PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaida in Iraq trained by Palestinians

ELVIS
02-08-2004, 04:18 AM
Adopting their tactics to launch suicide strikes against U.S. targets

February 6, 2004

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

BAGHDAD – Al-Qaida and related insurgency groups have adopted Palestinian tactics in strikes against U.S. and allied targets, reports Geostrategy-Direct, the global intelligence news service.

Palestinian insurgents from the ruling Fatah movement and Hamas are advising Sunni insurgents and al-Qaida operatives on methods to launch suicide operations against the U.S. and allied military presence in Iraq, Iraqi security sources say. The methods include the choice of targets, use of explosive belts and the infiltration of operatives.

The Palestinian model was employed in the twin suicide strikes against Kurdish targets in Irbil on Feb. 1. At least 65 people were killed and another 250 were injured in the bombings of Kurdish political parties in the northern Iraqi city.

"The use of suicide bombers is new to Iraq but common in Palestine," a security source said. "In Iraq, attacks meant to result in massive casualties were usually done by car bombs."

The sources said Ansar Al Islam, which has worked closely with both al-Qaida and Saddam loyalists, was behind the attacks. They said Ansar was apparently avenging the Kurdish capture of a leading Ansar operative, Hassan Ghul, in January 2004.

Ansar, the sources said, employed the Palestinian tactics of using women as suicide bombers to infiltrate Kurdish facilities. The other suicide bomber, the sources said, was dressed as an Islamic cleric. They said the use of disguises reflected Fatah and Hamas methods of dressing Palestinian suicide bombers as either secular Israeli Jews or rabbis in their attempt to enter Israeli buses or other public facilities.

"These methods are not those of Iraqis, rather of foreigners who come from nearby countries," said Adel Butani, a spokesman for the Kurdistan Democratic Party.

The Iraqi security sources said Palestinian insurgents from Jordan and the West Bank were recruited for Sunni operations in Iraq in mid-2003. The insurgents joined both al-Qaida-aligned and Sunni cells to help plan suicide strikes, the sources said.

Many of the Palestinians – possessing Jordanian passports – arrived in late 2002 and early 2003 in Iraq where they joined the Fedayeen Saddam forces, then commanded by the late son of Saddam Hussein, Uday.

During the war against the United States in March 2003, Fedayeen Saddam employed suicide bombers, including at least one woman, against advancing American troops.

The Iraqi sources said they expect the Irbil bombings to be followed by other suicide attacks against pro-American Kurdish civilian targets. They said the most likely venue for such attacks is the mixed city of Kirkuk, which has been claimed by Kurdish nationalists.

Al-Qaida also used Palestinian methods for suicide bombings in 2003 in Saudi Arabia. Saudi security sources said al-Qaida has obtained hundreds of explosive belts similar to those manufactured in the West Bank and Gaza Strip by such Palestinian insurgency groups as Fatah, Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

They have expressed concern that young Saudis, inspired by Palestinian suicide attacks against Israel, would undergo recruitment for similar operations as part of al-Qaida's drive to oust the royal family.

:elvis:

Osama Bin Laden
02-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Silly infidels..... don't you realize that the Mossad swine are decieving you??

I used to work for the CIA so I know all their tricks, and they, Mossad, the ISI, they're all playing by the same rule book.

Those so called "martyrs of jihad" are nothing of the sort. They are unfortunate brainwashed souls used as pawns to keep a population in fear. Believe me, as the world's leading terrorist, I should know the difference!

BigBadBrian
02-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Osama Bin Laden
Silly infidels..... don't you realize that the Mossad swine are decieving you??

I used to work for the CIA so I know all their tricks, and they, Mossad, the ISI, they're all playing by the same rule book.

Those so called "martyrs of jihad" are nothing of the sort. They are unfortunate brainwashed souls used as pawns to keep a population in fear. Believe me, as the world's leading terrorist, I should know the difference!

Hmmm.............so it is FORD. :gulp:

FORD
02-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Hmmm.............so it is FORD. :gulp:

Nope. If I could afford to travel back and forth to Jedda Saudi Arabia everyday, I would have to BE a Bin Laden.