PDA

View Full Version : Darth Tater: The dark side of Mr. Potato Head

FORD
01-20-2005, 01:47 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/TECH/fun.games/01/19/tater.doll.ap/vert.darth.tater.ap.jpg

Darth Tater: The dark side of Mr. Potato Head

Wednesday, January 19, 2005 Posted: 2:16 PM EST (1916 GMT)

PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island (AP) -- A spud on the dark side.

That's how toy maker Hasbro Inc. is promoting its latest Mr. Potato Head figure, Darth Tater.

The toy spud will be available next month, ahead of the May release of "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith," the latest installment in that film series.

Darth Tater will come with a light saber, cape and helmet, in addition to the regular Mr. Potato Head accessories such as eyes, mouth and nose.

The Pawtucket-based toy maker says children will be able to "have all kinds of mix n' match, Mr. Potato Head fun with this wacky spud dressed as the infamous `Star Wars' villain, Darth Vader."

The toy will retail in the United States for $7.99.

"Star Wars: Episode III," starring Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman, will open in U.S. theaters on May 19.

Rikk
01-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Man. I love STAR WARS and everything, but that's gotta be the stupidest marketing tool I've ever seen.

FORD
01-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah, but then look at the last two movies. Mr Potatohead vs Jar Jar Binks? tough call...

Rikk
01-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Yeah, but then look at the last two movies. Mr Potatohead vs Jar Jar Binks? tough call...

I'd still take Mr. Potato-Head over JAR-JAW BINKS. The shark in JAWS 3-D was a more engaging and enjoyable character than fucking JAR-HEAD.

Mezro
01-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
The shark in JAWS 3-D was a more engaging and enjoyable character than fucking JAR-HEAD.

The shark in JAWS 3-D was more engaging and enjoyable than Simon McCorkindale.

Mezro...Louis Gossett Jr. was wonderful as Bippy the Seal...

Knucklebones
01-20-2005, 04:03 PM
guys....I bet that thing will be worth SHITLOADS in 10 - 20 years

Mezro
01-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Knucklebones
guys....I bet that thing will be worth SHITLOADS in 10 - 20 years

Just like all those Howard Stern Butt Bongo Fiesta and New Year's Rotten Even VHS tapes I have in storage.

Mezro...obsolete technology ruined my investment...don't let this happen to you...