PDA

View Full Version : Beatles Secret Reunion LA 1976

Panamark
02-09-2004, 01:41 AM
Whether you are a fan of the Beatles or not, this would be huge news in the Rock world. Apparently they reunited in 1976 and recorded five new tracks. Anyone know more about this ? Seems like Sir P wanted the story squashed. That alone makes me think it happened. Anyone have further info about this ??

Heres some shit I read about it.

http://www.momentsintime.com/Beatles%20Reunion.htm

Golden AWe
02-09-2004, 04:55 AM
The first photo looks like it says RICH instead of Ringo...hmmmm

ELVIS
02-09-2004, 04:56 AM
I don't believe it...

Panamark
02-09-2004, 05:05 AM
Yeah it looks mighty suspect to me. Paul's silencing of the story is a little strange, however. He's a secretive bugger, theres probably
another ten albums of Beatles songs sitting around somewhere.

ELVIS
02-09-2004, 05:08 AM
Do you know this story ??

During the first season of "Saturday Night Live," (April, 1976) producer Lorne Michaels parodied the multimillion dollar offers for a Beatles reunion by publicly offering the "generous" sum of $3000 live on the air. Little did Michaels know that the offer nearly succeeded, with John and Paul going so far as to call a taxi to take them to the studios from the nearby Dakota. (Where the duo were watching the show together) As John relates in his "Playboy" interview, "We nearly got into a cab, but we were actually too tired." The program would milk the "offer" for all it was worth. These included: a second plea from Michaels (where he upped the offer to $3200), the launch of the Rutles on SNL (October, 1976), and joking asides from Michaels to both George Harrison (November, 1976) and Paul McCartney (February, 1993) when they appeared as musical guests.

This is true...:)

Panamark
02-09-2004, 05:23 AM
Shit ! That makes the other stuff possible ? I didnt know that Paul and John even hung out together after the spilt...

ELVIS
02-09-2004, 05:33 AM
Yes.. Paul was in New York visiting John.. It's the last time they were together...

ELVIS
02-09-2004, 05:36 AM
Live from New York, It's... The Beatles! (http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/satnite.htm)

:elvis:

Panamark
02-09-2004, 05:56 AM
Well there ya go ! Im finding this rumour more and more feasible by the minute :)

Igosplut
02-09-2004, 06:06 AM
75K for an erased tape that MIGHT have had Beatles music on it????

Bit of a stretch if you ask me.....

Golden AWe
02-09-2004, 08:14 AM
I remember there's also a book written about the theory that the real Paul McCartney died in the sixties and he was replaced by a canadian look-a-like...LOL

FORD
02-09-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm about 99% sure this story is bullshit. At least the Klaatu rumor produced an actual album. Curious that they would use "Little Girl" as one of the titles though.

The Beatles did in fact have a song called "I Lost My Little Girl" which was one of the first things they ever wrote possibly even in the late 50's. It resurfaced during the January 1969 Get Back/Let It Be sessions, but didn't make the album. McCartney later included it on his "MTV Unplugged" album.

FORD
02-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
The first photo looks like it says RICH instead of Ringo...hmmmm

It does. But then, Ringo's real name is Richard Starkey.

ThrillsNSpills
02-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm about 99% sure this story is bullshit. At least the Klaatu rumor produced an actual album. Curious that they would use "Little Girl" as one of the titles though.

I remember the Klaatu shit. That's gotta be the most ridiculous way to try to generate a buzz for a new band is to try the whole "could it be the Beatles" strategy that was used. It just ended up pissing people off.

They were more derivative of the Beatles than Oasis in a lot of ways.

Gmoney
02-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Can someone serve me up another side order of Bull Shit??

DLR7884
02-09-2004, 07:54 PM
This is BULLSHIT.

DLR7884
No way it's true at all.

Panamark
02-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Im a sucker for a real reunion. I *WANT* to believe. heheheh. Fucken Beatles , Fucken Van Halen...

DLR7884
02-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Im a sucker for a real reunion. I *WANT* to believe. heheheh. Fucken Beatles , Fucken Van Halen...

Me too. You can add bands like Pink Floyd, Alice In Chains (before Layne died), the original AC/DC lineup, and Guns N' Roses to the list of bands I like that more than likely will not (or flat out will not) get back together.

DLR7884
What's up with that?

Panamark
02-11-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Me too. You can add bands like Pink Floyd, Alice In Chains (before Layne died), the original AC/DC lineup, and Guns N' Roses to the list of bands I like that more than likely will not (or flat out will not) get back together.

DLR7884
What's up with that?

That what pisses me off the most with Halen, the fuckers are all alive
and capable. Axl Rose is a fucken prick. Going out under the name Guns'n'Roses without any of the real dudes is almost as fucked as a
Van Hagar reunion.