PDA

View Full Version : Most innovative thing ever done with an electric guitar

dave_is_vh
01-21-2005, 05:18 PM
I think that the intro to Mean Streets has to be the most innovative thing ever done with an electric guitar. Perhaps it is the most innovative thing ever done with a guitar period. It is so out of left field unexpected. Who would ever have though of doing something like that on a guitar? Can anyone out there think of anything that anyone has ever done with an electric guitar that is anywhere as innovative as the intro to Mean Streets?

lms2
01-21-2005, 06:04 PM
I thought this was gonna be a thread about Eddie trying to take off Sam's head with an electric guitar...

academic punk
01-21-2005, 06:10 PM
I agree it's pretty fuckin' amazing.

That being said, BB King is the most innovative guitarist of all time. he was the first to bend notes, use vibrato, etc etc. and a hell of a good tunesmith too.

completely overlooked.

Bill Lumbergh
01-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by lms2
I thought this was gonna be a thread about Eddie trying to take off Sam's head with an electric guitar...

:D

Big Troubles
01-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
I think that the intro to Mean Streets has to be the most innovative thing ever done with an electric guitar. Perhaps it is the most innovative thing ever done with a guitar period. It is so out of left field unexpected. Who would ever have though of doing something like that on a guitar? Can anyone out there think of anything that anyone has ever done with an electric guitar that is anywhere as innovative as the intro to Mean Streets?

I thought it was pretty innovative when ed played Cathedral... Or Little Guitars with a little chiquita guitar. Actualy everything Ed has done has been real creative.

academic punk
01-21-2005, 10:27 PM
except for bringing Hagar into the fold. that was just fucking stupid.

Big Troubles
01-21-2005, 10:32 PM
I reckon he was drinking some bad Heineken. :D

academic punk
01-21-2005, 10:47 PM
well, it wouldn't be that can!

I reckons that's a veeeery good can o' Heineken, indeed!