PDA

View Full Version : News on one Billy Sheehan

academic punk
01-21-2005, 09:05 PM
and sidebar one Steve Vai. Do I care? Not really. but it's Dave related news, so here 'tis...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=31772

BILLY SHEEHAN To Release New Solo Album In February - Jan. 20, 2005

Revolutionary bass player BILLY SHEEHAN (DAVID LEE ROTH, MR. BIG) will release his second solo album, "Cosmic Troubadour", in the U.S. on February 22 via Favored Nations.

Produced by Pat Regan, "Cosmic Troubadour" again sees Sheehan handling multi-instrumental duties and writing all of the material, as he did on his 2001 debut, "Compression" (Favored Nations). Ray Luzier and Simone Sello lend a hand on drums and guitars/programming respectively.

"Cosmic Troubadour" shows Sheehan maturing as both a songwriter and vocalist on his sophomore release. The tracks cross a multitude of genres while still remaining true to his hard rock roots. Beginning with the prog-rock syncopation of "Toss It To The Flame", to the pulsating bass line of the instrumental "The Suspense Is Killing Me" to the closing KING CRIMSON-esque polyrhythm of "A Million Tears Ago", Sheehan is able to juxtapose elements of funk and blues with a foundation in metal.

Billy Sheehan will be on the road in March, holding down the groove for his longtime band-mate and now label President Steve Vai. Joining them on the stage will be guitar/keyboard virtuoso Tony MacAlpine, fellow Favored Nations artist David Weiner, and drummer Jeremy Colson.

"Cosmic Troubadour" track listing:

01. Toss It On The Flame
02. Back In The Day
03. The Suspense Is Killing Me
04. From The Backseat
05. Donšt Look Down
06. Something She Said
07. Dreams of Discontent
08. Dig A Hole
09. Taj
10. The Lift
11. A Tower In The Sky
12. Long Walk Home
13. Indisputable Truth #1
14. Hope
15. A Million Tears Ago

Soul Reaper
01-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Cool, I really like Billy Sheehan's bass playing and the stuff he did with Vai was awesome.

Last_Child
01-23-2005, 12:19 PM
20th. February in America...
Let's say....ehm...20th. May in Norway..

Last_Child
01-23-2005, 12:19 PM
If it is going to released there...

Soul Reaper
01-26-2005, 03:57 PM
http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/modules/subjects/pages/ExposedSheenanBoots1977.jpg

Knucklebones
01-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Talas, Roth, Mr. Big. B'z,

Billy kicks ass

JOE!JOE!JOE!
01-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Honestly, who in the fuck would go out and buy a solo sheehan cd. Maybe alinchainz or lounge or some aspiring bass player. But the fucker shouldn't sell over 200 copies.

LoungeMachine
01-27-2005, 12:51 AM
JOE THUNDER, LP
Reply | Quote
IP: 24.154.4.127

Ya, I just don't want to diminish any part of the Van Halen legacy. Sure I may have been the master mind who chose the songs on Diver Down along with writing Take Your Whisky Home, Hammerhead Shark (solo) and co-wrote of course Romeo Delight. However it is important to know I did not play any instrument or sing any lyric (aside from backrounds for Cradle Will Rock and Little Dreamer). Dave deserves the bulk of the credit. Myself, the band where a part of it, sure, but Dave is who we should commend for the most part. He provided the atmoshere and the attitude for the rest of us to be successfull. That is why I dedicate myself to this site. Thank you.

01-13-2005 02:46 PM

JOE THUNDER, LP
Reply | Quote
IP: 24.154.4.127

The only songs I ever wrote were Hammerhead Shark and Take Your Whisky Home. I was on song selection committee for the Diver Down record as well. I am not having a Q @ A session at this time though.

01-13-2005 11:25 AM

LoungeMachine
01-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by JOE!JOE!JOE!
Honestly, who in the fuck would go out and buy a solo sheehan cd. Maybe alinchainz or lounge or some aspiring bass player. But the fucker shouldn't sell over 200 copies.

Why not comment on the Van Halen songs you wrote instead of this lame shit?:rolleyes: