PDA

View Full Version : Lenny Wilkins to quit on Saturday

POJO_Risin
01-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Well..many think that Isiah has wanted this coaching job from the start...and his ego may lead him that way...

however...Phil Jackson is a former Knick...who is interested in the job for sure...

but his name is actually being connected to...get this...the Bulls job as well...again...

this could get interesting...

Isiah has slowly started dumping salaries in NY...and isn't doing a bad job...

but if he coaches that team...he'll be canned by the end of next year...he needs to stay in the front office...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-22-2005, 09:11 AM
I don't think Phil will get close to NY, I don't think it's in his "karma" anymore.... ;)

ALinChainz
01-22-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm wondering about Isaiah.

Look at his track record with NBA teams and the CBA franchise.

Looking to trade for Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall, which would actually add payroll depending on what Toronto is will to take.

And I heard Jackson's name mentioned a bit too talking about this job. He would alone put the excitement back in this team probably.

POJO_Risin
01-22-2005, 03:35 PM
My guess here is it's down to two people...maybe three if you throw in Larry Brown's name...who may be looking for a change after or during the season...

Phil and Isiah...Isiah can't coach...and perhaps he will smarten up and realize that he needs to stay in the front office...

Phil can...and I can't fathom him going back to Chicago...I could see him calling it quits after a tenure in NY...

the question is...will he be willing to build a team...instead of being handed a title contender...

Island Boy
01-23-2005, 11:42 PM
It will be neither Isiah or Phil.

Isiah as readily said he doesnt want to coach.

And I cant see Phil wanting to go to NY and coach the mess that its in now. (thats coming from a Knick fan)