PDA

View Full Version : I woke up in FUNLAND!!!!

Matt White
01-22-2005, 11:34 AM
I got home from work at 2:30pm last night. Had a few cocktails after work with the boys. Got home and crashed hard.
I get up at 10:30am and .........WOW!!!
And the funny part is, I hear it's supposed to snow into the afternoon!
Now, this is what I'm talkin' 'bout! We haven't had a really good snowfall in a few years in MICHIGAN. When I was a kid in the 70's, we used to get HEAVY snow fall & we had snow on the ground from Halloween to May.
I'm not liking this Global Warming nonsense. I want my winters back!!! How's a guy supposed to d any ice fishing when the lakes & ponds thaw eberyother week? No snowmobiling, cross-cuntry skiing, and outdoor ice skating!
I grew up on a lake as a kid. It would freeze and stay that way for months!!! Let's hope this snow sticks around!!!:D

guwapo_rocker
01-22-2005, 12:03 PM
We're expecting 6 inches of snow here. I think you are

expected to get about 12 inches before it stops.

lms2
01-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Where is mine dang it! All we have gotten this year so far is ice! and a little more ice...

Matt White
01-22-2005, 12:18 PM
"Lookin' out my back door"!!!

guwapo_rocker
01-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by lms2
and a little more ice...

Yes please and a couple of shots of Johnny Black!!!

lms2
01-22-2005, 12:23 PM
:lol:

Matt White
01-22-2005, 12:27 PM
And, I gotta go to work this afternoon!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

lms2
01-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Watch out for idiots that don't know how to drive. We have a lot of those here!

Matt White
01-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Same here! People FREAK out when it snows. I've been driving for 21 years. Haven't got stuck in the snow yet (except when I was trying to get stuck!:)).
Rule # 1 for driving in the snow: LAY OFF THE BREAK!!!!

Golden AWe
01-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Hahahah...you lucky bastard!

Yesss...those 2 years I spent in Denmark...they had snow for about 3-14 days during the winter...people were in small panic, schools were closed and cars were sliding around the road in their slippery summer tires.

Here in Finland Funland...the schools are not closed if it's snowing, ha ha...back in the elementary school, we didn't have to go out during the breaks if it was like -25 C...well, we didn't, but after the school we went to play hockey! Hahahaha...

Ally_Kat
01-22-2005, 03:14 PM
We're suppose to get 2 ft and hurricane-force winds. woot!

Snow days for sure!

Nickdfresh
01-22-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Same here! People FREAK out when it snows. I've been driving for 21 years. Haven't got stuck in the snow yet (except when I was trying to get stuck!:)).
Rule # 1 for driving in the snow: LAY OFF THE BREAK!!!!

...And the gas pedal! It's been coming down all day here in balmy Buffalo. The Snows not coming down hard, just consistently keeps snowing. Just enough to keep the roads messy.

Matt White
01-23-2005, 10:55 AM
:D The snow was coming down at the rate of 3 inches an hour! Bizzard conditions! Cars in the ditches, to and from work, made it look like the holiday season with all the flashing lights!
The local Ice sculpture festival reported record business!!!
I'm gonna have to get my skates sharpened!:p

Susie Q
01-27-2005, 06:58 AM
I absolutely LOVE snow. We live between Nickdfresh and Ally Kat and this past Saturday we got about 13 inches of snow. Then just yesterday we got another 5 inches of the stuff. It makes things so very clean and pretty outside. Keeps the scum bags inside too.

Matt, you have an absolutely BEAUTIFUL backyard. What I wouldn't give to see that every morning. I am an old fashioned girl, and farm life could suit me just fine. But for now....I live in the City.

I have a 'master game plan" in store. I bought a 2004 Dodge Durango with all the whistles and bells on it. So....when I make my move out in the Country, I'm ready!

ODShowtime
01-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Fuck all this noise. I'm headin for the desert this weekend after being shut in my apartment all last weekend because of the snow. Talk about a change!

Matt White
01-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
I absolutely LOVE snow. We live between Nickdfresh and Ally Kat and this past Saturday we got about 13 inches of snow. Then just yesterday we got another 5 inches of the stuff. It makes things so very clean and pretty outside. Keeps the scum bags inside too.

Matt, you have an absolutely BEAUTIFUL backyard. What I wouldn't give to see that every morning. I am an old fashioned girl, and farm life could suit me just fine. But for now....I live in the City.

I have a 'master game plan" in store. I bought a 2004 Dodge Durango with all the whistles and bells on it. So....when I make my move out in the Country, I'm ready!

:D Thanks Susie Q! I dig livin' in the sticks! The beauty of living in Michigan!!! You get 4 season!

Susie Q
01-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Matt,
That one picture of all the barns.... Are those all original pieces, or have you added some on since you lived there? You and Wifey are very blessed to have such a beautiful place. :)

Next door to me....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: the house should be condemed. Sad thing is, I have lived here since 1972 and the home next door was in great shape. Then the old people who owned it (they happened to escape that whole holocaust thing and somehow ended up here?!) one had passed away and the other ended up in a nursing home with no surviving relatives. She sold the home for only $15,000 and now....awwww man. It's a shit hole. Why people let their property go to hell is beyond me.

Last_Child
01-28-2005, 07:20 AM
In the Northern parts of Norway....It's whole lotta' snow!
In the middle where i live....it's not that much...but it's enough..

Golden AWe
01-28-2005, 08:32 AM
the old photo once again...we're not afraid of snow...

Matt White
01-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Susie Q
Matt,
That one picture of all the barns.... Are those all original pieces, or have you added some on since you lived there? You and Wifey are very blessed to have such a beautiful place. :)

:D I can't lie SusieQ......I rent the place, along with my brother and a bud! It would be nice to buy it from the owner, but it sits on about 200 acres of field & woods and they are developing all around us. I'm sure it will be his kids retirement fund! And, he says he is NEVER going to sell the place in his lifetime!

Still, it's a very cool place to live.

HAHA!!! No wifey either! We use the tranquil setting to lure the beautiful towns-women back to our lair!!!:D

Very cool for parties, bonfires & family gatherings!

Susie Q
01-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Damn Matt, well that place will definitely do it! That's a nice bachelor pad I am sure. Too bad that dude won't sell it to you. But, I admit....if I owned it...well...lol....you wouldn't be there! Or, I would be kind enough for you to build your own a few acres away. I wouldn't kick ya out, cause I am good like that. :o

My dream house is either an old farmhouse with a nice wraparound porch, or a log cabin that sits just above a nice view over the lake.

When I retire someday I may move over seas to Ireland or England. That would be cool too! :D

Matt White
01-29-2005, 11:38 AM
:D I agree completely SusieQ! He lives at one corner of the property, and his daughter lives on the opposite side. So, it's like 200 acres of tranquility!:p
He gets people asking all the time to sell them a "lot", but he refuses. On on side, a new subdivision backs up to his property. I'm sure that, when he passes away, his daughter will sell the entire200 acres to a developer.
:D But, in the meantime, we're hangin' here and diggin' it!!!