PDA

View Full Version : Pope Reaffirms No Condom Stand

Mezro
01-22-2005, 08:37 PM
-Pope John Paul on Saturday stressed that the Roman Catholic Church believed abstinence and fidelity within marriage, and not condoms, were the best way to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS.-

This guy is a douche bag. Hello asshole HIV/AIDS are already here. The rest of the world believes in safe sex but not the Catholic Church.

Mezro...hey Pope John Blow Job - not all people stay faithful in marriage - not even your precious Catholic zombies...

Mezro
01-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Put me on Saturday Night Live.

Mezro...i'll rip his picture up and shit on it...smell the ratings...

MAX
01-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Every sperm is sacred.

Coyote
01-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Is that retarded or what?

Mezro
01-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Is that retarded or what?

When are these assholes going to come out of the stone age?

Each time the Vatican sends a message like this a whole new generation of teens start banging away without condoms.

Mezro...fuck the Pope...he can suck a dick...wait...he already allows his priests to do that...

MAX
01-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Mezro...fuck the Pope...he can suck a dick...wait...he already allows his priests to do that...

Yep.

Listen, when Jesus said "Suffer little children to come unto Me." that's NOT what he was talking about.

Keep your hands off the altar boys Father!!!

Mezro
01-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Yep.

Listen, when Jesus said "Suffer little children to come unto Me." that's NOT what he was talking about.

Pisses me the fuck off.

Mezro...I guess God told them to molest children...bunch of sick fucks...

MAX
01-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Yep.

I'm with you Mez. Sick shit right there.

Coyote
01-22-2005, 09:21 PM
When are these assholes going to come out of the stone age?

Each time the Vatican sends a message like this a whole new generation of teens start banging away without condoms.

Hopefully, the next Pope'll have a brain.

Ally_Kat
01-22-2005, 09:42 PM
If having a brain means promoting birth control, it won't happen. The Church doesn't believe in birth control.

Mezro
01-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
The Church doesn't believe in birth control.

The church doesn't believe in common sense or anything rooted in reality.

Mezro...but they love to interpret a bunch of fairy tales as law...how any educated person can fall for that bullshit...

Ally_Kat
01-22-2005, 10:04 PM
To each his own.

But of all the times I have heard people having unprotected sex outside of marriage, it was always because the guy said sex w/o the condom felt better and guilted the chick into it and never because the pope re-affirmed the Church's stance on abstinence before marriage and faithfullness within marriage.

Jesterstar
01-22-2005, 10:09 PM
I hate condoms and I'm with the pope on this one. It makes sense. It's just that people don't have the restraint to not have sex. I know I don't. And I don't wear condoms either. Haven't since I was 16. How else would I get my world Famous money shot off with out a deal???

kentuckyklira
01-23-2005, 07:27 AM
-Pope John Paul on Saturday stressed that the Roman Catholic Church believed abstinence and fidelity within marriage, and not condoms, were the best way to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS.-

This guy is a douche bag. Hello asshole HIV/AIDS are already here. The rest of the world believes in safe sex but not the Catholic Church.

Mezro...hey Pope John Blow Job - not all people stay faithful in marriage - not even your precious Catholic zombies... There should be a jumbo jet arriving in Rome daily full of little hungry Catholic kids from Africa that all get dumped on the Pope´s doorstep!

twonabomber
01-23-2005, 07:44 AM
The Church doesn't believe in birth control.

but welfare mothers having five or six kids that they can't afford to support is OK...

Jesterstar
01-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
but welfare mothers having five or six kids that they can't afford to support is OK...
Actually the do it intentionally. I grew up in Eaton New York which is nothing but white trash to the extream and one of the regular topics around the trailor park. They get a huge pay off for taxes and that is basicly the whole reason they do it. Not because the pope tells them not to use rubbers. they don't even know who he is.

Mezro
01-23-2005, 02:25 PM

But of all the times I have heard people having unprotected sex outside of marriage, it was always because the guy said sex w/o the condom felt better

There are plenty of people in monogamous relationships that test before they go condomless.

Without hopping on Google do you know the difference between an HIV PCR/RNA test and an HIV 1 & 2 Antibody Elisa? Do most Catholics? Probably not but they damn well can tell me about burning bushes and water into wine hocus pocus crap.

Did the Pope or any of his Catholic fraud cronies say to test before entering into a baby making agreement? No. Why not? Wouldn't God want his precious sheep to breed safely?

These are the same group of organized pedophiles who destroy lives then pay hush money to make it all go away. Disgusting. And people run their lives by the law of the church.

The Vatican needs to educate young people about the truth...not their twisted interpretation of the truth.

Mezro...oh and Ally you are a Mod...make a donation to the Army sometime...

Mezro
01-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
There should be a jumbo jet arriving in Rome daily full of little hungry Catholic kids from Africa that all get dumped on the Pope´s doorstep!

He would like that. He would tell them that God loves them and then let the Priests fuck them.

Mezro...they need to put a cap on the age limit of the Pope...you can be Pope up until 60 years old and then you have to retire...

Ally_Kat
01-23-2005, 10:20 PM
oh and Ally you are a Mod...make a donation to the Army sometime...

Mez, why don't you go fuck off?

MAX
01-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Cumdones do suck. Like swimmin' in a pool while wearing a wetsuit. Regardless, also like a sharksuit while swimmin' in untamed pussy waters.

Rikk
01-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Mezro...oh and Ally you are a Mod...make a donation to the Army sometime...

LMFAO!!!!:p

Ally_Kat
01-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
LMFAO!!!!:p

And you can go fuck off, too, because you don't know what you are laughing about.

Mezro
01-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Mez, why don't you go fuck off?

Ally - why don't you answer some of my questions?

Mezro...should I ask the Pope for permission to fuck off first?...

scottydabodi
01-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Yep.

HA HA!!! Carlin Rules.

Mezro
01-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Cumdones do suck. Like swimmin' in a pool while wearing a wetsuit. Regardless, also like a sharksuit while swimmin' in untamed pussy waters.

When you are single Elder MAX they are a much needed evil.

Mezro...i'd rather wear it now so I can live to fuck another day...

scottydabodi
01-24-2005, 03:30 PM
I will go on the record as stating that I don't particularly like condoms, but I USE THEM. If you don't use a condom while having sex, then you're in fucking trouble, REGARDLESS of what the church says. I'm not gonna quit having sex because the fucken POPE doesn't like it... He doesn't have to like it. He probably has never HAD sex, for crying out loud!! Listening to what the Pope has to say about sex is like listening to what Sammy Hagar has to say about writing GREAT LYRICS. Neither know what the heck they're talking about. Be safe, people, cause AIDS IS OUT THERE, and all it takes is one time. F-the pope.

frets5150
01-24-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm married i would know about not having sex what is it again
Help me out Ragu :D

guwapo_rocker
01-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
F-the pope.

Use a condom!!:D

scottydabodi
01-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker

HAHAA!!!! Funny-very funny!

Rikk
01-24-2005, 03:45 PM
And you can go fuck off, too, because you don't know what you are laughing about.

Temper temper.

Rikk
01-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Listening to what the Pope has to say about sex is like listening to what Sammy Hagar has to say about writing GREAT LYRICS.

Scotty, that is brilliant!;) I am staying out of this one, although my opinion on organized religion is not a big mystery.

Rikk
01-24-2005, 03:49 PM

LMFAO!:D

(Wow, I'm laughing at something GUWAPO said.;))

scottydabodi
01-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Scotty, that is brilliant!;)

Thank you. I aim to please!

Carmine
01-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
I'm married i would know about not having sex what is it again
Help me out Ragu :D

LOL....Its that thing married guys do ALONE in the Shower!:D

...OR when the wife and kids have left the ranch for the day, and you take a trip to the video store!

... and it is also the 45 seconds in the bathroom when the kids are watching Nickelodeon!

frets5150
01-24-2005, 04:00 PM
BOTH :mad:

Mezro
01-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Ha..guwapo line of the year:D

Mezro...don't bareback the Pope...he is, after all, full of shit...no telling what you'll get...

Carmine
01-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
BOTH :mad:

All 3! I went back and added the Clincher!!!:D

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Ally - why don't you answer some of my questions?

Mezro...should I ask the Pope for permission to fuck off first?...

Why don't you look at what I quoted for you to fuck off at? I was too mad at that, and then also again when Rikk decided to quote and hav a good laugh at it, to even type up anything to answer your religious questions.

No, I do not know anything about the AIDS tests, and quite frankly, I don't need to. I don't sleep around. The only person I will ever be with is the hubby and we have been open on what we have/have not done.

Do other Catholics? I hope those that put themselves at risk for it do.

Are we suppose to test before going into marriage? No. Why would they advocate that? According to the belief, one is suppose to wait until marriage and then stay faithful in marriage. That is what God said and that is what the Church promotes. It's a commandment. To sit there and promote STD testing before marriage would be like silently okaying the sin. Plus it would be assuming someone sinned and accusing that sin upon them by telling them they should test before marriage.

Not everyone within the Church is a pedophile. And the only reason the Church even does the hush money and relocating thing is because there is an extreme shortage of priests. If there wasn't such a shortage, those that are accused would have been removed first and foremost. But, because of the shortage, they can't do that or else churches would close up and quick, of which I'm sure you wouldn't mind. Also, with those accusations, a lot of them happen because of the hush money and no investigation, which is unfair to those priests who are innocent. Yes, there are those who were innocent. But you never heard about those stories when everything was going on.

Children within the Catholic education system today are given an extensive, detailed education on the reproductive system. I should know, I went thru it. We learned about different types of birth control that are available, too! It's required for Health class. So to say we don't know the truth is funny for me. If you don't know your stuff after you finish that class, it's because you didn't pay attention and that can hardly be the fault of the Catholic Church.

And if you read the actual quote it says that the Church will promote abstinence and faithfulness within marriage as the best way to stop the spread of AIDS/STDS. I don't see how that is a bad thing. That is in ordinance with what they believe, and, if actually followed, would help.

If one is going to go against their belief system, I think it is up to them to know how to keep themselves safe. I dont see why it should be up to the institution who believes it is against the law of God to go and educate those within it inorder to help them go out and sin. If you think you are responsible enough to run off and have random casual sex, then you should act responsibly enough and educate yourself and carry out actions to keep yourself, and if aplicable your spouse, safe. And if you fuck up and get something and/or pregnant, you have no one to blame but yourself -- not the Church.

And another thing I find HIGHLY LOLarious is the fact that someone said that kids would listen to this from the Pope/Church and go have sex without condoms. If they don't listen to the Pope/Church about not having sex before marriage, what makes you think they are going to care about the Church's stance on birth control? Most of them DON'T know the Church's stance on birth control and don't care. Those that go at it bareback are either on the pill or doing it because their partners tell them it is better w/o the condom. Again, if they deem themselves responsible enough to go out and have casual sex, they should be responsible enough, especially in today's world with all the diseases, to educate themselves on how to keep themselves safe. I have no pity for them.

Rikk
01-24-2005, 04:10 PM
...and then also again when Rikk decided to quote and hav a good laugh at it...

Seriously, you need to relax, Ally. You take every fucking thing as a big insult.

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Seriously, you need to relax, Ally. You take every fucking thing as a big insult.

Rikk, common sense tells you there is a reason why I haven't donated. It also tells you there is a reason why I come to check out my forum, take care of what i have to, and hardly post. And while I don't feel the need to validate myself to you or Mezro, it felt pretty shitty that you got a good laugh at him disciplining me on my lack of donating. I'm sorry if I got mad at you getting a good laugh at my expense. Apparently I was in the wrong.

Rikk
01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Rikk, common sense tells you there is a reason why I haven't donated. It also tells you there is a reason why I come to check out my forum, take care of what i have to, and hardly post. And while I don't feel the need to validate myself to you or Mezro, it felt pretty shitty that you got a good laugh at him disciplining me on my lack of donating. I'm sorry if I got mad at you getting a good laugh at my expense. Apparently I was in the wrong.

Common sense?:confused: Who knows? Who cares? I don't sit around wondering why you do or don't do anything. You don't need to validate anything to me because I don't really care. MEZRO said something I thought was funny. Live with it.

Mezro
01-24-2005, 04:34 PM

No, I do not know anything about the AIDS tests, and quite frankly, I don't need to. I don't sleep around. The only person I will ever be with is the hubby and we have been open on what we have/have not done.

You will need to know about AIDS tests when your husband cheats behind your back with no condom.

Mezro...faith is one thing Ally...being blinded to reality by the church is another...

Mezro
01-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Rikk, common sense tells you there is a reason why I haven't donated.

But you can still donate to the church on a regular basis right? I'll bet you spend more time at the House of Roth than you do the House of God.

Mezro...ask the Pope for more money...you are a good Catholic...it should work just like an ATM...

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Common sense?:confused: Who knows? Who cares? I don't sit around wondering why you do or don't do anything. You don't need to validate anything to me because I don't really care. MEZRO said something I thought was funny. Live with it.

you thought it was funny that Mez publically yelled at me for my lack of donations. Check. Got it.

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 04:40 PM
But you can still donate to the church on a regular basis right? I'll bet you spend more time at the House of Roth than you do the House of God.

Mezro...ask the Pope for more money...you are a good Catholic...it should work just like an ATM...

I dont give at offering time everytime I go to church, but I do go. Moreso now than ever.

Rikk
01-24-2005, 04:41 PM
you thought it was funny that Mez publically yelled at me for my lack of donations. Check. Got it.

Shut up. Who the fuck do you think you are?

Put me on your list of people that piss you off. I will make sure to give a shit.:)

Mezro
01-24-2005, 04:42 PM

I wasn't yelling at you. There were no CAPS LOCKED involved.

Mezro...I think it is funny that there are Mods here who have not donated...you included...

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 04:45 PM
You will need to know about AIDS tests when your husband cheats behind your back with no condom.

Mezro...faith is one thing Ally...being blinded to reality by the church is another...

You don't know him, so your judgment he will do that is kind of unfounded. I've known him personally for a long time, I know what kind of man he is, I know what kind of family he comes from, and I know what his views are.

Plus you are assuming he doesn't use condoms.

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Shut up. Who the fuck do you think you are?

Put me on your list of people that piss you off. I will make sure to give a shit.:)

And who the fuck do you think you are? You like to walk around like you are someone.

Rikk
01-24-2005, 04:52 PM
And who the fuck do you think you are? You like to walk around like you are someone.

I know...expressing my own opinions and everything.:eek: Wow.

Once again, quit acting as if I should treat your with special care. You are no more special to me here than anyone else.

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 04:52 PM
I wasn't yelling at you. There were no CAPS LOCKED involved.

Mezro...I think it is funny that there are Mods here who have not donated...you included...

And you had to point that out publically ina thread that had nothing to do with it, Mez?

If you had asked my privately, I would have told you why. I don't see why you needed to go bring it up this way and point it out to everyone. They can see under my sn if I have donated or not.

Mezro
01-24-2005, 04:55 PM
I dont give at offering time everytime I go to church, but I do go. Moreso now than ever.

Why? You don't have to pay a cent to believe in God or communicate with him.

Mezro...this is one of my problems with organized religion...they shake you down through guilt and the fear of eternal damnation...

Mezro
01-24-2005, 04:59 PM
And you had to point that out publically ina thread that had nothing to do with it, Mez?

Yes. This is currently a topic running through a few threads at the Army.

Mezro...and by pointing it out publicly I hope to motivate you into action...

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Why? You don't have to pay a cent to believe in God or communicate with him.

Mezro...this is one of my problems with organized religion...they shake you down through guilt and the fear of eternal damnation...

We frequently take offerings for random orphanages. I like to help out with those whenever I can. I can't really say I'm guilted into it. I do it cuz I want to.

Mezro
01-24-2005, 05:09 PM
We frequently take offerings for random orphanages. I like to help out with those whenever I can. I can't really say I'm guilted into it. I do it cuz I want to.

And that is a great way to use your money.

Mezro...nothing wrong with helping others...

Mezro
01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
You don't know him, so your judgment he will do that is kind of unfounded.

I'm a man. I also understand human nature.

Mezro...my judgement on how men act is founded...

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Yes. This is currently a topic running through a few threads at the Army.

Mezro...and by pointing it out publicly I hope to motivate you into action...

Yes, I noticed in Feedback, but I am not part of the group complaining about the ads. I understand why we have them and I accept it.

The one personal friend here who knows says he completely understands why I haven't. If it is such an insult to the site, then fine - De-mod me and I'll leave. I'm sorry if my personal life is more important to me at the moment.

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm a man. I also understand human nature.

Mezro...my judgement on how men act is founded...

But not all men act the same. Some act upon those impulses and others don't.

Mezro
01-24-2005, 05:21 PM

The one personal friend here who knows says he completely understands why I haven't. If it is such an insult to the site, then fine - De-mod me and I'll leave. I'm sorry if my personal life is more important to me at the moment.

Please don't blow it all out of proportion. I just thought it would be nice to see all the Mods donate.

We all have things going on in our lives. Sarge is in Iraq and he still pays to keep the site running.

Mezro...my feeling is if you can afford to connect to the internet you can kick in $20 for the Army...

Mezro
01-24-2005, 05:23 PM
But not all men act the same. Some act upon those impulses and others don't.

Here is a truth that will shock you: all men cheat at one point in their life.

Mezro...guys they say they have not are liars or are in serious denial...

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Here is a truth that will shock you: all men cheat at one point in their life.

Mezro...guys they say they have not are liars or are in serious denial...

but not all men cheat while married

Ally_Kat
01-24-2005, 05:50 PM

my feeling is if you can afford to connect to the internet you can kick in $20 for the Army...

I don't pay for my internet.

scottydabodi
01-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Why don't you look at what I quoted for you to fuck off at? I was too mad at that, and then also again when Rikk decided to quote and hav a good laugh at it, to even type up anything to answer your religious questions.

Are we suppose to test before going into marriage? No. Why would they advocate that? According to the belief, one is suppose to wait until marriage and then stay faithful in marriage. That is what God said and that is what the Church promotes. It's a commandment. To sit there and promote STD testing before marriage would be like silently okaying the sin. Plus it would be assuming someone sinned and accusing that sin upon them by telling them they should test before marriage.

Not everyone within the Church is a pedophile. And the only reason the Church even does the hush money and relocating thing is because there is an extreme shortage of priests. If there wasn't such a shortage, those that are accused would have been removed first and foremost. But, because of the shortage, they can't do that or else churches would close up and quick, of which I'm sure you wouldn't mind. Also, with those accusations, a lot of them happen because of the hush money and no investigation, which is unfair to those priests who are innocent. Yes, there are those who were innocent. But you never heard about those stories when everything was going on.

Children within the Catholic education system today are given an extensive, detailed education on the reproductive system. I should know, I went thru it. We learned about different types of birth control that are available, too! It's required for Health class. So to say we don't know the truth is funny for me. If you don't know your stuff after you finish that class, it's because you didn't pay attention and that can hardly be the fault of the Catholic Church.

And if you read the actual quote it says that the Church will promote abstinence and faithfulness within marriage as the best way to stop the spread of AIDS/STDS. I don't see how that is a bad thing. That is in ordinance with what they believe, and, if actually followed, would help.

If one is going to go against their belief system, I think it is up to them to know how to keep themselves safe. I dont see why it should be up to the institution who believes it is against the law of God to go and educate those within it inorder to help them go out and sin. If you think you are responsible enough to run off and have random casual sex, then you should act responsibly enough and educate yourself and carry out actions to keep yourself, and if aplicable your spouse, safe. And if you fuck up and get something and/or pregnant, you have no one to blame but yourself -- not the Church.

And another thing I find HIGHLY LOLarious is the fact that someone said that kids would listen to this from the Pope/Church and go have sex without condoms. If they don't listen to the Pope/Church about not having sex before marriage, what makes you think they are going to care about the Church's stance on birth control? Most of them DON'T know the Church's stance on birth control and don't care. Those that go at it bareback are either on the pill or doing it because their partners tell them it is better w/o the condom. Again, if they deem themselves responsible enough to go out and have casual sex, they should be responsible enough, especially in today's world with all the diseases, to educate themselves on how to keep themselves safe. I have no pity for them.

Uhh.... huh?

scottydabodi
01-24-2005, 06:55 PM
That is what God said.....

Do we have a RECORDING of this or are we just assuming that someone ACTUALLY spoke to God itsself... This is getting to be more and more like a Katydid thread each passing second... I'll go on the record one more time to promote full on whoopie before marriage, and if God don't like it, tough titty.

Cathedral
01-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Anyone who has more than one sex partner and doesn't wear a condom is a fucking idiot, and HIV/AIDS is not the only STD people need to worry about.
I'm not a Catholic, so i could care less what the Pope says. God doesn't hand pick them so they are just another idol for that church to put on a pedestle.

My Mother and her Husband think they are actual prophets, they preach to people that God has spoken specifically with them and pretty much tells them what to do, when, and how...talk about crazy!

My mother tried to extort $400.00 a month from me because "The Almighty God" told me too.
My reply to her was that i would not help her pay her bills so she can pay the bills of her personal charity sponges, and that if God wants me to do something he knows how to contact me.

They haven't been to a church in over a year since her husband slipped on ice last Feb. and doesn't seem to know much anymore due to brain damage. But they replaced church with Tele-Evangelism.
You know, the church of the almighty dollar?

I study the word, I attend church, but i am by no means manipulated by any church. I give when i feel moved to do so, not for any other reason.
I have challenged a couple of preachers about offerings by asking if they would accept livestock as an offering. If the answer was no i walk out never to return.
I mean if God already owns everything on the earth then why do we have to give him what he already owns?
I have only found one preacher that would accept non-monetary offerings, and i am a member of that church.

Some millionaire preacher telling me to be humble before God should take his own advice and take a lot less from the till in my opinion.
But at the same time, not all programs on church TV are bad.

C'mon now, my old church took up an offering to raise $800.00 for a new flag for the flag pole. they ended up collecting $2,200.00 and instead of feeding the homeless or doing something Godly with the excess, they got 2 new flags and spent the rest on uniforms for the choir, which by the way are supposed to be paid for by those who wear them.
So now when i drive by that church and see that bright colorful new flag flapping in the wind, or see a choir member wearing that new robe they really didn't need, i wonder how many people stayed hungry by not being more responsible with the cash.

You almost have to walk through life armed solely with faith, because these are dangerous times we live in spiritually, and those who are of a false nature in the church can and will lead the ignorant to hell no matter what they believe personally.
A false prophet should be exposed so the whole world knows not to follow his teachings.
The scariest part of it all to me is the amount of manipulation that has gone unchecked in 2000 years that has destroyed the word and intentions the scripture was supposed to teach us about.

Bottom line, unless God actually does speak to us individually, we are all doomed to fall short of his glory. Or you can bet your salvation by placing your faith in a mortal man in hopes that he has it right.

I don't think anyone living today has a chance at seeing Heaven without a miracle helping you to swim through the bullshit man has created in order to put forth their own agenda. cause if you follow them you will surely pay with your soul....better hope they are genuinely annointed with the Holy Ghost.

Remember that when dealing with a religeous fanatic, no matter how wrong their "prophecies" go in the end, they'll have an excuse for it, and they will believe it with all that is within them. It is just a shame that he that is within him/her isn't who they want you to think it is.

God apparently told my mother a whole bunch of things about me, all of which were wrong by the way. But even when i proved it there was no convincing them. I'm the one who was wrong and what was spoken to them was the truth and i'd better listen.
What they don't seem to understand is that God is never wrong, so i question their sources for info.
I mean c'mon, you try to pull the wool over my eyes by making God out to be everything but what the scripture and world history shows us?

No, what it proved to me was that the "prophecy" as they called it, was based on their understanding and not God's.
I make too much money, so it was an attempt to extort cash from me in the same "Oh, you can't ask questions" manner as your typical Capitalist Church.

I don't play that game, and my relationship with my mental mother has come to an end.
Oh, but let me also add that she got severely angry with me when i refused to do as I was commanded. (nice Christian attitude i got there)
If she needed money all she had to do was ask. but she didn't do that, she used God in what i can only call an attempt at extortion playing on my conscience and trying to guilt me into giving her money.

Now had the so called "prophecy" been spot on?
I wouldn't hesitate to give it to her, but that isn't the way of it now is it?, lol.
But like i said, she no longer feels she is responsible for anything she says or does, and on top of it all, I keep catching her in lies about stupid things and she claims that God finds no fault in her for it.

I'm keeping myself and my daughter as far away from them as possible from here on out.
It's just a replay of the early 80's when she got sucked into one of those healing churches.

And you all probably thought this site was the only place i had to argue over faith issues, lol.

If you walk into a church where the spirit of God flows, you'll know it the moment you walk in the door, and those are very very hard to find.
It is however very easy to spot the frauds, just wait for a 30 min. lecture about giving money.
It will go something like this:
"The Lord just spoke to me that there are 15 people here tonight that will be moved to write a check for $1,000"
At that point, grab your wallet and make a dash for the door, YOU are in the wrong place.

Rikk
01-24-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm agnostic, Cathedral. I have no religion. And that was a great post.

The very idea of allowing an organized group with their own idea of what God thinks and their own need to keep their organization alive (and sometimes profitable) to dictate moral standards in society even when people are dying or the standards are impractical is absolutely insane. Preach abstinence all you want, Ally. Kids will still have sex. People will still cheat. Diseases will still spread. Teenage pregnancy will still be frequent. The key is to NOT just preach what would be an ideal situation. The key is to find the most practical solution, considering not everybody is always capable of thinking clearly if faced with sexual needs they don't fully understand yet.

Further, I have had a number of sex partners, and all of them have been girls that as much as I trust them, I would be an idiot to not wear something on the off chance that they have a past that is absolutely not guessable. Now I'm not saying one wears a condom for years with someone. But certainly upon first sexual contact, it is important most of the time to wear one.

95% of people in society don't just meet someone and start having unprotected sex after rings have been exchanged. This isn't the Middle Ages.

scottydabodi
01-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Cathedral, that's some serious shit man... Sounds pretty tough.
Organized Religion shouldn't be allowed to MANIPULATE ANYONE, and that's the bottom line. I am not very religious, nor do I care to be, but religion tries to tell people what to do so it can maintain it's effectiveness... hence POWER. That's pretty much all there is to it. I can appreciate people trying to interpret the stories in the Bible, and trying to lead people to a good life... but to use the Bible to manipulate people's thoughts, and free will is stupid. The basic jist of the Bible is "DON'T BE A DOUCHEBAG". Lead a good life, and don't be an asshole. How's THAT for a religious motto? Maybe I should start my own religion, huh? The HotAsianBroads Religion... Now accepting donations for a new flag...

Rikk
01-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Religion gets very dangerous when certain people start using the scriptures as uncontradictable gospel, no matter what current evidence suggests. Stating that because God preaches abstinence and no sex before marriage and no cheating, condoms should be encouraged...well, that's just sick. That basically leads to the idea that teens should not be encouraged to be safe because those teens that have sex are just going against the bible anyway.

If someone has a moral disposition to not have sex until marriage, good for them. But don't expect everyone else to follow that idea and make moral absolutes because YOU feel that way.

I guess Dave is one of the world's biggest sinners, huh?:D

Ally_Kat
01-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Studies have shown a growing number of people either waiting longer to lose their virginity or waiting until marriage. While not everybody will do that, I don't see the harm if one of the countless groups who preach about this use that angle.

The point I want to stress most though is I don't see why it should be their responsibility to promote something that they don't believe in, both the birth control and indirectly the sex before marriage.

If mad cow spread rapidly and were making us all sick to the point where huge numbers of people were dying, we wouldn't point fingers and criticize the Jews for not supporting an Eat Pork campaign. Even though we could go on tangents on how in Biblical times it was just a precaution cuz eating pork made a lot of people sick, we more or less accept it and don't hassle them too much about it. But for some reason people have a problem with the Catholic Church believing that sex was a gift from God where they can partake in the gift of life.

And it is also not like the Catholic Church is preventing all the other AIDs awareness groups from advertizing the fact that condoms are a good idea if you are going to have sex. School sex programs here throw condoms at you whenever there is a safe sex awareness week, or an AIDS week, or an STD week. With all the education kids get these days about sex and the dangers, they should know to wrap up if they are going to go in. And if a grown man or woman is going to do that, they should know better to go at it unprotected. I'm pretty sure by that age, they know the dangers. And if not, have they been living in a cave for the last 20-25 year?

And who is this message going to be aimed at? Catholics. If Catholic kids aren't phased by breaking a commandment, they aren't going to say, "sweet! score! Wait. Can't want to use a condom -- I'll go to hell." It is also not like the Church is going to go out and say that condoms are evil and tell them to disregard everything they have heard. They will continue to teach what they have been teaching for years -- sex is a gift from God given to mankind. He wants us to share this gift only within the sanctity of marriage. Once one is married, they are bound to their spouse and any sexual relations outside of that union is a sin against God and their wife/husband.

That's Theology class. Then you'll go to Health where you get to see the wonderful STD slideshow and hear how random unprotected sex can ruin you for life.

The best part of Health class was watching all the big talking guys get sick looking at the slides. lol.

Ally_Kat
01-25-2005, 12:08 AM

I guess Dave is one of the world's biggest sinners, huh?:D

But Dave's Jewish -- they don't believe in hell! :p

Rikk
01-25-2005, 12:13 AM

Touche.;)

scorpioboy33
01-25-2005, 12:16 AM

Fuck Ally you must TOTALY be a Republican and a Bush Supporter to...

Let me see also support the war even though 250,000 civs. have died...yet say your Pro Life
.....you clones are so easy to read

Matt White
01-25-2005, 12:19 AM

DAVE's set foot enough times in 5150.........he knows there's a HELL!:D

GOD BLESS y'all!!!

Jesterstar
01-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Cathedral, that's some serious shit man... Sounds pretty tough.
Organized Religion shouldn't be allowed to MANIPULATE ANYONE, and that's the bottom line.

Actually the bottom line is people should beleive what they individually chose to beleive weather they are manipulated or not. Me personally I have no relegeion. But I know Christians and Satanists and Witches and all that bullshit. I'd never tell any of them that they are wrong. They enjoy it and it gives them SOMETHING to beleive in. Noone has the right to take that away from them.

MAX
01-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
Fuck Ally you must TOTALY be a Republican and a Bush Supporter

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. ;) That's myself to the letter. :D

Gmoney
01-25-2005, 07:12 PM
No condoms.....is that just for their molesting priests or the general public??

Rikk
01-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Gmoney
No condoms.....is that just for their molesting priests or the general public??

Obviously the priests can wear condoms!!;)

Dude, I love the avatar!

Ally_Kat
01-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
DAVE's set foot enough times in 5150.........he knows there's a HELL!:D

GOD BLESS y'all!!!

LMAO! It slipped my mind! :D

Ally_Kat
01-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Fuck Ally you must TOTALY be a Republican and a Bush Supporter to...

Let me see also support the war even though 250,000 civs. have died...yet say your Pro Life
.....you clones are so easy to read

I don't get where being a particular faith makes you a certain political party, but yes, I am a registered Republican, I am Pro-Life (although I am completely against bombing abortion clinics. I don't see how it helps at all and find it hypocritial to the viewpoint), and in this last election I did favor Bush from Kerry.

I'd like to know where you got your statistic from because compared to what I found, your numbers are a little inflated. The number I found is minimum 15475 - maximum 17703 from the iraq body count site. The other articles I found on the subject had numbers within that range. And that site included any and all civilian casulties, even if they were conducted by insurgents trying to kill off the new Iraqi police force or conducting random attacks in villages to scare them into not wanting the new lifestyle they have. (meaning: not all of these deaths were at the hands of Americans, but we're suppose to feel as if we pulled the trigger anyway.)

Rikk
01-25-2005, 08:23 PM
I don't get where being a particular faith makes you a certain political party, but yes, I am a registered Republican, I am Pro-Life (although I am completely against bombing abortion clinics. I don't see how it helps at all and find it hypocritial to the viewpoint), and in this last election I did favor Bush from Kerry.

I'd like to know where you got your statistic from because compared to what I found, your numbers are a little inflated. The number I found is minimum 15475 - maximum 17703 from the iraq body count site. The other articles I found on the subject had numbers within that range. And that site included any and all civilian casulties, even if they were conducted by insurgents trying to kill off the new Iraqi police force or conducting random attacks in villages to scare them into not wanting the new lifestyle they have. (meaning: not all of these deaths were at the hands of Americans, but we're suppose to feel as if we pulled the trigger anyway.)

I love numbers like those that are carefully manipulated in order to make people feel better.

The official U.N. number was over 250,000 last I heard.

Yes, official U.N. number.

Was it worth a quarter of a million lives to "free Iraq"?

Ally_Kat
01-25-2005, 09:40 PM
I love numbers like those that are carefully manipulated in order to make people feel better.

Just for the record, the number I got was from an anti-war site.

MAX
01-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Get us OUT of the U.N.

Rikk
01-25-2005, 09:50 PM
If some Americans don't start recognizing the importance of the international community, harder times will sadly follow.

I'm personally scared to death by the latest projection by the scientific community concerning the horrible situation concerning global warming and how following the Kyoto predictions for carbon monoxide emissions would certainly help...but Bush has no interest in pissing off various American corporations. Personally, I find the life needs of my grandchildren more important than staying true to a few rich businessmen.

scottydabodi
01-25-2005, 10:08 PM
The best part of Health class was watching all the big talking guys get sick looking at the slides. lol.

I guess I drink too much, I don't remember school...
Can I ride The Black Widow? Can I ride The Black Widow? Can I ride The Black Widow? Can I ride The Black Widow? Can I ride The Black Widow? Can I ride The Black Widow?

MAX
01-25-2005, 10:14 PM
The friggin' U.N. are the biggest crooks on the planet. Fine, re-organize it for an International Community but the U.N. is a steaming pile of bullshit.

Rikk
01-25-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm not discussing politics with you.

Panamark
01-26-2005, 03:06 AM
The pope fills condoms with water and throws them over the
edge of the vatican when the smoke puff machine breaks down !

Rikk
01-26-2005, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
The pope fills condoms with water and throws them over the
edge of the vatican when the smoke puff machine breaks down !

LMFAO!!:D

scorpioboy33
01-27-2005, 09:53 PM

told yah you were easy to read..haha

scorpioboy33
01-27-2005, 09:54 PM
oh yah ...nice numbers Ally...it is more like 250 k huh......idiot

Ally_Kat
01-28-2005, 02:52 AM
told yah you were easy to read..haha

Some magic trick there, kiddo. I think more than half the people on this board know where I stand politically. Not too hard when you've read me in the Front Line for the last 3 years, now is it?

oh yah ...nice numbers Ally...it is more like 250 k huh......idiot

Is that always the standard answer from you whenever someone finds something contradictory to what you stated and asks what your source was; we're idiots? I'm sorry. I call that being curious.

Like I said, I got the numbers from an anti-war site and the recent articles that I also looked at had similar numbers. I did my research and that was what came up. Obviously, I'm not the only "idiot" with these figures. That's why I asked where you got your numbers from. Thankfully, Rikk was kind enough to mention they were the UN's numbers, so now I know where you got them from.

Rikk
01-28-2005, 03:26 AM
So ALLY, your argument is that an anti-war website will have a more accurate figure than the U.N.? And at least scorpio and myself told you exactly where the source was from. You listed "some article" and an "anti-war website".

Few are denying the Iraqi numbers. And the fact that YOU of all people are trying to cite an anti-war cite's figures considering you discount everything else they say is a little telling.

Few are questioning the numbers of dead. The question is is it morally right. Maybe you need to convince yourself that it's not more than the tsunami dead to make yourself feel better.

I'd love to see how self-righteous you would be if it were 250,000 dead in your New York City. Then you wouldn't be so patient and act as if it were still the right thing to do.

Ally_Kat
01-28-2005, 01:44 PM
So ALLY, your argument is that an anti-war website will have a more accurate figure than the U.N.? And at least scorpio and myself told you exactly where the source was from. You listed "some article" and an "anti-war website".

Few are denying the Iraqi numbers. And the fact that YOU of all people are trying to cite an anti-war cite's figures considering you discount everything else they say is a little telling.

Few are questioning the numbers of dead. The question is is it morally right. Maybe you need to convince yourself that it's not more than the tsunami dead to make yourself feel better.

I'd love to see how self-righteous you would be if it were 250,000 dead in your New York City. Then you wouldn't be so patient and act as if it were still the right thing to do.

Um, no, I think you are reading me wrong.

I hadn't heard the high statistics. I'm not saying that the anti-war site would be more reliable than the UN, but I am surprised they aren't all over the higher statistics and are reporting such a low number. I went to the anti-war site because I figured I would more easily find the figure there. I also named the anti-war site; it's Iraq Body Count. With everything else I have to research, read, and report on, I grabbed the first reputable site I could find after google and recent news articles, which held the same figures. I was honestly asking where the statistics came from. I was not being self-righteous, believe it or not. I'm also used to scorpio being apart of a crew in the front line that quotes tripod and geocities sites as the ultimate news scource. The fact that it was the UN number was farthest from my mind because such a source is not what I am used to with that crew.

And, question, just because I am not against the war means I can't look at and/or agree with something on an anti-war site? Just because I don't agree with them on the big picture doesn't mean that I dismiss them completely as "idiots". Contrary to what many left-sitting people here think of me, I don't just subscribe to one side and then block everything and anything that says something bad about them. That's not healthy.

And whatever happened to you saying that you knew nothing about me and didn't care about anything about me? Now you know enough about me to judge on how I view things and what I types of sites I can or can not use to cite for information?

And scorpio never mentioned where the statistic was from. Only you did and I said "thankfully" when I mentioned that. FYI - I was thanking you. Geez, if thanking you results in this, I'll make a note to never do it again.

Rikk
01-28-2005, 01:55 PM
I was not angry with you. It was simple conversation because of the statistic you listed. Once again, don't read so much into this.

I shouldn't have used the term "self-righteous".

You and I are always crossing swords, and I guess I don't really understand why. Yes, we disagree on many things...that's probably part of it.

Anyway, no worries. I also don't agree with the idea that someone on one side of an argument should just read the literature that comes with that side. That's extremely closed-minded...balancing all information is indeed much healthier.

LadyTudor2711
01-30-2005, 08:00 PM
If having a brain means promoting birth control, it won't happen. The Church doesn't believe in birth control.

This is precisely the problem. These Pro Lifer's do not want people to engage in safe sex and think that abstinence and fidelity will keep you safe and healthy. This is delusional thinking. Very dangerous.

Certain people feel that not teaching young people about the implications of having sex is productive or helpful. It is reckless.

Children and people alike need to understand that choices have consequences. If people are not aware of the dangers they can not mitigate them.

I was raised Catholic, baptized and confirmed, but I do not agree with the church in regard to their position on birth control and safe sex. I am Pro Choice and advocate a woman's right to choose for herself.

The government and the church can keep their red tape and family values out of my uterus.

I am in charge of my reproductive rights not anyone else. If I had children I would tell them the truth, even buy the condoms myself,birth control if I had to.

I would be my duty as a parent to look after my children and keep them as safe as I could. You can't keep them in a box.

People buy their kids bike helmuts to keep them safe? What is the difference. Knowledge is power.

Not hide behind fire and brimstone and all that Jerry Falwell crap. Reaping the whirlwind.. Please... . We are no longer in the stone age, we do not have sex to create more children so they can work the land. A voice from the sky ....

Don't have children if you can not take care of them, not everything is a divine blessing. Sex is natural and is a part of all of our lives, no matter how uncomfortable the subject matter is for some, it is the truth.

Procreation is thought by many to be a right, but indeed it is a privilege. Just like a drivers license or your right to vote. Not everyone is geared to be a mother or father.

There are too many unwanted, unloved children in the world. Why do we need more? Why should we lie to our children and not tell them the risks involved with having sex.

Pregnancy, disease and death. I think those reasons are valid regardless how religious you are. They can all change your life.

HIV/ AIDS and other STD's are here to stay and the rate of infection and unwanted pregnancy in teens is up and continues to rise every year. The worst fear was getting pregnant , now that is the least of anyone's concern.

Kids are going to have sex just like we all did when we were younger, like we all still do, but the one fact remains that safe sex is the only way to go.

If you value life then wear a condom, have some respect and be responsible.

Perhaps not wearing/using a condom will get you closer to God.

I am sure I catch some for this post, so let me have it.

LT

BigBadBrian
01-30-2005, 08:20 PM

The official U.N. number was over 250,000 last I heard.

Yes, official U.N. number.

Was it worth a quarter of a million lives to "free Iraq"?

Yup. :gulp:

Come on over to the Frontline a little more often, fellas.

Dan
01-30-2005, 08:33 PM
I wonder if the Pope has ever Put a condom on before?
No Pope,Not on the carrot.

Dan
01-30-2005, 08:36 PM
BTW..There's a female Condom out there to,so The Guys don't have to worry about that.

academic punk
01-30-2005, 08:37 PM
what is this "condom" you all keep talking about?

Rikk
01-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by LadyTudor2711

Great post, LT.

I'd like to see Ally or others that don't believe in safe sex be truly honest with their satisfaction in seeing their own children suffering from AIDS because they had parents or schools that did not sit them down and talk to them about sex. Jesus Christ...does anyone really think teens get their sexual ideas from health class? Does anyone really think preaching abstinence is going to keep kids away from having sex? Does anyone really think five kids actually practicing abstinence is worth the one kid that didn't know very much about safe sex and ended up ruining his or her life through AIDS or teen pregnancy?

This is the 21st century. Sex before marriage is a reality and the norm.

Seshmeister
01-30-2005, 11:13 PM

That's probably in part true but it also one of the sickest fucking things I've ever read and for you to accept it shows the power of these money grabbing superstitious control freaks when they can indoctrinate people like you.

The percentage of peadiophilic priests compared to the population at large was 1000s of times higher because it was part of the culture and ethos of the organisation for years. If you wanted to fuck a child then you became a priest. Easy access and it was the done thing. People like you would turn a blind eye even if it was done to their own kid.

There's often a shortage of teachers here I bet it's the same in the US. I'm not unusual in thinking I would rather my kid was in a larger class than getting fucked by the teacher and threatened with damnation if they told me about it.

Fuck the catholic church it's a sick evil organistaion and has been for hundreds of years. I'm sure there are a few good apples in the barrel but it's a stinking rancid barrel. It should be made illegal.

Bead rattling terrorists. They're even worse than the protestants or the muslims.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Ally_Kat
01-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
That's probably in part true but it also one of the sickest fucking things I've ever read and for you to accept it shows the power of these money grabbing superstitious control freaks when they can indoctrinate people like you.

I never said I liked it or that it was right.

Ally_Kat
01-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Great post, LT.

I'd like to see Ally or others that don't believe in safe sex be truly honest with their satisfaction in seeing their own children suffering from AIDS because they had parents or schools that did not sit them down and talk to them about sex. Jesus Christ...does anyone really think teens get their sexual ideas from health class? Does anyone really think preaching abstinence is going to keep kids away from having sex? Does anyone really think five kids actually practicing abstinence is worth the one kid that didn't know very much about safe sex and ended up ruining his or her life through AIDS or teen pregnancy?

This is the 21st century. Sex before marriage is a reality and the norm.

You make it sound as if I want to deny everyone a condom! :p

I would be upset if any of my children ever contracted AIDS, but I woudl also realize that it was a consequence of their own actions. I fully plan on teaching my kids about the dangers of unprotected sex. I also fully plan on teaching them about what the faith says about pre-marital sex and the stance on birth control. And I will also make it fully clear that if they are going to go around and have casual sex, that it is important to protect themselves because of the dangers that I have taught them. What they do from there -- having sex, using or not using protection -- is their choice and road in life. I would hope that I would have drilled everything into their heads for them to make the best choices for themselves and others.

I never got a sex talk from my parents. Sex was a taboo subject with my mother, and still is. Yet, by the time I was 12, I knew my stuff about the different diseases, symptoms, the different ways besides sex that you could contract them, and all that. And that was in a Catholic elementary school. Then when I went onto high school, an indepth Biology class and a very descriptive Health class went into even further detail. So there's at least one teen in this world who got her sexual ideas from Health class. If I did not believe in what I do believe and was running around wild, I would be having the only safest sex.

In today's world, you will rarely find a school that does not teach about sex and the diseases one can catch with unprotected sex. Parents maybe, but kids get a lot of sex education at school. And even with free condoms!

Ally_Kat
01-31-2005, 01:43 AM
This is precisely the problem. These Pro Lifer's do not want people to engage in safe sex and think that abstinence and fidelity will keep you safe and healthy. This is delusional thinking. Very dangerous.

I think it is unfair to group all Pro-Lifer's with that viewpoint. Not every Pro-Lifer is of a Catholic belief on birth control. Hell, not all Pro-Lifer's are Catholic.

Certain people feel that not teaching young people about the implications of having sex is productive or helpful. It is reckless.

Who? Who are these certain people? My generation and those following have had the most sex education ever taught. The only way teenagers today do not get the information is if they do not pay attention to when it is being taught or brush it aside. I have gone to all religious instituations for my education and each and every one of them taught us about the diseases and how to prevent them and what to do if you contracted them.

Children and people alike need to understand that choices have consequences. If people are not aware of the dangers they can not mitigate them.

Why is it always that they are not educated? And why is it that it is always someone else's fault as to why people are having unprotected sex? Why can't there be a personal responsibility? Remember being a teenager? I'm sure everyone here has at least one stupid thing they remember doing. And at the time of doing said stupid thing(s), they never thought of the danger or, if they did, cared. It's that invincibility spirit that comes across each and everyone of us at some point and time in our life. Teenagers are most guilty of this behavior. It's not that they aren't educated in what AIDS is or how bad herpes really is and how there isn't a cure for either. No. It's the "it'll never happen to me so why bother" attitude. That's what ya need to scare into them -- that it can and will happen to them if they keep up their current attitude and practice. Sex education is available every where you look. There's classes in schools, lectures, books, call-in radio shows, call-in television shows, website after website. There are organizations made specifically to get the word out. People need to think of their consequences more. And of all the bad things everyone here could say of it, I learned to take responsibility for what I decided to do and not to cast blame to others from my faith. And I hope that with that and good, informative parenting that I can do the same for my kids.

unwanted pregnancy in teens is up and continues to rise every year. The worst fear was getting pregnant , now that is the least of anyone's concern.

Whaa? Last I hear, teen pregnancy was at an all-time low and has been on a steady decline since the 90s -- http://www.teenpregnancy.org/resources/data/prates.asp

I may be interpreting you wrong, but it comes across that you think I will contract something deadly and thus go to meet my maker. No, not me. I don't run off wild. And I'm glad I didn't. I don't have some horror story attached to my teenage life and/or sex life like most of my friends do. I never sat in chemistry and wondered why my period was late and if I would be able to finish school. I never had to go get bloodwork done after having random sex at some party. I never got used for sex like they did and I never acted like a hypocrite by claiming one thing about Abortion and then running to have one after I got knocked up by someone I didn't even know.

Does it get me closer to God in a spiritual sense? No, I can't say the idea does. But I can say it flows with belief about God being infallible. I don't think He makes a mistake, and for me, personally, to take some pills to prevent myself to ovulate, or taking a morning after pill, or even having an abortion gives the impression that He does. I am an adult; I am an informed adult. I never said I would ever withold information about safe sex from anyone. I know the path I took is not the easiest out there or the one most traveled. I've had one friend I know tell me I was stupid for waiting and how I would regret it. But good things come to those who wait and what I have was definately worth it and I don't regret a minute of it. If I had to live it all over again, I would. I definately would.

LadyTudor2711
01-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Dear Ally Kat:

I am not here to debate you point for point, but I have my views just like you.

Pro-Lifer's no matter what their beliefs have no right to try and force others to fit into their divine criteria.

And when we don't, we become sinners or less worthy of God's love? That is a load of crap. I thought it was God' duty to judge us, not each other?

I am an advocate for abortion, safe sex, condoms, femmedoms, BCP, vasectomy, tubal ligation, IUD, sponges, foam, whatever the method. These precautions need to be available to everyone who wants to utilize them.

If people, young people especially; knew about these options, maybe there would be less instances of STD, Aids and pregnancy. Most people feel that it will never happen to me.

I know that there are many avenues of information that are disseminated via the internet, etc. Maybe instilling fear in kids is the best way, show them what these disease look like and how contracting them will impact their lives.

Thanks for posting your stats, but numbers are numbers. These statistics do not prove that abstinence and fidelity in practice work to stop the infection of disease or unwanted pregnancy. Maybe it is down because people are using condoms.....

I do not doubt that you are a good parent, and I am not faulting you for having faith in God. I am also a believer, my system is just different. It just seems so ridiculous that we as a society still have people that are so naieve.

What would anyone of these Lifer's do if their 15 year old daughter was pregnant? That would be life altering. What would the parish think of a an unmarried, pregnant girl?

Would you then have the birds and the bees conversation, or push her down the stairs? If you had just been informed about your options, perhaps that could be a situation which could be avoided. Cause=effect.

My grandfathers mother, Magdalena, was the first mid-wife in Illinois to perform abortions. Women had no where to go, but a dark alley and rusty knitting needles. We can never go back to thos days.

It does not make sense, don't use condoms, have sex only with your spouse for procreation purposes, maintain fildelity and that will keep you safe? Kids can't possibly understand that. Adults can't even follow along.

These are the same people who don't want you to have sex, but if you become pregnant, you must have it. They will even kill to prove their point, so much for the sanctity of life? Isn't muder a sin?

What if you don't want children? Like I said not every child is a blessing. Some of them are horrible, ignorant and will never amount to anything. People need to consider the gene pool in which they choose to swim.

Just look around at the adults in this world, they were once children. There are so many losers out there, I trip over a few every day. Mindless idiots that take up space and contribute nothing.

Magdelena was a mid-wife for many and was instrumental in keeping women safe and recognizing that unwanted pregnancy was a problem. Women had even less options then. Women were supposed to be barefoot and pregnant, even if they did not want to be.

She kept a diary in 5 languages and was finally prosecuted in the late 50's. During her incarceration she refused to reveal her patients and their families. A number of people petitioned the govenor for clemency but she died before the govenor could grant it.

Magdalena was in her late 60's by this time and died in the woman's infirmary from a prolonged illness. She gave up her freedom to keep her patients identity safe, which allowed them to go on with their lives. All she had to do was tell the court her patients, she refused.

I have always admired her even though I never knew her. She was very beautiful, long silver gray hair and big blue eyes. I was told that she was very well respected and the nurses used to brush her hair and sing to her while she was in her coma.

I do not have an absolute answer, but I know how I want to live and what I believe. To each his own as long as it does not interfere with my life.

You points are as valid as mine, thanks for your rebuttal.

Best,

LT

Rikk
01-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Why is it always that they are not educated? And why is it that it is always someone else's fault as to why people are having unprotected sex? Why can't there be a personal responsibility? Remember being a teenager? I'm sure everyone here has at least one stupid thing they remember doing. And at the time of doing said stupid thing(s), they never thought of the danger or, if they did, cared. It's that invincibility spirit that comes across each and everyone of us at some point and time in our life. Teenagers are most guilty of this behavior.

Do teens still need parenting?? Fuck yes. They are not adults yet. Those teenagers that aren't given guidance at home (and at school) will not necessary make good decisions...even if they sat in one fucking AIDS class.

It starts at home. If Daddy is telling his kids they'll be sinners deserving punishment if they have sex, he's just avoiding the real conversation telling them how to practice safe sex.

So you avoided any worries concerning sex as a teenager? Good for you. Most people I knew were relatively smart about it. I've been mostly smart about it too. I also drive my car...fully aware that I'll have the occasional stress concerning a close call or even minor collision (or even the worry of a major collision or death), yet I still drive the car and it allows me to more greatly enjoy my life.

Ally_Kat
01-31-2005, 05:09 PM

And when we don't, we become sinners or less worthy of God's love? That is a load of crap. I thought it was God' duty to judge us, not each other?

Ah, God. I thought it was also His duty to say when each of our times were up, too. But not for abortion, obviously. There, rape aside, women who don't want to take responsibility for their actions get to say when and where.

Thanks for posting your stats, but numbers are numbers. These statistics do not prove that abstinence and fidelity in practice work to stop the infection of disease or unwanted pregnancy. Maybe it is down because people are using condoms.....

Please point to where I said that the decline was directly because of people using the abstinence and fidelity route? I remember saying that my path was on hardly traveled. Actually, it's been documented that teenage pregnancies are down because more girls are on the pill. While that can be seen as a good thing, STDs are rising because they think just being on the pill is okay since they won't get knocked up. That's why I never agreed with just handing high school girls the pill. They misuse the concept of it. They think it gives them a free pass.

What would anyone of these Lifer's do if their 15 year old daughter was pregnant? That would be life altering. What would the parish think of a an unmarried, pregnant girl?

Would you then have the birds and the bees conversation, or push her down the stairs? If you had just been informed about your options, perhaps that could be a situation which could be avoided. Cause=effect.

I highly doubt they would send their daughter off to do something they view as wrong. If my 15-year-old daughter ever came home with the news she was pregnant, I would first ask if the father plans on being in the child's life. I would then assure her I would help her/them out so that she could finish school, and I would. If she wanted to go on to some form of higher education, we would work that out, too.

I dunno what kind of parishes you go to, but I know mine welcomed my cousin's child with open arms. The baby got baptized and all. And she's not the only one. An institution that believes God is the creator of all life would rather welcome the birth of a child outside of wedlock than celebrate the keeping of one's reputation thru murder (or what they view as it). The sin of their parents is not the sin of that child.

It does not make sense, don't use condoms, have sex only with your spouse for procreation purposes, maintain fildelity and that will keep you safe? Kids can't possibly understand that. Adults can't even follow along.

What people need to realize first and foremost is that sex is an act for reproduction. I always laugh when someone thinks they are all ready for sex and then act surprised that they got pregnant. Too much in today's world we associate sex only with pleasure and selfish reasons. I'm not saying that we should follow or promote having sex ONLY for reproduction, but we need to reinstall that fact of reproduction. Sex is not only for fun.

These are the same people who don't want you to have sex, but if you become pregnant, you must have it. They will even kill to prove their point, so much for the sanctity of life? Isn't muder a sin?

I have stated how I do not approve and think less of people who bomb the abortion clinics, and, if you go up to many of those who are pro-life, you will see that they too don't approve of such means.

Yes, murder is a sin. That's why I don't support abortion and that why I don't advocate those who bomb those clinics.

What if you don't want children? Like I said not every child is a blessing. Some of them are horrible, ignorant and will never amount to anything. People need to consider the gene pool in which they choose to swim.

Just look around at the adults in this world, they were once children. There are so many losers out there, I trip over a few every day. Mindless idiots that take up space and contribute nothing.

Well, look at child-raising now-a-days. Hitting your kid on the ass after they did something they weren't suppose to has people rising in arms crying child abuse, even if you are the most loving parenting in the world. We give children "time outs." WTF? That doesn't teach them anything. Want to talk about cause and effect? You do what I've told you three times not to do, and I'm going to slap your bum and remind you that I told you NOT to do that. Go ahead and cry. You're not going to get any sympathy from me. And Lord help you if you continue doing what i told you not to. I'll be telling your father.

And then on the reverse side, you have those parents who spoil their kids. Buy them everything and anything they want. I have a couple of parents like that in my family and they can barely control their kids. And the kids don't listen to them. Why should they? In their mind, tehy are in control, not the parents.

I do not have an absolute answer, but I know how I want to live and what I believe. To each his own as long as it does not interfere with my life.

I don't have an absolute answer, either, but I also know how I want to live and what I believe in. I am just glad that I realize my actions have consequences and that they include other people besides myself. If more people did realize that, then I think the world woudl be a lil better place.

Ally_Kat
01-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Do teens still need parenting?? Fuck yes. They are not adults yet. Those teenagers that aren't given guidance at home (and at school) will not necessary make good decisions...even if they sat in one fucking AIDS class.

It starts at home. If Daddy is telling his kids they'll be sinners deserving punishment if they have sex, he's just avoiding the real conversation telling them how to practice safe sex.

So you avoided any worries concerning sex as a teenager? Good for you. Most people I knew were relatively smart about it. I've been mostly smart about it too. I also drive my car...fully aware that I'll have the occasional stress concerning a close call or even minor collision (or even the worry of a major collision or death), yet I still drive the car and it allows me to more greatly enjoy my life.

And what about the kids, that even with parents who sit them down and talk to them, won't listen and don't care? Everyone knows at least one person like that. It's not that they are stupid in telligence-wise; they just don't care.

Sometimes it is because people are uneducated, sometimes it's because they didn't have a talk with their parents. But sometimes, just sometimes, it's their own damn fault. They've had the education, they've had the parental talk, and yet they still do it.

For example, you can have classes and see commercials that say smoking is bad for you. Your parents can sit down and say how smoking is bad for you. But you still decide to smoke. Works the same with drugs and safe sex.

Every case is not the fault of education or parents. Sometimes it's the person.

Rikk
01-31-2005, 06:08 PM
No shit, Ally. But confusing teens and preaching about centuries-old values when most normal teens will have some form of sexual experience...it's just insane.

Sex is an act of reproduction...sure. Whatever. It is also an act of love, an act of pleasure, something to do on a Friday night. Not everybody lives in your hardcore Christian universe, Ally. Sex is normal. Most humans live normal lives NOT treating sex as an act of reproduction. I've enjoyed having sex with many women I've had no intention of raising a child with.

Just because you're lived a sheltered existence, recently lost your virginity and think you've found the only person you'll ever need, don't act as if you know what values the rest of the world should be preaching.

Ally_Kat
01-31-2005, 11:43 PM
No shit, Ally. But confusing teens and preaching about centuries-old values when most normal teens will have some form of sexual experience...it's just insane.

Sex is an act of reproduction...sure. Whatever. It is also an act of love, an act of pleasure, something to do on a Friday night. Not everybody lives in your hardcore Christian universe, Ally. Sex is normal. Most humans live normal lives NOT treating sex as an act of reproduction. I've enjoyed having sex with many women I've had no intention of raising a child with.

Just because you're lived a sheltered existence, recently lost your virginity and think you've found the only person you'll ever need, don't act as if you know what values the rest of the world should be preaching.

See Rikk, you just brushed aside what I was trying to say and teenagers brush it even worse. How many pregnant teenagers have you dealt with? All I ever hear from half of them is "I never thought I could end up pregnant." I'm just saying they need a reality check. What is hardcore Christian about saying that teenagers who are going to go out and have sex need to refocus their views on sex from what Hollywood shows them and from what happens in the real world? They need to realize that it's not all fun and games. Yeah, it might be something to do on Friday night, but it has a more serious side than that and if they are going to play the game, they need to be serious about it protection-wise. I don't see anything hardcore Christian about that.

And what does 'sheltered' mean to you? Just because I knew better than to go out and shoot up or spread my legs to any cute guy I wanted without regard to protection like the kids I knew doesn't mean I haven't seen my fair share of the dark side of life. There's a difference between sheltered and smart.

I still want to know whatever happened to you saying that you knew nothing about me and didn't care about anything about me? Because now you know exactly how I lived and what I have and have not done in my life because of a couple of opinions I've expressed. Tell me Rikk, what else have or have I not done? My enquiring mind wants to know! I love finding out shit that I've done.

And now I'm preaching? What was that phrase you told me a couple of pages ago -- expressing my own opinions and everything? So what, only you can do that? I have my own opinions and everything, too, and I get a chance to express them. Just because I have faith in something you don't doesn't mean I'm preaching.

Rikk
01-31-2005, 11:54 PM
ALLY, ALLY, ALLY...

So touchy.

Reality check: teenagers don't look at each other and start making out or having sex because they see it on T.V. They don't watch a Hollywood movie and say to themselves: "Hillary Duff is screwing...I should be too." They have a natural inclination that develops at a certain age. Blaming Hollywood, blaming the kids or blaming schools or sex ed. is not the answer. The only answer is good parenting...and good parenting is parenting by talking to your kids with respect. "Honey, if you're going to have sex sometime in life, make sure you're safe about it. Let's talk about pregnancy, let's talk about AIDS, let's talk about herpes."

That is the norm...not the Hollywood-ized exception.

I don't research your life. I know little about you. I don't care to either. I've read because in your own posts that you met someone on the internet, that you are getting married, that this is the first person you've slept with (or are going to sleep with...you don't care to elaborate, it's okay). I don't advertise almost anything about my private life at this site. And I don't criticize anyone that does. But if you do, your life inadvertantly becomes part of the debate you may be involved in.

I think I care less about you than you care about me. You seem to freak out when I disagree with you. Now either it's me you have this problem with or you do this with everyone. Just because I don't agree with your arguments means it's a personal attack on you or your life, Ally.

You've had a problem with me in the past and made little attempts, according to some not-so-nice people here. If that's true, I could give a fuck. If it isn't true, I could give a fuck. I don't care and simply enjoy debating.

So don't take everything so personally. I am, however, pretty passionate about this debate because I see enough fucked up kids where I work because the parents feel that the kids should have been sheltered from certain information instead of educated properly. Education exists not just in schools but in the home, and the home is still the greatest influencing factor in a child's life. And as long as some parents still take the attitude that sexual feelings are absorbed and not instinctual, and as long as some parents (mainly in North America) take the attitude that sex is wrong or evil when not a marital affair, kids will be suffering from parental hypocrisy.

scottydabodi
02-01-2005, 12:05 AM
I've enjoyed having sex with many women I've had no intention of raising a child with.

Shit, rock on RIKK!!! I think that says it all!

scottydabodi
02-01-2005, 12:08 AM
...like the kids I knew doesn't mean I haven't seen my fair share of the dark side of life...

Come to the Dark Side and your destiny will be COMPLETE...

Rikk
02-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Shit, rock on RIKK!!! I think that says it all!

Thanks bro.;)

Ally_Kat
02-02-2005, 12:18 AM
ALLY, ALLY, ALLY...

So touchy.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Reality check: teenagers don't look at each other and start making out or having sex because they see it on T.V. They don't watch a Hollywood movie and say to themselves: "Hillary Duff is screwing...I should be too." They have a natural inclination that develops at a certain age. Blaming Hollywood, blaming the kids or blaming schools or sex ed. is not the answer. The only answer is good parenting...and good parenting is parenting by talking to your kids with respect. "Honey, if you're going to have sex sometime in life, make sure you're safe about it. Let's talk about pregnancy, let's talk about AIDS, let's talk about herpes."

That is the norm...not the Hollywood-ized exception.

You did't get what I was saying. No, they aren't going to look on tv and say that Hilary Duff is screwing and so should they. But they do see how it is treated on tv. And they mimic it. Only on the "very special episode"s do you see something from reality like someone contracting AIDS or getting pregnant actually happening to one of those character teenagers. I never said blame Hollywood entirely. The kids themselves need to realize that that is a tv show and what they do in life is real. Not everything has a happy ending and goes away in 30-60 mins.

I don't research your life. I know little about you. I don't care to either. I've read because in your own posts that you met someone on the internet, that you are getting married, that this is the first person you've slept with (or are going to sleep with...you don't care to elaborate, it's okay). I don't advertise almost anything about my private life at this site. And I don't criticize anyone that does.
[B]But if you do, your life inadvertantly becomes part of the debate you may be involved in.

I didn't advertise my relationship. I actually kept it under wraps for a looong time. Funkymonkey found out and decided to advertise it because, apparently, two people from this site getting together is a big thing. He is the one who bumped it up twice and announced who it was. What was I suppose to do after everyone found out and starting congratulating me? Tell them to fuck off? Go on and ignore that it is going on?

But if you do, your life inadvertantly becomes part of the debate you may be involved in.

And I love how someone who tells me that I always take things too personal MAKES things personal by putting someone's life into a debate. Classic. :D

I think I care less about you than you care about me. You seem to freak out when I disagree with you. Now either it's me you have this problem with or you do this with everyone. Just because I don't agree with your arguments means it's a personal attack on you or your life, Ally.

You want to talk about freaking out? I mention ANYTHING that might be indirectly involved to a situation that is connected to a situation that you took part in and you freak out and start posting away at me and how I take things too personal and blah, blah, blah. If anyone here takes anything personal, it's you. HOW many times and how many people had to tell you to calm down about the Sheep Pen being moved? I believe it was more than your 4 friends who PMed you how I was a huge bitch. Me taking things personal? Who's the one in the beginning when I said something to piss you off that if I stayed away from you, you wouldn't have to go after me? You make these lists of people you have problems with and then they face the wrath of you. And I take things personal. LMAO! In all of my years of being online, of being at this site, of participating in various message boards and debates on them, you are the ONLY person to ever tell me that I take things too personal and that I "freak out and act all important half the time." I don't treat you any different than anyone else I've ever talked to online. I say my opinion in one thread and I'm fully capable of joking around in the next thread with the same person. But everytime I post anything in a thread you participate in, could be just saying something or could be responding to you, you go and act as if I am approaching it all pissed off. You read me wrong half the time. How do I know? I have to go re-approach what I'm getting at because you find issue with something I said that we were in agreement on in the first place or you come from something out of left field that has nothing to do with anything I said!

You've had a problem with me in the past and made little attempts, according to some not-so-nice people here. If that's true, I could give a fuck. If it isn't true, I could give a fuck. I don't care and simply enjoy debating.

I'm starting to not believe that. The whole mod leak and jumping to blame Ally thing comes to mind, and publically too, but whatever. Not to mention trying to get you and Max in trouble, and that you mentioned to me recently.

So don't take everything so personally.

I don't. Who do you see as the person taking it personally --

a) the girl who reads a thread, types up a response, goes on to the next thread and sometimes the next website, or anythign else she's doing at the time

or

b) the guy who brings in personal info, PMs sometimes to demean while doing it within a thread, and throws around that he has high level friends

Hmm...

But whatever. In your world, I'm taking this too personally, which again I find funny when you said you collect personal info and use them in debates, and your four friends will jump to agree with you. I wish the 5 of you fun as you all group to talk about me once again in Pm sessions and/or AIM. And don't bother PMing me like you do half the time it gets like this. You know all I'm going to do is sit and laugh as I read it and not respond. And have fun talking bad about me for the rest of the thread, too.

BTW, I would seek some help about this whole thinking I take you personal in every thread thing. I really think it's starting to become problematic ;)

Rikk
02-02-2005, 12:41 AM
I don't remember the last time I ever PM'd anyone anything that had a thing to do with you. You don't occupy my time here at all. I'm not even aware that you're here most of the time. Seriously. You are more boring than an Osmonds reunion concert. I don't know what you're posting about half the time. And modding? Since when?

I don't spend any time talking to anybody about you. You're no threat. You're a little kid that freaks out whenever anyone disagrees with you. Look at your fucking super-ramble above. I couldn't even get through much more than half of it.

And I love these "In all my years of message boards" blah blah bullshit statements. Again, I could give a fuck.

And don't tell me about my four friends. I have way more friends here than you do, Miss Kat. I don't go after you. I know plenty of shit you've said about me in the past. I know how much I've oh-so-bothered you in the past. And again, I could give a fuck.:)

As for your kids-imitating-T.V. drivel...do you realize that kids are influenced by their parents more than anything else? Their peers come second. Then their teachers. Then the damned television or internet. And have you ever watched a T.V. drama in which teenagers have sex? 90210? Dawson's Asscrack? Jesus, half the time someone ends up with AIDS or pregnant to increase the drama. How many teen dramas have normal sex with happy consequences? None. Enough blaming the T.V. and popular culture for the fact that everyone else has no problem having sex but you do.

People finding out your life? Jesus, you're the one that announced half of this shit and posted your own picture. No one has held it against you.

Every month or so, I get into some debate with you. You then freak out that I'm attacking you and then bring up me having some conspiracy against you with my...LOL..."four friends". Sorry. You matter little to me. I'm not even aware that you're here half the time. So don't flatter yourself...uh...Ally.

What's the matter...think I'm mean?? Well, big fucking deal.

Grow up, you little child, and accept that I will not fucking agree with you. You once told me to not disrespect your mod status when I disagreed with you. It was then that I declared to myself: "Wow, what a cunt." And I will not change my mind on that. I can debate normally with you still. But if you get all huffy and puffy with me, little kid, I will remember quite quickly that you're a 21-year-old that knows little about the world, thinks sex should not come before marriage, thinks being a mod makes her somehow higher than some of our best posters here (there are plenty of posters here that matter a lot more than fucking you and they are not mods) and has a major fucking temper.

Have a nice day.:)

ALinChainz
02-02-2005, 12:44 AM
Cunt?

That ain't debate or cool.

Rikk
02-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Cunt?

That ain't debate or cool.

It's beyond debate with us.

She's always fucking with me, attacking me, freaking out, etc.

If I don't like someone, I express. I'm not going after her. She can do what she wants. But she's said enough shit about me that I'm entitled to say what I want about her.

Ally_Kat
02-02-2005, 12:57 AM

You then freak out that I'm attacking you and then bring up me having some conspiracy against you with my...LOL..."four friends". Sorry. You matter little to me. I'm not even aware that you're here half the time. So don't flatter yourself...uh...Ally.

For someone who isn't aware that I'm here, you sure did jump to this post quick enough. ;)

And no, this is the first time I've mentioned your four friends, since you were so nice to tell me about them in PM.

Rikk
02-02-2005, 12:59 AM
LOL. Did that say my only four friends? You want to post PMs? Blah blah blah.

Quit your rambling. Jesus, what the fuck are you fighting about now? Are you angry at me because I don't like you or see you as something special? I mean it. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? I am allowed to disagree with you. That doesn't mean I'm after you. I don't think about you.

You are nothing. Christ, you think you're special when most of the posters at this site and every mod except you and LOU thinks they owe it to SARGE to donate something.

Once more: get over yourself.

I don't hate you. I just don't see anything special about you.

MAX
02-02-2005, 01:12 AM
Man, Oh man Ally!!!!

Rikk is hardly being "sanctimonious" here. I'm a fellow Repub and Christian. Chill out and quit being so friggin' defensive for goodness sakes. You SHOULD donate as a mod IMO but tis completely up to to you.

Seriously, what's ten or twenty bones and I donated a heck of a lot more than that? Judas Priest, what's the big deal?

Ally_Kat
02-02-2005, 01:16 AM
I don't think I'm special at all. Obviously you do when you jump at my posts. Hell, you did that one post at midnight the other day and I just got around to answering to it now and BAM! Here you are.

I don't think I am anybody. Who's the one talking about damn right they have friends in high places and having to talk to the uppers again about banning someone.

I talked to Mezro and I don't feel the need to validate to you about my donation. Maybe your "higher up" friends can scrap up some information for you.

And you want to know something Rikk, I'm allowed to disagree with you, too. Somehow, though, when I do it, I'm taking things personally. Everytime, I'm taking something personally. In every thread where you and me both post, it somehow comes down that I'm taking something personally. Yeah, okay.

And what four-letter words have I used with you? I sure can make a list of what I have received from you.

MAX
02-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Judas Priest!!!

WRONG AGAIN!!!

Age I guess?

Rikk
02-02-2005, 01:21 AM
I don't think I'm special at all. Obviously you do when you jump at my posts. Hell, you did that one post at midnight the other day and I just got around to answering to it now and BAM! Here you are.

I don't think I am anybody. Who's the one talking about damn right they have friends in high places and having to talk to the uppers again about banning someone.

I talked to Mezro and I don't feel the need to validate to you about my donation. Maybe your "higher up" friends can scrap up some information for you.

And you want to know something Rikk, I'm allowed to disagree with you, too. Somehow, though, when I do it, I'm taking things personally. Everytime, I'm taking something personally. In every thread where you and me both post, it somehow comes down that I'm taking something personally. Yeah, okay.

And what four-letter words have I used with you? I sure can make a list of what I have received from you.

Ally, Ally, Ally...you seem to think I'm insulting you when I disagree with you. And believe me, I'm not.

I don't brag about high-up friends. I don't brag about anything. But if you think I come across as all-important, that's fine. This is a message board. The only place I consider myself important is with my friends, my family or when I'm working with kids.

You are the very person that freaked out on me because I disagreed wtih you once, saying:

Are you questioning my mod status?

This was a normal debate like any other. Before that, you were attacking me because I was fighting with FAB.

I've seen snide comments all over the place. I'm almost sure I've also seen four-letter words. That said, I feel no shame in using one. You just posted a PM in which I stated that four people PMd me and then made some sort of conclusion that I was stating I have "four friends". I mean...how moronic is that? I have never posted one of your PMs ever.

If you want to remind yourself of why we're "disagreeing" again, go read that LONG ramble up there where you talk about mod leaks, the SHEEP PEN and my high-and-mighty status because I don't agree with your take on pregnancy.

Ally_Kat
02-02-2005, 01:28 AM

If you want to remind yourself of why we're "disagreeing" again, go read that LONG ramble up there where you talk about mod leaks, the SHEEP PEN and my high-and-mighty status because I don't agree with your take on pregnancy.

It started about pregnancy, but it shifted after your post when you gathered up what little you read about me in posts and used it against me. I thought past info was open to debates? If not, why was it used against me?

Rikk
02-02-2005, 02:01 AM
It started about pregnancy, but it shifted after your post when you gathered up what little you read about me in posts and used it against me. I thought past info was open to debates? If not, why was it used against me?

I never gathered anything. How did I use it against you? By bringing it up as an example? You've brought up your personal life many a time and, frankly, I don't see anything wrong with your personal life. I'm not looking down upon any of it. So, if you think I'm "gathering" anything...again...turn off the sensitivity switch.:)

Ally_Kat
02-02-2005, 02:04 AM
Are you questioning my mod status?

Can I get a link to that cuz when I search "questioning" with my name, I don't find that. I find. The only person who says that phrase is you.

Ally_Kat
02-02-2005, 02:07 AM
How did I use it against you? By bringing it up as an example?

No, it wasn't an example. You were using it to discredit my position in the debate.

Rikk
02-02-2005, 02:15 AM
ALLY, are you sick? Do you need help?

Lemme let you in on a little secret:
Disagreeing with a mod doesn't mean you're preventing a mod from doing his or her job. Further, a mod is not someone that jumps into a personal fight and takes sides. A mod jumps in and says: "Shut the fuck up, both of you."

I have never stopped you from doing your job. You're paranoid. Look at your posts. I have never jumped into some thread where you "moderated" and said: "You'd better not be doing that, ALLY." Once you expressed your opinion concerning the fight with FAB, and I disagreed with you. And frankly, knowing your past in that you got involved with CHELLE and FAB against me and MAX, I think you have yourself to blame for not being an authority figure in that one instance.

I will disagree with anyone here. ANYONE. If someone says something I don't agree with, I will say, "I don't agree." That doesn't mean I'm preventing that person from doing his or her job.

Get over it. Get over yourself. We disagreed on this pre-marital sex/condoms/pope issue. You freaked out on me...again and again. Quit playing the victim. It doesn't work with me. If it works with other people, fine. But in future, if you have personal problems with me, PM them to me. I've tried that with you in the past. Sometimes I've received no reply. Tonight I saw a PM of mine posted. In future, I will avoid PMing you and either keep something to myself or post it publicly because it'll probably end up there anyway. I don't know many mods that do that.

Furthermore, and sorry if I come across as a real dick here...
I can't really respect any mod that tells me why she has a real reason to NOT donate a lousy $10 to help SARGE with this site that gives you all this "power". I think it kinda sucks. Take that for what it's worth. It's not an insult...it's just my opinion.

Yes, I know...you have a real angry reply coming now.

Rikk
02-02-2005, 02:16 AM
No, it wasn't an example. You were using it to discredit my position in the debate.

Jesus...I guess people shouldn't debate with you then. No problem. From now on, I will disagree with your opinions in my mind because you're not mature enough for me to say publicly that I disagree with your opinion.

To repeat that: sorry if I feel you don't have any right to justify saying who in the human race can have sex considering you don't really have the life experience to back it up. Just my opinion. Didn't realize I was preventing you from "doing your job".:)

MAX
02-02-2005, 02:17 AM
Horse Hockey Ally!!!

I like you in a lot of capacities. This debate is just dumb. Buck up a twenty and shut 'em up. Jesus Roth's!!!

Matzo Ball soup for the rest of us!!!

Right?????????????

Cheers!!!

:gulp:

Rikk
02-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Matzo Ball soup for the rest of us!!!

Make mine wonton.:)

MAX
02-02-2005, 02:25 AM
Noodles too?

Rikk
02-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Noodles too?

Wontons are noodles, buttbreath.

MAX
02-02-2005, 02:28 AM
LMAO!!!

You KNOW ME!!!!

I'm a friggin' Dick?

Nothing wrong with that? ;)

ashstralia
02-02-2005, 03:03 AM
this is fucking stupid.

Rikk
02-02-2005, 03:07 AM
I agree.

ashstralia
02-02-2005, 03:34 AM
i mean, seriously, is it necessary
for us to get all riled up about
an old fella who's about to cark it anyway???

and rikk, methinks it uncool to refer
to ANY woman using the c- word.

now, shall we ROTH ON????

i'm crankin fair warning.

p.s...... i'll donate when i'm fucking good and ready.

Rikk
02-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
and rikk, methinks it uncool to refer
to ANY woman using the c- word.

Frankly, I agree that it's extreme. But this is one case in which I won't take it back.

Anyway, how you been, Ash?:)

ashstralia
02-02-2005, 03:55 AM
good, thanx rikk.
thank you for asking.
i trust all's well up there.
we've had a fuckin hot summer, tho,
many days of 35+ deg c.
ya get used to it.
3 cold showers a day does the trick.

now, could you and ally at least
agree to disagree, and apologise
to each other?

opinions, remember, are like
arseholes.
everyone has one, and theirs
always smells worse than yours.

Rikk
02-02-2005, 04:02 AM
good, thanx rikk.
thank you for asking.
i trust all's well up there.
we've had a fuckin hot summer, tho,
many days of 35+ deg c.
ya get used to it.
3 cold showers a day does the trick.

now, could you and ally at least
agree to disagree, and apologise
to each other?

opinions, remember, are like
arseholes.
everyone has one, and theirs
always smells worse than yours.

Freezing up here right now. And that's just how I like it. The air conditioning doesn't work in the car, but the heater does. So in winter I have more control. And the comfort of my car rides makes half the difference...:)

I have no real problem with ALLY. I just don't like her. It's as simple as that. I don't dislike her. I just don't like her. She's done so much crap to me since I came here and I just don't care to put on a fake face anymore. I think her opinion is stupid and demeaning to young people. She's allowed that opinion. That's what makes it debate. It didn't become ugly until she thought it was personal...which it wasn't. At least for me.

If I come off as abrasive, I understand. But I guess I just believe in honesty. She posted a personal PM. She brought up a two-month old SHEEP PEN question. She tried to count how many friends I have here through some stupid PM. She made untrue accusations. And in the end, it doesn't matter. The only thing it proves is that she can certainly make it clear that she wants to spar a bit, and that's cool.

I guess I feel that ALLY and I should quit pretending we like each other. But it doesn't mean it will necessarily stay ugly.

ashstralia
02-02-2005, 04:21 AM
I don't dislike her. I just don't like her.

uh, okay.
i'm not gonna get involved, beyond what
i've already stated.

it's really none of my concern.

on a lighter note, my treadly
('aussie' = pushbike, bicycle: noun)
needs no air conditioning. :D

Rikk
02-02-2005, 04:53 AM
on a lighter note, my treadly
('aussie' = pushbike, bicycle: noun)
needs no air conditioning. :D

When you got the wind flowing through your air and the smell of the sea (I don't know if you get the smell of the sea...I get the smell of the lake), you don't need no stinkin' air conditioning.

Ally_Kat
02-02-2005, 02:51 PM

I have never stopped you from doing your job. You're paranoid. Look at your posts. I have never jumped into some thread where you "moderated" and said: "You'd better not be doing that, ALLY." Once you expressed your opinion concerning the fight with FAB, and I disagreed with you. And frankly, knowing your past in that you got involved with CHELLE and FAB against me and MAX, I think you have yourself to blame for not being an authority figure in that one instance.

I would address both sides and you would always come back as if I singled you out. I could have written volumes about those who were fighting against you, but if i mentioned anything about your side, you would yell at me.

Furthermore, and sorry if I come across as a real dick here...
I can't really respect any mod that tells me why she has a real reason to NOT donate a lousy $10 to help SARGE with this site that gives you all this "power". I think it kinda sucks. Take that for what it's worth. It's not an insult...it's just my opinion.

Didn't you just lecture me about putting my personal life on the interweb? Do you want an explination, Rikk? Would it help you and Max respect me more? Panamark and Mezro know about it, Don't see Mezro coming after me anymore, do you? Do you really want to know why?

Yes, I know...you have a real angry reply coming now.

see, you always expect anger from me. Sometimes I think you read anger from me when it's not even there. And if you go back to all those times it has come to this, you will see that I've always had to say to you.

Rikk
02-02-2005, 04:47 PM
ALLY, I really am not in the mood for this. I'm not going to sit fighting all those points. Truth is, I'll usually go against any argument I see as illogical. I don't care who's making it.

But you and I will never get along. It's as simple as that.

I will say, however, that I maybe went a bit too far calling you a "cunt". So, I take that back.

Fair enough?

Ally_Kat
02-02-2005, 06:31 PM
ALLY, I really am not in the mood for this.

You're not in the mood for this? If only you knew. If I told you, you'd know that I'm completely not in the mood for this AND understand why I haven't donated.

But you and I will never get along. It's as simple as that.

Then you'll be the only one bringing in past influences to a new thread/debate. I never entered anything we ever got into with the fact that we would never get along.

Rikk
02-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Then you'll be the only one bringing in past influences to a new thread/debate. I never entered anything we ever got into with the fact that we would never get along.

Oh my god...SHUT UP!!!!!!!!! Do you ever shut up??

You're such a hypocrite. Who mentions the SHEEP PEN, my "higher friends", posts PMs? Wouldn't you call that bringing in "past influences"?:p