PDA

View Full Version : Metallica Wins Another Grammy

PHOENIX
02-09-2004, 05:19 PM
GRAMMY AWARD WINNERS
Metallica have won a Grammy in the "Best Metal Performance" category at the 46th annual Grammy Awards, which are being held tonight (Feb. 8) at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Metallica "St. Anger" beat out such other "Metal" nominees as Korn "Did My Time", Marilyn Manson "Obscene", Spineshank "Smothered" and Stone Sour "Inhale".

Gmoney
02-09-2004, 06:49 PM
I thought St. Anger sucked, haven't listened to it since the first day I bought it.

Sounds like someone is beating on a metal trash can for 45 minutes!!!

DLR7884
02-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Metallica fits in well at the Grammy's with the likes of Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Madonna, and 50 Cent.....

Their music sucks, they are total media whores, and there best work is well behind them.

That shithole album they released was on par with VH3, and the mixing on it sounds like someone recorded it a bathroom 2 doors down from the studio.

I've heard VH bootlegs that sound better.

DLR7884
Metallica died in 1991 after the black album.

Little Texan
02-09-2004, 08:56 PM
You know rock music has really gone to shit when Metallica wins a fucking Grammy for that pile of shit album St. Anger, and the Dave Matthews Band wins Rock album of the year. What a joke!

DLR7884
02-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Metallica sucks big balls.

DLR7884
And they like it...

Golden AWe
02-10-2004, 08:52 AM
I've never been a big fan of Metallica, I especially hate Kirk Hammett...and with shitty albums like this I'll never be one.

Mr Grimsdale
02-10-2004, 10:54 AM
hammett's earlier playing was good, no complaints about the first 4 maybe 5 albums but since then he's taken a back seat and they concentrate on "the feel"

total wank in my opinion

flappo
02-10-2004, 11:05 AM
..i think thy're dull ,almost as dull as sammy hagar or matt bianco

nah

matt bianco rool

beto
02-10-2004, 11:33 AM
metallica, sucks today. bob rock fucked then all up.after justice album.

WACF
02-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Bob Rock made them rich...

Panamark
02-11-2004, 03:00 AM
Kill em All
Ride the Lighning
Master of Puppets
And Justice for all
Metallica

What the fuck happened ??

Kirk was a great guitarist early on. I love the solos in songs like "Master" and "Orion". Farken good stuff. These guys suck now. The only saving grace for them is that they still play a lot of the old stuff in concert. I live in eternal hope that they will release another great one. St Anger was their worst effort so far, IMO. No Solos ?? And what was with that snare?? Jamez voice sounds totally fucked on that title track too..

Little Texan
02-11-2004, 03:37 AM
Load(of shit) and ReLoad sound like masterpieces compared to this abortion of an album! You're right, Panamark. They haven't put out a decent album since the Black Album, and even it wasn't their best effort, although it was good. Justice was their last great album, IMO. They really conned the public this last time into believing that St. Anger was going to be a return to their "old sound", but there is not a single good song on that album...it just sounds like a bunch of noise. I could not believe how excrutiatingly bad this album was the first time I heard it! Thankfully, the radio station played the entire album the night before it was released to the buying public, so I avoided wasting my money and finding out the hard way how bad it was.

beto
02-12-2004, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WACF
Bob Rock made them rich... [/QUOT

MUSIC WISE

beto
02-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by beto
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WACF
Bob Rock made them rich... [/QUOT

I MEAN MUSIC WISE

Mr Grimsdale
02-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by flappo
..i think thy're dull ,almost as dull as sammy hagar or matt bianco

nah

matt bianco rool

matt bianco!
haha

fookin' ace
up there with curiosity killed the cat, voice of the beehive and swing out sister

transvision vamp eh? i'd do 'er

WOOF