PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play a Warlock?

Mulattothrasher
01-24-2005, 12:18 AM
I am looking into getting a new left handed axe. I am considering a B.C. Rich, but, overall, how well do Warlocks play?
Are they sturdy, well made guitars, or trash? Are they heavy to handle when your shredding? (they look it)

DLRdelight!
01-24-2005, 01:48 AM
I never owned one, but my friend bought one, and he regreted it big time. I believe he said because of sound and how it was difficult to play sittin down

BrownSound1
01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
I never cared for BC Rich guitars...just not my cup of tea tone wise.

ThrillsNSpills
01-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I had one.
The action and the playability were great.
The whammy system and tone were not.
It's gone now.

jackassrock
01-25-2005, 01:09 PM
It all depends how much cash you drop on it.

Like every other company, they have a shitty model that they sell a lot of, then there's the good ones. I've played the Bronze series (equivalent to a Squier)and they suck. I bought one for $40 bucks one time and gave it away about a week later. The NJ series are decent guitars (my first was a BC Rich strat style NJ), but not great.I have never played an american or custom BC Warlock, but have gotten down with one or two other models in a music store setting and they were nice, well built and all. I think they are for the most part silly looking. And if you do get one, I suggest you switch out the pickups immediately. If not sooner. The sound is very middle of the road. Meaning not at all condusive to you sounding like a fuckin kick ass METAL GOD.

Panamark
01-26-2005, 08:22 AM
Isnt this the axe that Blackie Lawless played from Wasp ???
I tried one (new) at a shop cos I thought it looked kinda mean
at the time... Didnt like it......

Panamark
01-26-2005, 08:24 AM
To elaborate, bad tone, high action, bad trem just didnt feel right !

GAR
01-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Bernie Rico Jr sold the company after his dad died.

Then he got it back. Then he sold it again.

The older USA made neck-thru's were excellent, Neal Moser designed it in 1980 and a freind of mine owned serial n. 8013, black, single black DiMarzio superdistortion, and a solid brass APM fender-style trem. One volume.