PDA

View Full Version : Rotten Wood anyone???

smaz
01-24-2005, 08:57 PM
PARIS (Reuters) - A Frenchman lost in a labyrinth of disused mushroom caves said he had survived 35 days by eating rotten wood and clay, after being rescued only thanks to a teachers' strike.

Jean-Luc Josuat-Verges, 48, told French newspapers he had gone to the deserted caves at Madiran in the Pyrenees in December seeking isolation during a spell of depression which had left him considering suicide.

While wandering through the cave network the father-of-two's torch stopped working, and he was unable to find his way out.

His abandoned car was found 35 days later by three children who were not at school because their teachers were on strike. The children alerted police who rescued Josuat-Verges from the caves. French media said he had lost 18 kg (40 lb) and was "weak".

Nickdfresh
01-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Mmmm...Clay and wood. That reminds me of my moms cooking!

Katydid
01-24-2005, 09:37 PM
What did he go there for? To overdose on mushrooms?

Jérôme Frenchise
01-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Katydid
What did he go there for? To overdose on mushrooms?

Yeah, Katy!:D

Well, I'm French, but I think I would have died... from longing for beer! But I'm from the North of the country, living in the (now -20 °C) freezing Alps. I'm conditioned to another kind of moisture...:)

Knucklebones
01-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Jérome from Fra

Well, I'm French, but I think I would have died... from longing for beer! But I'm from the North of the country, living in the (now -20 °C) freezing Alps. I'm conditioned to another kind of moisture...:)

The kind between your legs in the middle of the night when you wake up?

aesop
01-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Jérome from Fra

LOL. Damn. I hope you have some good, warm Hot tubs there!
...I thought 0 was cold...

Jérôme Frenchise
01-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Knucklebones
The kind between your legs in the middle of the night when you wake up?

Exactly!:D

Jérôme Frenchise
01-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by aesop
LOL. Damn. I hope you have some good, warm Hot tubs there!
...I thought 0 was cold...

I got boiling hot blood running in my veins, so it keeps me from getting cold and... it's a real asset with chicks!