PDA

View Full Version : Ted Turner Compares Foxnews To Hitler

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Jan 25 2005

http://www.drudgereport.com/tt.jpg

Drudge Report

Ted Turner called FOX an arm of the Bush administration and compared FOXNEWS's popularity to Hitler's popular election to run Germany before WWII.

Turner made the controversial comments before a standing-room-only crowd at the National Association for Television Programming Executives's opening session Tuesday.

His no-nonsense, humorous approach during the one-hour Q&A generated frequent loud applause and laughter, BROADCASTING & CABLE reports.

While FOX may be the largest news network [and has overtaken Turner's CNN], it's not the best, Turner said.

He followed up by pointing out that Adolph Hitler got the most votes when he was elected to run Germany prior to WWII. He said the network is the propaganda tool for the Bush Administration.

"There's nothing wrong with that. It's certainly legal. But it does pose problems for our democracy. Particularly when the news is dumbed down," leaving voters without critical information on politics and world events and overloaded with fluff," he said.

Developing...

:elvis:

BigBadBrian
01-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Ted Turner cracks me up! :D

He promised to donate a $Billion to charity then reneged when he lost his ass in the AOL TimeWarner acquisition. Then he gave away the rights to the company he founded! :D

This man is irrelevant. He is stupid with a capital S. :gulp:

Big Train
01-25-2005, 04:44 PM
So what was CNN when it was popular?

Ted is a blowhard who made some dumb moves in the last decade. You can't sell out for Billions AND retain complete control. Pick a path or go sailing...Captain Outrageous has become Captain Uncalled for..

Pontius Pilate
01-26-2005, 01:16 PM
The liberal swines must be more creative with their rhetoric. They have too much water and Hitler on the brain.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Pontius Pilate
The liberal swines must be more creative with their rhetoric. They have too much water and Hitler on the brain.

No, not Hitler. Just the irrational, callous, and fear based attitudes that spawned his like!

FORD
01-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Ted could just as easily have made the same comment about his own former network, given their extreme turn towards neoconism in recent years. Yet he didn't mention them at all. Hopefully that means the rumors of him trying to buy back CNN are true.

A TV News Network that opposes the BCE viewpoint is the next neccessary step in the resurrection of America.

Wayne L.
01-29-2005, 08:07 AM
Ted Turner should be locked up in a mental asylum because he's crazy while he's envious of FNC whipping the crap out of CNN which is great.

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Ted Turner should be locked up in a mental asylum because he's crazy while he's envious of FNC whipping the crap out of CNN which is great.

Wayne, you'd she be banned from the computer at the group home for retarded people. STFU! (Or is it mama's trailer?)

Wayne L.
01-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Wayne, you'd she be banned from the computer at the group home for retarded people. STFU! (Or is it mama's trailer?)

You should be with Ted Turner but he's even smarter than you.

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 12:47 PM
You should be with Ted Turner but he's even smarter than you.

You know Wayne, I am beginning to believe that you have a 'fetish' for having your ass kicked all over an internet forum site.

academic punk
01-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Ted could just as easily have made the same comment about his own former network, given their extreme turn towards neoconism in recent years. Yet he didn't mention them at all. Hopefully that means the rumors of him trying to buy back CNN are true.

A TV News Network that opposes the BCE viewpoint is the next neccessary step in the resurrection of America.

Oh, come on, people: he happens to be abolutely right! Before I left for work this morning, I was alternating between CNN< MSNBC, and Fox.

Both Cnn and MSNBC were discussing the Iraqi elections and the dangers in Basra, etc. It wasn't the most scintillating news ever.

FOX was talking about some kid in - I dunno - North Dakota who has an enlarged head and some company just custom-designed a helmet to fit him.

So not only is there news irrelevant (and in questionable taste), it's not even NEWS: the friggin' DAILY SHOW beat them to this story by THREE DAYS!

academic punk
01-29-2005, 12:57 PM
And you can't compare CNN AT ALL to FOX: CNN's "supposed lean" to the right is like throwing a bullet in comparison to FOX"s firing an M-80!

FTR, I believe Lou Dobbs is about the best reporter out there today.

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Wolf Blitzer is my favorite.

I don't think I've ever seen Sean Pannitywaste, but I've heard the parodies on The Daily Show where they have young kids read the dialogue form news discussion shows like the ones on Fox.

academic punk
01-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Sean Hannity is FUCKING scary. Moreso than O'Reilly even, because at least with O'Reilly, a) oyu look at the guy and you know he's full of shit, and b)there havre been instances where he does not agree at all with the conservative agenda.

Hannity knows how to control the flow of conversation, and how to get what he wants said form an interview and interview subject but, by no stretch of the imagination is he a reporter or journailist. he's a smug prick of a cog in the conservative propaganda machine.

Lou Dobbs I respect because he is a registered lifelong republican, but still reports religiously about outsourcing and the questionable practices of the W adminisrtation (even though, as FOX has proved, it might be a more successful show in terms of ratings if he didn't)

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Sean Pannitywaste ??

Why are you liberal punks so into childish name calling ??

academic punk
01-29-2005, 02:06 PM
hey, Elvis, be fair. I didn't.

Don't generalize or stereotype.

And, besides, in terms of name-calling, wasn't it at the RNC where conservatives filled madison square garden to chant "flip-flop, flip-flop, flip-flop" like a bunch of three year old mindless drones?

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I know...

But you see it everywhere...

Liberal message boards are full of childish name calling, and i don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I love comedy, but I doubt the majority are trying to be funny...

These people supposedly have a serious message, and are supposedly passionate about their cause. Is third grade name calling the strategy to attract people to the message ??

I don't get it...

FORD
01-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Yeah, I know...

But you see it everywhere...

Liberal message boards are full of childish name calling, and i don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I love comedy, but I doubt the majority are trying to be funny...

These people supposedly have a serious message, and are supposedly passionate about their cause. Is third grade name calling the strategy to attract people to the message ??

I don't get it...

And how many names do the right wingers have for the Clintons?

And I believe even YOU have used the Limbaugh-ism "algore"

Ye who is not without sin should not casteth stones, Gregory ;)

(Had to pinch hit for JC there, since He doesn't post on the Sabbath)

Wayne L.
01-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
And you can't compare CNN AT ALL to FOX: CNN's "supposed lean" to the right is like throwing a bullet in comparison to FOX"s firing an M-80!

FTR, I believe Lou Dobbs is about the best reporter out there today.

CNN is the second best 24 hour cable news network around but FNC beats the crap out of it & MSNBC all the time for obvious reasons. CNN doesn't know whether it wants to be a serious news channel or a Larry King/entertainment channel these days. BTW, Heidi Collins is my favorite newsbabe on CNN but FNC has the hottest newsbabes.

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Sean Pannitywaste ??

Why are you liberal punks so into childish name calling ??

Because it's funny as-well-as truthful. He is a flaming panty waste that cuts people off and bullies them. I've heard Fox even edits peoples comments to change the speakers connotation.

BigBadBrian
01-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Because it's funny as-well-as truthful. He is a flaming panty waste that cuts people off and bullies them. I've heard Fox even edits peoples comments to change the speakers connotation.

You've heard? Second hand knowledge, huh? Ever watch Carville or Begala on Crossfire?

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You've heard? Second hand knowledge, huh? Ever watch Carville or Begala on Crossfire?

I think Carville is an arrogant, but very smart, weasel and Begala, I don't have the energy to get any opinion regarding Begala. I can take him or leave him. He's actually said some nice things about your Dubya.

academic punk
01-29-2005, 06:39 PM
CNN is the second best 24 hour cable news network around but FNC beats the crap out of it & MSNBC all the time for obvious reasons. CNN doesn't know whether it wants to be a serious news channel or a Larry King/entertainment channel these days. BTW, Heidi Collins is my favorite newsbabe on CNN but FNC has the hottest newsbabes.

I think the last sentence of this post tells you everything you need to know about this guys interest in actual news and ability to discern politics from public relations.