PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Blames Bush for Abortions

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Jan. 25, 2005 (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/25/95122.shtml)

http://0cents.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Stamp_Image_Living_My_Lies.jpg

There has been an increase in the number of abortions in eight states, and it's all President Bush's fault, says pro-abortion Senator Hillary Clinton.

Speaking at a pro-abortion rally in Washington attended by about 1,000 abortion advocates, while hundreds of thousands of pro-lifers marched to protest abortion, the wife of the president who vetoed a ban on partial-birth abortion charged that President Bush has caused an increase in abortions because he is not fully funding family planning programs.

Hillary claims family planning decreases the number of abortions.

Explaining her bizarre contention, Senator Clinton said, "... unfortunately in the last few years, while we are engaged in ideological debate instead of one that uses facts and evidence and common sense, the rate of abortion is on the rise in some states."
"In the [first] three years since President Bush took office, eight states have seen an increase in abortion rates and four saw a decrease."

On the other hand, Clinton has claimed that during her husband's administration, "we saw the rate of abortion consistently fall."

"The abortion rate fell by one-quarter between 1990 and 1995, the steepest decline since Roe was decided in 1973," Clinton told a conference of the Family Planning Advocates of New York. "The rate fell another 11 percent between 1994 and 2000."

But the statistics she cited were based on numbers that Dr. Randy O'Bannon, director of education at the National Right to Life Committee, says come from a flawed study conducted by a researcher who used faulty data to survey the rise or fall of abortions during the Bush administration.

Glen Harold Stassen, a professor of Christian Ethics at Fuller Theological Seminary, released the politically charged study just before the presidential elections, according to LifeNews.com.

LifeNews reported that Stassen claimed abortions increased in 11 of 16 states, and assumed abortions must be on the rise nationwide.

Stassen also reportedly used wrong figures in several states – sometimes using old stats and, in South Dakota, using the birth rate instead of the number of abortions.

Stassen wrongly averaged the 17.4 percent decline to say that abortions decreased at the same 1.7 percent rate every year during the '90s, LifeNews.com argued.

Since Clinton was in office during most of the 1990s, that would give him bragging rights to the abortion decrease. But Dr. O'Bannon said the rate of decline was higher in the first President Bush's years in office and slowed during the Clinton years.

"In Clinton's last year in office, the decline was not 1.7 percent, but just 0.1 percent," O'Bannon explained.

White House spokesman Ken Lasaius responded to Hillary's criticism with this:

"The president believes we ought to work together to promote a culture of life. He's made it very clear that whether we agree or disagree on the issue of abortion, that we can all work together to take practical steps to reduce the number of abortions that occur."

Clinton also wants more money for contraception, and a bigger emphasis on promoting teenage abstinence as a means of bringing about "a day when abortion is truly safe, legal and rare."

President Bush spoke by telephone to an anti-abortion rally in Washington and, according to the AP, said, "You know, we come from many different backgrounds, but what unites us is our understanding that the essence of civilization is this: The strong have a duty to protect the weak."

The president added that he would continue "seeking common ground where possible and persuading increasing numbers of our fellow citizens of the rightness of our cause. This is the path of the culture of life that we seek for our country."

:elvis:

LoungeMachine
01-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Fine by Me.

Blame Bush.

Come to think of it, I blame Bush for the break up of Van Halen too.

and for the Mariners still sucking.

and the movie Gigli

FORD
01-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Hillary's not much better than the BCE, but in this case, the facts are on her side.

Abortions were declining during the 8 years of President Clinton's administration, and have increased under the BCE. Main reason?

IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!!!

diamondD
01-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Ask Hillary what she did about Arkansas's being in the top 3 states for out of wedlock mothers during their lengthy time in office here.

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Hillary's not much better than the BCE, but in this case, the facts are on her side.

Abortions were declining during the 8 years of President Clinton's administration, and have increased under the BCE. Main reason?

And the fact that Dubya supports an agenda to deny kids a basic sex education and one that is telling them lies (i.e. condoms won't prevent pregnancy) and unrealistically pushing abstinence.

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 10:29 PM
How is abstinence unrealistic ??

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Abstinence is an admirable and valid choice, but if you present it to teens as their only choice without informing them of birth-control, you are asking for unplanned pregnancies and abortions.

LoungeMachine
01-25-2005, 10:47 PM

I'm guessing in your case it wasn't even by choice:D

Gmoney
01-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Too bad Hillary wasn't an abortion!

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I'm guessing in your case it wasn't even by choice:D

I do practice abstinence, by choice...:D

LoungeMachine
01-25-2005, 11:06 PM
I do practice abstinence, by choice...:D

Yes, but just not YOUR choice:D

That stinging pain you get in your eyes during sex, ELVIS........

It's just the pepper spray:p

LoungeMachine
01-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Gmoney
Too bad Hillary wasn't an abortion!

Hey, a Repulicant with bling.

gotta love it.:D

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Yes, but just not YOUR choice:D

http://www.gatewaystobabylon.com/images/2195.gif

Cathedral
01-25-2005, 11:44 PM

No, the reason is that abortion is legal, stupid.
Another is that parents aren't properly teaching their kids about the responsibilities of a sexual relationship, and the list goes on.

But to place the blame on Bush?
That is totally laughable, and quite surprising to me that this shit even came out of Hillary's mouth.

She supports the right to choose, but again the blame isn't being placed where it belongs, On The Baby Killers Themselves.

I swear, if there is a way for a Democrat to avoid responsibility for their own party's positions, they'll use it.

I blame society as a whole, You, Me, Them, Everybody, for ever allowing the murder of a fetus to be considered a choice.

It's murder, and not the fault of a damn President, but the fault of the Supreme Court, Roe vs. Wade and the kids getting knocked up.
Their "choice" was to think they were adult enough to have sex.
And the convenience of getting an abortion, also the fact that they discard these kids like an old candy wrapper proves to me they were not adult enough to know how to pay for their mistakes in judgement.

Oh, but as Mrs.Boxer claimed that "A baby is not a baby until you bring it home" makes it ok to kill a living thing inside a womans body.

Some people just sicken me to no end, and that is a fact.

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Rest assured, there would still be plenty of abortions it it were made illegal.

Cathedral
01-26-2005, 12:01 AM
But i'm sure a whole generation of tax payers and Social Security supporters wouldn't be extinguished in a mere 30 years if it were made illegal.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Do people actually think that with that entire generation gone it hasn't effected our current economy?

I'm sure it wouldn't stop all abortions, but if it were a crime there certainly wouldn't be an abortion clinic on damn near every corner of damn near every town.
Nobody wants a murder charge hanging over their heads.

A better idea would be for parents to shoulder the responsibility for their under aged kids not knowing the consequences of sex. there is a reason for sex, and it isn't to be the town whore/gigilo at social gatherings.
Sure it feels great, but it's even better if your an adult and understand the concept of intercourse and are genuinely in love with each other.

Sex for the sake of having sex is empty if you ask me.

ELVIS
01-26-2005, 12:08 AM
BTW Cat, as you probably know, Intercourse is the means of which a man and a woman become one in Christ Jesus...

;)

Nickdfresh
01-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
But i'm sure a whole generation of tax payers and Social Security supporters wouldn't be extinguished in a mere 30 years if it were made illegal.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Do people actually think that with that entire generation gone it hasn't effected our current economy?

I'm sure it wouldn't stop all abortions, but if it were a crime there certainly wouldn't be an abortion clinic on damn near every corner of damn near every town.
Nobody wants a murder charge hanging over their heads.

A better idea would be for parents to shoulder the responsibility for their under aged kids not knowing the consequences of sex. there is a reason for sex, and it isn't to be the town whore/gigilo at social gatherings.
Sure it feels great, but it's even better if your an adult and understand the concept of intercourse and are genuinely in love with each other.

Sex for the sake of having sex is empty if you ask me.

Why do you assume that all of those fetus' would have become tax-paying citizens? Many abortions are performed on the poor that can't afford kids.

ELVIS
01-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Eventually, they would have been taxpayers...

Cathedral
01-26-2005, 12:22 AM
With all due respect, Nick. Then they shouldn't be having sex at all without protection at the very least.

I dunno, I'm just from the old school of taking resposibility for our own actions.
Abortion cannot be justified because of poverty.
I couldn't afford either of my kids when they were born, but they never went without anything and at the time i was making shit money.

I've seen people with even less become great parents and raise responsible kids that went on to be very productive and successful people.
All arguments to justify killing a baby fall short of my ears because it is a case of simple lust that creates these issues.
So i would like to see the true responsible party's take the responsibility and raise these kids they are creating.
hell, even adoption is a better option, at least it gives them all a chance at life.
And before someone makes the argument against what i just said, Not all kids in that system grow up to be losers.

Fuck, Our whole damned society needs an overhaul because it is just disgusting how so many young people think these days.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2005, 08:07 AM
With all due respect, Nick. Then they shouldn't be having sex at all without protection at the very least.

I dunno, I'm just from the old school of taking resposibility for our own actions.
I couldn't afford either of my kids when they were born, but they never went without anything and at the time i was making shit money.

I've seen people with even less become great parents and raise responsible kids that went on to be very productive and successful people.
All arguments to justify killing a baby fall short of my ears because it is a case of simple lust that creates these issues.
So i would like to see the true responsible party's take the responsibility and raise these kids they are creating.
hell, even adoption is a better option, at least it gives them all a chance at life.
And before someone makes the argument against what i just said, Not all kids in that system grow up to be losers.

Fuck, Our whole damned society needs an overhaul because it is just disgusting how so many young people think these days.

I agree that people need to be ethical and responsible for their actions. But if you want to minimize abortions, you need to refocus your efforts from banning it to attacking the poverty which is the root cause of most abortions.

Education is also imperative. You cannot condemn abortion without giving the kids the straight scoop when talking about sex and birth-control instead of just talking about abstinence.

Because, genetically, you are hard wired to have sex and reproduce, like it or not. People are subconsciously, preconsciously driven to sex, not for mere pleasure as they consciously think, but to reproduce, which is as I've been told the ultimate sexual gratification.

Seshmeister
01-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Eventually, they would have been taxpayers...

No most would be criminals.

Abortion cuts crime because anyone that wants one is not a fit parent.

BigBadBrian
01-26-2005, 10:38 AM

You are insane. Period. :gulp:

ODShowtime
01-26-2005, 10:42 AM

Making abortions illegal will cause MORE poverty. Parents having kids when they're not ready severely decreases their earning potential for the rest of their lives.

So the person who is really being punished is the child having to grow up in a poor environment. Why punish them?

Lots of people in this world are un-educated and irresponsible and make stupid decisions, especially when the old ballsack has a say in things. This is one of the many facts of life that must be taken into account in this country. IT IS A FACT OF LIFE.

BigBadBrian
01-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Making abortions illegal will cause MORE poverty. Parents having kids when they're not ready severely decreases their earning potential for the rest of their lives.

So the person who is really being punished is the child having to grow up in a poor environment. Why punish them?

Lots of people in this world are un-educated and irresponsible and make stupid decisions, especially when the old ballsack has a say in things. This is one of the many facts of life that must be taken into account in this country. IT IS A FACT OF LIFE.

I can't believe we're culling human life based on economics. It's unreal.

We preach that education is the key and then go ahead and murder our young just because people don't have enough pesos to effectively raise their kids after a night of penis-thrashing. Either that or people don't want to bother with the whole idea of raising kids so they go to the clinic and "take care of the problem."

GODDAMN, are people too fucking stupid to get basic fucking birth control education? Don't hand me any political-based rhetoric either. This information is available literally everywhere these days: parents, school, church, community centers, etc.

Maybe Sesh is right. Maybe abortion should be legal to rid the world of lousy parents. Anyone that wants an abortion is not a fit parent to begin with.

I won't go into every situation here. There are certain situations that I can support abortion. If you've been on this forum long enough, you know what they are.

John Ashcroft
01-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Abstinence is an admirable and valid choice, but if you present it to teens as their only choice without informing them of birth-control, you are asking for unplanned pregnancies and abortions.

Either of which I don't see as a government responsibility.

Seshmeister
01-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I won't go into every situation here. There are certain situations that I can support abortion. If you've been on this forum long enough, you know what they are.

One is if both parents are Sammy Hagar fans.

BigBadBrian
01-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

That is always a given. :D

academic punk
01-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Tell y'all what: if you don't believe in abortions, don't have one.

But as for making it illegal, what does anyone else's decision have to do with YOU?

as for these abortions would have grown up to be tax payers:

True, many.

But - and let's set aside the world's increasing over-population - there are only so many jobs to go around. The unemployment rate would be STAGGERING, as with famine, prison occupancy, income levels, etc.

I'm not trying to ban the church from its' existence, so why are you trying to ban my beliefs and creeds?

Tolerance, indeed.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Either of which I don't see as a government responsibility.

I think it might be indirectly related to public school education. Since many of the districts that have the highest pregnancy rates also are the ones that are the most underfunded, I think the Federal Gov't can do more with initiatives by informing kids about the truth of birth control.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

I was thinking of a Eugenics policy of manditory human spaying and neutering!

Well, most male Hagar fans are effectively self-neutered.