PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up! Bush Is Serious

BigBadBrian
01-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Wake Up! Bush Is Serious

by Paul Craig Roberts

Readers in numbers beyond my ability to reply individually have challenged me whether President Bush's inaugural speech is a statement of his intentions or merely a celebration of himself and American democracy. Surely Bush doesn't believe America has the power to remake the world in its own image other than by being an example for others to follow?

The answer is that it doesn't matter whether Bush believes, or even understands, what he said. The neoconservatives believe it, and they control the Bush administration.

On the heels of Bush's speech, neocon Robert Kagan used his column in the Washington Post to set Bush's inaugural speech in stone as U.S. foreign policy. Kagan wrote: "The goal of American foreign policy is now to spread democracy, for its own sake, for reasons that transcend specific threats. In short, Bush has unmoored his foreign policy from the war on terrorism."

This is precisely the goal of the neocons. It is why the neocons orchestrated "intelligence" and propaganda in order to bring about the invasion of Iraq, a country whose secular ruler suppressed terrorism. The neocons' writings clearly state their goal and long predate the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. Their agenda is independent of "the war on terror." Many of those who signed the neocon strategy documents hold presidential appointments in the Bush administration and are the administration's most powerful members.

If Bush were in control or had a brain, he would have shut Cheney up and fired all the neocons who produced the Iraqi disaster. Instead, despite the Iraqi mess, the Bush administration is publicly threatening to attack Iran, a country that has committed no terrorist or aggressive act toward the U.S. The Pentagon has been ordered to prepare plans. Apparently, the U.S. has already inserted special forces into Iran to gather intelligence.

The neoconservatives are Jacobins. The neocons are the greatest threat America has ever faced, and they have the reins of power. Americans need to wake up to this fact and stop indulging their macho "kick their Muslim butts" fantasies and their "end times" Rapture fantasies.

The Bush administration is not establishing any democracies. It is starting a war that will last a generation. That is the neocon plan. They have put their intentions in writing just as Hitler did. It is no protection that their plan is detached from reality. Robespierre was detached from reality, and that did not stop him. So were Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot. People with power in their hands who are detached from reality are the most dangerous people of all. The delusional quality of their rantings disarms people from taking them seriously: "Oh, they couldn't mean that." But they do.

link (http://www.antiwar.com/roberts/?articleid=4576)

Seshmeister
01-26-2005, 11:20 AM
Scary times ahead because of the ignorance of 52% of the US electorate.

McCarrens
01-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Scary times ahead because of the ignorance of <I>48%</I> of the US electorate.

Seshmeister
01-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Oof!

:)

BigBadBrian
01-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens

Dude, Sesh got the better of you on that round. :gulp:

McCarrens
01-26-2005, 12:49 PM
He got the better of me by saying, and I quote, "Oof!"?

Nickdfresh
01-26-2005, 12:53 PM

Why don't you become a war correspondent "guided ninja." Then you can enlighten we 48%.;)

ODShowtime
01-26-2005, 02:21 PM
BBB, I'd sincerely like to know what you think about this article. I agree 100% myself.

You and Pontius seem to be on a tear today.

I mean, is the situation laid out above better than that we would get from John Kerry?

FORD
01-26-2005, 02:27 PM

So you are saying that you now support the PNAC agenda, even though Kagan, a PNAC'er himself, has just told you that it has NOTHING to do with terrorism?

Don't tell me you buy this "freedom" and "liberty" crap spewed by half assed monkey boy??

You don't bring freedom through invasions based on lies. That's fascism. Which is the BCE's goal now, as it was when they enabled Hitler in the 30's.

McCarrens
01-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Ford, why do hate democracy?

Ford, why does almost everyhting out of your mouth have to dowith facism?

Ford, when are you going to get a job so you can get out of the house and stop making up stupid theory?

Ford, when are you going to get a job so you can buy some of that medication you so deperately need?

LoungeMachine
01-26-2005, 03:54 PM

Ford, when are you going to get a job so you can get out of the house and stop making up stupid theory?

Ford, when are you going to get a job so you can buy some of that medication you so deperately need?

Award winning journalist MY ASS

You have the comprehension and writing abilities of an 8th grade C student. at best.

Leave the "get a job" call outs for your petty rants elsewhere.:rolleyes:

dolt.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

The answer is that it doesn't matter whether Bush believes, or even understands, what he said. The neoconservatives believe it, and they control the Bush administration.

Fatally accurate :(

Nickdfresh
01-26-2005, 04:00 PM

Why do you write like a third-grade shithead? I guess you don't need to be a good writer for radio news.

ODShowtime
01-26-2005, 04:01 PM
come on. I want to know what the cons think about this.

knuckleboner
01-26-2005, 05:25 PM
nah...bush isn't serious.

he likes liberty and freedom and democracy. no doubt.

but if you ask me (and nobody did!), the inauguration speech was more about defending his iraq invasion for future historical scrutiny.

there is no way that bush would have the U.S. invade iran over iran's lack of freedom. no chance. ditto china, north korea, saudi arabia, bahrain, nigeria, etc. etc.

McCarrens
01-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Where did you get the idea I write for news radio?

Answer: You pulled it out your ass.

Why do you think I write like a third-grader?

Answer: Because you're a poopy-head, that why!

Nickdfresh
01-26-2005, 05:55 PM
Where did you get the idea I write for news radio?

Answer: You pulled it out your ass.

Why do you think I write like a third-grader?

Answer: Because you're a poopy-head, that why!

Actually I think it is a generally accepted notion that your writing is on a special education, middle-schooler level. I think basic errors in your writing, and your lack of any origional thought dispels any notion of you being any sort of journalist, as bad as journalists often write.

So what paper do you write for? I know, you can't tell us because you are full of shit and generally recognized as one of the worst posters here, even by people that politically agree with you. So have I heard of the paper you write for? Why don't you post one of your articles?

ODShowtime
01-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Actually I think it is a generally accepted notion that your writing is on a special education, middle-schooler level. I think basic errors in your writing, and your lack of any origional thought dispels any notion of you being any sort of journalist, as bad as journalists often write.

The lack of original thought is what does it for me. I really thought he was fuckin' around for awhile, but no one can pretend to be this brain dead.

ELVIS
01-26-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't believe the Bush administration has any plans to attack the world in the name of freedom and democracy...:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
01-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I don't believe the Bush administration has any plans to attack the world in the name of freedom and democracy...:rolleyes:

Well, he said that in his speech. Don't you trust gw?

ODShowtime
01-26-2005, 07:04 PM

Well, he said that in his speech. Don't you trust gw? You've specifically said that gw is good because "he does what he says"

God damn, you contradict yourself here daily.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2005, 07:04 PM

Well of course not

only those countries with OIL:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
01-27-2005, 09:13 AM
BBB, you post this and then don't add anything to it. What's the point?

jacksmar
01-27-2005, 09:23 AM
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/ts20050127.shtml

jacksmar
01-27-2005, 09:30 AM
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42557

ODShowtime
01-27-2005, 09:31 AM
yep! It sure is self-indulgent to voice your own opinion these day!

ULTRAMAN VH
01-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Very interesting, I have recently read Pat Buchanan's latest book and he also commented very strongly about the neo conservative's control over the Bush administration. If his theories are correct these Neo's are bent on world domination, starting with the middle east.

BigBadBrian
01-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
BBB, you post this and then don't add anything to it. What's the point?

Geez, give a guy a break. I got caught up with some stuff yesterday. I'll get back to this later today...if I remember. :)

Nickdfresh
01-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Anyone see Seymour Hersh on the DAILEY SHOW last night with Jon Stewart? man was he fucking scaring me!

ODShowtime
01-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Geez, give a guy a break. I got caught up with some stuff yesterday. I'll get back to this later today...if I remember. :)

comeon now. we all now you don't have anything important to do. :rolleyes:

Seshmeister
02-03-2005, 10:52 AM

I should put that in my signature...:D

Warham
02-03-2005, 04:01 PM
How dare the US try to spread freedom and democracy around the globe!!! Bastards!

Seshmeister
02-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah?

So when does the invasion of Saudi Arabia start?

blueturk
02-04-2005, 02:00 PM

No...just oil.