PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crue to release yet another compilation...

Steve Savicki
01-26-2005, 04:12 PM
What has the American music market turned into?
If companies are that desparate to release compilation after compilation, I say the ability to write original music has diminished.

WACF
01-26-2005, 05:15 PM
I do not know if it is true or not but the radio station here keeps saying the new Crue song was written by A Simple Plan.

I find this amazing(sad really).....

Figs
01-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Well, they have to be cheap to make, and there is a tour, so it's easy money....

Big Train
01-26-2005, 05:19 PM
It's got a lot more to do with the fact that the Crue owns their own catalog and is more than happy to pimp it out for as long as possible.

Yes, that new song is weak, I wouldn't doubt it if Simple Plan or the guys who wrote for them wrote it..

Steve Savicki
01-26-2005, 05:24 PM
What's the legal process in getting ownership to one's work?

So Elektra no longer owns the masters anymore?

twonabomber
01-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Savicki, the rest of the world knew about this a month ago.

DLR7884
01-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
Savicki, the rest of the world knew about this a month ago.

That's what I was gonna say!

DLR7884
:)

FORD
01-27-2005, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by WACF
I do not know if it is true or not but the radio station here keeps saying the new Crue song was written by A Simple Plan.

I find this amazing(sad really).....

It's worse than that, actually.

It was written FOR "A Simple Plan" (whoever the fuck they are, and I honestly don't know) by some corporate shill songwriter/manager/producer type. Forget exactly who, but I heard it in passing on VH 1, I think.

But then, Desmond Childmolester wrote the alleged "comeback solo hit" that Vince sang on his facelift special, so go figure.

Mr Badguy
01-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Pity, because when "Primal scream" appeared on "Decade of decadence" it was one of their best songs ever, probably the last great song the Crue did.

Although their cover of "Anarchy in the UK" sucked ass.

That makes five Crue compilations, if you count the box set.

Not bad for a band that only made eight original albums in twenty years.

Steve Savicki
01-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Desmond Childmolester
What is this Desmond thing about? Isn't he the same guy that co-wrote "Does anybody really fall in love anymore?" for Bon Jovi & Cher?

FORD
01-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
What is this Desmond thing about? Isn't he the same guy that co-wrote "Does anybody really fall in love anymore?" for Bon Jovi & Cher?

Yep. As well as many sappy ballads for AeroSHIT and the early 90's version of KI$$. And Michael Bolton.

And even worse, Eddie the lying drunk wanted this pussy to write lyrics for Van Halen in 1996!

FORD
01-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy

Although their cover of "Anarchy in the UK" sucked ass.

Yeah. It was even worse than their cover of "Helter Skelter". Though not quite as horrible as Skid Row's version of "Holiday In The Sun".

mewisemagic
01-27-2005, 09:19 AM
i read that simple plan wrote the song(if i die tomorrow),decided not to use it and bob rock presented it to the crue and nikki sixx changed some of the words and arrangement a little and reecorded it

Big Troubles
01-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by FORD
It's worse than that, actually.

It was written FOR "A Simple Plan" (whoever the fuck they are, and I honestly don't know) by some corporate shill songwriter/manager/producer type. Forget exactly who, but I heard it in passing on VH 1, I think.

But then, Desmond Childmolester wrote the alleged "comeback solo hit" that Vince sang on his facelift special, so go figure.

simple plan is a Canadian group. Not bad actually. rebel 20 yr olds. The song was written by them, but I believe it was Bob Rock who convinced Plan not to use the song, then Rock intro'd the song to Crue and Crue took it and changed many parts to the song. (apparently) Simple Plan was interviewd on Much Music as saying so. They were flattered that Crue was singing it as they were big fans.
give you an idea of how young these guys are.

Mr Badguy
01-29-2005, 06:58 AM
What we need now is another Ozzy live album with more obsolete versions of "Crazy train", "Mr Crowley" and "Paranoid".