PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew: There's just something about getting drunk on alcohol you made...

Dave's PA Rental
01-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Drinking a 'Downtown Brown' ale right now...5 gallons in Grolsh swing-tops...aged about a month.

The alcohol is there, but its not very bubbly...garage is too cold for the carbonation to develop, I guess...

Anybody else homebrew?

Panamark
01-27-2005, 02:23 AM
No, but I made Pineapple grog once, That shit was pretty lethal..
Easy to make too, if anyone wants the instructions..

EbDawson
01-27-2005, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
Anybody else homebrew?

I've brewed about 4 batches. My brother bought me a brew kit Christmas before last. The stuff has turned out alright, pretty good for a beginner. I had the same problem as you though, not enough carbonation. The stuff turns out a little on the flat side though the taste isn't bad. I think I may need to increase the bottling sugar. I'll have to ask the guy at the homebrew store when I go in next time.

Do you use grain with yours or just the canned malt. I've used one can of malt and one lb. of dried malt extract with mine.

Dave's PA Rental
12-23-2005, 09:05 PM
mmmmmm...

'Twas the night before the night before Christmas...
and Dave's PA Rental just opened a 'Dublin Lager' that he bottled on November 9th...chilled it in a snow bank on his back deck for about 20 minutes...tasty...

Dave's PA Rental
12-23-2005, 11:06 PM
man, this thread drops to page 2 like a stone...

Jahuli
12-23-2005, 11:21 PM
how true

Dave's PA Rental
12-23-2005, 11:21 PM
thanks dude.

Flash Bastard
12-24-2005, 12:11 AM
A couple of Christmases ago I got a Mr. Beer homebrewing kit.

Followed the instructions to the letter and waited the prerequisite number of days for it to ferment.

Long story short it tasted like yeasty soap.

What's this about pineapple grog? I'd like to try that out.

FORD
12-24-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
No, but I made Pineapple grog once, That shit was pretty lethal..
Easy to make too, if anyone wants the instructions..

Does it have a lot of vodka in it? I think my cousin made that stuff and brought some to the house at Christmas. It was some pretty good shit. :bottle:

ashstralia
12-24-2005, 07:55 AM
i brewed a lot in my younger years,
when i had not much money, and a lot of time...

there's magic in handing your mate a grate beer that you made.

keep everything sterile
maintain a constant temperature
be exact in your mixtures... 'cause then you can alter them, and see what happens!!

i know guys who write down detailed notes on every brew.
i say, 'if ya didn't drink so much homebrew, you'd remember tha fuckin recipe!!!' lol

NATEDOG001976
12-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Good stuff man. In high school me and my bud would drink all his Dad's home brew when they went out of town. It pissed him off something pleanty...lol

ashstralia
12-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Good stuff man. In high school me and my bud would drink all his Dad's home brew when they went out of town. It pissed him off something pleanty...lol

yep, that'd upset me!

btw, was the beer nay good?

all beer's good when you're 17.:cool:

*leaves typo in, for 20% more 'billy connolly'*:D

damn the man
12-26-2005, 04:32 AM
I made a big batch last year and it was the best beer i had ever had . i put some ginger in mine and it made it have a good zing to it .

Full Bug
12-26-2005, 10:47 AM
My father used to make a mean home brew, brewed in green plastic bottles, nasty stuff but we had fun drinking it, I think, shit was dammed strong....