PDA

View Full Version : MTV should change their name to RTV

Knucklebones
01-27-2005, 09:19 PM
It seems like they're trying everything they can not to be a music television channel anyway.

http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_ITPTO102FIVH8E__vzn.dsl/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D87SO8EO0&qcat=entertain&ran=31007&passqi=&feed=ap&top=1

RTV, the Reality Show TV, is a much more fitting name.

Nickdfresh
01-27-2005, 09:23 PM
How about SSTV for Stupid, Shitty TV?

rustoffa
01-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Manure TV

The only thing I occasionally look at is VH1 classics.

Some dyn-o-mite shit occasionally.

aesop
01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
MTV stopped being relevant after DLR quit making videos...'Nuf SAID!!!!

aesop
01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
MTV stopped being relevant after DLR quit making videos...'Nuf SAID!!!!

N.H.B BBQ not withstanding...

Coyote
01-28-2005, 07:49 AM
It's fucked up...

According to the program schedule at MTV.com, there ARE music videos... from 6am to 9am. The rest of the day being reality shows (Real World Philadelphia for 3 hours?!), date shows (Room Raiders, etc.), and just plain dumb-ness (Ashlee Simpson Show and TRL... nuff said)

I'd rather watch VH-1, but I ain't got it... :(

DLR7884
01-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
I'd rather watch VH-1, but I ain't got it... :(

VH1 and VH1 Classic are great!

I watch them both all the time.

DLR7884
Remember when VH1 was "gay?"

Knucklebones
01-28-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't have Vh-1 classic :(

Dammit, there used to be music videos all the time on MTV, then they went downhill by putting on all those rap videos, then they went downhill even more by taking HBB off the air, then they went downhill even more by taking off beavis and butthead, then they went downhill even more by starting to show the real world/roadrules, then they went downhill even more by not showing music videos anymore, then they went downhill even more by making a different channel that you have to pay for, that has all the music videos, then now they're even taking the music videos off THAT channel?

DLR7884
01-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Knucklebones
I don't have Vh-1 classic :(

Dammit, there used to be music videos all the time on MTV, then they went downhill by putting on all those rap videos, then they went downhill even more by taking HBB off the air, then they went downhill even more by taking off beavis and butthead, then they went downhill even more by starting to show the real world/roadrules, then they went downhill even more by not showing music videos anymore, then they went downhill even more by making a different channel that you have to pay for, that has all the music videos, then now they're even taking the music videos off THAT channel?

But as an Usher fan you get your fix of him when you watch MTV, right?

DLR7884
LOL. Just fuckin' with ya. :)

Big Train
01-28-2005, 04:45 PM
The labels have noticed this as well. It's gotten so bad, Universal is in the final stages of putting out their own video channel. Several other majors are following suit.

Who needs MTV? MTV buried itself..

rustoffa
01-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Seen earlier today on VH1 classic:

Alice Cooper: Welcome to my nightmare.

*on an unrelated note, also soon-to-be JOETHUNDER theme song/lament.

DeadOrAlive
01-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Just VH-1 and VH-1 Classic here

Dan
01-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Tom Green WTF?

rustoffa
01-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Tom Green WTF?

I gotta say, on the old Tom Green show?

The fucking bit he did where he woke his dad up to show him the sculpture of dad doggie-stylin' his mom with the fountain dick thing?

Jeeminy crickets.....I laughed 'til I cried.

Dan
01-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I gotta say, on the old Tom Green show?

The fucking bit he did where he woke his dad up to show him the sculpture of dad doggie-stylin' his mom with the fountain dick thing?

Jeeminy crickets.....I laughed 'til I cried.

Agree on that,It was fucking funny.

We only get the MTV Reality Shows down here,NO Fucking Music.

guitarboy5150
01-31-2005, 08:41 PM
o i thought RTV stoop for RAP TV. mtv fuckin sucks now. the only show i like watching on mtv is made or true life. i love to watch people with problems try to better themselves

JCOOK
01-31-2005, 09:04 PM
MTV hasn't been relevent in years... and their "reality shows" anytime when people KNOW there's a camera on them it ceases to be real... they start playing to the cameras. The only reality shows are COPS,CAR CHASES,SPORTS AND LETS NOT FORGET WAR!

ODShowtime
02-01-2005, 03:42 PM
MTV experienced one of the greatest declines ever in the history of things that used to be cool but aren't anymore. They must still be making a profit though.

The problem with MTV is that they're single-handedly responsible for somehow destroying what little was left of people's attention spans. All that flashy editing has fucked up the way we consume information.

Jano
02-02-2005, 08:22 AM
MTV suck so bad now,i only watch VH1 and VH1 classic.Most of the music tv channel in France suck!!

Ozzy Fudd
02-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Once the HEADBANGERS BALL stopped running i stopped watching if i'm flippnng channels and i see some older shit (rare) i'll watch for a while .

Island Boy
02-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Yea MTV does suck!!!

Thats why I watch MTV2 when the rock stuff comes on including Headbangers Ball.

VH1 classic is also the best!!!!!!

Roguesgirl
02-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
How about SSTV for Stupid, Shitty TV?

:D

nosuchluck
02-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Empty V