PDA

View Full Version : Who shall I vote for today?

BigBadBrian
02-10-2004, 07:45 AM
My state's primary is today and I will vote. Who will it be for? Isn't it cool when someone who is not a Democrat (I'm an Independent that leans to the Right) gets a say in choosing a Democratic Candidate? You gotta love this country!!! God Bless America!!!!! :rockit:

FORD
02-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Well since you're likely to do the exact opposite of whatever I recommend.....

Vote for Judas! :D

Cathedral
02-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Be Fair, Be Balanced........

Write in George W. Bush and claim you are just predicting the future, lol.

But seriously, do what ya gotta do... ;)

knuckleboner
02-10-2004, 10:24 AM
techincally, BBB, the requirement is that you have to be open to voting for the candidate in the general election.

if you're 100% sure you're voting for the republican and nothing will change your mind, you're not supposed to vote in the democratic primary. it's the honor system...

on the other hand, if you're most likely going to vote republican in the general, but if your mind's not 100% made up, then by all means, go and vote for who you think is the best candidate of this particular bunch. the lines won't be long today.

i've got my sticker already...

BigBadBrian
02-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
techincally, BBB, the requirement is that you have to be open to voting for the candidate in the general election.

if you're 100% sure you're voting for the republican and nothing will change your mind, you're not supposed to vote in the democratic primary. it's the honor system...

I'm an Independent and I mean exactly that. My flag flies in nobody's yard in particular, and choosing a permanent team to root for in this political game is just madness. Remember, GWB wasn't my first choice as Republican candidate in 2000. My political views fit neither major political party perfectly. :gulp:

knuckleboner
02-10-2004, 02:31 PM
i know, bro. i wasn't calling you out. i was just re-iterating for everyone that the virginia democratic primary is open.

to be honest, i always question somebody who fits in with 100% of either parties' views.

i mean, there's only 1 guy on the planet who's views i agree with 100% of the time. that would be the ol' knuckleboner. and there are occasional times were even that's not the case...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-10-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm not going to bother until the general election here in VA...

This'll be the first time I vote in this state...

I technically had to change my home of record, PA, after I retired from the USN... Virginia state taxes, personal property taxes, you name it....

They have said on the early news here that the turnout is less than expected....

Osama Bin Laden
02-10-2004, 07:09 PM
I mailed my absentee ballot to Ollie North's house. I hope he turns it in by 8:00!

BTW, I voted for Kucinich :D

Guitar Shark
02-11-2004, 03:36 PM
So who did you end up voting for?

BigBadBrian
02-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
So who did you end up voting for?

It sure as hell wasn't Dean...it wasn't Kerry....and I didn't vote for Al Sharpton as a lark. That's all I'm saying. :gulp:

knuckleboner
02-11-2004, 06:39 PM
you voted for larouche?!?;)