PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Media Whores Bankrolling Judas IsKerryot!

FORD
02-10-2004, 09:24 AM
http://media.guardian.co.uk/city/story/0,7497,1144464,00.html

Media chiefs back Kerry campaign

Owen Gibson
Tuesday February 10, 2004

Kerry: media chiefs have pledged to raise between $50,000 and $100,000

Fresh from his latest win in Maine, the favourite to challenge George Bush for the US presidency has secured the financial support of some of the most powerful media moguls in the world.

As John Kerry's campaign to secure the Democrat nomination - and with it a crack at the White House - continues to gather pace, it has emerged that it is being bankrolled by key executives from News Corporation, MTV-owner Viacom and Sony.

The victory in Maine, Mr Kerry's 10th out of the 12 primaries in the opening weeks of the Democrat selection campaign, confirmed his position as overwhelming favourite to take on President Bush in November's presidential election.

Unsurprisingly, the donation from News Corp's boardroom came not from chairman Rupert Murdoch, a committed Republican, but from the company's chief operating officer, Peter Chernin.

Mr Chernin, one of Mr Murdoch's most trusted lieutenants, is among several media chiefs who have pledged to raise between $50,000 and $100,000 to support the Vietnam war veteran's
campaign for the White House.

Others who have pledged to raise more than $50,000 include the Viacom chief executive, Sumner Redstone, and Sony chairman Howard Stringer, whose name has recently been linked with the vacant chairmanships at ITV and the BBC.

Most of the money raised from these contributors will have to be raised through business associates, relatives and friends as individuals can only give a total of $4,000 each to presidential candidates - $2,000 during the primaries and another $2,000 during a general election.

US political commentators have speculated that Mr Kerry has enjoyed the support of the media community in an effort to head off the challenge of Howard Dean, who has fallen back in the race despite being the frontrunner before the primaries began. Mr Dean made statements last year about wanting to break up media conglomerates.

New figures compiled by the Federal Election Commission, correct up to the end of December 2003, show that Mr Chernin and the president of the Motion Picture Association of America, Jack Valenti, both gave the maximum $2,000 to Mr Kerry's campaign.

Mr Redstone gave $1,000 to Mr Kerry, $3,000 to the re-election bid of the senate minority leader, Tom Daschle, and $5,000 to the Democratic senatorial campaign committee. Mel Karmazin, the chief operating officer at Viacom, also gave $4,000 to Mr Daschle.

Mr Murdoch, meanwhile, contributed $2,000 to the re-election as senator of Republican John McCain, who is chairman of the influential senate commerce committee, which regulates the media.

Contributors to president George W Bush's re-election campaign included the Time Warner chief executive, Richard Parsons, who handed over $2,000, and the Clear Channel chief executive, Lowry Mays.

Other noteworthy media executives who contributed to party funds include the cable mogul and Liberty Media chief executive, John Malone, who gave $2,000 to the Republican National Committee last year, and Disney's under-fire chief executive Michael Eisner, who gave $5,000 to the National Republican Congressional Committee.

Just as I suspected - the Kerronation is rooted in the right wing machine. Can anyone deny that something is VERY fucking wrong with this picture?? :mad:

knuckleboner
02-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Just as I suspected - the Kerronation is rooted in the right wing machine. Can anyone deny that something is VERY fucking wrong with this picture?? :mad:

sure...large corporations OFTEN support both candidates. they usually give more money to one than the other, but the usually hedge their bets.

hell, i'll tell you the same thing happens at the local level. there are plenty of developers that donate money to both sides of a campaign.

that they are TRYING to buy influence is certain. but that fact alone, doesn't mean they got undue influence. (though, in some cases, no doubt, they do.)

FORD
02-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Sure, corporations are far too involved on both sides, and we can thank the DLC for that as well. But this is FAUX News, a decidedly right wing operation, deciding who the Democratic Nominee will be. That's a significant difference.

If Greenpeace, Amnesty International, and the ACLU had funded John McCain in 2000, the BCE would have been raising unholy Hell over it.

Osama Bin Laden
02-10-2004, 07:26 PM
And you infidels wonder why we call you the Great Satan :rolleyes:

ELVIS
02-11-2004, 08:04 AM
So who's your candidate FORD ??

Bush or Kerry ??

Hahahaha...:D

FORD
02-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
So who's your candidate FORD ??

Bush or Kerry ??

Hahahaha...:D

My candidate is still Dean :)

ELVIS
02-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Who ??

:elvis:

ELVIS
07-30-2004, 12:03 AM
*bump*

Big Train
07-30-2004, 03:09 AM
Of course it is Dean. Anyone who he can't be called on the carpet for come November. Ford, are you realizing that the democrats can't win, so you yourself are hedging your bet, "discovering" the truth about Kerry?

I have watched Kerry most of my life and I can tell you, he has little substance and goes always for the safe bet. I'm sure he is punching tickets for the Kerry Criminal Empire, or KCE (this is fun, wheeeeeeeee) as we speak. But I think Dubya has one more lap to run. I was completely unimpressed by his speech, his MTV generation weenbags (they had that shithead from Viacon, er MTV-although the M is pretty much gone)going off about how great Kerry the uniter is.

The bottom line is Kerry will never beat Dubya at his own game.

Sgt Schultz
07-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Sure, corporations are far too involved on both sides, and we can thank the DLC for that as well. But this is FAUX News, a decidedly right wing operation, deciding who the Democratic Nominee will be. That's a significant difference.

If Greenpeace, Amnesty International, and the ACLU had funded John McCain in 2000, the BCE would have been raising unholy Hell over it.

Get off this "FAUX News" crap. They are not right wing. The Left thought ABCNBCCBSCNNNEWYORKTIMESNEWSWEEKTIME were all fair and balanced for aaaaaallllllll those years. Well, they weren't. FOX has a centrist bent, and their commentators at night are a little more right wing. That's about it. Get over it.

FORD
07-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Of course it is Dean. Anyone who he can't be called on the carpet for come November. Ford, are you realizing that the democrats can't win, so you yourself are hedging your bet, "discovering" the truth about Kerry?

Maybe you should notice that this thread was 6 months old before jumping to conclusions ;)

ELVIS
07-30-2004, 09:43 AM
FOX leans a little to the right.. Not all of their content.. So what if they do...

It's been a long time a cummin'

:D

LMAO!

:elvis:

FORD
07-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
Get off this "FAUX News" crap. They are not right wing. The Left thought ABCNBCCBSCNNNEWYORKTIMESNEWSWEEKTIME were all fair and balanced for aaaaaallllllll those years. Well, they weren't. FOX has a centrist bent, and their commentators at night are a little more right wing. That's about it. Get over it.

If you think FAUX is "centrist" then you need to seek professional help. Not only are they extremely right wing, but the joke of convention coverage provided by MSRNC and the Corporatist News Network proves they have moved even further to the right. There are NO liberal networks. None. And that needs to change, for the good of the country.

Warham
07-30-2004, 09:55 AM
I dunno. Last night on CNN it looked like a circle jerk for Kerry between Wolf Blitzer and the other two or three he was talking to.

ELVIS
07-30-2004, 10:01 AM
No liberal networks ???

Sgt Schultz
07-30-2004, 10:09 AM
If you think FAUX is "centrist" then you need to seek professional help. Not only are they extremely right wing, but the joke of convention coverage provided by MSRNC and the Corporatist News Network proves they have moved even further to the right. There are NO liberal networks. None. And that needs to change, for the good of the country.

Well I guess there is no hope for you if you actually think the Clinton News Network and MSNBC lean to the right. Anyone with an objective eye knows that ABCNBCCBSCNN are all liberal networks.

I think I know what you mean though. I think you want a network that is as far left as The Nation or something akin to radical University newspapers like the Daily Cardinal (UW Madison).

ELVIS
07-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Schultz...

You gotta understand.. from FORD's twisted mental perspective, John Kerry leans to the right...