X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figs
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

The New Police?

In the tradition of diet Van Halen, diet Doors, diet Thin Lizzy, and diet Queen.......

Anyone hear this rumour? I heard it on a radio station but couldn't find anything credible on the web.

This quote is from a cached Melodic Crock webpage, which was about all I could find....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dubbed the New Police, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland are in the midst of reforming two-thirds of the once supergroup with bassist/singer Tony Lewis from another popular trio, The Outfield. Over the years much has been written about the similarities of the two groups, especially Lewis' dead-ringer voice for former Police singer/bassist, Sting.
  • DLR7884
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

DLR7884
    This shit with bands not fully reuniting is bullshit!
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

If this rumor is true, I'm disgusted. I can also bet a million it's not. Hell, STING doesn't want to reform the band...but even he's sounded more positive about it than the other two.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Re: The New Police?

Originally posted by Figs
        In the tradition of diet Van Halen, diet Doors, diet Thin Lizzy, and diet Queen.......

Anyone hear this rumour? I heard it on a radio station but couldn't find anything credible on the web.

This quote is from a cached Melodic Crock webpage, which was about all I could find....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dubbed the New Police, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland are in the midst of reforming two-thirds of the once supergroup with bassist/singer Tony Lewis from another popular trio, The Outfield. Over the years much has been written about the similarities of the two groups, especially Lewis' dead-ringer voice for former Police singer/bassist, Sting.
        Aww shit... this sucks...
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Figs
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

It's probably not true, just wondering if anyone else heard anything...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, the voice would fit..... but not much else. The Outfield didn't really sound much like the Police.

But it's a MelodiCrock rumor so my bullshit detector is already going off
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Well, the voice would fit..... but not much else. The Outfield didn't really sound much like the Police.

But it's a MelodiCrock rumor so my bullshit detector is already going off
              I just wanna use your voice, to-ni-i-eeee-ite!

Comment

• academic punk
                Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Guys -

Calm yourselves. There ain't no way this is true. None. Zip. Zilch. Maybe if they had said something like "dave matthews" will be fronting - or some huge modern name, but sting is still alive for starters, and WTF would Summers and Copeland want with a forgotten one-hit wonder like The Outfield???

Besides, I happen to know for a fact that Sumers and Copeland are working with the guy from the Hooters. AND IT FUCKIN' ROCKS!!!

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

And we danced!

Comment

• academic punk
                    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                    And we danced!
                    And We Danced was good, but most fans and critics agree that Hey, All You Zombies where the band really found thier sound and revolutionized the recording industry and rock music.

Without the Hooters, you would've never had Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Dwight Yoakam, etc.

Summers and Copeland are LUCKY this guy was available and willing to take part and help out in creating the most authentic Police reunion possible.

Without Sting.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Hooters 2 biggest hits were songs they didn't even sing on.

"Time After Time" (Cyndi Lauper)

"What If God Was One of Us" (Joan Osborne)

both written by Rob Hyman & Eric Bazillian of the Hooters. And I don't care what anybody says, I liked their first album. I think they should have stuck with the reggae thing that they did on "Zombies" and "Nervous Night". With both the Police and the Clash breaking up right around that time, there was an open market for "white guys who play reggae", and they fucked up big time by not cashing in. Yeah, there was UB40, but all they ever did was covers.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• monkeythe
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Apr 2004

I thought P Diddy was the new singer of the police.

Comment

• CVHfan
                          Roadie
                          • Nov 2004

Well, I heard that it came from melodicrock.com. Most of it is bullshit. They said that David Coverdale would be the next lead singer for VH. We all know that didn't happen. Hopefully this "Police" reunion won't happen.

Beyond that I say, please make it stop. How many more shells of former bands must we endure. The Doors? Queen? Lynyrd Skynyrd? etc.

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by monkeythe
                            HaHa.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by monkeythe
                              Stewart Copeland would never stoop that low.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...