PDA

View Full Version : A book about pot for kids

Steve Savicki
01-28-2005, 12:46 PM
http://www.justaplant.com/info/info.html

http://www.justaplant.com/faq/faq.html

How do you think parents and education should teach this?

ZahZoo
01-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Seems like a pretty stupid book to me... The bigger problem is most parents are afraid to actually parent their kids. Any parent who has kids in the 8-10 year old zone should take the time to educate their kids on drugs... then education should continue well into their teens and include regular open dialog on the subject. It may not 100% prevent your kid from trying drugs but at the least they will be informed with facts and have support to enable them to make intelligent decisions when faced with opportunities to experiment.

My 3 teenagers have been provided with this type of education and environment. We hear about what's happening with their friends and what drugs are making it around thier peer circles. They've even told us of arguements with friends who were less than educated on the subjects and my kids set them straight on the facts of drug abuse.

A good friend of ours came to us concerned that our son may be using drugs because he had told her son all about pot use in great detail. When we explained to her about teaching our kids about drugs and showed her some of the resources we used... she was blown away that we weren't worried about our kids trying it cause they new so much about it... That was a year & half ago... my kid is still clean and sober. Her's was arrested for DUI and marajuana possession 2 weeks ago...

lms2
01-28-2005, 03:28 PM
Have to agree with ZahZoo on this one.

There is nothing like communicating openly and honestly with your kids to get them to do the same with you.

Steve Savicki
01-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
The bigger problem is most parents are afraid to actually parent their kids.
Then what's the definition of the word "parent" then? :p

Coyote
01-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

Parent = person who gives financial support to his/her own child. and let's them watch whatever's on TV.

kentuckyklira
01-29-2005, 07:52 AM
I want cheaper cocaine!:cool:

ZahZoo
02-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

It's having the cajones to tackle tough subjects with your kids... talk to them... be a part of their lives... don't be afraid to say no and explain why. Take responsibility for them. Give them an environment of open communication and support so they grow up with some common sense and brains that function.

Of course if you have to ask...