PDA

View Full Version : Vintage PAF Pro sounding BASS pickups ...

Eyes of the Night
01-29-2005, 01:49 AM
Looking for just that ... anyone ... anyone ...

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:26 AM
What do you mean ??

Eyes of the Night
01-29-2005, 03:33 AM
Just a good solid rock pickup I guess ... no bells or whistles

Think Grunge Rock ... dropped D shit

BrownSound1
01-29-2005, 03:36 AM
For a bass?

Eyes of the Night
01-29-2005, 04:03 AM
What am I new or something? ... time to google I guess ...

Cato
01-29-2005, 04:04 AM
I guess...he is looking for a guitar pickup that sounds strong on the low keys.

Knucklebones
01-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Well, for one thing, you would want to stay away from these following manufacturers.

Seymour Duncan, Bill Lawrence, Dimarzio, and Dearmond. They make cheap overpriced shit.

The best pick-up that would be suited for what you are looking for, can only be found already in a guitar though. Just look around for "Rogue" guitars, and then, buy one. Take off the pickguard, snip off the pickup, then take it to a guitar repair person at your local shop, Pay him about $60 for him to put it in. However! Don't mention that it is a Rogue pick-up. Some stores have been known to switch them with similar looking Seymour Duncans, a much cheaper and shittier alternative. Just say that it's a Seymour DUncan Super Distortion.

Eyes of the Night
01-29-2005, 01:31 PM
See I don't know shit problem solved ... Good call though Knuckles thanks man ... his bass is 22 years old ... looks like we'll just use that one ... I think it's an Ibanez ...

BrownSound1
02-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Knucklebones
Well, for one thing, you would want to stay away from these following manufacturers.

Seymour Duncan, Bill Lawrence, Dimarzio, and Dearmond. They make cheap overpriced shit.

The best pick-up that would be suited for what you are looking for, can only be found already in a guitar though. Just look around for "Rogue" guitars, and then, buy one. Take off the pickguard, snip off the pickup, then take it to a guitar repair person at your local shop, Pay him about $60 for him to put it in. However! Don't mention that it is a Rogue pick-up. Some stores have been known to switch them with similar looking Seymour Duncans, a much cheaper and shittier alternative. Just say that it's a Seymour DUncan Super Distortion.

Rogue? you've got to be shitting me. Listen, I've played with just about every replacement brand you can pull out, and there is no way in hell that a cheap Korean made pickup is going to hang with a Duncan or DiMarzio. If anything a switch to a Duncan would be an UPGRADE from that piece of shit Rogue stuff. This is one of the funniest things I've ever heard out of anyone since I've been here. That's like saying you'd be better off playing through a Kustom brand amplifier rather than a classic Marshall.

GAR
02-01-2005, 04:44 PM
GOT to be putting us on..

The Scatologist
02-02-2005, 04:14 PM
um, don't listen to these two clowns eyes. Seymour Duncan's are shitty. Get a Rogue guitar.

Eyes of the Night
02-03-2005, 05:06 AM
Found out that it's a Yamaha bass ... what pickups are in yamaha? ...

The Scatologist
02-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Sucky ones. Get Rogue pick-ups

GAR
02-03-2005, 04:20 PM
What the fuck kind of fucking Chevy MOTOR is the-fuck under the fucking Chevy HOOD-fuck, of the fucking-aye Chevy PICKUP TRUCK you fucking drive your girlfreinds' illegitimate cross-eyed fucking kids to school in the bed thereof? A Chevy???

The answer is of course, Yamaha. Yamaha pickups are made for Yamaha by Yamaha.. installed by the best slanty-eyed Nipponese bastard techs that toxic island had to offer at the time your spankplank was birthed from.

BrownSound1
02-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
um, don't listen to these two clowns eyes. Seymour Duncan's are shitty. Get a Rogue guitar.

Scatologist...so that means you study shit? You're definitely full of it.

Buying a Rogue would be akin to drag racer buying a Yugo. Lay off the crack kid...we all know you don't know what in the hell you're talking about.

Eyes of the Night
02-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by GAR
What the fuck kind of fucking Chevy MOTOR is the-fuck under the fucking Chevy HOOD-fuck, of the fucking-aye Chevy PICKUP TRUCK you fucking drive your girlfreinds' illegitimate cross-eyed fucking kids to school in the bed thereof? A Chevy???

The answer is of course, Yamaha. Yamaha pickups are made for Yamaha by Yamaha.. installed by the best slanty-eyed Nipponese bastard techs that toxic island had to offer at the time your spankplank was birthed from.

Niice!!! ... I dunno what the fook to do ... thinking now of just renting for a day a kick ass million dollar bass ...

GAR
02-05-2005, 04:19 PM
- just to play bass?

Jack White of the White Stripes uses a Boss OC-2 Octaver for basslines.

You don't need a bass to record a bass. If you like your guitar and would rather use IT then you have that option available with an OC-2.

Or just get a Squier Pbass and have it routed for a humbucker, then put just about any "Gibson '57" PAF used, off ebay ($40).

It will work and sound great, if you really want a "paf for bass" sound. The metal cover will look fine on a cheap Pbass.

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Gar is right...

A cheap Squier with a good pickup sounds just as good as anything if you can play your way out of a paper bag...

I have great sought after bases, and I usually play my lefty Squire P-Bass Special with vintage reissue pickups...

I know I could probably get alot better tone with different pickups...

Sounds just fine as it is though...

Sounds like a Fender to me...

Eyes of the Night
02-07-2005, 06:19 AM
hmm ...