PDA

View Full Version : How bout this set list my friends?

Eruption
02-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Whats happening people? Give me some thoughts on my band ERUPTION's set list for this Saturday Night:

ROMEO DELIGHT
UNCHAINED
HOT FOR TEACHER
RUNNIN WITH THE DEVIL
SO THIS IS LOVE
JAMIES CRYIN'
THE FULL BUG
LIGHT UP THE SKY
SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR
DROP DEAD LEGS
PANAMA
MEAN STREET
ERUPTION
YOU REALLY GOT ME
AND THE CRADLE WILL ROCK
BEAUTIFUL GIRLS
I'M THE ONE
EVERYBODY WANTS SOME
ATOMIC PUNK
HEAR ABOUT IT LATER
OUTTA LOVE AGAIN
ICE CREAM MAN
BOTTOMS UP!
AINT TALKIN BOUT LOVE
1984/JUMP!

I'd kill to see Van Halen fronted by Roth doing the above set! If anybody is in Southern California - come on out and see Eruption this Saturday Night. Here are the details:
The Pitcher House
Valentines Day
Saturday 2/14
9:00
142 Pacific Coast Highway
Hermosa Beach
(310) 374-0626
www.pitcherhouse.com

knuckleboner
02-10-2004, 01:48 PM
i don't know, dude. you might want to think about adding a van halen song or 2 to your set...;)

list seems damn good. i don't know what your audience is, though. if they're hardcore fans, then i think romeo delight's a GREAT way to start off. if they're more casual, i'd probably switch it around the list with one of the more popular tunes like panama, or hot for teacher. either way, a lot of great tunes and a good mix of radio hits and great album cuts.

good luck with the gig!

Catfish
02-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Are you guys better than the Punks?

Eruption
02-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Knuckleboner:
Your right - there is a lot of tunes there! We usually open with Unchained and a couple of times have started with On Fire. This will be the first time doing Romeo to start it off (one of my favorites). We've toyed with opening with Hot For Teacher - a song everyone knows and it always brings the crowd to their knees!

Catfish:
Been asked that many times - and we're not better (how's that for honesty!) I believe our guitar player, drummer, bass player and back ground vocals are equal if not better. But Ralph who sings for the Punks is dead on. I think I'm pretty close to duplicating Roth but Ralph is the real deal, he's better live than Roth himself. Ralph has been doing the Punks gig for over 10 years while I have about 10 gigs under my belt.

Catfish
02-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Honesty appreciated. So now there's no way I'm showing. Just kidding. I'd like to, but if I take my old lady to see your band on Feb. 14th she'll be my ex old lady on Feb. 15th. You understand. Rock that motherfucker, bro!

Eruption
02-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Completely understand Bro! I have another gig that may interest you and it's helluva a lot closer to HB!
Friday March 5th
DiPiazza's in Long Beach

Catfish
02-10-2004, 02:27 PM
PM me to remind my ass, bro.

AndyChad
02-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Eruption....Why don't you bring the set over to England! could do with some fun back in music!!
Seems like an ideal VH set, but can you add In a Simple Rhyme?
Dunno, must be me, but it's a killer song.
Seeing DLR in a couple of weeks, you'll probably be as good!
Ooh, controversy.

Eruption
02-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey Man - I'm up for that and you cant go wrong with In a Simple Rhyme! I counted yesterday and we're about to about 35 songs we can play live and another 8-10 we're still working in rehearsal. That one is definitely coming up - I also want to do Secrets! Actually gonna play The Full Bug for the first time this Saturday (with the harmonica solo by yours truly!)

AndyChad
02-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Fuck me....Valentines Night!..You're going to be playing Dance the Night Away non stop!!!

Dave IS VH
02-11-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Eruption
Whats happening people? Give me some thoughts on my band ERUPTION's set list for this Saturday Night:

ROMEO DELIGHT
UNCHAINED
HOT FOR TEACHER
RUNNIN WITH THE DEVIL
SO THIS IS LOVE
JAMIES CRYIN'
THE FULL BUG
LIGHT UP THE SKY
SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR
DROP DEAD LEGS
PANAMA
MEAN STREET
ERUPTION
YOU REALLY GOT ME
AND THE CRADLE WILL ROCK
BEAUTIFUL GIRLS
I'M THE ONE
EVERYBODY WANTS SOME
ATOMIC PUNK
HEAR ABOUT IT LATER
OUTTA LOVE AGAIN
ICE CREAM MAN
BOTTOMS UP!
AINT TALKIN BOUT LOVE
1984/JUMP!

I'd kill to see Van Halen fronted by Roth doing the above set! If anybody is in Southern California - come on out and see Eruption this Saturday Night. Here are the details:
The Pitcher House
Valentines Day
Saturday 2/14
Hermosa Beach
(310) 374-0626
www.pitcherhouse.com

Are your guys, ever coming to MN?

Mr Badguy
02-11-2004, 06:38 AM
Where`s "I`ll wait"?

Eruption
02-11-2004, 11:28 AM
I'd love to come to MN - get us a gig dude! I think I'll Wait would be a good addition to a set - it was a hit!

Full Bug
02-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Sounds great, good luck!
The only tune I would get rid of is Jump, but thats just me.....

Eruption
02-11-2004, 04:16 PM
It is a pain in the ass because of the keyboard track - but all the poser fans love the tune.

Terry
02-11-2004, 05:18 PM

ROMEO DELIGHT
UNCHAINED
HOT FOR TEACHER
RUNNIN WITH THE DEVIL
SO THIS IS LOVE
JAMIES CRYIN'
THE FULL BUG
LIGHT UP THE SKY
SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR
DROP DEAD LEGS
PANAMA
MEAN STREET
ERUPTION
YOU REALLY GOT ME
AND THE CRADLE WILL ROCK
BEAUTIFUL GIRLS
I'M THE ONE
EVERYBODY WANTS SOME
ATOMIC PUNK
HEAR ABOUT IT LATER
OUTTA LOVE AGAIN
ICE CREAM MAN
BOTTOMS UP!
AINT TALKIN BOUT LOVE
1984/JUMP!

The Pitcher House
Valentines Day
Saturday 2/14
Hermosa Beach
(310) 374-0626
www.pitcherhouse.com

How about throwing Dirty Movies or Sinner's Swing on there in place of, say, Jump or Panama?

rustoffa
02-11-2004, 08:52 PM
I'd love to come to MN - get us a gig dude! I think I'll Wait would be a good addition to a set - it was a hit!
Bring it to Atlanta...the Punks never played here.There's a big music scene with alot of VH fans.I know a few bookers if you're interested.To put it mildly,people would check it out....nice setlist btw.

Eruption
02-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Atlanta would be a blast! That would be great if you could put us in touch with a few bookers out there - drop me an email or PM!

Rock on!

Polk High
02-13-2004, 09:41 AM
i would like to see ed try to play a stevie via song

Orgazmo
02-13-2004, 05:53 PM

I can get you a gig in Iowa if you're interested? The set lists looks awesome. Hermosa Beach, home of Pennywise, one of my favorite punk bands.