PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh: Illegal immigration threatens Sovereignty, GOP Coalition, & Wages

Vivian Campbell
01-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Transcript of Rush Limbaugh's Friday show. Hey neo-cons, are you going to call Rush a regressive bigot as well? Bwahahaha!

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

And as I look out there across the great wide spectrum that is this country and its electoral politics, you look at things -- realistically here, not looking for negativism, just looking realistically, things --- that might present a problem to the good guys, the conservatives, the Republicans in all this. And to me, there's one issue out there -- well, maybe two. Spending. This is something and I'm glad to see the president finally trying to get hold of it, but there's one real issue here that could break up the so-called Republican-conservative coalition, and that is immigration.

If something is not done, my friends, it simply is untenable. We cannot maintain our sovereignty without securing and protecting our borders. We simply can't. Not in an era where terrorists around the world seek entry to this country to attack from within. It is simply something -- you know, all these arguments that we've heard, "Well, you got to let immigrants in because they'll do jobs that the American people don't want to do," and there was a time I believed that. There was a time economically that that was persuasive with me. But I think it's gotten to the point here where it runs the risk of defining downward a whole lot of pay scales on different jobs simply because we'll let people who will do it for next to nothing into the country do it, then it ends up depressing various pay scales or can if something's not done about this. There were two things recently that sent me to this. I've got one of them in my hand here. The other one, we laughed about it, but when the story cleared the wires that these 30 Hollywood people, these actors, writers and producers, tried to make the case that illegals ought to be given driver's licenses. What good are our laws? If we're going to send people to jail for avoiding taxes, for breaking the law, whatever we send them to jail for, why don't we look askance at people violating immigration law? And say, "Well, there's nothing we can do about it. We're just going to grant them temporary status and give them a chance to be good citizens and eventually become full-fledged."

You see, these Hollywood people out there, they would revolt, they would literally revolt if the immigrants became camera operators and writers and producers for two bucks an hour. They wouldn't put up with that for a minute, or actors for minimum wage, but let them come in as caterers and limo drivers and nannies or whatever else the Hollywood people want them for and then it's perfectly fine for them to be illegal.

Now, get this story. This story comes today from the San Francisco Chronicle. At least that's where I found it. "Foreign Secretary Says Mexico May Ask International Courts to Block Proposition 200 -- Mexico may turn to international courts in efforts to block a new Arizona law limiting services to undocumented aliens, said Mexican foreign secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez. He said this on Wednesday on an interview on W radio, that Mexico might take such a step after it's exhausted all possibilities under US law to halt Prop 200." Now, these are not the first of these kinds of stories. It's just the latest, where the Mexican government is attacking the United States for enforcing our own immigration laws against its illegal citizens, entering our country illegally.

"Mexico's foreign department lawmakers have repeatedly complained about Prop 200 which took effect this week. It requires proof of citizenship to vote or to receive state benefits and Mexico is demanding that international courts overturn this." Mexico is essentially sending illegal citizens, its own citizens, to this country illegally and now attempting, through international courts, to stop us from enforcing our own laws!

Now, I'm going to tell you something, folks. This issue, if not handled properly by this administration, it could be the issue that severs the existing Republican coalition and could see to it to create the rise of a new Perot or somebody, where a president only needs to get 43% of the vote to win, a'la Bill Clinton, because some of the Republican coalition breaks away and votes for the newcomer. This is the issue that could cause that to happen if they're not careful.

END TRANSCRIPT

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
Transcript of Rush Limbaugh's Friday show. Hey neo-cons, are you going to call Rush a regressive bigot as well? Bwahahaha!

No, idiot!

If you would read this forum, as opposed to randomly starting a thread here and there, you would find that we are all against illegal immigration, and are on the side of Rush on this issue.

Most conservatives in the media from Hannity to Michael Savage (Borders, Language, Culture) are against this...

Wake up!

I agree. The Bush administration, for one reason or another, is in bed with Mexico...

Vivian Campbell
01-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
No, idiot!

If you would read this forum, as opposed to randomly starting a thread here and there, you would find that we are all against illegal immigration, and are on the side of Rush on this issue.

Most conservatives in the media from Hannity to Michael Savage (Borders, Language, Culture) are against this...

Wake up!

I agree. The Bush administration, for one reason or another, is in bed with Mexico...

Hey Elvis, cool down. There is a vocal minority in the Conservative movement who are FOR President Bush's plan. They range from big business conservatives to neo-cons from the Weekly Standard. Like wise, BIG TRAIN, a conservative, is for this scheme. Get your head out of the toilet before you jump all over a comrade in arms.

To me this is news worthy because this is Rush's strongest condemnation of the amnesty plan in a long time. I'm sick and tired of neocons calling people who want regulated immigration "nativists," "bigots," and "hicks." I would love to see these fake conservatives attempt to bash the greatest conservative of all - Rush Limbaugh. I wouldn't be shocked if they did. They have no problem attacking everyone else in the movement.

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:47 PM
I take my tone back!

Nice post...;)

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Is that true, Big train ??

Vivian Campbell
01-29-2005, 02:50 PM
I take my tone back!

Nice post...;)

No harm, no foul. :cool:

FORD
01-29-2005, 03:12 PM
"Well, you got to let immigrants in because they'll do jobs that the American people don't want to do," and there was a time I believed that. There was a time economically that that was persuasive with me......

.....but then my Mexican housekeeper, whom I paid $3.00 an hour, ratted me out to the cops for my illegal oxycontin abuse. We simply can't have that in this country, folks........

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Was she illegal ??

Vivian Campbell
01-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Was she illegal ??

I've heard nothing of that nature. If that were the case it would have been revealed by the media. How could they pass up that tasty pile on.

Wayne L.
01-29-2005, 03:41 PM
All illegal immigrants should be deported out of the U. S. at this moment instead of getting a free ride by both political parties.

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 03:43 PM
I've heard nothing of that nature. If that were the case it would have been revealed by the media. How could they pass up that tasty pile on.

That's how FORD operates...

SPIN

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
All illegal immigrants should be deported out of the U. S. at this moment instead of getting a free ride by both political parties.

So should retarded bumkins that can't punctuate properly. Wayne, you are a fucking retard. Shut up!

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 04:38 PM
That's how FORD operates...

SPIN

Yeah right ELVIS, and you believe an ass that once said all drug users should be put in camps! Does anyone take this fool seriously?

After all, who will pick his "cabbage.":rolleyes:

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Hmmm...

Do you think he chose to be addicted ??

FORD
01-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Hmmm...

He chose to remain an addict at the very least. At one point in time, his drugs were legally prescribed by a doctor. At the point that prescription expired, Limbaugh should have notified his doctor if he was either 1) still in pain or 2) thought he was addicted to the drugs. Being a wealthy man, he could have easily afforded whatever solution the doctor recommended.

Instead he chose to buy his drugs illegally from criminals in the street like the common junkies that he bitched about on his show.

When Jerry Garcia died, that fucking windbag called him "just another drug addict". Well at least Jerry died of a heart attack, in a rehab facility, after cleaning his body of poison. Limbaugh was in all probability high when he made that pathetic comment. As well as the time that he said the rich white drug users should be locked up in prison right next to the poor black drug users. Funny how I don't remember him spending one night behind bars.

Vivian Campbell
01-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Ford and Nick, what are your thoughts on his POLITICAL analysis of the illegal immigrint situation?

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Hmmm...

No, but he chose to be a self-righteous, pompous hypocrite.

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by FORD
He chose to remain an addict at the very least. At one point in time, his drugs were legally prescribed by a doctor. At the point that prescription expired, Limbaugh should have notified his doctor if he was either 1) still in pain or 2) thought he was addicted to the drugs. Being a wealthy man, he could have easily afforded whatever solution the doctor recommended.

Instead he chose to buy his drugs illegally from criminals in the street like the common junkies that he bitched about on his show.

When Jerry Garcia died, that fucking windbag called him "just another drug addict". Well at least Jerry died of a heart attack, in a rehab facility, after cleaning his body of poison. Limbaugh was in all probability high when he made that pathetic comment. As well as the time that he said the rich white drug users should be locked up in prison right next to the poor black drug users. Funny how I don't remember him spending one night behind bars.

Well, as a former addict who voluntered myself to 38 days of rehab and still failed to stay clean, I can honestly testify that it is tough to change...

But, I finally did it, as I believe Rush also has...

Sure, he made mistakes, as all of us has...

Yes FORD, we're all aware that you are free of any wrong doing, sin, or mistake...

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Ford and Nick, what are your thoughts on his POLITICAL analysis of the illegal immigrint situation?

I'll get back to you.

FORD
01-29-2005, 07:41 PM

I'd say Mush is a little late. A lot of his fan base has been pissed off about this issue for a long time. The BCE's response of opening the southern border even wider under the supposed threat of a terrorist attack can't possibly be seen as a good move by anyone with half a brain (on oxycontin or otherwise)

And it ain't just the Republicans who are noticing. Tell me where is the logic in sending 80% of our military to a country that was NEVER a threat to us, while leaving our own borders unsecured. And make no mistake, the southern border is far more dangerous because of the corruption in the Mexican government and those further south. Canada might have a few security holes, but at least they would be willing to work with us. Not Bush Jr maybe, but America overall.

academic punk
01-29-2005, 07:41 PM
.....but then my Mexican housekeeper, whom I paid $3.00 an hour, ratted me out to the cops for my illegal oxycontin abuse. We simply can't have that in this country, folks........

LOL! Say what you will about FORD, this is a dandy insight.

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 07:42 PM

They won't answer...

They just cloud the issue...

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 07:45 PM
I'd say Mush is a little late. A lot of his fan base has been pissed off about this issue for a long time.

Funny for you to say such a thing, considering that you claim to NEVER listen to Rush...

academic punk
01-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I'll get back to you.

Well, as a former addict who voluntered myself to 38 days of rehab and still failed to stay clean, I can honestly testify that it is tough to change...

But, I finally did it, as I believe Rush also has...

Sure, he made mistakes, as all of us has...

Yes FORD, we're all aware that you are free of any wrong doing, sin, or mistake...

The difference, Elvis, is that Rush was in a position of responsibility and authority. He took the opportunity he had (and the attending audience) to stake out a hard-line on the issue of drug abuse.

Were his words at the time just window-dressing, purely for the ratings, while his actions rested in complete contradiction? If that's the case, he's not worthy of his audience.

Was he subconsciously revealing a level of self-loathing for his condition by saying I hate all drug-users, while all along being a RAGING addict? (How much oxycontin was he taking a day? It was huge. Have you ever been as high as Rush? NO YOU HAVEN'T. You have neither the money nor the constitution for it.) If this is what was happening, then he's not worthy of his microphone at all.

and plus, come on, in his position, to give himself vulnerability to his MAID???

Because he had FIRST-HAND knowledge of the tragedies and the sufferings of drug addicts, he could have used his forum (of incredible influence) in a more constructive, less simple-minded manner, and HELPED bring LIGHT to the issue rather than getting his audience to reflexivley say, "Yeah! Ditto! Screw them!"

Then again, I have seen plenty of people who are INCREDIBLY talented at mapping out PERFECT plans for other people, but are profoundly incapable of accomplishing these things themselves or in their own lives...

In terms of the original forum for the thread, this brings up Lou Dobbs once again. The anchor for CNN (and, relevantly, author of Exporting America) has been called all sorts of things by the far right for reporting (god forbid...a reporter...reporting!) on the issue of illegal immigration and american businesses taking their factories and jobs to foreign countries. Dobbs is a life-long republican who was long considered a bad match for CNN since he wasn't a "liberal", and then for simply reporting on a COMMON SENSE issue he lost his luster with his own party.

Then again, I watch and read as much Dobbs as I can, because he does continue to pursue these things. A great reporter is a newsman first, second, and third, and a republican and/or democrat a distant fourth.

FORD
01-29-2005, 07:59 PM

When did I ever say that?

I just can't stomach the hypocrisy of the man - or most of his fan base for that matter - whose entire outlook on drug addiction and how to deal with drug addicts suddenly changed when Mush's little secret went public.

I'm not an addict myself, but I've certainly known my share of addicts. Potheads, alcoholics, tweakers, even a few junkies. The reason I'm not an addict is not because I'm superior to other life forms, but because I've seen how addicition works, so I don't allow myself to get into those patterns.

I'm sure you will agree, Elvis, that addicts are often trying to self-medicate for a pain that is not physical, in nature, but mental and/or spiritual. And while such self medication might alleviate the symptoms, it doesn't cure the problem. So the self-medication continues and then becomes addiction.

It's no surprise that one of the first things they tell you in any 12 step group is about a "higher power" and the Serenity Prayer. They don't specify that you contact JC, or Buddha, or Vishnu or Spongebob Queerpants, just that you realize that you need a spiritual healing apart from ceasing the chemical abuse itself.

Oddly enough, the only recovered addicts I know that have been successful in the long term are the ones who di d embrace a spiritual path. Some in Christianity, others in Native American spirituality

And it would appear, Elvis, that you chose that way out yourself. Good for you, as long as you remember the teachings of JC are the real fundamentals of Christianity.

Now Mush Limpdick, on the other hand, is just as vile and hateful as he ever was, so it doesn't seem like he's had any life changing experiences at all, though obviously I'm not able to say whether he's "using" or not.

academic punk
01-29-2005, 08:06 PM

Oddly enough, the only recovered addicts I know that have been successful in the long term are the ones who di d embrace a spiritual path. Some in Christianity, others in Native American spirituality

Not true from my circle. I've known PLENTY who fell off the wagon while pursuing the path of higher power. and others, who still congregated in support groups (or, come to think of it, with simply seeing a shrink), but whose focus was "I, me, the things I love and my best intentions are my higher power. I can't see how somone else is going to fix me. I'm going to have to do it myself, each and every day."

oh, blahblahblah...

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 08:07 PM
And it would appear, Elvis, that you chose that way out yourself. Good for you, as long as you remember the teachings of JC are the real fundamentals of Christianity.

Absolutely, and in no way am I ashamed to say so...

But...

Mr. Limbaugh laid everything on the line, on air, and I believe him to be sincere...

I hope and believe his addictions are behind him...

academic punk
01-29-2005, 08:11 PM
But that's the question, El. Does (or should) Limbaugh have any credibility, after saying what he has in the past, whilst his actions were the comlplete opposite?

He's displayed from past actions that he can talk the talk while completely failing to walk the walk. Should he still have a public forum while betraying his public's and audience's trust?

(and moreso, would you be so forgiving of him if he were someone who caused you tremendous financial loss by his actions?)

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
But that's the question, El. Does (or should) Limbaugh have any credibility, after saying what he has in the past, whilst his actions were the comlplete opposite?

Yes...

The past is the past, and I feel he has adressed his past...

I do agree that he should address his past words regarding drug addicts...

Hopefully, in the future, he will...

academic punk
01-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Think of it from this angle:

he made HUGE, wide-screen, sweeping generalisation statements on an issue that he FIRST-HAND was at the very time he was making these statements was realizing wasn't so simple.

You yourself say you've been through rehab. Pretend for a moment that Rush had - before he was busted - actually presented the issue as complex, difficult, layered. Potenitally, the audience would have a) become more sophisticated in their thinking, and b) come to a conclusion of "these are people who need HELP, not PUNISHMENT. I'm not going to support IMPRISONMENT and CRIMINAL RECORDS for people who in actual fact already have enough problems. It would be better for them and SOCIETY AS A WHOLE if we made it as easy as possible for these people to get back in the workforce, and become productive, useful, esteemed members of society.

Your own situation could be potentially INCREDIBLY different Elvis if Rush was more honest and his audience more informed

academic punk
01-29-2005, 08:27 PM
p.s. think there's any way Rush wouldn't be in jail right now if he wasn't in the tax bracket he's in, and able to afford the legal expertise he did?

The justice system - to a great degree - is as much an industry as Nabisco or Gillette.

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 08:39 PM
I disagree...

There is no way that Rush could have presented addiction in the way you have laid it out before he was stopped...

Should he have discussed it more, yes...

I am very much for treatment, as opposed to long term jail time, and many communities are considering such options...

Here in Lafourche parish, LA, there is a program called Drug Court...

A couple of my friends have been successful in it, many have not...

I believe success depends on how serious you approach your own life, higher power, or not...

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 08:40 PM
p.s. think there's any way Rush wouldn't be in jail right now if he wasn't in the tax bracket he's in, and able to afford the legal expertise he did?

I don't know about that...

academic punk
01-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Don't be surprised if Drug Court and others like it closes down in the next few years.

A report that was released a few months back concluded that jail time is more effective at preventing relapses and repeat drug offenders than rehabs.

NOw, whether that's a matter of how the current rehab structure is constructed, and refining it is another question.

And it's EXACTLY the sort of layered, nuanced topic that someone like Rush should be addressing, rather than some simple-minded "duh, lock 'em all up and throw away the key."

academic punk
01-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Dude, even Keith Richards bought himself out of a jail sentence back in '78 from his Toronto bust.

I'm not even addressing the celebrity matter here. I'm talking about money and how it can buy better legal counsel. I don't know from Louisiana, but here in NY, I would sooner jump out of a window into a sea of pirahna than be represented by a public defender.

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Rush has not been taking such a stance...

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 08:48 PM
I would sooner jump out of a window into a sea of pirahna than be represented by a public defender.

I recently tried to get that idea across to a friend of mine who was facing drug charges here...

he didn't listen...

He lost!

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I agree that Rush raises some good points here. We do need better mechanisms of control and security at the border. But if you are trying to imply that the possibility of ABSOLUTE control exists, you're wrong. We cannot merely station Army divisions on the Rio Grande and think this will eliminate all security problems.

The fact is that we need a strong, stable Mexico. You see them as parasitic whereas I see them as symbiotic and essential to our economy and security in the long run. I certainly oppose any Mexican encroachment on our sovereignty, but then again, I am quite sure we pressure Mexico to do things that is against its interests as well. I mean after all, all those illegal immigrants picking our crops can always stay in Mexico and grow drugs or become Marxist rebels.

Also, why does Rush single out Hollywood elitests when his primary beef is with the Administration he so fawns over? And how many facts does Rush alter in this one? What has he quoted out of context for shock value?

academic punk
01-29-2005, 08:55 PM
why am I not shocked...

Not only are PDs pretty much incompetent, but they are also trying to get (or stay) in good graces with the other lawyers and the judges.

Why?

Because they're hoping to get a job! what do they give a shit about you (or whoever), who they're never going to see again, compared to people who they hope will be future amployers, associates, peers, etc.

academic punk
01-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Rush has not been taking such a stance...

Well, not lately (read: ever since his bust), but that was pretty much his stance once upon a time not too long ago...

blueturk
01-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Is Elvis tolerant of Rush's drug abuse because of his namesake's fondness for prescription drugs? One of the bad things about Rush is that his high-profile condemnation of drug abusers and subsequent oxycontin debacle helps make it harder for those who really need the drug to get it. Doctors are more and more hesitant to prescribe oxycontin for those in extreme pain because of abuse headlines.And Rush didn't help.

Nickdfresh
01-30-2005, 08:49 AM
why am I not shocked...

Not only are PDs pretty much incompetent, but they are also trying to get (or stay) in good graces with the other lawyers and the judges.

Why?

Because they're hoping to get a job! what do they give a shit about you (or whoever), who they're never going to see again, compared to people who they hope will be future amployers, associates, peers, etc.

You hear horror stories about PD's falling asleep during a trial or showing up drunk. It does sound pretty horrible, low rent lawyers that can't get or hold a real job seems to be the problem, but aren't some PD's just young inexperienced, but potentially competent, lawyers?

Oh yeah, and law guardians, oh my God SOME can be the scum of the earth.

Big Train
01-30-2005, 01:26 PM
There is a vocal minority in the Conservative movement who are FOR President Bush's plan. They range from big business conservatives to neo-cons from the Weekly Standard. Like wise, BIG TRAIN, a conservative, is for this scheme.

To me this is news worthy because this is Rush's strongest condemnation of the amnesty plan in a long time. I'm sick and tired of neocons calling people who want regulated immigration "nativists," "bigots," and "hicks." I would love to see these fake conservatives attempt to bash the greatest conservative of all - Rush Limbaugh. I wouldn't be shocked if they did. They have no problem attacking everyone else in the movement.

WHO THE FUCK EVER said I was for it? You obviously have never read my posts on this subject, you just skim for a sec and respond. I DEFY you to look at my posts and tell me where I ever said I was for Driver's licenses or amnesty.

Don't get me started on Rush, the "greatest" of us all.

It is very much racist, as they are focused primarily on Mexicans. Folks, the northern border is just as wide open. There are all sorts of Euros coming here too nobody is trying to toss out. There are asians who land at LAX every day to have their baby, then file for Immigration hardship. Not a word about that from the worlds "greatest" conservative.

For the record, so Vivian can understand, I am against flat out against amnesty and the Bush plan. Immigration needs to be better controlled yes. However, much more pressure needs to be put on the mexican government to get their house in order, which will lessen the pressure on those who feel they HAVE to come here to feed their families. A stable and healthy mexican economy will help our borders, not more agents with guns. A million agents working a million hours on those borders would not catch them all, so it is a pointless and fruitless way to approach it. Cut down the number of people coming and the problem becomes more manageable.

On the subject of driver's licenses, it is a stupid political trick the Latino leadership in California are attempting to make it seem like they are for their raza. It disgusts me to see them pimp out their own people. I am against it, have protested against them and have called them on it to their faces. The only thing a driver's license does it get them deported even quicker as it is color coded to indicate your status. Their is no amnesty involved. If a cop pulls you over and sees it on your ID and has the inclination, INS sends the van for your ass. So exactly how is it improving their lives? It's stupid at best.

Hollywood has some idiots, as someone who lives here, I'd be the first to agree. However, a lot of conservatives are morons too on this issue.

Big Train
01-31-2005, 07:07 PM
bump....

FORD
01-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Anybody's whose seen the godawful ties Mush designed should have known he was on drugs. (see the picture above for an example)

Vivian Campbell
02-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Did I mention drivers licenses in my second post? I Don't recall I did. Train, you support the basic spirit behind the Bush amnesty program - the total break down of our sovereignty through the massive influx of millions of uneducated, poor, disease ridden Mexicans. If we give any nod to the Mexican people, either through amnesty or any kind of guest worker program, the result will be anarchy in the streets, bankrupt State treasuries, and a collapse of the wage structure of our economy.

Anyone who clutches to the race card usually doesn't have an intellectual leg to stand on. I focus on Mexicans because they are the main offenders. I believe we should prevent illegal immigration from Europe, Asia, Africa, South/Central America and the Carribean. I would especially like to see any Cuban on a raft sent back to Castro's "paradise." Too many people have died to create a quality of life that we take for granted. We shouldn't allow it to be destroyed by uneducated foreigners who refuse to affect change in their own country. The World can keep its tired and its poor. I prefer to have college educated, legal, immigrants - regardless of their race and ethnicity.

Big Train
02-01-2005, 03:03 AM
Vivian,

I have no idea how much more I can break it down for you in plain English: I DO NOT SUPPORT THE BUSH PLAN. Not in spirit, intent or deed.

Tell me where I said I support a massive influx of immigrants? That's right, I didn't. I mention licenses because it is part of the guest worker proposals that AGAIN I am against. Choose to ignore what I am saying, but don't be retarded by following it up with a stupid statement that I don't have a leg to stand on. Trying to be Rambo at the southern border is the height of such stupidity.

You prefer Euros is really what your driving at. Merely mentioning other ethnicities throws people into a tizzy: it's the mexicans, the dirty mexicans. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that they are a huge group of people coming here, and I'll say it yet AGAIN and s-l-o-w-l-y for you, they should not be here. I'm just saying let's be equally as tough on everyone, then I feel it's a bit less racist. Go as hard on the German immigrants in the shelter downtown as you do Mexicans at the gas stations. Thus far, I have not seen or heard much on that front from anyone of prominence. Wouldn't want to offend your backer's homeland's. Necons love their Lexus and BMW's...

ODShowtime
02-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Man did I see a lot of Mexicans this weekend.

Vivian Campbell
02-02-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Vivian,

Trying to be Rambo at the southern border is the height of such stupidity.

What is this solution, Train? By not putting troops on the border, it is a de-facto endorsement of illegal immigration. Ultimately, if our laws our disobeyed, we must enforce them with the necessary level of force. We are in a War on Terror, the border must be protected by our military in order to stop the Islamic terrorists who want to kill us.

A security wall and military protection has worked tremendously in Israel, it will do wonders here.

FORD
02-02-2005, 09:06 AM

A security wall and military protection has worked tremendously in Israel, it will do wonders here.

Following the Likud example (and hiring Likud agents for a pResidential cabinet) is how we got in a so-called war on terror in the first place.

Big Train
02-02-2005, 12:04 PM
What is this solution, Train? By not putting troops on the border, it is a de-facto endorsement of illegal immigration. Ultimately, if our laws our disobeyed, we must enforce them with the necessary level of force. We are in a War on Terror, the border must be protected by our military in order to stop the Islamic terrorists who want to kill us.

Why the fuck do you chose not to listen? I've already told you several times now what I think the solutions are. You seem to hear what you want. Aggression is not what's called for here, although you don't seem to get it. Even if you feel it MUST be done, don't you understand it CAN't be done? Putting every solider and reservist on every inch on all of our borders (I'll assume you would not be as dumb as to leave the northern border-this is about not letting in terrorists right?), you still would not be able to stop the flow of everyone who wants to be here.

The solution is economic, not martial.

Nickdfresh
02-02-2005, 12:55 PM

A ridiculous analogy, last time I checked, Mexicans are not suicide bombers, nor can scale of the projects be analogously compared since the Texas, NM, and Arizona borders are far too expansive. Also, Israel has only a small agricultural out put, so their need for Palestinian workers is not nearly as great. A wall could be easily breeched at various points and no doubt would be, so it would only slow things down at best.

Secondly, as I stated before, and no one ever addresses it, Mexico and the U.S. have a symbiotic relationship that is mutually beneficial. Shutting down the border totally would further the destabilization of Mexico and possibly cause problems to our national security in the long run. For instance, drug trafficking and perpetual hostility that could lead to terrorism in the future, not originating from the middle east, from South America. We could slow down the number of people, but we cannot stop the drugs as it is. Think about it.

Pontius Pilate
02-02-2005, 01:04 PM
The solution is economic, not martial.

Students, this is code word for welfare scheme. Lord Train has in his mind some variation of income redistribution. Whether it be allowing Mexicans to rip away jobs from Americans and sending the dollars back to Mexico or some form of foreign aid that will help that corrupt wasteland build a YMCA and operate a midnight basketball league.

Lord Train, when theft in rampant in your town, do you suggest an economic solution? Perhaps, you think the cops should talk to criminals about job opportunities at the local McDonalds instead of arresting them.

Putting every solider and reservist on every inch on all of our borders (I'll assume you would not be as dumb as to leave the northern border-this is about not letting in terrorists right?), you still would not be able to stop the flow of everyone who wants to be here.

Dear Train, you seek to put America in a fetal position on this issue. We shall not be cowards in the face of the greatest threat this nation has ever faced. Let us march to the border with bricks in hand and build a barbed wire laced wall on every single inch of that border. Neither villain, nor vagrant shall pass this line!

the northern border-this is about not letting in terrorists right?), you still would not be able to stop the flow of everyone who wants to be here.

Success is not gauged by perfection. There must be a marked decrease.

And one more thing, don't compare educated and refined Europeans, Japanese, and Canadians with third world peasants who haven't contributed one red cent to civilization. If they want a job, create one. If they want a clean democracy, overthrow Fox. But, don't come onto my door step and defecate on it.

America Uber Alles!

Pontius Pilate
02-02-2005, 01:09 PM
I would like to add that I am heartened by Mr. Limbaugh’s courageous speech against illegal immigration. He has finally joined the ranks of fine patriots such as Michael Savage and Pat Buchanan on this issue. Hooray! I say!

Those who deflect this issue with sinister insults about his addiction to LEGALIZED drugs should be ashamed at their utter lack of compassion. I thought liberals were in league with the addict? Hasn’t Rush fulfilled the liberal requirement of seeking rehab care? Is this not enough for your black hearts? In the future, please be supportive of this man and people like him.

Big Train
02-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Pontius Pilate
Students, this is code word for welfare scheme. Lord Train has in his mind some variation of income redistribution. Whether it be allowing Mexicans to rip away jobs from Americans and sending the dollars back to Mexico or some form of foreign aid that will help that corrupt wasteland build a YMCA and operate a midnight basketball league.

Lord Train, when theft in rampant in your town, do you suggest an economic solution? Perhaps, you think the cops should talk to criminals about job opportunities at the local McDonalds instead of arresting them.

Dear Train, you seek to put America in a fetal position on this issue. We shall not be cowards in the face of the greatest threat this nation has ever faced. Let us march to the border with bricks in hand and build a barbed wire laced wall on every single inch of that border. Neither villain, nor vagrant shall pass this line!

Success is not gauged by perfection. There must be a marked decrease.

And one more thing, don't compare educated and refined Europeans, Japanese, and Canadians with third world peasants who haven't contributed one red cent to civilization. If they want a job, create one. If they want a clean democracy, overthrow Fox. But, don't come onto my door step and defecate on it.

America Uber Alles!

MAN, where does one start with all this? Yes, economic pressure to "assist" mexico in getting there house in order, is in order. This is not a "welfare" state program. In fact, I would advocate the opposite. Forcing reforms through withholding certain forms of aid. But I suppose you "know my code"...

Lord Pilate, I live in LA, on the east side. I'm surronded by Mexicans. I can tell you I've not been robbed, shot or even looked at sideways. I am a well off white male, I thank you. I think your fears of the brown man are highly exaggerated. I suggest you spend some time with them, you know actual people, as opposed to the stereotypes your accustomed to from your television receiver in the burbs.

I'm not seeking to put America in the "fetal position" and I challenge you to explain to me how I am. I am calling for realisitic and practical solutions to the problems, not the feel good "put more rednecks with guns on patrol" so many advocate which solves nothing. The martial option is not even PHYSCIALLY possible, so how can you advocate it?

Your last paragraph is to racist to even justify with a response. Just make sure the eyeslits in your hood face forward, so you can see where your going at your next rally..

Vivian Campbell
02-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
A ridiculous analogy, last time I checked, Mexicans are not suicide bombers,

Do you really think Mexicans are the only people sneaking over the border?

Nickdfresh
02-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Do you really think Mexicans are the only people sneaking over the border?

No, Chinese and asians sneak in through ports all the time, anyone for militarizing the ports of LA, Boston, or New York City? They're probably a far more likely 'port of entry' for potential terrorists.

GAR
02-02-2005, 06:01 PM
We should just fund a study on why the government isn't fucking deporting all these wetbacks and chinks. I think it's collusion and somebody's got to pay the price: namely the Chinks and Vicente Fox

Loki
02-03-2005, 01:03 AM
"What good are our laws? If we're going to send people to jail for avoiding taxes, for breaking the law, whatever we send them to jail for,....."
haw haw. like illegally buying prescription drugs? hath this blowhard been brought to justice? nay.
thine bloated gilded calf hath spoken, out of both sides of his mouth. again. fools and braggarts. huzzah.