PDA

View Full Version : Santana to do new album

CVHfan
01-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Santana To Release New Album In The Spring; Getting 'Icon' Award

01/25/2005 7:00 PM, LAUNCH
LAUNCH Radio Networks

It looks like the wait for a new Santana album is just about over. A post on the official santana.com website reads, "Since the spring of 2004, Santana has been in the studio working on a new album, due out in spring of 2005. The album has some amazing Santana Band songs and some tight collaborations with guest artists that you will surely hear on your favorite radio stations this summer." There's no word on who those guests might be, but on his last two albums--1999's Supernatural and 2002's Shaman--featured appearances by Eric Clapton, Dave Matthews, Lauryn Hill, Rob Thomas, Michelle Branch, Macy Gray, and Chad Kroeger, among many others.

Santana's got a few dates scheduled for April in Puerto Rico; Panama; Costa Rica; and El Salvador. There are also plans for North American shows, but those haven't been announced yet.

Carlos Santana will be honored as the BMI Icon at the 12th Annual BMI Latin Awards at the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas on April 21. The award is given to a songwriter who's had a "unique and indelible influence on generations of music makers," and Santana is the first person to be so honored at the Latin Awards. Previous BMI Icons have included Van Morrison, Chuck Berry, and Brian Wilson, among others.

At the awards presentation, the music performing rights organization BMI will recognize the people behind the most-played Latin songs on the radio and TV in the U.S. Gloria & Emilio Estefan and Shakira are among the previous honorees at the BMI Latin Awards.

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news/14319561

I think Santana is a great guitarist and I regret not mentioning him in my list, but 3 albums in a row of collaborations? The law of diminishing returns is going to kick in if it hasn't already. It feels like he is guesting on their songs instead of the other way around.