PDA

View Full Version : Why you should tape Junior's "State of the Union" speech on Wednesday

FORD
01-31-2005, 07:20 PM
No, it's not only so you can have easy access to reference all his lies later on, but that's good too.

You should make a drinking game out of it -
one drink for each "freedom" :gulp:

two for each "liberty":gulp: :gulp:

three for each "9-11" (or any derivative form of).:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Not even Sesh can drink that much on a Wednesday night! Save the speech for the weekend

JCOOK
01-31-2005, 09:16 PM
That's FORD ladies and gentlemen.... He'll be here all week BA DA BING!

CVHfan
02-02-2005, 10:01 AM
I was actually going to ask if it was because we could have a drinking game made out of it. The thing is, I'd be toasted long before the end of it.

FORD
02-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by CVHfan
I was actually going to ask if it was because we could have a drinking game made out of it. The thing is, I'd be toasted long before the end of it.

If his coronation speech was any indication, you would be shitfaced within 15 minutes.

JCOOK
02-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Bitter Bitter Bitter

Steve Savicki
02-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Define W.'s definition of "freedom" and "liberty". I don't think it will match what's written in Oxford's.

And what in his perception was "9-11" - the day he'll admit he reacted too slow to the attacks?

FORD
02-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Bitter Bitter Bitter

Well, I prefer Stouts myself, but if you want Bitters, here ya go.....

http://www.redhook.com/img/ales_ipa_header.gif

Redhook India Pale Ale is a beer that celebrates hoppiness. The flavor of Cascade hops is the dominant note in our IPA, and it's a true English-style bitter.

The distinctive style was developed by British brewers in the 1700s. They created the sturdy beer to survive long sea journeys to far-flung colonies, where troops eagerly awaited the brew's arrival. Hops, happily, not only imparted a delightful bitterness, they also inhibited the growth of bacteria.

Originally named "Ballard Bitter" in honor of the Seattle neighborhood where Redhook opened its first brewery, Redhook IPA has been embraced by ale enthusiasts from the Northwest to New England.

IPA is highly enjoyable with grilled meats and spicy entrees.

Nickdfresh
02-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Well, I prefer Stouts myself, but if you want Bitters, here ya go.....

http://www.redhook.com/img/ales_ipa_header.gif

Redhook India Pale Ale is a beer that celebrates hoppiness. The flavor of Cascade hops is the dominant note in our IPA, and it's a true English-style bitter.

The distinctive style was developed by British brewers in the 1700s. They created the sturdy beer to survive long sea journeys to far-flung colonies, where troops eagerly awaited the brew's arrival. Hops, happily, not only imparted a delightful bitterness, they also inhibited the growth of bacteria.

Originally named "Ballard Bitter" in honor of the Seattle neighborhood where Redhook opened its first brewery, Redhook IPA has been embraced by ale enthusiasts from the Northwest to New England.

IPA is highly enjoyable with grilled meats and spicy entrees.

That sounds good right now.

FORD
02-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Fucking Junior let me down as usual.

Only one overt mention of 9-11 :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

three or four "liberty" :gulp: :gulp:

And enough "freedom" :gulp: to maintain a slight buzz - probably just about right for Wednesday though.

Thank God for Pyramid Snow Cap Ale!

LoungeMachine
02-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Moose Drool seemed fitting for me tonight.

LoungeMachine
02-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Try the Mongoose IPA from Hale's Ales if you prefer your IPA with a snap.

Stay clear of the La Conner IPA currently carried locally by Top's
[fed it to the dog]

My fave IPA has to be the Pyramid.

academic punk
02-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Bitter Bitter Bitter

I was actually thinking the same exact thing...in the same exact words...

FORD
02-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I was actually thinking the same exact thing...in the same exact words...

So you like IPA's too?

academic punk
02-02-2005, 10:49 PM
So you like IPA's too?

I'll refrain from answering that.

But, come on, he won. All that language first of all was so criticized that, no, there was no way it would be repeated. And the purpose of an Inaugural address is different from campaigning or a State of the Union.

Funnily, or not so funnily, Kerry's warnings during the campaign of Bush's "January surprise" re: social security is actually worth heeding.

Well, two days and twenty electoral votes late.

academic punk
02-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Okay, fine, no, I don't like IPAs. On wednesdays I'm a Zima man.

rustoffa
02-02-2005, 11:04 PM
I'll say this:

I Tivo'd it, and I'm glad I did.

Historical?

Yep.

FORD
02-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I'll say this:

I Tivo'd it, and I'm glad I did.

Historical?

Yep.

So you'll be playing the drinking game this weekend then?

rustoffa
02-03-2005, 12:25 AM
"quarters" of a century!
:D

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 12:27 AM
I liked it!

:elvis:

blueturk
02-03-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I liked it!

Imagine that!

FORD
02-03-2005, 01:28 AM
I liked it!

I thought you didn't drink? ;)

CVHfan
02-03-2005, 01:56 AM
If his coronation speech was any indication, you would be shitfaced within 15 minutes.

In that case, here is a song for our friend, the Boy wonder in the WH.

War Pigs
Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh Lord yeah

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight
They leave that all to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgment day comes

Now in darkness world stops turning
As the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgment God is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughing spreads his wings
Oh Lord yeah

Black Sabbath, Paranoid, 1970

Cathedral
02-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Didn't watch it, been busy replacing my hard drive due to a fucking virus.
Besides, I'm sick and tired of politics at this point.

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 06:23 AM
Fact checks--He's full of it on Social Security, Education, tort reform, and it's very nice that he had an Iraqi that voted last night, but she was one of very few Sunnis that voted.

Warham
02-03-2005, 06:44 AM
How is he full of it on Social Security. It WILL be bankrupt by 2050! Even you libs were saying that during the Clinton era. Short memories?

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 07:38 AM
2043 I believe, and even if we do nothing now, it will still pay 75% or so of benefits in 2043. This is an exaggerated 'crisis.'

diamondD
02-03-2005, 08:30 AM
I hate IPAs. I did go without about 5 Sunshine Wheats and 2 Jaager bombs last night tho.

Little_Skittles
02-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Besides, I'm sick and tired of politics at this point.

yep. I really wasn't concerned the people don't need a speech for ya'lls to tell them the state of their union. We know the state of our union or we should.

Ya'lls shouldn't have some shitfaced crack high motherfucka telling national television something he probably doesn't know shit about.

Killing all them iraqi's and all i wouldn't think he did know what was going on on the homefront. Stupid americans.

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 08:43 AM
It was boring. It didn't even incite me or anything. He's laying low right now for some reason...

Cathedral
02-03-2005, 08:46 AM
It most certainly is not an exagerated crisis. Do the math, and understand that we have aborted an entire generation of wage earners in this economy.
We are just now getting to the point where it will be obvious that the out-flow exceeds the in-flow.

The system has been in trouble for years and if action is not taken NOW, we won't see a dime of what we have paid in to it.

My wifes income is a S.S. check, and even I get a check from them that i never even asked for.

But the smart folks around here probably know as i know, We have to make our own retirement funds, and if i can get some of my SS money back to invest, I damn sure will invest it.

Liberals, You need to get your obstructionist heads out of your collective asses and stop attacking every damn thing our President does.
That kind of attitude does not represent the voters that elected you, and those voters will abandon you next time around if you don't get your focus back on the people and off of a lost election.

Fucking forget about party lines and political posturing and get some damn work done for the good of the country.

These days, politicians act like fucking kids when things don't go their way...and that goes for all sides of the political spectrum.
And, bitching about Bush constantly will not make him go away, so pull up the boot straps, man the fuck up and deal with it.

That said, I read the transcript of the speech, and I agree with 98% of what was said.
Hiding in the locker may have kept the bully off your ass in school, but hiding won't stop a terrorist from killing you or your family without as much as an afterthought about it.

We either stand and fight, or sit and wait to die....I'll be on the front porch with my guns if you need me. :)

FORD
02-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Fact checks--He's full of it on Social Security

And they let him know it too! I don't think I ever heard booing in a State of the Union speech before. For a minute I thought I was watching Poodle Blair speak to the House of Commons - where that kind of stuff happens all the time.

Too bad they didn't react that way to ALL of Junior's lies.

Seshmeister
02-03-2005, 10:47 AM

Again?

You're a fucking virus magnet!:)

LoungeMachine
02-03-2005, 10:55 AM
It most certainly is not an exagerated crisis. Do the math, and understand that we have aborted an entire generation of wage earners in this economy.
We are just now getting to the point where it will be obvious that the out-flow exceeds the in-flow.

You do the math and tell US how moving 2 trillion onto Wall St. FIXES the "crisis" Catheter......

And you blew your argument with the lame anti-abortion call out

We are "just now" getting to the point where it will be obvious???????????????? Are you fucking kidding me with this?

:rolleyes:

This "plan" of Junior's is DOA

it's also complete BULLSHIT

I know you're a neocon shit bag, Cath, but I gave you more credit then to buy into THIS crap:D

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 11:13 AM
gw made it sound like the money in these SS savings accounts is guaranteed. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Who wins? Brokers and Mutual Funds. How fucking hard is that to understand?

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 11:40 AM
I don't think I ever heard booing in a State of the Union speech before.

That was appalling...

JCOOK
02-03-2005, 12:07 PM
God it's gonna be great watching you liberals and Dems. snivel and cry for four more years!

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 12:10 PM
As I've said to you before, you'll be sniveling and crying soon enough foolish repub.

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Was that a promise, or a threat ??

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Neither. Merely an observation. Some people can see the writing on the wall. Others cannot.

Ask Cathedral about it. He's also sure things are about to get "hot." I don't think you have any ideas about the implications of that or you wouldn't be so cheery all the time.

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Oh, maybe I should switch to paranoid doom and gloom mode, as most liberals...

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Say what you want, but I feel that you're at an advantage in this. You don't mind the end of the world because you think you'll have a coushy place in the next world.

But get this straight. Science has afforded us the grand ability to annihilate ourselves. And science tells us very little about what happens after we trash this beautiful planet.

academic punk
02-03-2005, 01:36 PM
He sounded more reassured than ever. One of his clearest speeches ever, his best delivery of a state of the union yet.

Cathedral
02-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Say what you want, but I feel that you're at an advantage in this. You don't mind the end of the world because you think you'll have a coushy place in the next world.

But get this straight. Science has afforded us the grand ability to annihilate ourselves. And science tells us very little about what happens after we trash this beautiful planet.

See, that's just it, he doesn't have an advantage at all. and i'm sure Elvis understands what i mean by that.
We all fall short in God's eyes according to the common threads in what he and i both believe.

I don't know how to be a believer anymore. Our society is so skewed on that whole topic i trust nothing that comes out of people's mouths if i cannot document it in the scripture.
And i'm a sinner, a HUGE sinner that woke up way to late in some key areas that have made me into a guy i have never been before, and he isn't a good guy.
I'm cocky, arrogant, a tad self centered, and medicated 24/7...On top of it all, I'm a Gemini, lol.

OD, I didn't mean that we are all suddenly waking up and seeing how abortion has hurt our society emotionally, physically, spiritually and mentally. The sarcasm in my thoughts was clear in my mind, it just didn't transfer, so i'll elaborate a tad.
I don't dig abortion, and for many different, some personal, reasons.
Did you see the Simpsons episode where Homer had the Time-Toaster was it?
Anyway, he travels back to the Dinosaur Age, sneezes, and then all the beasts start dropping dead...he altered things.
Well, abortion altered things. It is a Homer, a sneeze, and if nobody even considers the idea that an entire generation of people that were aborted would not have contributed substantially to todays economy?
Some corrective lenses may be in order.

My stand on abortion really has little to do with my point, I hate it, but won't force anyone to share my opinion on it.

Cause and Effect, that's what it is.

I'm nearing 40 years old, I remember the Cold War, or should i say the end of it. I know the global mentality of the time, and the threats that were evident and grave.
But in that mentality there was something that is lacking in the current global Nuclear Climate, "Ultimate Respect for Human Life."

Everyone knew that if one country launched them, everyone would launch them, a Use It or Lose It scenario was the standard mindset.

Well, Our current enemies don't care. If they can kill us in any way they surely will. They don't care about their own lives and will strap on a suicide vest, a jet, a car, etc. and just kill as many as they can get in one place.
That's not BushSheep shit, that's reality.
But the harshest reality is that all these well dressed, too rich, not as adult acting as i grew up believing, political minded fucks are the one's doing the talking, and standing over the military buttons.

I have no choice but to just keep living my life and hope i'm ready for anything. Use my voice when our leaders are chosen to speak for those i can support.
Bush wasn't my choice, he was the only choice given the options for me, and i sleep soundly with my choice.

I know how to invest money, and i'm smarter with my money than people i don't know are, so if i can get some of my money back from Uncle Sam to invest and get a higher return, I'm all for it.
Now if they seriously restrict where i can put it then i'll pass on it.
But if they allow me to expand on my current portfolio with it, I won't have shit to worry about, and neither will my daughter or her kids.

The problem here is if she will even have a future and be able to enjoy life.

Sadly, I don't have an answer for that and i cannot control the deeds of the people running the country i call home, or any other country on earth.
Come what may, I'll be doing my thing with a smile on my face until then.
And i avoid buying into Bullshit at all costs.
That is one fundamental reason why I don't jump on the train of conspiracy against Bush.
And that is because if any man could prove even 1/8th of the things i have heard Bush being accused of, he'd be in a prison.

But like i said before, I trust nothing that comes out of anyone's mouth. I follow the beat of my own drum and make up my own mind.

Cathedral
02-03-2005, 02:12 PM
And they let him know it too! I don't think I ever heard booing in a State of the Union speech before. For a minute I thought I was watching Poodle Blair speak to the House of Commons - where that kind of stuff happens all the time.

Too bad they didn't react that way to ALL of Junior's lies.

All politicians lie, Ford!
Every damn one of them will lie through their teeth at the drop of a dime, maybe even a penny.

Do me a favor and collect every piece of verifiable evidence you can get together and start a coalition to prosecute G.W. for his crimes.
If you can prove it all, he'll be gone, and this fictional BCE garbage can go to bed.
I mean damn man, If he has commited all the atrocities you yourself has posted on the net, then taking him down should be easier than say, busting Clinton with his dick in Monica's mouth.
Oh, but he didn't lie about that at all, did he?

All politicians lie, Ford...ALL OF THEM!

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 02:25 PM
And i avoid buying into Bullshit at all costs.
That is one fundamental reason why I don't jump on the train of conspiracy against Bush.
And that is because if any man could prove even 1/8th of the things i have heard Bush being accused of, he'd be in a prison.

But like i said before, I trust nothing that comes out of anyone's mouth. I follow the beat of my own drum and make up my own mind.

The problem is that we have proven some very horrible things that he did wrong and no one cares. Even if they did, no one in power will do anything about it.

I trust no one either until they earn my trust, which is why I don't believe a word out of that scum's mouth. He should have no credibility left to anyone in the world. That is why I'm convinced most people are stupid.

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 03:03 PM
That was appalling...

I found it very entertaining! We could take a couple of lessons from the British Parliment.

Warham
02-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Didn't Clinton support privatization of Social Security in his 1998 State of the Union speech, when he said that something needed to be done about it soon, and weren't Dems giving him a standing ovation then?

Now, seven years later, it's not a crisis anymore even though nothing's been done about it, and now that Bush has basically given a similar idea to what Clinton did, the Dems are sitting on their hands.

Give me a fuckin' break.

Guitar Shark
02-03-2005, 03:10 PM
All politicians lie, Ford...ALL OF THEM!

"I did not.. have.. sexual relations with that woman.. Ms. Lewinsky..."

Warham
02-03-2005, 03:13 PM
"Save Social Security first."

If we balance the budget for next year, it is projected that we will then have a sizable surplus in the years immediately afterward. What should we do with this projected surplus?

I have a simple four word answer: Save Social Security first.

Tonight, I propose that we reserve 100 percent of the surplus -- that's every penny of any surplus -- until we have taken all the necessary measures to strengthen the Social Security system for the 21st Century.

Let us say to all Americans watching tonight -- whether you are 70 or 50 -- or whether you just began to pay into the system -- Social Security will be there when you need it. Social Security first. Let us do that together.

I urge all Americans to join us -- in facing these issues squarely, and forming a true consensus on how to proceed. We'll start by conducting nonpartisan forums in every, region of the country, and I hope that lawmakers of both parties will participate. We will host a White House conference on Social Security in December. And one year from now, I will convene the leaders of Congress to craft historic, bipartisan legislation to achieve a landmark for our generation -- a Social Security system that is strong in the 21st Century.

In an economy that honors opportunity, all Americans must be able to reap the rewards of prosperity.

Bill Clinton, 1998 State of the Union speech

I guess we needed to save the system in 1998, but according to the libs, it's fine now.

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Warham
If we balance the budget for next year, it is projected that we will then have a sizable surplus in the years immediately afterward. What should we do with this projected surplus?

I have a simple four word answer: Save Social Security first.

Tonight, I propose that we reserve 100 percent of the surplus -- that's every penny of any surplus -- until we have taken all the necessary measures to strengthen the Social Security system for the 21st Century.

Bill Clinton, 1998 State of the Union speech

I guess we needed to save the system in 1998, but according to the libs, it's fine now.

Big difference between earmarking surpluses in peace time to completely changing the nature of the system during war time. You don't understand that?

FORD
02-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
"I did not.. have.. sexual relations with that woman.. Ms. Lewinsky..."

Now Matt, being a lawyer yourself, you know that Clinton was NOT lying when he said that. He asked Starr's interrogators for their definition of "sexual relations" and by that definition, blowjobs and tricks with cigars did not qualify. So while his answer was misleading, and deliberately so, it was not a lie.

And Cat, there's no comparison at all between a lie about a blowjob and a lie which kills 100,000 Iraqi civilians and 1400 US troops. Even Poppy's lie that he was "out of the loop" when Iran-Contra was being planned, while in reality he WAS the loop, though it was high treason, still falls far short of what his idiot son has done.

Warham
02-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Big difference between earmarking surpluses in peace time to completely changing the nature of the system during war time. You don't understand that?

Clinton's proposal wasn't a long term solution. It was a stop-gag measure. Those funds would have been spent by the federal government before 2050 ever arrived. Shit, they've already spent the trust fund over the last forty years already.

The point is...Clinton was all gung-ho about straightening out Social Security, and the Dems were right behind him.

Now that Bush wants to fix Social Security, the Dems are saying "What's the hurry??? We still got fifty years to tackle it!"

You know what. I'd rather have my funds in a secure Mutual Fund that might get me a 8-9% divendend than having my money put in a fund that'll get a 3% dividend tops. Not to mention, if I keel over before I turn 65, my lovely wife and daughter would never see a dime. With the money tucked away in a private fund, that money can be passed on. I'm totally in favor of it.

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Now Matt, being a lawyer yourself, you know that Clinton was NOT lying when he said that. He asked Starr's interrogators for their definition of "sexual relations" and by that definition, blowjobs and tricks with cigars did not qualify. So while his answer was misleading, and deliberately so, it was not a lie.

And Cat, there's no comparison at all between a lie about a blowjob and a lie which kills 100,000 Iraqi civilians and 1400 US troops. Even Poppy's lie that he was "out of the loop" when Iran-Contra was being planned, while in reality he WAS the loop, though it was high treason, still falls far short of what his idiot son has done.

1439 and counting actually.

JCOOK
02-03-2005, 03:30 PM

How about a lie that impacts another persons right to to justice.
What is the difference between "misleading and a lie"

Damn I sort of miss Bubba If nothing else he knows how to party!

Guitar Shark
02-03-2005, 03:31 PM

Get real, it was a lie. I'm talking about the press conference he gave to reporters, not his deposition testimony.

By any reasonable interpretation, a blowjob is a form of sexual relations.

academic punk
02-03-2005, 03:40 PM
FORD, come on. Call it. He fucked up.

At that rate, can i get a blowjob from your daughter and stick a cigar up her twat, and not worry about any repercussions, since she was the one having sexual relations while I wsn't?

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 03:47 PM
You know what. I'd rather have my funds in a secure Mutual Fund that might get me a 8-9% divendend than having my money put in a fund that'll get a 3% dividend tops.

No shit you'd rather have 8-9% than 3%.

But what gw and you both failed to mention is that mutual funds are much riskier than gov't bonds and shit. Factor in that risk and your expected return goes back down. So you get a good return, or maybe nothing at all. That is NOT what SS is for.

Don't forget that almost every mutual fund has been busted in the last year or two for inflating estimates and service fees. That's where all of our money will go to, brokers and mutual fund managers. That's who gw is helping out with this one. Not you or your wife or your child.

Warham
02-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Risk and Reward OD, Risk and Reward.

I'd rather take a little risk and get a big reward, than take no risk and get a small reward.

Also, with what people make on Social Security now...if they don't fix it by then, you might be able to buy a loaf of bread with your monthly check, and have a dime to spare.

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Risk and Reward OD, Risk and Reward.

I'd rather take a little risk and get a big reward, than take no risk and get a small reward.

Also, with what people make on Social Security now...if they don't fix it by then, you might be able to buy a loaf of bread with your monthly check, and have a dime to spare.

Risk...reward? Sounds like the Enron meisters!

academic punk
02-03-2005, 04:02 PM
It's called "SOCIAL SECURITY".

That means: SECURE. It's not goign to take chances. It's going to take the safe bet. You won't get rich off it, but you will go to sleep everynight knowing exactly what you're goign to get.

Also, SOCIAL: for the PUBLIC good. So, again, something for everyone.

Conversely, with such a huge chunk of my pay going into this, I happen to agree with a volunteer program to partialy privitize SS. And i do think this is a good plan. Is this ther right time? That I'm not so sure about.

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
It's called "SOCIAL SECURITY".

That means: SECURE. It's not goign to take chances. It's going to take the safe bet. You won't get rich off it, but you will go to sleep everynight knowing exactly what you're goign to get.

Thank you for helping me so I didn't have to repeat myself. If you want risky investment, save up and invest yourself!

Warham
02-03-2005, 04:24 PM
I do that too.

I'm planning so that my Social Security check will be my nickel and dime poker money on Friday nights. With that in mind, I want a bigger return, so that I can lose more of it then.

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Yes, and I would like to fly and have a 12" penis. And have Spammy Hagar as my own personal monkey-butler.

Warham
02-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Can't help ya there.

But seriously, I'm not fucking around.

My wife and I are planning so that we won't need it when we retire. Even our financial advisor told us to pretend it's not even going to be there in 50 years thanks to the Democrats.

Little_Skittles
02-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Quit your bitchin and do something if you ain't likin how things are going damn thrive to survive if ya'lls can't do that find a government taht will take care of you when your old it's not hard to understand.

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Well said!

Little_Skittles
02-03-2005, 04:57 PM
thank you elvis.

Big Train
02-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Is there anything "riskier" than banking on Social Security? Let's think this through. Even if there were NO crisis whatsoever, inflationary pressures alone are going to make that money worth a fraction of what it is worth now. Investments aren't like playing the lottery every night for 30 years. They aren't without risk at all , but 98% of all lifetime investors still have their money and are quite well off. Let's not pretend that the exceptions (those who have lost money) are the rule.

Warham
02-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Scare tactics, Big Train. It's where the liberal's talents reside.

Remember how the libs said that Bush was going to institute the draft before this last election?

Or four years ago, Gore said that Bush was going to take away Social Security from all the retirees?

There's hundreds more.

DLR'sCock
02-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Inhibriated in their shallow depths, only thinking of themselves. For they are merely swine lost in their denial of the truth gourging on the weakened lamb like ravenous wolves.

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
Quit your bitchin and do something if you ain't likin how things are going damn thrive to survive if ya'lls can't do that find a government taht will take care of you when your old it's not hard to understand.

I hope you're not talking to me because I could give two shits about SS. I'll be fine, or be fucked by my damnself. But it's not a crisis now.

I actually met this chick from checkoslavakia (sic) last weekend and she was ragailing me with these stories of her "europian socialist paradise" and about how women get three years paid maternity leave and all this bullshit. How great it is.

So I asked her "ok then, why are you here?"

:confused:

Big Train
02-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Inhibriated in their shallow depths, only thinking of themselves. For they are merely swine lost in their denial of the truth gourging on the weakened lamb like ravenous wolves.

The "Deeps Thoughts" meeting is down the hall....

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah! Fuck the people that have medical emergencies and end up going bankrupt or God forbid you lose your life savings in the "risky" markets.

It's called Social SECURITY for a reason, to give a safety net to EVERYONE even those that get their retirement funds wiped out do to a plethora of possible reasons. Shit happens! No one banks on Social Security as their only retirement, to most it's merely a supplement. But there are a few that do need it, and you know, the worlds not just about you my reactionary narcissists!

People forget that about 40 years ago, over one-third of a Seniors were in poverty.

P.S. Oh yeah, how about Bush put some of that piss -n- vineger into reducing the Nat'l Debt so we all aren't fucked when we're old!

Big Train
02-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Goddamn Nick, settle down.

First off, we are talking about saving over a LONG period of time. Yes, some people with risky investment strategies get burned (since we want to harp on this), but that is a very small percentage of people overall. Anyone with an OUNCE of common sense can save over the long term. Investments go up and down, but in the end you win.

If those people had saved during those years, they wouldn't be in the fix they are in...

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 09:26 PM
I actually met this chick from checkoslavakia (sic) last weekend and she was ragailing me with these stories of her "europian socialist paradise" and about how women get three years paid maternity leave and all this bullshit. How great it is.

Ask her what she was paying in taxes for all that service...

LoungeMachine
02-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Oh, maybe I should switch to paranoid doom and gloom mode, as most liberals...

Why not.

It sure worked for you the 8 years Bill was building the surplus:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
02-03-2005, 09:48 PM

You have GOT to be fucking kidding me:rolleyes:

Mushroom Cloud

Ringing any bells fucknut?

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Ask her what she was paying in taxes for all that service...

I was going to, but I couldn't get a word in edge-wise. She sucked! Hot though.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2005, 10:01 PM
I was going to, but I couldn't get a word in edge-wise. She sucked! Hot though.

Warham, I apologize for the fucknut dig. It was uncalled for.

I respect you. But it just KILLS me to read some of this shit.

Can we agree the right uses scare tactics as well as anyone?

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Why not.

It sure worked for you the 8 years Bill was building the surplus:rolleyes:

I wasn't complaining about anything at the time...

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 10:07 PM

You never had it so good!

blueturk
02-04-2005, 02:37 AM

Remember how the libs said that Bush was going to institute the draft before this last election?

Or four years ago, Gore said that Bush was going to take away Social Security from all the retirees?

There's hundreds more.

Give me a fucking break!

Remember WMD's in Iraq?

Remember all the pre-election terror alerts?

Or the current Social Security "crisis"?

Scare tactics are one of Dubya's few talents.

academic punk
02-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
Give me a fucking break!

Remember WMD's in Iraq?

Remember all the pre-election terror alerts?

Or the current Social Security "crisis"?

Scare tactics are one of Dubya's few talents.

I agree. warham was practicing the roth-ism "selective amnesia" on that one.

Warham
02-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Clinton seemed to think that Social Security was going down the wrong road in 1998. I think the people who have selective amnesia are Harry Ried and Nancy Pelosi, the think tanks of the Democratic Party.

LoungeMachine
02-04-2005, 08:49 AM

bull:rolleyes:shit

Little_Skittles
02-05-2005, 11:55 AM
I hope you're not talking to me because I could give two shits about SS. I'll be fine, or be fucked by my damnself. But it's not a crisis now.

So I asked her "ok then, why are you here?"

Hey re read my post did i ever say od quit your bitchin?

NO don't take things personally that were never directed at you in the first place.

I was talking to anyone and everyone who was complainin.

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 04:19 PM
bull:rolleyes:shit

I was not!

I was busy doing drugs, drinking, crashing cars and losing jobs...

Nickdfresh
02-05-2005, 04:45 PM
I was not!

Ahhh...The good ol' days!

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Haha...:D

academic punk
02-05-2005, 04:55 PM
funny how little things change, eh?

FORD
02-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Now you wonder why Elvis likes Junior so much. They have led similar lives. Except I believe Elvis' religious conversion was genuine while Junior's was a fake for political exploitation.

And I also assume that Elvis isn't descended from a long line of fascist criminals :D

GAR
02-05-2005, 05:59 PM
I previously posted a conversion formula for changing Sudafed into snortable meth.

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Now you wonder why Elvis likes Junior so much. They have led similar lives. Except I believe Elvis' religious conversion was genuine while Junior's was a fake for political exploitation.

And I also assume that Elvis isn't descended from a long line of fascist criminals :D

I'm touched...:D

LoungeMachine
02-05-2005, 07:17 PM
I was not!

So, you were a Kennedy Democrat then:D

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 07:22 PM
No sir...

FORD
02-05-2005, 07:34 PM
So, you were a Kennedy Democrat then:D

When did a Kennedy ever lose a job?

Outside of being murdered, that is.

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Good point!

LoungeMachine
02-05-2005, 07:38 PM
When did a Kennedy ever lose a job?

Outside of being murdered, that is.

My bad.

Neglected to notice the "Check your Humor at the Door" sign when I came in.:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
02-05-2005, 07:39 PM

all evidence to the contrary........

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 07:44 PM
I am a descendant of wealthy business men, military men, and blue collar workers...

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Yes, In that order...

LoungeMachine
02-05-2005, 07:46 PM
I am a descendant of wealthy business men, military men, and blue collar workers...

and yet here you are..........;)

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Oh well, at least I'm honest...:)