PDA

View Full Version : Is America Going To Hell In A Handbasket?

JCOOK
02-01-2005, 12:26 PM
With the advent of cable TV and the internet you can see about any of the most fucked up things you can imagine. It seems like people will do anything to get their fifteen minutes nowadays. Iwonder how long it will take before before you see full on intercourse on the major networks. Everywhere you look it seems like people are prostituting themselves or their children.Music vidoes and games are becoming more and more risque and parents don't seem to care or have any control over their kids. We have become a nasty me me me society. I am not some kind of prude but whatever happened to a little civility?

AND THE CRADLE WILL ROCK!:confused:

FORD
02-01-2005, 02:13 PM
And with the Republineocons in charge of everything, including the media and the FCC, you got nobody to blame but yourselves.

JCOOK
02-01-2005, 02:16 PM
I agree with the nobody to blame but ourselves part

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Actually, the huge Christian uprising in this country is affecting the general morality of America...

ODShowtime
02-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Actually, the huge Christian uprising in this country is affecting the general morality of America...

Shut the fuck up with that "Christian uprising" bullshit. You're being exploited! :rolleyes:

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 03:32 PM
It's true...

steve
02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Our government kills hundreds of thousands of Iraqis for profits of Haliburton, yet at the same time whips their constituency into a frnzy over two gay people getting married.

Form a scapegoat, and the people will let you do WHATEVER you want.

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Profits of Haliburton ??

steve
02-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Main Entry: di·ver·sion
Pronunciation: d&-'v&r-zh&n, dI-, -sh&n
Function: noun
1 : the act or an instance of diverting from a course, activity, or use : DEVIATION
2 : something that diverts or amuses : PASTIME
3 : an attack or feint that draws the attention and force of an enemy from the point of the principal operation

E.G. Dick Cheney's Castanza coat at Auschwitz - distracted folks from his E.D.

Originally posted by ELVIS

Profits of Haliburton ??

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Go back to infowars.com...:rolleyes:

JCOOK
02-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Personally Idon't think people are any worse now than they were 10..50..100..1000 years ago,nowadays we have so many outlets to see read or hear about it.

Nickdfresh
02-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Personally Idon't think people are any worse now than they were 10..50..100..1000 years ago,nowadays we have so many outlets to see read or hear about it.

Networks are also to blame, but it is also consumer driven. If people watched more educational TV and refused to watch the reality series clones, I think we'd be better off. But I didn't see the hoopla of Janet Jackson's exposed breast. I do think nudity and language should be allowed after certain hours, But not at the Superbowl Halftime show.

You should see Canadian TV. They had dialogue in one film where a guy says "motherfucker." But they had to edit it because of the sexual connotation, so they allowed "M*****fucker!" Censorship is almost funny.

Little_Skittles
02-01-2005, 05:22 PM
I think we're due for a turn around i wish we had the good old days with today's medicine.

crud
02-01-2005, 05:32 PM
You guys are idiots who need to look at a bigger picture. 50 years from now the freedom that the Iraqi's are getting from our sacrafice, will be looked at as one of the greatest achievements of the century. Right now oppressed people in Syria are realizing that they don't have to live under the rule of their shitty dictatorship either, and topple that loser. The push is already happening in Iran. As Frank Zappa once said "communism and dictatorships don't work, cause people like to OWN things." You should be pround that you live in a country that has the balls to lash out at oppressors!

Little_Skittles
02-01-2005, 06:37 PM
balls what balls?

ODShowtime
02-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by crud
You guys are idiots who need to look at a bigger picture. 50 years from now the freedom that the Iraqi's are getting from our sacrafice, will be looked at as one of the greatest achievements of the century. Right now oppressed people in Syria are realizing that they don't have to live under the rule of their shitty dictatorship either, and topple that loser. The push is already happening in Iran. As Frank Zappa once said "communism and dictatorships don't work, cause people like to OWN things." You should be pround that you live in a country that has the balls to lash out at oppressors!

There's a reason why you rarely see Zappa fans that defend gw's policies.

steve
02-02-2005, 01:25 AM
I appreciate your idealism.

The spread of democracy is generally a good thing.

However, the "spread of democracy" as a smokescreen for war profiteering is not such a good thing. One right for a massive wrong doesn't correct or erase the evil.

Forget NOT that there was not ONE WORD from the Bush adminisration about "freeing the Iraqi people" until they had 200,000 troops in Baghdad and zero WMDs were found.

Slowly, the Bush administration has become better and better at PR and re-writing history.

stringfelowhawk
02-02-2005, 01:33 AM
It is with this president! I work for him but I DID NOT FUCKING VOTE FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nickdfresh
02-02-2005, 06:53 AM

Another simpleton. Yeah, at over a billion a week, I hope the Iraq will be worth it. Now lets roll over every dictatorship. When will you be enlisting "idiot?"