countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of
Choice??? Think about it . . .

All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I
celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we can
no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's
not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this
winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far
the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now
being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

This says it all!

This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a
Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
are offending some individual or their culture.
Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,
we have experienced a surge in patriotism
by the majority of Americans.
However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled
when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about
the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge
against anyone who is seeking a better life
by coming to America.
Our population is almost entirely made up
of descendants of immigrants.
However, there are a few things that those
who have recently come to our country,
and apparently some born here, need to understand.
This idea of America being a multicultural community
has served only to dilute our sovereignty
and our national identity.
As Americans, we have our own culture,
our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.
This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and
victories by millions of men and women
who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic,
Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part
of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian,
right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian
men and women,
on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly
documented.
It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the
world
as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam,
then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this
planet.
We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change,
and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.
This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle.
Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion

and we will allow you every opportunity to do so.
But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,
our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage
you
take advantage of one other great American freedom,
THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

AMEN

DLR7884
02-11-2004, 12:50 AM
I agree with that article 100%, people are so thenthative these days.

They can all take their political correctness and shove it up their fucking foreign, non conforming asses.

DLR7884
Learn the language or leave, and I want that order to go, Makmood.

Golden AWe
02-11-2004, 08:00 AM
In Finland we have two official national languages...finnish and swedish. About 10% of the finnish people speak swedish as their native language. All of us who go to a finnish-speaking elementary school have to study at least three years of swedish - it is our own choice whether we want to use it after the elementary school. The same goes to those in the swedish-speaking elem. schools with their finnish language.

I can totally understand your frustration. It shouldn't be a matter of the sub-urban people live on and what do the people speak there, everybody should at least know the basics of the official language of the country they live on - in United States it is english.

thebuldawg
02-11-2004, 08:15 AM
Thank you, EVH FANATIC. This is something that just flat out pisses me off. Don't come here and tell us how things should be. If I were to go to France or Africa or anywhere else and say, "Your cusotms offend me; you have to change." If I did I'd get laughed at, at the VERY LEAST!

KISS MY ASS YOU POLITICALLY CORRRECT NAMBY-PAMBY NO BALL PASTY FACED MOTHER FUCKERS!

Tell me how to do things and I will show you how poltically incorrect this hicks size 12 FOOT feels up your ASS. Then your gonna smile and tell me that's all right because its my FUCKIN' ALL AMERICAN CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT, and tell me yes sir may I have A-FUCKING-NOTHER!

Dr. Love
02-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
in United States it is english.

I don't think we have on official language, actually.

ZahZoo
02-11-2004, 01:16 PM
I don't view the concerns expressed as a threat to American culture. Frankly I think we're stronger and continue to grow strong which is fueled by our diversity.

IMO freedom comes with responsibility and also tolerance. The responsibility is to recognize our cultural differences... many of the differences sighted in the original posting have existed for the life of this country... ie... non-christian religions, non-english speaking people, folks who don't celebrate Christmas, etc...

In other words nothing has really changed other than our awareness due to global communication and media. Used to be due to media and communication limitations, most people didn't know what was happening in the next county, let alone the next state or how many non-christians lived in the US. Most all people knew was what they were surrounded by demographically. Beyond the cities much of America was living in small pockets of communities where majority of cultural elements ran through the mainstream of the community... but the differences were there, just ignored or in some cases repressed by the majority.

Today we know more about the next county, state and an overall better understanding of the cultural elements that may not have benn prevelent in mainstream America but existed none the less.

So with this new formed intelligence comes the responsibility to be respectful and excercise tollerance. The absence of tollerance means the limitation on Freedoms. So what we are seeing today is not a threat to our culture but and expansion and evolution of our Freedom and the steps necessary to enable it to continue and be viable.

Think about it... start forcing your version of culture on your neighbors... sure you claim it's your right under the guise of freedom, But then are you being respectful of your neighbor's freedom by repressing their cultural aspects..?

Ally_Kat
02-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I don't think we have on official language, actually.

Nawh, we don't, yet when my relatives came here lookin for better they made sure their asses learned english.

rustoffa
02-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Sometimes even cross cultural physical gestures (shaking your head in the "no" fashion) don't work.A day labor guy bailed outta the back of my truck after like 2 blocks last week.Shit,in retrospect i'ts better than a spare tire I guess.Just fork out the forty bucks and you got your own igor.

Seshmeister
02-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Everyone in the world should speak English.

Like on Star Trek.

Bob_R
02-21-2004, 11:30 AM
:)

Switch84
02-21-2004, 01:59 PM
:killer: Yes, yes, YES!!! Finally someone that's not afraid to "Let it All Hang Out"! I've always believed that credo 'when in Rome, do as the Romans' should apply for the USA, too! I'm an Air Force veteran and I love my country and don't want it turned into a banana republic. I will not say Seasons Greetings...it's Merry Christmas! In God we trust shouldn't be removed from our currency, either. As for the official language, it's voted on by state. When I was stationed in Denver, Co. back in the late 80s, the citizens there voted to have English as the official language of the state. Other states have since done that, too.

We should never surpress our identity to appease foreigners. When in America, do as the Americans!

Dr. Love
02-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Do you guys not see the irony here?

Panamark
02-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Same shit in Australia. Does this happen in America?, ethnic groups
will create whole suburbs, with shop signs in their native language and
never learn to speak english. They practice their same religion and customs as if they were still in their countries of origin.

Now this pisses me off. I have met a lot of immigrants who have integrated, learned to speak English, adopted our ways as theirs, and
they are great people ! But to leave your own country, then go to a
new one and then refuse to accept your new countries language and ways, is a fucken insult. Go back home ya ungrateful bastards !!

BITEYOASS
02-21-2004, 08:31 PM
We get fucked both ways from both political parties here in america. One end wants us to be politically correct and be peaceful, while the other in send our jobs to India! Either this 2 party system will end or there is gonna be a US-mexico war sometime this century.

Flash Bastard
02-21-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Either this 2 party system will end or there is gonna be a US-mexico war sometime this century.

I wonder who would win such a war? Mexico, probably.

France and Germany would get behind Mexico. Both countries have been wanting a piece of us for years. China and Russia might want a piece too.

Such a war wouldn't suprise me. Stranger shit has happened.

rustoffa
02-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
I wonder who would win such a war? Mexico, probably.

France and Germany would get behind Mexico. Both countries have been wanting a piece of us for years. China and Russia might want a piece too.

Such a war wouldn't suprise me. Stranger shit has happened.
A bigger Bowie knife this time?:D

Viking
02-22-2004, 01:34 AM
GREAT POST! FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!

:killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

thebuldawg
02-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
France and Germany would get behind Mexico. Both countries have been wanting a piece of us for years.

France would be to busy cringing in a dark corner with their thumbs up their ass, and since Germany is pretty much a staging ground for U.S. armed Forces we could probably kick their asses there before they blinked.

Elitest
02-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
never learn to speak english. They practice their same religion and customs as if they were still in their countries of origin.

Now this pisses me off. I have met a lot of immigrants who have integrated, learned to speak English, adopted our ways as theirs, and
new one and then refuse to accept your new countries language and ways, is a fucken insult. Go back home ya ungrateful bastards !!

Ditto in England....and we are also threatened by mass influx from eastern europe very soon ( not that we havent already had mass influxes from ALL OVER the place....):(

Ally_Kat
02-22-2004, 10:12 PM

you can visit 5 countries in 5 city blocks here. And the best is if I go into ChinaTown and I try to get some food, they'll give me dirty looks cuz I don't speak some Asian language.

Rubnose
02-22-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Do you guys not see the irony here?

I see an idiot hiding behind an alias.

thebuldawg
02-23-2004, 08:40 AM
So that's three countries heard from now, the U.S., Australia and England (four if you count NY City as one!:D ) What's up with all this politically correct bullshit with people afraid to step on others toes?
Fuck that! I'll step on your toes and push you while I am.

What I won't do is go to another country and expect you to speak my language and eat my food just because I'm there. Hell, I won't even expext the women to shave their armpits. Even DLR said that when abroad you eat when and how the people there do.

iamthedoctor
02-23-2004, 09:24 AM
yeah elitist...this whole eastern european influx is a major worry..i do hope the government actually use their heads for a change...and DON'T give out work permits to EVERYONE that wants one as they had orignally planned...

Ally_Kat
02-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Rubnose

who you talking about? Surely not the doctor of love.

KANE
02-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
:)

SAY IT !

LIVE IT ! LOVE IT ! TAKE CARE OF IT ! FIGHT FOR IT ! DIE FOR IT !!!!!say it !

thebuldawg
02-24-2004, 08:21 AM
LIVE IT ! LOVE IT ! TAKE CARE OF IT ! FIGHT FOR IT ! DIE FOR IT !!!!!

Dr. Love
02-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Rubnose

I saw that too. I guess we've both been reading a lot of your posts lately, huh?

Dr. Love
02-24-2004, 12:21 PM

Fuckin' A, dude, you're 100% right. If you move to a new place, you fuckin' better take integrate and learn the customs.

Excuse me while I go study up on my Comanche.