PDA

View Full Version : Donnington Goes Indie

Shaun Ponsonby
02-01-2005, 01:14 PM
An extra day has been added to the Castle Donnington Download Festival.

And guess what? It's going to be an indie day.
Damn it.

Up until this point, Download was the only festival in the country that didn't have bands like Keane (crap) or Franz Ferdinand (crap) on the bill. Now, we have to put up with tyhem once again. Save these bands for Reading or Glastanberry, we don't want them at our METAL festival. The promoters are once again selling out to the populararity of these crappy bands.

At least we'll be saved on Saturday. Because Saturday has apparently been dubbed 'Ozzfest Day', and will feature the acts from the Ozzfest tours.

However, there has been no official announcement about the latter- read it for yourself at-

www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/download/2005/news.shtml

This never would have happened with Monsters Of Rock.

Soul Reaper
02-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Why!? Why do England have to have such crappy indie bands to ruin everything. I really hope that this doesn't happen.

The Scatologist
02-01-2005, 05:11 PM
LOL 90% of Ozzfest acts aren't exactly great either

Shaun Ponsonby
02-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Yes, that may be true-but ALL of them are better than Franz fucking Ferdinand (notice the allitaration with the Fs).

Besides, I also hear that, in addition to Sabbath (who are expected to headline rather than an Ozzy solo set), we will also have Velvet Revolver on the Ozzfest bill. Once again, unofficial. Black Sabbath and Velvet Revolver alsone is enough for me.

loss of fools
02-01-2005, 06:26 PM
yer i was reading about that. its stupid that they also clashed the dates with the isle of wight festival. there are some good rummors going around. like you said sabbath, motorhead are also rummored along with a few others. i know megadeth have been aproched by a few festivals so they may do it. i dont know why they have a go and put a indie day in there its one of the only hard rock festivals left. a lot of festivals seem to be doing it (going indie). just look at IOW festival last year, the who and david bowie and now all the shit the nme put out is about to take over the festival.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-04-2005, 12:17 PM
As I said-promoters jumping at the chance of making some extra money and ruining something that people love for what it is. Before you know it, it'll be just like every other festival in the country.

However, if the line up does include Black Sabbath, Velvet Revolver, Motorhead and Megadeth, then you won't be able to see me for dust as I run to the ticket office.

Soul Reaper
02-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Motorhead and Megadeth as well?! This will definitely be cool!!!