PDA

View Full Version : US 'very concerned' Israel might attack Iran

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Feb. 1, 2005

By ASSOCIATED PRESS (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1107141483766)

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates

An American envoy repeated US allegations Monday about an Iranian nuclear weapons program and said Israel might attack Iran's nuclear sites because the Jewish state has "a history" of such actions.

John Bolton, the State Department's top international security official, was referring to Israel's 1981 bombing raid on Iraq's Osirak nuclear reactor.

"The vice president said we're very concerned that this might happen," Bolton said, referring to a recent statement by US Vice President Dick Cheney.

"Israel destroyed the Osirak reactor in Iraq. They have a history of this," Bolton said.

Earlier this month, Cheney said it was possible Israel might attack Iran if it became convinced Tehran posed a nuclear threat.

Bolton is on the final stop of a three-country Persian Gulf tour to coordinate policies in light of the perceived threat of Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Speaking to a group of reporters during a one-day visit to Abu Dhabi, he said the United States was ready to dismantle Iran's nuclear assets and store them at the US Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee.

After renouncing its nuclear weapons program in 2003, Libya allowed its nuclear assets to be transferred to the US lab.

"Libya provides a case where a regime can give up weapons of mass destruction and stay in power," he said. "We didn't make any deals with Libya. Libya made its decision based on what it saw in Iraq," Bolton said. "They came to the decision that it was safer to give up nuclear weapons than to pursue them."

Bolton, on the final leg of a Gulf tour that has already taken him to Kuwait and Bahrain, repeated earlier statements by US President George W. Bush that Washington doesn't rule out its own military strikes on Iran but prefers to halt any weapons program in Tehran using diplomacy.

"We never rule any option out, but we're trying to resolve this diplomatically," he said.

:elvis:

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Iran deplores Israeli aggressions on Lebanon

1/31/2005 (http://www.arabicnews.com/ansub/Daily/Day/050131/2005013113.html)

Iranian Defense Minister Ali Shamkhani on Sunday condemned Israeli threats and violations of Lebanon, calling on the international community and organizations to practice pressure on Israel to stop violations of Lebanese air spaces.

Shamkhani, during talks with his Lebanese counterpart Abdulraheem Murad in Tehran, stressed importance of cooperation and coordination among countries of the region to confront the "Israeli expansionist policy."

He expressed hope that the visit of Murad will contribute to enhancing and developing defense relations between Lebanon and Iran.

Murad, for his part, echoed Shamkhani's hopes of coordination and solidarity to face Israeli threats.

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Israel's defense minister warns Iran's nuclear program 'close to point of no return'

ASSOCIATED PRESS (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/20050127-0403-israel-iran.html)

January 27, 2005

LONDON – The Israeli defense minister warned that Iran's nuclear program is "very close to the point of no return" and urged the United States and Europe to refer the issue to the United Nations.

During a visit to London, Shaul Mofaz called for sanctions to be imposed against Tehran and detailed inspections of its nuclear facilities.

"We know that Iran has a very high desire to achieve the goal of possessing nuclear power. The fact that in Iran there is an extreme regime and that they already have long-range surface-to-surface missiles, means that having a nuclear power will create a threat to the free world," Mofaz said, in comments released by the Israeli embassy in London.

"Iran is very close to the point of no return, which means the enrichment of uranium, and we believe that the leadership of the U.S. together with the European countries should stop as soon as possible this military nuclear program in Iran," he added.

Mofaz, who held a private meeting Wednesday with Britain's Defense Secretary Geoff Hoon and is scheduled to attend the Holocaust memorial service at Westminster Hall Thursday, praised the efforts by Britain, France and Germany to resolve the nuclear issue through diplomacy.

"I believe that the dialogue and negotiations that took place between the European countries, the troika and the Iranians had some achievements by the suspension of the Iranian military nuclear program," he said.

"But the goal should be a full stop to the nuclear program and the way to stop this is with the leadership of the U.S. and the Europeans countries taking this issue to the U.N. and using first the diplomatic channel," he said.

"The tools should be sanctions and a very deep inspection in all the nuclear locations in Iran with a full transparency."

The United States and several other countries fear Iran is seeking to enrich uranium not to the low level needed to generate power, but to weapons grade, which forms the core of nuclear warheads.

Iran publicly insists it only seeks to make low-grade enriched uranium to make nuclear fuel. Talks between European powers and Iran are deadlocked on the key issue of uranium enrichment, with Iran refusing to consider scrapping such programs.

JCOOK
02-01-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm with the Yids on the one.

FORD
02-01-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm not. PNAC/Likud lied their asses off about Iraq. Who's to say they aren't doing the same with Iran.

Ezekiel 38-39 draws ever closer....... :(

ELVIS
02-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Iran Says It Will Never Scrap Nuke Program

Feb 2, 2005

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI (http://apnews.myway.com/image/20050125/IRAN_NUCLEAR.sff_TEH103_20050125144054.html?date=2 0050202&docid=D880K5VG1)

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran will never scrap its nuclear program, and talks with Europeans are intended to protect the country's nuclear achievements, not negotiate an end to them, an Iranian official said Wednesday.

The remarks by Ali Agha Mohammadi, spokesman of Iran's powerful Supreme National Security Council, are the latest in a hardening of his country's stance amid ongoing talks with European negotiators. They also reflect Tehran's possible frustration at the lack of progress.

Europe is pressing Iran for concessions on its nuclear program, which the United States claims is aimed at producing atomic weapons. In exchange for nuclear guarantees, the Europeans are offering Iran technological and financial support and talks on a trade deal.

"We have the power to negotiate because we keep our (nuclear) achievements in our hands and we are negotiating to protect them," Mohammadi said Wednesday. "It's definite that we will protect our scientific achievements as a basic pillar, whether talks make progress or not."

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/IRAN_NUCLEAR.sff_TEH103_20050125144054.jpg
Iranian lawmakers handle uranium ore in this Oct. 24, 2004 file photo during their visit to the Isfahan uranium conversion facility in central Iran. Confidential talks between key European powers and Iran are deadlocked on the key issue of uranium enrichment, with Tehran refusing to scrap such programs and banish fears it wants to make atomic arms, according to a summary of the last meeting made available Tuesday Jan. 25, 2005 to The Associated Press.

Mohammadi's comments came a day after Iran's vice president, Gholamreza Aghazadeh, called on the Europeans to speed up the talks, amid reports that negotiations are deadlocked.

Aghazadeh, who also serves as head of Iran's atomic energy organization, suggested Iran was not happy with the progress of the talks, telling reporters: "We have to take the negotiations seriously and accelerate them."

European officials acknowledged the complexity of the negotiations, but said talks were going at a good pace and a diplomatic solution remained on track.

The talks have been carried out against a backdrop of U.S. warnings. In January, President Bush reaffirmed his support for a diplomatic settlement, but said he would not take any option off the table, including a possible military strike.

A summary of the negotiations that was leaked last week showed Europe had made little progress in convincing Iran to make permanent its temporary suspension of uranium enrichment activities, although negotiators said the atmosphere at the talks has improved recently.

Uranium enriched to low grades is used for fuel in nuclear reactors, but further enrichment makes it suitable for atomic bombs. The United States and other countries fear Iran seeks to enrich uranium not to the low level needed to generate power, as it claims, but to a weapons-grade that could become the core for a nuclear warhead.

While not prohibited from enrichment under the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, Iran suspended uranium enrichment and all related activities in November to build trust, reduce international suspicions and avoid U.N. Security Council sanctions. Tehran has said it will decide within three months whether to continue its suspension, which is monitored by U.N. nuclear inspectors.

The Scatologist
02-03-2005, 12:59 AM
I love how they just handle it with their bare hands lol

Cathedral
02-03-2005, 02:11 AM
This is not the 80's or the Cold War. This time around there will be nukes set off somewhere before it's all over.

"Hey, there's nukes in the air, blowin us up like they just don't care"

Folks, The globe is on course to its destiny. This is going to turn HOT, trust me.

Take some good advice and if you have things you want to do with your lives, do it now.

Rikk
02-03-2005, 02:26 AM
...And the propaganda machine gets rolling before the storm...

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
This is not the 80's or the Cold War. This time around there will be nukes set off somewhere before it's all over.

Folks, The globe is on course to its destiny. This is going to turn HOT, trust me.

Take some good advice and if you have things you want to do with your lives, do it now.

No big deal though right? It had to be this way. :mad:

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Iran tests nuclear trigger mechanism -- opposition

Feb, 3 2005

PARIS, Feb 3 (Reuters) - Iran has conducted successful experiments on a crucial triggering mechanism for a nuclear weapon, an exiled opposition group said on Thursday.

U.S. President George W. Bush on Wednesday renewed his accusation that Iran was seeking to develop atomic weapons and called it the "world's primary state sponsor of terror."

Tehran dismisses the accusations and says its atomic ambitions are limited to the peaceful generation of electricity.

The National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), which wants to oust Iran's clerical rulers and has given accurate information on its nuclear sites in the past, said Iran was close to producing the 'neutron initiators' that spark the chain reaction in a bomb.

"Tehran has already succeeded in using beryllium in conjunction with polonium-210 for large scale laboratory testing purposes, and it is getting very close to the point of industrial production," Mohammad Mohaddessin of the NCRI told a news conference in Paris.

Diplomats have already said there is evidence that Iran has bought small quantities of beryllium and tried to buy much more, and that the International Atomic Energy Agency's (IAEA) is examining this as part of a two-year investigation of Tehran's nuclear programme.

Beryllium also has many innocent uses, but Mohaddessin said Iran had not only secured significant quantities but also tried to conceal its purchases from the IAEA.

"Tehran currently has enough beryllium to produce initiators for a dozen nuclear bombs," he said.

He said the laboratory tests had been conducted at the Lavizan II site close to Tehran by experts from the Malek-Ashtar Industrial university, which is run by the Defence Ministry.

Germany, France and Britain, acting for the European Union, have been urging Iran to permanently scrap the uranium enrichment that could give it the potential to make nuclear explosives in return for political and economic incentives.

Washington takes a harder line and wants Iran to be reported to the U.N. Security Council for possible sanctions.

The NCRI is a coalition of exiled opposition groups. The U.S. State Department lists it and its armed wing, the People's Mujahideen, as terrorist organisations.

Mishar_McLeud
02-03-2005, 11:55 AM
http://www.thismodernworld.com/media/gra/lifefallout.jpg

I thought it was worser back in 60-es :rolleyes:

Mishar_McLeud
02-03-2005, 11:56 AM
http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Fallout/fallout2.jpg

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
PARIS, Feb 3 (Reuters) - Iran has conducted successful experiments on a crucial triggering mechanism for a nuclear weapon, an exiled opposition group said on Thursday.

What is with you and believing exiled opposition groups? Didn't you people learn your lesson with Chalabi?

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Just because I post an article means that I believe it ??

I'm merely compiling information...:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Just because I post an article means that I believe it ??

That's usually the way I operate. You cons love to bait though.

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I do, however, believe the premise of the compilation...

Iran is a hot bed of nuclear activity that is being very closley watched...

So, while you liberals push for so called civil rights for gays and chickens, we conservatives will pay attention to real issues...

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 12:38 PM

So, while you liberals push for so called civil rights for gays and chickens, we conservatives will pay attention to real issues...

You know, you really aren't very bright Elvis. When you take time away from throwing out broad sweeping, ill-informed judgements on people you barely know, you make idiotic statements.

Saying "You liberals" to me is bad enough. But to say that myself, or liberals are pushing for civil rights for gays (why not just come out and call them fags?) is just moronic. You have no idea what you're talking about. It's your dipshit president that's trying to amend the constitution to take away their rights, in the middle of a fucking war!

Pull your head out of your ass dude!

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Hahaha...

Ok, I'll take back the word "you"...

Feel any better ??

Teeheehee...:D

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Well, since we're on the road to reconciliation, I will agree that some liberals should be more worried about the plight of people than poultry.

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 01:17 PM
~Ha!~

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Iran tests nuclear trigger mechanism -- opposition

Feb, 3 2005

Be very weary of "exile" groups.

BTW, "Saddam has losts of weapons of mass destruction so you need to invade and liberate our country....";)

P.S. Odo already jumped on that one! Good work Showtime!:D I think I need to finish reading the threads.

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 03:33 PM

You fucking gay-chicken murderer!

FORD
02-03-2005, 03:33 PM
What the hell is all this talk about gay chickens? :confused:

Oh yeah.... why DID the chicken cross the road anyway?

Jerry Falwell:

Because the chicken was gay! Isn’t it obvious? Can’t
you people see the plain truth in front of your face?
The chicken was going to the "other side." That’s
what "they" call it the "other side." Yes, my
friends, that chicken is gay. And, if you eat that
chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all
chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media
whitewashes with seemingly harmless phrases like "the
other side." That chicken should not be free to cross
the road. It’s as plain and simple as that.

Pat Buchanan

To steal a job from a decent, hardworking American.

DR. SEUSS

Did the chicken cross the road?
Did he cross it with a toad?
Yes! The chicken crossed the road,
but why it crossed, I’ve not been told!

ERNEST HEMINGWAY

To die. In the rain.

MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without having their motives called into question.

GRANDPA

In my day, we didn’t ask why the chicken crossed the road. Someone told us that the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough for us.

ARISTOTLE

It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

KARL MARX

It was a historical inevitability.

SADDAM HUSSAIN

This was an unprovoked act of rebellion and we were quite justified in dropping 50 tons of nerve gas on it.

RONALD REAGAN

What chicken?

KEN STARR

I intend to prove that the chicken crossed the road at the behest of the president of the United States of America in an effort to distract law enforcement officials and the American public from the criminal wrongdoing our highest elected official has been trying to cover up. As a result, the chicken is just another pawn in the president’s ongoing and elaborate scheme to obstruct justice and undermine the rule of law. For that reason, my staff intends to offer the chicken unconditional immunity provided he cooperates fully with our investigation. Furthermore, the chicken will not be permitted to reach the other side of the road until our investigation and any Congressional follow-up investigations have been completed. (We also are investigating whether Sid Blumenthal has leaked information to the Rev. Jerry Falwell, alleging the chicken to be homosexual in an effort to discredit any useful testimony the bird may have to offer, or at least to ruffle his feathers.)

CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK

To boldly go where no chicken has gone before.

FOX MULDER

You saw it cross the road with your own eyes. How many more chickens have to cross before you believe it?

FREUD

The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

BILL GATES

I have just released eChicken 2000, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook-and Internet Explorer is an inextricable part of eChicken.

EINSTEIN

Did the chicken really cross the road or did the road move beneath the chicken?

BILL CLINTON

I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What do you mean by chicken? Could you define chicken please?

LOUIS FARRAKHAN

The road, you will see, represents the black man. The chicken crossed the "black man" in order to trample him and keep him down.

THE BIBLE

And God came down from the heavens, and He said unto the chicken,"Thou shalt cross the road." And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.

COLONEL SANDERS

I missed one?

THE NEW YORK TIMES

To read what’s fit to print.

SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE

Gay chickens close street in San Francisco.

ATLANTA JOURNAL & CONSTITUTION

Seeking a spot on the Falcons line.

THE COMMERCIAL APPEAL, MEMPHIS

Going to Graceland.

LOS ANGELES TIMES

Seeking stardom.

SEATTLE TIMES

Looking for Bill Gates.

THE BIRMINGHAM NEWS

All chickens come here eventually.

THE BOSTON GLOBE

One more chicken at the tea party.

THE WASHINGTON POST

Chicken-gate.

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by FORD
What the hell is all this talk about gay chickens? :confused:

Elvis' pet issue of preventing gay chickens in a committed relationship from marrying!

And frankly, Elvis could use a little less fried chicken:
http://www.westword.com/extra/elvis/fat.jpg

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 04:00 PM
chickens are pretty gay if you think about it

"cocks"

ELVIS
02-03-2005, 04:59 PM
I do not eat fried chicken, or anything fried, for that matter...

kastco
01-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral

I just hope we can get the Van Halen/Roth tour off the ground before the missles are off the ground. What a bitch it would be. We wait all this time and WWIII starts the day before they can sing a single tune.

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by kastco
I just hope we can get the Van Halen/Roth tour off the ground before the missles are off the ground. What a bitch it would be. We wait all this time and WWIII starts the day before they can sing a single tune.

Necroposting by Newbies. :rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
01-29-2007, 10:26 AM
The Israelis have a right to defend themselves.They live there,we're just visiting.But I cant blame Iran for being nervous.They're already surrounded.Let 'em beat their chests.

Nitro Express
01-29-2007, 04:01 PM
If Iran and Israel destroyed each other with nukes would that really be a bad thing?

The problem is we are getting involved. The problem with us getting involved with our huge military is it makes other countries with a big military nervouse. Nobody trusts us so our diplomacy credibility goes out the window and it esculates the paranoia that sparks world wars.

If we invade Iran, Russia, the EU and China will freak because it looks like we are taking over the middle east.

China might make a move against Taiwan and North Korea may move against South Korea because the US will be spread too thin to do anything about it.

Our allie Japan will freak then.

We will have rioting here in the US with possible terrorist attacks mixed in. Israel will go bezerk.

The whole world will really hate us and we will only make more enemies.

Not a good move I say.