PDA

View Full Version : DVD/CD cover maker (software) ?

BuzinBad
02-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Does anyone know a good program that will do DVD covers? One that like has a template that you just put pics in? I used to use Microsoft Publisher but want something better. Any ideas would be great.

jabrow75
02-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Nero Burning ROM Suite has a package included called "Cover Designer" that should do the trick. Also Fellowes/Neato MediaFACE II has templates that you can create from. You can comeby the MediaFACE software pretty easily (Wal-Mart, etc.) for about $20. It comes with the software, about 20 or so labels and a "CD Stomper" to put labels on the disc with. Nero is pretty easy to find as well, but will cost a little more. There are plenty others out there as well. Try doing a google search for DVD label makers...

Catfish
02-10-2004, 11:46 PM
I use the above mentioned program--Fellowes

Berseker
02-11-2004, 06:53 AM
I use Cover XP, you have everything you need with the free version, it's a kick ass software.

BuzinBad
02-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the reply's. Now can anyone tell me what software is best for creating DVD's? Specifically one that allows you to add your own backgrounds (VH photos), puts little movies of the tracks on screen. I have a Sony Vaio that allows you to create DVD's. Problem is the software doesn't allow you to put your own backgrounds on the DVD menu. I have trades of people that have done it. But problem is with most is that I can't play them on my DVD player. Only my PC. I am looking for a DVD author tool that allows you to make great menus that will play on stand-alone DVD players. Thanks for any help.

twonabomber
02-11-2004, 08:49 PM
for DVD authoring i'm using Sony (used to be Sonic Foundry) DVD Architect. it ain't cheap, though.

ian_doherty
02-13-2004, 10:37 PM
For the DVD covers - STAPLES the office supply retail store has a lot of inexpensive setups. Memorex, for example, you buy the labels for about $14 and the software comes with it.

I've been splicing together video with PINNACLE SYSTEMS software. You can make dvds from it. Also available at Staples. I paid $100 for it but they had it there for $49.

Knock 'em dead!