PDA

View Full Version : Clark calls it quits

Julius
02-10-2004, 11:17 PM
This just in...

Wesley Clark has announced he's dropping out of the race, according to Associated Press reports.

This story is developing..........

Julius
02-10-2004, 11:19 PM
You may begin laughing now. I know I am.

alexpgrimes
02-10-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm so sad. Now he has time to go to MICHIGAN!, WISCONSIN!, DELAWARE!, OHIO!

Julius
02-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by alexpgrimes
I'm so sad. Now he has time to go to MICHIGAN!, WISCONSIN!, DELAWARE!, OHIO!

Sorry, I originally said it was Dean. Changed it to Clark.

My bad.

Julius
02-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Dean is next though. Give it a week.

FORD
02-10-2004, 11:43 PM
AP: Wesley Clark Drops Out of Race
By RON FOURNIER
ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) -

Wesley Clark, the novice politician with four-star military credentials, abandoned his presidential bid Tuesday after two third-places finishes in the South, the Associated Press has learned.

The retired Army general will return to Little Rock, Ark., on Wednesday to announce his departure from the race, said a senior adviser, speaking on condition of anonymity.

FORD
02-10-2004, 11:43 PM
I have a feeling this isn't the last we'll see of the General ;)

alexpgrimes
02-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Yep he already has.

Cathedral
02-11-2004, 01:43 AM
He is nowhere near Preidential material and should have never jumped in this race.
Let him cut his teeth in some other political job before he thinks he can be the man.

I happen to agree with Ford though....He'll be back in some shape or form if he was at all serious about being President.

Now, If Dean would stop listening to those who encourage him to flip flop on his word and drop the fuck out we can get on with this show of shows.

LOL, Kerry is gonna get his clocked cleaned so bad by the Republicans it ain't even funny.
But, I like his attitude about backing off the Bush Service Record Attacks.
At least he showed me he can accept facts when presented to him.
Even if it is after he insulted those who served in the National Guard past and present.
Someone spoke up and told him that would create a shit storm that would swallow him alive.

Viva La Bush in '04!!!

High Life Man
02-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I have a feeling this isn't the last we'll see of the General ;)

Hopefully he'll run for mayor of Hicksville, Arkansas.

He'll probably get fired from that job too.

Guitar Shark
02-11-2004, 03:40 PM
It's far more more important to the Dems that Dean drop out of the race. He's the only high profile candidate still attacking Kerry. Edwards and Clark both ran positive campaigns. If Dean would accept reality and shut his pie hole, Kerry could devote more of his time to focusing on Bush.

FORD
02-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Matt, there's no way in Hell Kerry can beat Bush. He has nothing he can use against Junior in the debates.

Patriot Act? Voted FOR it.

Tax Cuts for the Rich? Voted FOR it.

No School Left Unfucked? Voted FOR it.

That pathetic joke of an illegal war based totally on lies? Voted FOR it.

The rape and pillage of Medicare in order to benefit the pharmaceutical companies? Didn't even bother to show up for that one.

Your fellow ambulance chaser Edwards is guilty of all of the above as well, though at least he's not a FAUX funded, PNAC advised, Skull & Bonesman who will be tagged as a "Massachussettes Liberal"

With the General out of the race, Edwards has become my reluctant second choice, but the strongest candidate to take on Junior remains HOWARD DEAN.

He's still 2nd in delegates, and that's the only number that matters in July.

He's the only candidate still in the race who has grounds to effectively debate Bush. And Dean will slaughter the Idiot Son of an Asshole in the debates.

Hopefully Clark will keep to his word as an outsider who wants change and pledge his support to the only remaining viable candidate who can deliver that.

Dean/Clark is still the best ticket to annihilate the BCE.

Lqskydiver
02-11-2004, 04:58 PM
FORD is correct in stating that Kerry cannot possibly beat Bush. But I feel that their are far more ulterior motives than his voting practices. Mostly due to the fact that even though Clark outspent Kerry, he still did not manage to take any state.

The Democratic opponent to face will be one PLACED there to insure a Republic victory. Dean could have made a force to be reckoned with if he were able to obtain a lead. Unfortunately for him, his instability and emotional outbursts displayed by the media have all but sealed his failure.

Cathedral
02-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Still i ask, Don't you Liberals want a candidate who is consistent?

Or is it all just as predicted and a power grab for the White House?

I don't see how Dean had any chance at beating Bush if he can't even win the party's nomination.
The man represents everything that voters typically never support.
If you think his Anti-War attitude would have gotten him anywhere you have yet again underestimated the American voter.

All he did was get the Bush Haters out and about, but that cannot be sustained for 9 months.
The Democrats are cooked in Nov. and Kerry is going to be the new Dukkakis...

FORD
02-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Still i ask, Don't you Liberals want a candidate who is consistent?

Or is it all just as predicted and a power grab for the White House?

I don't see how Dean had any chance at beating Bush if he can't even win the party's nomination.
The man represents everything that voters typically never support.
If you think his Anti-War attitude would have gotten him anywhere you have yet again underestimated the American voter.

All he did was get the Bush Haters out and about, but that cannot be sustained for 9 months.
The Democrats are cooked in Nov. and Kerry is going to be the new Dukkakis...

Do you even know what Howard Dean represents, or do you just believe what the right wing media whores tell you? Dean represents real change. Not just from the reckless, suicidal policies of the BCE, but of the corporatist appeasement of the DLC as well. His platform is anything BUT bleeding heart liberal. Dean would rather do what's right for the country than what's popular.

Cathedral
02-11-2004, 10:52 PM
That's the point, people don't want that kind of change during unstable times.
I know what comes out of his mouth and you should know me better than to assume i form opinions on FoxNEWS reports alone.

I go to the source and get the facts before making any judgement.

BITEYOASS
02-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Fuck Clark! I'm glad that son of a bitch dropped out! He was nothing but a damn PC general.

KANE
02-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Now if WWF, Squat to pee wannabee Dickweed Dean drops out ,it'll be all smooth cruisin for mr. hypocrisy himself. 'W' gonna open up a pallet full os woop ass soon, SAY IT !