PDA

View Full Version : Why Wasn't the DLR No Holds barbecue ever release?

Dave IS VH
02-11-2004, 04:14 AM
Why, wasn't the DLR No Hold's Barbecue released on VHS/DVD in retail stores, when Dave filmed it a couple of years ago?

Only way it's available is at one of Dave's shows, or on Ebay.

Was it because, Dave didn't have a record contract at the time?, or no company wanted to release it, because they thought it wouldn't sell to, the Gen. Public?

Are they ever, planing to release it on DVD in the future?

I liked the film, I thought Dave did a great job filming it, but I guess a lot of people didn't like it as well.

Orgazmo
02-11-2004, 08:00 AM
No holds kicked ass!!! Dave was selling it on VHS on his 2002 tour.

It wasn't released because Dave's whole motivation behind it wasn't to make money or it wouldn't have been so senseless. I think he just wanted to do it just for the hell of it & that's what he did.

ZahZoo
02-11-2004, 12:55 PM
While it's an entertaining piece of work... unfortunately no one was interested in picking up the distribution of it. Probably just not enough of a market for it. If Dave could afford it I think it would be cool to burn it to DVD and make a limited batch and sell em via his web site or similar deal... not for the money... ya know... for the fans!!

Catfish
02-11-2004, 01:08 PM
I think Orgazmo's right. It wasn't meant to be released like that.
It started out as a whacky photo session and evolved.
I don't know about no distribution company wanting to pick it up. Have you seen some of the crap out there that gets released?

meanstreet
02-11-2004, 01:43 PM
It supposedly was an "industry only" video that was never officially released to the public.

DVD's are avaialable on EBay every now and then

Dave IS VH
02-11-2004, 03:11 PM
I think, the DVD Should be release to the Gen. Public, to give his wide range of fans, and others a chance to check it out, it couldn't hurt.

I don't think, it would sell millions of copies, but it might do alright.

TMR
02-12-2004, 12:39 AM
The whole BBQ thing Sucks really bad....there are few moments on the tape, that are cool.

Cool for a home video but not mass production.

Panamark
02-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by TMR
The whole BBQ thing Sucks really bad....there are few moments on the tape, that are cool.

Holy Snappin Goatshit Batman !!!

Did TMR just say something of Dave's sucks ??

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Weeksy Lee Roth
02-17-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
While it's an entertaining piece of work... unfortunately no one was interested in picking up the distribution of it. Probably just not enough of a market for it. If Dave could afford it I think it would be cool to burn it to DVD and make a limited batch and sell em via his web site or similar deal... not for the money... ya know... for the fans!!

Why not put it out as a bonus DVD on his next new album, like alot of other bands are doing, like a double album except the 1st is an audio cd and the other is a DVD. Does the No Holds BBQ dvd go long?

Big Troubles
07-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by TMR

I agree. Pieces were ok, but in general, the industry would laugh at this attempt at Dave selling himself. It needed better production and a more professional director. sorry, but this is one of the rare things that Dave did that was just poor.

rustoffa
07-03-2004, 09:23 PM
I always put it on a loop at parties. Agreed it's not mainstream
material, but I appreciate Dave's stream of conciousness party
tape producing abilities.
:killer:

franksters
11-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Anyway I can get a video copy from someone?

Warham
11-18-2004, 05:16 PM
John Lennon and Paul McCartney farting in '66 and putting it on wax would've sold better than Dave's home-cooked video.

I can't believe I said that, given Dave's excellent video history. But remember, not everything great artists touch turns to gold.

Switch84
11-18-2004, 07:18 PM
:D I loved the "Baker Street" sword play scene and the "Cuban Coffee" bit. I didn't care for the extensive water tunnel hunting scenes, but overall it's a cool DVD.

Davy Baby's zoomed in crotch shot ("Say hello to 'Little Elvis', motherfucker") during "Meanstreet" was hilarious!

bueno bob
11-18-2004, 09:46 PM
I never saw it, but I remember Howard Stern saying he got a copy of it...he thought David was "Having a nervous breakdown on camera" (but in the nicest possible way, actually) :)

franksters
11-19-2004, 09:15 AM
GET ME A COPY SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tobinentinc
11-20-2004, 02:16 AM
I haven't seen it yet! I'm guessing it's here right??

Starwood
11-21-2004, 12:22 PM
BBQ is kind of like fuckin a fat chick. It's a guilty pleasure - but you don't want your friends to know.

franksters
11-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Can I feel guilty too?

c'mon somebody HELP!!

dlrevh00
11-22-2004, 11:38 PM
I have it and can make a copy on DVD for anyone for $10.00 shipped it features the whole BBQ then it plays it again with Dave's complete commentary. Its around 2-1/2 hrs long. If interested Email me @ Dokkenrocks01@yahoo.com