PDA

View Full Version : TRUE STORY: I saw a dream involving Frank Zappa

Golden AWe
02-02-2005, 04:44 PM
The night before yesterday I saw a very special dream.

I was hanging out in a bar, drinking some scotch.

FRANK ZAPPA appeared!

Lately I've been having troubles coming up with lyrics for my current band, we had to replace our drummer with a new one but the guys in guitars have some old and new material, waiting to be formed and later on recorded.

Frank was encouraging me to take a step further. Mixing reality, attitude, fantasy and some of the adventures I've had around Europe.
I could do it.

The first one is about Lola, a wonderful slovakian grrrl I looove. But no, this ain't a cheesy song. Here the thai-boxing grrrl with a six-pack has also turned into a striptease artist with a burning need to BE EVIL, and STEAL. However...she's so good nobody could resist her.

I've written 3-4 almost-ready texts now. These might work. No power pop ballads, no love songs, unless it's DIRTY. I'm not gonna copy Frank, nooo, but a certain mix of pure skill and bizarre elements will be involved, big thanks to our guys in guitars. Metal, lounge, jazz, hard rock it is.

THANK YOU FRANK!!! YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!

Golden AWe
02-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Fakk, last nite when I turned the lights off and went to sleep I had to grab for some paper and a pen. Right after I hit the bed a new idea hit my mind and I wrote it on the paper, in the dark!

And no, I'm not on drugs.

GAR
02-02-2005, 04:47 PM
If Frank came to you in a dream with advice, it must be a good sign - do what he says.

If Frank came in your hair, and you then wake up with the top of your head somewhat moist, it must be a bad sign - do nothing he recommended in that case.

Golden AWe
02-02-2005, 04:50 PM
PHEW!

My hair was dry that morning! Thank Sun.

GAR
02-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Thank Allah AND Sun..

Golden AWe
02-02-2005, 04:56 PM
I cunt wait to practice with the band again.

Well, if I do well with the job interview tomorrow I'll get to move to Helsinki, our capital, closer to rest of the band. Closer to the vietnamese chick ring. Closer to the CIVILIZATION.

GAR
02-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Ah, our Helsinki mates will surely get their peckers pickled using G.A. at the helm of the stage!

Golden AWe
02-03-2005, 03:39 AM
You know Helsinki has gathered international reputation as a very open place for everyone - even homosexuals!

We can play GAY BARS!

ODShowtime
02-03-2005, 11:23 AM
I hate writing lyrics. I wish FZ would help me. All I got was stupid Colin Powell in my dream.

Matt White
02-04-2005, 01:23 AM
"Here the thai-boxing grrrl with a six-pack has also turned into a striptease artist with a burning need to BE EVIL, and STEAL. However...she's so good nobody could resist her."

Now that sounds worth pursuing!!! Almost a "Mothers of Invention" song waiting to happen. If Frank was still around. And with the Mothers.
I still love Moon Unit.

Golden AWe
02-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
"Here the thai-boxing grrrl with a six-pack has also turned into a striptease artist with a burning need to BE EVIL, and STEAL. However...she's so good nobody could resist her."

Now that sounds worth pursuing!!! Almost a "Mothers of Invention" song waiting to happen. If Frank was still around. And with the Mothers.
I still love Moon Unit.

Thanks!

I wish to get more active with the whole band in the near future...

I've been buying more Zappa-stuff lately...the fact is the normal music stores don't have many of his albums but I'm glad there are some specialized shops with even original vinyls in Funland.

The thing I didn't know is that "You can't do that...Vol. 2" is recorded in Helsinki AND it includes a classic finnish tango called "Satumaa"! I haven't heard it yet but I understood they're singing it with finnish lyrics on the album!

Now I have to get that one...

Denny
02-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Thanks!

I wish to get more active with the whole band in the near future...

I've been buying more Zappa-stuff lately...the fact is the normal music stores don't have many of his albums but I'm glad there are some specialized shops with even original vinyls in Funland.

The thing I didn't know is that "You can't do that...Vol. 2" is recorded in Helsinki AND it includes a classic finnish tango called "Satumaa"! I haven't heard it yet but I understood they're singing it with finnish lyrics on the album!

Now I have to get that one...

Shiek Yerbouti is a CLASSIC.

Panamark
02-05-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
And no, I'm not on drugs.

DUDE ! Come on. I read your posts !!

If you are not at least drinking and smokin joints...
well.....

YOU SHOULD BE !! :p

Golden AWe
02-05-2005, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
DUDE ! Come on. I read your posts !!

If you are not at least drinking and smokin joints...
well.....

YOU SHOULD BE !! :p

Hahaha...I will be drinking today, I'm going to Tampere...getting joints in Finland, however, is too much of a task...the good pot is rare and expensive thanks to our government and people who still think pot is something straight out of Satan! We probably have the tightest border cuntrol in the Europe...

Golden AWe
02-05-2005, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Denny
Shiek Yerbouti is a CLASSIC.

Yesss...I have bought "Sheik Yerbouti", "Joe's Garage", a best of compilation and some live bootlegs and a few downloaded mp3 so far. Many, many more to get...

Matt White
02-09-2005, 12:36 AM
"Peaches En Regalia" is a fucking MASTERPIECE! Fuck, Frank could play!!!