View Full Version : Bush Brings Back The Blacklist

LoungeMachine
02-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Top News
Bush Administration
What is RSS? | All RSS Feeds
Some Barred From Bush's North Dakota Speech
Friday, February 4, 2005; Page A08

Not everyone was welcome, apparently, at President Bush's speech in North Dakota yesterday.

The Fargo Forum reported that a city commissioner, a liberal radio producer, a deputy Democratic campaign manager and a number of university professors were among more than 40 area residents who were barred from attending the Bush event. Their names were on a list supplied to workers at two ticket distribution sites.

The "Bush blacklist" is "frightening," Tom Athans, chief executive of Democracy Radio, said after learning that a producer for the liberal "Ed Schultz Show" was among those barred. "To blacklist a local citizen because he produces a radio program at odds with the political agenda of the White House is dangerous for democracy."

City Commissioner Linda Coates, whose husband was also on the list, told the newspaper that the list "is very revealing as to what this administration is all about."

The White House said the list may have come from volunteers; it did not come from the White House.

-- Howard Kurtz

Dr. Love
02-04-2005, 09:14 AM
It's childish.

LoungeMachine
02-04-2005, 09:19 AM
He's obviously all about spreading Freedom and Democracy.....

just not to Fargo

or to ANYONE who disagrees with him

ODShowtime
02-04-2005, 09:31 AM
as we get used to it, this shit will get worse

LoungeMachine
02-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Brings back Nixon memories.......

CVHfan
02-04-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
He's obviously all about spreading Freedom and Democracy.....

just not to Fargo

or to ANYONE who disagrees with him

Or anywhere else in the US either. Doesn't suprise me that he's doing this because it is far from the first example and won't be the last either.

FORD
02-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Every time I read something like this, two things immediately come to mind:

1) Most obviously, of course, is the fascist aspect of it. Censorship, denial of freedom of speech, etc.

2) Just as likely though, is the possibility that all of these "loyalty oaths" to get into a crowd, and the so called "free speech" zones - protest areas which can be miles from the actual events - are actually manipulated by Rove and/or the PNAC'ers in order to keep Junior in the dark about how much he is truly despised in this country.

I don't think the Idiot knows, honestly. He admits to not reading newspapers or watching TV, and that he gets all of his information from the known liars in his own cabinet. What if they're telling him how universally "loved" he is, and the goddamn stupid son of a bitch actually believes it?

VHdamaco
02-04-2005, 10:07 AM
great...

how stupid do you have to be to prohibit one of your enemies to your speech?

ford, i think that fourth reich you're talking about is on a collision course with the states, and there's no stopping it, even if the head retard himself realizes it and tries to pull back.

i'm thinking this the first sign that the final seal of hell is opening up and now satan and all his boys are coming for us.

hopefully he'll eat another pretzel and actually die from it this time

ODShowtime
02-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I don't think the Idiot knows, honestly. He admits to not reading newspapers or watching TV, and that he gets all of his information from the known liars in his own cabinet. What if they're telling him how universally "loved" he is, and the goddamn stupid son of a bitch actually believes it?

That's another excellent idea/observation from you Ford.
"goddamn stupid son of a bitch " I love it!:D