Looks That Kill

hard rock
02-04-2005, 10:16 AM
girls girls girls

wildside

Dr feelgood

looks that kill

to young to fall in love

i know you only said 5 and there all classics but i wanted to add 2 newer tracks

bitter pill

afraid.

ALinChainz
02-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Looks That Kill
Ten Seconds To Love
Girls, Girls, Girls
Primal Scream
Rock and Roll Junkie

Matt White
02-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Knock 'em Dead Kid

Live Wire

Ten Seconds to Love

Too Fast for Love

Helter Skelter

hard rock
02-04-2005, 12:14 PM
yeah i forgot primal scream. that tune is killer!!!!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
02-04-2005, 07:58 PM
1. Live Wire
2. Wild Side
3. Looks That Kill
4. Too Young to Fall in Love
5. (tie) Kickstart My Heart/Dr. Feelgood

POJO_Risin
02-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Wow...Va and I agree on something...

1. Live Wire...

2. Kickstart My Heart (preferably the live version...man...they opened up with that on the Feelgood tour...and that fucking concert shredded from that point on)

3. Wild Side

4. Girls, Girls, Girls

5. Girls don't go Away Mad (just go away)...great story with this song...they were playing in Cleveland...came out and did there encore...and left...lights are up...crowd starts chanting Crue...five minutes goes by...roadies are out dismantling Tommy's shit...shit going down...Vince walks out with a guitar...and says, "Fuck it...if you stupid fuckers are going to stay"....and starts playing this song...crowd is going apeshit...Nikki walks out...followed by Tommy...literally pulling his pants on...Mick never showed up...probably having convulsions somewhere...Nikki grabs his base...and Tommy grabs one of Mick's guitars...

The place was going apeshit...it sounded horrible...

but after the tune...Tommy was like, "We always get the best pussy in Cleveland...so you dumbasses get out of here so we can get some..."

Mezro
02-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Uncle Jack
'Till Death Do Us Part
Hooligan's Holiday
Poison Apples
Power To the Music

Mezro...Vince who?...

Big Troubles
02-04-2005, 08:42 PM
1 live wire (fucking kick ass guitar and drum work)

2 too fast for love

3 red hot

4 dancin on broken glass

5 the new "sick love song" single kicks ass IMO.

academic punk
02-04-2005, 08:43 PM
pick FIVE??!?

That's being waaaay too generous to this batch. maybe "smokin' in the boys room, 'cause at least that was actually written by someone else.

The Dirt, though, is an absolute must-read. The Led Zeppelin IV of rock bios.

Big Troubles
02-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

1. Live Wire...

2. Kickstart My Heart (preferably the live version...man...they opened up with that on the Feelgood tour...and that fucking concert shredded from that point on)

3. Wild Side

4. Girls, Girls, Girls

5. Girls don't go Away Mad (just go away)...great story with this song...they were playing in Cleveland...came out and did there encore...and left...lights are up...crowd starts chanting Crue...five minutes goes by...roadies are out dismantling Tommy's shit...shit going down...Vince walks out with a guitar...and says, "Fuck it...if you stupid fuckers are going to stay"....and starts playing this song...crowd is going apeshit...Nikki walks out...followed by Tommy...literally pulling his pants on...Mick never showed up...probably having convulsions somewhere...Nikki grabs his base...and Tommy grabs one of Mick's guitars...

The place was going apeshit...it sounded horrible...

but after the tune...Tommy was like, "We always get the best pussy in Cleveland...so you dumbasses get out of here so we can get some..."

Nice. :) that story makes me think, "whatever happened to that rock and roll attitude?" Cool story man.

Big Troubles
02-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
pick FIVE??!?

That's being waaaay too generous to this batch. maybe "smokin' in the boys room, 'cause at least that was actually written by someone else.

The Dirt, though, is an absolute must-read. The Led Zeppelin IV of rock bios.

not a Crue fan? Smokin in the Boys room got way too much airplay. I grew tired of it the same fucking year it came out. lol

academic punk
02-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh, I'm not a fan of the song. I was just trying to give them a little leeway.

Big Troubles
02-04-2005, 08:48 PM
I c. :)

POJO_Risin
02-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Nice. :) that story makes me think, "whatever happened to that rock and roll attitude?" Cool story man.

Yeah bro...that was a great few years of shows...and a lot of great fucking stories...

Saw a fucking boatload of shows in Cleveland and Pittsburgh...a few in Buffalo as well...

some big ones...and some little ones...

lmfao...I think I need to start a thread...

But that Crue show...for Feelgood...92 I think...was one of my top 5...

when they came shredding out of the floor...like I said...it didn't fucking stop for 2+ hours...and then the xtra encore...

I had seen the Crue 3 times before...Pittsburgh and Cleveland in 88 or 89...

Erie way back when...

nothing topped that show in Cleveland in 92 for the Crue...

Big Troubles
02-04-2005, 08:55 PM
start the thread. Good Concert Stories or Road Trips. Id like to read what everyone has to say about party's and concerts. That'd be cool.

Never went to any BIG concerts. I guess my best was Dave this past Nov. But I would've loved to have seen the Crue in their prime.

POJO_Risin
02-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Well...the Crue were certainly of the VH vintage of putting on a bad ass live show...

I can't wait to see this production they are going to put out now...it's supposedly going to be a big deal show...

I'll start a concert thread tonight...damn...I've got a slew of fucking bad ass memories...

Susie Q
02-04-2005, 09:21 PM
My favorite Crue songs are:

WILDSIDE - the drums in that are fantastic. Especially about 1 minute 14 seconds into the song.....LOVE IT!

SHOUT AT THE DEVIL

LIVE WIRE - again....the drumming in this one.

BASTARD - sentimental reasons for that song. Made me feel vindicated.

TOO YOUNG TO FALL IN LOVE

BrownSound1
02-04-2005, 11:07 PM
I thought I was the only one in the world who loved Livewire. I'm glad to see I'm not the Lone Ranger.

1. Livewire
2. Too Young To Fall In Love
3. Looks that Kill
4. Shout at the Devil
5. Dr. Feelgood

ALinChainz
02-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Uncle Jack
'Till Death Do Us Part
Hooligan's Holiday
Poison Apples
Power To the Music

Mezro...Vince who?...

Killer album bro.

Fucking killer.

Welcome to the Numb.

TLR
02-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Primal Scream
Wild Side
Helter Skelter
Too Young To Fall In Love
Girls, Girls, Girls

Panamark
02-05-2005, 01:48 AM
BS1 ?? Livewire ???

I thought everyone recognized that as the quintessential Motley Crue
song. We used to do a good cover of that.. (Apart from our singer,
who sucked)

-Live Wire
-Shout at the Devil
-Bastard !!!! (Yeah !)
-Danger (Fook, is that the title ??)
-Looks that Kill

Too young, Helter Skelter and Dr Feelgood
(extending the five)

mwsully
02-05-2005, 01:51 AM
All songs from Too Fast For Love Album. Raw, crunchy guitars, simplistic hard rock. Hard driving sound. I know I didn't limit myself to five.

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 02:04 AM
Take me To The Top

Piece Of Your Action

Bastard

Looks That Kill

Ten Seconde To Love

Anything after Shout At The Devil sucks...

Panamark
02-05-2005, 02:14 AM
Piece of your action, good call Sir G !
I forgot about that one, I like that one too..

Rikk
02-05-2005, 02:32 AM
1) A RAT LIKE ME (god, GENERATION SWINE is under-rated)

2) MERRY GO-ROUND

3) ROCKETSHIP

4) LOOKS THAT KILL

5) PRIMAL SCREAM

Panamark
02-05-2005, 03:29 AM
Rikk, is Rocketship a Corabi song ??? I dont recall that from the original band..

Rikk
02-05-2005, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Rikk, is Rocketship a Corabi song ??? I dont recall that from the original band..

ROCKETSHIP is a real psychedelic kind of thing from the GENERATION SWINE reunion album. It's just really cool-sounding and actually has Nikki doing a ghostly vocal. I really dig that song.

I actually don't like the CORABI stuff at all. They got too bluesy and I hate CORABI's voice. The only song they did that I actually like is MISUNDERSTOOD. But I don't really think it's the same band.

Mr Badguy
02-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Primal scream
Wild side
Too fast for love
Stick to your guns
White punks on dope

Va Beach VH Fan
02-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Must've been a fluke.... ;)

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?Content=A-MOTCRU&Date_From=Today&Date_To=02-05-2007&By=Artist&PSKey=Y&StartSearch.x=8&StartSearch.y=5

Closest looks to be either Greensboro or Greenville, SC....

Mezro
02-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Killer album bro.

Fucking killer.

Welcome to the Numb.

So underrated too.

Mezro...MC fans need to give this one a second chance...

ALinChainz
02-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
So underrated too.

Mezro...MC fans need to give this one a second chance...

Even take Corabi out of the equation, the band rose to it heavy.

Should get a second look by all means.

Marlowe01
02-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Primal Scream
Hooligan's Holiday
Too Young to Fall in Love
Wild Side
Looks That Kill
Home Sweet Home

Marlowe01
02-06-2005, 12:15 AM
I thought the MOTLEY CRUE album (1994) was the underrated CD, although Generation Swine was pretty good and very underrated. Without Vince Neil, the critics automatically said that album sucked (self-titled). Oh my god, Motley Crue got a little bit ballsier! We can't have that!

MAX
02-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Gosh,

I LOVED The Crue once VH disbanded. Nowhere near the caliber of the Mighty VH but had the same attitude. Well, maybe a bit more partying wise. I saw them in '87 with Whitesnake as the opening act. Laugh now but at the time that was one STELLAR show. The Crue still partied their collective balls off. Vince pulled out a bottle of Jack and made Nikki Sixx guzzle in front of the crowd. Tommy mooned the crowd after his drum solo as well. All of us chanting "Fucking down it Sixx!!!" it rocked. Whitesnake was cool too. Aldridge and Sarzo from Ozzy and Campbell from Dio? Too cool.

1987 was an odd year cos a lot of my friends were into the fucking "Joshua Tree" and I was the only rocker in my "Crue." lol. I was also a friggin' jock. Hence, my title at the time, "Heavy Metal Pretty Boy!!!" LMAO!!!

Anyway, ahhhh the Crue.......

My top fivers:

1) Shout at the Devil - Still pumps me up before I work out.

2) Knock 'em dead Kid - We used to play that in my band while in highschool. Brings back too many stellar memories.

3) Looks that Kill - Still love crankin' it.

4) Wildside - Again, just 1987. A friggin' stellar year in my life. Also, my little bro made a vid of a bunch of us 4-Wheelin' and used the song as the music. What morons we were as kids!!! Jumping Jeeps and shit. lol.

5) Girls! Girls! Girls! - Just the theme alone. Come on?

TwoFoolsAMinute
02-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Wild Side
Don't Go Away Mad
SOS
Looks That Kill
Live Wire

hotdog@ a shake
02-06-2005, 02:28 AM
I alwayz liked what Motley did with Elvis' "Jailhouse Rock"...

their Beatles cover of "Helter Skelter" kix ass 2!

My All Time Top 5? az of now:

1) Wild Side
2) Dr. Feelgood
3) Sick Love Song
4) Primal Scream
5) Find Myself