PDA

View Full Version : Kerry speaks

Steve Savicki
02-04-2005, 03:02 PM
America gets it even if George Bush doesn't. Thousands of families from all across the nation have called our Give Voice to Our Values phone line (866-876-4490) and left one compelling message after another about the need to put Kids First.

Listen for yourself. Hear some of the moving testimony about the importance of passing the Kids First Act of 2005 and providing health insurance to the 11 million American children now living without it:

http://www.johnkerry.com/listen

This is the first nationwide online public hearing on an issue before the Congress. The thousands of testimonials we've received from concerned Americans are an invaluable contribution to the fight for better health care in our country.

Obviously, we have a lot of tough fights ahead because, on issue after issue, the Bush administration's policies are way out of step with the American people and frankly, with American values. Why else would George W. Bush devote his State of the Union speech to trying to stampede the nation into a phony sense of crisis over Social Security.

Instead of barnstorming the country today to gin up support for privatizing Social Security, why isn't he rallying America to action on the REAL crisis of millions of children waking up every morning exposed to the risks of living without health insurance?

We've got to make it clear that we will never let the President stampede the country into undermining Social Security. And we will keep giving voice to our values until each and every child in America has health insurance.

I will be contacting you later about the special role our johnkerry.com community can play in the effort to protect Social Security. Meanwhile, there are two steps I hope you will take right now to advance our Put Kids First campaign.

First, if you have a story to share, please call our "Give Voice to Our Values" project at 866-876-4490. Then, forward this message to a friend, neighbor, or family member. We want as many people as possible to hear the compelling messages we've gathered in support of our Put Kids First initiative.

I am very excited about the energy and enthusiasm you have helped generate on behalf of this vitally important effort. Let's keep it up.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

P.S. I urge you to listen to the sampling of messages we've gathered. There is no doubt about America's commitment to helping children. We just have to keep the pressure on until the White House and the Republican Congress have no choice but to act.

http://www.johnkerry.com/listen

frets5150
02-04-2005, 03:14 PM
"We just have to keep the pressure on until the White House and the Republican Congress have no choice but to act."

They don't give a FUCK!!!

Warham
02-04-2005, 03:48 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Did somebody say something?