PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever play through a RIVERA???

buckshotjenkins
02-06-2005, 02:20 AM
i bought (supposedly) the 2nd 5150 combo amp in syracuse in jan '96. i actually found it bassy and hissy and got rid of it a while later. now i miss the power and loudness it had! i need a big amp again and i'm looking into rivera, the company mark rivera started after he left fender. i want a sharp tubey tone...

ever play one? what did you think?

Nitro Express
02-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey, I'm a Syracuse University alumni. I majored in beer drinking.

If you really want a nice high gain sound, you can,t beat a Soldano. It has all the good things you liked in the 5150 without the noise.

To be honest though, I think for high gain, you might try some of the new Marshall or Randall solidstate stuff. I'm a tube guy but for some of the harsh, balls to the wall stuff, there's solid state stuff that will deliver that and you don't have the maintenance and expense of tubes.

GAR
02-08-2005, 08:40 PM
I like the old Marshall 100's, but rebuilt with my specs.

I haven't heard any amp stock I really like, but the Mojave 100 is a good amp for up to about 4 on the volume knob.

mwsully
02-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by buckshotjenkins
i bought (supposedly) the 2nd 5150 combo amp in syracuse in jan '96. i actually found it bassy and hissy and got rid of it a while later. now i miss the power and loudness it had! i need a big amp again and i'm looking into rivera, the company mark rivera started after he left fender. i want a sharp tubey tone...

ever play one? what did you think?

I have a Rivera M-60 head used off Ebay and I love it! Very versatile, great clean channel, awesome od channel, and plenty of options to hone your sound.

Being a tube amp, it has some hum, but nothing more than what you would get from a similarly priced amp.

jojo2371
02-19-2005, 10:15 PM
i've played one and mwsully is right on ,its a nice amp !

BrownSound1
03-17-2005, 05:15 PM
They're alright...got no problems with Riveras

Nitro Express
03-17-2005, 11:16 PM
I picked up a Sovtek MIG 100 because it was cheap and man, it's got gain and is loud as shit! To be honest, this thing sounds great with my Wolfgang, you get the dynamics but not the noise and hiss of a 5150. It seems pretty well built too for what it is.