PDA

View Full Version : What is the best concert you been in your life?

Dave IS VH
02-12-2004, 03:59 AM
What is the best concert, you been to in your life?, where wore you setting/Standing?, and the date, or year of the concert? If you want, you can share any special experiences such as, meeting the band back stage, etc.

The greatest concert, I've been to was from the Aerosmith,and Kiss tour, I sat 7'th row from stage (Main floor), the concert took place in Minneapolis , MN, and the Date was, November of 2003.

Please, try to give more then DLR/Classic VH answers, at less it's something really great.

We all know, Dave is the greatest singer of all time, and Classic VH is the greatest band of all time. :)

Golden AWe
02-12-2004, 06:14 AM
I've only seen Dave once but musically my favorite concert was one by a Finnish progressive rock/Deep pop giant Wigwam, I saw them play in this small club two years ago...I've seen several of their concerts but this time they jammed for two and a half hours...it was amazing.

Anthrax was great last summer, first time I saw them...they were having fun and isn't that what it's all about?

BITEYOASS
02-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Seeing Dave in Vegas on July, 3 2001. I flew in from Yuma, AZ just to see the concert. I was quite drunk and I sat down, got up and pissed off some of the security when I stood up on my chair. Dave was at the top of his game at this concert. Here are some rothisms that I remember: (when he brought out a bottle of jack daniels) "my doctor told me that when I head out to the desert, that I'll need to drink some cool beverages" LOL! Here's another one: (when the wind started blowing hard on the stage) "Blow me mother nature!"

Sarge and I believe Von was there also. During the concert Sarge was over near the front row chatting with Neil Zlowzower and got to go backstage and meet Dave! I tried to bribe one of the security people to let me in backstage, but I gave up after a couple efforts. Plus the fact that one of the Clark county sheriffs was approaching so I split, some weirdo who looked like Steve Perry and dressed like Alex started to freak me out. There was also some whino in a wheel chair begging for Bart's autograph. It would have been better for me just to not try and get backstage in the first place. After that I drank a double shot of scotch in dissapointed, freaked out Conmee with my Al Jolson impersonation, then went into my room and passed out.

The next morning I decide to head down to the roulette wheel and make up for the couple hundred I lost the day before. When out of nowhere Diamond Dave comes walking by. So I say: Hey Dave WAZZUP!!! I chatted with him for a few minutes and shook hands with him. Left the camera in my room and didn't ask for an autograph because the last time I got one, it was from Emerson Fitapaldi and he wound up crashing his car the next day at MIS(michigan international speedway), then he retired.

Overall it was the best damn concert I've ever been to!

THE END

Full Bug
02-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Thats a really hard one to answer, but the first one that comes to mind was the Iron Maiden Somewhere in Time tour, that show just blew me away, and I won front row centre tickets to Pink Floyd in the early 90's, to say that was a awesome experience doesnt even do it justice.....
Oh yeah, and having 2'nd row centers to see Ozzy on the No Rest For The Wicked tour was great too, seeing Ozzy and Zakk perform close up was very cool, Ozzy even threw buckets of water on me like he does still at most shows.....

pongracj
02-12-2004, 11:19 AM
The best concert I have been to has to be the Sars Concert in Toronto, with AC/DC and The Rollling Stones. But a runner up would be Def Leppard in the summer.

Mr Badguy
02-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Iron maiden/Halford in Glasgow 2000.

What a night of loud heavy metal classics.

MEGA!

DLR7884
02-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Audioslave in a club in Philly was a great show.

I'm only 25, so good shows are few and far between these days.

Roger Waters "In The Flesh" show in 2000 was good too.

DLR7884
Many others were good, but these are 2 of the better ones.

High Life Man
02-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Crowded House opening for Peter Gabriel. An amazing and vastly underrated band.

With AC/DC in 2001 a close second.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
The greatest concert, I've been to was from the Aerosmith,and Kiss tour, I sat 7'th row from stage (Main floor), the concert took place in Minneapolis , MN, and the Date was, November of 2003.

No disrespect intended bro, but just how old are you ??

What I mean is I saw that show also, in Greensboro, in November, and while I enjoyed the show, I can't put it anywhere near the best... The setlists were very average, a lot of the time they were just going through the motions....

Now I will say this, if that show had been in 1976, then you might have something !!!

But anyways, I know I'm breaking your rules, but there was no concert experience for me like May 20th, 1984, in San Diego....

Van Halen, in their prime, in their virtual backyard, jammed packed house, radio station playing nothing but VH all weekend long...

My tickets were in the upper deck, but by the time the house lights went down, me and my buddy were about 20 feet or so from Eddie when he launched into "Unchained"....

BTW, the next night the tape of that showed ended up being the "Sundown in San Diego" bootleg....

I'll never forget it... :D

Big Troubles
02-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Believe it or not the best concert Ive seen was The Dead Milkmen in 91 or 92. They put on one hell of a show!

Big Troubles
02-12-2004, 07:26 PM
if you like alternative or punk...check em out.

Dave's PA Rental
02-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I cant believe that im saying this, but the best concert that I have ever been to was the Rolling Stones in Foxboro, Mass. in 1998. I was never a Stones fan, but someone gave me a ticket, and it turned out to be incredable. I was on stage right and one time Mick came running over to my side and I ran down the steps and high-fived Mick Jagger... Thos old men never once slowed down. I walked away so impressed by Mick and the boys...(I still dont own a single Stones album, though...)

Dave IS VH
02-13-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
No disrespect intended bro, but just how old are you ??

What I mean is I saw that show also, in Greensboro, in November, and while I enjoyed the show, I can't put it anywhere near the best... The setlists were very average, a lot of the time they were just going through the motions....

Now I will say this, if that show had been in 1976, then you might have something !!!

But anyways, I know I'm breaking your rules, but there was no concert experience for me like May 20th, 1984, in San Diego....

Van Halen, in their prime, in their virtual backyard, jammed packed house, radio station playing nothing but VH all weekend long...

My tickets were in the upper deck, but by the time the house lights went down, me and my buddy were about 20 feet or so from Eddie when he launched into "Unchained"....

BTW, the next night the tape of that showed ended up being the "Sundown in San Diego" bootleg....

I'll never forget it... :D

yeah, It was more the fact that I had, those kick ass seats, and it was the first time in life I seen Kiss.

I also seen Dave Twice, during the 2001 tour, and got front row both times.

Panamark
02-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Two concerts that I'll always remember, Metallica in Melbourne, this was just after the release of Master of Puppets, probably around 86 ? So the setlist was the first three albums ! My bass player and myself at the time managed to push our way to the front of the crowd during the support act, this was a bad move. When Metallica came on the crowd surged and we were pushe against this six foot barrier. I remember thinking I was going to die, I couldnt breathe for shit. ANyways, security realized what was going down and managed to get everyone back. I got the fuck out of there and moved back where it was a bit safer. The show kicked ass, Metallica at their absolute best.
Probably 40,000 fans, packed venue.

The second was Ozzy from the "No more tours" era. I think it was 98. I remember the lineup was Zakk, Mike Inez, and Randy Castillo.
They bought a very basic setup to Australia. But it Rocked ! Ozzy attracted a strange crowd in Sydney, everyone looked like they were tripping or on some kinds of drugs. But they were great, really on the night I saw them.
Around 30,000 fans.

Unfortunately no Van Halen to report ! The only chance I got was Van Cherone a few years back. And they could stick that up their clackers. As much as I wanted to see Ed play live for the first time, without the original band they could get fucked. I dont think they got great attendances in Sydney either...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Hey bro, I banged a waitress in Melbourne about 20 years ago....

Tell the blond working at the Hippodrome I said hello !!!!

Hehehehehe.....

High Life Man
02-13-2004, 11:00 AM

Does the name of the place of employment reflect on the physical nature of its employees? :D

AndyChad
02-13-2004, 01:17 PM
VH (obviously!) Donnington Park '84...Pat Travers '79 in Manchester.. U2 Leeds '93 (i think)... Metallica '97 Orlando.. Stereophonics, Slims San Fransisco '99, this small club after seeing them support Aerosmith at Wembley Stadium, couldn't get two vastly different venues! MaCartney last year was good (no really!). Oh, and did i say VH '78?..nuff said.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by High Life Man
Does the name of the place of employment reflect on the physical nature of its employees? :D

In Australia ???? Oh hell no.....

Panamark
02-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Hey bro, I banged a waitress in Melbourne about 20 years ago....

Hehehehehe.....

I dont get down to Melbourne as much I would like. I was there at Christmas time for the first time in years. (Its about 1100km from where I live). I am originally a Melbourne boy, and I love the place. Its a bits too cold for me in Winter now, having gotten used to the more tropical areas of OZ.

As to the Blonde at the Hippodrome, you must have changed the course of history that night VA, the Hippodrome is now "The Melbourne Comedy Theatre" :D

I do remember going to that joint once when I was about 16, fucked if I know how they let me in. I only looked about 14 when I was 16. Here in Oz the drinking age is 18. How did you guys manage to wait until 21 ?

There was a huge array of available Blondes the night I was there, so I reckon you must have done ok ! :D
Melbourne chicks rule ! Sydney chicks are a bit snooty and up themselves. (oops gotta be careful what I say, these walls have ears !)

PHOENIX
02-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Best show for me was Metallica on the And Justice for All tour.:D

Va Beach VH Fan
02-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
As to the Blonde at the Hippodrome, you must have changed the course of history that night VA, the Hippodrome is now "The Melbourne Comedy Theatre" :D

I do remember going to that joint once when I was about 16, fucked if I know how they let me in. I only looked about 14 when I was 16. Here in Oz the drinking age is 18. How did you guys manage to wait until 21 ?

There was a huge array of available Blondes the night I was there, so I reckon you must have done ok ! :D
Melbourne chicks rule ! Sydney chicks are a bit snooty and up themselves. (oops gotta be careful what I say, these walls have ears !)

LOL, that's a strange remodeling job...

If I remember correctly, the place had a huge replica missile in the middle of the floor that went from the ground floor up to the 2nd or 3rd floor... Dry ice, all that shit...

As for your Aussie chicks, I'd have to say just the opposite...

With the exception of the waitress, we really got the cold shoulder in Melbourne, protests at the pier (for a ship with hardly any armaments)...

Now Sydney was one huge party... 75th anniversary of the Royal Aussie Navy, Sailors from 7 different countries numbering about 40,000... And at least as many Aussie girls....

TMR
02-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Best Show ever.......I've been too so many shows in my life. Even though I seen great performances by Megadeth, Hall & Oates, Huey Lewis, Motley Crue, Warrrant, etc........DAVID LEE ROTH SKYSCRAPER TOUR is the best concert ever! I would say Eat'em and Smile but i've only seen it on Boot because of a motorcycle accident I was in!

I can't believe that most of you didn't have David Lee Roth or VH as your favorite, very strange.....

Another great show had to be seeing Dave in a club during the YOUR FILTHY LITTLE MOUTH tour....NIGHT LIFE, BIG TRAIN, and EXPERIENcE came off great live!!!

Panamark
02-14-2004, 12:13 AM
TMR, Im sure I would have Dave if he I had the chance to see him.

VA, gotta watch those Sydney chicks that hang out near Garden Island. Fucking Kings Cross is two feet away from there. (The epi-centre of Australian whoredom !!) :D But Im glad they showed you guys a good time. My Dad is ex Australian Navy and has some wild stories from the Garden Island days..

rustoffa
02-14-2004, 12:43 AM
The crazy ones have always tended to be the favorites in retrospect.I remember seeing Dee Snider spitting on people in the front row when they opened for Maiden in Jacksonville back in the day.GG Allin?nuff said.Some of the old Flat Duo Jets shows were insane.I thought Motorhead was a rough crowd 'til I finally saw L7.The drummer for Agent Orange tried to throw a drumstick into the crowd one time and it hit the Bass player and he just lost it and pummelled that drummer which led to a full-blown riot.The alltime personal best/worst was Black Flag and DK in Jacksonville beach.We went surfing earlier in the day and I made the mistake of wearing flip-flops into the show.I remember laghing my ass off at Rollins getting nailed in the face with a cup of beer,then a couple of skinheads stomping on my feet.I crawled outta that motherfucker.....my toes hurt but I was still laughing.

SilvioDante
02-14-2004, 05:22 AM
Call me a fanook, but I saw Prince a couple of years ago, blew the place away. Played everything you wanted to hear. When he and the band came out for the thrid encore, they did "Let's Go Crazy", he hit every note on the ending guitar solo. Great show.

Coyote
02-14-2004, 05:35 AM
The Hellacopters back in 2001.

The best thing was that I didn't have to pay a dime for a ticket.
Naturally not, 'cause I was working there... (Lucky me, my break occured right when they were starting. :D )

It was this humongo rock-festival, (kinda like Ozzfest, but with more diversity amongst the rock genre, not just nü-metal) that's held yearly (since 1979) in the neighboring town 'bout a 30min drive away.

Quote from the official site:

"The festival park of Törnävä in Seinäjoki is expecting visitors to arrive for the 26th time and the Real Party of the People welcomes both old and new visitors to join in. Provinssirock 2004 is a three-day festival and it is arranged on 18th - 20th June. Provinssirock aims to preserve its reputation as a festival with a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere where the music and people matter most. The pleasant festival atmosphere is preserved with the help of good services and the area offers, among other things, high-quality dining and restaurant services as well as a well-maintained camping area.

Provinssirock is well-known for its versatile programme. In addition to international and Finnish top performers Provinssirock also offers new interesting names of the future; Provinssirock is on the cutting edge. There are five stages in the festival park where over forty music ensembles perform during the weekend in June. In addition, visitors have an opportunity to see various interdisciplinary groups performing in the festival park representing multiple art forms.

The 25nd Provinssirock was once again a great success. Törnävä was filled with over 60 000 visitors. The festival organiser expects the festival park of Törnävä to be filled with party people again next summer."

They've got David Bowie lined-up. I hope they get The Darkness...

tjvhou812
04-07-2004, 10:31 PM
van halen's monsters of rock....foxboro ma. 1988
i stood about four rows back... great fuckin concert

ashstralia
04-07-2004, 10:48 PM
iron maiden, 82, capitol theatre in sydney.
i was front row, 14 yrs old, first time i saw tits and smelled grass,
and bruce and the band playing number of the beast-
i'm like I WANT IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Elitest
04-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Rory Gallagher
1979 Sheffield City Hall

"fookin ace"

ELVIS
04-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Van Halen 1984 Mississippi coast

Alice Cooper 1989 same place

Ozzy Osbourne and Vandenburg 1982 ..my first show!

:elvis:

Elitest
04-08-2004, 11:02 AM
hmmm...

S.P.G
04-08-2004, 02:22 PM
dave at hammersmith 2004

ALMOSTsaved
04-09-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm not just saying this because of this being the Dave message board, but honest to God, the best show I ever attended was:

Van Halen Diver Down "Hide Your Sheep Tour", July 24, 1982. No show has even come close.

The opening act was a band called After The Fire. After 2 songs, the singer says, "Hello New Orleans." Too bad for him we were in Biloxi, Mississippi!. Well the "boos" started coming along with beer cups and bottles. They made it halfway through the 3rd song and said, "Good night!"

Well, Van Halen hits the stage with "Romeo Delight."

During the breakdown in the middle of the song, "Dave shouts, "Well, it looks like the other band couldn't cut it, Biloxi! Have no fear, Van Halen is here!" The crowd goes nuts...and Dave lifts his arms to reveal to rebel flags underneath his jacket!

The crowd went absolutley nuts to the point that it gave ya goosebumps!

Now that was a fucking show.

Unfortunately, now because of all the bleeding heart liberals, Dave could never get away with the Rebel Flag incident. What a shame indeed!

Va Beach VH Fan
04-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
The opening act was a band called After The Fire. After 2 songs, the singer says, "Hello New Orleans." Too bad for him we were in Biloxi, Mississippi!. Well the "boos" started coming along with beer cups and bottles. They made it halfway through the 3rd song and said, "Good night!"

LMFAO !!!! Classic.....

Reminds ya of that Southwest Airlines commercial....

alexpgrimes
04-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by SilvioDante
Call me a fanook, but I saw Prince a couple of years ago, blew the place away. Played everything you wanted to hear. When he and the band came out for the thrid encore, they did "Let's Go Crazy", he hit every note on the ending guitar solo. Great show. I have to agree with you. I've seen the man twice and he never disappoints.

Susie Q
04-11-2004, 08:33 AM
I went to see Janet Jackson at the Pepsi Arena during the tour that had "Black Cat" in it. Christ, I am so old, I have no clue what CD she was pimping at that time. But, that chick was amazing. Didn't sit one second during her performance. She had a massive amount of energy! (Was that the Rhytm Nation concert?)

I saw Huey Lewis and the News at SPAC...another great concert!
During the FORE days. I met the drummer for the band at the Ramada Inn. (I was too nervous to say anything...LOL)

I saw Skid Row with Bon Jovi when Skid Row first come out. This was at the Syracuse Dome. I met and partied with Sebastian Bach, Dave Sabo, and Rachel Bolan. I got autographs of them.

I saw Motley Crue with Faster Pussycat during the Dr. Feel good Tour. That one was at the Pepsi Arena. I couldn't take my eyes of Nikki Sixx. ;) Tommy going upside down still playing above the crowd was a nice highlight.

I saw Ozzy Osbourne, White Lion, and Vixen at the Glens Falls Civic Center. This was during the Ultimate Sin. I was GREATLY impressed by Randy Castillo. His drum solo I will never forget. Made him the top of my list for favorite drummer...I tell ya! White Lion were very good, but the lead singer loved himself too much, and you could tell. Vixen for "chicks" did a bang up job too.

I saw Stryper down to RPI Field House in Troy. During the "To Hell with the Devil" tour. It was actually very good! I met Oz Fox afterwards and got his autographs, the rest of the fags wouldn't come out of the tour bus for the whole 4 people that were waiting outside.I went with two girlfriends, and one was kinda crushed during the thing. We went and complained and got tickets to see Poison and Ratt that following month. THAT was a great concert too!

Then I saw Poison and Warrant together. That was at the Pepsi again. I have all these ticket stubs I will have to dig them out to see what year it was. It was at least 8 years ago or so.

I saw Rainbow when Joe Lyn Turner was in it during that album that had "STONE COLD" on it. Great concert! Tried to meet Ritchie Blackmore, and he just "waved" at us from a window. 17 below zero that night, and about 15 people waiting.

Cheap Trick I saw NUMEROUS of times. They are really not what you would call a concert band, as they don't do all these special effects and what not. They get out there and just play. Rick Neilsen IS Cheap Trick as he keeps things moving along with his antics. My first time was during their Dream Police Tour. I will never forget this one as I had to buy everyones ticket that went with me, we got locked out of our car, my brother Chuck got thrown out of the place....LOL
That one was at Glens Falls Civic Center.

REO Speedwagon puts on a FANTASTIC SHOW and I want to see them again! I saw them at Spac, and at the Starlight Theater down in Latham. I LOVED IT!

I saw Dave in Saratoga during the Dave and Sam show, and saw Dave last October at Northern Lights. He was MUCH better at Northern Lights than he was at SPAC believe it or not. It was nice to see him up close. We could reach out and touch him that is how close we were.

Jesus.....there are so many I went to I can't remember them all.

ALMOSTsaved
04-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Hey Elvis, Mississippi Coast Coliseum 1984 tour? I was there man!

I live 1 mile from Biloxi!

ALMOSTsaved
04-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Oh, I have tickets to see Prince in May...

Prince is a highly underrated guitar player.

stringfelowhawk
04-11-2004, 11:57 AM
The concert with the tightest band I've ever seen was Heart last summer. They didn't play very many 80's songs so it was mostly all the harder 70's stuff. They did do a few hits from the 80's but instead of making them sound all cheesy like they did then, it was just Ann and Nancy doing them acoustically. Gilby Clarke and Mize Inez, I believe, were the rest of the band. Don't remember the drummer's name. But they impressed the hell out of me with how good they were.

Most emotional concert is definately Lynyrd Skynyrd about a month after Leon Wilkenson passed away in 2001. I posted this before the site went down but since its not here anymore. When the spot hit his microphone and it was empty except for his Dr. Suess hat right as they dedicated "Simple Man" to him was just awesome. The audience sang the whole song to him so loud that you could tell they were getting choked up. Johnny quit singing and we finished it for him. And to this day, it is still the only concert I've been to where EVERYBODY stood for the whole damn show.

Ted Nugent kicked ass with Skynyrd at that show too. Great show by both.

Saw Poison, Warrant, Quiet Riot in 2001 cause my neices (both teenagers) were spending the summer with me. I gave them the choice of two concerts, any two that they wanted as long as it wasn't on top 40 radio. They chose the Poison show. Yeah, their music was weak in the 80's and they are seen as a joke because of the "hair band" image. But I was floored by how good they were live. No make up or hair spray, just straight ahead rock. No gimmicks at all. I wasn't into them when they were popular and aren't really now either but they have a few good songs and they kicked ass live.

The other show they chose was the Styx, Bad Company show. I've seens Styx twice and they were damn good both times. They did not disappoint me at all. The first time was in 2000 with Reo Speedwagon who also was damn good live. Bad Company were very good. Especially since they did all the hits and a few truly cool album cuts too.

Billy Squier and Eddie Money were better than my expactations were.

Huey Lewis and The News on the Plan B tour were really good too.

Diamond Dave was the concert that I had the most fun at. He was just cool as a mofo and that night he was so on.

Wayne L.
04-12-2004, 03:03 PM
I saw VH live back in 84 which is one of the greatest concert experiences of my youth along with seeing AC/DC live back in 83 which I never forget at the old Charlotte Coliseum in NC while it's the truth they do NOT do rock & roll tours like these anymore!!!

Sarge
04-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by stringfelowhawk
The concert with the tightest band I've ever seen was Heart last summer.

I can't believe that could be true..

PHOENIX
04-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q

I saw Ozzy Osbourne, White Lion, and Vixen at the Glens Falls Civic Center. This was during the Ultimate Sin. I was GREATLY impressed by Randy Castillo. His drum solo I will never forget. Made him the top of my list for favorite drummer...I tell ya! White Lion were very good, but the lead singer loved himself too much, and you could tell. Vixen for "chicks" did a bang up job too.

Correction there Sue that was the "No Rest For The Wicked Tour".:D

Diva Lee Roth
04-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Of course,all of the David Lee Roth shows I have been to were the best ;)....he's unmatched as a showman and I would never compare any other performer to him. It would not be fair...Dave is the greatest entertainer I have ever seen...yeah,yeah,yeah:rolleyes:we get it you love Roth ok so who else was great in concert?

There are only two other people who have impressed me with their live performances and they are:

Ann-Margret-

Don't laugh at Ann-Margret! She's a female Dave and does a heckuva show!!! She's amazing! She can sing everything from hard rock to the classics, she's great dancer, funny storyteller and a still a red hot mama at 62 years of age! Ann-Margret ROCKS!!!:cool:

Bruce Springsteen-

A class act who did a four hour non-stop show. I don't care what anyone says about Bruce Springsteen, I was very impressed with him.. He has a lot of warmth and really connects with the crowd..or at least he did when I saw him in 1981...;)

Susie Q
04-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Correction there Sue that was the "No Rest For The Wicked Tour".:D

You sure Penix? I remember him doing "Thank God for the Bomb"...
At any rate it was a GRATE concert! :D

OH, and another thing...me, Ozzy Fudd, Ladybug, and Diva went to see Foreigner at Northern Lights and THEY were incredible. Lou Gramm was so thankful and greatful to his audience. You could tell he was becoming sick because at one point he looked rather pasty, and he left the stage, and then came back on to finish it all up. Very humble person, and I just LOVED the show. :)

Loons The Great
04-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Page/Plant '95 & '98
or
Diamond David Lee Roth '99,'01,'02,'03
or
R.L.Burnside '98
or
Blind Boy Bobo Babe Karo Lemon Loons Turner II '04

Diva Lee Roth
04-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q

OH, and another thing...me, Ozzy Fudd, Ladybug, and Diva went to see Foreigner at Northern Lights and THEY were incredible. Lou Gramm was so thankful and greatful to his audience. You could tell he was becoming sick because at one point he looked rather pasty, and he left the stage, and then came back on to finish it all up. Very humble person, and I just LOVED the show. :)

Yeah,that show was great,SusieQ!!! We had a great time,didn't we?:cool:

I would definitely add Lou Gramm to my list of performers I admire. What a trouper and sweet guy he is!!! :)

LooseMenace
04-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Well...the Bang For Yer Buck show that always makes my list is Lollapalooza '93: Alice In Chains, Primus, Tool, Fishbone, Arrested Development (way better than you'd think in that environment), Front 242, and a slew of others. Fuckin' hot-ass day in NC, bottled water was 4 bucks.... but the show was just incredible.

Non-package tour? Hmmm.... I'd have to say Queensryche w/ Suicidal Tendencies in Charlotte back in... what? '91? '92? The "Building Empires Tour," where they played tracks off Empire, and then 'Mindcrime" in its entirety.
Suicidal was on the edge of my radar screen at the time, having come so far from "Institutionalized." Mike Muir is almost as awesome a front-man as Dave. He was the biggest surprise of the evening. Bad-ass.

I saw Huey Lewis and the News in Biloxi years ago, with Robert Cray opening. Laugh if you will, but the News (featuring the Tower of Power horns) was WAY BETTER THAN 90% of the bands out there. Every song a hit, played as tightly as you would care to hear it. Professionals, doing it professionally.

King's X with Protein was a good one. Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies never disappoint, ever. Boogie down! Boogie the fuck DOWN!
Man, this could go on forever. Sorry.

moose
04-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Every single Van Halen show I was @ from 79-84 were just great.
David Lee Roth EEAS, Skyscraper, ALAE also real good shows, but to pick just one, I would have to give a thumbs up to The Aug 4th show in 1981 @ Maple Leaf Gardens. I can still see Dave showing Alex how to play the intro to "EveryBody Wants Some" just a grand ole time but then so was the show in Detroit a month earlier, or the forum in Montreal the following day(Aug 5) but then again 20 years ago today April 17th, 1984 17500 fans inside MLG another 17000 outside trying to get in(why they didn't play 2-3 shows is beyond me). there were also the shows from 82', or the WACF tour. To be honest I can't pick just one show they were all good for different reasons....do I have to wait another 20yrs?????????????

VHLifer
04-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Dave played a kick-ass show in Pittsburgh in 88 or 89 but when I saw VH on the world tour 84--the was the best

ALMOSTsaved
04-17-2004, 01:29 PM
I remember the Huey Lewis/Robert Cray show in Biloxi...I didn't go...But I DO remember it.

smaz
04-28-2004, 04:16 PM
Seeing Dave in Feb at Hammersmith Apollo, London while he was in the UK is the best ive been to. Im 16 so i haven't been to many. Alice Cooper at Guilfest last year was also great. Their performances are so much better than newer bands, which makes them sand out more than just plaing much better music.

classicdude
04-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Diva Lee Roth
Of course,all of the David Lee Roth shows I have been to were the best ;)....he's unmatched as a showman and I would never compare any other performer to him. It would not be fair...Dave is the greatest entertainer I have ever seen...yeah,yeah,yeah:rolleyes:we get it you love Roth ok so who else was great in concert?

There are only two other people who have impressed me with their live performances and they are:

Ann-Margret-

Don't laugh at Ann-Margret! She's a female Dave and does a heckuva show!!! She's amazing! She can sing everything from hard rock to the classics, she's great dancer, funny storyteller and a still a red hot mama at 62 years of age! Ann-Margret ROCKS!!!:cool:

Bruce Springsteen-

A class act who did a four hour non-stop show. I don't care what anyone says about Bruce Springsteen, I was very impressed with him.. He has a lot of warmth and really connects with the crowd..or at least he did when I saw him in 1981...;)

Diamond Dave is a genre unto himself, and Bruce has the emotional show down. Ann-Margaret??? Did she show the........

Jano
04-29-2004, 07:29 AM
dave in 1988, Whitesnake with Steve Vai was a kickass show,Warrant at their start in a little club in Oklahoma ,the scorpions in 1982 at Dijon(France) and my first show in 1980 Ted Nugent during the scream dream tour in France!!!!