PDA

View Full Version : 7 Reasons Men Cheat

Northern Girl
02-06-2005, 10:38 AM
How do things get to the point where he might cheat on you? After all, you're an attractive, funny, sexy and smart woman. You should be enough for him, right? In an ideal world, yes — but when was the last time your world was ideal? Not recently, if you can relate in the least bit to the sting of infidelity.

There are numerous reasons why men may endanger a relationship by cheating — if you catch a guy in a confessional mood here are a few you may hear:

1. Fear of commitment
"I had been dating Michelle for about four months when the invitation to her Dad's party arrived. I guess we were an item, but it was freaky becoming a 'plus one' overnight. Maybe that's why I hooked up with my buddy's cousin, I don't know. She was pretty, from out of town and understood this was a one-time thing ... I never did make it to that party."
— Victor, Scottsdale, Ariz.

2. For the thrill of it
"Every year I'm responsible for an intern. Usually it is some clingy, overachieving geek, but this year I scored. A redheaded beauty, she knew she was the bee's knees and enjoyed watching me drool. It was risky and I didn't get much work done, but my girlfriend knows my work comes first."
— Roger, Atlanta, Ga.

3. He is not fulfilled
"My ex, Brenda and I started out sharing late nights, long talks and make out sessions at the pub. It was beautiful, but it faded quickly. Now I'm lucky to get her off the couch. And physical intimacy? Well, forget about it. I think it was a return to those early days I was looking for that Saturday night I found myself at the pub by myself and on the prowl. I didn't leave alone, but I sure feel that way now."
— TJ, San Francisco, Calif.

4. Sabotage
"Sandie and I always seemed mismatched, but between my waffling and her crying I could never quite end it with her. It got so bad that eventually I started to resent her. I had to do something. I know it wasn't right, but one night I hit on a friend of hers and well, something happened. It wasn't the best way to end a relationship but at least it's done."
— Drew, Dallas, Texas

5. Revenge
"I love parties and I wasn't about to miss another just because my girlfriend doesn't — so I went stag. Sure, there were some real hotties there and a little innocent flirting on my part, but that's all. But that wasn't good enough for Gina. She was sure I had cheated, and holds it over my head to this day. Well, let her think what she wants. She's got a past, too. There will be other parties and maybe next time I won't be so innocent."
— Alex, Buffalo, N.Y.

6. Because you let him
"Yeah I admit it. I am a little bit of a dog when it comes to the ladies. Even though I consider Angela my girlfriend, there have been other women. I'm not saying that she thinks it was okay, but she did catch me once and after a little groveling and some flowers she took me right back. A man's got his needs. I think she knows that."
— Paul, Pasadena, Calif.

7. Emotional escape
"The week before I left for my trip, Heather and I got into another doozy. I love her and all, but no matter what I say she always ends up nagging me. I'm just tired of it. I travel a lot and I've got way too much invested in the relationship to break it off, so I have just decided to mix business with pleasure. What she doesn't know won't hurt her and I really need a break now and then."
— Sean, Chicago, Ill.

Northern Girl
02-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
1. Fear of commitment
"I had been dating Michelle for about four months when the invitation to her Dad's party arrived. I guess we were an item, but it was freaky becoming a 'plus one' overnight. Maybe that's why I hooked up with my buddy's cousin, I don't know. She was pretty, from out of town and understood this was a one-time thing ... I never did make it to that party."
— Victor, Scottsdale, Ariz.

I don't know about this one. If there's no commitment, is it cheating? :confused:

Ozzy Fudd
02-06-2005, 12:00 PM
8. The she wont suckit
" She stoped 5 days after we got married it was almost like i got ya now, i aint gotta no more. alrighty then, your cousin will !!" -Me 1980

Mezro
02-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Crack open a bottle of something - this might take a few minutes.

Confident men cheat because we are naturally explorers; pioneers in the art of trying something new...especially if we are told we can't have it.

Variety is the spice of life - no matter how amazing a woman is the need to upgrade always kicks in.

Think about it: do you wear the same clothes for the rest of your life? Drive the same car? Eat the same meal? Nope, nope and nope. Why would you sleep with the same woman for the rest of your life?

Men that stay single are usually focused on their careers and don't have a void that needs to be filled by another human being. I mean think about it, what takes a bigger set of balls: starting and running a successful company or playing Mr. Mom? I'll take seed funding over seeding the lawn each and every time.

The guys that do get married usually cheat. The ones that don't have zero confidence in their abilities and stay put (in that case usually their wife is getting a pork shower somewhere else).

I have heard the sad story over and over: guy gets fucked for the first time in high school, stays with his "sweetie", next thing you know kids pop out, guy puts all of his dreams on hold to raise a family he never really wanted, guy becomes his father, guy becomes a sloppy fat fuck, guy hates his life and ends up bagging some pig from the local pub on the side, eventually it all falls in, divorce, mess, child support...you would think guy learns...but he never does...pattern repeats 2 or 3 times until the long dirt nap comes around. This is the cycle of white trash america.

So men hear my words: FUCK hard and FUCK free. If the time comes when you feel the need to have a relationship lay down a few ground rules: 1. no marriage. 2. no kids. 3. no questions asked. If you become bored let her know and move on. There are plenty of losers willing to take your leftovers.

Women: men will never stay faithful. If you dump the "exclusivity"expectation from your minds life will glide by much easier.

Mezro...and always play safe...it is the right thing to do...

JCOOK
02-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Men are only as faihful as their options are

Ms. Conduct
02-06-2005, 05:39 PM
I kick um to the curb before the desire to cheat sets in. If you break it off, you are forever in their fond memory bank and never left with dirty sheets.

bueno bob
02-07-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm relatively proud of myself to say that I've never cheated on any of my significant others. I just couldn't live with the guilt of doing so, and I just don't understand how ANYBODY could do it...it's beyond me, I guess...I can understand why people hook up with others (the aformentioned 7 reasons), but I don't understand how the guilt doesn't drive people insane...

academic punk
02-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Wait...you're talking about tax returns, right? shit, everyone does that.

Carmine
02-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I'm relatively proud of myself to say that I've never cheated on any of my significant others. I just couldn't live with the guilt of doing so, and I just don't understand how ANYBODY could do it...it's beyond me, I guess...I can understand why people hook up with others (the aformentioned 7 reasons), but I don't understand how the guilt doesn't drive people insane...

True dat Bob...

Nickdfresh
02-07-2005, 04:48 PM

Oh thanks Bob! Like I needed more guilt!

Carmine
02-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Oh thanks Bob! Like I needed more guilt!

LMAO......:D

BlimpyCHIMP™
02-07-2005, 04:53 PM
IF I COULD FIND A WOMAN WITH A BRAIN ID FIRST MARRY HER IN A HOT SECOND AND FOREGO ANY THIRDS

BC!!
WOMEN CHEAT JUST AS BAD AS THE MEN

tomballin
02-07-2005, 05:20 PM
>>>Why do men cheat

Q: Why do dogs lick their balls.

A: Because they can

Nickdfresh
02-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Women have one egg each. Men have millions of sperm, that's a big part of it.

Also, I wasn't aware that women DON'T cheat!

Little_Skittles
02-07-2005, 07:59 PM
hahaha ya but women are turning the tables on men with the commitment thing.

bueno bob
02-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
hahaha ya but women are turning the tables on men with the commitment thing.

How so? I still hear women complaining about men "Not wanting to commit to a serious relationship" just as loudly as I ever have...it's always splashed across the covers of Cosmo and all those other rags..."Get Him to Commit in 10 Easy Steps!" and so forth...

Little_Skittles
02-07-2005, 10:55 PM
maybe a majority but some women i know are afraid me for example. :D

tomballin
02-07-2005, 11:36 PM

Took real guts to post that around here, awesome BB. 5 Stars for you. You gotta being fairly right brained, if you believe in the R/L brain science.

The more left brain, the more a guy cheats. (tend to have higher testo/low estrogen)

The more right brain, the less they cheat. (then to have higher estrogen/lower testo)

NOTE: Of course if a guy has real high estrogen and real low testo levels, they change their name to Sammy Hagar and want to wear a dress.

High androgenic testo levels clearly will cause that sex hunter situation Mez refers.

Don't believe me, do some andro testo and an estrogen blocker for a while and see what happens guys.

Or get some estrogen cream and rub it on you for a while and see what happens. (You ever rub estrogen cream on your pecker, forget about getting wood, I don’t care how hot and nasty the babe is and what she does to you in the sack……it ain’t happening)

Personally sports fucking never did much for me, with a few VERY vivid execptions. It's like doing a good influence. The high is great, but the after-effect sucks. Of course, who wants to cheat if you have an awesome sexual relationship with the person you are with.

Oh, don’t have this, well fix it!

Tune in next week, for more sex science with Dr. Root

Mezro
02-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by tomballin

High androgenic testo levels clearly will cause that sex hunter situation Mez refers.

Don't believe me, do some andro testo and an estrogen blocker for a while and see what happens guys.

Mezro...presto testo...

Mezro
02-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Mezro...blocko estro...

Mezro
02-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Mezro..testo + blocko estro =...

Mezro
02-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Mezro...and =...

tomballin
02-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Mezro...and =...

He says:

look at this...of course I'm natural, hard work and protein shakes is it all it took.......oh, plus $70,000 a year for "miscellaneous overhead".

Mezro
02-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by tomballin
He says:

look at this...of course I'm natural, hard work and protein shakes is it all it took.......oh, plus $70,000 a year for "miscellaneous overhead".

LOL...injectable business expenses.

Mezro...wonder if he writes off his pins...

Nickdfresh
02-08-2005, 07:12 PM
I just saw a "package" on ET about a new book that claims nearly 50% of all women cheat on their husbands, "Love, Honor, & Betray," about the same percentage as men. So, why is it that men get the bad wrap? (other than the fact that women get caught less).

HippieLettuce
02-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Big cans..

ELVIS
02-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

The guys that do get married usually cheat. The ones that don't have zero confidence in their abilities and stay put (in that case usually their wife is getting a pork shower somewhere else).

Their abilities ??

Dude, you are shallow...

What about the God fearing men who HONOR their wives ??

I know christian men who have been married over 20 years who still treat their wives as if they got married yesterday...

I pray for whoever makes the mistake of marrying you...

ELVIS
02-08-2005, 08:56 PM

A man of conviction!

A rarity in this world...

Little_Skittles
02-08-2005, 09:28 PM
hahaha no a good man is hard to find in this world elvis as well as a good woman. it used to be a woman knew her place and a man his where did those days go? oh that's right activists fighting for equality.

ELVIS
02-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey listen Skittles...

People like you can make a difference in restoring those values...

Educate yourself and raise your voice...

Why not you ??

Frankly, I believe people are growing tired of activism and "alternate lifestyles" and such...

Get out there and take a stand and make a difference...

:elvis:

Little_Skittles
02-08-2005, 09:44 PM
I will i was raised to respect my husband and he too respect me. Yes i think they are too i know i am. Plus i've seen first hand what cheating can do to a person whether it be directly or indirectly.

ELVIS
02-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Say it!

:elvis:

Little_Skittles
02-08-2005, 09:48 PM
i say plenty as it is elvis.

ELVIS
02-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, don't stop!

The world is corrupted...

You can help make a difference...

LoungeMachine
02-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Their abilities ??

Dude, you are shallow...

What about the God fearing men who HONOR their wives ??

I know christian men who have been married over 20 years who still treat their wives as if they got married yesterday...

I pray for whoever makes the mistake of marrying you...

Oh for Christ's fucking sake, why the need to bring your Christianity into EVERY thread? It's like a rule.

Guess what, you and I have also known "Christian" men who have cheated at the fucking drop of a hat, and you know it.:rolleyes:

Ask your brother Jerry Falwell about good Christian Values:D

Who's shallow?

What is it with born again guilt freaks who insist on broadcasting their faith???

My faith is mine. No one will ever be subjected to it unless they ask.

Men cheat. Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, et al...... so do good Christian women. You only have her word that yo momma didnt service the entire block:D

Men Cheat?

I'm now off to start my " 7 Reasons We Breathe" thread

LoungeMachine
02-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

The world is corrupted...

Really? wow.

EVERY fucking time WE say that, you call us pessimistic liberal whiners..........:rolleyes:

But let's assume you're correct.......

Who runs the White House, Senate, a House?
The Christian Right

Who's way do you claim is the ONLY "true" way?
The Christian way

So, if you run everything, and God is ONLY on YOUR side.........why is everything all fucked up and corrupted?????

Please dont say the Devil

:rolleyes:

lms2
02-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
.........why is everything all fucked up and corrupted?????

Please dont say the Devil

:rolleyes:

Its all because Bill cheated on Hillary. :D

SNIPER
02-08-2005, 10:43 PM
only one reason. we are men.

LoungeMachine
02-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by lms2
Its all because Bill cheated on Hillary. :D

If only we could return to those days........

Blow Jobs Not Bombs!!!!

:D

And spare me your Christian indignation ELVIS, you'd take a hummer from Monica if it was offered and you know it.:D

scottydabodi
02-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Y'know, this is gonna sound REALLY funny, but I don't cheat when in a relationship... now I know I am known to bang hot Asian Chicks, but I don't DATE them! When I do, however, wind up in the happenstance of "Dating" someone, I don't cheat. Never have, never will, although I've dumped chicks to score with another one... But actual, technical "cheating"? Not me... Now if that ain't the damndest thing, huh?...

academic punk
02-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Y'know, this is gonna sound REALLY funny, but I don't cheat when in a relationship... now I know I am known to bang hot Asian Chicks, but I don't DATE them! When I do, however, wind up in the happenstance of "Dating" someone, I don't cheat. Never have, never will, although I've dumped chicks to score with another one... But actual, technical "cheating"? Not me... Now if that ain't the damndest thing, huh?...

I call bullshit on this.

scottydabodi
02-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I call bullshit on this.

Seriously, dude! I don't... Full of surprises, I am... soon to be full of SCOTCH!! AAARRR!!!!

academic punk
02-08-2005, 10:54 PM
i'll meet ya over at rikk and natra's. first round on me.

LoungeMachine
02-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I call bullshit on this.

I second that:D

There's only 3 kinds of men.

Those who can't get laid

Those who Cheat

Those who Cheat, but then lie about it on DLR message boards:D

scottydabodi
02-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Booze!! Yup! Sure!

tomballin
02-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi

Baaawaaaa, a lot of dancing around the campfire, I mean ring of fire on this one SD. ROFLOL

Great Post!

scottydabodi
02-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Heh heh heh!!!

Matt White
02-09-2005, 12:29 AM
NG, it's like this:

1.) NARCISSISM

ELVIS
02-09-2005, 01:48 AM

And spare me your Christian indignation ELVIS, you'd take a hummer from Monica if it was offered and you know it.:D

You're wrong...

ELVIS
02-09-2005, 01:55 AM

What is it with born again guilt freaks who insist on broadcasting their faith???

This is a message board, and I post honestly...

My posts reflect what I'm doing and what I'm into at any given moment...

My faith is mine. No one will ever be subjected to it unless they ask.

Ok, I'm asking...

Tell me about your faith...

Men cheat. Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, et al...... so do good Christian women. You only have her word that yo momma didnt service the entire block:D

Some people do not cheat...

I do not...

Panamark
02-09-2005, 02:16 AM
Ive never cheated. If I was in that frame of mind, the relationship
was over anyway. So I would part ways, then cool. No damage done.
I actually disagree with some of the sentiments in this thread.
I believe if you meet your soul mate, you never want to touch
another. When you feel like that, then you know its the real deal.

I am a sexually active person, am proud of my prowess and
experience, (never had any complaints.)
I know I could easily love the same lady, without cheating.
(Im not the dude Mez refers too, the sexually inadequate guy
that feels trapped to one partner) I could fuck a harem with the
energy I have, but I also know I could love one woman faithfully
for the rest of my life. (And be perfectly happy)

Mez, you havent met the right one yet !!

I think the act of giving yourself exclusively to one person is sacred
and beautiful. The ultimate trust between two humans.

Mezro
02-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Mez, you havent met the right one yet !!

I think the act of giving yourself exclusively to one person is sacred
and beautiful. The ultimate trust between two humans.

And I think that is a claustrophobic/terrifying thought.

Mezro...if you are happy mate then more power to you...i like staying alone...keeps my options open...

Ally_Kat
02-09-2005, 03:36 PM
But, just askin' Mez, what happens when you've grown old?

Mezro
02-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

You continue on until you can't continue on.

Mezro...old, alone, so what...many of us will face that someday...

Little_Skittles
02-09-2005, 04:57 PM
No one is ever alone mez.

Mezro
02-09-2005, 04:58 PM
No one is ever alone mez.

How do you figure?

Mezro...and don't tell me God either...I am not a believer...

Little_Skittles
02-09-2005, 05:05 PM
na you got people like me hehehee.

Mezro
02-09-2005, 05:12 PM
na you got people like me hehehee.

Oh fuck..I'm blessed:rolleyes:

Mezro...just kidding...just kidding...

Little_Skittles
02-09-2005, 05:17 PM
your so funny mez :rolleyes:

DLR7884
02-09-2005, 05:23 PM

"YOU'RE" & "YOUR" are NOT the same.

DLR7884
:)

Mezro
02-09-2005, 06:50 PM

Thank you Daisy May.

Mezro...don't forget to feed the hogs and clean the outhouse...

Little_Skittles
02-09-2005, 10:15 PM
mighty welcome.

Panamark
02-10-2005, 01:14 AM
G'day MEZ MAN !

I understand where you are coming from. But it is possible to meet
"the one". When/if you do, you will know. Sadly it seems for a lot of
people, this never happens.

ashstralia
02-10-2005, 05:28 AM
have i cheated?

nah....
but i'd sure like to hear what
your definition of 'is' is.

Northern Girl
02-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Ive never cheated. If I was in that frame of mind, the relationship
was over anyway. So I would part ways, then cool. No damage done.

There you go. If you're feeling the need to wander, then do the honorable thing and break it off. I would rather have a man tell me "I can't stand you anymore, I'm done," than to lie to me and sneak around behind my back. Sure it will sting for awhile, but nothing worse than betrayal in my book. I've been there. It causes all kinds of questions and doubts in yourself. Then someone else has control of your feelings, and that's fucked up. Honesty is the way to go.

Carmine
02-10-2005, 01:32 PM
There you go. If you're feeling the need to wander, then do the honorable thing and break it off. I would rather have a man tell me "I can't stand you anymore, I'm done," than to lie to me and sneak around behind my back. Sure it will sting for awhile, but nothing worse than betrayal in my book. I've been there. It causes all kinds of questions and doubts in yourself. Then someone else has control of your feelings, and that's fucked up. Honesty is the way to go.

Don't ever question yourself...question the other persons. It is NEVER your fault!
Yes. there can be underlying cicumstances, but the decision falls on your signifigant other and the choice they have made. Smile...laugh...then go bang their best friend!:D

Northern Girl
02-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

Having a spouse and kids doesn't guarantee you won't be alone in the end. We're all alone in the end. I'd rather be alone and have no regrets.

What's the divorce rate now days - 60%? Out of the other 40%, how many are truly happy and fulfilled with their life? I would guess less than 10%. And good for them, but that leaves a whole lot of people living with regrets.

SweetSecrets
02-10-2005, 06:25 PM

I am a sexually active person, am proud of my prowess and
experience, (never had any complaints.)

Ha ha! I'm proud of you too baby.....:p . You are an angel.

Little_Skittles
02-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Having a spouse and kids doesn't guarantee you won't be alone in the end. We're all alone in the end. I'd rather be alone and have no regrets.

What's the divorce rate now days - 60%? Out of the other 40%, how many are truly happy and fulfilled with their life? I would guess less than 10%. And good for them, but that leaves a whole lot of people living with regrets.

People rush in too things way to fast these days that's why. Alot of things contribute to divorce. Espcially having kids right after you get married get time to know each other as a married couple and establish a relationship dang!

Ally_Kat
02-11-2005, 12:06 AM
People rush in too things way to fast these days that's why. Alot of things contribute to divorce. Espcially having kids right after you get married get time to know each other as a married couple and establish a relationship dang!

But not always. My parents had me right after they got married (married Oct '82, conceived March '83) and they are going strong 22 years now. Both sets of grandparents got married and had kids right away. Aunts, Uncles, and cousins all followed the suit, too.

I think what might help is to establish a relationship BEFORE you decide to get married and vow to live with this person for the rest of your life, not after. After should be just adjusting to married life and working as a team.

Panamark
02-11-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
Ha ha! I'm proud of you too baby.....:p . You are an angel.

You bring out the best ! ;)

My Love, My Life.

LoungeMachine
02-11-2005, 12:45 AM
" Can't call it cheatin'....cuz she reminds me of you..." - Toad The Wet Sprocket

Panamark
02-11-2005, 12:47 AM

Exactly.