PDA

View Full Version : My Review of B-52 Rocker strings

The Scatologist
02-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Yes, they are very good strings. Wound COMPLETLY by computer controlled machines. Free of Any sort of flaw.

They sound warm, just like the guitar store guy told me.

SO they sound like they may be the best strings in the world right?

WRONG!

These strings totally made my Les Paul sound like a PRS. Yes, they are "warm" however, I was expecting it to be a different type of warm. These strings sound VERY sterile.

Even using the cheap d'addario strings I was using before, my guitar had plenty of honk. The B-52 rockers totally removed that.

In fact, they make your sound so clean and precise that it will sound totally boring. In fact, the only reason I can think of to use these strings for Rock, is for practice. So you have to work that much harder to make your bends and vibratos sing.

Worst part? I heard these strings last for half a year, and I hate wasting money. :mad:

Eyes of the Night
02-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Dood! That's funny ,,, I did that kinda too but I hit a homerun with the Elixer "nanoweb" wound custom lite 9-46's ...

to the point where I can only afford 20 freakin dollar strings, for eyes though around 12 bones, having to end up with plain ol bunches of strings ... like a 20 string pack per gauge that I want ...

Nitro Express
02-23-2005, 03:26 AM
I just order my strings in bulk from Musicians Friend. To be honest, I can't tell the difference between them and Ernie Ball Slinkies. You get 10 strings per package in each guage. You can make your own custom set.