PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye John Kerry?

High Life Man
02-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Hahaha! I love it.

And it looks like there are quite a few sources about to break this!

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU FEB 12, 2004 11:45:28 ET XXXXX

CAMPAIGN DRAMA ROCKS DEMOCRATS: KERRY FIGHTS OFF MEDIA PROBE OF RECENT ALLEGED INFIDELITY, RIVALS PREDICT RUIN

**World Exclusive**
**Must Credit the DRUDGE REPORT**

A frantic behind-the-scenes drama is unfolding around Sen. John Kerry and his quest to lockup the Democratic nomination for president, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

Intrigue surrounds a woman who recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

A serious investigation of the woman and the nature of her relationship with Sen. John Kerry has been underway at TIME magazine, ABC NEWS, the WASHINGTON POST, THE HILL and the ASSOCIATED PRESS, where the woman in question once worked.

MORE

A close friend of the woman first approached a reporter late last year claiming fantastic stories -- stories that now threaten to turn the race for the presidency on its head!

In an off-the-record conversation with a dozen reporters earlier this week, General Wesley Clark plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue." [Three reporters in attendance confirm Clark made the startling comments.]

The Kerry commotion is why Howard Dean has turned increasingly aggressive against Kerry in recent days, and is the key reason why Dean reversed his decision not to drop out of the race after Wisconsin, top campaign sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

BigBadBrian
02-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Those Dems crack me up. Attaboy to Howard Dean's people for planting this story. :D

Viking
02-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Oh, this is getting good.....:D

Viking
02-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Further quote from Drudge's main page:

FROM CONRESSIONAL QUARTERLY'S CRAIG CRAWFORD: 'Drudge item on Kerry intern issue is something Chris Lehane (clark press secy) has shopped around for a long time -- it was one reason the Gore vetters in 2000 shied away from Kerry as a running mate choice -- their conclusion that it wasn't bad enough to disqualify him, except for the fact that they couldn't risk it as they were trying so hard to distance themselves from Clinton's personal failings (note: Lehane worked for Gore at the time -- and briefly advised Kerry during this campaign). The Kerry camp has long expected to deal with this, and have assured party leaders they can handle it'...

http://www.drudgereport.com

FORD
02-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Just as the original Judas ended up hanging himself after betraying Jesus Christ, so has this modern day Judas now done to himself for his betrayal of Democrats.

Couldn't have happenned to a nicer guy.... Sure hope the Wisconsin voters are paying attention :D

And no, the Dean camp did not plant the story. If that were the case, how could Clark have had advanced knowledge of it? ;)

FORD
02-12-2004, 02:47 PM
BTW Chris Lehane worked for Judas before Clark. He's known for being a sleazeball in political circles, sort of a Lee Atwater in training. Wouldn't be surprised if his grudge against the Kerry camp was personal, since they fired him.

High Life Man
02-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Sure hope the Wisconsin voters are paying attention :D

Huh? Wha? We have to vote? When?

;)

Little Texan
02-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Dean might still have a chance yet.

Roy Munson
02-12-2004, 03:42 PM
I fucking love this!!!!

Bush for four more years. Sorry, FORD.

Roy Munson
02-12-2004, 03:45 PM
I wonder if this is the reason the Bush administration was so cheeky about going up against Kerry?

I'm just giddy right now.

:D

FORD
02-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
I fucking love this!!!!

Bush for four more years. Sorry, FORD.

Nope. If Kerry goes down for this (Let us pray!) They wil have eliminated the weakest candidate, and the one who could NOT beat Bush.

Either Dean or Edwards (hopefully Dean) will defeat Junior :D

Little Texan
02-12-2004, 04:03 PM
I haven't seen any of the major news outlets reporting this, yet, and until they are, Kerry won't be harmed by it. You think the liberal mainstream media are going to try to destroy their own candidate?

FORD
02-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I haven't seen any of the major news outlets reporting this, yet, and until they are, Kerry won't be harmed by it. You think the liberal mainstream media are going to try to destroy their own candidate?

The mainstream media's not liberal, and FAUX has been funding Kerry. They would probably like Judas to stick around to be Junior's sacrificial lamb, but a good scandal to spike their ratings could change their minds. They milked Clinton bashing all the way to the Iraq war, didn't they?

High Life Man
02-12-2004, 05:47 PM
The whole Lewinsky thing started out very quietly too.

Dean doesn't have a chance in Hell if Kerry has to drop. Edwards will be their man.

Little Texan
02-12-2004, 07:14 PM
The mainstream media's not liberal, and FAUX has been funding Kerry. They would probably like Judas to stick around to be Junior's sacrificial lamb, but a good scandal to spike their ratings could change their minds. They milked Clinton bashing all the way to the Iraq war, didn't they?

According to that news article you posted, News Corp, as a whole, isn't funding the Kerry campaign, but just one member of the board, the Chief Operating Officer. Rupert Murdoch is a Republican, so I doubt he would be funding Kerry in any shape or form. You'll never be able to convince me that a guy that votes in Congress more liberal than Edward Kennedy is being backed by Conservative interests. You fail to mention the part of that article that says that the Viacom Chief Executive, Sumner Redstone, who gave $1000 to the Kerry campaign, also gave $3,000 to the re-election campaign of Tom Daschle (one of the most liberal members of Congress, mind you), and $5000 to the Democratic senatorial campaign committee. The Viacom Chief Operating Officer also made a big donation to the Daschle campaign. You are generalizing when you say that Kerry is being backed by the "right wing machine", as you put it, just because one member of the News Corp board is donating money to the Kerry campaign. Because one board member of a corporation donates money to a campaign, doesn't mean the corporation as a whole backs the campaign of a certain candidate. Corporate board members have different political beliefs, and different party affiliations, just like the general population.

Viking
02-12-2004, 07:44 PM
I think Clark had foreknowledge of it because it was spoon-fed to him by the Klintons. If a Dimocrat wins in '04, ol' Fat Knees is going to have to wait until at least 2012 to have a clean shot at it, regardless of the '08 outcome. Personally, I don't think she has a snowball's chance in Hell of putting her cloven hoof on a bible and watching it smoke while lying through the Oath of Office - if a scandal doesn't bring her down, a bullet probably will.

EAST COAST
02-13-2004, 09:49 AM
VIKING, you are right on the money.. if she ever sleezed her dyke self into the office , her sexual preferences would get her laughed out or shot.. not to mention the usa is still not strong enough mentally to let a woman be the pres., so she would probably get shot for that as well... FORD, all due respect the media is far and away slanted to the mainstream libs... why do you think they created fox news and the no spin zone, be real

John Ashcroft
02-13-2004, 11:55 AM
The mainstream media's not liberal...

ABC News just admitted that they are...

From ABC News "The Note"

"Like every other institution, the Washington and political press corps operate with a good number of biases and predilections. They include, but are not limited to, a near universal shared sense that liberal political positions on social issues like gun control, homosexuality, abortion, and religion, are the default, while more conservative positions are conservative positions. These default positions include a belief that government is a mechanism to solve the nation's problems, that more taxes on corporations and the wealthy are good ways to cut the deficit and raise money for social spending, and don't have a negative effect on economic growth, and that emotional examples of suffering provided by unions or consumer groups are good ways to illustrate economic statistic stories. More systematically, the press believes that fluid narratives in coverage are better than static story lines, that new things are more interesting than old things, that close races are preferable to loose ones, and that incumbents are destined for dethroning somehow. The press, by and large, does not accept President Bush's justifications for the Iraq war in any of its weapons of mass destruction, imminent threat, or evil-doer formulations. It does not understand how educated, sensible people could possibly be wary of multilateral institutions or friendly sophisticated European allies. The press does not accept the proposition that the Bush tax cuts helped the economy by stimulating summer spending. The press remains fixated on the unemployment rate. The press believes that President Bush is walking a fine line with regards to the gay marriage issue, choosing between tolerance and his right-wing base. The press still has a hard time understanding how, despite the drumbeat of conservative grass roots complaints about overspending and deficits, that President Bush's base remains extremely and loyally devoted to him. The press just doesn't understand that but looks for every opportunity to find cracks in that base. Of course, the swirling Joe Wilson and National Guard stories play right to the press's scandal bias, not to mention the bias towards process stories - grand juries produce endless process - the world view of the dominant media can be seen in every frame of video and every print-word choice that is currently being produced about the presidential race.

Link:

It's in their own words fellas (http://more.abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/TheNote/TheNote.html)

FORD
02-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Of course, you forgot to quote this part...

But we do want to highlight one textbook case of how the right cleverly uses the modern media conveyer belt to produce sound and fury about Democrats who they want to take down.

The sequencing is pretty basic: they start by handing something to one or more right-leaning Web sites.

That begets talk radio, which begets cable TV (usually FNC first), which begets a Washington Times story, which leads to other newspaper stories, and then, finally -- pay dirt -- network television coverage.

On Monday, the conservative website NewsMax.com ran a 1970 photo of John Kerry with Jane Fonda. Kerry seems for weeks to have gotten positive mileage in his paid and free media on his Vietnam-era personae, and whoever put the photo out there was clearly hoping to dirty that up with some Hanoi Jane stuff.

And after passing through all the steps above, the picture yesterday found some morning show traction.

Corbis -- who owns the rights to the picture -- tells ABC News that it is a huge seller right now, to the media and others.

Now if the corporate media were so "liberal", why the Hell would they ever take a story seriously if it came from NewsHax, FAUX, or the Moonie Times, all of which are known right wing propaganda spin sources??

Va Beach VH Fan
02-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Either Dean or Edwards (hopefully Dean) will defeat Junior :D

Just a tad bit of wishful thinking there, eh FORD ???

Edwards will be Kerry's VP when they unseat Dubya, with another Bush losing after one term.....

FORD
02-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Just a tad bit of wishful thinking there, eh FORD ???

Edwards will be Kerry's VP when they unseat Dubya, with another Bush losing after one term.....

Not even the DLC is crazy enough to run 2 senators on the same ticket. Especially when both are likely to be replaced by nominees of Republican governors in their home states.

A senator hasn't won the White House since 1960, and despite having the same initials, Judas ain't no JFK!!

Va Beach VH Fan
02-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, good point....

It'll be interesting to see who he picks as his running mate...

For his sake, it better not be a Quayle-equivalent...

knuckleboner
02-13-2004, 04:30 PM
i've heard of somebody in texas (don't remember the name.)

but i think that edwards is still the best choice.

ford's 100% right about there being concern about losing 2 senators. but the fact is, the senate's currently republican. another 2 seat loss won't give the republicans veto-proof.

but getting the white house is big.

the democrats need somebody southern to balance new england yankee, kerry.

edwards is a relatively young, personable guy who's so far run an extremely positive campaign, who is not just a southern senator, (north cakalacky) but grew up in the south (south cakalacky).

the entire south voted bush in 2000. picking off 1 or 2 of those states would be a big help.

there's NO CHANCE dean's the vice presidential choice if kerry gets the nominiation. a democratic ticket with a massachusetts senator and a vermont governor won't fly. they win only be default, if the republican LOSES the election.

John Ashcroft
02-13-2004, 04:39 PM
http://www.thebluesite.com/countymap.jpeg

knuckleboner
02-13-2004, 05:14 PM
shouldn't one of those red counties in the extreme southeast be blue??

;)

FORD
02-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

there's NO CHANCE dean's the vice presidential choice if kerry gets the nominiation. a democratic ticket with a massachusetts senator and a vermont governor won't fly. they win only be default, if the republican LOSES the election.

And if we weren't living in Bizzaro world with the Pravda-BCE media, that would already be the case. We have an economy far worse than 1980 with a quagmire on the level of Vietnam. If the corporate media had existed in 1968, LBJ could have won by a landlside.

knuckleboner
02-13-2004, 06:26 PM
We have an economy far worse than 1980 with a quagmire on the level of Vietnam.

debatable on both subjects. (stagflation, interest rates in the high teens, gas lines out the wazoo, 50,000+ soldiers dead)

but either way, i don't think the media matters much in a potential kerry/dean ticket. 2 north eastern democrats will not win at all in the south.

FORD
02-13-2004, 07:02 PM
I don't think a Kerry/Dean ticket would happen anyway, because they can't stand each other, and that feeling also applies to suuporters of the candidates (just check Democratic Underground).

The animosity between Poppy Bush and Jellybean Ronnie in 1980 has nothing on this campaign.

ELVIS
02-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Clinton and Gore couldn't stand each other either..

So what the f**k...

KANE
02-13-2004, 08:07 PM
FORD Why you you deleting my post's Chumley, didnt agree with it, takin advantage of that moderatin gimmick are ya ?

Ally_Kat
02-13-2004, 08:12 PM
The mainstream media's not liberal

All I can say is work in it, then you'll see.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
http://www.thebluesite.com/countymap.jpeg

What does that represent John ???

FORD
02-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by KANE
FORD Why you you deleting my post's Chumley, didnt agree with it, takin advantage of that moderatin gimmick are ya ?

I didn't delete anything :confused:

Shit, if I wiped every post I disagreed with, this board would be half-empty.

Viking
02-13-2004, 09:42 PM
SAY IT!!!!!!
:killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

KANE
02-14-2004, 01:38 AM
I didn't delete anything :confused:

Shit, if I wiped every post I disagreed with, this board would be half-empty.
My bad....

John Ashcroft
02-14-2004, 09:46 AM

It simply represents how out of touch the liberal media is with what's going on in America. Here's a compilation of the Democrat's success as a party since 1992 (Who was inaugurated President then?)...

In 1992:

Dems controlled the White House
Dems controlled the Senate 56 to 44.
Dems controlled the House 267 to 167 (with one independent)
Dems controlled 28 of 50 Governorships.

By 2003:

Republicans control the White House
Republicans controll the Senate 51 to 49 (And the Vice Pres. is a Republican)
Republicans control the House 229 to 206
Republicans control 28 of 50 Governorships. (It'd be 29 if the Republicans didn't have a split ticket here in Oklahoma).

All this, and the press continues to try it's best to convince the American public that we're a "50/50" nation. We've had a huge swing to the right since Slick Willie and his husband first graced themselves upon America, yet the press and Democrats still see them as their saviors! It's almost too funny to watch! I've mentioned many times before that the once great Democratic party is being destroyed by the current keepers, these numbers and that map prove it.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Yet having said all that, this Republican President didn't even win the popular vote....

I see your point though....

John Ashcroft
02-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah, Presidential elections are usually a bit different. It seems that the Presidential election is how we Americans usually institute checks and balances. Historically, if there's a Dem Congress, a Republican will win the White House, and visa versa. But lately, the American public haven't voted that way. Having Bush in the White House now is a huge statement really, if you think about it. Algore should've walked away with the Presidency. A Vice President over a great economy... He should've won by 20 points! Not to mention Republicans controlled both houses in 2000. Historically Bush shouldn't have stood a chance, yet he got it. It's remarkable even if we pretend President Bush didn't win the popular vote in 2000 (ask me if you want to know what I base this statement on. So far none on the left have been able to counter this particular statement). Anyway, add to all of this the midterm election. Remember Clinton's in his first term? What happened there Ford? Refresh our memory... :D In Bush's midterm, Republicans actually gained seats in both houses. I believe that's only happened a couple of times in our country's history. And now the sorry lot can find nothing to offer but "someone other than George Bush!" I suppose it may work if Bush showed previous vulnerabilities by losing a house of Congress during the midterm... But the libs are betting all of their chips on this one move! It's amazing to watch! I mean, don't you do a little backround checking before betting the farm? Whoever's advising the Democrats lately is doing a fine job of it (if you're a Republican, that is...) Oh, and I think we all know who that (those) advisor(s) is/are... Don't we. I'll wrap this up with one last question to ponder... Why didn't Algore get to pick the last DNC Chairperson? He won the party's nomination, and typically gets to pick the chair whether or not he won the General Election. So what gives? Ford? :confused: ;)

FORD
02-14-2004, 04:05 PM
It simply represents how out of touch the liberal media is with what's going on in America. Here's a compilation of the Democrat's success as a party since 1992 (Who was inaugurated President then?)...

In 1992:

Dems controlled the White House
Dems controlled the Senate 56 to 44.
Dems controlled the House 267 to 167 (with one independent)
Dems controlled 28 of 50 Governorships.

By 2003:

Republicans control the White House
Republicans controll the Senate 51 to 49 (And the Vice Pres. is a Republican)
Republicans control the House 229 to 206
Republicans control 28 of 50 Governorships. (It'd be 29 if the Republicans didn't have a split ticket here in Oklahoma).

All this, and the press continues to try it's best to convince the American public that we're a "50/50" nation. We've had a huge swing to the right since Slick Willie and his husband first graced themselves upon America, yet the press and Democrats still see them as their saviors! It's almost too funny to watch! I've mentioned many times before that the once great Democratic party is being destroyed by the current keepers, these numbers and that map prove it.

You are correct. The corporatist, PNAC driven DLC is destroying the Democratic party. And when Judas IsKerryot loses to George Bush Jr, you might as well engrave the tombstone :(

John Ashcroft
02-14-2004, 04:22 PM
I'd be a little more specific here Ford. Honestly identifying the problem is key to fixing it. The Clintons and their hack McAwful have destroyed your party. I believe your party's voters should think of this in 2008. Do you think they will?

FORD
02-14-2004, 04:57 PM
I'd be a little more specific here Ford. Honestly identifying the problem is key to fixing it. The Clintons and their hack McAwful have destroyed your party. I believe your party's voters should think of this in 2008. Do you think they will?

It will be far too late then. I don't believe there will BE a 2008 election, unless this primary season turns around quick and we elect a President who is not part of the corporatist fascist system now controlling the "leadership" of both parties. And in either case, I will never vote for Hillary Clinton. She proved which side she was on when she gave a standing ovation to Junior's blatant lies about Iraq being a threat to the US.

McAwful is a useless piece of shit, but it's the DLC who is forcing the party into the PNAC agenda. Will Marshall is the head of the grossly misnamed "Progressive" Policy Institute which is nothing more than the "Democratic" division of PNAC. Marshall is also a PNAC'er himself and has signed every PNAC document since the Iraq invasion. He is also Judas' campaign adviser. Funny how that works, huh? :mad:

John Ashcroft
02-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Yep, funny...

BigBadBrian
02-14-2004, 07:59 PM

To answer for JA, those are the counties Bush won in 2000.

steve
02-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Woman Denies Rumors of Kerry Affair

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040216/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_polier_1

By MATTHEW ROSENBERG, Associated Press Writer

NAIROBI, Kenya - A woman who has been the subject of rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) denied Monday that she ever had an affair with the Democratic presidential candidate.

Breaking her silence four days after the allegations surfaced on the Internet, Alexandra Polier issued a statement to The Associated Press, saying, "I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors in the press are completely false."

Kerry already has denied reports that he had an extramarital affair. On Monday, his campaign said he would have no further comment.

Polier's statement was released to the AP in Nairobi, where the 27-year-old freelance journalist is visiting the parents of her fiance, Yaron Schwartzman, an Israeli who was raised in Kenya. She previously worked as an editorial assistant for the AP in New York.

"Whoever is spreading these rumors and allegations does not know me," Polier said, appealing to the media to respect her privacy and the privacy of her fiance and his family.

Polier also took issue with reports that referred to her as a former Kerry intern.

"I never interned or worked for John Kerry," she told AP over the phone.

In a separate statement, Polier's parents, Terry and Donna Polier of Malvern, Pa., dismissed the "completely false and unsubstantiated" allegations about their daughter.

"We love and support her 100 percent and these unfounded rumors are hurtful to our entire family," the statement said. "We appreciate the way Senator Kerry has handled the situation, and intend on voting for him for president of the United States."

The statement did not address purported quotes by Polier's parents in the British tabloid The Sun that were harshly critical of Kerry.

Kerry has won 14 of 16 Democratic primaries and caucuses, and is expected to be the Democratic challenger to President Bush (news - web sites) in November.

Rumors of a relationship between Kerry and Polier first appeared Thursday on the Internet and were picked up by newspapers in several countries outside the United States. Few U.S. publications printed her name, however.

Asked Friday about the reports, Kerry told reporters: "I just deny it categorically. It's rumor. It's untrue. And that's the last time I intend" to respond to questions about it.

Regarding her silence until now, Polier said, "Because these stories were false, I assumed the media would ignore them. It seems that efforts to peddle these lies continue, so I feel compelled to address them."

By Monday, reporters and photographers were camped outside the Schwartzmans' Nairobi home, and at one point pursued the car of Yaron's mother, Hannah Schwartzman, as she left the walled compound.

Polier and Yaron Schwartzman met at Columbia University. They arrived in Kenya last October.

Polier graduated from Clark University in Worcester, Mass., in 1999. She received her master's in journalism from Columbia in 2003

Va Beach VH Fan
02-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Here we go....

FORD
02-16-2004, 08:29 PM
"I did not have sexual relations with that botox injected Bonesman, Mr IsKerryot"

John Ashcroft
02-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Ford, you rock! (Welcome to the never ending search for common sense...)