G Ray Allen SuperSonics
F Manu Ginobili Spurs
F Dirk Nowitzki Mavericks
F Shawn Marion Suns
F Amare Stoudemire Suns
F Rashard Lewis SuperSonics

Coach Gregg Popovich Spurs

DLR7884
Nice to see some Washington Bullets (I refuse to call them Wizards) in there!

guwapo_rocker
02-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Fuck Vince Carter!! Fuck Vince Carter!!!!

seenbad
02-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Agreed. As far as forwards go, Jermaine should have hit that starting role in front of VC. Crazy. Same with Grant. Great comeback, but not worthy to be in front of some of those other guys performance wise.

guitarboy5150
02-08-2005, 05:29 PM
im lookin forward to seeing an A.I.-Shaq team-up...it should be interesting

DLR7884
02-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Like I said before, I'm just glad that Arenas and Jamison got the credit they deserve.

DLR7884
Next year Hughes will make the squad as well, I hope.

Island Boy
02-08-2005, 08:18 PM
F Vince Carter Nets
G Kobe Bryant Lakers
F Grant Hill Magic

None of these three should be starting.

twonabomber
02-08-2005, 09:01 PM
no World Champion Pissed-ons other than reserve? nice.

Lou
02-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I don't even think Iverson should be starting, I think Dwayne Wade should. That guy is a player.

ALinChainz
02-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Iverson leading the league in scoring, so I can see that.

Kobe, no.

Hill, nice comeback I agree, but no.

Wade, yep.

I like Arenas too.

Vince maybe a reserve, he's an asshole but coming up big for the Nets with Jefferson out.

The rest I don't have a problem with.

Lou
02-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Nice to see some Washington Bullets (I refuse to call them Wizards) in there!

Why not go all the way and call them the Baltimore Bullets ;)

DLR7884
02-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Why not go all the way and call them the Baltimore Bullets ;)

Well, partly because I fucking hate Baltimore....it is a filthy cesspool of disease.

DLR7884
:)

Brett
02-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Kobe shouldn't be starting? LOL. Yeah ok. Boy has this guy tarnished his image, to the point where people don't even think the #2 scorer and best perimeter player in the league deserves to be an all-star starter. Oh and yeah, he IS the best perimeter player in the NBA. And don't start with LeBron this, LeBron that. He's not there yet.

That's OK, a lot of you still think Shaq is the same player he was 5 years ago too. His numbers continue to get worse, yet people say he's playing better. Wow, better than last year? What an accomplishment.

Lou
02-09-2005, 06:55 PM
LeBron James, ALREADY, is the best all-around player in the league.

Don't tell me Brett, for one second, you wouldn't want LeBron James right now on your team over Kobe Bryant.

ALinChainz
02-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Kobe shouldn't be starting? LOL. Yeah ok. Boy has this guy tarnished his image, to the point where people don't even think the #2 scorer and best perimeter player in the league deserves to be an all-star starter. Oh and yeah, he IS the best perimeter player in the NBA. And don't start with LeBron this, LeBron that. He's not there yet.

That's OK, a lot of you still think Shaq is the same player he was 5 years ago too. His numbers continue to get worse, yet people say he's playing better. Wow, better than last year? What an accomplishment.

Just because he has missed so many games to injury dude.

Not saying he isn't any good, nothing like that. He's missed time is all.

Who said he wasn't any good.

ALinChainz
02-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Their season stats so far say Lebron is close numbers wise to Kobe, no question.

LeBron (Cavs 28-19, T-1st)

25.1 PPG
7.2 RPG
7.7 APG
2.4 SPG
0.8 BPG
3.3 TO
49.4 FG%
34.4 3pt %
73.9 FT%

Kobe (LA 24-22, 3rd)

27.5 PPG
6.3 RPG
6.6 APG
1.4 SPG
1.0 BPG
4.4 TO
40.6 FG%
33.2 3pt%
79.9 FT%

twonabomber
02-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Kobe's been out a couple weeks though...

Brett
02-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Lou
LeBron James, ALREADY, is the best all-around player in the league.

Don't tell me Brett, for one second, you wouldn't want LeBron James right now on your team over Kobe Bryant.

No I wouldn't take him over Kobe. Maybe 5 years from now, I would. Kobe is a better on-the-ball defender, he certainly can get to the basket every bit as well as Lebron, and he's a better shooter. Yes his percentage sucks this year, so would anyone's playing with the stiffs the Lakers have. Want to know the Lakers strategy with Kobe. Let everyone else run around the perimeter, then pass it to Kobe with 4 seconds left on the shot clock, and make him throw up some crazy shot. Not going to help your percentage.

Kobe fucks some slut in Colorado, and all of a sudden he's lost his luster as the league's golden boy. Shame and his own stupid doing, because he's still the best 1-on-1 player in the game. And Kobe's a firery competitor, there is something to be said for someone that works and plays that hard on the court.

Frankly I think Kobe's rebound and assist stats are pretty good this year, and he has shared the ball very well. The Lakers suck dick, and it's not just his doing. No team will ever win with Chucky Atkins as your starting point guard.

The Cavs play in the East, nuff said. The West is still the dominant conference, there are far better teams in the West. And the Lakers beat the Cavs without Kobe, so whatever to the records.

Twona - Yeah he's been out for a couple weeks, but the voting was basically done before all that.

Oh also with regards to Kobe's stats. You guys do realize that him playing the game he got hurt in after 5 minute dropped his points per game, rebounds, and assist numbers significantly. Check his numbers before his injury, that one game cost him a lot because it counted obviously.

twonabomber
02-09-2005, 08:21 PM
i know. takes a long time to count three billion Chinese ballots for Yao Ming. :D

hell, Kobe coulda got hurt opening night and he'd still be in the same spot.

TLR
02-09-2005, 11:56 PM
And we should care about the NBA because......?

DLR7884
02-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by TLR
And we should care about the NBA because......?

Because we don't care about hockey or soccer.

DLR7884
I can't wait until football season starts again....

ALinChainz
02-10-2005, 12:21 PM
The draft is only like 72 days away.

That will be a start anyway.

San Francisco is on the clock.

Golden AWe
02-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Lou
I don't even think Iverson should be starting, I think Dwayne Wade should. That guy is a player.

get laid, lou

TLR
02-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Because we don't care about hockey or soccer.

DLR7884
I can't wait until football season starts again....

I don't care about hockey or...what was the other "sport" you mentioned? Actually, you could lump the NBA in with MLS...about the same load of crap...

Warham
02-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Kobe should start in the All-Star game until he's 40 at least. Nobody can tell me Steve Nash, Ray Allen OR Tracy McGrady is better than Bryant.

I'm with Brett on this one. NBA Golden Boy one second, not in the Top 20 the next.

Where's the consistency?