X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
    --Make of this what you wish. WWE has purchased the domain name newecw.com which at this point directs you to wwe.com. This pretty much says that they are strongly considering doing a Saturday night TV show using the ECW name.
    ---------------------
    Would love to see ECW come back, but if the WWE has their paws on it, its hard to picture it being as good.....Some of the old ECW matches were awesome.....
    Arrgh.....has anyone seen that IPW fed out of florida?Total ECW ripoff complete with Joey Styles and a bloated Mike Awesome.Hopefully they won't fuck this up if it does happen.

Last edited by rustoffa; 03-23-2004, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Full Bug
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Mike Awesome......Didn't he do a disco type thing in WCW? Maybe I am thinking of someone else, but if it was him that was bad, leave it to the old WCW to make a cool wrestler into a joke......
      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Kurt Angle is the new Smackdown GM.
        Smart move considering Angle's ability to draw heat on a mike and the fact that his 'stack-of-dimes' neck is one twitch away from landing him in a wheel chair.

If they want a subversive ECW angle to work, Paul E. needs to go after 'The Franchise' and let him come in and shoot on everyone.

Remember Pillman's classic drunken ECW shoot when he almost took a piss in the ring... One of pro wrestling's top ten classic moments.

Comment

• Full Bug
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker

Remember Pillman's classic drunken ECW shoot when he almost took a piss in the ring... One of pro wrestling's top ten classic moments.
          Never saw that, but knowing Brian it must have been great, what did he shoot about dude?
          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Maybe it wasn't as much of a shoot as I thought...

"Pillman's career was on a downward spiral, and so was his life outside the wrestling world at this same period. Something changed in Brian and he just stopped caring about a lot of things within pro wrestling and outside of pro wrestling. A lot of people were afraid Pillman was going to go over the edge and did not know what to expect out of him. Eric Bischoff eventually turned it in to "The Loose Cannon" angle which Pillman used to break through to the next level in WCW, even with Hogan running the show. Hogan couldn't keep Pillman down, because Pillman constantly pulled "shoots" on live TV and got himself over at the expense of others.

As the story goes, Kevin Sullivan pitched an idea to run an angle involving Pillman where he would to go Extreme Championship Wrestling when Eric Bischoff finally had "enough" of the SHOOTS on WCW TV and fired Pillman on LIVE TV. Pillman would be sent to ECW to work the territory to make it seem as if he had really been fired. The only people that knew about the angle were to be Sullivan, Pillman, and Bischoff to make it work.

This angle did happen, with Brian leaving WCW and working ECW for a few months. This was when WCW used the "termination" angle and sent Pillman to ECW. Pillman was more of a "Loose Cannon" in ECW threatening to "Pull his johnson out" and "piss all over the fans". Pillman's angle was working with the auidence actually thinking he had quit WCW and or was really fired by WCW. Pillman showed up at a live WCW show and had purchased a ticket and sat in the front row during the show. The fans 'marked' out awaiting for Pillman to pull one of his infamous "shoots" and do something conterversial. When Hulk Hogan and others back stage saw how "over" Pillman had been, and got the subsequent ratings for Pillman's segment on the show, Pillman was ordered to return to WCW the following week to do an angle with Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage on Nitro.

This killed off the idea Pillman wasn't working for WCW, because in order to keep the illusion going that Pillman had purchased a ticket, he would have had to have returned to ECW for a few weeks and not appeared on WCW for any purpose. But Hogan and Savage simply wanted to get the rub of the ratings and didn't care about the development of the angle for long term business in the company. Pillman did return the following week and did the angle with Hogan and Savage, but the heat was dead after that point surrounding his "Loose Cannon" persona. Hogan and crew probably didn't care about hurting Pillman's career, and got what they wanted (cheap ratings).

One classic "Loose Cannon" moment after the other had built uo the character in to being one of the greatest of all time. He went bezerk on a Clash of the Champions one night and broke away from the scripted interview and ran behind Bobby "the brain" Heenan who was doing live commentary, and Heenan knowing the script didn't call for what Pillman was doing screamed "What the fuck are you doing?" on live TV. Pillman also was scheduled for a "respect match" with Kevin Sullivan at a WCW PPV and two minutes in to the match he grabbed the microphone and scramed, "I respect you booker man" and walked out pulling a 'shoot' leaving WCW to scramble to cover for the unfilled air time.

After one of the shows, Brian Pillman went home and was driving in his Humvee along Kentucky Route 338 and fell asleep at the wheel, after a long night of completing his tax returns. He hit a tree trunk and shot across the road and hit another tree which caused the vehicle to flip. Pillman was thrown 30 feet through the air.

Pillman wasn't wearing his safety belt and if he had he would have been killed as the vehicle was flattened. He went to hospital with a severely broken left ankle, dislocated jaw, broken nose and cheekbone and severe facial cuts. He had a steel rod inserted into his ankle and his ankle was fused into a walking position. He was released on April 19th returning for plastic surgery on his face.

Pillman returned to ECW and worked in a wheel chair during this period, while still under WCW contract. WCW had no use for him since his automobile accident and killing off all of his heat using "The Loose Cannon" gimmick to help give Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage some cheap ratings. Pillman worked for ECW under Paul Heyman even though he was in a wheel chair and he eventually became a free agent.

During a promo in ECW, Pillman mentioned the hardcore rap band "****** With Attitudes" and Newjack (having only heard a white guy use the word "******" decided Pillman was racist and went after him) took offense to this. This led to a backstage confrontation between the two and ended Pillman's stay in ECW.

Newjack's comments at the ECW Fan Convention were: "If I got racial like I can...everybody in this room would hate me. I could dig stuff up that would make me hate you. When Pillman tried to cover it up by saying he was trying to talk about the Rap group that was BS. He can thank Paul E for me not knocking his block off when he came in the dressing room. Because Paul was the first one to get to me when I was back there. I could almost see it if we were doing an angle with him, but we weren't doing anything with him." "

Comment

• Full Bug
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Newjack is known as kind of a loose cannon himself, not many people liked working with him, and after reading a few interviews with him I can see why.....
              After Brian died, it was brought out that he left his family without any money and they were in a bad way, I think even a few shows were held trying to raise money for his family, I wonder how they are doing now.....

Comment

• rustoffa
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Oh yeah,there was also a classic one where he was at home messing with a gun eluding to suicide and Austin took off and talked him out of it.they almost buried that one as I recall.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                  Mike Awesome......Didn't he do a disco type thing in WCW? Maybe I am thinking of someone else, but if it was him that was bad, leave it to the old WCW to make a cool wrestler into a joke......
                  Yeah, that was the "That 70`s guy" angle.

Rubbish.

Relive all these bad angles at wrestlecrap.com

From the Gobbeldygooker to Doinkwhackers to Mantaur to Dog Poo matches and a festive battle royal where 20 men fought over a turkey.

It`s all there.
                  sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                    Oh yeah,there was also a classic one where he was at home messing with a gun eluding to suicide and Austin took off and talked him out of it.they almost buried that one as I recall.
                    One of RAW's greatest moments...
                    Right behind Bret Hart's uncensored rant after Austin cost him a match to someone... I can't remember who...
                    All I remembered was Hart screaming "This Is Bullshit!" "This is Fucking Bullshit!"
                    Randy Savage hit the nail on the head when he said Bret Hart was his own biggest mark.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

No wait...
                      He had the gun because he heard Austin was coming to his house to beat the shit out of him.
                      Austin broke a window and got in the house and Pillman pulled a gun on him.
                      Classic stuff!

Comment

• Full Bug
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

That was creepy, I believe Brian died not too long after that......That Wrestlecrap site sure has some funny shit listed in there.....

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                          Yeah, that was the "That 70`s guy" angle.

Rubbish.

Relive all these bad angles at wrestlecrap.com

From the Gobbeldygooker to Doinkwhackers to Mantaur to Dog Poo matches and a festive battle royal where 20 men fought over a turkey.

It`s all there.
                          Mike Awesome started out in Japan.He was the ECW champ for a bit and had some brutal contests with Masato Tanaka....that's all before they blew his character in WCW.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Hey Bug, where do you check for most of your acurate wrestling info?

Im a fan of Torch and the prowrestlinginsider. i find 1wrestling is shit now...
                            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• rustoffa
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

No wait...
                              He had the gun because he heard Austin was coming to his house to beat the shit out of him.
                              Austin broke a window and got in the house and Pillman pulled a gun on him.
                              Classic stuff!
                              Hahaha! Your right....damn,I gotta check my preoccupation with suicide.

Comment

• rustoffa
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                                Hey Bug, where do you check for most of your acurate wrestling info?

Im a fan of Torch and the prowrestlinginsider. i find 1wrestling is shit now...
                                You guys ever check Lordsofpain?It's pretty focused...marked out site to say the least.Ultimowrestling was an old school fave of mine...wonder what happened to that guy?

Comment

Working...