PDA

View Full Version : WWE Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

monkeythe
06-29-2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Full Bug
How about when Jake Roberts DDT'd Ricky Steamboat on the concrete floor? I heard this really did knock Steamboat out, dont know for sure though, the DDT became my favourite move after seeing this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xaf3Ovtyf2s&search=jake%20the%20snake%20roberts

Jake said that it knocked him out on his DVD. He then went on to say that because of this incident, the WWF started to use mats outside the ring

Full Bug
06-30-2006, 03:53 PM
So much for ECW being something cool and different.....:rolleyes: :mad:

Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn made it very clear to everyone, including Paul Heyman, at the TV taping this past Tuesday for ECW on Sci Fi that he wasn't happy about the current direction of ECW and that it would become even more of a WWE style project with McMahon at the top of the creative department. So anyone expecting to watch an ECW product with heavy influence from Paul Heyman should probably stop watching now as it will now be presented heavily with Vince's own vision of the product. This decision was not a popular one backstage as the hope was that while ECW would be a third brand under WWE, it would also have the opportunity to be presented differently. That is no longer the case anymore.

Mr Badguy
07-01-2006, 07:13 AM
So much for ECW being something cool and different.....:rolleyes: :mad:

Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn made it very clear to everyone, including Paul Heyman, at the TV taping this past Tuesday for ECW on Sci Fi that he wasn't happy about the current direction of ECW and that it would become even more of a WWE style project with McMahon at the top of the creative department. So anyone expecting to watch an ECW product with heavy influence from Paul Heyman should probably stop watching now as it will now be presented heavily with Vince's own vision of the product. This decision was not a popular one backstage as the hope was that while ECW would be a third brand under WWE, it would also have the opportunity to be presented differently. That is no longer the case anymore.

This is not good news.

I mean these are the same guys that head Smackdown!.

Vince is gonna drop the ball like he did with the WCW invasion by not giving the project either enough thought or enough time to develop into an alternative to the other shows, which is surely the point of all the brand extensions.

In my opinion there is too much interaction with Raw and as much as I love Kurt Angle, he`s never been ECW and like the WCW invasion it throws the spotlight on solid WWE guys and the real ECW guys become sidemen and jobbers.

If you compare McMahon to a resteraunt owner, you have to serve different things on the menu or people will get tired of the same thing and stop coming back.

Dan
07-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Bring Back Stone Cold Steve Austin.

rustoffa
07-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Vince is gonna drop the ball like he did with the WCW invasion by not giving the project either enough thought or enough time to develop into an alternative to the other shows, which is surely the point of all the brand extensions.

It's mind numbing. Make no mistake, Vince fully understands the nature of the classic "ECW". He's probably the smartest mark on the planet. Megalomania, however, takes precedent over any other thought process. I was actually surprised when I heard he was going to give it new death. Immediately, I knew some suck-ass shit like Sandy v/s Zombie would happen.

It's on the SCIFI channel.

What the fuck would have been wrong with turning the bingo hall into something the channel would have been shocked by? Vince...you missed an opporotunity to push the envelope all the way back to PHILLY!

You know, a grainy, Serling type fade-in to the BINGO HALL! Roadkill snapping LIVE chicken necks...New Jack peeling somebody's face off with a spinning hooptie wheel in the parking lot!

Those are tweaks on ideas Vince didn't come up with.

Buh-bye ECW!
:(

monkeythe
07-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Here's an interesting story that might really spell the death of ECW
http://www.irontontribune.com/articles/2006/07/03/news/news437.txt
HANGING ROCK — Two wrestling superstars from Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment may be tough in the ring, but they didn’t have enough muscle to escape drug charges after being stopped Sunday night by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Robert Alex Szatowski, aka WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam, and Terry Michael Brunk, aka Sabu, also a former ECW champion, were pulled over on U.S. 52, near Patrick Street in Hanging Rock at about 10:15 p.m. The two were apparently driving from their performances at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena earlier in the evening.

According to the OSHP, Szatowski was initially stopped for speeding. When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP. Both were cited and posted bond at the scene.

Szatowski, of Battle Creek, Mich., has had a long, successful career with both the WWE and ECW. In addition to being the current champion of both, he has been intercontinental champion six times, hardcore champion four times and has been a part of several championship tag team duos.

He is scheduled to wrestle tonight on WWE Raw and is also wrestling Tuesday night to retain his WWE and ECW titles during the “Extreme Rules Match” on the Sci-Fi channel.

Brunk, who lists his hometown as Bombay, India, on the WWE Web site, has also had a successful career with the ECW, earning world heavyweight championship titles two times and tag team championship honors three times.

Both Brunk and Szatowski are scheduled to appear at 10 a.m. Thursday in Ironton Municipal Court. Both wrestlers won their matches last night in Huntington, W.Va. Van Dam defeated the Big Show and Sabu defeated Justin Credible.

Full Bug
07-03-2006, 11:24 PM
I wonder if this had anything to do with RVD losing the title tonite, the WWE might have to suspend him in some way....
This is from the WWE wellness policy under Discipline for Violation of Law: "Any talent who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of prohibited drugs will be in material breach of contract and subject to immediate dismissal."

POJO_Risin
07-04-2006, 12:30 PM
I didn't watch the show...who was Van Dam wrestling?

Does anyone have a fucking rundown of the rosters now...

I watched Raw last week for the first time in weeks to see DX...and the show really fucking sucked...

I wouldn't mind knowing the roster though...

and Angle is in ECW?...are you fucking kidding?

monkeythe
07-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Last night RVD fought John Cena and Edge. That match was supposed to happen at the 7/15 SNME telecast but because of RVD's situation they changed last night's scheduled main event (a three way tag match between these men where each would pick their own surprise partner)

RAW Roster
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/
SD Roster
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/
ECW Roster
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/2981136/

POJO_Risin
07-04-2006, 04:17 PM
So...they each had a partner?

so it was a fucking 3-way dance...tag-team match for the title?

and what's the fucking deal with RVD having 2 belts...

did he lose both?

Fairwrning
07-04-2006, 04:21 PM
The steroid capital of the universe is opposed to wrestlers smoking weed??

Why is Hacksaw Duggan wrestling then...hell the Iron Sheik is in the hall of fame...what kinda stupid shit is that?
Stick this needle in your arm but don't puff that joint..crazy..

POJO_Risin
07-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Boy...the fucking ECW roster really fucking sucks...

Angle and the fucking Big Show...what a joke...

POJO_Risin
07-04-2006, 04:30 PM
You mean they aren't going to have an ECW belt?

and you have to give fucking Heyman more than 10 wrestlers...christ...half of who are what...50...

Full Bug
07-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
You mean they aren't going to have an ECW belt?

and you have to give fucking Heyman more than 10 wrestlers...christ...half of who are what...50...
RVD has the ECW belt, last I heard anyway, I dont get the ECW show here so I dont know what happened tonite.....
Yeah, the ECW roster is really thin, personally I dont think the ECW brand will last, either way its an uphill climb for sure....This RVD/Sabu thing couldnt have happened at a worse time, and Kurt Angle leaving for a while isnt going to help an already weak roster.....

rustoffa
07-04-2006, 11:46 PM
I wonder if this had anything to do with RVD losing the title tonite, the WWE might have to suspend him in some way....

He's gone.

Full Bug
07-04-2006, 11:51 PM
I think RVD is having a tough week eh? Now he has lost both belts and maybe his job....
-------

The Big Show Wins ECW World Title

The Big Show defeated Rob Van Dam to win the ECW World Title after chokeslamming RVD onto a chair after Paul Heyman came out and 'screwed' Van Dam. Van Dam hit the Five Star Frog Splash on Big Show and Heyman ran down and only counted to two. He then ordered Big Show to do the chokeslam and counted the three.

The crowd chanted "You Sold Out" as the show went off the air.

Moments after screwing Rob Van Dam out of the ECW Championship, Paul Heyman gave the following statement to ECW.com:

“As of this moment, Rob Van Dam has been suspended for 30 days.”

-------
Big Show the champ? Damm, things cant get much worse.....

monkeythe
07-05-2006, 12:35 AM
So...they each had a partner?

so it was a fucking 3-way dance...tag-team match for the title?

and what's the fucking deal with RVD having 2 belts...

did he lose both?

Pojo,
I think I confused you. On Monday night, the previously announced match was a three way tag team match where Cena, Edge & RVD would pick their mystery partners. This was announced before RVD's legal incident. On Monday night, they changed to match to a plain old 3 way between Cena, RVD, & Edge for the WWE title.

As far as the 2 belts, he won the WWE title from John Cena at One Night Stand. On the debut episode of ECW on Sci Fi, Heyman crowned him ECW world champ. Heyman wanted him to toss the WWE title like Shane Douglas did to the NWA title many years earlier but RVD kept it because the WWE title spins.

RVD lost the WWE title Monday night to Edge. He lost the ECW title to The Big Show on Tuesday night.

monkeythe
07-05-2006, 12:40 AM
I dont get the ECW show here

You are a very lucky man. This could be the worst televised wrestling show ever. I never thought anything could be worse than the AWF but this beats it. For those that don't rememebr the AWF, it was the federation that was on really late on Saturday night's in the mid 90's that featured former WWF wrestlers past their prime in matches that had a boxing round system. I believe that Tito Santana won the tournament to become champ.

Anonymous
07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by monkeythe
You are a very lucky man. This could be the worst televised wrestling show ever. I never thought anything could be worse than the AWF but this beats it. For those that don't rememebr the AWF, it was the federation that was on really late on Saturday night's in the mid 90's that featured former WWF wrestlers past their prime in matches that had a boxing round system. I believe that Tito Santana won the tournament to become champ.

Tito Santana was the shit back then. His bout with Shawn Michaels for the IC title at WM is a CLASSIC!

Cheers! :bottle:

rustoffa
07-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Check this shit out. The Heavyweight title match was probably about 45 minutes.

Tim Woods was eventually Mr. Wrestling #1, and Jack Brisco is arguably the best to ever lace 'em up.

monkeythe
07-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Tito Santana was the shit back then. His bout with Shawn Michaels for the IC title at WM is a CLASSIC!

The AWF took place several years after the Santana-Michaels match (no title on the line in that match - Bret vs Roddy was the I-C title match at WM 8)

By the way, that advice column in the previous post is comedy gold

Anonymous
07-08-2006, 12:19 AM
The AWF took place several years after the Santana-Michaels match (no title on the line in that match - Bret vs Roddy was the I-C title match at WM 8)

By the way, that advice column in the previous post is comedy gold

Yes you're right, it was the first WM match for Michaels after the Rockers split up. He won by being dragged into the ring by Tito. The expression on his face when he realized he had won the match is priceless! :lol:

I love wrestling, but the details about belts and most matches slip away from my mind like dust in the wind. Once a frien of mine asked what matches had been the day before on RAW and I drew a blank. :D

That's the beauty of wrestling, eh? Bubble gum entertainment. Although, it was the first time I payed 200+ Euros for a pack of 22 bubble gums...

Vinnie Velvet
07-10-2006, 03:44 PM
HBK displeased with DX angle

Prior to last week, Shawn Michaels had been relatively quiet with his dislike for the DeGeneration X angle.

Although he, as a born-again Christian, was hardly thrilled with the DX antics, he had yet to make a public complaint due to fear of coming across as "difficult."

He was, however, extremely set off by the "oral sex scene" that took place on Monday's RAW, and asked for a meeting with Vince McMahon about DX's direction. Sources are not yet aware of the status of that meeting.

Shawn Michaels will get knee surgery following the culmination of the DX angle, which was largely designed to boost summer ratings while helping HHH transition to babyface.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh come on, gimmie a break.

:rolleyes:

I'm a huge Micheals fan, but his reacting to the DX antics is just stupid.

If DX didn't do the stuff that they've been known for in the past, the fans wouldn't go for it.

Why can't Shawn just "play the character of DX-Shawn" while still be a born again christian??

Other wrestlers do it, why can't he??

I think HBK has forgotten that this is the sports entertainment business, therefore, its entertainment.

Perhaps, Shawn is worried that simply 'playing DX Shawn' will make him go back to those old ways.

If that's the case, then he's not a real born again christian and is a phony!

:mad:

Vinnie Velvet
-double post-

Vinnie Velvet
If Shawn was uncomfortable doing DX, then why do it at all??

I know. DX = $$$$ and so far, that's been the case.

Vinnie Velvet
-triple post-

Full Bug
07-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
If that's the case, then he's not a real born again christian and is a phony!
[/B]
I think he pretty much comes across as a phony anyway.....His 'finding god' act is as phony as it gets.....

Vinnie Velvet
07-10-2006, 04:13 PM
I think he pretty much comes across as a phony anyway.....His 'finding god' act is as phony as it gets.....

I wouldn't put it past Shawn that he did have problems (getting addicted to painkillers for his back, passing out, etc.)

But its starting to get obvious that whenever there are hot girls either wearing a DX bra or flashing their tits, Shawn is nowhere to be found in the sketch. Only HHH is there.

And this is a guy who married a former Nitro girl with big knockers herself.

I say they put the DX thing to rest.

If Shawn is not totally into it, as he should be, and is doing it half-assed, then they shouldn't do it.

monkeythe
07-12-2006, 10:12 PM
The MSG Network just showed the coolest show. It is a 1 hour show that features classic MSG matches. The first hour had an 89 card that featured Hogan vs The Bossman, DiBiase vs Virgil, & The Rockers vs The Brain busters. They then showed an early 80's card that featured Pedro vs Snuka, Backlund vs Buddy Rose & a six man tag with Andre & The Strongbows against Fuji, Saito & Blackjack Mulligan. The show returns in 2 weeks and will feature Hogan vs Mraco in a steel cage and the MSG debut of Randy Savage against the late Rick McGraw

Anonymous
07-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, Shawn has gone from one of my all time favorite wrestlers to simply a cunt.

The ironic thing is, not wanting to go back to his old ways actually makes him go back to his old days of being a bitch about everything.

I mean, if Paul can be a completely disgusting, unbearable, sorry excuse for a human being - That's why he's my favorite wrestler, by the way. That and his moves which are pure, classical old time wrasslin - why can't Michaels be a brat for a while?

Jaysus, and I thought Cena was a diva...

Full Bug
07-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Who do you mean by Paul?
I'm getting Shawn Michaels book this week, should be an interesting read....

Anonymous
07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
By Paul I mean Triple H. Didn't you get it when I said he was "a completely disgusting, unbearable, sorry excuse for a human being"? :lol:

I thought I should call the guy by his real name in this particular subject since we're talking about stuff that's completely out of character.

That it should, be an interesting read, I mean. Michael's been in WWE for a loooong time, and even if he's a whiny little bitch, any insight about what goes and what went on backstage is always interesting.

Anonymous
07-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Wikipedia is a nice site to find useless trivia like wrestler's real names and shit. You just type in any wrestler, male or female, in the search field and you'll lose a couple half hours following the links in the information fields pertaining other wrestlers that were involved in some way with the one you searched about.

Interesting, to say the least.

Full Bug
07-14-2006, 10:33 PM
By Paul I mean Triple H. Didn't you get it when I said he was "a completely disgusting, unbearable, sorry excuse for a human being"? :lol:

I figured that, not many call him Paul so wasnt sure, lol....

Anonymous
07-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah, he keeps his real persona well away from the wrestling antics, and that's including his name.

I actually believe that's a smart move on his part.

Then again, if he wasn't at least a bit smart, he wouldn't be married to his boss's daughter... :rofl:

Practically untouchable... motherfucker... :lol:

rustoffa
07-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah, he keeps his real persona well away from the wrestling antics, and that's including his name.

I actually believe that's a smart move on his part.

Then again, if he wasn't at least a bit smart, he wouldn't be married to his boss's daughter... :rofl:

Practically untouchable... motherfucker... :lol:

The Helmesly/McMahon era!!!
:D

Anonymous
07-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Man, I wish I'd have watched that... heard so much about those days, like that was one of the best angles ever... maybe not as good as D-X or Austin's antics, but still grate, I hear.

We only started getting wrestling shows here about a year and a half ago.

And it seems it has been getting worse by the week... TNA doesn't help either.

Of course, Vince appearing every week on RAW easily makes it worse than last week, but the fucker doesn't realize we TRULY DON'T want to see him in the ring. And much less showing his backside to the public.

Fack orf, Vince.

Full Bug
07-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Man, SNME blew chunks tonite, I bet it gets shit ratings and NBC gives it the axe....

Full Bug
07-16-2006, 07:30 PM
The rating for last night's Saturday Night's Main Event can only be called incomprehensibly bad, doing a 2.65 based on the fast nationals. The final number, which will be out in a few days, probably won't vary much for this. It finished last, going against rerun programming, although none of the networks did any numbers last night. Worse, unlike the first one, which did a 3.11 and was a bomb, you can't even use the Hulk Hogan is the biggest draw to mainstream fans and he wasn't there as an excuse.

POJO_Risin
07-16-2006, 08:25 PM
You want to do a SNME...you gotta have a blowup rivalry...and maybe...just maybe...have a fucking title change...

it was pretty lame...

I like some of the angles...but not how they were portrayed last night...

Full Bug
07-16-2006, 11:36 PM
I still remember some of the shit that went down on the old SNME's, they meant something, the last two shows have been like weak editions of RAW, and completly forgettable.....

Mr Badguy
07-17-2006, 06:41 AM
The rating for last night's Saturday Night's Main Event can only be called incomprehensibly bad, doing a 2.65 based on the fast nationals. The final number, which will be out in a few days, probably won't vary much for this. It finished last, going against rerun programming, although none of the networks did any numbers last night. Worse, unlike the first one, which did a 3.11 and was a bomb, you can't even use the Hulk Hogan is the biggest draw to mainstream fans and he wasn't there as an excuse.

Yeah, looks like Hogan maybe thought he would come back on a show that would pull in ratings then take all the credit, just like the old days.

I hope Summerslam bombs too, then maybe he`ll hang up his boots.

He`s got to put Orton over or it won`t make any sense.

Where is the DX angle heading?

Another couple of months and Hunter turns heel, then we get another Michaels/HHH feud?

Or they win the tag belts?

Either way, it keeps them out of the world title picture and keeps the spotlight on Cena/Edge.

Great.:(

Vinnie Velvet
07-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah, looks like Hogan maybe thought he would come back on a show that would pull in ratings then take all the credit, just like the old days.

I hope Summerslam bombs too, then maybe he`ll hang up his boots.

Another couple of months and Hunter turns heel, then we get another Michaels/HHH feud?

Or they win the tag belts?

Either way, it keeps them out of the world title picture and keeps the spotlight on Cena/Edge.

Great.:(

My guess is that they will win the tag belts from Spirit Squad.

HHH and HBK have held tag titles before, but never together as DX.

Full Bug
07-17-2006, 09:25 AM

Dont bet on it, Hogan has COMPLETE creative control over if he wins or loses, guess it depends if he wants to put Orton over....I'm with you, I hope he retires as well....

POJO_Risin
07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
I think Hogan still wrestling is fine. To be quite honest, there really aren't many that bring the bang that he does...and I have no doubt that he wants to put over Orton. I also think that there is another title belt in his future, as opposed to retiring. He's put over some guys, and I'm guessing that Vince is going to give him a belt...even if for a night...so he can retire a champ.

As for DX...the best thing they could do is set DX off. Fuck the tag belts. This has to be bigger. They have 3 promotions now, and they are cross contaminating. You you use DX for what they originally were...the anti-everything. Have them fucking everywhere, fucking with everyone. Have them fucking with the title holders in all three feds. Have HHH beat Edge (I'd prefer Cena...either setting Cena up as a major heal, or getting him over as a major face again), have Michaels win the Heavyweight title...by cheating and destroying Mysterio...then, when Van Dam comes back...well...

you get the point...or even better...have Michaels and HHH win the fucking ECW title in some form of special match where either one can wear the belt. Then fuck it...have them win the tag belts in all the fucking feds.

PUT THEM OVER THE FUCKING TOP.

Get them out of the worn out Hogan---Austin---Rock vs. the establishment angle...and have them fuck Vince by winning every belt. Then have a shoot angle...have them come out and fucking drop every belt or some shit...

I don't know...

but if you bring back DX...you gotta bring it back big...you know...like what they should have fucking done with WCW and the nWo...

rustoffa
07-17-2006, 08:56 PM

Nowhere. My guess would be a surprising "OH, YOU DIDN'T KNOW?? YOUR ASS BETTER CALL SOMEBODAYYYYY!" appearance by Road Dog & Mr. Ass. That'll spike interest, and they'll try to figure it out from there.

SA ME WHO
07-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Nowhere. My guess would be a surprising "OH, YOU DIDN'T KNOW?? YOUR ASS BETTER CALL SOMEBODAYYYYY!" appearance by Road Dog & Mr. Ass. That'll spike interest, and they'll try to figure it out from there.

Well, for them to do that, the WWE will have to pull some serious bartering to get them out of their TNA contracts (unless that whole situation has been misrepresented).

I can't see DX getting over on Vince every week for too much longer. I don't know what the plan is, but something major has to be in the works. Doesn't Trips have to go be with Steph when she gives birth? Doesn't Shawn need surgery or something? I see Vince (or someone new) putting out DX for a while (so they can do what they need to away from the ring) and then a big feud when they come back.

(BTW, on SNME, I liked the seeds planted for a Show/Khali vs 'Taker/Kane match as SummerSlam.)

monkeythe
07-22-2006, 12:24 AM
The curse of SmackDown! continues. On Saturday night, MArk Henry suffered an uinjury that will keep him out for 8 months. Tonight it was announced that Lashley will not be allowed to compete at the GAB due to a high enzyme count in his liver

PumpedUpMidget
07-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Have not watched WWE in a while now, have heard that Degeneration X has talked of reforming....hopefully they have been kind enough to inform the fans that X-punk is still suffering from the AIDS virus, and not just suffering a hangover of bad lovin' from Ryan Monahan....

Mr Badguy
07-22-2006, 04:50 AM
The curse of SmackDown! continues. On Saturday night, MArk Henry suffered an uinjury that will keep him out for 8 months. Tonight it was announced that Lashley will not be allowed to compete at the GAB due to a high enzyme count in his liver

Jeez, now they haven`t even got a midcard.

JBL, Benoit, Henry, Lashley out.

So who`s jumping from Raw?

bueno bob
07-22-2006, 07:41 AM
The problem with SNME is that it doesn't hold up to the 80s SNME anymore...some SERIOUS shit went down on SNME in the 80s...Hogan dropping the title after four years to Andre in arguably THE most shocking "WTF JUST HAPPENED HERE?!?" moment in WWF history, setting the stage for WM4...the Hogan/Savage blowup which set the stage for WM5...the Warrior/Hogan tag team efforts that set the stage for their WM main event...new feuds erupting out of nowhere...new alliances formed...TITLES COULD CHANGE (which didn't happen on anything other than a PPV event otherwise...or if it actually DID, it was EXTREMELY RARE)...

All those things made SNME really exciting back in the day. Anymore, I miss watching the shows for a month or two, I turn back in and you've got a whole new roster of champions...seemingly out of nowhere...it's just hard for the common joe to keep up with it all...

I am honestly a firm believer that what worked back in the 80s will still work today...you give people respectable title reigns of length that actually mean something (no 23,473,465 times world champion bullshit), get the talent where it belongs (tag teams...undercard...mid card...main event)...and everybody STAYS there until they actually belong somewhere else...get some clear cut lines drawn as to what side of the fence a particular character is on (heel or face)...and they STAY there for a while, not just flip-flop at random intervals...work up some basic, easy-to-follow "good guy vs. bad guy because of this reason" scripts...stick with them...cut away the dead weight...and there you go...WWE is watchable again.

Hell, it worked wonders for Monday Nitro until they started fucking with the formula too much...and it was because of that formula that Nitro was stealing WWE's base (for a while, anyway)...

Christ, had it not been for Steve Austin saving them on a nightly basis, WCW would have sank WWE like a rusty old boat...and WCW was really close to doing it even so, just because it's a basic, time established formula that people can get into, get excited about, and follow easily.

My two cents...

monkeythe
07-22-2006, 03:47 PM
The SD curse continues again. The Wrestling Observer & PWInsider.com are both reporting that The Great Kahli has to take time off due to a problem with his liver. He will be replace in the pujambi prison match by The Big Show. Both ECW weekend events were cancelled due to this change.

Full Bug
07-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Great post bueno bob, I agree 100%....

Mr Badguy
07-23-2006, 08:58 AM
The SD curse continues again. The Wrestling Observer & PWInsider.com are both reporting that The Great Kahli has to take time off due to a problem with his liver. He will be replace in the pujambi prison match by The Big Show. Both ECW weekend events were cancelled due to this change.

How can you replace him with the Big Show?

This angle has been building since Khali whupped Undertaker`s ass at their last PPV so how can you just turn a decent feud (the best Undertaker has had in a few years) into a mid card match between him and TBS, which we`ve all seen umpteen times before?

"Great American Bash" is gonna suck.

rustoffa
08-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Fucking Slater.....first independent heel. Great mic skills, all the promoters hated him, plus I had to resize this fifty times.

Go here (http://square.phpwebhosting.com/~man1000/index.php) for more hilarity.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1982/slaterqv2.jpg

Matt White
08-05-2006, 08:05 AM
"Dirty" Dick Slater....one of the GRATEST wrestling names of ALL TIME

Dan
08-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Anyone got a Update on what Stone Cold Steve Austin is doing these days?

Mr Badguy
08-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Dan

Whatever he wants.

He draws so much money Vince would have him doing anything for WWE in a hot second, even just mic work.

rustoffa
08-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Last weeks exchange was one for the ages. This week's results in a Flair/Foley "I Quit" match.

I'll probably have to see that. Judging by the recent vascular activity on Flair's face, it oughtta be a bloodbath!

houseofpain
08-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Dan

Making movies for whatever movie entertainment group Vince is afiliated with. Degenerative knees and neck have ended his wrestling career.

Dan
08-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by houseofpain
Making movies for whatever movie entertainment group Vince is afiliated with. Degenerative knees and neck have ended his wrestling career.

I saw a clip on YouTube where Stone Cold Steve Austin is at movie World in Oz signing autographs.

Wrestlingbrille
08-14-2006, 03:01 PM
thx

Wrestlingbrille
08-14-2006, 03:01 PM
thx

rustoffa
08-14-2006, 08:21 PM
This just in:

Lita wins women's world title tonight.
:cool:

Full Bug
08-20-2006, 09:59 PM
I think Hogan still wrestling is fine. To be quite honest, there really aren't many that bring the bang that he does...and I have no doubt that he wants to put over Orton.
From The Wrestling Observer, SummerSlam results:
'Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton is up next. Hogan won with a legdrop in the middle. The match was okay given Hogan's limitations. He did his trademark stuff that he could do, but it was a basic simple stuff that Hogan did that mostly didn't look good."

Still have no doubt POJO? I knew Hulk wouldnt put over Orton.....

Cult of Roth
08-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Man, I haven't watched wrestling seriously in 4 years or more, but it doesn't sound like much has changed. Tired and repetitive. Without any real competition the WWE will continue to be stagnant. Maybe TNA can rise up to the challenge, but I don't know much about that promotion, are they any good?

And I can't believe Hogan's still wrestling. I've seen him on Hogan Knows Best, and that fool can barely walk. I saw one episode where he went to the doctor and they shot his spine full of something (cortizone?) with a damn horse needle, just so he could move around well enough that night to wrestle. Man's got artificial knees, hips...hang it up already.

Mr Badguy
08-21-2006, 05:18 PM
From The Wrestling Observer, SummerSlam results:
'Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton is up next. Hogan won with a legdrop in the middle. The match was okay given Hogan's limitations. He did his trademark stuff that he could do, but it was a basic simple stuff that Hogan did that mostly didn't look good."

Still have no doubt POJO? I knew Hulk wouldnt put over Orton.....

Monkeythe had a feeling Hogan would put over Orton in return for a win over Stone Cold at WM23.

Looks like that one isn`t on the cards.

Mr Badguy
08-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Cult of Roth
Maybe TNA can rise up to the challenge, but I don't know much about that promotion, are they any good?

Not if they keep booking stuff like Christian`s heel turn on Sting at Hard Justice.

Did anyone not see that coming?

Sting has been made to look like a goof by so many of his "friends" over the years that I`m surprised he`s not paranoid.

rustoffa
08-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Summerslam was hit & miss, as per the norm. LOTS of blown spots. Highlights/Lowlights:

Rey's mask coming off in the opening match was some LOL shit. Decent match, Chavo is an underrated worker.

The Big Slow/Sabu deal was nothing short of a disaster...just shy of throw-away comedy. Sabu has made a living fucking up highspots..mostly with legendary results. Not last night. Maybe he just made a statement regarding asinine booking.

Speaking of booking, King Booker carried the match with Blautista. Holy shit...anyone see the botched powerbomb? Booker T puts on a clinic in a forgettable DQ.

I Quit:
Let me tell you, I wanted to quit watching wrestling for about half a second after Foley bladed his arm in PPV glory. Blatant...ridiculous. Goddamn, I wouldn't be surprised if Stephanie radio'd in the finish after that shit. Fucking Flair...."I'll kill you." Just beautiful....

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DX/Mcmahons':
Time-chewing crap. I guess the ECW announce table is pretty tough, cuntsidering the lame effect it had on HHH. Absolute crap.

Edge/Cena:
Highlight of the night. The double FU, and resulting finish was one for the books. Incredible match.

Speaking of the books, the show finished 10 minutes short of 11.

Bring on Cuntforgiven!!!

Full Bug
08-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Angle fired today

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

WWE fired Kurt Angle today. It is known Angle and his agent met with WWE officials this afternoon. More details should be forthcoming soon.

Well, there goes maybe the best active wrestler WWE had, Angle was hurting bad and needed a long break anyway....

Mr Badguy
08-26-2006, 05:27 PM
No fuckin ` way.

He was the only good thing on the fuckin` WWE.

Don Corleone
08-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Kurt released early......

Wasn't there a story involving Kurt and drugs around the same time RVD got busted?

POJO_Risin
08-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Angle is always fucking hurt...

he needs to clean up...and get healthy...

POJO_Risin
08-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Angle commented to the website, "My body is so beat up and run down, I can't even think straight." He said that the seven years of running on the road for the company have taken a major toll on him emotionally and physically, noting, "I haven't been able to really enjoy my life. I haven't seen my family, I've had problems with medication - I'm just fried physically and mentally." Angle's business manager David Hawk noted that the former Olympic Gold Medalist has been using prescription medication to deal with the situation and at this point, does not intend to return to the ring unless he can do so without the continued aid of prescription medication.

Angle's injuries from his final WWE match (as of now) in White Plains, New York against Rob Van Dam were noted as well, with Angle commenting, "Early on in the match, I pulled my groin, but I kept going, feeding off the crowd. Then I pulled my abdominal muscle off the pelvic bone, but I kept going as the crowd grew more wild. Finally, I blew out my hamstring, but we finished the match."

Angle noted in the article that there is no timeframe for his possible return to the company and that he is focusing on getting better, physically and mentally.

Full Bug
08-26-2006, 11:19 PM
At least he knew when to step back, although he should have done that a year or two ago, if he comes back or not he will go down as one of the all time greats for sure....

Mr Badguy
08-27-2006, 01:56 PM
When I first heard this I thought it was a work but now I don`t.

Jeez, the WWE roster just keeps getting weaker, soon there will be no big names left to put over some new guys.

I wonder how much $ it would cost Vince to get Rock and Hogan back on the active list for a couple of months.

Full Bug
08-28-2006, 10:32 PM

I wonder how much $ it would cost Vince to get Rock and Hogan back on the active list for a couple of months.
'The Rock', 34, spent yesterday in Washington to promote his new inspirational sports-themed movie "Gridiron Gang" and to host a screening of the flick for troops at Andrews Air Force Base. Although he made a name for himself in wrestling, Johnson said his days of slamming opponents in the ring are "absolutely" over. "I decided to quietly get out of wrestling" in order to focus on acting and to spend more time with family, he said. "I've been out for three years now."

So Rock aint never coming back....As far a Hogan, I bet he will do a match at Wrestlemania....

monkeythe
08-28-2006, 11:52 PM
The news gets even worse. Trish Stratus has confirmed that she will be retiring after Unforgiven next month.

Mr Badguy
09-15-2006, 07:30 AM
Does anyone know the status of Sean Waltman (X Pac)?

There are rumours that he will be making an appearance at Unforgiven on Sunday, no doubt a run in for DX (although I don`t know how that will ahppen in a Hell in a cell match).

Vinnie Velvet
09-15-2006, 12:49 PM

There are rumours that he will be making an appearance at Unforgiven on Sunday, no doubt a run in for DX (although I don`t know how that will ahppen in a Hell in a cell match).

Haven't heard anything further since he made an appearance at a house show last week and did crotch chops with both HHH and HBK. Click here to see the video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axrin6fv7EY

I read that there is no word on whether X-Pac has been offered a contract, and that he was just invited by Triple H to attend.

Though it does look like he may return, and as a member of DX.

Add to the rumour that Scott Hall himself is looking to return to the WWE, which may fuel an 'Outsiders' vs DX fued.

rustoffa
09-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Unforgiven sucked. HHH blading before he ever hit the padded mat was priceless.

I ran twenty red lights on the way home to watch this. Hurry up y'all....Vince 'ell have it removed!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cbxr-xXHigk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cbxr-xXHigk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mr Badguy
09-18-2006, 07:25 AM
Cena isn`t going to Smackdown.

I don`t get it.

Smackdown needs a major draft from Raw to liven it up.

Cena should have gone over, turned heel and that would have set up a serious feud with Batista or another face.

That`s what wrong with Smackdown: no killer heels.

Booker T is pretty much a joke now and JBL is out of action.

A wrestling show that generates no heat generates no ratings or tickets sales.

Full Bug
09-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Major shakeup in TNA

by Dave Meltzer

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

The big surprise that will supposedly change the entire history and face of the industry that TNA is promoting for Sunday's PPV is the return of Vince Russo.

In a panic move driven by the decline in ratings (which has been across the board for every pro wrestling and MMA TV show and not specific to TNA), the company has hired Russo to join the booking committee. Russo will work with Dutch Mantel and Jeff Jarrett. Mike Tenay and Scott D'Amore have been taken off the committee. It's unclear where Jeremy Borash stands.

The company has given Russo guidelines that there can be no sleaze on its wrestling shows, whatever that is supposed to mean. The announcement will be made to the wrestlers over the weekend.

At this point it is unclear what this will mean as far as personnel, but there will likely be a shake-up there as well. At this point we have no indication that any major players will be quitting immediately over this, although some will likely not renew their deals. The announcement does kill dead the Bill Goldberg negotiations.

Full Bug
09-21-2006, 03:43 PM
TNA is hiring Vince Russo for booking? Are they freaking nuts? Like TNA isnt already in a uphill battle staying alive, and now they get the guy that helped kill WCW? Unreal....

monkeythe
09-21-2006, 08:23 PM

X-Pac can't be signed to a national wrestling company because he signed up for the pilot of a new wrestling show that might be on MTV soon. It is called wrestling society X and the pilot taped a few months ago.

monkeythe
09-21-2006, 08:25 PM
TNA is hiring Vince Russo for booking? Are they freaking nuts? Like TNA isnt already in a uphill battle staying alive, and now they get the guy that helped kill WCW? Unreal....

I don't know if Russo was the right move, but a move was definately needed. The last booking committee has killed the X Division, the part of the company that was once it's lone bright spot.

WARF
09-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Speaking of DX....

Now that Trish is retiring... wouldn't that leave a roster spot open for Chyna?

Full Bug
09-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Chyna is fucked up in the head these days, I cant see them bringing her back....

Full Bug
09-24-2006, 11:05 PM
TNA announced on their PPV tonite that they have signed Kurt Angle, that blows me away, Kurt is nuts, WWE let him go because of his drug problems, and the fact he never gives himself time to heal, he pushes himself too hard and is gonna end up in a wheelchair one day...

VHdamaco
09-24-2006, 11:23 PM
what drugs was/are angle currently on?

just out of curiousity; i'd bever herad he had a drug problem...

steriods i can see, but was it anything else?...

rustoffa
09-25-2006, 12:08 AM

http://i10.tinypic.com/470zo9k.jpg

Leo VanNewhouse
09-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Angle at TNA will be huge for TNA, but we'll have to see how Angle will hold out. Unless he's fully healed he'll only be out after a few iMPACT! tapings I feel.

Full Bug
09-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by VHdamaco
what drugs was/are angle currently on?

just out of curiousity; i'd bever herad he had a drug problem...

steriods i can see, but was it anything else?...
The guy is always injured, so apparently he has an addiction to painkillers, when injured he just keeps on going, if Kurt was smart he would have taken at least a year off and get himself straightened out, on the other hand TNA has a lighter schedule so maybe he will do OK, I just hope he doesnt add himself to the long list of dead wrestlers....

Leo VanNewhouse
09-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Oh, thanks for posting that old school ECW video. That's how ECW should continue to be :cool:

Full Bug
09-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Angle wrote this after finishing filming of his vignettes on Wednesday:

"Being with TNA feels like I have finally found my home. I had fun in WWE at certain times, but I was never really happy. Now being part of TNA, I know I have a purpose. I feel like I am part of history, part of a company that is now only on the rise--not only going to be the number one watched wrestling show in the world within a short period of time--but TNA gives me an opprotunity to spread my wings. The company has no limits to where it can go. The sky is the limit and the main reason is because they brought the 'real' back into wrestling and that is a perfect fit for the greatest wrestler in USA Olympic history. I have room to grow here and to help TNA grow. Working for these caring and very giving employers of TNA makes me feel like I have a purpose and that the sky is the limit. I don't feel trapped or held back like I did the first six years in my tenure with the other company. They held me back. Now, our wonderful audience will see the real Kurt Angle doing what I love to do--real wreslting--and that's what puts a smile on my face each time I come to work. I even smile when I think about it. TNA will be the most watched television show on cable television. It's only a matter of time. Now, I get the opportunity and privilege of being part of it. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love. I will be here in some capacity for the rest of my life. That's real...that's damn real."

Full Bug
09-25-2006, 04:22 PM
"Not only going to be the number one watched wrestling show in the world within a short period of time"
Angle really IS on drugs if he truly believes that....

Mr Badguy
09-25-2006, 05:31 PM
So, did Angle lie to get released or what?

For a guy who quit in fear of his health he has signed up for TNA, what, three weeks later.

This stinks of TNA tapping (!) up Angle.

Okay, so when do we get the WWE DVD that trashes Angle?

Full Bug
09-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Angle didnt quit, he was fired....(For what WWE thought was his own good)

Vinnie Velvet
09-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Leo VanNewhouse
Angle at TNA will be huge for TNA, but we'll have to see how Angle will hold out. Unless he's fully healed he'll only be out after a few iMPACT! tapings I feel.

The TNA people see this as a huge opportunity and a boost much like Hogan gave WCW in '94 and ultimately with the formation of the nWo in '96.

I don't think it will have that kind of impact.

TNA are still very far from being legitimate competition for Vince.

Vinnie Velvet
10-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Well, it looks like the rumoured DX vs nWo feud may well be a reality.

With Bischoff himself coming back to TV and making the comments TWICE that "DX was a ripoff of the nWo", it looks like WWE may well go ahead with the feud.

The following piece of news just may have all but officially confirmed the nWo's return:

It has just been revealed that World Wrestling Entertainment renewed the rights to the NWO/New World Order trademark on Wednesday, September 27th. Here is the information, courtesy of uspto.gov:

Word Mark NWO NEW WORLD ORDER
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sports jerseys, tank-tops, sweatpants, tops, bottoms, and shorts; headgear, namely, hats and caps; footwear. FIRST USE: 20020531. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20020531
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Design Search Code
Filing Date September 27, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Registration Date September 25, 2007
Owner (REGISTRANT) WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. CORPORATION DELAWARE 1241 EAST MAIN ST STAMFORD CONNECTICUT 06902
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Renee L. Duff
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL

-----

Now, the question is, who will the nWo be comprised of??

It looks like Bischoff will be the manager once again, that seems likely.

Hogan is very unlikely at this point since he's pretty much done wrestling full time and only makes one-off appearances and matches. Besides, he won't go back to turning heel as "Hollywood", so scratch the Hulkster off the list.

Scott Hall is a possibility. Word is that he's been training hard for a comeback, however, at 48 years of age and a history of alcoholism, Hall is still a question mark.

X-Pac is more likely. It'd be interesting to see which side he would choose, since he was in DX also.

Kevin Nash, from what I understand, is still under contract with TNA.
Nash's bad knees and inability to wrestle full time doesn't make him a good candidate for the revamped nWo.

So, who's left??

Big Show is on ECW, and currently champion, is very unlikely.

---so, I'm not sure how WWE is going to handle this nWo comeback and DX feud.

Mr Badguy
10-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Well, it looks like the rumoured DX vs nWo feud may well be a reality.

With Bischoff himself coming back to TV and making the comments TWICE that "DX was a ripoff of the nWo", it looks like WWE may well go ahead with the feud.

The following piece of news just may have all but officially confirmed the nWo's return:

It has just been revealed that World Wrestling Entertainment renewed the rights to the NWO/New World Order trademark on Wednesday, September 27th. Here is the information, courtesy of uspto.gov:

Word Mark NWO NEW WORLD ORDER
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sports jerseys, tank-tops, sweatpants, tops, bottoms, and shorts; headgear, namely, hats and caps; footwear. FIRST USE: 20020531. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20020531
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Design Search Code
Filing Date September 27, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Registration Date September 25, 2007
Owner (REGISTRANT) WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT INC. CORPORATION DELAWARE 1241 EAST MAIN ST STAMFORD CONNECTICUT 06902
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Renee L. Duff
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL

-----

Now, the question is, who will the nWo be comprised of??

It looks like Bischoff will be the manager once again, that seems likely.

Hogan is very unlikely at this point since he's pretty much done wrestling full time and only makes one-off appearances and matches. Besides, he won't go back to turning heel as "Hollywood", so scratch the Hulkster off the list.

Scott Hall is a possibility. Word is that he's been training hard for a comeback, however, at 48 years of age and a history of alcoholism, Hall is still a question mark.

X-Pac is more likely. It'd be interesting to see which side he would choose, since he was in DX also.

Kevin Nash, from what I understand, is still under contract with TNA.
Nash's bad knees and inability to wrestle full time doesn't make him a good candidate for the revamped nWo.

So, who's left??

Big Show is on ECW, and currently champion, is very unlikely.

---so, I'm not sure how WWE is going to handle this nWo comeback and DX feud.

I think it would be possible with Bischoff as head and one or two old school NWO guys, Hall and someone else.

They could use it to elevate some new guys if used properly.

Shit, if they had brought Bischoff in before WM18 with the NWO, instead of the half assed Hogan/Nash/Hall angle that lasted five minutes, they would have drawn a ton of money.

Vinnie Velvet
10-05-2006, 10:48 AM
I think it would be possible with Bischoff as head and one or two old school NWO guys, Hall and someone else.

They could use it to elevate some new guys if used properly.

Shit, if they had brought Bischoff in before WM18 with the NWO, instead of the half assed Hogan/Nash/Hall angle that lasted five minutes, they would have drawn a ton of money.

Agreed.

I was pissed off how Vince totally ruined the nWo angle in 2002.

However, it was difficult for Hogan to come back to the WWE as a heel, he just had to go back to red and yellow. They couldn't have Hogan go out against the Rock while he wasn't getting any heat but more pops.

Mr Badguy
10-05-2006, 08:10 PM
The only thing is that everyone knows that Bischoff has no stroke backstage.

They would have to run an angle about him getting some kind of power in WWE.

If they don`t then nobody will buy it, this needs a slow build for maximum payoff.

They can`t just have guys walking out in NWO shirts, like, next week.

WARF
10-05-2006, 08:12 PM
It should build up for a Bischoff/McMahon wrestlemania match!

rustoffa
10-05-2006, 08:54 PM
The only thing is that everyone knows that Bischoff has no stroke backstage.

They would have to run an angle about him getting some kind of power in WWE.

I dunno about the NWO angle. It's been beaten to death. Building heat regarding the Bischoff/DX angle? Cue the breaking glass....

http://i12.tinypic.com/44v9eet.jpg

Full Bug
10-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Check out this columm on whats wrong with WWE these days, its a good read....
http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=17610

POJO_Risin
10-12-2006, 05:14 PM
"cue the breaking glass..."

Now that...would be interesting...

rustoffa
10-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah, the SCSA/Bischoff co-managerial era was some LOL shit. If Austin would lower his demands, he'd be on every monday night. Remember the old DX/Austin/Tyson deal? The shocking Tyson face-turn?

Book this Vince:

SCSA return/slow burn to WM.

DX/Bischoff square off...week-in, week-out, with SCSA stirring the pot.

Hall (could have been one of the best ever) shows up in support of Bischoff.

DX fumes...SCSA stirs the pot.

Angle shows up in support of DX, sporting a tiny cowboy hat.

Angle fumes, SCSA cuts a series of the funniest promos' in RAW history, and cuntinues to stir the pot.

Anyone care to see some heat-building storylines/matches between Scott Hall & Kurt Angle?

RAISE YOUR HAND

Get it together Vince. That seenario goes through early December. After the new year, pay some motherfuckers.

Make it count.

Matt White
10-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Check out this columm on whats wrong with WWE these days, its a good read....
http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=17610

Right on the money

Mr Badguy
10-13-2006, 07:23 AM
That was a pretty good read.

You would think WWE/Vince would have learned from WCW`s mistakes: hotshot booking, stale guys on top burying the undercard, making himself main event talent, putting PPV sized matches on free TV with no promotion etc.

Shit, you`d think with Bischoff being there it would be a constant reminder.

Perhaps Vince being constantly on TV being "Mr McMahon" has taken his eye off the ball when it actually comes to RUNNING the company, which should surely be his day job.

I bet Bischoff is laughing his ass off watching WWE go down the tubes exactly the same way he fucked up WCW.

Full Bug
10-13-2006, 06:23 PM
That was a pretty good read.

You would think WWE/Vince would have learned from WCW`s mistakes.

I bet Bischoff is laughing his ass off watching WWE go down the tubes exactly the same way he fucked up WCW.
You would think Vince wouldnt let it happen, it is HIS money, Bischoff just blew Ted's money, Vince is so out of touch with what fans want its unreal....

Mr Badguy
10-13-2006, 08:19 PM
You would think Vince wouldnt let it happen, it is HIS money, Bischoff just blew Ted's money, Vince is so out of touch with what fans want its unreal....

Yeah, but at the time Bischoff didn`t know that it would bring down the company.

If Vince reads the history books he`ll see some worrying parallels.

This is all his own doing anyway, he bought up all the territories and has no competition, which means he`s got to create "superstars" rather than getting in a guy with a ready made gimmick who knew how to work from years on the road.

These new guys have to grow up "on screen" and they either don`t get the push straight away and lurk around jobbing, which makes them look like losers, or they get an instant push and the fans reject them because they haven`t "paid their dues".

Five hours original TV a week is too much.

Maybe the brand extension would work better if he based the different brands in different countries, like one in the US, one in Japn and one in Europe.

rustoffa
10-14-2006, 12:33 AM
If Vince reads the history books he`ll see some worrying parallels.

This is all his own doing anyway, he bought up all the territories and has no competition, which means he`s got to create "superstars" rather than getting in a guy with a ready made gimmick who knew how to work from years on the road.

These new guys have to grow up "on screen" and they either don`t get the push straight away and lurk around jobbing, which makes them look like losers, or they get an instant push and the fans reject them because they haven`t "paid their dues".

Read and heed. Fucking nailed.

Sad thing is, Vince knows everything about the business. He could care less. Fucking Bischoff was nothing more than Tony Schiavoney(sp) with charm.

It's laughable.....kayfabeable.

Vince McMahon sent the worst of the worst to TNT (Turner.)

Ted Turner didn't understand wrasslin. He didn't understand the NWA for God's sake. Too bad for the NWA.

The NWA took another hit when Vince bankrolled ECW. Belt in the trashcan!

Get it together Foley. Sovereign Press is calling...put those magical years in every promotion worthwhile on shitty paper.

Extra credit?

Type about Hayabusa.

Make it count.

Full Bug
10-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Some interesting comments from Kurt Angle this week....

There was an explosive more than 90 minute conference call with Kurt Angle today which was extremely newsworthy. Angle said all the things you'd expect him to say regarding TNA's future, and also praised Spike TV heavily. He said TNA had far better athletes and he had an unlimited supply of future opponents to have five-star matches with, whereas in WWE there were only a few. He continually portrayed himself as the best wrestler in the world, which some would take as arrogance, but you have to have confidence/arrogance to be on top in this business, and the guys who don't show it that are on top are also working in the other direction.

--He was very negative toward Vince McMahon. He said his doctor told him he needed to take three months off for rehab three years ago due to a painkiller problem but Vince refused to give him the time off, saying you're an Olympic gold medalist and suck it up. He categorized the time period as when he was working with John Cena and the people were turning him (which was a year ago actually). He said he went cold turkey and takes no pain pills, totally contradicting his statements when he was fired that he needed pain pills to wrestle and just to take out the garbage so he needs to take time off.

--He was strong in claiming he called the meeting with Vince and his goal was to be released. He didn't use the word work, but said he behaved erratic at the meeting and broke down and cried as a way to get released, although he said at the time he thought he was going to MMA and not TNA.

--He didn't say he got a $30 million five year offer from Pride, but said the word had gotten around to Vince that he did.

--He claimed his health was close to 100% and his agreement is that he will work when he can perform at 100% and when he can't he'll take time off. He couldn't have praised Dixie Carter more, saying any time he needs time off to heal he will get it, unlike in WWE.

--He claimed whenever he asked for time off from WWE, somebody would get hurt and he'd be pressed into service and never got the time off. He praised some people, notably Pat Patterson and Jerry Brisco for teaching him and Chris Benoit as his favorite opponent, but felt after Austin and Rock were gone that it was his turn to be the focal point of the company and couldn't understand why the son-in-law and Shawn Michaels were pushed ahead of him.

--Said he was rebuffed when he came up with merchandise ideas for himself, that somehow WWE either wouldn't market him or didn't feel he was marketable in that way.

--Said he was interested in MMA, but didn't really talk about any definite plans other than his contract gives him time off to train if he wants it. He said many companies have offered him "retirement money" for just one fight. He did say he was offered a New Year's Eve match with Brock Lesnar by K-1 and didn't say he wasn't doing it, but you could tell he wasn't because he said he needed six months of training before fighting.

--He praised Dana White, but said he reminded him of Vince McMahon in that White only wanted him to do one fight, but sign an exclusive deal and work with the company as a goodwill ambassador. He didn't even want to say the name of his opponent, and actually cut a tremendous pro wrestling promo on the guy, and recounted the Tough Enough situation. He claimed he was 208, with a broken neck and no feeling in his hands when the deal happened and Puder got him in a hammerlock, but ripped on Puder, saying he wasn't a good athlete and that today he's at full strength and would demolish him in 40 seconds. He said White told him because of the back story it would be the biggest buy rate in UFC history if they had that match, and Angle agreed, but said it would all be due to him. He seemed to genuinely be pissed off about Puder's T-shirts and all the pub he got, basically claiming he's tried to make himself a name at his expense. He did say if it came up in TNA to do an angle with Puder he would, but said he can't wrestle at the level of the TNA guys.

--He made it clear he hated being in ECW, that he had nobody to work with (although he praised RVD a lot and said he felt RVD should be champion and should have been champ a long time ago, and also praised Sabu). He said he didn't fit in with the chairs and barbed wire. He also claimed he was an agent in ECW but when he was giving pointers on working to guys with more experience, they resented him for it and complained about it.

--Said he plans on working for Dixie Carter for the next 30 years, whether it be p.r., writing, or being an agent after his wrestling days are over.

--Put over Samoa Joe big, and said he loved his new ring entrance music and entrance that will be on the PPV

--In total denial regarding a question that the type of neck surgery he had may not have been the right decision. He said Dr. Jho saved his career and that the fusion surgery that so many (Edge, Benoit, Lita, Bob Holly, Steve Austin, Rhino, etc.) had was prehistorical and all are suffering neck problems because of it. Said he told Vince for people to do it in the future with Dr. Jho, but that because he got hurt again, nobody has and they don't belive it.

--Said he had not taken a painkiller in three years. Quit cold turkey while on the road, even though his doctor told him it was impossible, because Vince said he couldn't give him three months off for rehab

--"I'm 100% healthy. There are no issues."

--Was very positive regarding fans who were concerned and felt he shouldn't wrestle, but said his brain says he can go, his heart says he can go, and doctors and God have told him he can go and there is no reason not to wrestle.

--Said when he got to the meeting with Vince, he was attacked (verbally) and he was the one who asked for the release, and Vince asked him if they could say it was a mutual deal to save face. He had never spoken to anyone from TNA until after the meeting where he was released (I believe that, but he also would have to say it due to tampering laws even if not true)

--"I did what I had to do," basically intimating he worked Vince into the release with his behavior. That is not the first time he's said that, as he was saying it a week after it happened.

--When it was brought up that Dana White said he didn't want an actor, he said White offered him a ton of money and he thought he was going to go there but the exclusive nature of the contract bothered him as he didn't want to be owned. White didn't want him doing both, but very much wanted him in UFC. I think there should be no misunderstanding there.

--Blamed Eddy Guerrero's death as being due to exhaustion and not applicable to him. Also said Eddy Guerrero was clean and his death wasn't drug related saying he died an honorable death. When asked about the angles exploiting Guerrero's death, he didn't really give an answer, saying Vince is supporting the family but also felt Vince should have given all the money made from Guerrero merchandise directly to the family and guaranteed that wasn't the case.

--Said he didn't expect to work for WWE again, and then said "Never say never," but then you could tell his wife was listening and said something to him. He then intimated his wife was a better judge of character than he was, and she told him that he should never work for Vince McMahon again.

--Ripped on kissing ass segments and live sex deal and said TNA was going to have two hour TV shows that would give 30 minutes to the main event. Then later said TNA has the best wrestling writer in the world in Vince Russo and the best wrestler in the world in him.

--He said before he left that he asked to be put back on Raw or Smackdown, was told by Vince he was the faced of ECW but then said that was a lie as he wasn't the face of ECW. Asked why the best wrestler in the company wasn't booked on SummerSlam (he actually was booked, but pulled off the show because the company was concerned about him)

--Would not say HHH was a cancer, but said he shouldn't be writing and wrestling. Said HHH would never put guys over who were a threat to his spot. Said he'd put Benoit over because Benoit could never be the top guy because of charisma, and would put Cena over because Cena had great charisma but couldn't be te best wrestler. HHH wouldn't put Angle over because he had both. Said he respected him as a performer but not as a person.

Mr Badguy
10-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Wow, it really looks like Angle has a big problem with Vince/HHH/WWE.

I wouldn`t say that he`d never be welcome back there but he`ll never get put over the way he did before if he did go back (which looks unlikely if he`s pussy-whipped).

Full Bug
10-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Some of the things Angle says dont add up, and it sounds to me like he is still in self denial about his health problems....Not a good sign....

Mr Badguy
10-19-2006, 06:29 PM
He also needs his head checked if he thinks Vince Russo is "the best writer in the business".

monkeythe
10-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Sadly, another wrestler has passed away way too soon.

R.I.P. Corporal Kirchner

Full Bug
10-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Sadly, another wrestler has passed away way too soon.

R.I.P. Corporal Kirchner
Kirchner death a hoax

Cpl. Kirchner speaks: "I'm not dead!"

It's been a weird couple of days for the family of Corporal Kirchner. WWE.com reported his death on Thursday, which then circulated widely through the world. But Mike Kirchner is still around. "I'm still alive and well, and thanks for everybody's concern. I'm doing well, and I'm happy and life is good."

Kirchner was on the road when he was contacted by SLAM! Wrestling. He drives a truck now, and gets to see the world in a different way.

"I drive a big rig for a company called TMC. It's cool. It's great. I do cross-country driving now. I go all over. I've been all over the world, and it's just traveling that has been my life," he said. "You know it's great because you get to see the things that you missed from the arenas. You drive by the arenas that you used to work in, but you get to see everything else along it -- the scenery, the states, the mountains. It's 'where do I want to go this week?' and I drive where I want to go and that's where I head to, provided there's a load there. It's always interesting. I just came out of Arizona this week."

When he heard about his "death", he was actually in Connecticut, the home state of WWE. He was tempted to drive to WWE headquarters in Stamford, and say, "Guess what guys? I'm still around."

His mother, Jean Kirchner, has been suffering the most. "I have no idea where it originated or anything," she told SLAM! Wrestling. "All I know is I've been getting calls from relatives saying, 'How is Mike? Is he alright? Are you okay?' I said, 'Why?' 'Well, according to this article on the WWE website, he's dead.' It's a man named Thomas Spear, who I think might have been Leatherface in Japan, hence the confusion."

From the research SLAM! Wrestling has done, there is almost no connection with Thomas Spear to the wrestling business, and certainly not to WWE.

The Thomas Spear who died at his home in White Marsh, Md. on Sunday is a mystery to the Corporal. - "Even back in the day, I'm thinking, 'Tom Spear, Tom Spear.' I don't recall the name Tom Spear. Them publishing my death is beyond me because I had calls from my family that notified me, asking me about it. I have no idea where this came from. This was a shocker to me. I haven't even been sick lately. It's pretty bizarre seeing your own eulogy sometimes, or hearing about. People called me all day yesterday. 'Are you alright?' I'd say, 'If I wasn't, then how could I answer the phone? What, I'm going to resurrect for you? Yeah, I'm dead but for you, I'll answer the phone.' It's pretty about that. I don't know where the story even came from."

His frequent WWF opponent Nikolai Volkoff was equally mystified. For one thing, Volkoff lives nearby where Spear died. Volkoff said a friend called after seeing the notice in the Baltimore Sun. "He said, 'You know Corporal Kirchner died?' I said, 'No.' I said, 'Last thing I heard, he lived in Florida, not here in Baltimore.' He said, 'No, this guy lived here in White Marsh.'"

Jean Kirchner, who wrote a fictional account of her son's career entitled, Wrestle This ... Corporal Punishment under the name Genevieve O'Callaghan, called WWE to correct the mistake. "I called them [Friday], and I said, 'I'm his mother, and I'm here to tell you he's not dead.'" The WWE's reaction? "They took it off the website yesterday." No correction is up on the WWE website, nor has any attempt been made to retract the story and undo the damage, she said.

For a man who apparently died last Sunday, Mike Kirchner is pretty jovial about it all. "Thanks for keeping me around. It's nice being popular again. It's amazing what being dead does for you. I thought my career was dead."

monkeythe
10-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Damn you WWE.com. At least they had his WM2 match against Nikolai Volkoff available on the site.

Vinnie Velvet
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
I dunno about the NWO angle. It's been beaten to death. Building heat regarding the Bischoff/DX angle? Cue the breaking glass....

http://i12.tinypic.com/44v9eet.jpg

Austin is DONE as a wrestler.

He basically can't do it anymore because of recurring injuries to his neck, not to mention BOTH knees.

He was brought on as RAW general manager before--that worked for a bit, but it ultimately failed because Austin didn't wrestle.

Fans don't want to see Stone Cold as an on-screen personality, manager, whatever. They want to see him wrestle and so on.

He can't do it, so that's it. Austin AINT coming back like that.

Vinnie Velvet
10-23-2006, 05:49 PM
The problem is that WWE is having difficulty developing NEW stars.

Or that there doesn't seem anyone out there who is special enough to be the next Hogan, HBK, Rock or Austin.

WWE is starting to look a lot like WCW in the late 90s, relying on old talent for ratings, PPV buy rates, etc, because there is no one, or that there not developing new talent to 'carry the torch' so to speak.

In the 80s, we had Hogan, Savage, etc.

In the 90s, we had Micheals, Hart, Undertaker, Nash, Hall, etc.

By the late 90s-into 2000, we had the Rock, Austin and HHH, riding the wave.

To my mind, since the Rock, there hasn't been ANYONE NEAR that calibre or the names I mentioned that can carry WWE into future years.

Forget about Cena, Batista, and so on.

They suck and everyone knows it.

rustoffa
10-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Austin is DONE as a wrestler.

He basically can't do it anymore because of recurring injuries to his neck, not to mention BOTH knees.

He was brought on as RAW general manager before--that worked for a bit, but it ultimately failed because Austin didn't wrestle.

Fans don't want to see Stone Cold as an on-screen personality, manager, whatever. They want to see him wrestle and so on.

He can't do it, so that's it. Austin AINT coming back like that.

I disagree bro. The co-managerial deal with Bischoff got alot of heat, and basically ended due to SCSA's ludicrous monetarial demands. I'm fully aware of his neck welds....fuck, he was never a mat technician.

Make no mistake, he'd bolster the WWE's merch-sales like yesterday's tomorrow.....and that???

Let's see....what would Vince Say??

THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!!!!

Vinnie Velvet
10-24-2006, 10:33 AM
I disagree bro. The co-managerial deal with Bischoff got alot of heat, and basically ended due to SCSA's ludicrous monetarial demands. I'm fully aware of his neck welds....fuck, he was never a mat technician.

Make no mistake, he'd bolster the WWE's merch-sales like yesterday's tomorrow.....and that???

Let's see....what would Vince Say??

THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!!!!

I disagree dude.

The point I was trying to make was that Austin as an "on-screen personality/manager" only goes so far before it gets stale.

Why???? Because he's not in any matches.

He can come in and give a stunner or two -- but at this point, the WWE needs him to do more but they know he can't.

Vinnie Velvet
10-24-2006, 10:35 AM
I started watching the first hour of RAW and decided I'd had enough.

The most boring ass storylines and matches ever!

I didn't even stay up to watch the HHH-Orton match.

Fuck, it looked like WCW, circa 2000.

Full Bug
10-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Boy dies in hanging

SYRACUSE, N.Y. A six-year-old boy may have been trying to imitate wrestling moves when he hanged himself from a doorknob.

A family friend says Kareem Pendergraph loved to watch wrestling on television.

Kareem's death is particularly tragic for the Syracuse, New York, family. Police say the family lost a seven-month-old child from sudden infant death syndrome in 2003 and an eleven-month-old child died of pneumonia in 1998.

Police say Kareem's death appears to be accidental, but that it still is under investigation.

The family friend says Kareem was alone with his grandfather when the accident took place. The boy had asked if he could watch a professional wrestling show on T-V and went upstairs to play. He was discovered later that night hanging from a belt.
========
So he hung himself? He must have been watching a Cena or Batista match and coundnt take watching their lousy wrestling skills....;) :D

rustoffa
10-27-2006, 11:27 PM
I disagree dude.

The point I was trying to make was that Austin as an "on-screen personality/manager" only goes so far before it gets stale.

Why???? Because he's not in any matches.

He can come in and give a stunner or two -- but at this point, the WWE needs him to do more but they know he can't.

It's all good bro. The point I was trying to make was that SCSA's history with DX and Bischoff would lend itself well to the "independent badass" gimmick. Think about it.

Miller Lite:
http://www.manlaws.com/

SCSA shows up at the square table. Fucking BANK.

DylanLeeRoth
10-28-2006, 06:14 AM
none of you know anything about wrestling. im disgusted you marks.

Big Troubles
10-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Chris Jericho XM interview piece

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=21071&p=1

Y2J says "Slam Dunk!" is a pretty little ditty with the guitar work of John 5, who either is currently or used to play with Paul Stanley on the "Live To Win" record & is now in Rob Zombie's band on the "Educated Horses" record & touring with the band also. He says "Slam Dunk!" was after Roth's popularity [yep, as he says it] "waned" in '98 when the record ["DLR Band"] came out on an indy label [Wawazat Records], says it had all these crazy songs & even though "Slam Dunk!" is a cool song, he mentions "Lose The Dress [Keep The Shoes]" & says that's his motto for any fine female that may meet him in the future. He says another great song title which was the name of his record company that he released it under called "Wa Wa Zat!!", as in "What Was That" but spelled differently & sings:"Wa Wa Zat!!", BIOW, "Wa Wa Zat!!", BEBEBOW, "Wa Wa Zat!!", "Wa Wa Zat!!' ". He says only Dave can get away with opening a record company called Wawazat Records & says "DAVE RULES, DAVE PLEASE, GET A HOLD OF EDDIE VAN HALEN, GRAB HIM BY HIS THROAT & SAYS 'EDDIE, STOP IT, STOP WRITING SONGS FOR PORNOS & GET BACK ON THE HORSE, CLEAN UP, REHEARSE & LET'S GO PLAY FRIGGING GIANTS STADIUM WITH THE VH REUNION TOUR'".

Matt White
11-06-2006, 11:15 PM
PIPER & FLAIR tag champs...

Somebody needs to introduce the Hot Rod to Slim Fast....and a tanning bed!!!!

Mr Badguy
11-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
PIPER & FLAIR tag champs...

Somebody needs to introduce the Hot Rod to Slim Fast....and a tanning bed!!!!

Yeah, I finally got around to watching Cyber Sunday last night.

Piper is really out of shape, literally no muscle at all.

He was never ripped but he`s lost what build he had, he made Flair look like Batista.

He should have kept his Tshirt on.

Other than that, the show pretty much sucked.

Why bother having a "Champion of Champions" match when everybody knows that noone is going to drop their belt?

Revan
11-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by DylanLeeRoth
none of you know anything about wrestling. im disgusted you marks.

OK, shithead. Why don't you educate somebody with all 17 years of your accumulated so-called "knowledge" about professional wrestling, then?

Fucking retard.

Lqskdiver
11-10-2006, 04:33 PM
omg! this thread is still running! i haven't caught a raw show in ages. from what i see, there are three different shows:

wwe raw
wwe smackdown
ecw

Is this correct?

Full Bug
11-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
omg! this thread is still running! i haven't caught a raw show in ages. from what i see, there are three different shows:

wwe raw
wwe smackdown
ecw

Is this correct?
Yeah, if you dont include TNA....

rustoffa
11-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Piper is really out of shape, literally no muscle at all.

He was never ripped but he`s lost what build he had, he made Flair look like Batista.

There's a chapter in Arn Anderson's "Behind The Curtain" book regarding "goons". Fuckers' that would "stretch" trainees' back in the old days. He goes into detail regarding Piper's cruel tendencies. Apparently, some muscle-bound dipshit got put in an arm-bar....next stop? The hospital.

Piper was arguably in his best-physical-conditioning for John Carpenter's "They Live." Hollyroids!!! Let's all re-live the heel-larious fight scene!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqKFadyJxwg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqKFadyJxwg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Dan
11-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Nice one Rustoffa.

Full Bug
11-11-2006, 09:26 PM
--The WWE is going to be doing its own cartoon on its web site called "Mr. McMahon's Ass."

No, thats not a joke....
Christ, why doesnt this surprise me anymore?:rolleyes:

Full Bug
11-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Anyone watching the TNA prime time debut tonite? Its been great wrestling so far, pretty lame skits though....Kurt Angle is making his TV match debut as well....

Mr Badguy
12-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Roddy Piper has been diagnosed with Cancer!

What was thought to have been a disc problem turned into something more serious when a growth removed from his spine was tested positive for Hodginson`s Lymphoma.

Piper will be undergoing radiation therapy.

I hope he recovers.

My sister had Hodgkinson`s disease a few years back and by the grace of God she got better.

Good luck, Hot Rod.

Full Bug
12-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Roddy is tough, if anyone can beat Cancer its its him.....
Anyone watch the ECW PPV?
I heard it was maybe the worst PPV WWE has ever done, at this point I think Vince wants ECW to fail....

Mr Badguy
12-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I heard it was maybe the worst PPV WWE has ever done, at this point I think Vince wants ECW to fail....

I recorded it last night but I`ve only seen the first hour.

Hardys Vs MNM was alright although very few high spots compared to the Jeff/Nitro ladder match a few weeks ago.

Matt Striker Vs Balls Mahoney sucked.

I`ll watch the rest later.

Every month WWE stes a record for the worst PPV ever.

Anybody see TNA Genesis?

Angle Vs Joe was pretty good!

DylanLeeRoth
12-05-2006, 11:31 AM
ecw ppv results in paul heyman being fired. we'll everyone say good bye to ECW.

Vinnie Velvet
12-05-2006, 11:47 AM

The whole "ECW" WWE venture was destined to fail -- because it was just another tired WWE product that was put under the old "ECW" label.

But it wasn't ECW of old. It was just another useless WWE brand extension that sucked majorly.

Vince is, and has been for some time, OUT OF TOUCH with the whole sports entertainment/wrestling business.

The wrong guys are being given a push, there are stupid storylines, some matches are very poor and way too much attention paid to the 'Divas' -- now I'm all for some tna, but it shouldn't be the reason for watching WWE programming -- the wrestling and the storylines have to take center stage or it will suck (as it sucks now).

Vinnie Velvet
12-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by DylanLeeRoth
ecw ppv results in paul heyman being fired. we'll everyone say good bye to ECW.

Good for him, he should've never associated himself with a so-called 'new' ECW that is essentially run by Stephanie and daddy Vince.

Looks like Sabu is on the way out too (maybe even headed back to TNA) and Big Show is taking some time off due to injuries.

Watch out Vince, the more suck ass wrestling PPVs you put on, the more momentum you give to TNA.

Full Bug
12-06-2006, 06:45 PM
I have heard that Sabu is 'Ín the doghouse' with Vince, him beinremoved from the main event at the PPV is proof of that, anyone know what he did?

Vinnie Velvet
12-07-2006, 03:03 PM
I have heard that Sabu is 'Ín the doghouse' with Vince, him beinremoved from the main event at the PPV is proof of that, anyone know what he did?

Not sure.

Apparently what I heard is that some WWE officials are not so high on Sabu because they feel he can't put on any "regular" wrestling matches without any chairs and tables ( um...okay...but that's why he's in 'ECW':rolleyes: ).

Also, there was the weed incident between him and RVD some months ago.

Mr Badguy
12-07-2006, 04:10 PM
I think WWE signing all the ex ECW guys was purely a short term plan to give the launch of ECW a bit of legitamacy.

What did Vince do with Tommy Dreamer in the time he was at WWE?

Fuck all.

I can`t see WWE having much time for guys like Sabu, Sandman or Balls Mahoney other than to get the ECW brand over with the old school ECW fans.

There`s something about ECW that the WWE doesn`t (never has and never will) get, and that`s that ECW shouldn`t be totally scripted. Yes, ther should be a guide line in place for feuds and matches but the fun of the old ECW was the shock value of REAL shoots, not Stephanie` s team of writers soap opera shit.

Plus filling the roster with B list WWE guys like Davari, Turkay, Test and Hardcore Holly is just bullshit.

Full Bug
12-07-2006, 06:31 PM
The Inevitable: Heyman’s Departure From WWE

njguy316@yahoo.com

When WWE decided to resurrect the ECW brand name this past summer, and bring Paul Heyman back as the head writer, it was always going to be a matter of time before Paul had another falling out with Vince McMahon. The two had butted heads and clashed countless times in the past. Heyman has seemingly been in a revolving door in and out of the company since 2001. He has his vision of what makes a successful wrestling promotion, Vince McMahon has his. The two visions sometimes meshed together, but more times than not they were on opposite sides of the spectrum. It was inevitable that their battles of the past were going to rage again.

The inevitable happened this past Monday, as Paul Heyman was relieved of his duties as head writer for the ECW brand, on the heals of by far the worst PPV of the year in wrestling. Perhaps one of the worst ever and that covers a lot of ground. The PPV was an abomination, and everyone within WWE knew it. This is one they couldn’t hide from. You can’t charge people $40 for a PPV, give them a crappy show, and end the show 25 minutes early to boot. To no one’s surprise, the blame fell squarely on the shoulders of Paul Heyman.

Heyman had a meeting with Vince and Stephanie McMahon on Monday afternoon prior to the Raw/ECW tapings in Charleston, South Carolina. Paul was blamed for not being able to conform to Vince McMahon’s new vision of ECW. Heyman was upset that large parts of the script he submitted for the PPV were changed, and that he was getting blamed for the result. The decision was made for the two sides to part ways. Paul left the meeting, got his things, and quietly left the building. Not too soon after he was on a plane home, and he is officially gone from WWE at this point.

Contrary to what some people are speculating, and contrary to the appearances on ECW TV this week, and the WWE website, this is not a work, or part of some storyline. Paul Heyman is legitimately gone. Where he goes next is still very much in doubt. As of this writing, he has not officially been released from the company. There is a lot of speculation on what his status will be for the future. WWE could release him outright; they could pay him to essentially sit home, until his contract runs out. They could also send him back down to OVW, where he had been booking until getting called back up to do the ECW project this past June.

It’s my opinion that Vince isn’t going to release Heyman. He doesn’t want him around on a weekly basis, he doesn’t want him writing ECW anymore, but he also doesn’t want him going to TNA. It’s the same reason he still keeps Eric Bischoff under contract. I could definitely see Vince either paying him to sit home, or sending him back to OVW. And OVW needs the help too, with Al Snow and Danny Davis currently booking the promotion, and not doing a very good job according to reports. With Heyman down in Louisville he would be serving a purpose, but he would be out of everyone’s hair. Plus, most important to Vince, he wouldn’t be going to TNA.

I don’t know that any of this is going to happen; it’s just pure speculation on my part. Vince literally changes his mind from week to week, so he could get to Raw next Monday, and decide to fire Heyman outright. He could decide to bring him back at some point. That’s certainly not out of the question given how many times Heyman’s been in and out of the company over the past few years. No one really knows for sure. It’s still a developing story.

What we do know is that by removing Heyman all they did was shovel more dirt on the already quickly filling grave of ECW. It’s really a shame too, because a revived ECW was something a lot of people had interest in, and something that could have been a real success for the company if done right.

But that’s the key phrase, “if done right.” ECW was never going to be done right, because Vince was never going to let it be ECW. Just like he did with The Invasion, just like he did with the NWO, Bill Goldberg, and the list goes on, it had to be his vision, and not the vision of what made those things successful in the past. If it’s not a Vince McMahon creation, then he has to come in, and show everyone that he can do it better than the original. And in almost all cases he’s failed miserably. His track record speaks for itself.

Paul Heyman faced an uphill battle from the beginning with ECW. It’s something that not everyone was for at the beginning. It was an idea Vince McMahon came up with, and pretty much pushed through. Heyman has a lot of people in the company that don’t like him for a variety of reasons. Stephanie McMahon, Kevin Dunn, Brian Gewirtz, and Michael Hayes among others. He rubs a lot of people the wrong way with his combative personality, and his sometimes abrasive way of dealing with people. He’s never been good with working in a group setting, and often clashed with other members of the writing team in the past.

Then you had the conflict of how to present ECW. Heyman had his vision of what ECW was supposed to be from promoting it for seven years. Vince McMahon had his vision of what he wanted the new ECW to be. Everyone agreed that the new ECW couldn’t be a retread of the old stuff from the past. That simply wouldn’t work in the year 2006. The business had changed, the fans had changed, and those old ECW wrestlers had gotten older. What the new ECW was supposed to be was a mix of new and old talent, with more of an emphasis on the in-ring wrestling part of the show, and a show with a look and feel different than a usual WWE show.

It’s been a constant battle from Week 1. Heyman and his vision, McMahon and his vision. Some weeks things looked good, and it appeared that ECW was starting to develop its own identity. Other weeks it looked like nothing more than a glorified version of Sunday Night Heat or Velocity. All the while Vince showed his disdain for the old ECW audience. They represented what he wanted to get away from, and the style of show he didn’t want to have.

The best episode of ECW on Sci Fi was the one they did from Hammerstein Ballroom on 8/1. The crowd was hot, the show felt like something cool. That was also the night the NYC crowd just happened to crap on Vince’s main event of Batista vs. Big Show. I wonder whose brilliant idea it was to book that main event in front of that crowd.

Everyone raved afterwards about what a good show it was, and about how that was what the new ECW should be like. It’s no coincidence that Vince didn’t like the show, and ever since that night there’s been a concerted effort to make the new ECW as little about the old ECW as possible. That narrow, close minded attitude came to a head with the December To Dismember PPV this past Sunday.

The fact is that ECW was never going to work with or without Paul Heyman. There were always going to be too many obstacles in the way. Some people have said that Vince never wanted ECW to succeed. That’s a stupid statement in my view. Of course he wanted it to succeed, he just wanted it succeed on his terms.

They put out a DVD that sold a bunch of copies. They had a PPV in 2005 that was a big success. Vince saw an opportunity to capitalize on a popular phenomenon. He just never realized how much work was involved. He thought he could just wave his magic wand, and everyone would instantly fall in love with his new product. Well, as he’s proven all too many times over the past few years, his magic wand doesn’t have a hell of a lot of magic left.

ECW is sinking like the Titanic, and there is a lot of blame to go around for why it’s happening. Paul Heyman isn’t blameless, but he certainly doesn’t deserve as much blame as he’s getting. If he submits one thing in a script, and someone changes the script, and the new script sucks, how can you blame the original writer? Heyman is the fall guy because it’s always easier for Vince to blame him. It’s easier to blame other people instead of looking in the mirror, and accepting your own blame.

And Vince, sorry to tell you, the large part of the blame for ECW falls on you and your narrow, stubborn view of what professional wrestling…sorry “sports entertainment” has to be. Guess what? There is more than one way, as TNA is proving, as ROH is proving, as UFC is proving in its own genre. Your way doesn’t work anymore. Your way went the way of cassette tapes and Super Nintendo. In other words, your way is obsolete.

You can blame Paul Heyman for ECW being a failure. He’s an easy target. He’s loud, he’s obnoxious, he doesn’t conform. He also knows how to book professional wrestling. He knows how to get characters over, and create storylines that not only interest people, but also make sense. He’s the master at getting the most out of the least. That’s how he made his success in ECW. He was the perfect guy to run the new ECW.

He’s a lousy businessman, and I wouldn’t trust him with a buck as far as I could throw him. But he knows pro wrestling. And you couldn’t just step aside, and let him do his thing. You had to have it your way. ECW had to be another WWE carnival sideshow instead of the different, unique brand it could have, and should have been. You saw where that got you. But that was Paul’s fault, yeah I know.

You can point the finger at everyone else, Vince. Sooner or later you’re going to have to take a look in that mirror and realize where the blame belongs, and maybe then you’ll be ready to step into the 21st century, and join the rest of us. As far as the new ECW goes, the clock is ticking. The death watch is on.

rustoffa
12-07-2006, 11:11 PM
There`s something about ECW that the WWE doesn`t (never has and never will) get.

Vince was apparently a huge fan of the early Bubba Ray stuttering gimmick. It's funny, because that's probably where the interest on a gimmick level died. Not too terribly long after that, interest on a corporate level took over. Time to watch the syndication numbers instead of the shows. In the meantime, gimmick-level interest was burgeoning in Japan. THOSE FANS? Yeah, professional wrestling purists of the highest regard were hypnotized by the ultraviolence in a bingo hall. They didn't get it either. Every fucking exploding death match FMW sent their way, just seemed to pale in comparison.

IMO, ECW should have died after the TNT deal. The resulting influx of cash ruined everything...who do you honestly think made the TNT deal happen?

HEATWAVE '99 should be made available to the general public in full digital glory, then placed in a time capsule. Very few people will "get" it now, or somewhere down the line.

Vinnie Velvet
12-08-2006, 10:47 AM
The new ECW will not last well into 2007.

bueno bob
12-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Why am I watching ECW on the SCI FI network, anyway?

:confused:

Well, that's when I do actually watch...

Vinnie Velvet
12-14-2006, 01:35 PM
What does everyone think of the whole "Voodoo Kin Mafia' angle in TNA???

That is, BG James (formerly Road Dogg) and Kip James (formerly Billy Gunn) have reunited as 'VKM' (a play on Vince's initials) and have been mocking DX and Vince repeatedly.

They call DX "Dumb to the Extreme" -- that is, they want HBK and HHH to stop (what they see as) bastardizing the legend THEY helped create.

:rolleyes: Yeah, okay. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a 'DX' before Dogg and Bad Ass came aboard.

Now they are issuing a 'millon dollar challenge' for a FIGHT with both HBK and HHH this Saturday.

How crazy is that??? TNA is building themselves a hole with this thing -- DX and Vince are not going to respond to this crap.

Is it really a personal thing??

Word has it that WWE tried to get Dogg and Bad Ass back into WWE and actually offered them a contract to rejoin DX.

And word has it they told Vince to shove it.

I don't know -- I thought TNA was smarter than this. This VKM thing is going to go nowhere.

Full Bug
12-14-2006, 10:45 PM
The general idea in itself isnt so bad, but why have two old has-beens like James and Gunn doing the angle? They should have picked someone else to do it, like maybe Cage and Jericho if they could talk him into it....

Vinnie Velvet
12-15-2006, 04:52 PM
The general idea in itself isnt so bad, but why have two old has-beens like James and Gunn doing the angle? They should have picked someone else to do it, like maybe Cage and Jericho if they could talk him into it....

Well, its the obvious "DX" connection with BG and Kip that has them in this angle.

Mr Badguy
12-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Looks like TNA are doing another old WCW manouvre.

Like when Bischoff challenged Vince to a fight and Goldberg calling out Austin.

It made WCW look like idiots and this will do the same to TNA.

Full Bug
01-07-2007, 03:01 PM
There is a website up with a bunch of WWE DVD's you can watch for free, just finished watching the Chris Benoit story, check it out....
http://www.club-tv.net.ms/

Full Bug
01-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Wrestler Bigelow passes away

The Pasco County Sheriff's Office has confirmed the death of Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow at the age of 45.

Bigelow, a major star in the 80s and 90s throughout the world, was found dead by his girlfriend at their place of residence in Hudson, Fla. when she woke up at 10 a.m. Police haven't been able to pinpoint the time of death nor a cause of death.

Bigelow had severe back problems stemming from his years in pro wrestling, and was involved in a bad motorcycle accident that nearly killed his girlfriend a few years ago.

At his peak, he was one of the top wrestlers in the world, including main eventing the 1995 Wrestlemania in Hartford, Ct. against NFL legend Lawrence Taylor.

He also headlined in WCW, ECW, New Japan Pro Wrestling and virtually everywhere else he appeared.

Mad_Mike
01-28-2007, 01:37 PM
This is the Royal Rumble this evening.
Who do you think will win? I bet on HBK or the Taker.

Mr Badguy
01-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Mad_Mike
This is the Royal Rumble this evening.
Who do you think will win? I bet on HBK or the Taker.

Hmm...

There are still a couple of "mystery" places...so if Hogan appears, expect him to win it.

Putting Hogan in WM23 main event somewhere will make it a bigger draw, with HHH out and Batista/Cena having no credible opponents.

The WWE uppercard is pretty thin these days.

Mr Badguy
01-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Well, well, Undertaker won at number 30.

Batista V Taker at WM23?

Looks like another 10 minute Smackdown! brand World Championship match.

Anonymous
01-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Batista's run as a champion is wearing pretty thin... The fact that Triple H and JBL have put him over so many times lent him a lot of credibility, but that seems to be working against him now... as it's getting harder and harder to find an opponent to him.

This thing with the undertaker proves it, I believe.

Mr Badguy
01-29-2007, 08:51 AM
How do you book Batista V Undertaker?

Both are seen as immovable objects and I can`t see Batista doing the "spooked by the Undertaker" style stuff.

Unless of course Batista drops the belt to Kennedy before then, but then you`ve got a weaker looking Kennedy V Undertaker match.

It could be a triple threat like last year.

The real question is: Will they end Takers WM streak or give him one last run with the belt?

SA ME WHO
01-29-2007, 11:29 PM

It could be a triple threat like last year.

The real question is: Will they end Takers WM streak or give him one last run with the belt?

I really hope they don't end his streak. (Though, I can see Vince doing it for a push for some guy.) I mean, don't give him another title run, but let him keep the streak alive. So few of those things, even though it's all fake, still remain. It'd be nice to see one still going strong when a guy's done.

Or heaven forbid, let him win AND get the title. (And then build some guys up so the guy doesn't need to be relied upon to carry the company/brand forever.)

Mr Badguy
01-30-2007, 06:13 AM
I agree that giving him the belt won`t do anything for Taker, he`s already the most over guy on the roster.

Maybe give him the belt for a month or so for a last run as a thank you from Vince for his loyalty.

I agree they should keep the streak going.

It`s onbe of the only stats there is in a "sport" with no stats.

It keeps people interested, like when Goldberg did it.

But then, we all know what happened to his streak...

Anonymous
01-30-2007, 07:37 AM
How do you book Batista V Undertaker?

Exactly. There's no more opponents fort Batista. And if he goes against Undertaker, there's two things that can happen:

One, he ends Taker's streak, thus pushing Batista to unparalleled heights which he will NOT be able to sustain, due to his lack of mic ability. This will definitely kill Batista, and it will be very hard for him to rise again, or I'm mistook.

Two, Taker wins the belt. This will probably be the best solution, as the Deadman can have one last title run and Batista will have much more options for a proper angle. As long as they don't give him the title right after.

Three, there may be a draw? It may drag the story a few months... but in the end, one of the above will have to happen.

I personally think Batista's days are numbered.

Anonymous
01-30-2007, 07:38 AM
But then, we all know what happened to his streak...

I don't. What?

Mr Badguy
01-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't. What?

That`s pretty much how Goldberg got over.

He would come out and demolish opponents, say nothing and head to the back.

A few weeks later WCW announcer Mike Tenay started making a big deal out of Goldberg`s winning streak during his matches.

This was turned into an angle that was going great until they started adding numbers to his streak for no reason, ie, one week he would be 55-0, the next he would be 66-0, numbers that made no sense.

With him going so over, Hogan agreed to drop the belt to him.

However, part of the deal was that Hogan would get to end the streak "when the time was right".

So Goldberg became the champ (on FREE TV!) and WCW was on fire.

Meanwhile, the top of the card guys at WCW started to get a bit pissed: here was a guy who was taking their spot.

So after much moaning and backstage politics, Kevin Nash cut a deal with Hogan that HE would end the streak.

So that`s what happened.

And it got the fans hot and Goldberg was never as big as he had been before.

I`m not saying that that`s what would happen to Taker, but he has had this "streak" going for a while (they been mentioning it as an angle since around WM12).

It would make no sense for him to lose it now, especially after facing HHH at WM17 (who could have ended it to get him over big at the time) and Randy Orton at XXI (whose legend killer gimmick would have got a huge lift out of it).

Also, the fans care about it. I hope Vince is smart enough to realize that.

bueno bob
01-30-2007, 04:23 PM
I agree...best option is to give Undertaker the belt, let him ride with it for about a month and drop it to put somebody else over...Taker's not going to be around for much longer, and he's done a LOT to carry the WWE brand over the years.

Letting Batista walk away with it, while snapping Taker's WM streak, isn't a very honorable way to cap the twilight of Taker's ring career.

Undertaker winning the belt is for the best, I think.

bueno bob
01-30-2007, 04:27 PM
On top of all that...I agree with the comparisons between Batista and Goldberg...

Batista's just another squash match specialist, and they all have limited sellability, anyway.

Ultimate Warrior...Goldberg...etc. Squash match specialists have a limited lifespan, and I'd imagine Batista will be no different.

Anonymous
01-30-2007, 06:34 PM
There may be a little diference between Batista and all those other guys.

I'd bet HHH will try to keep him going for as long as he possibly can without endangering his own career.

Vinnie Velvet
02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Undertaker will win the World Title against Batista, IMO.

Also, I'd say Cena loses the WWE Title to HBK.

Give it to the two superstars who were basically holding up the company in 1997 to win it all in 2007!

redblkwht
02-07-2007, 01:31 AM

Give it to the two superstars who were basically holding up the company in 1997 to win it all in 2007! Im thinking the same bro, what happened to the new giant?

Anonymous
02-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Give it to the two superstars who were basically holding up the company in 1997 to win it all in 2007!

That would be grate. Unfortuantely, I don't think it's very likely.

Big Troubles
02-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Here ya go:

Vince brings Umaga to Wrestlemania and begs Trump to find anyone that could take out the Samoan Bulldozer'..and Trump brings out Great Kahli, which is the PERECT person to turn face and a PERFECT way of doing it. People will want to pay big bucks to watch Vince get his head shaved. (and you know already that this is what will be the end result) So who better? It creates and accomplishes 2 major things, on a major stage with major media coverage.
Id probably throw Roddy Piper in there for a special outside ring enforcer to ensure civility between Vince and Trump, so the giants in the ring have a fair battle.

Big Troubles
02-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I miss the 90's, when they used to write backwards and give the fans at least some intrigue. Now it's written on the fly without any care or passion for what they want to be able to pull out of the vault in 25 years and be proud of it.

Mad_Mike
02-19-2007, 08:16 PM

Thinking exactly the same: HBK and Taker will win at Wrestlemania. :)

DLRdelight!
02-19-2007, 11:56 PM
cena has been champion for way too long. he is highly overated and i dont know why he is so popular. it is time for cena to lose the title and who better than hbk to take it from him. i wonder where dx would be right now if hunter never got injured

Mr Badguy
02-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
cena has been champion for way too long. he is highly overated and i dont know why he is so popular

That`s the point of keeping the belt on him: to get him more over.

That`s why Angle,HBK and Undertaker never really need belts, because they`re popular enough without them.

I don`t know where Cena will go if he does lose to HBK (which I don`t think will happen).

It would be better if they turned him heel as he gets plenty of heat already and a heel champ is good for business (Flair, NWO Hogan, HHH etc.).

Mr Badguy
02-20-2007, 07:32 AM
"Mr Perfect" Curt Henning will be inducted into the 2007 WWE Hall Of Fame.

It`s about time, I was always a big fan.

He was an amazing heel.

Hopefully a retrospective DVD will be on the way also.

Big Troubles
02-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Here ya go:

Vince brings Umaga to Wrestlemania and begs Trump to find anyone that could take out the Samoan Bulldozer'..and Trump brings out Great Kahli, which is the PERECT person to turn face and a PERFECT way of doing it. People will want to pay big bucks to watch Vince get his head shaved. (and you know already that this is what will be the end result) So who better? It creates and accomplishes 2 major things, on a major stage with major media coverage.
Id probably throw Roddy Piper in there for a special outside ring enforcer to ensure civility between Vince and Trump, so the giants in the ring have a fair battle.

So far Im half right. But last night when I watched it unfold, I had a weird Stone Cold vision of him coming back to fight and promote his movie...Problem is, Would they put Steve Austin in a ring, all rusty, with hard hitting 300lb guy?

DLRdelight!
02-20-2007, 07:43 PM
That`s the point of keeping the belt on him: to get him more over.

That`s why Angle,HBK and Undertaker never really need belts, because they`re popular enough without them.

I don`t know where Cena will go if he does lose to HBK (which I don`t think will happen).

It would be better if they turned him heel as he gets plenty of heat already and a heel champ is good for business (Flair, NWO Hogan, HHH etc.).
that is so true. never thought of it that way

Uga Buga
02-20-2007, 09:08 PM
So i was watching Hogan Knows Best and Hogan sign a 20 year deal with the wwe. So what i think will happen is that maybe... just maybe Trump will pick Hogan. Of course that might not be the best choose.

monkeythe
02-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Uga Buga
So i was watching Hogan Knows Best and Hogan sign a 20 year deal with the wwe. So what i think will happen is that maybe... just maybe Trump will pick Hogan. Of course that might not be the best choose.

Bret Hart signed a 20 year deal in 1996 and we all know how that one turned out.

Big Troubles
02-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Ugh... Umaga vs. Bobby Lashley with Austin as ref?

There goes my interest in Wrestlemania.

DLRdelight!
02-22-2007, 01:57 AM
so whyd austin leave anyways??

Mad_Mike
02-22-2007, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
so whyd austin leave anyways??
Because his neck is fucked up.
And i really think that HBK will be the next WWE champ, Cena has been champion for too long.

Big Troubles
02-25-2007, 02:08 PM
wrestling died a few years ago. Im trying to stay interested in it, but "they" (WWE/TNA) make it difficult, when they insult their audience 3 times a week.

How many PPV's a month?

How much money are they stealing from you?

Full Bug
02-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, the amount of PPV's is insane....

bueno bob
02-28-2007, 05:31 AM
I tried watching the Smackdown (I guess it was) that was filmed here in Portland recently, my daughter's friend went to it and she wanted me to record it...

Had the hardest time trying to even get into it, just found myself fast forwarding...the only highlight I could think of was seeing Piper and Dusty together in the ring, but the run-in...God, that was awful...that wasn't even a push for the younger generation, that was just pathetic and it really ruined what could have been a good bit to honor Dusty getting into the Hall of Fame.

Finally fell asleep during the main event and I never went back to watch the rest of it.

I think the problem is that the power is far too centralized. Vince basically owns everything now. The only thing to offer him any competition is TNA, and that's not much better by any stretch of imagination.

Personally, I think what should happen is that there needs to be less PPVs per month as mentioned; title reigns should be longer than a few weeks (meaning - they should be worth something again - not every damn televised event needs a title change to make it go over), and instead of having several different rosters to fill several different programs, the WWE talent roster should be divided up - one half stays with the WWE bracket (and the televised programs should be streamlined as well), and the other half?

Relaunch WCW.

New network, different cast of characters, new programs, reintroduce the old belts and hold tournaments of the old WWE talent and whatever other new talent they can bring into it, get a new roster of champions, start some new rivalries, etc. Vince can still own the whole show, but I think there should be at least some sort of 'competition' out there. As it stands, you have Vince, Jeff and the independent circuit - none of them are good sells on their own.

Some of the best wrestling memories I have came from the Monday Night Wars - new writers...new programs...I honestly think it'd work really well, actually.

Mr Badguy
02-28-2007, 06:37 AM
It`ll never happen.

By owning everything, Vince has killed the business.

He can`t bring in any more guys who can work from different territories because there aren`t any territories.

He`s trying to pump out ready made "superstars" from OVW, but you can`t teach a guy the experience of a few years on the road like the old days.

Also, there seems to be a lack of heels these days.

Cena V Michaels and Undertaker V Batista, two WRESTLEMANIA MAIN EVENTS, are both FACE V FACE.

How is that going to sell tickets?

bueno bob
02-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Used to be a time when face vs. face matches were interesting; problem with Cena vs. Michaels is that Cena needs the belt to help him get over (and even then it's a hard sell for the older audience); Shawn's career is almost over (seriously, how long would he hold it for, anyway? Long enough to hand it off to some other noob, not much longer).

Same for Batista vs. Taker. Batista has, I think, limited sellability (pretty much every wrestler I've ever heard asked on the subject says that the era of the big man squasher is pretty much over anyway), and Taker? His career is on it's last legs as well - no reason to give him the title other than to keep his WM streak unbroken and give him the chance to put somebody younger over with a belt run.

Maybe Kevin Nash is doing the booking for WWE these days...?

:p

Vinnie Velvet
02-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Used to be a time when face vs. face matches were interesting; problem with Cena vs. Michaels is that Cena needs the belt to help him get over (and even then it's a hard sell for the older audience); Shawn's career is almost over (seriously, how long would he hold it for, anyway? Long enough to hand it off to some other noob, not much longer).

Same for Batista vs. Taker. Batista has, I think, limited sellability (pretty much every wrestler I've ever heard asked on the subject says that the era of the big man squasher is pretty much over anyway), and Taker? His career is on it's last legs as well - no reason to give him the title other than to keep his WM streak unbroken and give him the chance to put somebody younger over with a belt run.

The way to get this Cene-HBK title match more interesting is to have Shawn turn heel.

Shawn is at his very best when he's a heel (he gave some of his best promos building up to his match with Hogan in Summerslam 05).

And I think WWE is beginning to play up on that.

On their website, they have a video segment called: Shawn Micheals - Friend or Foe? And it goes through the many times where Shawn has backstabbed his so-called friends by nailing them with Sweet Chin Music -- starting with the birth of the Heartbreak Kid when he sent Jannety into the glass during the Barber shop segment in 1992.

Full Bug
02-28-2007, 03:12 PM

God, dont even joke about such a thing....:D

DLRdelight!
02-28-2007, 03:25 PM
i cant stand smackdown. i alwys thought raw was better

Uga Buga
02-28-2007, 05:21 PM
If Vince chooses himself to be the Ref, it will just make it easier to shave his head clean

bueno bob
02-28-2007, 06:50 PM
On their website, they have a video segment called: Shawn Micheals - Friend or Foe? And it goes through the many times where Shawn has backstabbed his so-called friends by nailing them with Sweet Chin Music -- starting with the birth of the Heartbreak Kid when he sent Jannety into the glass during the Barber shop segment in 1992.

God, that was a nasty bit of business...I used to watch with my Mom back in the day, and she loved The Rockers - she saw that happen and I swear, she wanted to cry...lol...

Jennetty never fully recovered from that, did he?

SA ME WHO
03-01-2007, 12:10 AM
God, that was a nasty bit of business...I used to watch with my Mom back in the day, and she loved The Rockers - she saw that happen and I swear, she wanted to cry...lol...

Yeah, he's had a bit of trouble since then.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_janetty (Janetty info)

SA ME WHO
03-01-2007, 12:10 AM

Yeah, he's had a bit of trouble since then.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_janetty

Vinnie Velvet
03-02-2007, 09:05 AM

No, he hasn't.

And look what happened to Shawn in comparison.

I remember watching that one too, way back then. It was shocking. The Rockers were one of my fave tag teams, then of course HBK became my fave wrestler.

Mr Badguy
03-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Wow, Nick Bockwinkle for the Hall of fame.

That`s a surprise choice.

I thought Bob Backlund, Randy Savage, Ted Dibiase or Jim Duggan would be in before him.

Full Bug
03-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Bad News Allen dies suddenly

Former Olympic judo bronze medalist Allen Coage -- better known to wrestling fans as Bad News Allen and Bad News Brown -- has died suddenly. He was 63.

Coage died early Tuesday morning in Calgary at Foothills Hospital, having been rushed to the hospital, complaining of chest pains.

Three weeks ago, Coage underwent hip replacement surgery and had been making progress on his recovery. Monday night, he was home and complained of chest pains. He got to the hospital, where he died about 5:30 a.m. MT Tuesday morning.

The Brooklyn-born Coage represented the United States at the 1976 Montreal Olympics. He broke into professional wrestling through the New Japan Pro Wrestling organization, training in Japan and spending the first few years after there, where he wrestled as Buffalo Coage.

In the Calgary Stampede promotion, he was a star as Bad News Allen, having bloody feuds with the likes of The Dynamite Kid, Archie 'The Stomper' Gouldie, Bret Hart and others.

"Bad News Allen was one of those four or five wrestlers who I considered to be the hardest men in wrestling," Tom 'Dynamite Kid' Billington wrote in his autobiography. "He was definitely bad news. Don't get me wrong, he was a good friend, but once he got you in the ring, it was as if he didn't know you. I've had a lot of hard matches in my career, most of them in Japan, because that's how they like their wrestling, but the matches I had with Bad News were something else."

In the WWF of the late 1980s, he was known as Bad News Brown, and feuded with Bret Hart, Jake Roberts, Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper.

Coage often complained about his WWF run, which followed the closure of Stu Hart's Stampede Wrestling promotion. "I made a lot of money up here with Stu. He enjoyed me because I put asses in the seats," Coage recalled in July 2006, leading into a typical straightforward explanation on his WWF days. "They handcuffed me. They pretty much didn't let me do what I should have done.

"They really held me down ... you've got your head guys, and Randy [Savage] called all the shots, so he was the one. I figured the object is to make money, and if this guy can make some money for you, you let him go, let him do his thing. I guess there was a lot of jealousy there, or whatever. I don't know his reason or whatever, but he was the one because he called all the shots."

Jake Roberts recalled Bad News. "He was good, very good," said The Snake. Was Coage hard to work with "No, he was fucking easy." Even the judo stuff? "I had no problem at all working with him. We had a great time."

With his mean-looking face and a constant scowl, Coage delivered many memorable interviews. He is best known for slagging all the "beer-bellied sharecroppers" that watched Stampede, and his verbal duels with announcer Ed Whalen.

When Stampede Wrestling re-started on TV in 1999, Coage was tapped to be a colour commentator, alongside Mauro Ranallo.

He had been working the last number of years as a security guard at a mall; "Teenagers are a pain in the ass. You always have to run them off," Coage said. Apparently they didn't know who they were messing with. "It don’t matter to them, they're tough."

Coage is survived by his wife Helen and their children.

Matt White
03-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Tanx BUG.....

RIP Bad News.....

http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesStampede/badnews.jpg

Dan
03-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Quotes: "It's gonna be good news for me, and baaaad news for 19 other turkeys, cause I'm gonna prevail just like on the streets of Harlem."
"I don't need any friends, and I don't want any friends!"

He also referred to fans as "beer-bellied sharecroppers" and opponents as "spineless cockroaches".

RIP Bad News Brown.

Roth & Roll
03-07-2007, 01:30 AM
I just heard the news myself...real bummer. A true legend of the squared circle - anyone who saw his work in Stampede Wrestling knows what I'm talking about. His feuds with Bret Hart and the Dynamite Kid in back in Stampede really helped put them both on the map.

"There is no good news....only BAD NEWS!"

R.I.P.

bueno bob
03-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Damnit. He was always one of the best heels. Hell of a good mover too, considering his size. Definitely one of the greats.

Full Bug
03-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Considering he didnt get along with Vince, I wonder if that means he will never get in the Hall Of Fame....

Roth & Roll
03-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Considering he didnt get along with Vince, I wonder if that means he will never get in the Hall Of Fame....

The fact that Randy Savage isn't in pretty much answers your own question..

Vinnie Velvet
03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
RIP Bad News.

Full Bug
03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Did you guys hear that former ECW champ Mike Awesome died a few weeks ago as well? He killed himself....

Mike Awesome found dead

Former ECW World Champion Mike Awesome (real name Michael Alfonso), was found dead in his home on Saturday evening. He was 42 years old.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Awesome was found hanging in his home, found by friends, and suicide is suspected.

Awesome has been out of the wrestling spotlight since the acquisition of WCW by the WWE (then WWF). He worked a short program after the merger, but never attained the heights he had as a headliner in ECW and in All Japan.

On a major scale, Awesome was last seen beating Masato Tanaka at ECW's One Night Stand in 2005. Awesome pinned Tanaka on the floor of the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City after an Awesome Bomb through a table. The match had the fans chanting "This match rules."

On his website, StormWrestling.com, Lance Storm said that Tanaka-Awesome "stole the show" at the initial One Night stand. "I talked to Mike a lot that night and was very happy for him. He seemed really happy and content with his life. He talked about how he enjoyed pushing his daughter on the swing in their back yard," wrote Storm. "He would combine doing that with doing Hindu squats by doing a squat between each push. I also remember discovering that he had been happily married longer than I had, which is a rarity in this business."

Best known to fans for his time in ECW, where he feuded in a wild series of matches with Masato Tanaka over the ECW World title as the company debuted on TNN, Awesome jumped ship to WCW while still champion in April 2000. ECW honcho Paul Heyman threatened legal action for the departure, and an agreement was made that Awesome would return to drop the title to a wrestler of ECW's choosing.

That turned out to be former champion, and WWE employee, Tazz.

"We made history that night," Tazz told SLAM! Wrestling's Bob Kapur in August 2001. "Here you have a WWF wrestler wrestling a signed WCW wrestler on an ECW event for the ECW title. That's history, and I'm a part of that. And I'm happy I did it."

Tazz insisted that there wasn't any bad blood between him and Awesome. "I have no problem with Mike Awesome. I had a problem with the way he did business. And Mike knew I felt that way, a lot of guys felt that way about Mike. I think if Mike had to do it all over again, he'd do it different. People make mistakes in life, make wrong moves, and it's fine. But I personally never had heat with Mike. If the fans want to think that, that's fine, that's good for business. But there was never heat."

Awesome grew up in Tampa Bay, and attended King High School, where he would meet his future wife, Delisa Bowers. They married in 1991, and have two children, Casey and Carissa. After high school, he worked as an iron worker on numerous downtown Tampa highrises.

After 3 years in college, he began training as a pro wrestler under Steve Keirn. The 6-foot-6, 292-pound Awesome debuted in 1989.

"I watched professional wrestling as a teenager," Awesome said in Thom Loverro's book, The Rise and Fall of ECW. "I was always interested in it. My Dad's sister married Hulk Hogan's brother, and they produced a son who was about a year younger than me, my cousin Horace Hogan, who also wrestled and whose real name is Michael Bollea. He and I grew up together. Because his uncle, Hulk Hogan, became a popular wrestler while we were in high school, my cousin got interested in it. We talked about it, and it got me interested in it."

Coldwell Banker real estate salesman Michael Alfonso
On the Coldwell Banker real estate site, where Awesome sold real estate under his real name, he addressed his wrestling career in his biography: "I wrestled the majority of my 17 years in Japan, as 'The Gladiator'. I became emerced in the Japanese culture and even speak some of the language. I also wrestled in China, South Korea, Guam, Australia, Germany, England, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Canada and the United States. I feel blessed to have had such an exciting and successful career in wrestling. I did not employ the services of a business manager during my career. I handled and negotiated all contracts myself."

After years of establishing himself and developing a cult following in Japan's FMW promotion, Mike Awesome made a big impact on the American wrestling scene on September 19, 1999. Competing in the main event of ECW's Anarchy Rulz PPV from Chicago, Mike Awesome captured the ECW Heavyweight title, outlasting Taz and Masato Tanaka in a three way dance.

For Awesome, the victory was a vindication of sorts. He's long been ingnored by promoters in the U.S. In need of a new champion with credibility to replace the departing Taz, Heyman handpicked Awesome for the role of ECW World Champion.

Heyman, an astute follower of international wrestling, had been following Awesome's career in the Far East, first brought Awesome to ECW on February 5, 1994 when he wrestled J.T. Smith. Although Awesome had other matches with Sabu that year, the match with Smith will long be remembered for Awesome over the top rope dive onto Smith, nearly snapping his back into two over the guardrail. It was one of the most memorable high spots of the year.

Awesome competed primarily in Japan's FMW promotion under the name G The Gladiator. His longstanding feud with Masato Tanaka translated well for American audiences. The two had many bitter brawls, taking the level of Japanese garbage wrestling to new heights.

The ECW World title win was actually Awesome's second world title reign. On December 11, 1996, Awesome defeated Wing Kanemura for the FMW Indepependent World title, holding it nine months before dropping it to arch rival Masato Tanaka.

While ECW World champ, Awesome held the tag straps with Raven, from March 4, 2000 until March 12, 2000 at Living Dangerously. The tandem beat Tommy Dreamer and Tanaka and lost the belts to The Impact Players (Lance Storm and Justin Credible) in a three-way dance that also included Dreamer and Tanaka. Awesome retained the World title that night over Kid Kash.

Once he settled in with WCW for second stint (he was a masked jobber named The Pro and hailed from San Juan, Puerto Rico in 1989), he was part of The New Blood gang with Billy Kidman, Sean O'Haire, Chuck Palumbo and Shane Douglas. He also became "That '70s Guy" for a spell in a gimmick that included him driving an old-school bus and hosting a cheesy segment called "The Lavalamp Lounge." Other gimmicks in WCW had Awesome being billed as "The Career Killer" (after throwing Chris Kanyon off the top of a three-tiered cage) and "The Fat Chick Thriller" along with being part of the Team Canada contingent, even though he was from Florida.

On the final episode of Nitro in March 2001, WCW tag champs Palumbo and O'Haire topped Awesome and Storm.

In WWE (then still the WWF), Awesome won the Hardcore title in June 2001 from Rhyno after sneaking into the building and later was part of the WCW/ECW-WWF invasion storyline. At the Invasion pay-per-view, Edge and Christian beat Awesome and Storm.

In the spring of 2003, Awesome latched on with TNA and in his debut defeated Perry Saturn by disqualification when New Jack and The Sandman interfered. His stint in TNA, until One Night Stand, would be Awesome's swan song as he retired from professional wrestling, and took a year to earn his real estate license. He had been a sales associate for Coldwell Banker in the Tampa area.

Vinnie Velvet
03-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Did you guys hear that former ECW champ Mike Awesome died a few weeks ago as well? He killed himself....

Mike Awesome found dead

Former ECW World Champion Mike Awesome (real name Michael Alfonso), was found dead in his home on Saturday evening. He was 42 years old.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Awesome was found hanging in his home, found by friends, and suicide is suspected.

Awesome has been out of the wrestling spotlight since the acquisition of WCW by the WWE (then WWF). He worked a short program after the merger, but never attained the heights he had as a headliner in ECW and in All Japan.

On a major scale, Awesome was last seen beating Masato Tanaka at ECW's One Night Stand in 2005. Awesome pinned Tanaka on the floor of the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City after an Awesome Bomb through a table. The match had the fans chanting "This match rules."

On his website, StormWrestling.com, Lance Storm said that Tanaka-Awesome "stole the show" at the initial One Night stand. "I talked to Mike a lot that night and was very happy for him. He seemed really happy and content with his life. He talked about how he enjoyed pushing his daughter on the swing in their back yard," wrote Storm. "He would combine doing that with doing Hindu squats by doing a squat between each push. I also remember discovering that he had been happily married longer than I had, which is a rarity in this business."

Best known to fans for his time in ECW, where he feuded in a wild series of matches with Masato Tanaka over the ECW World title as the company debuted on TNN, Awesome jumped ship to WCW while still champion in April 2000. ECW honcho Paul Heyman threatened legal action for the departure, and an agreement was made that Awesome would return to drop the title to a wrestler of ECW's choosing.

That turned out to be former champion, and WWE employee, Tazz.

"We made history that night," Tazz told SLAM! Wrestling's Bob Kapur in August 2001. "Here you have a WWF wrestler wrestling a signed WCW wrestler on an ECW event for the ECW title. That's history, and I'm a part of that. And I'm happy I did it."

Tazz insisted that there wasn't any bad blood between him and Awesome. "I have no problem with Mike Awesome. I had a problem with the way he did business. And Mike knew I felt that way, a lot of guys felt that way about Mike. I think if Mike had to do it all over again, he'd do it different. People make mistakes in life, make wrong moves, and it's fine. But I personally never had heat with Mike. If the fans want to think that, that's fine, that's good for business. But there was never heat."

Awesome grew up in Tampa Bay, and attended King High School, where he would meet his future wife, Delisa Bowers. They married in 1991, and have two children, Casey and Carissa. After high school, he worked as an iron worker on numerous downtown Tampa highrises.

After 3 years in college, he began training as a pro wrestler under Steve Keirn. The 6-foot-6, 292-pound Awesome debuted in 1989.

"I watched professional wrestling as a teenager," Awesome said in Thom Loverro's book, The Rise and Fall of ECW. "I was always interested in it. My Dad's sister married Hulk Hogan's brother, and they produced a son who was about a year younger than me, my cousin Horace Hogan, who also wrestled and whose real name is Michael Bollea. He and I grew up together. Because his uncle, Hulk Hogan, became a popular wrestler while we were in high school, my cousin got interested in it. We talked about it, and it got me interested in it."

Coldwell Banker real estate salesman Michael Alfonso
On the Coldwell Banker real estate site, where Awesome sold real estate under his real name, he addressed his wrestling career in his biography: "I wrestled the majority of my 17 years in Japan, as 'The Gladiator'. I became emerced in the Japanese culture and even speak some of the language. I also wrestled in China, South Korea, Guam, Australia, Germany, England, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Canada and the United States. I feel blessed to have had such an exciting and successful career in wrestling. I did not employ the services of a business manager during my career. I handled and negotiated all contracts myself."

After years of establishing himself and developing a cult following in Japan's FMW promotion, Mike Awesome made a big impact on the American wrestling scene on September 19, 1999. Competing in the main event of ECW's Anarchy Rulz PPV from Chicago, Mike Awesome captured the ECW Heavyweight title, outlasting Taz and Masato Tanaka in a three way dance.

For Awesome, the victory was a vindication of sorts. He's long been ingnored by promoters in the U.S. In need of a new champion with credibility to replace the departing Taz, Heyman handpicked Awesome for the role of ECW World Champion.

Heyman, an astute follower of international wrestling, had been following Awesome's career in the Far East, first brought Awesome to ECW on February 5, 1994 when he wrestled J.T. Smith. Although Awesome had other matches with Sabu that year, the match with Smith will long be remembered for Awesome over the top rope dive onto Smith, nearly snapping his back into two over the guardrail. It was one of the most memorable high spots of the year.

Awesome competed primarily in Japan's FMW promotion under the name G The Gladiator. His longstanding feud with Masato Tanaka translated well for American audiences. The two had many bitter brawls, taking the level of Japanese garbage wrestling to new heights.

The ECW World title win was actually Awesome's second world title reign. On December 11, 1996, Awesome defeated Wing Kanemura for the FMW Indepependent World title, holding it nine months before dropping it to arch rival Masato Tanaka.

While ECW World champ, Awesome held the tag straps with Raven, from March 4, 2000 until March 12, 2000 at Living Dangerously. The tandem beat Tommy Dreamer and Tanaka and lost the belts to The Impact Players (Lance Storm and Justin Credible) in a three-way dance that also included Dreamer and Tanaka. Awesome retained the World title that night over Kid Kash.

Once he settled in with WCW for second stint (he was a masked jobber named The Pro and hailed from San Juan, Puerto Rico in 1989), he was part of The New Blood gang with Billy Kidman, Sean O'Haire, Chuck Palumbo and Shane Douglas. He also became "That '70s Guy" for a spell in a gimmick that included him driving an old-school bus and hosting a cheesy segment called "The Lavalamp Lounge." Other gimmicks in WCW had Awesome being billed as "The Career Killer" (after throwing Chris Kanyon off the top of a three-tiered cage) and "The Fat Chick Thriller" along with being part of the Team Canada contingent, even though he was from Florida.

On the final episode of Nitro in March 2001, WCW tag champs Palumbo and O'Haire topped Awesome and Storm.

In WWE (then still the WWF), Awesome won the Hardcore title in June 2001 from Rhyno after sneaking into the building and later was part of the WCW/ECW-WWF invasion storyline. At the Invasion pay-per-view, Edge and Christian beat Awesome and Storm.

In the spring of 2003, Awesome latched on with TNA and in his debut defeated Perry Saturn by disqualification when New Jack and The Sandman interfered. His stint in TNA, until One Night Stand, would be Awesome's swan song as he retired from professional wrestling, and took a year to earn his real estate license. He had been a sales associate for Coldwell Banker in the Tampa area.

Yeah.

Sad, very sad.

He must've been going through some serious shit -- no reason to end it all, but then we don't know why people commit suicide.

Full Bug
03-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Lance Storm wrote a few nice columms about him on his website....
http://www.stormwrestling.com/022007.html
http://www.stormwrestling.com/022107.html

bueno bob
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm actually kinda surprised...I always thought the whole Horace Hogan thing was just scripted and they weren't actually any relation...

Not that that relates to much of anything here, but...

Full Bug
03-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Its typical Hulk to get his buddies/family in there, he has done that since he made it big, doesnt matter if they have ZERO talent....

rustoffa
03-09-2007, 10:48 PM
And now, a few words from Roddy Piper.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/99fitG5XM4o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/99fitG5XM4o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

bueno bob
03-10-2007, 03:23 AM
Its typical Hulk to get his buddies/family in there, he has done that since he made it big, doesnt matter if they have ZERO talent....

Yeah...I wasn't impressed with Horace when he was part of the Raven's Nest (or whatever the hell it was called) in WCW...less impressed with his NWO run...

Is he still in the business or is he doing other things now?

Full Bug
03-10-2007, 10:27 AM
I dont think he is still around, no idea what he is doing....

SA ME WHO
03-10-2007, 12:40 PM
And now, a few words from Roddy Piper.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/99fitG5XM4o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/99fitG5XM4o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

It's a wonder why Vince got rid of mean Gene. He was such a good puppet, ending Hot Rod's interview before he was done ranting because of he didn't want Vince mad about an overrun on the time.

Boy, those were the days, listening to Piper's interviews. I never quite liked Piper as a bad guy, but I never hated him and always found him entertaining (even though we weren't necessarily supposed to think of him in a positive light). And he did blaze a trail for the first bad guy I ever liked, the mid-late 80's (4 Horsemen-era) Ric Flair.

rustoffa
03-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by SA ME WHO
Boy, those were the days, listening to Piper's interviews. I never quite liked Piper as a bad guy, but I never hated him and always found him entertaining (even though we weren't necessarily supposed to think of him in a positive light). And he did blaze a trail for the first bad guy I ever liked, the mid-late 80's (4 Horsemen-era) Ric Flair.

It's interesting, Piper initially made a name for himself as a goon/stretcher. The goon/stretcher role, in the old days, was reserved for the worst of the worst. Roddy Piper, Ted Allen, The Iron Sheik...all goons/stretchers of the highest regard. If memory serves me correctly, Piper and The Sheik(Iron) worked intermitently at Kowalski's school. Think ten straight minutes of rope running, followed with one of those fuckers trying to break your arm. Bobby Eaton is a well-respected booker, and 1/2 of arguably the GREATEST TAG TEAM IN HISTORY.(Midnight Express) He comments at length about Piper in a shoot interview he did awhile back. Just went on and on about how Roddy Piper would beat the fucking shit out of basically anyone.

It'll never be like that again.

Mr Badguy
03-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Mr Fuji makes the Hall Of Fame.

Rhodes
Mr Perfect
Bockwinkel
Lawler
Fuji

I think they need a big WWF star to liven the Hall Of Fame up a bit this year, no disrespect to any of the guys on the list.

Bockwinkel is AWA, Lawler did his best WWE work announcing, Perfect is dead, Rhodes is NWA/WCW and Fuji is a manager.

DiBiase, Savage, Jake Roberts would top the bill out that lot...hell, phone Jim Hellwig, even.

Matt White
03-13-2007, 01:42 PM
http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/wrestling-football-great-big-cat-ladd/20070313092309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Wrestling, Football Great 'Big Cat' Ladd Dies
WWF Hall of Famer Also Played for AFL Champ Teams

AP Sports
GRAMBLING, La. (March 13) - Ernie "Big Cat" Ladd, who played on championship professional football teams before finding more lucrative success in pro wrestling, has died. He was 68.

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/01/05/20070313123509990007Ernie 'Big Cat' Ladd played for the Chargers, Oilers and Chiefs of the AFL and is a member of the World Wrestling Federation Hall of Fame.

Ladd played in the America Football League and is a member of the World Wrestling Federation Hall of Fame. He died Saturday night after a long bout with cancer.

"It's a personal loss not just to our family, but to the whole community," said Eddie Robinson Jr., whose ailing father coached Ladd at Grambling State. "I was fortunate enough to be in high school when he was here, so my football heroes growing up were people like Ernie Ladd."

Ladd, who was almost 6-foot-10 and weighed over 300 pounds, was the 15th player taken in the 1961 AFL draft and played for the San Diego Chargers , Houston Oilers and Kansas City Chiefs .

Born Nov. 28, 1938, in Rayville, La., but raised in Orange, Texas, he had battled cancer - first in his colon, then later in his stomach and bones - since 2004.

"The doctor told me I had three-to-six months to live," Ladd said in 2005, then at the midway point in his nearly four-year battle with cancer. "I told him Dr. Jesus has the verdict on me."

While playing football, Ladd began making appearances at wrestling events at first as a special referee and later as a wrestler. Knee problems, and what at the time ended up being a more lucrative career as a wrestler, ended his football career.

"In what other sport can you pick up a $14 pair of boots, $0.59 socks - spend maybe a total of $50 - and convert it into $100,000 a year, if you are sharp and train?" Ladd asked. "My intention was to go back to football, but pro wrestling was so good to me."

Ladd was a defensive stalwart on Grambling's first Southwestern Athletic Conference championship football squad. He then helped San Diego win the 1963 AFL championship.

When Ladd completed his eight-year pro career, he had played in 112 consecutive AFL games. He played for the Chiefs when they reached the Super Bowl in 1967 and '70.

As big as he was, Ladd was known for his quickness, something that inspired his lifelong nickname.

Ladd's bad-guy story lines, not to mention signature moves that included the "guillotine drop" and a boot to the face, made him star in the WWF.

RIP BIG CAT:(

diamondD
03-13-2007, 05:08 PM
The Big Cat was one of the first wrestlers I can remember watching on Saturday mornings. He and Ray Candy were probably the first feuds I saw.

RIP Big Cat

redblkwht
03-15-2007, 01:30 AM
any ashley playboy pics fellas?
i just got to see those melons, free if possible ;)

bueno bob
03-15-2007, 02:28 AM
DiBiase, Savage, Jake Roberts would top the bill out that lot...hell, phone Jim Hellwig, even.

Nice thought, but I'm not convinced he deserves it...for a while, he was the hottest thing going, no doubt of that, but in the long run, I think Jim was just too fucking crazy to sustain himself...apparently he's the asshole of creation to work with, too, I can't think of a time I've heard anybody say anything nice about him...

On top of that, Warrior and McMahon fucking hate each others guts by all indications, so...I doubt seriously he'll ever get in...

DiBiase, Savage, and Roberts though...absolutely...all three...

bueno bob
03-15-2007, 02:34 AM
It's interesting, Piper initially made a name for himself as a goon/stretcher. The goon/stretcher role, in the old days, was reserved for the worst of the worst. Roddy Piper, Ted Allen, The Iron Sheik...all goons/stretchers of the highest regard. If memory serves me correctly, Piper and The Sheik(Iron) worked intermitently at Kowalski's school. Think ten straight minutes of rope running, followed with one of those fuckers trying to break your arm. Bobby Eaton is a well-respected booker, and 1/2 of arguably the GREATEST TAG TEAM IN HISTORY.(Midnight Express) He comments at length about Piper in a shoot interview he did awhile back. Just went on and on about how Roddy Piper would beat the fucking shit out of basically anyone.

It'll never be like that again.

Piper's a good cat. I worked with his daughter for a while, didn't really know her, basically by reputation. My wife's sister in law knows her alright, I guess - everybody always wants to meet her dad...lol...

Funny thing about that is, my brother in law ran into him here at a McD's or something in the mid to late 80's - Rod knew he'd been spotted and gave him every opportunity to come up and say something to him, but my brother in law was like 9 years old at the time and totally froze up...

Roddy's a true legend, no doubt.

Roth & Roll
03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Roddy Piper IS a good cat; one of the classier wrestlers that I have ever met. I met him back in 1991 at Caruso's Gym in Montreal which is where all the old WWF wrestlers used to train when they were in town for a show. He was on the treadmill and as I walked by I gave him a thumbs-up; and didn't think anything of it. About 15 minutes later I was doing squats and as I was facing the mirror; I saw Hot Rod standing behind me smiling. He asked me if I minded if we took turns on the Squat Rack and we got to talking for a good 15 minutes. Really down to earth guy; despite his wealth and fame. Basically just gave me some training tips and said he appreciated the fact that I didn't interupt him while he was on the treadmill to ask for an autograph like most fans do. He gave me the impression that he's a guy who really does enjoy interacting with the fans who respect him and doesn't have the ego you would expect from someone with his fame. A class act.

I wish him the best and hope he kicks cancer in the ass.

Get well soon Hot Rod!!

monkeythe
03-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht
any ashley playboy pics fellas?
i just got to see those melons, free if possible ;)

She posed several years ago. Just google her name and Playboy and the old shots are all over the net.

redblkwht
03-16-2007, 03:47 AM
man you guys are sleeping..lol

http://mawe.wordpress.com/2007/03/15/ashley-massaro-playboy-2007/

WOW

monkeythe
03-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, and Gregory Helms. Which one doesn't belong?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/03/19/wrestlers/index.html

Full Bug
03-20-2007, 01:06 PM
This is pretty funny, even I dont remember HHH as this character, lol....Its better just to click the link so you can see the pics....

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/newinduction1.html

WCW, Early 90's
Text by RD Reynolds

This may come as a shock to many of you reading this, but I don't hate Triple H.

Now granted...he's not one of my favorite performers. Nor do I ever look forward to his seemingly never ending promos. Sure, he's fine in the ring, and he's admittedly had some great matches over the years. But at the end of the day, I just view him as an overpushed, overhyped, overly bland guy that could vanish from my TV and never be seen again.

But I don't, in fact, hate him. In fact, I feel kind of sorry for him. After all, no matter how many great matches he has, no matter how much money he draws...people will always say that he only got into the position to do such things due to the fact that he's married to the boss' daughter. And while I have often harped on this very fact, even I have to admit that he did way more before he met Nipple H than anyone ever expected a guy named Terra Ryzin' to do.

What's that? You've never heard of Terra Ryzin? Eh, just hop over to Obsessed with Wrestling. I'm sure they'll have something on him.

What, no? That's weird. How about wwe.com? Bet they'd have something. Hmm, nothing there either.

Bizarre. You'd almost think someone had something to hide.

Oh yeah, that's right, someone does; arguably the stupidest ring name in wrestling history.

When Triple H was starting out in the wrestling business, he wasn't Triple H. He wasn't the Game, the King of Kings, the Cerebral Assassin, or whatever other wacky nickname du jour WWE has cooked up to sell more t-shirts. He wasn't Hunter Hearst Helmsley, American Blueblood, either. No, he was just plain ol' Paul Levesque, another indy guy amongst thousands looking to catch a break.

But he had one thing going for him: his mentor. Trained by the legendary Killer Kowalski, few could argue that Hunter was in a prime location to be discovered by the big leagues. Kowlaski had also taken a shine to the guy, and decided that he would personally come up with a great gimmick for his new apprentice.

Paul Levesque was dead. In his place was none other that Terra Ryzing!

Seriously, Terra Ryzin. Just try to say it aloud. Just try to say Now say, "Hailing from Hartford, Connecticut, weighing in at 250 pounds, TERRA RYZIN!" without laughing your fool head off.

We guess there's a reason that Kowalski was a trainer and not a BOOKER. That seriously has to be the single worst ring name in wrestling history.

But before we blast poor ol' Killer for being a total moron, we have to blame Trips a bit, too. After all, he didn't just use the name a few times while working indies in the the northeast...he used it all the way to his time in WCW!

Oh, and we'd blame WCW too, but that company made thousands of dumber mistakes than letting some doofus named Terra Ryzin on their shows. And to be fair, they actually changed his name following his first few appearances to Jean Paul Levesque, snooty French guy.

Full Bug
03-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Funniest shirt ever, you know it would get big bucks on E-Bay....:D
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/roostershirt.jpg

SA ME WHO
03-25-2007, 01:36 PM

That's classic!

(BTW, WTF is he supposed to be doing in that picture? I know this was in Vince's "cartoon character" phase, but jeez. That's bad!)

Full Bug
03-25-2007, 02:30 PM
I know what it looks like, but who knows? He is 'Poultry In Motion' ya know....

Fairwrning
03-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Does anybody actually think Trump will have to shave his head...no way.

Full Bug
03-25-2007, 09:31 PM
No, of course not, Vince would do pretty much anything if he thought it would increase PPV buys....

Mr Badguy
03-26-2007, 07:53 AM
What difference will it make any way?

If Trump gets his head shaved (which he won`t), you won`t see him in a ring again anyway.

Vince will appear with the bald head on the next night`s Raw then take himself off TV for a month, by which time it will have grown back.

Hair Vs Hair was only any good when it was two guys that had long hair involved and would look different without it.

HHH Vs Shawn Michaels for the bald head would get buys.

Anonymous
03-27-2007, 06:24 AM
This is pretty funny, even I dont remember HHH as this character, lol....Its better just to click the link so you can see the pics....

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/newinduction1.html

WCW, Early 90's
Text by RD Reynolds

This may come as a shock to many of you reading this, but I don't hate Triple H.

Now granted...he's not one of my favorite performers. Nor do I ever look forward to his seemingly never ending promos. Sure, he's fine in the ring, and he's admittedly had some great matches over the years. But at the end of the day, I just view him as an overpushed, overhyped, overly bland guy that could vanish from my TV and never be seen again.

But I don't, in fact, hate him. In fact, I feel kind of sorry for him. After all, no matter how many great matches he has, no matter how much money he draws...people will always say that he only got into the position to do such things due to the fact that he's married to the boss' daughter. And while I have often harped on this very fact, even I have to admit that he did way more before he met Nipple H than anyone ever expected a guy named Terra Ryzin' to do.

What's that? You've never heard of Terra Ryzin? Eh, just hop over to Obsessed with Wrestling. I'm sure they'll have something on him.

What, no? That's weird. How about wwe.com? Bet they'd have something. Hmm, nothing there either.

Bizarre. You'd almost think someone had something to hide.

Oh yeah, that's right, someone does; arguably the stupidest ring name in wrestling history.

When Triple H was starting out in the wrestling business, he wasn't Triple H. He wasn't the Game, the King of Kings, the Cerebral Assassin, or whatever other wacky nickname du jour WWE has cooked up to sell more t-shirts. He wasn't Hunter Hearst Helmsley, American Blueblood, either. No, he was just plain ol' Paul Levesque, another indy guy amongst thousands looking to catch a break.

But he had one thing going for him: his mentor. Trained by the legendary Killer Kowalski, few could argue that Hunter was in a prime location to be discovered by the big leagues. Kowlaski had also taken a shine to the guy, and decided that he would personally come up with a great gimmick for his new apprentice.

Paul Levesque was dead. In his place was none other that Terra Ryzing!

Seriously, Terra Ryzin. Just try to say it aloud. Just try to say Now say, "Hailing from Hartford, Connecticut, weighing in at 250 pounds, TERRA RYZIN!" without laughing your fool head off.

We guess there's a reason that Kowalski was a trainer and not a BOOKER. That seriously has to be the single worst ring name in wrestling history.

But before we blast poor ol' Killer for being a total moron, we have to blame Trips a bit, too. After all, he didn't just use the name a few times while working indies in the the northeast...he used it all the way to his time in WCW!

Oh, and we'd blame WCW too, but that company made thousands of dumber mistakes than letting some doofus named Terra Ryzin on their shows. And to be fair, they actually changed his name following his first few appearances to Jean Paul Levesque, snooty French guy.

:lol:

The "Nature Boy" hair do was even more ridiculous than the name. But this guy has some facts all wrong.

First, it wasn't Killer Kowalski who dubbed Paul "Terra Ryzing". Unbelievably, it was Paul himself. Kowalski wanted Paul to be called "Terrorizing". Paul thought it was stupid, but Kowalski took the refusal personally. So as not to hurt his trainer, Paul took the name, changed it a bit while keeping the sound and lo and behold - :rofl:

But he doesn't hide it either. Paul talks about it quite openly in his book.

Anonymous
03-27-2007, 06:27 AM
Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, and Gregory Helms. Which one doesn't belong?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/03/19/wrestlers/index.html

You know, I wish they WOULD stop taking that shit... I mean, what's the friggin' point? I may be speaking fer myself only, but I don't watch wrestling to look at muscled guys. I watch it fer the ENTERTAINMENT, fer the jokes and well rehearsed matches. I couldn't give a fuck if they're pumped up or fat - just as long as they make it believable.

Ban 'em all!

Anonymous
03-27-2007, 06:29 AM

"Poultry in Motion" may be one of the funniest things I've ever eead in my entire life.

I want one of those.

Full Bug
03-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Its funny, Terry Tayler was a good wrestler who was around for years, yet he will always be thought for the just 2 years of as the Poultry in Motion, lol....

SA ME WHO
04-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Anyone watch the 'Mania last Sunday night? (I hope this isn't a spoiler for anyone overseas or anywhere that gets the 'Mania late or something. DON'T READ ON then!)

Good matches? Bad matches? Favorite?

I liked the MITB winner, though, I thought it was somewhat unnecessary as he's already been a big name. Someone ELSE could have used the help getting over a lot more.

More shocked by 'Taker winning or Shawn not winning?

Dan
04-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Stone Cold Steve Austin was fucking Great again.

Cant wait to see his movie.

SA ME WHO
04-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Dan
Stone Cold Steve Austin was fucking Great again.

Cant wait to see his movie.

I think I may have been the only person in America to not jump on the Austin bandwagon. (Not saying all fans were jumpers, but saying I never got on board with everyone else about the guy.)

Just as I was never crazy about Hogan (other than when I was a kid an initially got into the game before WM II) and his "unbeatable" gimmick, I wasn't crazy about Austin and his "flip the bird/kick everyone's ass" gimmick. (Just as I can see why everyone hates Cena's guts. Though, to be honest, I kind of pull for the guy now. He's put in an unbeatable situation (they want him to be good, but book him in a way that everyone but the females/kiddies will hate him.) and still goes out there and does his job. The difference between his booking and that of Hogan and Austin is that everyone loved the other two.)

I love listening to Austin's interviews, he was pretty solid in the ring, from all I've read in different biographies he's a great backstage guy and will do whatever is asked, but he just never got over with me in terms of his schtick. I'd like a LITTLE reality in the product. Just because the end result is fake doesn't mean everything else about the product has to be.

Dan
04-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by SA ME WHO
I think I may have been the only person in America to not jump on the Austin bandwagon. (Not saying all fans were jumpers, but saying I never got on board with everyone else about the guy.)

Just as I was never crazy about Hogan (other than when I was a kid an initially got into the game before WM II) and his "unbeatable" gimmick, I wasn't crazy about Austin and his "flip the bird/kick everyone's ass" gimmick. (Just as I can see why everyone hates Cena's guts. Though, to be honest, I kind of pull for the guy now. He's put in an unbeatable situation (they want him to be good, but book him in a way that everyone but the females/kiddies will hate him.) and still goes out there and does his job. The difference between his booking and that of Hogan and Austin is that everyone loved the other two.)

I love listening to Austin's interviews, he was pretty solid in the ring, from all I've read in different biographies he's a great backstage guy and will do whatever is asked, but he just never got over with me in terms of his schtick. I'd like a LITTLE reality in the product. Just because the end result is fake doesn't mean everything else about the product has to be.

What? What? What?

He went from a Nobody in WCW to a Fucking huge Star in WWF/WWE.
3:16 was just the start for him.He took the rating through the roof.Great Asset to have in a Company.

Acting in Movies? Who knows.I will see when i the movie.

Full Bug
04-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Look for Carlito to be fired or sent to Heat anytime now for speaking his mind....
=================

Carlito not cool about missing 'Mania

Ottawa Sun

DETROIT - While many of WWE's superstars are trading punch for punch, kick for kick, headlock for headlock and table for table at Wrestlemania, Carlito will be backstage watching, unhappy to be on the sidelines.

"I'm out of Wrestlemania," he says. "Apparently, they had to make space for Kane vs. Khali and Melina vs. Ashley. How can I be at Wrestlemania? If I politic and kiss ass, I should make it.

"I'm not going to cry or be bitter, there's always next year ... and I don't want to get fired.

"But they're showing disrespect by not having Ric Flair at Wrestlemania and even more disrespect by not having Carlito there."

He doesn't like the role he's been given, that of a loveable fan favourite.

"I absolutely hate being a babyface more than anything else," he says.

rustoffa
04-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Spot the career-ending moves!
:eek:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxU4iYgcumQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxU4iYgcumQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SA ME WHO
04-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Dan
What? What? What?

He went from a Nobody in WCW to a Fucking huge Star in WWF/WWE.
3:16 was just the start for him.He took the rating through the roof.Great Asset to have in a Company.

Acting in Movies? Who knows.I will see when i the movie.

I loved Steve Austin in WCW! If they would have ridden that character as long as they could have, they might have had a shot (if for no other reason than there would have been no "Stone Cold"), but Bish probably would have turned him NWO too and driven him into the ground.... if he hadn't already done so years before.

Steve Austin, for the short time he was in, was great in ECW too. He lost to Mikey in his ECW title match, yet caused havoc and gave some great interviews.

I don't know why Vince tried to "Ringmaster" him on his entry to the WWE. Letting the reigns loose on Austin was the best decision Vince could have ever made. I loved the Austin-Bret Hart feud that ended with the double switch at WM 13. However, once he turned good, I just never was captivated with him again.

I loved his interviews, to be sure. He was good in the ring. I loved the matches. It was all the other stuff that I just couldn't support. Walking into a ring and stunning 5 people and nothing happened to him. If they want fans to believe in this fantasy world soap opera, there has to be some elements of reality in it. I just always found that aspect to be a bit too unbelievable (as I did with Hogan and do with Cena).

If we're to buy these other guys as credible, should they not win every once in a while (not only the match, but the in ring/interview stuff as well). I like Austin well enough in just about everything else. That one aspect just ruined him for me.

Full Bug
04-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Check out how old Demolition looks these days, especially Ax....

Demolition -- Bill Eadie (Ax) and Barry Darsow (Smash) at the "Meet The Legends" event on Sunday, April 1, 2007 in Windsor, Ontario at the Ciociaro Club.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/7demoltion.jpg

SA ME WHO
04-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Kinda cool to see what happens down the road. (Hell, at least they're both still alive! That's saying more than a lot of other wrestlers of that time.)

Bill Eadie was pretty old when he played Ax.

He was the Masked Superstar down in the southern territories (Georgia predominately, I think) in at least the late 70's, if not earlier. In the WWF, he was Super Machine before he was Ax.

Don't know a number, but I think he's getting up there (at least in comparison to other former wrestlers of that era).............I think he's maybe even older than Flair, and that's saying something!

Full Bug
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Looks like Disco Inferno should have called himself Gambling Inferno....

Disco Inferno arrested in Georgia gambling raid

Many more details are surfacing now regarding the story Georgia Wrestling History first reported this morning about last night’s raid on the home of Dan (earlier reported on WSB Radio by Richard Sangster this morning as Walter Tyree) and Angela (also being reported as Andrea) Tyre in Roswell, in what local law enforcement officials are calling the biggest bust of any kind they have made.

According to a woman who used to baby-sit for the couple, stated that he owns a car wash and that his wife is employed with a wine distributor. The couple has two children; one is two years old and the other is not yet one.

The source said the gatherings at the Tyre home initially began simply to watch Monday Night Football games, but it escalated from there, both in size and activity. She added that her and her husband had been invited at some point, but they had declined.

It is being reported that Dan Tyre, along with Glen ‘Disco Inferno’ Gilberti (though all sources have named Gilberti among those arrested, only some have named him as being a partner to Tyre in the oversight of the gaming), were running a gaming operation out of Tyre’s home. It has not been disclosed at this time whether the children were at the residence at the time of the raid, nor does it specify their age or relation to Tyre.

It appears surveillance had been conducted for up to six months, begun after complaints from neighbors in the area of constant traffic, and people coming and going from the home. A warrant was obtained on Monday and served upon the raid, whereas a SWAT team kicked in the door to enter the home around 10:30 PM last.

Upon entry, police discovered players sitting at three gaming tables in the basement of the home. Police were said to have been on the scene for about three hours.

Twenty-seven people, including Tyre, Gilberti, and two waitresses, who had been employed to serve the players, were immediately arrested and taken away from the home in three police vans.

More than twenty vehicles were impounded and searched, turning up a reported two handguns and a bag containing what was believed to be about two hundred pills. Initial reports say the pills were suspected as being ecstasy.

Police also seized approximately $45,000 in cash, playing cards, gaming tables, and poker chips, from the home. It is being reported that the games of Texas Hold ‘Em were taking place weekly.

Players were required to pay an entry fee of $10,000, upon receiving an invitation after registering online at an unspecified website to enter the games. Of the aforementioned impounded vehicles, lined up hundreds of feet along the street where the home is located, some had license plates as far away as Mississippi and North Carolina. There were also two men who were said to have come from Savannah and Macon.

Aside from Tyre and Gilberti, names have not been released, except for Ron Gibson, who spoke with Tom Regan of WSB TV. It was speculated earlier this morning that more names of note would be disclosed, but to this point, that has not been done. Regan also mentioned an unconfirmed report of a “nationally known poker star” being involved.

It appears the winnings and losses from the games were tallied on paper. A police spokesman called it a “safe game”, explaining why so little cash was found.

Three cars – a Mercedes, an Infiniti, and a Pontiac – were reported as not being impounded, and were still in the driveway of the home this morning. A Mercedes and a Cadillac SUV, believed to be those of the residents, were reported to still be parked in the garage of the home.

When a reporter approached the door mid-morning, a middle-aged woman is said to have answered, but shut the door when the reporter identified himself. It could not be determined if that was Mrs. Tyre, or whether she has been arrested for her association.

A report early this afternoon on WSB TV, as people began bonding out of the Roswell Detention Center, included a statement from Gibson, identified by the news source as a “defendant”, where he was quoted as saying the story and the allegations were being “blown out of proportion”, and that he is “blown away” by the situation.

Tyre and Gilberti (if he indeed is found to have been Tyre’s partner in running the operation) are expected to be charged with commercial gambling, which under Georgia law is punishable by one to five years in a state prison. It is believed the remainder of the arrestees will only be charged with misdemeanors.

rustoffa
04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Looks like Disco Inferno should have called himself Gambling Inferno....

Disco Inferno arrested in Georgia gambling raid

Many more details are surfacing now regarding the story Georgia Wrestling History first reported this morning about last night’s raid on the home of Dan (earlier reported on WSB Radio by Richard Sangster this morning as Walter Tyree) and Angela (also being reported as Andrea) Tyre in Roswell, in what local law enforcement officials are calling the biggest bust of any kind they have made.

According to a woman who used to baby-sit for the couple, stated that he owns a car wash and that his wife is employed with a wine distributor. The couple has two children; one is two years old and the other is not yet one.

The source said the gatherings at the Tyre home initially began simply to watch Monday Night Football games, but it escalated from there, both in size and activity. She added that her and her husband had been invited at some point, but they had declined.

It is being reported that Dan Tyre, along with Glen ‘Disco Inferno’ Gilberti (though all sources have named Gilberti among those arrested, only some have named him as being a partner to Tyre in the oversight of the gaming), were running a gaming operation out of Tyre’s home. It has not been disclosed at this time whether the children were at the residence at the time of the raid, nor does it specify their age or relation to Tyre.

It appears surveillance had been conducted for up to six months, begun after complaints from neighbors in the area of constant traffic, and people coming and going from the home. A warrant was obtained on Monday and served upon the raid, whereas a SWAT team kicked in the door to enter the home around 10:30 PM last.

Upon entry, police discovered players sitting at three gaming tables in the basement of the home. Police were said to have been on the scene for about three hours.

Twenty-seven people, including Tyre, Gilberti, and two waitresses, who had been employed to serve the players, were immediately arrested and taken away from the home in three police vans.

More than twenty vehicles were impounded and searched, turning up a reported two handguns and a bag containing what was believed to be about two hundred pills. Initial reports say the pills were suspected as being ecstasy.

Police also seized approximately $45,000 in cash, playing cards, gaming tables, and poker chips, from the home. It is being reported that the games of Texas Hold ‘Em were taking place weekly.

Players were required to pay an entry fee of $10,000, upon receiving an invitation after registering online at an unspecified website to enter the games. Of the aforementioned impounded vehicles, lined up hundreds of feet along the street where the home is located, some had license plates as far away as Mississippi and North Carolina. There were also two men who were said to have come from Savannah and Macon.

Aside from Tyre and Gilberti, names have not been released, except for Ron Gibson, who spoke with Tom Regan of WSB TV. It was speculated earlier this morning that more names of note would be disclosed, but to this point, that has not been done. Regan also mentioned an unconfirmed report of a “nationally known poker star” being involved.

It appears the winnings and losses from the games were tallied on paper. A police spokesman called it a “safe game”, explaining why so little cash was found.

Three cars – a Mercedes, an Infiniti, and a Pontiac – were reported as not being impounded, and were still in the driveway of the home this morning. A Mercedes and a Cadillac SUV, believed to be those of the residents, were reported to still be parked in the garage of the home.

When a reporter approached the door mid-morning, a middle-aged woman is said to have answered, but shut the door when the reporter identified himself. It could not be determined if that was Mrs. Tyre, or whether she has been arrested for her association.

A report early this afternoon on WSB TV, as people began bonding out of the Roswell Detention Center, included a statement from Gibson, identified by the news source as a “defendant”, where he was quoted as saying the story and the allegations were being “blown out of proportion”, and that he is “blown away” by the situation.

Tyre and Gilberti (if he indeed is found to have been Tyre’s partner in running the operation) are expected to be charged with commercial gambling, which under Georgia law is punishable by one to five years in a state prison. It is believed the remainder of the arrestees will only be charged with misdemeanors.

Unfuckingbelievable. When I heard that story on the news this morning, I immediately thought, "why in the fuck are they busting a poker game, when motherfuckers are slinging crackrock just across 285?" :rolleyes:

Way to go occifers...no BPV needed for that one!

This just in: Shooting at Lower Roswell Road cuntvienience store leaves 10 dead. Witnesses say the gunfire went on for an hour and a half!