flappo
03-21-2005, 04:27 PM
see , what i mean ?

NO ORIGINALITY

fuck , you sure owe ebaum royalties

Big Troubles
03-21-2005, 05:26 PM
:rolleyes:

hey I know, lets talk about wrestling in the WWE thread!

Warlord is rumored to be on Raw tonight. As well as Jannety signing a 1 year deal.

Full Bug
03-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Anyone know the answers to these?
1. Raw debuted in 1993 as a much-needed shot in the arm to the WWF. In what venue did Raw emanate from during its first several weeks on the air?

2. Just like Nitro had its resident bad broadcaster in Steve McMichael, Raw too had one. He was terrible in that he cracked jokes about WWF's top heels and stole all their heat. Who was that guy, who also doubles as a writer for Don Imus?

3. One of the best matches in the early years of Raw was Shawn Michaels' impromptu match with someone he knew very well. He took off his hood and revealed himself to a huge crowd pop, and then beat Shawn for the IC title. Who was this man?

4. Gorrilla Monsoon's most famous Raw appearance was as WWF commissioner. After an unpopular decision, Monsoon was squashed to near death by one of the largest world champions in wrestling history. Who brutally attacked Monsoon in this famous angle?

5. When Jim Cornette was mainly writing the TV, there was a big NWA invasion angle in '97 that largely flopped because the modern day WWF fans were clueless about wrestling history. Well, that was part of it. The other part was that the Rock n Roll Express were badly out of shape, and the other choices of talent were, well, questionable. Who made up the "New" Midnight Express?

6. Another classic Cornette moment, which was actually very idiotic but entertaining nonetheless, was when he went on a taped tirade against WCW and how Nash satirized the Horsemen. All that did was admit everyone was watching Nitro and no one was watching Raw, which was true. Cornette went on another tirade after Pillman died, this time targeting a well-known WWF critic in New York City. What newspaper journalist was the target of Cornette's tongue-lashing?

7. The big turning point for Raw (and WWF in general) was the legendary Austin-Tyson angle. Tyson's involvement was pricey, but well worth it, as it helped catapult Austin to greatness. Weeks later, Tyson and Shawn Michaels almost got into it in the ring. But they didn't fight. How did that Michaels-Tyson "match" end?

8. After the '94 Rumble, the WWF was left with 2 guys who both claimed they won and deserved a title shot at WrestleMania X at MSG. In order to pacify them, a coin toss was held live on Raw to determine who would get a bye at WrestleMania. At the time, WWF was hoping for a record 4.0 rating for the coin toss, which was so outrageous and shows just how bad things were. Which 2 wrestlers am I talking about?

9. Ric Flair was still on top during the early Raw days. WCW was calling him back and wanted him to return at SuperBrawl '93 (which he did). In return for getting a contract release, Flair had to lose a loser-leaves-WWF match live on Raw. In what was a very good match, Flair showed he was a true pro by really hussling, unlike most others who cry and whine when asked to job on their way out. Whom did Flair lose that match to?

10. One of the most famous Raw's in history was the tribute show following the death of Owen Hart. While some thought it was tasteless, I thoroughly enjoyed that show. The last guy to pay tribute to Owen was his real-life enemy, Steve Austin. Just before the show went off the air, how did Austin show his respect to Owen?

Full Bug
03-21-2005, 06:21 PM
1- I remember what the place looked like but cant remember the name
3- I'm guessing Marty Jennety
4- Yokozuna I think...
8- Bret Hart and Luger I think
9- Curt Henning
10- Toasted Owen with beer

Full Bug
03-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Warlord? Why would they bring him back? He sucked....

Big Troubles
03-21-2005, 06:25 PM
I dunno. My guess? Another "Legend Killer" moment? i dont know. But it's been reported on 1wrestling and the torch. I know, of all people eh? A good Legend to kill off for Orton to gain heel heat would be Hacksaw Jim Duggan, and do it in New York.

Big Troubles
03-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Anyone know the answers to these?
1. Raw debuted in 1993 as a much-needed shot in the arm to the WWF. In what venue did Raw emanate from during its first several weeks on the air?

2. Just like Nitro had its resident bad broadcaster in Steve McMichael, Raw too had one. He was terrible in that he cracked jokes about WWF's top heels and stole all their heat. Who was that guy, who also doubles as a writer for Don Imus?

3. One of the best matches in the early years of Raw was Shawn Michaels' impromptu match with someone he knew very well. He took off his hood and revealed himself to a huge crowd pop, and then beat Shawn for the IC title. Who was this man?

4. Gorrilla Monsoon's most famous Raw appearance was as WWF commissioner. After an unpopular decision, Monsoon was squashed to near death by one of the largest world champions in wrestling history. Who brutally attacked Monsoon in this famous angle?

5. When Jim Cornette was mainly writing the TV, there was a big NWA invasion angle in '97 that largely flopped because the modern day WWF fans were clueless about wrestling history. Well, that was part of it. The other part was that the Rock n Roll Express were badly out of shape, and the other choices of talent were, well, questionable. Who made up the "New" Midnight Express?

6. Another classic Cornette moment, which was actually very idiotic but entertaining nonetheless, was when he went on a taped tirade against WCW and how Nash satirized the Horsemen. All that did was admit everyone was watching Nitro and no one was watching Raw, which was true. Cornette went on another tirade after Pillman died, this time targeting a well-known WWF critic in New York City. What newspaper journalist was the target of Cornette's tongue-lashing?

7. The big turning point for Raw (and WWF in general) was the legendary Austin-Tyson angle. Tyson's involvement was pricey, but well worth it, as it helped catapult Austin to greatness. Weeks later, Tyson and Shawn Michaels almost got into it in the ring. But they didn't fight. How did that Michaels-Tyson "match" end?

8. After the '94 Rumble, the WWF was left with 2 guys who both claimed they won and deserved a title shot at WrestleMania X at MSG. In order to pacify them, a coin toss was held live on Raw to determine who would get a bye at WrestleMania. At the time, WWF was hoping for a record 4.0 rating for the coin toss, which was so outrageous and shows just how bad things were. Which 2 wrestlers am I talking about?

9. Ric Flair was still on top during the early Raw days. WCW was calling him back and wanted him to return at SuperBrawl '93 (which he did). In return for getting a contract release, Flair had to lose a loser-leaves-WWF match live on Raw. In what was a very good match, Flair showed he was a true pro by really hussling, unlike most others who cry and whine when asked to job on their way out. Whom did Flair lose that match to?

10. One of the most famous Raw's in history was the tribute show following the death of Owen Hart. While some thought it was tasteless, I thoroughly enjoyed that show. The last guy to pay tribute to Owen was his real-life enemy, Steve Austin. Just before the show went off the air, how did Austin show his respect to Owen?

Lets see. (cracking knuckles)

1. Manhatten Center
2 Ron Bartlett
3 damn...? Ken Shamrock? Marc mero? Mr Perfect?
4 vader
5 Bart Gunn Bob Holly? Sounds wrong. shit....
6 Phil Munchass-nick
7 Oooh... with tyson having his shirt ripped off revealing a Dx logo.
8 Lex and Bret
9 Perfecto
0 toasting owen with two steve-weisers.

rustoffa
03-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
That would be true if he would let some other guys get over.

Kinda like Flair did when he was on top fifteen years ago.

Although he always had the belt, he showed enough vulnerability to make you think that he might lose it on any given night.

HHH never does that.

He`s doing the exact same thing Hogan and Nash did at WCW.

If Batista beats him for the belt (which I think he will for the good of the WWE), he will only have it for about four weeks tops (when HHH will become 11 times world champ).

When was the last time that belt changed between two guys other than HHH?

I won't argue with any of that.

I was referring to his ring abilities.

He rarely misses a spot and more times than not, makes anyone he works with look better. He fell off for a bit after the quad tear, but has been back to full speed as of the last few months. Taz, Jericho, Benoit...all have cited him as the best in the biz.

I had very good seats last week, and the dude put on a clinic.

EVERYONE in the off-air tag match was exhausted, and it was basically a face-over as those matches usually are.

Guess who got the most punishment/work in that one? Bautista had the old rubber-legs going and Edge was sucking wind. HHH looked as good as he did in his earlier match and sold EVERYTHING.

Nash was always known as a master backstage manipulator as far back as "the clique" in the WWF which Hunter was a big part of. There's no doubt it had a lasting impact.

I totally agree on HHH needing to do more clean jobs and be a bit more willing to put others over.

Unlike Hogan and Nash, at least the fucker can go.

monkeythe
03-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Lets see. (cracking knuckles)

1. Manhatten Center
2 Ron Bartlett
3 damn...? Ken Shamrock? Marc mero? Mr Perfect?
4 vader
5 Bart Gunn Bob Holly? Sounds wrong. shit....
6 Phil Munchass-nick
7 Oooh... with tyson having his shirt ripped off revealing a Dx logo.
8 Lex and Bret
9 Perfecto
0 toasting owen with two steve-weisers.

Pretty good Big Trouble. You were right on #5.
The answer to #3 is MArty Jannetty

monkeythe
03-22-2005, 02:00 AM

When was the last time that belt changed between two guys other than HHH?

Benoit & Orton this summer

Mr Badguy
03-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by monkeythe
Benoit & Orton this summer

Yeah, and how long did Orton have it before he had to drop it to HHH?

About a month.

They should have had a longer feud with him and Benoit and had Evolution get a new tag team over as the tag team scene at WWE is currently a joke.

Mr Badguy
03-22-2005, 08:02 AM
I think Jannety getting a deal is good.

He did a solid job last week although he is another "old" guy.

How many times can they go to the well for former wrestlers?

Warlord?

Who`s next?

Mr Badguy
03-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Someone get Vince Jim Hellwig`s number!

Full Bug
03-22-2005, 09:43 AM

True he did a solid job, but do you think he will continue to do so? Anybody looks great when they are wrestling Kurt Angle....That said I think he will do alright, although I'm not really sure what they can do with him, who would he feud with? I have a feeling he will end up a regular on Sunday Night Heat....Look what happened with Curt Henning, they gave him a small push when he first came back in the Royale Rumble, then did nothing with him, and Henning IMO was way more talented then Marty....

Full Bug
03-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Someone get Vince Jim Hellwig`s number!
Hell no!:eek:

Mr Badguy
03-22-2005, 12:25 PM
True he did a solid job, but do you think he will continue to do so? Anybody looks great when they are wrestling Kurt Angle....That said I think he will do alright, although I'm not really sure what they can do with him, who would he feud with? I have a feeling he will end up a regular on Sunday Night Heat....Look what happened with Curt Henning, they gave him a small push when he first came back in the Royale Rumble, then did nothing with him, and Henning IMO was way more talented then Marty....

At least they didn`t make Kurt squash him, which is what I thought the angle was going to be.

Which show is he going to?

If they can sign someone Jannety`s age then there`s still hope for Sting.

And Hogan!

And anyone else who wrestled since 1985.

Full Bug
03-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Shannon Moore was in a car accident - Shannon Moore had been driving in a Hummer after attending the house show in Fayetteville. Shannon had been following Matt Hardy, who was in a corvette, when he decided to jump in front. A steel frame truck driven by a drunk, fairly high ranking sergeant in the US Army near Fort Bragg hit Shannon's hummer head on at over 50 MPH. Shannon's hummer was completely totaled and many feel it could have been that kind of vehicle that saved his life. It's considered very lucky that Matt was not in the lead when the accident took place as it could have been a fatal situation. Shannon was released from the hospital the following day but did suffer a concussion and whiplash.

Big Troubles
03-22-2005, 04:10 PM

How many times can they go to the well for former wrestlers?

Warlord?

Who`s next?

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_12448.shtml

apparently Warlord was on hand to do some video and photo work for WWE 24/7. So there is nothing to him actually wrestling. phew... Im happy for Jannety though.

Who's next? Easy.... Sting!

flappo
03-22-2005, 04:17 PM
you seem to know an awful lot aboot fat sweaty men in tights

monkeythe
03-23-2005, 09:04 PM
That would be true if he would let some other guys get over.

Kinda like Flair did when he was on top fifteen years ago.

Although he always had the belt, he showed enough vulnerability to make you think that he might lose it on any given night.

HHH is doing exactly what Flair did 15 years ago. HHH always is vulnerable to being beaten & when he loses it he regains it quickly.
Who did Flair ever put over in his glory decade? Everyone he beat lost it back really quickly. How long were the title reigns of Race, Dusty, Von Erich, Ron Garvin, Steamboat & Sting? Everyone he lost the belt to, he regained it back from in a few months mostly in clean finishes even though he was the bad guy.

He beat everyone into the ground to the point that when he left WCW as champ there was no one able to replace him at the top. And to make it worse, he took the title with him not caring how it affected the guys whose careers he shit all over. He couldn't even give anyone the rub on the way out the door.

I guess HHH is really following Flair's footsteps.

Full Bug
03-23-2005, 10:12 PM
And to make it worse, he took the title with him not caring how it affected the guys whose careers he shit all over. He couldn't even give anyone the rub on the way out the door.

Thats not how it went down, Flair had paid a 15,000 deposit type thing on the belt for reasons I cant recall this very moment, and WCW wouldnt give him back the money, so when they didnt he held onto the belt, wouldnt you?
Flair has been putting guys over most of his career, HHH buries almost everyone, his speech on Raw Monday is another example of that....

Triple H came out for one of the most telling interviews I have ever seen.
Wow, just wow. He said he is underappreciated, and talked about taking Randy
Orton and Batista from nothing and making them into stars. He talked about Orton being on top of the business, and said now Orton is groveling for the scraps of WrestleMania to make himself a star again. He said Batista could beat JBL and Cena together by himself, but instead he decided to stay on Raw. HHH continued by talking about how great he is, and said that someone else calling himself a Wrestling God is a joke. He then talked about Chris Benoit as another guy who fell to him. He said Batista will wrestle Kane in an anything goes heel lumberjack match. He called Batista an animal that bit
the hand that fed him, and said he will put the animal down.

This was a well delivered, if overlong promo. However, never in my life have I seen a promo where a top talent buried so many other people so completely, and so unnecessarily. He hit on completely true weaknesses of character after character, and just buried them to the fans. This was an eye-opening moment, as out of insecurity the man who is supposed to eventually be in charge of the promotion purposefully tried to bury all of his peers.

Big Troubles
03-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Thats not how it went down, Flair had paid a 15,000 deposit type thing on the belt for reasons I cant recall this very moment, and WCW wouldnt give him back the money, so when they didnt he held onto to belt, wouldnt you?
Flair has been putting guys over most of his career, HHH buries almost everyone, his speech on Raw Monday is another example of that....

Triple H came out for one of the most telling interviews I have ever seen.
Wow, just wow. He said he is underappreciated, and talked about taking Randy
Orton and Batista from nothing and making them into stars. He talked about Orton being on top of the business, and said now Orton is groveling for the scraps of WrestleMania to make himself a star again. He said Batista could beat JBL and Cena together by himself, but instead he decided to stay on Raw. HHH continued by talking about how great he is, and said that someone else calling himself a Wrestling God is a joke. He then talked about Chris Benoit as another guy who fell to him. He said Batista will wrestle Kane in an anything goes heel lumberjack match. He called Batista an animal that bit
the hand that fed him, and said he will put the animal down.

This was a well delivered, if overlong promo. However, never in my life have I seen a promo where a top talent buried so many other people so completely, and so unnecessarily. He hit on completely true weaknesses of character after character, and just buried them to the fans. This was an eye-opening moment, as out of insecurity the man who is supposed to eventually be in charge of the promotion purposefully tried to bury all of his peers.

It was a $25 000 bond on the belt. An insurance pay off for the NWA championship commitee. When Flair was offered a very low contract renewel with WCW/NWA, he talked to Vince and felt the WWF was a better choice. So Flair called, I believe it was, Jim Herd, and told him he was walking away, and would like to exchange the belt for the money deposit. Herd said fuck you, and Flair showed up with the belt on WWF tv. That was a great moment for me, cause I was a HUGE WWF fan at the time, but always loved Flair, Sting and Luger. So to see Flair on WWF tv, WITH the NWA title! Damn that was cool ass shit.

Full Bug
03-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanx for clearing that story up BT....Yeah, it was super cool when Flair showed up with the belt, that was a huge deal at the time....Remember how they fuzzed up the video of the belt on TV for awhile? Flair's performance in the one Royal Rumble was awesome, and Bobby Heenen's commentary was classic....

monkeythe
03-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Thats not how it went down, Flair had paid a 15,000 deposit type thing on the belt for reasons I cant recall this very moment, and WCW wouldnt give him back the money, so when they didnt he held onto the belt, wouldnt you?

Who did Flair ever put over when he had the power to (pre-Hogan WCW)? During his original WCW run, who won their final match against Flair? Sure he might have let a guy beat him occassionally (like HHH) but he made sure he had that belt back very quickly and he won those matches clean (except Rhodes who was probably a bigger egomaniac than Flair).

Part of the reason he was told to leave with the belt had to do with the fact that he refused to lose the title. He refused to lose the belt to Lugar at the GAB or Windham before the event, before the deposit issue was discussed.

When he left there were no stars in the federation because of Flair. Everyone on the roster was beaten by Flair & Flair left as champ. How were the wrestlers not supposed to be perceived as second tier wrestlers to Flair. The title only got prestige back when VAder won it because he hadn't been beaten by Flair.

I am certain that because of this incident and the affect it had on WCW's business, this is the reason Vince made sure Bret lost in Montreal.

As far as HHH's interviews insulting people, did you read Flair's book? It was a case of everyone sucks except HHH.

My point in all this is that HHH is just like Flair. The fact that Flair is worshipped while HHH is hated for doing the same things is very hypocritical.

Mr Badguy
03-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Who did Flair ever put over when he had the power to (pre-Hogan WCW)? During his original WCW run, who won their final match against Flair? Sure he might have let a guy beat him occassionally (like HHH) but he made sure he had that belt back very quickly and he won those matches clean (except Rhodes who was probably a bigger egomaniac than Flair).

Part of the reason he was told to leave with the belt had to do with the fact that he refused to lose the title. He refused to lose the belt to Lugar at the GAB or Windham before the event, before the deposit issue was discussed.

When he left there were no stars in the federation because of Flair. Everyone on the roster was beaten by Flair & Flair left as champ. How were the wrestlers not supposed to be perceived as second tier wrestlers to Flair. The title only got prestige back when VAder won it because he hadn't been beaten by Flair.

I am certain that because of this incident and the affect it had on WCW's business, this is the reason Vince made sure Bret lost in Montreal.

As far as HHH's interviews insulting people, did you read Flair's book? It was a case of everyone sucks except HHH.

My point in all this is that HHH is just like Flair. The fact that Flair is worshipped while HHH is hated for doing the same things is very hypocritical.

Flair got guys over by cutting heel promos so over-the-top that everybody bought tickets/PPVs to see any face he was up against beat him and then he sold big time for that face.

Also Flair was never married to the booker`s daughter.

Flair may have been involved in backstage politics but never as bad as HHH, Hogan or Nash.

Flair probably never awarded himself all those title runs, I can`t believe that HHH has nothing to do with his.

He also had to step into the void left by Sid Vicious when he was sacked for the fight with Arn Anderson to main event with Vader at Starcade.

And he had to dig WCW out of the Black Scorpion shit.

Also remember that Jim Herd also tried to change Flair`s gimmick, one of the most over gimmicks ever, before he went to WWF, something which WCW regularly made a hash of later in the 90`s, so you can`t blame Flair for being pissed and taking the belt when he didn`t get his money.

Full Bug
03-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Lex Luger's a real piece of work eh?

Former WCW Champion Lex Luger is being held at Gwinnet County Jail in Lawrenceville, Georgia. This is due to him being arrested two weeks ago for what is called "contempt of court" stemming from Luger's failure to maintain child support payments to his ex-wife.

Luger is also on probation stemming from a DUI arrest this past January. He has been out of the ring in recent months stemming from a back injury suffered while training.

Big Troubles
03-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanx for clearing that story up BT....Yeah, it was super cool when Flair showed up with the belt, that was a huge deal at the time....Remember how they fuzzed up the video of the belt on TV for awhile? Flair's performance in the one Royal Rumble was awesome, and Bobby Heenen's commentary was classic....

I seriously was addicted to the WWF at that time. LOL Hogan, Savage, Sid, Flair, Bret Hart, Michaels, Undertaker, Warrior and Piper!

That was a super roster! What happened?

Big Troubles
03-24-2005, 07:16 PM

well I think Flair will always be remembered because he reached that stature first. But yeah HHH is getting the wrong kind of heat right now. He needs a vacation or better yet, a vacation of say 6 months, and when he returns he's a face on Smackdown!. That's all it is right now. he's over kill.

RogueHorseman
03-24-2005, 07:33 PM
HHH is doing exactly what Flair did 15 years ago. HHH always is vulnerable to being beaten & when he loses it he regains it quickly.
Who did Flair ever put over in his glory decade? Everyone he beat lost it back really quickly. How long were the title reigns of Race, Dusty, Von Erich, Ron Garvin, Steamboat & Sting? Everyone he lost the belt to, he regained it back from in a few months mostly in clean finishes even though he was the bad guy.

He beat everyone into the ground to the point that when he left WCW as champ there was no one able to replace him at the top. And to make it worse, he took the title with him not caring how it affected the guys whose careers he shit all over. He couldn't even give anyone the rub on the way out the door.

I guess HHH is really following Flair's footsteps.

The difference is that Flair was legit over and put asses in seats like no one else at the time. The NWA promoters, and later Crockett, kept him on top for good reason -- HE MEANT MONEY.

Triple HGH? Please... Were he not hitched to Steph, his fifteen minutes would have been over long ago. He is not a legitimate draw, can't carry Flairs jock strap in comparison as a worker, and is about as compelling as Greg Gagne on the stick.

Politically smart, I guess so... but, he'd better hope and pray he never gets on her bad side.

RogueHorseman
03-24-2005, 07:45 PM

The deposit went back to the NWA days where the champion had to put up that cash as a sort of in-house insurance policy to insure they didn't start working their own programs, so-to-speak... Flair additionally had claim on the belt itself due to Crockett signing physical ownership of it over to him to make good on due payoffs a year or two before they sold to TBS.

The "distorted" bit WWF did (to good effect, making the best of a bad situation) stemed from TBS winning a court case where they were found to own the belt on Trademark and Intelectual Property grounds. They paid Ric the money due, with interest, and he FedEx'd big gold back to CNN Center. Flair had left WCW over a contract renewal dispute with Jim Herd, who wanted him to take a huge pay cut and "bow out" with a stupid gimmick makeover (as if) as he put over the whole crew. Herd was long gone when Flair returned to Atlanta less than two years later...

RogueHorseman
03-24-2005, 07:52 PM
It was a $25 000 bond on the belt. An insurance pay off for the NWA championship commitee. When Flair was offered a very low contract renewel with WCW/NWA, he talked to Vince and felt the WWF was a better choice. So Flair called, I believe it was, Jim Herd, and told him he was walking away, and would like to exchange the belt for the money deposit. Herd said fuck you, and Flair showed up with the belt on WWF tv. That was a great moment for me, cause I was a HUGE WWF fan at the time, but always loved Flair, Sting and Luger. So to see Flair on WWF tv, WITH the NWA title! Damn that was cool ass shit.

Sorry BT... didn't see your post!

It was a sureal moment seeing Bobby The Brain holding up Big Gold, wasn't it...

"Monsoon, comparing the man who holds this belt -- the Real Worlds Heavyweight Champion -- to that idiot Hulk Hogan is like comparing ice cream to horse manure."

RogueHorseman
03-24-2005, 07:56 PM
He refused to lose the belt to Lugar at the GAB or Windham before the event...

Flair had every intention of putting Windham, deservedly so, over as NWA World Champion.

Both will tell you themselves, that was the gameplan, before Herd botched everything anyway...

You are right about the title being hugely devalued until "Vader Time" kicked in.

Big Troubles
03-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Sorry BT... didn't see your post!

It was a sureal moment seeing Bobby The Brain holding up Big Gold, wasn't it...

"Monsoon, comparing the man who holds this belt -- the Real Worlds Heavyweight Champion -- to that idiot Hulk Hogan is like comparing ice cream to horse manure."

:D I hated Monsoon's remark about Flirs belt. I think it was during the Survivor Series, when Ric held the "distorted" (WWF TAG Title) belt in the air, Bobby said that's your real worlds champion, right there- and Monsoon said "we don't know where he got that belt, and he's not recognised as a champion". Fucking ouch! lol But I guess that was, the WWF never acknowledging any other wrestling co. at the time so..that was their "way out", if asked I guess?

Big Troubles
03-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Flair had every intention of putting Windham, deservedly so, over as NWA World Champion.

Both will tell you themselves, that was the gameplan, before Herd botched everything anyway...

You are right about the title being hugely devalued until "Vader Time" kicked in.

Vader in WCW kicked ass. Vader in WWF kissed ass. LOL There was a good brawl between Stan Hansen and Vader at one of the Clash's that was fucking great.

As a side note, I never really liked Windham as the world champ. He's a good chaser, as a heel, but not a good world's champ. IMO.

rustoffa
03-24-2005, 08:21 PM

Who did Flair ever put over in his glory decade?
He beat everyone into the ground to the point that when he left WCW as champ there was no one able to replace him at the top.

A really grate one was Shane Douglas.

Douglas left WCW and waged complete war against Flair publicly for holding him down. The thing got pretty ugly.

It culminated in Douglas throwing the NWA heavyweight belt in a trash can and ECW being born.

Flair was out of his mind over that belt being disrespected like that.

One good result of Flair's maniacal ego?

EC F'N W!!!!

RogueHorseman
03-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Vader in WCW kicked ass. Vader in WWF kissed ass. LOL There was a good brawl between Stan Hansen and Vader at one of the Clash's that was fucking great.

As a side note, I never really liked Windham as the world champ. He's a good chaser, as a heel, but not a good world's champ. IMO.

I dug Vader big time also. Leon was a bad ass, and worked stiff as hell back then. When he was later forced to put over the likes of Mark Henry is when I totally stopped caring anything much about the WWF...

I agree about Windham, too. He was best chasing, but was cut out of the classic mold of the great working NWA champs... he was like a cross of Brisco and Flair with Steamboat's smoothness tossed in for good measure... Windham could flat out GO in his day. Barry would have been a fantastic heel champ, guaranteed. One hell of a nice guy, to this day, as well. Smart as a whip, which some find suprising for some reason...

Big Troubles
03-24-2005, 10:15 PM
I have not seen him since his last run. Is he in any kind of ring shape? Something Vince or even TNA would look at?

Full Bug
03-24-2005, 11:10 PM

What, you didnt think Ron Simmons was a great world champ? :D

rustoffa
03-24-2005, 11:12 PM
I have not seen him since his last run. Is he in any kind of ring shape? Something Vince or even TNA would look at?

He was heavily involved in Dusty's TCW promotion here a few years back....he could still work a match.

:D

Full Bug
03-24-2005, 11:14 PM
I hate Dusty Rhoads.....

Mr Badguy
03-28-2005, 04:55 AM
I still can`t believe that anyone wouldn`t give Flair his due as the best heel, if not ever, then in the last twenty five years.

Alright, let`s all name the heels that draw good heat, past and present.

Are there any better than Flair?

Who really put bums on seats?

Off the top of my head:

Flair/The four horsemen

Andre the Giant

"Mr Perfect" Curt Henning

"Million dollar man" Ted DiBiase

The Undertaker

Big Van Vader

Kurt Angle

Those are just some I remember from watching, that`s why I don`t have any real old timers.

Big Troubles
03-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
He was heavily involved in Dusty's TCW promotion here a few years back....he could still work a match.

Hey that's neat. Something I did not know! Wonder if Barry is scheduled for a Hall of Fame in the next few years.

Speaking of... Any names to drop for next years Hall Of Fame?

I'll start off with

Randy & Lanny Poffo
Dusty Rhodes
Jake Roberts
King Kong Bundy
Steve Lombardi
Rick Martel
Ricky Steamboat
Ted Dibiase
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Honky Tonk Man

any more?

Big Troubles
03-28-2005, 07:12 PM
I still can`t believe that anyone wouldn`t give Flair his due as the best heel, if not ever, then in the last twenty five years.

Are there any better than Flair?

Who really put bums on seats?

Off the top of my head:

Flair/The four horsemen

Andre the Giant

"Mr Perfect" Curt Henning

"Million dollar man" Ted DiBiase

The Undertaker

Big Van Vader

Kurt Angle

Those are just some I remember from watching, that`s why I don`t have any real old timers.

Ivan Koloff (was a GREAT heel)
Nick Bockwinkle
Roddy Piper
Paul Orndorff
Stan Hansen
Randy Savage
Shawn Michaels
Superstar Billy Graham

Big Troubles
03-28-2005, 07:13 PM
But yeah, Flair will remain one of the best heels in the business.

rustoffa
03-28-2005, 08:29 PM

The early days of the NWO were pretty interesting, as it was a monster heel stable, yet drew heat as well as BIGTIME favor from the fans.

Scott Hall is VASTLY underrated as a singles wrestler and my nomination for the greatest Intercontinental Champ ever.

His pronlems with booze will keep him out of discussions of all-time greats and it's a shame. Too many examples to mention, but the ladder match with HBK is in my top ten matches list.

The early days of "The Outsiders" were fantastic. They just decimated everyone. Hall's prodding of the "Big Slow" and Zybisco were heelarious. The finishing tandem of the jacknife powerbomb and outsider's/razor's edge was devastating.

Ah, the good ol' days.

Fairwrning
03-28-2005, 08:43 PM
The early days of the NWO were pretty interesting, as it was a monster heel stable, yet drew heat as well as BIGTIME favor from the fans.

Scott Hall is VASTLY underrated as a singles wrestler and my nomination for the greatest Intercontinental Champ ever.

His pronlems with booze will keep him out of discussions of all-time greats and it's a shame. Too many examples to mention, but the ladder match with HBK is in my top ten matches list.

The early days of "The Outsiders" were fantastic. They just decimated everyone. Hall's prodding of the "Big Slow" and Zybisco were heelarious. The finishing tandem of the jacknife powerbomb and outsider's/razor's edge was devastating.

Ah, the good ol' days.

These guys were excellent heels..when Hogan went bad, the ring was so covered with trash ..hell..you couldn't SEE the ring!!
The single greatest bit in history to me was when they did the bit as the 4 horseman..X-pac was Flair..Nash was Arn Anderson..can't remember who Hall was..but that shit was FUNNY!!

rustoffa
03-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by fairwrning
These guys were excellent heels..when Hogan went bad, the ring was so covered with trash ..hell..you couldn't SEE the ring!!
The single greatest bit in history to me was when they did the bit as the 4 horseman..X-pac was Flair..Nash was Arn Anderson..can't remember who Hall was..but that shit was FUNNY!!

AHAHAHA!!!

They were callin' him "Uncle Arn"!

The bald-cap was killin' me!

I gotta find a clip of that....

Full Bug
03-28-2005, 09:23 PM

Speaking of... Any names to drop for next years Hall Of Fame?
I'll start off with

Randy & Lanny Poffo
Dusty Rhodes
Jake Roberts
King Kong Bundy
Steve Lombardi
Rick Martel
Ricky Steamboat
Ted Dibiase
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Honky Tonk Man

any more?
Lanny Poffo? Thats a good one....:D Hacksaw wont and shouldnt get in IMO....Steve Lombardi?:confused:

Full Bug
03-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Last week's quiz answers:

-The very first Raw was held at the Manhattan Center in NYC.

-The bad WWF commentator was Rob Bartlett

-The guy who beat HBK for the IC title in an impromptu match was new WWE signee Marty Jannetty. That was a **** match, by the way.

-Gorilla Monsoon was brutally attached by Vader.

-The "New" Midnight Express in WWF was made up of Bob Holly and Bart Gunn.

-Phil Muschnick was the journalist whom Jim Cornette went off on.

-The Michaels-Tyson "match" ended when they pulled of Tyson’s shirt to reveal a "DX" shirt. You know, one of those swerves to make you think he was partial to one side, ala Jesse Ventura at SummerSlam ’88. Well, you can’t say that Tyson angle didn’t work.

-Bret Hart and Lex Luger did the coin toss deal on Raw, following the controversy at Rumble ’94.

-Ric Flair lost to Curt Hennig on Raw in January of 1993, which was his final WWF TV match until he came back after WCW folded.

-Steve Austin honored Owen Hart by opening a beer can and toasting him.

Full Bug
03-28-2005, 09:27 PM
New quiz....

1. Sean Waltman was one of the first "small" people in this country to get a cruiserweight push. What major TV promotion did Waltman debut with on ESPN, and what was his ring name back then?

2. He was never a major name, but this muscular death-metal dude is one of the few cruiserweights to make a splash in ECW, WCW, WWE, and NWA TNA. Who is he? (Hint: He and Waltman were frequent opponents on the indie scene before both made it big.)

3. The unquestioned master of cruiserweights was the original Tiger Mask. In 1981, he and Dynamite Kid set the standard for in-ring action. Only you hardcores will get this, but name the first 3 wrestlers to be marketed as Tiger Mask (Hint: Each guy had his first name initial as the same as his last name initial. For example, HH for Hulk Hogan and BB for Bastion Booger.)

4. What a year Jushin Liger had in 1991. After a string of hot matches in New Japan, he toured WCW and gave nice X-mas presents to everyone when he and Brian Pillman had killer house show matches in December that were the best matches this country had seen in years. Most people think his first WCW PPV was that incredible match with Pillman at SuperBrawl '92, but it was actually Starrcade '91 in the BattleBowl: The Lethal Lottery. The reason most people forgot it is that Liger was wasted in a useless match with people who had a fraction of his talent. What wrestler, who is actually a legend in many circles today, teamed with Liger that night at Starrcade?

5. WCW also aired a match between Jushin Liger and Chris Benoit in 1991 on their Saturday TBS show (but was taped in Japan). Chris Benoit had a stint in WCW in '92-'93 that saw him wasted in the prelims. And you people wonder why Dusty Rhodes sucks as a booker? Benoit's debut in WCW was on a live Clash of the Champions in Milwaukee in early '93 (technically he debuted in the NWA tag title tourney at the Clash in '92, but that was a 1-time appearance with Beef Wellington and not a full-time gig). His work was so good that, even though he was supposed to be a heel, the smart fans in the front rows gave him a standing ovation. His opponent that night was someone else almost as talented as Benoit, and equally as wasted in the prelims. Who wrestled that great match with Benoit that night?

6. Which of the following was NOT a contender in the WCW cruiserweight division?

A. Jushin Liger

B. Ultimo Dragon

C. Magnum Tokyo

D. Psicosis

E. Great Sasuke

F. Brad Armstrong

G. Scotty Flamingo aka Raven

H. Dean Malenko

7. Speaking of Ultimo Dragon, what ring name was his ring name before he was Ultimo Dragon?

8. Also a contender for the cruiserweight title, this guy gave Brian Pillman a Hell of a match at WrestleWar '92. He was also voted "WCW's Sexiest Wrestler" by WCW in 1991 (it was Ric Flair's wife's idea, but no one is supposed to know that). Who am I talking about?

9. In New Japan, Chris Benoit was known as the Pegasus Kid. Then he was renamed to Wild Pegasus. When Eddy Guerrero was in New Japan, what was his ring name?

10. Owen Hart was yet another quality opponent for Jushin Liger in New Japan. Owen finally graduated to main event status in the WWF in the early 90s. At what PPV event did Owen officially turn on brother Bret (after which he gave a fairly poor promo ("I kicked your leg from under your leg") that made management want to give him a manager like Cornette)?

Full Bug
03-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Damm, these are getting harder...
1- GWF Lightning Kid
4- The Great Muta?
5- Brad Armstrong?
I need to ponder these for awhile...

rustoffa
03-28-2005, 10:10 PM
1. Heartland? I'm sure it had Kid in it.

2. Raven?

6. Jushin Liger

This is one helluva quiz.

Hayabusa is my wildcard!

Full Bug
03-28-2005, 10:36 PM

Hayabusa is my wildcard!
King Slender is mine....:D

Fairwrning
03-28-2005, 10:41 PM
AHAHAHA!!!

They were callin' him "Uncle Arn"!

The bald-cap was killin' me!

I gotta find a clip of that....

kept telling him he couldn't have any of his beer...funny
X-pac kept goin 'whooo..whooo"..i don't even know why im doin it..Whoooo"...crying....
too damn funny!!

Full Bug
03-28-2005, 10:42 PM
I think #10 was Royale Rumble 94....

monkeythe
03-29-2005, 01:48 AM
New quiz....

1. Sean Waltman was one of the first "small" people in this country to get a cruiserweight push. What major TV promotion did Waltman debut with on ESPN, and what was his ring name back then?

2. He was never a major name, but this muscular death-metal dude is one of the few cruiserweights to make a splash in ECW, WCW, WWE, and NWA TNA. Who is he? (Hint: He and Waltman were frequent opponents on the indie scene before both made it big.)

3. The unquestioned master of cruiserweights was the original Tiger Mask. In 1981, he and Dynamite Kid set the standard for in-ring action. Only you hardcores will get this, but name the first 3 wrestlers to be marketed as Tiger Mask (Hint: Each guy had his first name initial as the same as his last name initial. For example, HH for Hulk Hogan and BB for Bastion Booger.)

4. What a year Jushin Liger had in 1991. After a string of hot matches in New Japan, he toured WCW and gave nice X-mas presents to everyone when he and Brian Pillman had killer house show matches in December that were the best matches this country had seen in years. Most people think his first WCW PPV was that incredible match with Pillman at SuperBrawl '92, but it was actually Starrcade '91 in the BattleBowl: The Lethal Lottery. The reason most people forgot it is that Liger was wasted in a useless match with people who had a fraction of his talent. What wrestler, who is actually a legend in many circles today, teamed with Liger that night at Starrcade?

5. WCW also aired a match between Jushin Liger and Chris Benoit in 1991 on their Saturday TBS show (but was taped in Japan). Chris Benoit had a stint in WCW in '92-'93 that saw him wasted in the prelims. And you people wonder why Dusty Rhodes sucks as a booker? Benoit's debut in WCW was on a live Clash of the Champions in Milwaukee in early '93 (technically he debuted in the NWA tag title tourney at the Clash in '92, but that was a 1-time appearance with Beef Wellington and not a full-time gig). His work was so good that, even though he was supposed to be a heel, the smart fans in the front rows gave him a standing ovation. His opponent that night was someone else almost as talented as Benoit, and equally as wasted in the prelims. Who wrestled that great match with Benoit that night?

6. Which of the following was NOT a contender in the WCW cruiserweight division?

A. Jushin Liger

B. Ultimo Dragon

C. Magnum Tokyo

D. Psicosis

E. Great Sasuke

F. Brad Armstrong

G. Scotty Flamingo aka Raven

H. Dean Malenko

7. Speaking of Ultimo Dragon, what ring name was his ring name before he was Ultimo Dragon?

8. Also a contender for the cruiserweight title, this guy gave Brian Pillman a Hell of a match at WrestleWar '92. He was also voted "WCW's Sexiest Wrestler" by WCW in 1991 (it was Ric Flair's wife's idea, but no one is supposed to know that). Who am I talking about?

9. In New Japan, Chris Benoit was known as the Pegasus Kid. Then he was renamed to Wild Pegasus. When Eddy Guerrero was in New Japan, what was his ring name?

10. Owen Hart was yet another quality opponent for Jushin Liger in New Japan. Owen finally graduated to main event status in the WWF in the early 90s. At what PPV event did Owen officially turn on brother Bret (after which he gave a fairly poor promo ("I kicked your leg from under your leg") that made management want to give him a manager like Cornette)?

Tough one but I think I have them all:
1 - Global Wrestling Federation, Lightning Kid
2 - Heavy Metal
3 - Satoro Sayama, Mitsuharu Misawa, Koji Kanemoto
4 - Bill Kazmeir (does Metrx strongman contest announcing on ESPN)
5 - Brad Armstrong
6 - This is a BS question. Most of these people competed when it was the lightheavyweight division & Magnum Tokyo was known as Tokyo Magnum in WCW. The only one that wasn't in WCW was Great Sasuke. He was on Raw fighting Taka Michonoku & might have been one of Kaientai trying to choppy choppy pee pee off Val Venus
7 - Yoshihiro Asai
8 - Tom Zenk aka Z-Man
9 - Black Tiger
10 - Royal Rumble 94

Full Bug
03-29-2005, 10:42 AM
The reason Hulk Hogan wont be wrestling at Wrestlemania this year....

Full Bug
03-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Coming soon to a theater near you....

Full Bug
03-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Loves those 70's shows....

Big Troubles
03-29-2005, 04:48 PM
You dont think Duggan deserves a shot in Hall Of Fame? And that was a no on Lombardi? I only said Lombardi because he's been in the business for 30 years. The mans a trooper.

Full Bug
03-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Maybe Lombardi can be enter the Hall as the Brooklin Brawler, didnt Heenan manage him for a short time? If your gonna induct guys like that where do you draw the line? Who's next, S.D. Jones? Not saying I dont respect the job he did, he deserves respect, but no way does he deserve to be in the Hall IMO....Same goes for Lanny Poffo....I HATE Hacksaw, so I guess I cant be objective on that one....

rustoffa
03-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Coming soon to a theater near you....

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=453365

:lol:

Mr Badguy
03-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Here`s what I think:

Ted DiBiase
LOD
Curt Henning
Bret Hart
The British Bulldogs
Haku

Full Bug
03-30-2005, 12:48 PM
What about Owen Hart? I wonder if they would do it, and if Bret would show up to induct him? Hmmmm.....

Mr Badguy
03-30-2005, 03:45 PM
What about Owen Hart? I wonder if they would do it, and if Bret would show up to induct him? Hmmmm.....

That would have to be done tastefully, given the circumstances of his death and Vince and WWE don`t have a great track record for doing anything "tastefully".

Big Troubles
03-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Maybe Lombardi can be enter the Hall as the Brooklin Brawler, didnt Heenan manage him for a short time? If your gonna induct guys like that where do you draw the line? Who's next, S.D. Jones? Not saying I dont respect the job he did, he deserves respect, but no way does he deserve to be in the Hall IMO....Same goes for Lanny Poffo....I HATE Hacksaw, so I guess I cant be objective on that one....

Steve Lombardi would be inducted as Steve Lombardi. Not only did he start out wrestling as Steve L. but then later became, as you mentioned, Brooklyn Brawler then Abe Knuckleball Swartz and MVP. Currently working as an agent and match finisher with Arn Anderson, I think credit goes to Steve based on his loyalty to Vince Sr and Jr. Hey, Pete Rose made it in.

SD Jones. :D No way.

L.O.D I believe should be in there soon. yeah maybe not Lanny Poffo. But Randy for sure. Whats the grudge Vince has against him? Does that still date back to 1994? Thats crazy resentment. Mr Fuji should be in too.

Big Troubles
03-30-2005, 04:03 PM

I love that idea. Let's hope this can happen.

Full Bug
03-30-2005, 10:37 PM
I love that idea. Let's hope this can happen.
One thing you could be sure of, Martha Hart would never show up, only maybe to kick Vince's ass, ever read her book about Owen?
Yeah, Mr.Fugi should be in there, along with Savage, I dont even remember why Vince would be holding a grudge against him....

rustoffa
03-30-2005, 10:45 PM
HBK is probably the only guy in history that should get inducted while still active.

Then have him job in cuntroversial fashion @ Wrestlemania.
:rolleyes: :D

rustoffa
03-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Speaking of which, any of y'all gettin' it?

Some huge sports bar here is hosting it for free..... I'm still debating the drive home v/s I'm already @ home drinky factor.

Full Bug
03-31-2005, 09:57 PM
I might go to a bar to check it out, no way I am paying over 40 bucks all said and done with taxes..If not I will get it somehow.....
When I miss a PPV I sometimes listen to this wrestling radio show after the show, actually I have been listening to this show for years, if you have never listened check it out, Sundays at 11:00 pm, always gives me the goods on if it was crap or not....
http://www.liveaudiowrestling.com

Full Bug
03-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey Rustoffa, why arent you a key member at DDLR.com, you would fit like a glove over there....

rustoffa
03-31-2005, 10:35 PM
Hey Rustoffa, why arent you a key member at DDLR.com, you would fit like a glove over there....

I hold DDLR.com in the highest regard.

I try like hell to post over there when I'm not getting my ass kicked over here.

You remember that PW Torch real audio they had a few years back?

Thanks for the hookup on that stream.

HHH will retain!

Full Bug
03-31-2005, 10:46 PM
I hold DDLR.com in the highest regard.
I try like hell to post over there when I'm not getting my ass kicked over here.
You remember that PW Torch real audio they had a few years back?
Thanks for the hookup on that stream.
HHH will retain!
No, but then again I dont remeber much...:D
I say its a fair trade, Army gets Flappo, we get Rust, seems fair dont it?;)
We need a kick ass member to deal with Lou now.....(jk):D

Full Bug
03-31-2005, 10:47 PM

HHH will retain!
Would you like to make a bet on that? Winner gets sent a pair of WWE tickets to the next event near us....:p

Big Troubles
04-01-2005, 02:11 PM
One thing you could be sure of, Martha Hart would never show up, only maybe to kick Vince's ass, ever read her book about Owen?
Yeah, Mr.Fugi should be in there, along with Savage, I dont even remember why Vince would be holding a grudge against him....

Savage left in 94 for WcW and that's all I know. petty grudges Im sure.

HHH to retain Rustoffa? Fuck no!

it looks like this thread and main are the only threads left viewing IMO.Looks like Im heading to ddlr.com and tvhf.com for awhile.

what are your thoughts on Pipers Pit and Austin? Any scrap between them? or is it just an "in" for Mohamad Hassan?

Full Bug
04-01-2005, 05:18 PM
As far as the Piper thing goes, not sure, who knows, lets hope its good...I could see Austin or Piper kicking Mahamod's ass, not surprising if it happens there...

Big Troubles
04-01-2005, 05:24 PM
I could also invision an angle between Steve Austin and Hogan coming out of this Pipers Pit too. Is that just wishful thinking? Picture Austin doing the usual interview, Piper talking about how Austin out sold any past superstar...blah blah blah...Then que Hogans music and the challenge is issued. would be cool. Problem with that is, Vince would have promoted a Steve A./Hoagn face off in Pipers Pit for publicity.

Big Troubles
04-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Daniel puder is also gone from WWE. His bio is down and it doesn't look like he's reporting to Kentucky. There a development group in Georgia, so maybe he's going there. I thought he looked good and was ready for a push. A good Ken Shamrock gimmick is what WWE needs right now. And Puder IS a fighter.

rustoffa
04-01-2005, 11:28 PM
What about the "Flair Factor"?

Do you guys think The Nature Boy will have any bearing on the outcome of HHH retaining?

Ol' Ric sure appears to be acting nutty lately....

monkeythe
04-01-2005, 11:32 PM

He was in the mental asylum a few years back, maybe its a relapse or maybe he is paranoid because Hogan is coming back.

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 12:02 AM

Do you guys think The Nature Boy will have any bearing on the outcome of HHH retaining?

No, because big Dave is gonna finish the PPV winning the belt....
You really think HHH is gonna retain? Nah, he will get the belt back at Summerslam or maybe before if he feels like it....

Big Troubles
04-02-2005, 12:36 AM
What about the "Flair Factor"?

I see Batista winning the title based on Flair fucking something up on behalf of HHH. Then HHH could feud with Flair for a few months, giving Flair a good send off and putting HHH over. (even more)

This gives Batista a chance to feud with a new face. Someone else can step up to challenge for the big belt.

In the end, I would still like to see Flair retire wrestling a series of matches with someone custom built for a Flair feud. HHH or HBK.

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 12:52 AM
A shame Bret Hart is out, him and Flair would make for some great matches....Or maybe not, those two dont exactly get along....

rustoffa
04-02-2005, 12:52 AM
I see Batista winning the title based on Flair fucking something up on behalf of HHH. Then HHH could feud with Flair for a few months, giving Flair a good send off and putting HHH over. (even more)

This gives Batista a chance to feud with a new face. Someone else can step up to challenge for the big belt.

In the end, I would still like to see Flair retire wrestling a series of matches with someone custom built for a Flair feud. HHH or HBK.

Yep,
Wrestlemania is a harbinger of stuff to come and rarely "final".

Maybe Flair isn't the "only" one with an axe or whatever to grind.

Theories abound!

rustoffa
04-02-2005, 12:57 AM
A shame Bret Hart is out, him and Flair would make for some great matches....Or maybe not, those two dont exactly get along....

They had a lackluster feud when Bret showed up in WCW.

LACKFUCKINGLUSTER.

Arrgh, then the whole Hart/NWO cuntroversy....trainwreck.

Big Troubles
04-02-2005, 11:00 AM
yeah WcW fucked up Bret vs everyone just nicely. Apparently the cause was Hogan. political as usual.

There will be some turns at wrestlemania. Lita for one, will turn on Christy Hemme. Id like to see Flair turn, but it more likely will be a face turn for HHH. I just dont see HHH's heel persona lasting past Wrestlemania.

any other turns?

id like to see Hurricane lose the stupid superhero gimmick and ressurect the Sugar Shane Helms one. Maybe a turn on Rosie?

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 11:29 AM

id like to see Hurricane lose the stupid superhero gimmick and ressurect the Sugar Shane Helms one. Maybe a turn on Rosie?
They teased that once but nothing ever came from it....
HHH as babyface? Cant see that happening....

Big Troubles
04-02-2005, 12:11 PM
well Flair as a face does make sense, but he's so much better as a heel. Id like to see a HHH vs Flair feud though. Id also like to see Piper return to a semi full time position, as well as another run with Hogan. Just tv stuff for the older guys, No major travel. Think it'll happen? Vince needs veterans to put over some of these young guys so they can get a good rub and run with the ball.

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Going toe to toe with Ric Flair

RALEIGH, N.C. -- To be The Man, you've got to beat The Man ... or at least hang out with him for more than an hour right in the heart of Flair Country. The Dirtiest Player in the Game. Slick Ric. The Nature Boy. Naitch.

The bleach-blond-haired legend slides into a seat beside me in the RBC Center. North Carolina. The state where he's gained so much notoriety. So many memories.

Now 56, Flair is still stylin' and profilin'. He's still the limousine-ridin', jet-flyin', kiss-stealin', wheelin'-dealin' son-of-a-gun. Armani suits, sequined robes worth thousands of dollars. Struttin' down the aisle.

But, for the moment, he's sitting back in his chair, offering a glimpse at what it's like to walk in his shoes.

"To be Ric Flair, The Nature Boy, to be the character is hard to describe, hard to put into words," says Richard Morgan Fliehr. "It's been outrageous, a tremendous time.

"For about 20 years of my life, Ric Flair was the same inside and outside of the ring. I lived that life. I loved that life. Every day. I couldn't get enough.

"I think I'm wrestling's Jesse James. About half the stories you hear are probably true.

"I had fun. There were no drugs, nothing illegal. I just wanted to be part of the party."

Flair is humble, not like the character who is so at home with a microphone, with catchphrases like: "Ric Flair is just like space mountain, it might be the oldest ride in the park, but it still has the longest line."

Outside of the RBC Center, Mike Clark stands beside his black stretch limo. He's been a driver for Flair.

"He's larger than life. He's Ric Flair. Very flamboyant," says Clark. "Some superstars get so full of themselves, but Ric has never been anything but a gentleman."

A gentleman who has changed his lifestyle. He's toned down the nightlife. He may no longer be The Man, but other wrestlers still put him on a pedestal.

"I grew up watching Ric and even to this day I think he's the best there has ever been," says Flair's Evolution mate Triple H.

Flair insists he's a changed man. Part Nature Boy. Part Ric Flair.

"I was so full of myself, so full of the business," says Flair. "I didn't take time to slow down and look at some of the important things in life. I was so wrapped up in the moment.

"Ultimately, I was selfish. I wasn't mature enough. In my eyes, family is the most important thing in life, but I don't think it was for me. I was out of control ... My only regrets are for the people I hurt. I was so wrapped up in my career, I sacrificed family and I wish I could have that back. But you can only say that so many times. At the end of the day, we're all close.

"Part of it is I just got older. I couldn't stay out all night. To be that character is awesome, but I've got four beautiful kids -- (David, Reid, Ashley and Megan) and a 10-month-old granddaughter (Morgan Lee). I've always been pretty affectionate with kids and I love her to death."

Flair was born in Memphis, Tenn. on Feb. 25, 1949, adopted through the Tennessee Children's Home Society, stolen from his birth parents and put into an adoption black market. Conflicting documents say he was born Fred Phillips, Fred Demaree or Fred Stewart. He was raised by the Fliehrs -- Dick, a gynecologist and Kay, a theatre writer. And he grew up a wrestling fan, admiring AWA stars like Verne Gagne, Bobo Brazil and The Crusher. He was Mad Dog Vachon's paperboy.

The Nature Boy persona started emerging long before he put on the wrestling trunks. In his book, To Be The Man, he says he started having sex at the age of 14.

A chance meeting with Ken Patera kickstarted his wrestling career. He began in the Minnesota area, but relocated to Charlotte, N.C. in 1974. And the legend began. He won his first NWA title in 1981. It wouldn't be the last he'd strap across his waist. He's a 16-time, yep, 16-time world champ.

And he'd be a central figure in the Four Horsemen, along with Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson and Tully Blanchard ... then later with Barry Windham replacing Ole. The Four Horsemen are the greatest faction in wrestling lore. Four larger than life figures who lived large.

"Night after night we drew a phenomenal amount of money," says Flair. "Every night in an arena, we'd get beat, but we could draw.

And while Flair says he has no stroke in WWE's creative department, he wouldn't mind a Four Horsemen reunion of sorts.

"It would have to be Kurt Angle, Hunter (Triple H), Shawn Michaels and myself.The four best talkers they have."

And now he sits in Raleigh. Weighing and measuring his career, putting his life in perspective and talking about others who stake their claim among wrestling's giants.

"Bret Hart never drew a dime," says Flair. "He's taken the opportunity to knock everyone. But how can you knock a business that's made you $7 million? Bret's got a cult following, but he's losing that. Losing that because he just goes on and on. It's funny (that he knocks me) because I'm the only guy that would put him over.

"Hulk Hogan? The Hulk Hogan thing was great. He worked hard at being Hulk Hogan. I always said the difference between me and Hogan was I said yes and he said no. (Hogan wouldn't put anybody over). I'll concede the fact that Hogan was a bigger star than me.

"But in terms of overall product, he'd wrestle a five-minute match and be back at the hotel by 9. I'd wrestle for an hour ... and I'd give it everything I had.

'A LIAR'

"Eric Bischoff? He was a liar. And that's why I beat him up. I was the one guy who punched him, but there was a line of 20 guys who wanted to do it."

"Mick Foley? He can fall off a roof, but he can't wrestle. He can entertain doing something that's insanity, not wrestling.

"The biggest problem I have with guys like Foley and Hart is they're their own biggest fans."

There have been some slumps in Flair's career, too. Times when he wondered why he was still putting his limbs on the line.

"I lost a huge amount of self-confidence and a lot of self-respect in about 1997," says Flair. "I never thought I'd come back to work after WCW closed down.

"The company had been an embarrassment for two, almost three years. They let the inmates run the asylum and it was destined to fail.

"They tried to retire me. They were saying, 'He's 39 and he's too old.' I got my hair cut and they wanted to put an earring on me."

Then when he got hired by WWE, he had more doubts.

"Wrestlemania in Toronto. I was operating at about 50%," he says. "The Undertaker carried me through the match. I was afraid I was going to fail. I had never woken up wondering whether somebody was a better wrestler than me."

Flair is having fun again. He's confident in himself, confident that he's become a better person. And confident of his role. Confidence that probably coincided with the intervention of his buddy, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, the villainous Triple H, who invited him to join Evolution, with up-and-comers Randy Orton and Batista. He's stylin' and profilin' again. Once again knowing his role.

"When we were coming in here on the flight the captain came on and said we had just flown over Atlanta, we were heading over Savannah, then going over Columbia. I turned to Shawn Michaels and said: 'Why can't the guy say we've just entered Flair Country?' "

---

"Wooooooo! When there was such a thing as the NHL, Flair's voice boomed over the RBC Center's sound system each time the Hurricanes scored a goal. And for some Hurricanes fans, that may be the best reason to end the current NHL-NHLPA stalemate.

---

Wooooooo! The chant grows with each knife edge chop Flair delivers in the ring. As a heel, he does everything he can to get the fans to hate him. But as he absorbs several body shots and does a face plant into the mat, the fans laugh. The Nature Boy is at it again. An entertainer. A crowd pleaser. An icon.

"I've been to the nuthouse, I've had a heart attack on TV, I've been buried alive in the desert and I've played musical chairs," says Flair. "There's not much I haven't done.

"I can still be very good at this, I just need to keep my head straight. Whether it's 30 years or tomorrow (that I quit), the fans know that, whether there are 200 or 20,000 watching, I've given them my best performance."

And for that we're thankful, Naitch.

UP CLOSE WITH THE NATURE BOY

- Drink: Red wine

- Beer: Miller Lite

- Favourite Movies: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Men of Honor, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Shane, Top Gun

- Favourite Music: Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Guns N Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Barry White, Bruce Springsteen

- Hobby: Fishing

- TV: Sports Centre

- Fact: At a charity golf auction, Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish paid $27,000 for one of Ric Flair's robes and title belts

- Admission: "I don't know how to turn a computer on."

- Best feuds: Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Sting, Wahoo McDaniel

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 05:11 PM
"Mick Foley? He can fall off a roof, but he can't wrestle. He can entertain doing something that's insanity, not wrestling.
"The biggest problem I have with guys like Foley and Hart is they're their own biggest fans."

Bullshit....

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 05:12 PM
"Bret Hart never drew a dime," says Flair. "He's taken the opportunity to knock everyone. But how can you knock a business that's made you $7 million? Bret's got a cult following, but he's losing that. Losing that because he just goes on and on. It's funny (that he knocks me) because I'm the only guy that would put him over. "

More bullshit, a shame he says crap like that...

Big Troubles
04-02-2005, 05:32 PM

Bullshit....

I like both Mick and Bret, but I do agree with Flair somewhat, that they are their biggest fans. Bret was a huge mark for himself. Even positioning himself in a contract bid between the big two. Michaels and Taker have gone on record as saying that Bret's only downfall was protecting his own legacy. That got in the way of doing business. Like the montreal job. Bret was asked to lose the world title and he says NO? That's crazy. Other than that, I love the guy. I wish he'd come back and show some of these guys how to carry themselves in the ring. He'd be a great role model in the locker room nowadays.

As for Foley... well, we do what we are best at. Foley was great at taking bumps. He took them better than anyone I ever seen. he put over everyone. He respects the business, and was smart enough to retire from full time duty before he looked like...well...Flair. ;) Flair did say that Foley put asses in seats. But Flair is right, when push comes to shove, if Foley was asked to put on a clinic match, he wouldn't be able to pull of 20 mins of constant action. Not without falling off a cage or through some tables.

I dunno. I partly agree and disagree with Flair. Whooo! :D

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Dont forget the Hall Of Fame show is on tonite at 11:00pm....
I wish they would show the whole thing, instead it promises to be a Hulk Hogan love fest....

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Hear about Flair punching Foley awhile back? Would love to see those two go at it, using their real life dislike for each other as a angle.....

rustoffa
04-02-2005, 08:05 PM
"Bret Hart never drew a dime," says Flair. "He's taken the opportunity to knock everyone. But how can you knock a business that's made you $7 million? Bret's got a cult following, but he's losing that. Losing that because he just goes on and on. It's funny (that he knocks me) because I'm the only guy that would put him over. "

More bullshit, a shame he says crap like that...

Read that book, there's tons more bashing.:D

What channel is that HOF thing on?

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Spike TV....

Fairwrning
04-02-2005, 08:50 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here...there's another name i look to show up...
there have been some hints that there will be a new member of Evolution..i think that person will show up..cost Batista the title and start a new fued.."IF YA SMELL WHAT FAIRWRNING IS COOKIN..";)

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Nah, although it would be cool if Rock showed up, the whole way his contract passed without even a phone call to Rock is a little strange....
Batista will win with the WWE trying to recapture the feel good moment they had last year with Benoit....

Fairwrning
04-02-2005, 09:23 PM
dunno man....everybody expects Batista to win..i think Vince will go with the less obvious...kinda reminds me of when Lugar kept losing to Flair when everybody expected him to win..and it took FOREVER till he finally won it...

Big Troubles
04-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Dont forget the Hall Of Fame show is on tonite at 11:00pm....
I wish they would show the whole thing, instead it promises to be a Hulk Hogan love fest....

its listed for an hour and the info on it says "watch WWE past superstars, Nikolai Volkoff, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan and others be inducted into the Hall of Fame on the eve of Wrestlemania" and it says its an hour, so hopefuly if its gonna be just a Hogan orgie maybe they will throw in a few classic matches???

Big Troubles
04-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Nah, although it would be cool if Rock showed up, the whole way his contract passed without even a phone call to Rock is a little strange....
Batista will win with the WWE trying to recapture the feel good moment they had last year with Benoit....

that's an easy bet too. Its scheduled to go on last, in typical fashion you leave big audiences, like Wrestlemania, going home happy. That means Batista wins the gold.

Picking a winner in the Michaels vs Angle match is more strategic.

Undertaker will put Orton over. (Orton will cheat to win though)

Trish over Hemme.

eddie over rey. (eddie fully turns heel)

Cena over JBL. And you know I really dont like wiggers, so its hard for me to cheer Cena. A spinning world title. Fak!

Big Troubles
04-02-2005, 09:45 PM
dunno man....everybody expects Batista to win..i think Vince will go with the less obvious...kinda reminds me of when Lugar kept losing to Flair when everybody expected him to win..and it took FOREVER till he finally won it...

It took forever for Lex to be Ric because the bookers knew that there were no new heels for a face champion to defend the belt against. That's why shortly after Luger won it. He lost it. Luger was a good face title chaser. he was a better heel though. He didn't know alot of good wrestling, and traditionaly the babyfaces were expected to do more. Heels could taunt, rest, pose, walk all cocky...It made up for what they couldn't do. dropkicks, armdrags and headscissors. ;)

rustoffa
04-02-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Angle/HBK will be pretty good.

I'm calling bloodbath.

Full Bug
04-02-2005, 10:58 PM
I may go to a bar to watch it, I have a hard time plunking down 40 bucks to watch it....
Then again I will spend that much at the bar anyway....

Full Bug
04-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Wow, the Pukeamanics were out in full force tonite on the HOF show eh?
Piper made me laugh when he made reference to him being fired for that drug show he did, is it just me or was he drunk or at least a little buzzed? Hard to tell with him.....
I wish more of the show was done with the other guys, and Bobby Heenan should have been allowed to say something....

redblkwht
04-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Wow, the Pukeamanics were out in full force tonite on the HOF show eh?
Piper made me laugh when he made reference to him being fired for that drug show he did, is it just me or was he drunk or at least a little buzzed? Hard to tell with him.....
I wish more of the show was done with the other guys, and Bobby Heenan should have been allowed to say something....
Buddz, without Pukeamania
the WWE wouldnt be what it is or was..he did boost wrestling to the next level like him or not.
BTW,
when they gonna HOF Brett Hart?

Big Troubles
04-03-2005, 03:32 AM
Hulkster is still runnin' wild brudder! Think Vince was listening to those chants of "one more match"? :D

rustoffa
04-03-2005, 03:58 AM
I was surfing PORN© and forgot about it....after acksing what fucking channel it was on.

Like it or not, Hulkamania will be forever etched in the harts and minds of the millions and millions™.

If you aks me, Piper is probably a tad underrated. Arn Anderson wrote this book called "behind the curtain" and cited Piper as a goon of the highest caliber. He took over for Solie as announcer for a bit on the old Superstation NWA saturday night show.

Just fucking cuntpletely neutral....he'd be interviewing the MIDNIGHT EXPRESS and keep it together despite wanting to kick the living shit out of Jim Cornette.

Piper to Nikita Koloff:

"Flair and his chair has to be a nightmare."

That speel had to be a shoot.

Full Bug
04-03-2005, 08:17 AM
WWE Hall of Fame live report with off-TV notes

Show started around 5:20 Pacific coast time, people were late filing
in. The Universal Ampitheather was close to full, only a few
scattered seats here and there. They were giving away cool souveneir
programs along with silver WWE Hall of Fame 2005 medallions (look for
these on ebay). That was a nice way of appreciating the fans.

They made a big deal of the current Superstars entering and taking
their seats. Big names were shown on camera. BIG pop for Eddie
Guerrero, Batista. Good heat for JBL and HHH. Everyone looked happy
to be there.

5 legends were inducted just in front of the crowd, and the Piper and
Hogan inductions were filmed for TV. They'll probably release the
entire ceremony on DVD.

Randy Orton came out to a mixed reaction to induct his dad, Cowboy
Bob. Randy acknowledged his grandpa in the crowd, and said that
wrestling has brought him and his father closer than they had ever
been. Cowboy received his award and as "a man of few words" said a
few thank you's and took his seat on stage.

Nikolai Volkoff was inducted by Jim Ross. They showed videos before
each introduction. Nikolai was emotional, saying he escaped Communist
Russia and was then dismayed to have to represent the country he was
so eager to leave in WWE. But he is happy how his career turned out.

Iron Sheik was inducted by hall of famer Sgt. Slaughter. The Sheik
brought the house down. He yelled incoherently at the crowd, and the
words that actually got across were hilarious. He was talking about
his former proteges from the University of Minnesota wrestling team,
and how they could all beat Kurt Angle. He would end his speech,
saying "thank you and have a great day!" then continue again after the
applause died down. Finally Mean Gene took over the podium and still
Sheik went on. It was all fun and good-spirited, but Mean Gene seemed
frustrated.

Bobby Heenan inducted Paul Orndorff. Heenan was sharp as ever, saying
he couldn't understand a word of what Nikolai or Sheik had said.
Orndorff went through his catchphrases, and put himself over. He
mentioned that his kids wanted to hear their names on TV, so he said
them, I guess not yet realizing that his speech was not going to air.
He was gracious, but seemed kind of bitter. Even later, he wouldn't
shake Hogan's hand.

Jimmy Hart was inducted by Jerry Lawler. Jimmy Hart was in the band
The Gentrys, and even had a number one hit "Keep on Dancing" before he
met Lawler. Lawler went in the studio to record a song, and then Hart
became his manager in Memphis. Hart paid tribute to all the people he
had managed, and his megaphone, which he said had won more matches
than anyone else in the WWE.

During breaks, the crowd was chanting to try to get a response from
the current WWE guys. There was a mini-showdown between HHH and
Batista.

Ric Flair came out to a huge ovation and told stories about being on
the road with Piper. I think this one was in his book: when he
brought Piper with him because he was scared to return to Puerto Rico.
Piper, of course, caused a riot while there. Piper came out and
asked "is HBO here?" That had Flair laughing, but probably not Vince.
Piper made veiled refrences toward Hogan. He said he was at times
jealous of what Hogan acheived. Moreso, Piper was happy and gracious
to be honored.

Sylvester Stallone came out to the Rocky theme, and talked about
acting with Hogan as Thunderlips. Hogan gave him a real beating in the
ring while filming the Rocky movie. Real American hit and Hogan came
out to a 15 minute long ovation. No joke; his wife was crying, and
all current Superstars were on their feet. The man loves to be loved.
Finally he started to talk, and mentioned quitting wrestling to work
the docks in Florida. Pat Patterson brought him back into wrestling,
and Vince Jr. deserves all the credit for making Hulk into what he
was.

After taping, Hogan brought his family up. They presented him with a
nice, glass, memorabilia display case that had his old ring outfits in
it. They shot confetti and the inductees hung out on stage for a
while. All in all, a good show. Hogan's portion was a little drawn
out, and its a shame Sheik's accepting speech wasn't televised. Even
my beautiful girlfriend, who is not a fan, enjoyed the show.

monkeythe
04-03-2005, 11:23 PM
What did you guys think of WM? I felt it was a very good show & am glad that there weren't too many matches since that allowed for longer matches we'd care about. I felt that the UT & Angle had there best performances in a long time. For those HHH bashers out there, that is 2 straight WM's that HHH lost cleanly & made his opponents look great in the process. The only problem with the show was the Cena/JBL match & Cena's lack of any offense with the exception of the last 2 minutes. His title reign does not look very promising.

monkeythe
04-04-2005, 12:12 AM
For those that didn't see the event it went like this:

Mysterio pinned E Guerrero in the opening match. Match was so-so because Mysterio had to keep straightening out his mask every 10 seconds. I have no idea what the theme he was going for this year was.

Edge won ladder match. It was a great match with great performances by everyone.

Eugene comes out and says that this is his greatest WM moment ever next to Bundy slamming the midget & a midget army formed to beat Bundy. Hassan & Daivari come out, put Eugene in the camel clutch & then are beaten up by the Hulkster.

UT makes the streak 13 in a row by pinning Orton. Great babck & forth match featuring the cast of Bob Orton.

Trish beats Hemme in the bathroom match of the night.

Angle makes HBK tap out in a classic match that lived up to its billing.

Pipers Pit w/ Austin was entertaining. Looked like they were about to fight when Carlito comes out and says they're not cool. Piper spits apple in Carlitos face & Austin stuns him. Piper & Austin drink beer then SCSA stuns Piper.

Akebono beats Big Show in a sumo match featuring way too much flesh. Both men shake hands afterwards.

Cena is you new WWE Champ after giving th FU to JBL in a match that featured almost no offense by Cena & a lot of punching by Bradshaw. Worst match of the night & thankfully lasted only 10 minutes. Very bad announcing job and poor crowd reactions during this match.

HHH loses cleanly in 2 straight WM's & Batista is your new champ. Good 20 minute match featured a very bloody HHH. By the way Motorhead performed for HHH again.

Full Bug
04-04-2005, 05:23 AM
It was OK I guess....
I thought it could have been better, it wont go down as one of the best Wrestlemania's, but maybe I had too high expections, it was the only PPV I ever buy once a year, maybe its the 50 bucks I spent that bugging me, lol.....

Mr Badguy
04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Wow, UT beat Randy Orton?

I thought he would have been putting him over by losing his 12-0 streak.

It`s a while since he won clean at a PPV, though, so maybe he was due a win.

Vinnie Velvet
04-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Hulkster is still runnin' wild brudder! Think Vince was listening to those chants of "one more match"? :D

Hogan has to have ONE last match.

How he left (as Mr. America) in 2003 wasn't the way to go out.

He looked pretty good out there against Muhammed Hassan, so Vince will do whatever it takes to get Hogan to do one match.

There is something about Hogan that every single wrestler that came before AND after him doesn't have. Wrestling skills aside, there is just something when Hogan enters the room or the arena. Pure electricity!

Hulkamania indeed will live forever.

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm kinda surprised to hear they put Cena in the championship seat over JBL. JBL has ended up working out as a good heel of a champion, and he gets a pretty positive reaction in that role...unless they're looking to get JBL in a HHH role (drop the belt, get it back a week later), it doesn't seem like the smartest idea to me. I don't really think Cena's all that great of a performer and his Eminem shtick has been old for a while now.

I don't think Cena's reign as champion is going to be for very long at all, he'll probably drop it back to JBL in a rematch, my guess. Cena makes for a good I-C champ, possibly, but I don't think the crowds all that much behind him to make him into a good world champion. In a nutshell, JBL is far more hated than Cena is liked, and it's all about the reaction.

Batista (at last) has some good momentum going, and the fans are really into him right now, but knowing the WWE he'll have the title for a month or so before dropping it back to HHH in its continuing effort to make HHH into the next Ric Flair. I hope that's not the case, but it seems to be where they're taking HHH to.

I'd imagine we'll see Hogan in a farewell match before too long; going out of the WWE as Mr. America was not the right idea...in fact, it was a foolish idea...I'd like to see his farewell match against somebody higher up on the ladder than Hassan (maybe a HHH, Batista or JBL bout), but odds are it'll be Hassan...

After making the WWF a household name in the mid 80s, Hogan really should go out on a high note.

Full Bug
04-04-2005, 04:28 PM

It`s a while since he won clean at a PPV, though, so maybe he was due a win.
Your surprised?
The only guy I can think of that Taker put over the last 10 years is Brock Lesner....
Remember when Taker kicked out of Eddie G's frogsplash last year? Way to put a guys finisher over....:rolleyes:

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 04:49 PM
This is totally off-topic, but does anybody remember Jake Roberts ever losing a match in the WWF - WHILE he was a hero, NOT as a heel? He lost his fair share as a heel, but I was thinking about it and even when he got the crap kicked out of him as a good guy, I don't recall him ever going down for a three count to anybody...to my memory, he always came out of the match with either a DQ over his opponent, a count out or a straight out pinfall.

Just curious.

Full Bug
04-04-2005, 06:56 PM
I dont know for sure, but I think Ted Million Dollar Man (I cant remember how to spell his name, lol) beat him at house shows all the time, I think I even saw him do it at Maple Leaf Gardens....
I also saw Jake go at it with Andre The Giant at the Gardens, ahhh the good old days.....

Full Bug
04-04-2005, 07:14 PM
--ESPN Classic Canada will be doing a tribute to Curt Hennig on 4/24 with six hours of old TNA PPV matches. Among the matches will be Jeff Jarrett vs. Hennig for the NWA title and Hennig's last TNA match against David Flair.

Very cool, as a Curt mark I will be checking that out....

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 07:17 PM
I saw a couple of solo Jake matches out here...against Rick Rude during their feud (and WHAT a feud that was...they just don't make em like that anymore!)...beat Rick by a DQ, I think...against Hercules Hernandez, that was a pinfall win...against Andre, won that by count out I think...and tagging with Ultimate Warrior against Andre and Rick Rude...this was while Rude was I-C champion, having defeated Warrior to get it and about two weeks before he dropped it back to him...Warrior pinned Rick to end that one.

Met Jake once, and what was said on that "Beyond the Mat" documentary was right - you don't know where Jake Roberts begins and "The Snake" ends...I was VERY creeped out by meeting him - thought he was going to slug me for being a fan and annoying him...spooky guy.... :)

monkeythe
04-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
This is totally off-topic, but does anybody remember Jake Roberts ever losing a match in the WWF - WHILE he was a hero, NOT as a heel? He lost his fair share as a heel, but I was thinking about it and even when he got the crap kicked out of him as a good guy, I don't recall him ever going down for a three count to anybody...to my memory, he always came out of the match with either a DQ over his opponent, a count out or a straight out pinfall.

Just curious.

Honky Tonk Man at WM3

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Honky Tonk Man at WM3

AH YES, now I remember.

I don't really think Jake dropped all that many as a fan favorite though, not a large margin anyway. Jake would have made one hell of a good I-C champion back in WWFs heyday, I don't know why he never got it...

monkeythe
04-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Talking about Jake, go to wrestlecrap.com this week (items change on Friday) and check out the new induction for hereos of wrestling. It features audio of Jake's drunk monologue and photos of his using the snake in a falic way and having old women rub his man boobs.

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/heroesofwrestling.html

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Talking about Jake, go to wrestlecrap.com this week (items change on Friday) and check out the new induction for hereos of wrestling. It features audio of Jake's drunk monologue and photos of his using the snake in a falic way and having old women rub his man boobs.

Oh lord...

Well, I LIKED Jake when he showed up sober...

twonabomber
04-04-2005, 07:44 PM

i hear Orton has to have shoulder surgery, so him losing was a gimme.

Fairwrning
04-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Is Austin back?/ or was that a 1 shot deal...

Full Bug
04-04-2005, 08:06 PM

Wow, for a guy that used to do some of the best promos in the biz, thats pretty sad....

rustoffa
04-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Lamecast© prevented me from seeing any of it.

We sat there and waited for them to fix it and it never happened.

I noticed HHH didn't retain...but did a clean job in the middle of the ring.

I'm glad I didn't take Bug up on that bet!:D

We're hoping to get a free replay out of the deal.

Match of the night?

I really wanted to see HBK/Angle.

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Is Austin back?/ or was that a 1 shot deal...

I think it was just a one shot deal. It's not that he doesnt want to wrestle, its that he cant...

rustoffa
04-04-2005, 11:10 PM
He ran out on RAW earlier.

Maybe they're paying him show-by-show?

:confused:

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 11:17 PM
He ran out on RAW earlier.

Maybe they're paying him show-by-show?

:confused:

Considering Austin's history, it'd be the smartest move.

rustoffa
04-04-2005, 11:26 PM

I hope they pay him long enough to be the co-manager of RAW again.

That mofo puts asses in the seats!

Mr Badguy
04-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Your surprised?
The only guy I can think of that Taker put over the last 10 years is Brock Lesner....
Remember when Taker kicked out of Eddie G's frogsplash last year? Way to put a guys finisher over....:rolleyes:

Well he did for Heidenreich and Vince, although they weren`t clean jobs.

I thought they would use him that way as he is almost done and get him to put something back into the business.

monkeythe
04-05-2005, 04:34 PM
In all fairness to Taker, he didn't get the feud clinching pin against DDP either. Unfortuantely, his wife Sara did.

scottydabodi
04-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Undertaker rocks. Let him get over on everyone as far as I'm concerned, the dude's been breakin his ass for Vince for 13 years, and hasn't many left. I'd still rate his match at Wrestlemania a solid 4*'s(only cuz Bob Orton had the cast on his arm), and he's the greatest gimmick wrestler ever. Big Mark rocks. Speaking of Wrestlemania, I'm just gonna say one thing: Angle/Michaels.

rustoffa
04-06-2005, 08:52 PM
In all fairness to Taker, he didn't get the feud clinching pin against DDP either. Unfortuantely, his wife Sara did.

Remember that Kanyon/DDP feud?

Some of it was so lame it was hilarious.

VHdamaco
04-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Remember that Kanyon/DDP feud?

Some of it was so lame it was hilarious.

where are those two nowadays?

rustoffa
04-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by VHdamaco
where are those two nowadays?

They have DDP listed at the TNA site....last I heard Kanyon was out of the biz.

Could be wrong.

"Who's better than Kanyon??"

Funny mofo.

VHdamaco
04-07-2005, 12:50 AM
thanks

bueno bob
04-07-2005, 03:12 AM
"Who's better than Kanyon??"

I always loved how the whole audience would scream "Anybody" at that moment :)

monkeythe
04-07-2005, 03:47 AM
http://www.uconn-cr.org/

apparantly, the Ultimate Warrior pissed off everybody at a UConn Republican club meeting.

He also has updated his website www.ultimate warrior.com , an interesting place to say the least

bueno bob
04-07-2005, 03:56 AM
When is the Ultimate Warrior NOT pissing somebody off or just ranting on like a lunatic? lmao...

Tom Vu
04-07-2005, 05:11 AM
Did you see what Batista did at Wrestingmania 21? He made a tribute to the Ultimate Warrior he did the Warrior's shakes ropes thing right before he won the fight.

If the new world champion acknowledge the Ultimate Warrior, the World's Wrestling (Foundation) Entertaiment should make him in the Hall of Fame. They should because Ultimate Warrior was a dominant champion and pinned Undertaker so, so many times in casket matches around the country. He also pinned Andre the Giant in 20 seconds all over the country too! The Warrior was a great champion and was a trendsetter to today's power wrestlers.

Mr Badguy
04-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Tom Vu
Did you see what Batista did at Wrestingmania 21? He made a tribute to the Ultimate Warrior he did the Warrior's shakes ropes thing right before he won the fight.

If the new world champion acknowledge the Ultimate Warrior, the World's Wrestling (Foundation) Entertaiment should make him in the Hall of Fame. They should because Ultimate Warrior was a dominant champion and pinned Undertaker so, so many times in casket matches around the country. He also pinned Andre the Giant in 20 seconds all over the country too! The Warrior was a great champion and was a trendsetter to today's power wrestlers.

I don`t agree.

They only had him demolish everyone to get him over as a successor to Hogan.

Guys were happy to job for him in twenty seconds as the longer they were in the ring with him, the more they could get hurt due to his "stiffness".

Also twenty seconds was long enough to see his entire wrestling repertoire TWICE.

Clothesline, Gorilla press, Splash, yeah a real hold-for-hold wrestler.

Hall of famer my ass.

In about three years the "Hall of fame" will be a joke anyway.

bueno bob
04-07-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm going to agree with Mr. Badguy AND (God forbid) Tom Vu on both accounts. The Warrior was a big draw and did bring a lot of energy to the ring - he got people excited in a way that really hadn't been seen since Hogan's Hulkamania eruption. I was there, I was young, I bought into it, so it was succesful on at least one account.

Of course, Warrior didn't have any sort of real wrestling skill and a very limited selection of moves - kinda the prelude to Bill Goldberg, really. But, like Goldberg, Warrior ran his course...after he stormed over everybody (save for Rick Rude, who always threw Warrior for fits...and simply because Rude really WAS a bad ass outside of the ring and didn't mind going toe to toe with Warrior for extended periods) and beat Hogan, what was left to do with Ultimate Warrior as a character? Not much...which is exactly why he had to drop the belt to Slaughter so that Hogan could come in on his pro-USA stance and the WWF could try and work the Hogan angle again.

As far as excitement factor and the ability to carry an audience was concerned, though, UW was a top draw for certain and it was always fun to watch him pummel his way through the jobbers and the B cast (Dino Bravo, One Man Gang, Hercules Hernandez, et al).

The storyline with Warrior, I remember, got really bogged down, I think he had something like 3 feuds going at once right before he vanished (Jake Roberts, Earthquake and Undertaker, wasn't it?).

Mr Badguy
04-07-2005, 05:48 PM
The storyline with Warrior, I remember, got really bogged down, I think he had something like 3 feuds going at once right before he vanished (Jake Roberts, Earthquake and Undertaker, wasn't it?).

And don`t forget Papa Shango.

bueno bob
04-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh yeah. :)

Jared At Subway
04-07-2005, 07:15 PM

Austin is a major reason why this week's WWE RAW got a 4.3 rating, which is the highest rating since last years WrestleMania.

bueno bob
04-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Jared At Subway
Austin is a major reason why this week's WWE RAW got a 4.3 rating, which is the highest rating since last years WrestleMania.

Unfortunate that he's such an unreliable fuckup in his real life, he could do them good business if he was at least dependable. I won't deny it.

rustoffa
04-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Sandman took his hair, he took Sandman's beer-drinking gimmick, and the rest is history.

I've always thought that his stint in ECW resulted in the character that RESURRECTED the WWF and arguably set Vince up to eventually crush WCW.

I know, I know....you had DX, the advent of the truly SATANISTIC UT, The Nation, Val Venis, etc.....

Timelines...blah fucking blah....I personally BELIEVE that the "Stone Cold" gimmicks' sucess laid the groundwork for other limit-pushing ideas that collectively, eventually, won the Monday night wars.

Austin knows this....his ego won't let him forget.

Bottom line?

He's an asshole.

Vince is too.

May the best sphincter win.

Matt White
04-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Austin & The Rock. Vince had a helluva one-two combo.

Nothing like it outside of THE HOT ROD & HULKAMANIA.

rustoffa
04-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Austin & The Rock. Vince had a helluva one-two combo.

Nothing like it outside of THE HOT ROD & HULKAMANIA.

No doubt about Rocky's popularity. Goes without saying. Austin had to be going out of his paranoid mind watching that fucker rise to prominence....

Vince loving every minute of it.

"Hmmm...independent bad ass eh?....how about some Corporate Rock motherfucker?"

Rudie Poo bridge.....

Matt White
04-07-2005, 11:00 PM
How aboot Hogan's HOF induction?

I was torn:

One on hand, incredible ovation. HULKAMANIA is yet to be matched.

On the other, only a EGOMANIAC like Hogan would let the fuckers scream his name for 10 minutes WITHOUT trying to quiet the crowd. CLASSLESS to the end.

Jared At Subway
04-09-2005, 02:47 AM
Whatcha gonna do brother when Hulkamania runs wild on you?

Full Bug
04-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Jared At Subway
Whatcha gonna do brother when Hulkamania runs wild on you?
Thanks for your intelligent input bud....:rolleyes:
Not much, Hulk sucks....

Big Troubles
04-09-2005, 08:39 AM
LOL you didn't like to see him in the HOF Bug? That signals the end...

Looked pretty fat in the ass at Wrestlemania too. Austin was cool to see with Piper and they gave a good rub to Razor Ramon, er Carlito Cool.

Full Bug
04-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Of course I saw him in the HOF, he let the crowd go on for 10 hours or so without stopping them filling his Ego bigger then it already was, its no end, Hulk will be like a corpse, at his death bed, and then come back just to piss us off some more, you kidding? And of course the Puke-amanic's will be still cheering him on.....
OK, done ranting now, what was your question again?:D

Big Troubles
04-09-2005, 01:57 PM
LOL Hogan knew that by drawing out the cheers and chants, Vince would hear this and give Hogan a bit of negotiating power IF and WHEN he does sign an agreement with WWE. he's not dumb. Im bored of Hulk too, but who else is there that excites the crowd like that? Name one person that can still draw? There is nobody. Im not saying give the guy a full time schedule and a run with the belt. Im saying he'd be good to put over people like Hassan, Carlito, Simon dean, Maven, Stevie Richards... you know all the mid cards could really use the exposure and Hulk could give them credibility. Just a thought.

Big Troubles
04-09-2005, 01:58 PM
speaking of Simon dean, you think when WWE holds the EcW PPV, they will keep his name Simon Dean or will they change it back to Nova. Personally, I like the nova character. This fitness guru is fucking dumb.

rustoffa
04-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Maybe they'll bring Meanie back for it.

I have no idea where that fucker is....Nova and The Blue Meanie were a pretty good tandem back in the glory days.

If Sandman isn't there, I'll be ultra-pissed and never watch wrestling again.

Big Troubles
04-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Meanie lost a ton of weight and just sold the rights to a small indie co. called 3PW. I loved the Blue World Order and thought it was so much funnier than anything else EcW ever did.

Sandman never did it for me. I guess because Austin was doing the same thing but actualy knew how to wrestle. Ouch! :D I think Vince secured Sandman for the one Night Only PPV in June.

Rhyno was released today, but is expected to still work the PPV as well.
Paul Bearer is also gone...again.

Mr Badguy
04-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Im saying he'd be good to put over people like Hassan, Carlito, Simon dean, Maven, Stevie Richards... you know all the mid cards could really use the exposure and Hulk could give them credibility. Just a thought.

Who did Hogan ever put over?

If he`d put over Goldberg, Sting and some of the others at WCW instead of burying them with his "creative control" clause, maybe WCW would still be here.

Bringing Hogan back would be a backwards step.

He`d take a place high on the card that a guy like Benoit or Jericho could use a lot better.

However, you know Vince.:mad:

Big Troubles
04-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Who did Hogan ever put over?

If he`d put over Goldberg, Sting and some of the others at WCW instead of burying them with his "creative control" clause, maybe WCW would still be here.

Bringing Hogan back would be a backwards step.

He`d take a place high on the card that a guy like Benoit or Jericho could use a lot better.

However, you know Vince.:mad:

well working for Vince and working for Turner is different ball games. I just thought that IF Vince brought Hogan in, on a part time basis, he (Vince) could make Hogan put on a good feud with ppl like Simon Dean, Maven or Richards... Not that he has in the past, but it would be nice for him to give something back to the business that made him. I just dont think he should quit all together without helping out some young guys first. Not top players, openers and mid carders.

rustoffa
04-09-2005, 09:35 PM

Sandman never did it for me. I guess because Austin was doing the same thing but actualy knew how to wrestle. Ouch! :D I think Vince secured Sandman for the one Night Only PPV in June.

Come on man, Sandie had one helluva elbow drop.

Plus he kicked the hair offa Superstar Steve Austin's noggin in their feud.

I'll keep preaching about the ECW DVD's...there's a match between Austin, Sandman, and Whipwreck on the "Deep Impact" selection. Very good.

If Vince DIDN'T secure Sandie for that thing, I'll fucking never watch wrestling again.

rustoffa
04-09-2005, 09:37 PM
well working for Vince and working for Turner is different ball games. I just thought that IF Vince brought Hogan in, on a part time basis, he (Vince) could make Hogan put on a good feud with ppl like Simon Dean, Maven or Richards... Not that he has in the past, but it would be nice for him to give something back to the business that made him. I just dont think he should quit all together without helping out some young guys first. Not top players, openers and mid carders.

Ban the legdrop!!!

Big Troubles
04-09-2005, 09:43 PM
I miss watching Whipwreck. Him and Tajiri were fucking great. Thats something I want to see on the EcW ppv.

I liked Sandamn when WcW was using him as Hardcore Hak. :D Remember? LOL wow, he left that fucking company fast eh? he was alright, but he really was drunk for most of the matches, and it showed. :eek:

Maven could kick Sandmans ass anyday. :D

scottydabodi
04-09-2005, 09:54 PM
I miss watching Whipwreck. Him and Tajiri were fucking great. Thats something I want to see on the EcW ppv.

I liked Sandamn when WcW was using him as Hardcore Hak. :D Remember? LOL wow, he left that fucking company fast eh? he was alright, but he really was drunk for most of the matches, and it showed. :eek:

Man, ECW was the BEST SHIT EVER!! Check out the Rise and Fall of ECW dvd... it rules!!

Big Troubles
04-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I want to pick it up. Im waiting for it to return to walmart. its been sold out, or they are fucking clueless when it comes to anything other than WWE.

rustoffa
04-09-2005, 09:59 PM

*Note to self*
BT holds Sandman/Hak in no regard and that really fucking pisses me off.
;)

Big Troubles
04-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Paul Heyman should be given TOTAL control of say...Smackdown, and IF he can turn things around and garner a higher rating than what the writers do, he should be given full control, without Stepahnie or shane or HHH or even Vince telling him no, "not that idea". or whatever they say... heyman is a smart fucker.

Big Troubles
04-09-2005, 10:02 PM
*Note to self*
BT holds Sandman/Hak in no regard and that really fucking pisses me off.
;)

LOL I knew that would getcha. :D I think i have it on tape where Bam bam beats the shit out of Hak on Thunder. Hmmm... :)

rustoffa
04-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I want to pick it up. Im waiting for it to return to walmart. its been sold out, or they are fucking clueless when it comes to anything other than WWE.

Sam Walton was an NWA mark and certified dipshit.

amazondotfuckingcom!!!! (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000059WIW/qid=1113098469/sr=1-10/ref=sr_1_10/002-6109137-4628804?v=glance&s=dvd)

rustoffa
04-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Paul Heyman should be given TOTAL control of say...Smackdown, and IF he can turn things around and garner a higher rating than what the writers do, he should be given full control, without Stepahnie or shane or HHH or even Vince telling him no, "not that idea". or whatever they say... heyman is a smart fucker.

Stephanie loathes him as they have legitimate heat.

Bosses big-boobed daughter wins.

rustoffa
04-09-2005, 10:06 PM
LOL I knew that would getcha. :D I think i have it on tape where Bam bam beats the shit out of Hak on Thunder. Hmmm... :)

The fake rubber barbwire ring attire didn't help Hak's cause.

Tom Vu
04-10-2005, 04:40 AM
Did anyone wonder where is Jimmy "The Superfly" Snuka during the Hall of Fame ceremony? Remember they are to honoring all the guys fighting in the Wrestlingmania I main event. They had Hulk Hogan, Piper, Mr. Wonderful, and even Ace Orton, who was the cornerman. Well if they honoring to the Ace Orton then how come the cornerman of Hulk Hogan and Mr. T was not being honored?

Is Mr. T in the Hall of Fame. If he isn't, that is understanding because he is not a wrestler. But no Jimmy "The Superfly" Snuka? That's cheap and a rip-off to the Snuka. If Ace got voted in, so should be Jimmy "The Superfly" Snuka!

Oh, You Ate One Too?!? \m/\m/!!!

Full Bug
04-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Snuka is already in or will be one day, no need to worry....
I bet they already called him on the phone, but he couldnt put a sentence together enough to answer, he just kinda went "ughugzyxh" so they hung up and thought to try again next year....

Matt White
04-10-2005, 11:14 AM
The SUPERFLY made it last year...................BRUDDAH!!!

Mr Badguy
04-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Next years nominees:

Ole Anderson
Sting
Dusty Rhodes
Lex Luger
The Steiners
The Freebirds

Tom Vu
04-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Next years nominees:

Ole Anderson
Sting
Dusty Rhodes
Lex Luger
The Steiners
The Freebirds
I think there could be a wait on the nominations on the list you presents. The guys on that list are NWA/WCW guys and not WWF guys. They are probably not too high priority on McMahon's list.

Most of those guys like Bald Ole and Fat Dusty are the bozos and buffoons anyway. Look how they ran the WCW into the ground and out of the business. What idiots! They just pushing their buddies and sons and not real talent like Flying Brian and Z-Man. Look up Z-Man's website and read about how stupid Baldie Ole and Fat Dusty in polkadots are.:mad:

Big Troubles
04-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Next years nominees:

Ole Anderson
Sting
Dusty Rhodes
Lex Luger
The Steiners
The Freebirds

Big NWA fan? ;) Could barely tell. lol I see Rhodes and Freebirds in there, but only because Rhodes was a hit a few times with vince sr and jr... freebirds were a strong heel group in early 84 with vince jr, but the idea of 6 man tags were not appetizing for Vince. he cut loose Roberts first, then Gordy... Then Vince let Hayes go back to WcW when it was apparent that he couldn't get "over" without tag team partners.

you'll never see ole in the HOF. Same with Luger and I have strong doubts on either Steiner Bros. Sting I can see in there, but only because Vince will scoop him up for a full year or two first and make some money with him.

Tom Vu
04-11-2005, 06:16 AM
Big NWA fan? ;) Could barely tell. lol I see Rhodes and Freebirds in there, but only because Rhodes was a hit a few times with vince sr and jr...
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Arena/9893/dustyr2.JPG
Yes, Fat Dusty was a hit for VKM Jr. backstage so Vince cold laughing his a** off. Vince hated Dusty and ridiculed him when he finally got Dusty to work for the WWF. Vince put Dusty in polka dots and make him dance around like a fool. Not only that, he gave Dusty a fat valet named tweeth tweeth thapphire, as you weeel! Vince was having a good times as Fat Dust prancing like a buffoon.

In the WWF, was Dusty ever in the title contention? No. Was he ever in a feud not in the midcard? No. Did he ever work alongside the Hogan in a program? No. Was he a Superman like he was in the NWA when he booking himself as the top guy? No. Dusty was a joke in the WWF. The butt of McMahon's joke. Hahahahahaha!

Mr Badguy
04-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Yeah, but why can`t McMahon create a WCW HOF?

He owns the name after all.

He could be making money out of it instead of pissing on it like he did with the final Nitro and the "Invasion".

Big Troubles
04-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Tom Vu
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Arena/9893/dustyr2.JPG
Yes, Fat Dusty was a hit for VKM Jr. backstage so Vince cold laughing his a** off. Vince hated Dusty and ridiculed him when he finally got Dusty to work for the WWF. Vince put Dusty in polka dots and make him dance around like a fool. Not only that, he gave Dusty a fat valet named tweeth tweeth thapphire, as you weeel! Vince was having a good times as Fat Dust prancing like a buffoon.

In the WWF, was Dusty ever in the title contention? No. Was he ever in a feud not in the midcard? No. Did he ever work alongside the Hogan in a program? No. Was he a Superman like he was in the NWA when he booking himself as the top guy? No. Dusty was a joke in the WWF. The butt of McMahon's joke. Hahahahahaha!

but the bottom line was, that after the fist year deal (at a reported $300 grand) Dusty was SO OVER with the fans, that Vince offered him 2 more years at $600,000 per year. So it looked like Dusty got the last laugh. ;) Dusty wasn't as fat in that picture you posted, during his WWF years. He also feuded with main eventer Randy Savage, Ted DiBiase and other main eventer Big Boss Man. So it's not like he wasn't in a high profile position. :)

In my opinion that was my fav time in the WWF. Check out the roster at the time. Whether you were a fan of WWF or WCW it was a good blend of both.

circa 1990-1992

LOD
Ric Flair
Lex Luger
Dusty Rhodes
Rick Martel
Bulldogs
Demolition
Brain Busters
Sid Vicious
Hulk Hogan
Ultimate Warrior
The Rockers
Powers of Pain
Curt Hennig
Roddy piper
Boss Man
Randy Savage

and the list goes on.

Big Troubles
04-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Yeah, but why can`t McMahon create a WCW HOF?

He owns the name after all.

He could be making money out of it instead of pissing on it like he did with the final Nitro and the "Invasion".

ah yes, 'tunnel vision Vince'... lol He's getting better though in recognising past talents.... Id say the reason there wont be a WcW HOF is because they really were inferior to his product in everyway except the good wrestling part. NWA was good for wrestling and piss poor for stories and development. I dunno, I think Vince thinks of the HOF as more of a wrestling all star rather than just WWF/E. It's prob just a hard pill to swallow when inducting people that didn't really make an impact for his co. or make him money. Ole is a great example of someone that didn't make money for Vince jr or make an impact.

A great heel, that made a good impact and made a lot of $$$ for Vince was Honky Tonk Man, and Im surprised he's not inducted yet. What a gimmick to be stuck with though eh? LOL

Tom Vu
04-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Ole is a great example of someone that didn't make money for Vince jr or make an impact.

Ole didn't make a lotta money for anybody. This dumb guy was the booker during WCW's low period and come up with ridiculousness story lines and angles of all time. He was responsible for the Black Scorpion angle and also was so idiot that when Shockmaster fell on his face, stupid Ole continue with the voicing over he was do for Shockmaster.

He was so petty that he won't push young talented wrestlers. Instead he bring back all the old guys that were past their primes. These old guys would working for half the price of the young guys that Ole buried because he resented their talents and good looks.

Remember, at the after parties, the ladies would asking where's so and so wrestler and where is the other so and so wrestler. The women would flock to these unnamed wrestlers. NOT Ric Flair. And NEVER Ole.

rustoffa
04-11-2005, 10:26 PM
but the bottom line was, that after the fist year deal (at a reported $300 grand) Dusty was SO OVER with the fans, that Vince offered him 2 more years at $600,000 per year. So it looked like Dusty got the last laugh. ;) Dusty wasn't as fat in that picture you posted, during his WWF years. He also feuded with main eventer Randy Savage, Ted DiBiase and other main eventer Big Boss Man. So it's not like he wasn't in a high profile position. :)

It always amazed me, like even in the ORCA fat NWA glory days, how Rhodes could go for a dude as ORCA fat as he was.

He was a major player in the expansion of the old Crockett territory. Mr. Wrestling#2 (Johnny Walker) gave him a vote of confidence and Crockett went directly to work.

Rhodes' "main event jobber" status is probably the benchmark as far as "putting folks over" goes. When he won the world title @ the Omni, fans stormed the ring.....I've never seen anything like it and Harley Race has pontificated at length about that deal....I think he also said something like, "I've never seen anything like that".

Ric Flair has sited him as the greatest "cold" mic worker ever.

Turner Classics had this show reviewing the classic (marketing!) old NWA stuff, and in one particular episode he and Flair did commentary on their very own CLASSIC matches! Hilarity to put it mildly.

Without a doubt, he's been consistently a political backstage fucker...being groomed from the get go as such, whatdya expect?

Love the guy or hate him, he's a legend.

Yeah, I've attached this before.:D

monkeythe
04-12-2005, 12:21 AM
More Warrior fun.
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2790

Big Troubles
04-12-2005, 08:38 AM
It always amazed me, like even in the ORCA fat NWA glory days, how Rhodes could go for a dude as ORCA fat as he was.

He was a major player in the expansion of the old Crockett territory. Mr. Wrestling#2 (Johnny Walker) gave him a vote of confidence and Crockett went directly to work.

Rhodes' "main event jobber" status is probably the benchmark as far as "putting folks over" goes. When he won the world title @ the Omni, fans stormed the ring.....I've never seen anything like it and Harley Race has pontificated at length about that deal....I think he also said something like, "I've never seen anything like that".

Ric Flair has sited him as the greatest "cold" mic worker ever.

Turner Classics had this show reviewing the classic (marketing!) old NWA stuff, and in one particular episode he and Flair did commentary on their very own CLASSIC matches! Hilarity to put it mildly.

Without a doubt, he's been consistently a political backstage fucker...being groomed from the get go as such, whatdya expect?

Yeah, I've attached this before.:D

Ive always been a fan of Dusty because he didn't need a gimmick to make himself over. Nice pic Rus..

See Matt Hardy and Ryhno are now gone from WWE land. I can see Rhyno, but Hardy? WTF? Political bullshit. Oh well. Hardy Boy reunion coming your way on NWATNA soon.

Full Bug
04-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Dusty's shirt says son of a plumber? Is he sure he didnt EAT the plumbing?

Full Bug
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
MOLLY HOLLY RELEASED BY WWE

WWE.com announced today that Molly Holly and WWE have "mutually agreed on her release". This release follows the announcement yesterday that Rhyno and Matt Hardy had been released. Jesus and Chilly Willy have also reportedly been released in recent days.
--------------------------
Maybe they are trying to weed out all the women who can actually wrestle? She was likely the best all around womans wrestler IMO....Maybe after having to wrestle that talentless twit Christe Hemme she wanted to quit wresling forever....

Big Troubles
04-12-2005, 04:12 PM
MOLLY HOLLY RELEASED BY WWE

WWE.com announced today that Molly Holly and WWE have "mutually agreed on her release". This release follows the announcement yesterday that Rhyno and Matt Hardy had been released. Jesus and Chilly Willy have also reportedly been released in recent days.
--------------------------
Maybe they are trying to weed out all the women who can actually wrestle? She was likely the best all around womans wrestler IMO....Maybe after having to wrestle that talentless twit Christe Hemme she wanted to quit wresling forever....

I found the best match of the night, last night, was the first womens tag team match. hemme is improving and Victoria is a bombshell. Everyone seemed to wrestle pretty good. And then to read Molly was released? How fucked is that? T
It was a mistake to let Gail Kim go, but now Holly? Thats bullshit.

Are you sure they let go Hey-Zeus (:D) and Cilly Willy? Im sure they just brought Chilly aboard after serving in Iraq? If its true, its a shame.

So heres my thought on Hogan. (and BTW, I told you they'd bring him back!!! LOL) - HBK & Hulk vs Davari & Hassan.
Mis-communication cause HBK to lose the match, blames Hogan and sets up a FIRST EVER HBK vs Hulk Hogan match? Remember HBK went from not wanting anyone to be his partner to asking, on his knees, for Hogan to be his. I smell a swerve. Of course that's just what Id like to see. Im sure it wont happen, because that would be entertaining, and we all know the WWE turns away from compelling storylines and entertaining ideas. :D

This would also give Shawn a nice heel turn, and Kurt could also turn face, and eventually be drafted to Raw and rekindle the Michaels vs Angle feud, but this time, with Angle as face and Michaels as heel.

any thoughts?

twonabomber
04-12-2005, 04:42 PM
was Hogan on last night? i took a nap...

Big Troubles
04-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
was Hogan on last night? i took a nap...

he wasn't on, but in a sappy promo, an out of character Shawn Michaels got down on his knees and "begged" Hulk Hogan for help against Daivari and Hassan at the PPV Backlash. Im all for Hogan coming back, and in fact had talked about it well before Wrestlemania, how Hulk Hogan could come back and help "put over" mid card and lower card wrestlers. (including Hassan) I think there is a lot of usage and money left to be made from Hogan, as is evident from his standing ovations and "one more match" chants. So everything points out to Hogan returning to team with Michaels in a PPV match against a couple of Arab Americans- but personally I would love to see this turn out to be a really good wrestling swerve. something fans would not expect. Shawn turning on Hogan out of jealousy. Perhaps a screwed up dq or wrong pinfall could cause Michaels to "sweet chin music" Hogan in a really good heel turn. This of course could set up a nice SummerSlam classic never before type match with Hulk Hogan vs Shawn Michaels.
This would of course mean at some point during this, Kurt Angle on Smackdown, would turn face- in order to continue his feud effectively with Michaels, when either Michaels or Angle gets traded to the other brand- during the draft lottery this year.
But like I said earlier, this storyline is too exciting and compelling and we know that the WWE doesn't do shit exciting anymore- so scratch eveything I said after the words "but personally I would love to see this turn out to be a really good wrestling swerve" and put in the generic WWE storyline instead of Hulkster getting the legdrop of doom on Hassan and saving the day. Blech!

rustoffa
04-12-2005, 09:59 PM

This would also give Shawn a nice heel turn, and Kurt could also turn face, and eventually be drafted to Raw and rekindle the Michaels vs Angle feud, but this time, with Angle as face and Michaels as heel.

any thoughts?

I think the HBK heel-turn is inevitable, and the sooner the better. That heel match in the cell with Taker was great....beating up the innocent cameraman?

IMO, Angle looks awkward in face mode. That shit the othernight about getting arrested for stealing the show at 'Mania was gut-busting.

Big Troubles
04-12-2005, 10:15 PM
true enough... But I think if the writers could come up with a way to get fans to really like him again. Saving another good guy from a major beat down maybe? I dunno. But Michaels as a heel is something I look forward to. I hate this whole praying to the good lord shtick he uses. I mean its one thing, if you believe and are religious. But to incorporate that into a pseudo-sport? It's tacky. Then again- it's the WWE. Where are the Flying Nuns and the "Hairy"chrishna's. :eek:

Tom Vu
04-13-2005, 04:54 AM
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Arena/9893/000002306_1.JPG

Tom Vu
04-13-2005, 05:11 AM

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Arena/9893/forehead.jpg
Dusty thinks the Rock should realize that guys like Dusty Rhodes "set the table for what is happening today".

>>Great job Dusty – "what is happening today" - the collapse of WCW and the imminent collapse of WWE.

Big Troubles
04-13-2005, 02:18 PM
that's got nothing to do with Dusty Rhodes. I think you are giving him too much credit. "the demise of WcW" and "the imminent demise of WWE"? I dont think so. LOL

scottydabodi
04-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Hey gang, anyone have ANY info on the June 12th ECW PPV in NYC?? PLEASE PM ME IF YOU DO!! I'll buy you a beer!! I HAVE TO BE THERE!!!!!!! Thanks dudes and dudettes!!!

rustoffa
04-13-2005, 10:00 PM
that's got nothing to do with Dusty Rhodes. I think you are giving him too much credit. "the demise of WcW" and "the imminent demise of WWE"? I dont think so. LOL

...probably ruined alot of pool parties as well.

The fucking fat prick..........

:mad:

monkeythe
04-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Dusty's also ruining TNA. From PWINSIDER

The mood backstage before the TNA taping was said to have been miserable as there is a lot of heat on Dusty Rhodes' booking. According to several sources, there have been a number of meetings internally about the state of the company in recent days and some of Rhodes' ideas (Trytan, Harris Boys, Phi-Delta Slam, Dusty's pickup truck office) were not used on the show. Dustin Rhodes was there and used for one hour of the taping. By the end of the taping, once word got out about the meetings, there was said to be a much better mood among the performers. There are two distinct political groups right now - those who favored the Jeff Jarrett camp and the way things were up to Turning Point, and those who favor the way things have been lately under Rhodes' direction. Rhodes is still the head of TNA's creative direction, and is still being given a chance to improve things, although there are some who wouldn't be shocked if he was eventually gone. The internal word is that TNA management wasn't happy with the feedback and the early buyrate prediction for Destination X (which was easily the worst of any of their three hour PPVs) and are making sure that whatever changes need to be made will happen quickly.

Big Troubles
04-14-2005, 08:29 AM
while I agree that Dusty's booking methods have been less than stellar the last 2 decades, I still stand by what I said earlier. He made himself and Vince alot of money. Not too mention the NWA. Hell Im still surprised Goldust isn't in the WWE anymore. That guy was money i the bank- He was the comedy on that show. Name ONE other wrestler that has good comedy formula? Christian is good, but he has nobody to do any comedy routines with. Comedy characters with good wrestling skill is what the WWE needs now for it to be entertaining. remember the New Age Outlaws? Dx? Steve Austins "what" interviews and segments. mankind? The Rock? Nobody is "cool" or funny. The WWE takes themselves too seriously and TRY to be funny at the same time. Its just not working.

ok what was the question? jesus I went on a rant. lol Oh yeah... sandman sucks! :D Hey Rustoffa!

Full Bug
04-14-2005, 12:29 PM
WWE to air on Spike TV...and NBC
4/14/2005

Less than a month after parting ways with Spike TV, WWE Entertainment has reached a new three-year agreement with NBC Universal which will bring the signature wrestling program RAW back to USA Network.

RAW launched on USA in early 1993 and was one of the cable network's most popular shows before it left for Spike TV in September 2000.

"Im thrilled to be back in business again with Vince and Linda McMahon," says USA President Bonnie Hammer.

NBCU's Telemundo will score Spanish-language versions of RAW, but the biggest news to come out of this is the fact that NBC will schedule two yearly 90-minute RAW specials to air late-night Saturdays in the Saturday Night Live time slot.

It will mark WWE's first appearance on NBC since the popular Saturday Night's Main Event and The Main Event hit the airwaves in the late 1980's.
-----------------
It will be cool if they bring back Saturday Nights Main Event....

Big Troubles
04-14-2005, 08:03 PM
WWE to air on Spike TV...and NBC
4/14/2005

Less than a month after parting ways with Spike TV, WWE Entertainment has reached a new three-year agreement with NBC Universal which will bring the signature wrestling program RAW back to USA Network.

RAW launched on USA in early 1993 and was one of the cable network's most popular shows before it left for Spike TV in September 2000.

"Im thrilled to be back in business again with Vince and Linda McMahon," says USA President Bonnie Hammer.

NBCU's Telemundo will score Spanish-language versions of RAW, but the biggest news to come out of this is the fact that NBC will schedule two yearly 90-minute RAW specials to air late-night Saturdays in the Saturday Night Live time slot.

It will mark WWE's first appearance on NBC since the popular Saturday Night's Main Event and The Main Event hit the airwaves in the late 1980's.
-----------------
It will be cool if they bring back Saturday Nights Main Event....

yeah Im excited as hell to see if NBC brings back the old format of late night wrestling. First WWF match I watched was Nicolia Volkoff vs Hulk Hogan. (Flag on a pole match) SNME. SNL's ratings have been shitty and this would make for a nice replacement- albeit a once a month one...but still... cool shit. I still hope they do away with velocity and heat and all the other magazine type shows. too much exposure is killing the wrestling heat.

Keep raw at 2 hrs live. Drop Smackdown down to 1 hour. And present a SNME once per month and co-brand it. Take away one of the ppv's every second month and see if the ratings climb. just a thought.

so Bug...? what do you think about my Hogan vs Michaels scenario?

also, WWE says that they let Matt Hardy go, due to not having anything for him creativly? What happened to him coming back and being responsible for Gene Snitsky's attacks on Kane and Lita losing her baby? That was what the whole" it's not my fault" thing was supposed to be. It was supposed to introduce hardy as the mastermind behind it all. What a cop out by WWE to let him go. Its bullshit.

TNA's gain I guess.

scottydabodi
04-14-2005, 08:54 PM
I would like to state for the record that John Cena is a moron, and sucks in the ring.

scottydabodi
04-14-2005, 08:56 PM
also, WWE says that they let Matt Hardy go, due to not having anything for him creativly? What happened to him coming back and being responsible for Gene Snitsky's attacks on Kane and Lita losing her baby? That was what the whole" it's not my fault" thing was supposed to be. It was supposed to introduce hardy as the mastermind behind it all. What a cop out by WWE to let him go. Its bullshit.

TNA's gain I guess.

Matt was let go due to the Lita/Edge romance... It was causing a lot of problems backstage between Edge/Matt/Lita...

Full Bug
04-15-2005, 09:18 AM

so Bug...? what do you think about my Hogan vs Michaels scenario?

Its a good idea, Shawn was at his best as a heel IMO, not sure if I can see it happening though, at this point in his career its hard to see Shawn himself wanting to turn heel, would be a nice change though....

Big Troubles
04-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Matt was let go due to the Lita/Edge romance... It was causing a lot of problems backstage between Edge/Matt/Lita...

That part Im clear on. The part that doesn't make sense is that the WWE PR dept. stated "Matt Hardy was released from his current contract, due to creative not finding anything viable for him to do". That's the rediculous part and the WWE should be ashamed.

Full Bug
04-15-2005, 12:33 PM
WWE just creates statements like that to put themselves in a good light, there doesnt need to be any truth in them are far as they are concerned....

Soul Reaper
04-17-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm not into WWE as much anymore.

It seems to empthasise too much on storylines and not the actual wrestling, and the storylines suck!

I prefer to watch TNA!

scottydabodi
04-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
I'm not into WWE as much anymore.

It seems to empthasise too much on storylines and not the actual wrestling, and the storylines suck!

I prefer to watch TNA!

I would watch TNA, but the 6-sided ring sucks... Also, Nash jobbing to Billy Gunn??? Fuck that... Jarrett knows where his dinner hangs.

Full Bug
04-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Anyone ever listen to THE LAW wrestling show on Talk 640? Its pretty good, listening to it now, Sundays 11:00 pm EST to 1:00 AM, next week they have the Honky Tonk Man as a guest, he is pretty funny in his interviews....
http://www.mojoradio.com
They also talk UFC....

Virgil Runnells
04-18-2005, 08:45 AM

http://www.comecorrect.net/img/DustRhodes.jpg
DIS THE AMERICAN DWEEM, TELLIN ALL MY CHILLUN' DAT THE COSMIC COWBOY,THE TOWER OF POWAH, TOO SWEET TO BE SOUR MAY HAVE BEEN HUMILIATED IN THE WWF, IN PULLIK IF U WEEEL, MADE TO WEAR POLKA DOTS AND GIVEN AUNT JEMIMAH FOR A VALET, IF U WEEEL, ....BUT I NEVER WOULDA GOT REPLACED BY SAMMY LIKE DIAMOND DAVE. THE DWEEM DONT PLAY THAT, JACK.

Big Troubles
04-18-2005, 09:11 AM
LOL

Met Honky once. Big dick head he is.

I would watch TNA too, but they seem to be falling into the same trap as WcW was in. Just hire all the old WWE cast off's and bank on their previous popularity. Gunn, Nash, Hall, Waltman, Jarrett, RoadDog... They NEED (in order to seperate themselves) to push AJ Styles, Daniels, Low Ki, Monty Brown, Ron Killings, Young, Lynn and the rest of the lower to mid card guys more.

Vinnie Velvet
04-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Its a good idea, Shawn was at his best as a heel IMO, not sure if I can see it happening though, at this point in his career its hard to see Shawn himself wanting to turn heel, would be a nice change though....

Shawn was at his best as a heel.

Heck, the whole 'HBK Persona' was created out of a heel character anyway.

Though not sure how an HBK-Hogan match would go. Two completely different wrestlers.

Word has it that Hogan wants a match with Austin (unlikely considering Stone Cold's condition).

Vinnie Velvet
04-18-2005, 03:13 PM
he wasn't on, but in a sappy promo, an out of character Shawn Michaels got down on his knees and "begged" Hulk Hogan for help against Daivari and Hassan at the PPV Backlash. Im all for Hogan coming back, and in fact had talked about it well before Wrestlemania, how Hulk Hogan could come back and help "put over" mid card and lower card wrestlers. (including Hassan) I think there is a lot of usage and money left to be made from Hogan, as is evident from his standing ovations and "one more match" chants. So everything points out to Hogan returning to team with Michaels in a PPV match against a couple of Arab Americans- but personally I would love to see this turn out to be a really good wrestling swerve. something fans would not expect. Shawn turning on Hogan out of jealousy. Perhaps a screwed up dq or wrong pinfall could cause Michaels to "sweet chin music" Hogan in a really good heel turn. This of course could set up a nice SummerSlam classic never before type match with Hulk Hogan vs Shawn Michaels.
This would of course mean at some point during this, Kurt Angle on Smackdown, would turn face- in order to continue his feud effectively with Michaels, when either Michaels or Angle gets traded to the other brand- during the draft lottery this year.
But like I said earlier, this storyline is too exciting and compelling and we know that the WWE doesn't do shit exciting anymore- so scratch eveything I said after the words "but personally I would love to see this turn out to be a really good wrestling swerve" and put in the generic WWE storyline instead of Hulkster getting the legdrop of doom on Hassan and saving the day. Blech!

Wow, BT, that Micheals-Hogan storyline is awesome!

Too bad you don't work for the so-called WWE writing team.

I could see it now:

HBK out in full heel force says that it was HE who saved the company and brought it into the 'modern' era (ie: DX, more high ariel type of matches) unlike Hogan's cartoonish reign of the 80s.

Heck, HBK could even go so far as to say HIS DX was better than Hogan's nWo.

It could very well be a cool storyline.

Unlikely though. Not enough attention made to HHH.:D

Big Troubles
04-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Wow, BT, that Micheals-Hogan storyline is awesome!

Too bad you don't work for the so-called WWE writing team.

I could see it now:

HBK out in full heel force says that it was HE who saved the company and brought it into the 'modern' era (ie: DX, more high ariel type of matches) unlike Hogan's cartoonish reign of the 80s.

Heck, HBK could even go so far as to say HIS DX was better than Hogan's nWo.

It could very well be a cool storyline.

Unlikely though. Not enough attention made to HHH.:D

I could def. see an HBK vs Hogan SummerSlam match up making a truck load of money for all involved. I do believe people will pay more for this match, than they would for another HHH vs Batista match up, or hell, even an another Angle vs Michaels match. HBK could swerve Hogan, do the sweet chin music kick on Hulk and grab the mic and tell everyone that he wanted a handicap match with Daivari and Hussan and he got one. Then he points at Hogan and says "Here's your HandiCap". :D I want a heel Michaels, as I believe he was truly motivated when the fans are booing him. And recently they are, so it only makes sense for Shawn to be bitter.

Full Bug
04-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Wow, this Matt / Lita / Edge soap opera stuff just gets worse, now Edge's wife is shooting off....:D

Lisa Copeland writes about her husband

From TheMattHardy.com Message Board

WARNING!!! THIS IS A LOT LONGER THAN I INTENDED IT TO BE!!!
Forgive them Lord for they know not what they do.

"They" meaning all of us. The human race. We all sin, we all error. We all do things that need to be forgiven. As a Christian I have been struggling with this "situation" for months. As a human being (living in the flesh) I have wanted to retaliate and come forward and speak my mind a lot sooner.

I married a man, Adam Copeland, six months ago with the thoughts of "til death do us part." Obviously in our state of society that rarely exists anymore. The divorce rate is at 55% and no one bats an eyelash. When this story first broke I read so many things saying "People cheat, that's what they do" "Athletes, cheat that's what they do!" That my friends is a cop out. It is a way for all of us to look at ourselves and affirm our own actions in life. Whatever our own weaknesses are, we love to hear of others "failing". The old "I told you so"................. Throughout my adult life I have dated atheletes or somewhat "high profile" people, not because that was/is important but because those were/are the type of people I meet. I was modeling when I met my last boyfriend who is a pro baseball player and my best friend is married to a WWE wrestler. Big deal. I have been tagged as a gold digger, it's not that. It's the circle of people you are surrounded by. If not at the clubs, how does anyone meet their significant others? Through work, friends etc. What's the point to all of this???? Not much, just giving you all a little insight to who I am.

These last few months have been some of the most painful months I have ever experienced as a human being. I know we are all capable of hurting each other. Capable of things we never "intended" to do. Intended--- Amy and Matt where at our wedding. Amy was not welcomed there in my eyes because she was always a bitch to me and until now did not know why. But my thought was..."how do we invite Matt and Jeff and not Amy?" I will be the bigger person here and not stoop down to her level. I thought maybe as a woman she was "testing" me out after Alanah... wondering who this girl was in her friends life so soon. Does she want him for the right reasons, etc. I gave her that... little did I know this was all lurking around the corner. Adam and Amy... Amy and Adam... oh they feel in love... poor Matt, poor Lisa. I call bullshit. Adam and I never disrespected Alanah. I didn't want to have anything to do with Adam until his divorce was under way and I felt we were being honest and not hurting anyone. I always thought Adam was the Victim in that relationship, but now being on the other side of the fence..... not so sure anymore.

Did Adam and Amy make a mistake? Sure! Did Adam and Lisa move too fast into another marriage? Maybe we did.... Did Amy and Matt have problems? Not to my knowledge........... there are so many theory's, so many should haves, could haves, would haves......... but the real story is this--As a human being........ and I stress Human, how does one continue to do this?

Where their actions unforgivable? NO, but it's how they have both handled it after the fact. Adam blaming Matt for not being a stand up boyfriend and in turn having his girlfriend confide in him.... justifying how he could not only betray his wife but one of his best friends..... come on people you read his book.... him and Matt were best friends. When he had his neck surgery there were 5 people from the WWE that called Adam weekly to check on him--Matt being on of them. Matt was there so many times for Amy when she hurt herself. Whether it was the neck, the knee, or anything, he was there for her. How could Matt post his personal life on the net.... How immmature, right? Give me a break people.... If Matt wrote this all in his book............ No big deal! But because the WWE didn't make one red cent from this his personal life is "off limits". What was Unscripted all about. WWE's stars personal lives. As long as Vince can make a buck...who cares what the fans know. But instead Matt got fired b/c all the WWE is interested in now is Bimbos, another Diva search please. Personally I always liked Amy as a wrestler. As a person I always thought she was kinda a bitch and kinda looked like a man but I just chalked that up to all of the steriods she did... but hey maybe she's like Adam and only tried them once (Off the Record) and still doing them! Oh OK!

Whatever.

Amy and Adam have had many many opportunities to tell Matt and I both the truth. A chance to say hey... Sorry I hurt you but I fell in love with someone else. But they have both repeatedly continued to lie, lie, lie, lie! Why do they have backstage heat when suppposedly everyone else is cheating on their spouses? Because Adam is a coward and started naming names trying to bring others down with him. Amy was never respected by any of the girls b/c she treated them all as T-N-A and now that she needs them she is trying to gain sympathy. Well too bad, that is not how the world works. As women we don't trust each other as it is.......... as a woman disrespected by another ---Fuck you bitch! I had heard somewhere that she tried to call me to apologize but that was a lie... I have tried to call her numerous times with no luck unless I call her from Adams cell, only then does she answer. They are both cowards they are both liars and they both need major psychological help. Maybe one day they will get it.... maybe not. I know Matt and I will prevail. God doesn't bless those who have evil in their hearts. I am trying to forgive

Adam and Amy but it will take a while. Edge and Lita may be one thing, but take away Adam's steriods and what would he be? Another 6'4" skinny guy and take away Amy's oppenents like Gail Kim, Molly Holly, Victoria--Girls that know how to wrestle and guess what? That nasty bitch will bust her knee cap every other 7 months. Good riddance to them both. They deserve each other. Just remember what goes around comes around. I may not have handled this in the best way possible, but I never expected this to be my life right now so please forgive me........... God bless Matt and all the future has to offer him. And God bless Adam and Amy b/c they will need it when Karma comes knocking on their doors!

Sarge's Little Helper
04-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Wow, this Matt / Lita / Edge soap opera stuff just gets worse, now Edge's wife is shooting off....:D

Lisa Copeland writes about her husband

From TheMattHardy.com Message Board

WARNING!!! THIS IS A LOT LONGER THAN I INTENDED IT TO BE!!!
Forgive them Lord for they know not what they do.

"They" meaning all of us. The human race. We all sin, we all error. We all do things that need to be forgiven. As a Christian I have been struggling with this "situation" for months. As a human being (living in the flesh) I have wanted to retaliate and come forward and speak my mind a lot sooner.

I married a man, Adam Copeland, six months ago with the thoughts of "til death do us part." Obviously in our state of society that rarely exists anymore. The divorce rate is at 55% and no one bats an eyelash. When this story first broke I read so many things saying "People cheat, that's what they do" "Athletes, cheat that's what they do!" That my friends is a cop out. It is a way for all of us to look at ourselves and affirm our own actions in life. Whatever our own weaknesses are, we love to hear of others "failing". The old "I told you so"................. Throughout my adult life I have dated atheletes or somewhat "high profile" people, not because that was/is important but because those were/are the type of people I meet. I was modeling when I met my last boyfriend who is a pro baseball player and my best friend is married to a WWE wrestler. Big deal. I have been tagged as a gold digger, it's not that. It's the circle of people you are surrounded by. If not at the clubs, how does anyone meet their significant others? Through work, friends etc. What's the point to all of this???? Not much, just giving you all a little insight to who I am.

These last few months have been some of the most painful months I have ever experienced as a human being. I know we are all capable of hurting each other. Capable of things we never "intended" to do. Intended--- Amy and Matt where at our wedding. Amy was not welcomed there in my eyes because she was always a bitch to me and until now did not know why. But my thought was..."how do we invite Matt and Jeff and not Amy?" I will be the bigger person here and not stoop down to her level. I thought maybe as a woman she was "testing" me out after Alanah... wondering who this girl was in her friends life so soon. Does she want him for the right reasons, etc. I gave her that... little did I know this was all lurking around the corner. Adam and Amy... Amy and Adam... oh they feel in love... poor Matt, poor Lisa. I call bullshit. Adam and I never disrespected Alanah. I didn't want to have anything to do with Adam until his divorce was under way and I felt we were being honest and not hurting anyone. I always thought Adam was the Victim in that relationship, but now being on the other side of the fence..... not so sure anymore.

Did Adam and Amy make a mistake? Sure! Did Adam and Lisa move too fast into another marriage? Maybe we did.... Did Amy and Matt have problems? Not to my knowledge........... there are so many theory's, so many should haves, could haves, would haves......... but the real story is this--As a human being........ and I stress Human, how does one continue to do this?

Where their actions unforgivable? NO, but it's how they have both handled it after the fact. Adam blaming Matt for not being a stand up boyfriend and in turn having his girlfriend confide in him.... justifying how he could not only betray his wife but one of his best friends..... come on people you read his book.... him and Matt were best friends. When he had his neck surgery there were 5 people from the WWE that called Adam weekly to check on him--Matt being on of them. Matt was there so many times for Amy when she hurt herself. Whether it was the neck, the knee, or anything, he was there for her. How could Matt post his personal life on the net.... How immmature, right? Give me a break people.... If Matt wrote this all in his book............ No big deal! But because the WWE didn't make one red cent from this his personal life is "off limits". What was Unscripted all about. WWE's stars personal lives. As long as Vince can make a buck...who cares what the fans know. But instead Matt got fired b/c all the WWE is interested in now is Bimbos, another Diva search please. Personally I always liked Amy as a wrestler. As a person I always thought she was kinda a bitch and kinda looked like a man but I just chalked that up to all of the steriods she did... but hey maybe she's like Adam and only tried them once (Off the Record) and still doing them! Oh OK!

Whatever.

Amy and Adam have had many many opportunities to tell Matt and I both the truth. A chance to say hey... Sorry I hurt you but I fell in love with someone else. But they have both repeatedly continued to lie, lie, lie, lie! Why do they have backstage heat when suppposedly everyone else is cheating on their spouses? Because Adam is a coward and started naming names trying to bring others down with him. Amy was never respected by any of the girls b/c she treated them all as T-N-A and now that she needs them she is trying to gain sympathy. Well too bad, that is not how the world works. As women we don't trust each other as it is.......... as a woman disrespected by another ---Fuck you bitch! I had heard somewhere that she tried to call me to apologize but that was a lie... I have tried to call her numerous times with no luck unless I call her from Adams cell, only then does she answer. They are both cowards they are both liars and they both need major psychological help. Maybe one day they will get it.... maybe not. I know Matt and I will prevail. God doesn't bless those who have evil in their hearts. I am trying to forgive

Adam and Amy but it will take a while. Edge and Lita may be one thing, but take away Adam's steriods and what would he be? Another 6'4" skinny guy and take away Amy's oppenents like Gail Kim, Molly Holly, Victoria--Girls that know how to wrestle and guess what? That nasty bitch will bust her knee cap every other 7 months. Good riddance to them both. They deserve each other. Just remember what goes around comes around. I may not have handled this in the best way possible, but I never expected this to be my life right now so please forgive me........... God bless Matt and all the future has to offer him. And God bless Adam and Amy b/c they will need it when Karma comes knocking on their doors!

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

rustoffa
04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Virgil Runnells
http://www.comecorrect.net/img/DustRhodes.jpg

Wow, look at them polka dots.

Full Bug
04-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Quiz time....

1. The crowd lit up like wildfire after Davey Boy Smith pinned Bret Hart for the IC title at SummerSlam '92. The match has become so legendary since then that most people forget about the WWF world title match that happened on the same card. Who wrestled that night for the WWF world title?

2. One of the biggest pops in history was when Sting won his first world title in historic Baltimore at the Great American Bash in 1990 from Ric Flair. Sting would've gotten the title earlier, but the Sting-Flair match was delayed for months. What happened earlier that year that caused that match to be delayed until the summer?

3. Hulk Hogan received an unbelievably huge pop at WrestleManias 18 and 21. What was Hogan's last match before he left WWF in 1993?

4. Possibly the peak moment for WCW was when Bill Goldberg defeated Hulk Hogan for the WCW title before a sold out crowd of 35,000+ at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. After that, they blew it. What man eventually ended Goldberg's winning streak?

5. Ahh, the summer days of 1988. The WWF booking back then was so simple and so effective. One of the slowest counts in history was Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage's victory over Ted DiBiase & Andre the Giant at SummerSlam '88. Who referee'd that match, and why was the count so slow?

6. Another huge Hogan pop was his legdrop victory over Andre the Giant at WrestleMania 3. Joey Marella refereed that match, and Andre accused him of a slow-count early in the match. How did Joey Marella die, and who was Joey's father?

7. One of Ric Flair's shining moments was his hometown victory over Big Van Vader in Charlotte, NC at Starrcade '93. The pop was so huge it brought tears to his eyes. What famous NBA star was WCW shockingly able to get to do a babyface pro-Flair promo vignette hyping the match in the preceding weeks?

8. Chris Jericho made one of the most spectacular Raw debuts in WWF history back in 1999. During his promo with Rock, what WCW cruiserweight wrestler did Rock mention when goofing on Jericho's previous career highlights?

9. The night that turned the fortunes of WCW was the Bash at the Beach '96, one of the most memorable PPV's of all-time. Hogan turned heel on Sting and Savage and formed the nWo in the most heated angle in years. How did the audience dangerously react to that angle and promo; crowd behavior that later became a staple of the last 3 minutes on Nitro for years to come?

10. Speaking of huge pops, Sting got them for years after the bookers decided to make him descend from the ceiling and never do interviews. After Sting landed in the ring at the end of every Nitro, what foreign object would he use to destroy all the nWo guys?

Full Bug
04-19-2005, 11:13 PM
1- Savage / Warrior
2- Sting was injured?
4- Kevin Nash
5- Jesse Ventura
6- Gorrila Monsoon, car accident
9- Threw garbage, drinks....
10- bat

rustoffa
04-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Nash, Bat.

2 out of 10 ain't bad, it's shitty.

8. Stinko Melenko?

bueno bob
04-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Quiz time....

OK, I'm not much for wrestling trivia, but I'll try this one...

1. The crowd lit up like wildfire after Davey Boy Smith pinned Bret Hart for the IC title at SummerSlam '92. The match has become so legendary since then that most people forget about the WWF world title match that happened on the same card. Who wrestled that night for the WWF world title?

Not sure...I kinda lose track here, but I think it was either Hogan vs. Slaughter or Warrior vs. Slaughter...maybe Warrior vs. Savage? Not sure...all that may have been 1991, I'm not sure...ha ha...

2. One of the biggest pops in history was when Sting won his first world title in historic Baltimore at the Great American Bash in 1990 from Ric Flair. Sting would've gotten the title earlier, but the Sting-Flair match was delayed for months. What happened earlier that year that caused that match to be delayed until the summer?

Didn't Sting bust his patella up? Don't know if that's right or not, but...guessing...

3. Hulk Hogan received an unbelievably huge pop at WrestleManias 18 and 21. What was Hogan's last match before he left WWF in 1993?

Vs. Undertaker? I think that was one of his last feuds...guessing...

4. Possibly the peak moment for WCW was when Bill Goldberg defeated Hulk Hogan for the WCW title before a sold out crowd of 35,000+ at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. After that, they blew it. What man eventually ended Goldberg's winning streak?

I know this one - Kevin Nash defeated him with a little help from a cattle prod wielding Scott Hall.

5. Ahh, the summer days of 1988. The WWF booking back then was so simple and so effective. One of the slowest counts in history was Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage's victory over Ted DiBiase & Andre the Giant at SummerSlam '88. Who referee'd that match, and why was the count so slow?

Dave Hebner, I think...I don't know why it was slow, either he was recovering from a ref bump or was intentionally slow for the drama?

6. Another huge Hogan pop was his legdrop victory over Andre the Giant at WrestleMania 3. Joey Marella refereed that match, and Andre accused him of a slow-count early in the match. How did Joey Marella die, and who was Joey's father?

No idea.

7. One of Ric Flair's shining moments was his hometown victory over Big Van Vader in Charlotte, NC at Starrcade '93. The pop was so huge it brought tears to his eyes. What famous NBA star was WCW shockingly able to get to do a babyface pro-Flair promo vignette hyping the match in the preceding weeks?

No idea.

8. Chris Jericho made one of the most spectacular Raw debuts in WWF history back in 1999. During his promo with Rock, what WCW cruiserweight wrestler did Rock mention when goofing on Jericho's previous career highlights?

Um...Chavo Guerrera? Don't know, guessing.

9. The night that turned the fortunes of WCW was the Bash at the Beach '96, one of the most memorable PPV's of all-time. Hogan turned heel on Sting and Savage and formed the nWo in the most heated angle in years. How did the audience dangerously react to that angle and promo; crowd behavior that later became a staple of the last 3 minutes on Nitro for years to come?

Throwing TONS of crap into the ring, sodas, popcorn boxes, ANYTHING tossable. Kinda guessing...

10. Speaking of huge pops, Sting got them for years after the bookers decided to make him descend from the ceiling and never do interviews. After Sting landed in the ring at the end of every Nitro, what foreign object would he use to destroy all the nWo guys?

Baseball bat.

monkeythe
04-20-2005, 06:00 AM
1 - Warrior vs Savage
2 - Injured knee at Clash while attempting to enter steel cage to get at Horsemen
3 - vs Yokozuna @ Kong of the Ring
4 - Kevin Nash via caddle prod interference from Scott Hall
5 - Jesse Ventura. slow count due to looking at Miss Elizabeth
6 - Car accident, Gorilla Monsoon
7 - Karl Malone
8 - Juventud Guerrero
9 - threw garbage
10 - bat

Full Bug
04-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Cena has the dumbest looking belt I have ever seen....:D

Mr Badguy
04-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Cena has the dumbest looking belt I have ever seen....:D

Yeah!

What is with that spinning bit in the middle?

You should never fuck with World Championship belts.

It cheapens them.

Full Bug
04-24-2005, 07:48 PM
I still think they should bring back the old IC belt, like the one Henning and Bret wore, I think it looked cooler then the one they have now....

rustoffa
04-24-2005, 09:12 PM
I still think they should bring back the old IC belt, like the one Henning and Bret wore, I think it looked cooler then the one they have now....

That bling wheel belt is a joke.
Just fucking stupid.

Full Bug
04-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Quiz time....

Last week's quiz answers:

1-Randy Savage faced Ultimate Warrior for the world title at SummerSlam '92.

2-Sting had to wait until the summer of 1990 to wrestle Flair due to his injured knee.

3-Hogan's last PPV match in 1993 for WWE was against Yokozuna at King of the Ring.

4-Kevin Nash eventually ended Goldberg's winning streak.

5-Jesse Ventura referee'd SummerSlam '88, and his 3-count was slow because of the storyline that perhaps DiBiase had paid him off to not let Hogan and Savage win.

6-Joey Marella tragically died in a car crash. Marella was Gorilla Monsoon's son.

7-Charles Barkley did a promo for Flair in the weeks building up to Starrcade '93. Most of you missed this.

8-Rock made fun of Jericho for feuding with some "guy named Juventud" Guerrera.

-The audience threw trash into the ring at the end of Bash at the Beach '96.

10-Sting used a baseball bat when he descended to the ring on Nitro.

Full Bug
04-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Here's another one....

1. One of the most tasteless angles in history was Vince McMahon's blatant exploitation of the Persian Gulf war in 1990 and 1991. It went so far that Sgt. Slaughter went on TV and burned the American flag. At WrestleMania 7, Hulk Hogan represented "America" and won the WWF title for all Americans... or so the story went. Whom did Sgt. Slaughter defeat to win the WWF title in the first place, and who helped him win it?

2. The same-sex wedding between Billy & Chuck wasn't necessarily "wrong," but the angle's bait-and-switch attitude sure was. WWE is no strangers to weddings, though. What hefty WWF grappler had an on-air wedding on the first ever NBC Saturday Night's Main Event in 1985?

3. The angle detailing the love affair of Mark Henry and Mae Young was just plain WRONG! And what a silly ending too. What did Mae Young eventually give "birth" to live on Raw?

4. The death of Bruiser Brody will go down as wrestling's most infamous murder. Who committed this heinous crime?

5. WWF got in some hot water when Steve Austin pointed a gun to Vince McMahon's head in 1998 and threatened to shoot, as the crowd roared in approval. What happened when Austin pulled the trigger?

6. Lots of critics complained when WWF interviewed Brian Pillman's widow, Melanie, right after Brian died in his hotel room. They not only did the interview so soon after the death, but they hyped it regularly throughout the show. Name two guys Brian tag teamed with regularly throughout his career.

7. Perhaps one of the worst decisions Vince McMahon ever made was not canceling the PPV after Owen Hart died. In what city did the tragic Owen hart death occur?

8. Larry Zbysko got some heat when someone he was feuding with suddenly passed away from a drug overdose. Larry went on Nitro thereafter and said that he had some comments on that person, but in respect for his family, he wouldn't say them. Some took it as Larry not dropping a feud for storyline reasons, which shouldn't have mattered because jeez, the guy just died. What WCW mid-carder was Larry feuding with at the time?

9. Jim Ross's Bells Palsy disease was not only openly mocked in WCW, but also in WWF while Ross was still there. What immoral jack-ass played this role and mocked JR's disease?

10. In 1995, America was deeply engulfed in the case and trial of OJ Simpson. What wrestler tastelessly went on WCW television with a black glove and threatened everyone that we all know what people in black gloves are capable of?

Big Troubles
04-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Here's another one....

1. One of the most tasteless angles in history was Vince McMahon's blatant exploitation of the Persian Gulf war in 1990 and 1991. It went so far that Sgt. Slaughter went on TV and burned the American flag. At WrestleMania 7, Hulk Hogan represented "America" and won the WWF title for all Americans... or so the story went. Whom did Sgt. Slaughter defeat to win the WWF title in the first place, and who helped him win it?

2. The same-sex wedding between Billy & Chuck wasn't necessarily "wrong," but the angle's bait-and-switch attitude sure was. WWE is no strangers to weddings, though. What hefty WWF grappler had an on-air wedding on the first ever NBC Saturday Night's Main Event in 1985?

3. The angle detailing the love affair of Mark Henry and Mae Young was just plain WRONG! And what a silly ending too. What did Mae Young eventually give "birth" to live on Raw?

4. The death of Bruiser Brody will go down as wrestling's most infamous murder. Who committed this heinous crime?

5. WWF got in some hot water when Steve Austin pointed a gun to Vince McMahon's head in 1998 and threatened to shoot, as the crowd roared in approval. What happened when Austin pulled the trigger?

6. Lots of critics complained when WWF interviewed Brian Pillman's widow, Melanie, right after Brian died in his hotel room. They not only did the interview so soon after the death, but they hyped it regularly throughout the show. Name two guys Brian tag teamed with regularly throughout his career.

7. Perhaps one of the worst decisions Vince McMahon ever made was not canceling the PPV after Owen Hart died. In what city did the tragic Owen hart death occur?

8. Larry Zbysko got some heat when someone he was feuding with suddenly passed away from a drug overdose. Larry went on Nitro thereafter and said that he had some comments on that person, but in respect for his family, he wouldn't say them. Some took it as Larry not dropping a feud for storyline reasons, which shouldn't have mattered because jeez, the guy just died. What WCW mid-carder was Larry feuding with at the time?

9. Jim Ross's Bells Palsy disease was not only openly mocked in WCW, but also in WWF while Ross was still there. What immoral jack-ass played this role and mocked JR's disease?

10. In 1995, America was deeply engulfed in the case and trial of OJ Simpson. What wrestler tastelessly went on WCW television with a black glove and threatened everyone that we all know what people in black gloves are capable of?

1 Ultimate Warrior with help from Savage
2 Uncle Elmer
3 a hand
4 ah shit... Jose somebody or other? close enough?
5 a little sign that read "bang" popped out and Vince pissed his pants. classic.
6 Z Man Tom Zenk & Steve Austin
7 Kansas City
8 Louie Spicolli (Rad Radford!!!)
9 Ed Ferrara
0 Hulk Hogan brudder!

Full Bug
04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
1-Ultimate Warrior, Savage hit him over the head with his Macho King septer or whatever that thing was called....
2- Cant remember his name, some hillbilly type dude, Elmer or something?
3-A hand
5- A flag popped out?
6-Steve Austin, ?
7-Kansas City
8-Louie Spicolli?

Full Bug
04-25-2005, 05:46 PM

10 Hulk Hogan brudder!
Ha! Should have guessed, sounds like something he would do....:D
Anyone pick up the Death Of WCW book? I'm almost finished it, great book, its amazing all the crap that went on there that I had forgotten about....

Big Troubles
04-25-2005, 05:48 PM
have not read the book, but it does intrigue me. Would I be surprised by what I read?

Full Bug
04-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Not if you watched Nitro the last few years it was around....
The most interesting stuff is what was really going on backstage...
Hogan, Nash, Hall and Bishoff come off really bad, and you wouldnt believe the money WCW wasted on celebrities that never made them a dollar, like paying that idiot Master P 500,000 a year, dont even ask what they were paying Dennis Rodman....

Big Troubles
04-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Not if you watched Nitro the last few years it was around....
The most interesting stuff is what was really going on backstage...
Hogan, Nash, Hall and Bishoff come off really bad, and you wouldnt believe the money WCW wasted on celebrities that never made them a dollar, like paying that idiot Master P 500,000 a year, dont even ask what they were paying Dennis Rodman....

Too bad Teddy Turner wasn't interested in starting up another group. With the right management (Heyman) and the deep pockets of Turner, Vince could actualy start giving a shit about the product again. Either way you look at it, the fans win.

I didn't order the TNA PPV, as Im just so sick of WWE cast offs. They were let go for a reason and should not be the focal point to a main event ppv. Jarrett is an idiot if he thinks that a PPV with all 8 matches with cages and ex-WWE stars is the way to make money. They should push ONLY: AJ Styles, Low Ki, Sabin, Abyss, Jeff Hardy, Monty, Killings, Elix Skipper, Lynn and Daniels. Everyone else that came from WWE or WcW should be special features only. I read that Dustin Runnels is being pushed again? That's just stupid. The money is in the future and the future wont happen for TNA if they dont promte it as such.

Thats why, if its working now or not, its just makes good sense to push and title Cena, Batista, Orton... Too bad they let Matt Hardy gfo though. I think that was a mistake. I hope Vince reconsiders.

Mr Badguy
04-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Ha! Should have guessed, sounds like something he would do....:D
Anyone pick up the Death Of WCW book? I'm almost finished it, great book, its amazing all the crap that went on there that I had forgotten about....

That book rules.

That and "Wrestlecrap" are two of the best books about wrestling ever.

I just watched a shoot interview with Vince Russo.

That guy just won`t take any blame whatsoever for what happened to WCW, although he will take all the credit for Rock, Foley, Austin and the late 90`s WWF success in general.

Dutch
04-25-2005, 07:59 PM
I'd like to respond to the negative statements aimed here at Dusty Rhodes. I worked for Rhodes in his TCW promotion, and have a different perspective.

Despite what anyone has ever written about Rhodes -- either here or in book form -- the facts are clear. Simply put, he’s a bonafide legend.

I invite anyone who hasn’t watched the Ric Flair WWE DVD collection to do so, specifically the Rhodes program. There, in living color, is the proof. During the featured Rhodes vs. Flair match, Dusty could take a few steps or turn his head a certain way at the appropriate time and the crowd would go into a frenzy.

That’s psychology and storytelling, which in-ring work is all about. His knack for knowing when to move a match along from one act to the next, was impeccable. Regardless of his physique or anything else, Rhodes was a master of that. He didn’t need elaborate, high-flying maneuvers. He didn’t need to jack up on steroids. He didn’t need some multimedia push to get over with the fans. Dusty could do it at the drop of his cowboy hat. And with ease.

Look at the “bionic elbow.” It’s a ridiculous move. But because Rhodes knew how to build up the excitement in a match, it always mattered when he dropped one or several down.

On the same DVD, there are interviews leading up to the above-mentioned main event. Rhodes could wield a mic with the type of off-the-cuff skill seasoned stand-up comedians trade in. His verbal prowess had an air of authenticity that would reel the viewer in, amping up that suspension of disbelief.

And he was funny. Dusty worked his God-given lisp and funky delivery to the limit. He seemed to reach deep into a treasure trove and pluck out a neverending supply of golden one liners. There’s no doubt both Rhodes and Muhammad Ali were admirers of each other’s interview style.

He also wove in that common-man-made-good persona, which appeals to anyone with a pulse. “I’ve wined and dined with kings and queens, and I’ve sat in the alley eating pork ‘n’ beans” sums it up. “The son of a plumber” was the ultimate underdog made good.

I had the great joy of being tutored by the man. As a heel manager for his promotion, I blasted out promos with Rhodes basically directing the action as the cameraman rolled tape. It was a dream come true for me. The master was showing me the ropes, and gave me a solid seal of approval. Those were moments I’ll never forget.

Neither could I possibly erase from my memory the sight of Dusty sitting in the back after a match, his face drenched in a “crimson mask.” He sat there for at least 5 to 10 minutes carrying on a conversation with the boys before he bothered to wash off the blood.

That said, I must say I didn’t always agree with Dusty’s professional decisions, at least on the shows I worked on. I am by no means an expert in the business of pro wrestling. It’s a strange world that hardly ever makes perfect sense. But there are certain, basic ways you need to treat others in a business relationship, regardless of what it may be. In my humble opinion, Dusty didn’t always do the right thing on several levels.

Regardless of that, I respect him greatly for the work he has done in the ring and in front of the camera. I had the chance to work for a remarkable wrestler and one of the all-time greats. It was somewhat fleeting, but I recognize it’s an experience many would beg for. That’s because he was and always will be “The American Dream.”

Full Bug
04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
I read that Dustin Runnels is being pushed again? That's just stupid.
Dusty Rhodes is booking, dont tell me you are surprised? Why anyone would pay him to book after his lousy history in that job is beyond me....Promoters just seem to make the same mistakes over and over again, every one of them should read the Death of WCW, its the perfect book of what NOT to do....

Big Troubles
04-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Dusty Rhodes is booking, dont tell me you are surprised? Why anyone would pay him to book after his lousy history in that job is beyond me....Promoters just seem to make the same mistakes over and over again, every one of them should read the Death of WCW, its the perfect book of what NOT to do....

Oh Jesus Christ, are you serious? I thought this "booking by Dusty" in TNA was just for on camera purposes. He's actualy got a say in booking talent and match finishes? Fak that's retarded. No wonder the son of a son of a plumber is winning matches again. :D

I have no problem with Dusty or Dustin as wrestlers. I have no problem with Dusty being labeled a "legend" in this business. He made money and brought fans in. I enjoyed the Goldust gimmick, in fact i loved the last run he had with Booker T in WWE. But bottom line- Dustin no longer is a money maker, especially just as Dustin Runnels. And for Dusty to have any power whatsoever is fucking absolutely mental. Jarrets and Panda entertainment are pissing their money away. Good bookers? Dutch Mantell. Steve Keirn. Even Kevin Sullivan with someone over looking him would be better than Rhodes.

Well its no wonder all the old timers are in the main event. That's fucked.

rustoffa
04-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Dutch
I'd like to respond to the negative statements aimed here at Dusty Rhodes. I worked for Rhodes in his TCW promotion, and have a different perspective.

Despite what anyone has ever written about Rhodes -- either here or in book form -- the facts are clear. Simply put, he’s a bonafide legend.

I invite anyone who hasn’t watched the Ric Flair WWE DVD collection to do so, specifically the Rhodes program. There, in living color, is the proof. During the featured Rhodes vs. Flair match, Dusty could take a few steps or turn his head a certain way at the appropriate time and the crowd would go into a frenzy.

That’s psychology and storytelling, which in-ring work is all about. His knack for knowing when to move a match along from one act to the next, was impeccable. Regardless of his physique or anything else, Rhodes was a master of that. He didn’t need elaborate, high-flying maneuvers. He didn’t need to jack up on steroids. He didn’t need some multimedia push to get over with the fans. Dusty could do it at the drop of his cowboy hat. And with ease.

Look at the “bionic elbow.” It’s a ridiculous move. But because Rhodes knew how to build up the excitement in a match, it always mattered when he dropped one or several down.

On the same DVD, there are interviews leading up to the above-mentioned main event. Rhodes could wield a mic with the type of off-the-cuff skill seasoned stand-up comedians trade in. His verbal prowess had an air of authenticity that would reel the viewer in, amping up that suspension of disbelief.

And he was funny. Dusty worked his God-given lisp and funky delivery to the limit. He seemed to reach deep into a treasure trove and pluck out a neverending supply of golden one liners. There’s no doubt both Rhodes and Muhammad Ali were admirers of each other’s interview style.

He also wove in that common-man-made-good persona, which appeals to anyone with a pulse. “I’ve wined and dined with kings and queens, and I’ve sat in the alley eating pork ‘n’ beans” sums it up. “The son of a plumber” was the ultimate underdog made good.

I had the great joy of being tutored by the man. As a heel manager for his promotion, I blasted out promos with Rhodes basically directing the action as the cameraman rolled tape. It was a dream come true for me. The master was showing me the ropes, and gave me a solid seal of approval. Those were moments I’ll never forget.

Neither could I possibly erase from my memory the sight of Dusty sitting in the back after a match, his face drenched in a “crimson mask.” He sat there for at least 5 to 10 minutes carrying on a conversation with the boys before he bothered to wash off the blood.

That said, I must say I didn’t always agree with Dusty’s professional decisions, at least on the shows I worked on. I am by no means an expert in the business of pro wrestling. It’s a strange world that hardly ever makes perfect sense. But there are certain, basic ways you need to treat others in a business relationship, regardless of what it may be. In my humble opinion, Dusty didn’t always do the right thing on several levels.

Regardless of that, I respect him greatly for the work he has done in the ring and in front of the camera. I had the chance to work for a remarkable wrestler and one of the all-time greats. It was somewhat fleeting, but I recognize it’s an experience many would beg for. That’s because he was and always will be “The American Dream.”

I was hoping you'd weigh in on this Dutch, and that is on hell of a well-written post.

Dutch knows a thing or two about building heat, as I've personally witnessed him engage a hostile crowd by throwing monopoly money at them.

Dusty has provided me with many a laugh over the years, a favorite was an eloquent description of how dinner with his "dear friend" Ms. Lena Horne was interrupted by a phone being brought to the table. It was "numba 2" on the other end, and he needed some help with those "Dirty Andersons"...LMFAO!

Rhodes is certainly no saint, and you'll be hard-pressed to find very many in that seedy business we all get a kick out of.

Nice to hear a first-hand opinion.

rustoffa
04-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Too bad Teddy Turner wasn't interested in starting up another group.

Hasn't there been some rumors about him considering it?

Big Troubles
04-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Hasn't there been some rumors about him considering it?

Yeah I think there was some rumblings about it, but it appears that none of the Time Warner networks would be interested in a 'rasslin' program. You know, Im also surprised Rupert Murdoch from Fox hasn't sunk his millions into a small start up promotion. A few top players and the rest indie workers like American Dragon, Spanky, Samoa Joe... So in other words, he could just buy RoH? :D

rustoffa
04-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Yeah I think there was some rumblings about it, but it appears that none of the Time Warner networks would be interested in a 'rasslin' program. You know, Im also surprised Rupert Murdoch from Fox hasn't sunk his millions into a small start up promotion. A few top players and the rest indie workers like American Dragon, Spanky, Samoa Joe... So in other words, he could just buy RoH? :D

That's what we need....
Another Monday Night Money War!

Tom Vu
04-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Dusty Rhodes is a buffoon and NOT A LEGEND. His legacy left to the pro wrestling will be the term a "Dusty finish." Which basically means a screw job. He is a clown who pushes his son and buddies despite the other young talent he has, like Flying Brian and Z-Man.

When Dusty had the book in WCW, he use to talk to guys before their match with Dustin and told them making Dustin look good was most important. Then these guys who barely sold for other wrestlers, use to fly around the ring like popcorn for Dustin.

Dusty and Dustin are clowns. They are circus people. Dusty will best be remebered for his fat physique, his fat valet Tweet Tweet Thappire, and his polka dots. While the fruit of Dusty's loins, Dustin will be remembered for his wig, make-up, and fat man's suit.