PDA

View Full Version : WWE Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Vinnie Velvet
07-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by krcampbell
Charlie Haas, Jackie Gayda, Kenzo Suzuki, Dawn Marie, and Marty Jannetty can be added to the list of fired wrestlers. I don't even work for the WWE and I'm scared to death Vince McMahon is going to fire me.

Unless you are Shawn Micheals, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, I'd like to think if the company aint performing well, you'd ought to be fearful for your job!

monkeythe
07-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Add Hiroku & Joy Giovanni to the list.

Somehow, Big Vito got hired today & Brock Lesnar is going to be at WWE headquarters tomorrow.

rustoffa
07-06-2005, 07:37 PM
I don't get The Dudley's release. It's a shame Bubba never got the mic as well.

Full Bug
07-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

Hey Full Bug, do the Dudleys own the rights to their names?? Or does WWE??
Thats a good question, considering they used that name in ECW before going to WWE they might, but then again WWE bought the rights to ECW later on so I'm not really sure.....

Full Bug
07-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Here's what Spike Dudley had to say about his firing.....

Spike Dudley Lashes Out On WWE Release

Spike Dudley posted this message at the message board of his official site, spikedudley.net....

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

And in more ways than one. First, yes I'm gone from the WWE. Does it sting? Hell, yeah. Especially since I've always been one of their "model" employees. It makes sense that I was released, I don't bitch, moan, groan or suck. I just didn't fit in with what the WWE puts on tv. No, I'm only kidding(but not really). It was my turn and that's the nature of the beast. The WWE is a sinking ship. Cursed by owning 100% of the industry, I can see how they couldn't afford my outrageous salary in these times of number crunching. Hey, they gave me a great oppurtunity and maybe I didn't make the most of it. That's life. At first I was pissed, but I woke up this morning feeling, I don't know, alive. Check this out, this morning I woke up and visioned having a wrestling match without a script. I visioned going to an arena and actually having fun again. I visioned not having to go to the hospital after being hurt by a "future" WWE superstar who may look good but have the wrestling ability of a dead walrus. I visioned pitching an angle without having to get approval from writers who 6 years ago were buying ECW tickets and making signs(it's true). Hell, I visioned blading!!! I really don't want to burn bridges(if I haven't already) and all that, but that company sucks the life out of you and then spits you out. Enough on them.

I want to love wreslting again. I want to be passionate about the business. It's been so good to me, I want to give back. I don't know how yet, but it will happen.

Right now, I'm going to chill. I've got some time to sit back and re-evaluate life, smell some roses and get my head straight. I doubt you've seen the last of me. And if anything it's a blessing. Nothing sucks worse than working for a company that doesn't respect you. Paul E.(God bless him) proved that to me. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Majik, you f'n rock. Big boost this morning, thank you. I"ll be in touch.

Everyone in Dudlyeville, you all are the best. My many thanks to everyone for the support and love you've shown. Now that I'm on my own I will be back more often, so it's fun time.
I can't name everyone but you know who you are. Keep the faith, and if anyone is hiring get in touch.

Thanks guys,

Spike "no more tears" Dudley

Vinnie Velvet
07-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Good for Spike.

I for one would like to see TNA get the supposed Spike TV deal, maybe change their name and image, get Paul Heyman and some of the recent WWE firings (namely the Dudleys) and become a legitimate competition for WWE.

That's what the wrestling world needs once again.

Full Bug
07-07-2005, 12:47 PM
"That company sucks the life out of you and then spits you out."
Funny how Spike isnt the first wrestler to say that.....

Dave's Bitch
07-07-2005, 12:57 PM
have you guys heard what billy gun(i forget his real name) had to say about the WWE backstage politics?

Vinnie Velvet
07-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Yeah, Billy had some comments for his old DX mate HHH, if I recall.

Dave's Bitch
07-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, Billy had some comments for his old DX mate HHH, if I recall.

yea he did,he said if you suckd then the undertaker would come up to you and say you sucked and suggest improvements,but if you sucked and triple h came up to you he would tell you how good you were and to carrie on like that,then go to vince and "suggest" ways to take care of them

Don Corleone
07-09-2005, 06:18 AM
Look's like Brock's on his way back

Dave's Bitch
07-09-2005, 06:40 AM
i think its cool brock will be back,he was a good wrestler

Don Corleone
07-09-2005, 07:21 AM
A lot of Brocks return depends on factors he can't control. How will the guys in the back react? Will any of them want to work him? and finally how will the fans react?

Dave's Bitch
07-09-2005, 07:24 AM
i heard that brock and Kurt Angle once had an amateur wrestling match backstage because brock was being really cocky about his amateur background.And Kurt just absolutely owned lesner's ass

Sleaze-Metal
07-09-2005, 08:16 AM
excuse me, you call Brock Lesnar a good Wrestler??
What is a Lance Storm, Jerry Lynn, Kid Kash or Johnny Storm or Jody fleisch in your Eyes??

Sorry, but Lesnar has power, sure but his skliss are not the best.

J.

Dave's Bitch
07-09-2005, 08:37 AM
im my eyes....
Lance Stor
has talent and can wrestle but just plain doesnt

Jerry Lynn
same as above

Kid Kash
great wrestler but plain paper copy of chris jericho

Johnny Storm
Great athlete cant fault him

Jody Fleisch
another great athlete but will probably end up in the same boat as Rey Mysterio (pulls out all the same top rope moves every match and they become less impressive each time you see them)

but thats just my opinion...

Dave's Bitch
07-09-2005, 08:38 AM
oops i ment Lance Storm not lance stor

Full Bug
07-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Don't they teach typing and spelling in your high school?

Full Bug
07-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
oops i ment Lance Storm not lance stor
Your parents must be proud.....:D

Dave's Bitch
07-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Don't they teach typing and spelling in your high school?

nope :)

Dave's Bitch
07-09-2005, 08:43 AM
Your parents must be proud.....:D

yes they are

Sleaze-Metal
07-09-2005, 09:41 AM
could it be that you´re a WWE-Mark??

monkeythe
07-10-2005, 03:58 AM
A general post about a few issues raised on this thread over the past few days.

1 - The Dudley's own their name.

2 - Brock Lesnar was a great wrestler with an incredible amateur career only surpassed by Kurt Angle. As far as other wrestlers wanting to work with him, he is still a main eventer or at least upper mid-card & with all the firings going on there are many in the locker room that would love the visibility that would come with a Lesnar feud.

3 - What does everyone think about the UT/Hassan angle? I found no problem with it being shown in the US and agree with them not broadcasting it in London. DO you think they continue with this feud leading up to GAB or do you think that they'll put the issue on the backburner till the PPV? My personal opinion is that you'll never see the masked guys again and there will be minimal mention of last weeks incident.

Sleaze-Metal
07-10-2005, 06:03 AM
I have heared that Metallica don´t give their Okay to the WWE,for Using "Enter Sandman" on the comming "1-night-Stand"-DVD, for the Entrance of the Sandman.
That´s Life hahaha!!

Dave's Bitch
07-10-2005, 06:11 AM
hey did you see that fucking discusting bit on smackdown where the undertaker is in the ring with muhammad hassan,and then hassan call's 6 fucking masked terrorists out.they start choking him with wire.Vince has gone too far now surely,he has no shame.it looked like a fucking beheading.they had to cut the segment out of the televised smackdown and they have taken it off the site.Vince is a fucking sick human being

Don Corleone
07-10-2005, 06:45 AM
After what happened in London this week, that a bit off.

Soul Reaper
07-10-2005, 08:36 AM
hey did you see that fucking discusting bit on smackdown where the undertaker is in the ring with muhammad hassan,and then hassan call's 6 fucking masked terrorists out.they start choking him with wire.Vince has gone too far now surely,he has no shame.it looked like a fucking beheading.they had to cut the segment out of the televised smackdown and they have taken it off the site.Vince is a fucking sick human being

he really did that??!!

well...I didn't see it but that's just sick.

The guy playing Muhammed Hussan isn't even Arabian, he's Italian

Big Troubles
07-10-2005, 08:48 AM
as tasteless as it may be, and even THAT in and of itself is questionable, the fault of the programming does not rest soley on VKM's shoulders, as UPN had 3 full days to edit the show after Vince sent the feed in. To me UPN was responsible for airing the show in its unedited format. People have to realise that Vince is shadowing real life situations to help not only entertain us, the same people that pick his show apart, but also to help ease certain real life life horrible situations. I wasn't upset over the angle on Smackdown because of the terrorist attack in London. I just didn't like it, because it doesn't help, IMO, elevate Hassan's character and everytime he says "Im Arab American" it just blurs the lines of heel/babyface to me. Booing someone because of where they are from is an OLD gimmick and one that is easy to relate to. Iran, Russia.... But for a guy to come out and tell the truth about prejudice in America and claims to be Arab American, well, quite frankly Im cheering him deep down inside.
Vince had no control over the tragedy that took place in London, and did not mimmick the tragedy, as the show was taped Monday evening and sent to UPN Tues morning where UPN had plenty of time to edit it out.

Dave's Bitch
07-10-2005, 08:51 AM
they should seriously get rid of the whole muhammad ahssan gimmick anyway,is not working.and the guy is getting death threats.just like when sgt slaughter pledged alligence to iraq he had to wear body armour and have armed guards with him,thats what i see coming for hassan

Big Troubles
07-10-2005, 08:52 AM
With that being all said and done with....

who thinks all the WWE talent cuts are happening to make room for an inflated Brock Lesnar contract?

The only cut I didn't like seeing was Charlie Haas. There was a built in feud with former partner Shelton on Raw with Charlie being the jealous heel type. Too bad they let story go by.

I also think Kid Kash should be picked up.

With these talent cuts perhaps a wrestling co. could form to rival WWE finally. And no, I dont mean TNA. I think the mamgement there is being fucked up. Id like to see Ted Turner get back into this game. Maybe Trump? Rupert?

Dave's Bitch
07-10-2005, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Soul Reaper
[B]he really did that??!!

well...I didn't see it but that's just sick.

they cut it out of the showing but i watched the vid on the wwe web site.takers selling made it look like a fucking be heading.vince is sick in the head if he thinks that would get good heel heat

Big Troubles
07-10-2005, 08:55 AM
With all the talent cuts, what kind of a super roster could one upstart co. have?

Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
Scott Steiner
Sting
Lex Luger
Kidman
Haas
Jindrak
O'Hare
Rico
Mike Awesome
Lance Strom
Jim Cornette
Dudley Boyz
Matt Morgan
Dawn Marie
Jazz
Gail Kim
Nidia
Maven
????

who else is free agent?

Dave's Bitch
07-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Jeff Hardy is a shadow of his former self really,compare any of his TNA matches to his WWE omes,he is so slow now

Big Troubles
07-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Jeff Hardy is a shadow of his former self really,compare any of his TNA matches to his WWE omes,he is so slow now

I dont believe Jeff has been motivated to be anything more than what his past rep. allows him to be now. TNA is a very poor enviroment for him, business wise. There is ZERO motivation. Who in TNA would Jeff have to beat, cleanly, to be considered a great worker/wrestler? Raven? Been there. Done that. Jarrett? Please...:rolleyes: Jeff Hardy is young enough and healthy enough to still have a huge career if given not only the door to walk through, but the confidence in his staying power. WWE gave him the door, and he wasted himself with booze, music and dope. TNA gave him a "job" that wont intefere with his music, dope and booze. Thats why he is a "shadow of his former self". His current boss doesn't have the faith in his long term ability and Jeff doesn't get any strong confident job security from TNA. So why put out 100%, when you get paid very little, theres no long term booking planned for ya, and the lack of TNA's direction, whether its TV or PPV is somewhat flimsy?

TNA COULD be so much better than it is right now. The main thing they lack is a MAIN storyline, to hook the viewers. All TNA does, is pick up the scraps the WWE feeds them. Everything else is thrown together.
X Division? LOL All those guys are GREAT wrestlers, BUT TNA is NOT the first or only company to feature the very best in cruiserweight action. 6 sided ring?:rolleyes: Thats about as exciting to me as WcW's World War 3, 60 man battle royal, 3 rings...blah......

Dave's Bitch
07-10-2005, 05:12 PM
if TNA got shot of double J they would be better,that guy really sucks

Big Troubles
07-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Well, I always thought of the idea of the Owner/Booker, booking himself in the main events, to win world titles or to be featured in more than half the tv shows segments to be a conflict of interest. That to me, just screams ego. Especially when his reasoning, at the time, was that he was considered to be the bigger star in the company, therefore would generate a profit and stream of revenue more so than others. Its been a few years, and it has already been proven that Double Pay, I mean Double J, is not a ratings or ppv buyrate grabber.
Its like Dusty booking himself to be a world champion in Flordia or NWA/WCW... Wait a minute, that already happened. Ok, its like if Vince Russo, a simple writer, booked himself into PPV main events and hogged camera time on a tv show... wait a minute that happened too. Hmmm.... Whatever did happen with those two examples? :D

Big Troubles
07-10-2005, 05:29 PM
I still see money in a healthy Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. I would, if I were Vince, pick them on a seasonal contract and revamp them with their old money making, nostalgic gimmicks. Diesel and Razor Ramon. Im sure those two could last at least 6 months. Maybe not though...

Dave's Bitch
07-10-2005, 05:42 PM
i would love to see big daddy cool back in the WWEmwith his old trucker music aswell.that would be cool

Big Troubles
07-10-2005, 06:15 PM
i would love to see big daddy cool back in the WWEmwith his old trucker music aswell.that would be cool

Yeah Vince and Co. dropped the ball on that idea once already, maybe with the proper vision, without making hasty decisions, they could take their time and build something up more with a potential money maker. I predicted the Michaels turn on Hoagn when Hoagn first came back to team with Michaels, and even went as far as to say that Hogan vs Michales would headline SummerSlam IF the writers were to take their time and build a money making main event, instead of force feeding ooponents to the title holders like they've been doing since Steiner arrived in WWE at Surv. Series and was fed to HHH. The creative process involved with a good strong, back stroy shoulkd be written backwards. Like a book. If you were to write a good story or novel, you'd prob would already know if its going to be a thriller, drama, romance or comedy. You'd also know how you'd want the story to end. In the case of wrestling, the good guy should ALWAYS win in the end. The fans go home happy and feel they got their monies worth. In fact I believe Vince used to write 12 months in advance. He'd start at Wrestlemania and write backwards. He stopped doing that in the mid 90's. Everything now is written on the fly and that's why there are so many mistakes, mis usage of wrestlers and failed gimmicks. Thats also why Vince hasn't been able to let go of the older acts. The older acts sell seats, because they are a product of a time where wrestling clicked on all 4's and made sense. (story wise) Unfortunately it was also at a time where wrestling looked its worse. (fake wise)

Big Troubles
07-10-2005, 06:19 PM
theoretically Vince should already know who is going to be champion and challenger for both world titles going into Wrestlemania 22. He books on the fly and everything seems last minute. Looks and feels sloppy. I mean, it works great for live tv, like Raw, where its supposed to be "anything can and will happen" kinda tv. But when a PPV is slapped together so loosely, based on semi-interesting to dull feuds with poor to average workers...well, why should I fork out $40?

monkeythe
07-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
I still see money in a healthy Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. I would, if I were Vince, pick them on a seasonal contract and revamp them with their old money making, nostalgic gimmicks. Diesel and Razor Ramon. Im sure those two could last at least 6 months. Maybe not though...

They can't last that long. When they came back Razor couldn't control his alcoholhol problem & Nash couldn't walk across the ring without tearing his quad. When he came back he treated us to some of the worst main events ever.

Dave's Bitch
07-11-2005, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by monkeythe
They can't last that long. When they came back Razor couldn't control his alcoholhol problem & Nash couldn't walk across the ring without tearing his quad. When he came back he treated us to some of the worst main events ever.

LMAO :p

Vinnie Velvet
07-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Predictions for tonights RAW!!

Well, all the attention is obviously pointed towards the turning of HBK against his 'fave tag team' partner Hulk Hogan last week.

I thought it was one of the best executed Sweet Chin Music's of Shawn's since he came back to wrestle in 2002.

But since his old on-TV 'sexy boy' image has been replaced by a the good, 'born again' christian, what can we expect from Michaels tonight??

Obviously, we won't see HBK telling fans to 'suck it' and so on.

Most likely, he will come out as a heel much the same way as he was when he joined the nWo, telling fans how after Shawn's back was 'broken', everyone ran to Stone Cold Steve Austin like some cheap prostitute!

I think his promo will focus on the history of HBK and Hogan, how Shawn 'carried' the WWE during a time when Hogan left for WCW. Maybe there will be a mention on their two factions, nWo and DX --- maybe even having Shawn talk about his clique friends Scott Hall and Kevin Nash and their feelings toward the Hulkster.

A lot of possibilities which will make for a very exciting RAW!

Full Bug
07-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Amen!
I cant believe SB said it would be great to see Deisel back, you gotta be kidding me.....

Dave's Bitch
07-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Amen!
I cant believe SB said it would be great to see Deisel back, you gotta be kidding me.....

only because i was a Big "Big Daddy Cool" fan.i really liked him in that gimmick and it would be cool to see it return....or atleast thats what i think

Full Bug
07-11-2005, 02:29 PM
To each his own I guess.....
I was a big Randy Savage fan, even went to house shows to see him when he was world champ, I remember one where he fought Dino Bravo, and I remember when I was just PISSED when Hogan beat him for the belt at Wrestlemania 5, I actually watched that show on Closed Circit TV at an arena, this was before PPV's......

Dave's Bitch
07-11-2005, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Full Bug
[B]To each his own I guess.....
I was a big Randy Savage fan

I like the mach man too.i thought him and steamboat was Great

Full Bug
07-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Now this is funny......:D

(The setting takes place in Vince's office. Vince is reading a book)

Vince: Hmmm. Very interesting. I'll have to try it. (Vince's secretary walks
in)

Vince's Secretary: Excuse me, Mr. McMahon?

Vince: AHH! (quickly hides "The Death of WCW" under his desk) What is it?

Vince's Secretary: The group of workers you called for are here.

Vince: Ah yes. Send in the first one. (Spike Dudley walks in)

Spike: Hello Mr. McMahon.

Vince: Well hey there.....Boss. (chuckles to himself)

Spike: Uhh yeah. You wanted to see me?

Vince: Well Spike...

Spike: Are you going to let me go?

Vince: Actually, I was thinking of giving you a.....

Spike: Aww will you please let me go? Come on.

Vince: No Spike you're.....

Spike: Strawberry ice creme sucks!

Vince: WHAT? GET THE HELL OUT DAMMIT! GO! JUST GO!

Spike: Awesome. By the way Bubba and D-Von have been trying to get a hold of
you.

Vince: Oh really? (checks to make sure the phone is still disconnected as
Spike leaves and Billy Kidman walks in)

Billy: Hello Mr. Mc....

Vince: You're FIRED!

Billy: What? But why?

Vince: Ehh... No charisma.

Billy: What? But Mark Jindrak isn't charismatic. Fire him!

Vince: Hmm.... Good idea. (writes a memo) I'll let him know it was your
idea.

Billy: I let you fondle my wife, I sat through Brock Lesner doing the
Shooting Star Press, and this is what I get?

Vince: Hmmm.... Brock Lesner ehh? Get out now! I have an idea. (starts
writing 'Vince is a Genius' on his desk. Exit Billy. Enter Bob Holly)

Bob: Yeah what do you want?

Vince: Bob, I'm going to shoot it to you straight. I'm going to start
cutting people. It has come to my attention that you're a bully, you can't
wrestle, you haven't drawn a dime for the company since you have been here,
you haven't had any merchandise, and you smell faintly like racoon piss.
Quite frankly, you're living up to WWE standards.

Bob: What's the point?

Vince: My point is that Jonny Nitro has been making fun of you.

Bob: (smiles) Well I was going to beat up Nitro for no apparent reason, but
now I guess I have an excuse. Thanks, Vince. (Bob leaves)

Outside Voice: Hey, Hardcore. (the sound of a slap and a broom being broken
over someone's head is heard)

Vince: (whistles as Maven walks in with his hand rubbing his head) Ahh. Well
if it isn't Mr. Tough Enough.

Maven: What was that all about?

Vince: What was what all about?

Maven: Hardcore just broke a broom over my head.

Vince: YOU PISSED BOB OFF?! GET OUT! YOU'RE FIRED!

Maven: What?

Vince: And now that I've fired you, that means that no one from the first
two Tough Enoughs are employed here. (laughs excitedly)

Maven: That's not true. Jackie is still employed.

Vince: Jackie Gayda? That reminds me. (pushes a button on the phone) Hello?
Hello? Damn I've been disconnected. (stands up) Hey Vince's Secretary!

Vince's Secretary: I have a name you know.

Vince: That's not important. I have a job for you. I want you to tell Jackie
Gayda that we're changing her name to Jackie Cheapa. We're trying to stray
away from the usage of the word gay. That's why we went with Y2Cheap instead
of Y2Gay. It's a joke only my writing crew could miss.

Vince's Secretary: Anything else?

Vince: Yes and when you're done telling her about the name change, I want
you to let her know that she's fired.

Vince's Secretary: ...

Vince: Thank-you, Vince's Secretary. And thank-you Maven.

Maven: Psht. I'm going back to teaching. (Vince starts cracking up laughing
as Maven leaves)

Vince: Hmmm. (takes out a cell phone and calls up Shannon Moore)

Shannon: Hello?

Vince: Hey there Shannon. It's me, Vince.

Shannon: You never call me. What do you want?

Vince: Aww that hurts. I was going to check up on you.

Shannon: You never talked to me once since I was in that accident.

Vince: Well you know me.....

Shannon: Yes I do. What do you need Vince?

Vince: Well I was just calling to let you know that.....

Shannon: That?

Vince: That......YOU'RE FIRED! (ends the call and starts laughing) Ahhh I
just crack me up. I'm such a genius. (Dawn Marie walks in)

Dawn: Hello.

Vince: (has a grave look on his face) Hello Dawn. It has been brought to my
attention that you're pregnant.

Dawn: Oh yeah! I'm so happy. This is going to be so wonderful.

Vince: Well as you know, the WWE does not like it when their female
employees get pregnant. Especially when they're not used in a miscarriage
angle. I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go.

Dawn: You heartless bastard! How am I going to take care of my baby? What am
I going to do?

Vince: Wah wah wah. Jeez is this what the baby is going to turn out to be?
Quit giving me a headache, and just get the hell out! (Dawn runs out crying
as Vince answers his cell phone) Hello?

Marty Jannetty: Hey Vince.

Vince: Hello Marty. What do you need?

Marty: Well you're not going to believe where I'm at right now.

Vince: Marty I swear to God that if you ended up in jail again....I... I
just can't be held responsible for my actions.

Marty: Uhhh..... Bye. (hangs up)

Vince: Ehh. I'll fire him anyways. (Akio and Kenzo walk in. Vince chuckles
to himself) Hello.....Akio.....and....Kenzo.
I.....have.....called.....you.....here.....to....l et...

Akio: You don't have to talk slow! We can understand you just fine!

Vince: Well in that case, you both are fired.

Kenzo: Bullshit! (Akio stomps out as Kenzo starts to throw his chair. Vince
screams for security as Kenzo goes to beat Vince up. Security runs in and
starts to drag Kenzo away. As they are pulling him, Vince starts doing the
crane and taunts Kenzo. Then he goes to his seat)

Vince: Ahhh yes. Now where was I? Oh yeah! Shane! SHANE!

Shane: I'm right here pops.

Vince: (jumps) Jeez! Don't do that!

Shane: Sorry pops. You're not scared of anything are you?

Vince: Well I've heard many death threats from (rolls his eyes) the smarks
since... well you know....

Shane: The Invasion?

Vince: That's a dirty word! Anyways, I want you to fire Joy Giovanni, Matt
Morgan, Gangrel, and Kevin Fertig.

Shane: Wait a minute...who was that one?

Vince: Joy?

Shane: After that one.

Vince: Matt?

Shane: After him.

Vince: Gangrel?

Shane: No the other one.

Vince: Kevin?

Shane: ....Go back one

Shane: Yeah who's Gangrel?

Vince: That's just what I said when I hired him. He said he worked for me
once.

Shane: Hmmm. Don't remember

Vince: Well just go get it done.

Shane: Sure thing pops. (jumps out the window. Charlie Haas walks in)

Vince: Hey good to see you, Charlie. I regret to inform you that I'm going
to have to let you go.

Charlie: And why would that be?

Vince: Well, as is standard procedure here in the WWE, if I fire someone, I
have to fire their spouse. It makes it harder for them to make it. Plus you
have little charisma.

Charlie: That's not true. I have more charisma than you can book in an
arena. The writers just won't....

Vince: Oh now we're going to blame the writers huh? I'll have you know that
while you were training on how to wrestle better than my locker room, my
writers were making signs in ECW. So you can just shut your mouth mister!

Charlie: Well fine. At least now I can have some classic matches with the
X-Division on TNA. This is just a sinking ship.

Vince: Just get the hell out dammit! I hate listening to people that are
right about my company! Just LEAVE! (Charlie leaves) Well I think that's
enough cuts today. What am I going to spend all of the extra money I'm going
to have on? (a knock on the door is heard) Come in.

Brock Lesner: Hey Vince. I sure did miss you.

Big Troubles
07-11-2005, 07:49 PM

Oh I agree. Scott has issues and Big Kev is not 21 anymore. But for a short, 6 month contract, I think a Diesel and Razor Ramon rehash would make a truck load of doe. Nobody wants another Kevin Nash or Scott Hall/nWo return. They want the 90's version. Its all good business whether "internet fans" like them or not. They make money.

Big Troubles
07-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Now this is funny......:D

(The setting takes place in Vince's office. Vince is reading a book)

Vince: Hmmm. Very interesting. I'll have to try it. (Vince's secretary walks
in)

Vince's Secretary: Excuse me, Mr. McMahon?

Vince: AHH! (quickly hides "The Death of WCW" under his desk) What is it?

Vince's Secretary: The group of workers you called for are here.

Vince: Ah yes. Send in the first one. (Spike Dudley walks in)

Spike: Hello Mr. McMahon.

Vince: Well hey there.....Boss. (chuckles to himself)

Spike: Uhh yeah. You wanted to see me?

Vince: Well Spike...

Spike: Are you going to let me go?

Vince: Actually, I was thinking of giving you a.....

Spike: Aww will you please let me go? Come on.

Vince: No Spike you're.....

Spike: Strawberry ice creme sucks!

Vince: WHAT? GET THE HELL OUT DAMMIT! GO! JUST GO!

Spike: Awesome. By the way Bubba and D-Von have been trying to get a hold of
you.

Vince: Oh really? (checks to make sure the phone is still disconnected as
Spike leaves and Billy Kidman walks in)

Billy: Hello Mr. Mc....

Vince: You're FIRED!

Billy: What? But why?

Vince: Ehh... No charisma.

Billy: What? But Mark Jindrak isn't charismatic. Fire him!

Vince: Hmm.... Good idea. (writes a memo) I'll let him know it was your
idea.

Billy: I let you fondle my wife, I sat through Brock Lesner doing the
Shooting Star Press, and this is what I get?

Vince: Hmmm.... Brock Lesner ehh? Get out now! I have an idea. (starts
writing 'Vince is a Genius' on his desk. Exit Billy. Enter Bob Holly)

Bob: Yeah what do you want?

Vince: Bob, I'm going to shoot it to you straight. I'm going to start
cutting people. It has come to my attention that you're a bully, you can't
wrestle, you haven't drawn a dime for the company since you have been here,
you haven't had any merchandise, and you smell faintly like racoon piss.
Quite frankly, you're living up to WWE standards.

Bob: What's the point?

Vince: My point is that Jonny Nitro has been making fun of you.

Bob: (smiles) Well I was going to beat up Nitro for no apparent reason, but
now I guess I have an excuse. Thanks, Vince. (Bob leaves)

Outside Voice: Hey, Hardcore. (the sound of a slap and a broom being broken
over someone's head is heard)

Vince: (whistles as Maven walks in with his hand rubbing his head) Ahh. Well
if it isn't Mr. Tough Enough.

Maven: What was that all about?

Vince: What was what all about?

Maven: Hardcore just broke a broom over my head.

Vince: YOU PISSED BOB OFF?! GET OUT! YOU'RE FIRED!

Maven: What?

Vince: And now that I've fired you, that means that no one from the first
two Tough Enoughs are employed here. (laughs excitedly)

Maven: That's not true. Jackie is still employed.

Vince: Jackie Gayda? That reminds me. (pushes a button on the phone) Hello?
Hello? Damn I've been disconnected. (stands up) Hey Vince's Secretary!

Vince's Secretary: I have a name you know.

Vince: That's not important. I have a job for you. I want you to tell Jackie
Gayda that we're changing her name to Jackie Cheapa. We're trying to stray
away from the usage of the word gay. That's why we went with Y2Cheap instead
of Y2Gay. It's a joke only my writing crew could miss.

Vince's Secretary: Anything else?

Vince: Yes and when you're done telling her about the name change, I want
you to let her know that she's fired.

Vince's Secretary: ...

Vince: Thank-you, Vince's Secretary. And thank-you Maven.

Maven: Psht. I'm going back to teaching. (Vince starts cracking up laughing
as Maven leaves)

Vince: Hmmm. (takes out a cell phone and calls up Shannon Moore)

Shannon: Hello?

Vince: Hey there Shannon. It's me, Vince.

Shannon: You never call me. What do you want?

Vince: Aww that hurts. I was going to check up on you.

Shannon: You never talked to me once since I was in that accident.

Vince: Well you know me.....

Shannon: Yes I do. What do you need Vince?

Vince: Well I was just calling to let you know that.....

Shannon: That?

Vince: That......YOU'RE FIRED! (ends the call and starts laughing) Ahhh I
just crack me up. I'm such a genius. (Dawn Marie walks in)

Dawn: Hello.

Vince: (has a grave look on his face) Hello Dawn. It has been brought to my
attention that you're pregnant.

Dawn: Oh yeah! I'm so happy. This is going to be so wonderful.

Vince: Well as you know, the WWE does not like it when their female
employees get pregnant. Especially when they're not used in a miscarriage
angle. I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go.

Dawn: You heartless bastard! How am I going to take care of my baby? What am
I going to do?

Vince: Wah wah wah. Jeez is this what the baby is going to turn out to be?
Quit giving me a headache, and just get the hell out! (Dawn runs out crying
as Vince answers his cell phone) Hello?

Marty Jannetty: Hey Vince.

Vince: Hello Marty. What do you need?

Marty: Well you're not going to believe where I'm at right now.

Vince: Marty I swear to God that if you ended up in jail again....I... I
just can't be held responsible for my actions.

Marty: Uhhh..... Bye. (hangs up)

Vince: Ehh. I'll fire him anyways. (Akio and Kenzo walk in. Vince chuckles
to himself) Hello.....Akio.....and....Kenzo.
I.....have.....called.....you.....here.....to....l et...

Akio: You don't have to talk slow! We can understand you just fine!

Vince: Well in that case, you both are fired.

Kenzo: Bullshit! (Akio stomps out as Kenzo starts to throw his chair. Vince
screams for security as Kenzo goes to beat Vince up. Security runs in and
starts to drag Kenzo away. As they are pulling him, Vince starts doing the
crane and taunts Kenzo. Then he goes to his seat)

Vince: Ahhh yes. Now where was I? Oh yeah! Shane! SHANE!

Shane: I'm right here pops.

Vince: (jumps) Jeez! Don't do that!

Shane: Sorry pops. You're not scared of anything are you?

Vince: Well I've heard many death threats from (rolls his eyes) the smarks
since... well you know....

Shane: The Invasion?

Vince: That's a dirty word! Anyways, I want you to fire Joy Giovanni, Matt
Morgan, Gangrel, and Kevin Fertig.

Shane: Wait a minute...who was that one?

Vince: Joy?

Shane: After that one.

Vince: Matt?

Shane: After him.

Shane: No the other one.

Vince: Kevin?

Shane: ....Go back one

Shane: Yeah who's Gangrel?

Vince: That's just what I said when I hired him. He said he worked for me
once.

Shane: Hmmm. Don't remember

Vince: Well just go get it done.

Shane: Sure thing pops. (jumps out the window. Charlie Haas walks in)

Vince: Hey good to see you, Charlie. I regret to inform you that I'm going
to have to let you go.

Charlie: And why would that be?

Vince: Well, as is standard procedure here in the WWE, if I fire someone, I
have to fire their spouse. It makes it harder for them to make it. Plus you
have little charisma.

Charlie: That's not true. I have more charisma than you can book in an
arena. The writers just won't....

Vince: Oh now we're going to blame the writers huh? I'll have you know that
while you were training on how to wrestle better than my locker room, my
writers were making signs in ECW. So you can just shut your mouth mister!

Charlie: Well fine. At least now I can have some classic matches with the
X-Division on TNA. This is just a sinking ship.

Vince: Just get the hell out dammit! I hate listening to people that are
right about my company! Just LEAVE! (Charlie leaves) Well I think that's
enough cuts today. What am I going to spend all of the extra money I'm going
to have on? (a knock on the door is heard) Come in.

Brock Lesner: Hey Vince. I sure did miss you.

:D

Big Troubles
07-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Amen!

BDCool and and Da Bad Guy made Vince money and that's all that matters. ;) Honestly I dont see Kev back. But I do see $$$ in a CLEAN and SOBER Scott Hall.

Big Troubles
07-11-2005, 07:53 PM
actually, isn't X Pac on his way too?

Big Troubles
07-11-2005, 07:58 PM
To each his own I guess.....
I was a big Randy Savage fan, even went to house shows to see him when he was world champ, I remember one where he fought Dino Bravo, and I remember when I was just PISSED when Hogan beat him for the belt at Wrestlemania 5, I actually watched that show on Closed Circit TV at an arena, this was before PPV's......

I loved Randy in his prime. He knew how to work a crowd. I seen him wrestle Shawn Michaels in London Ont at a house show and met him in Michigan at SummerSlam 1993, but at the Hotel. A bunch of them were partying on the floor above us, they ran out of ice and came to our floor. I was getting ice when he came around the corner from the elevater with a bucket. Fucking cool ass shit man.
Met X Pac once too. When he was 123 Kid. Small guy. Very quiet then. Not sure if he was rude or just quiet.

Another good feud live was Savage vs Bad News Brown. Great match. Seen that one in Toronto when Savage was champ.

monkeythe
07-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Can't believe Matt HArdy came back tonight & told WWE to kiss his ass while also mentioning ROH. This could get very interesting

Big Troubles
07-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Can't believe Matt HArdy came back tonight & told WWE to kiss his ass while also mentioning ROH. This could get very interesting

It was entertaining for a change. But still a "work". A good one though.

Big Troubles
07-12-2005, 12:14 AM
maybe next week they could have the "Snake Pit" or the "Barber Shop" interview Hulk Hogan.... :D

Big Troubles
07-12-2005, 12:16 AM
"Flower Shop", "The Body Shop", "Hype Central", "Funeral Parlor"...and what was Sunny's interview segment called?

Mr Badguy
07-12-2005, 07:46 AM
maybe next week they could have the "Snake Pit" or the "Barber Shop" interview Hulk Hogan.... :D

Yeah, where is Hogan`s buddy Ed Leslie (AKA Brutus Beefcake, The Booty Man, The man with no face, E Leslie Harrison Etc).

Last I heard he was driving a train and got busted for coke.

You`d think Terry would have got him a job doing whatever at WWE.

Vinnie Velvet
07-12-2005, 09:05 AM
"Flower Shop", "The Body Shop", "Hype Central", "Funeral Parlor"...and what was Sunny's interview segment called?

Can't remember Sunny's interview segment.

But there was also Shawn Michaels' 'Heartbreak Hotel' interview segment.

Full Bug
07-12-2005, 10:47 AM

Another good feud live was Savage vs Bad News Brown. Great match. Seen that one in Toronto when Savage was champ.
I seen that one as well, we were likely at the same show....
I remember seeing Andre The Giant wrestle Jake Roberts at Maple Leaf Gardens, was cool seeing Andre up close, damm he was huge....

Big Troubles
07-12-2005, 11:54 AM
I seen that one as well, we were likely at the same show....
I remember seeing Andre The Giant wrestle Jake Roberts at Maple Leaf Gardens, was cool seeing Andre up close, damm he was huge....

yeah there were a few wrestlers up close and live that really scared me. Andre as a heel fucking terrified me. Same with Abby and Brusier Brody. Some wrestlers just give off that "Im gonna fucking kill you" look. I ALMOST met Jake Roberts and Luna once at a KFC. She needed to go pee, and they wouldn't let her use the bathroom as it was for employees only and Jake was ordering chicken and gave off a vibe he wanted to be left alone. Thats why its an ALMOST situation. I just backed off.

Big Troubles
07-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Can't remember Sunny's interview segment.

But there was also Shawn Michaels' 'Heartbreak Hotel' interview segment.

forgot that one. lol Did Honker have one as well? I seem to remember something.

Sunny was something like "Up All Night" with Sunny? I dunno.

hollywood5150
07-12-2005, 11:57 AM
the thing with Matt Hardy and WWE seemed damn real, but it wasn't

it was a WORK not a SHOOT............... for a while I actually thought it was a shoot,

who knows maybe it is a work??

Big Troubles
07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
work. too much camera time was given to Matt. Mic time. Not too mention when they took him away they took him up the ramp.

still cool though.

Soul Reaper
07-12-2005, 12:50 PM

i hope he was being serious and not following a script.

did the crowd boo him for insulting their favourite crappy wrestling company?!

Soul Reaper
07-12-2005, 12:51 PM
if you didn't know this already

the terroists (in Hassan's storyline) were played by Val Venis, The Shane Twins, Mike Knox, and possibly Derrik Neikirk..

Dave's Bitch
07-12-2005, 02:03 PM
ewww remember the vince McMahon kiss my ass club

that was so sick seeing vince's saggy old ass hanging out

Dave's Bitch
07-12-2005, 02:09 PM
[B]i hope he was being serious and not following a script.

ofcourse he was following a script.the idea of matt breaching security and attacking edge twice is hard to belive.and he happend to chose a moment where kain was fighting snitsky in the crowd to run out and attack edge.it must have been scripted

Vinnie Velvet
07-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by hollywood5150
the thing with Matt Hardy and WWE seemed damn real, but it wasn't

it was a WORK not a SHOOT............... for a while I actually thought it was a shoot,

who knows maybe it is a work??

Yeah, I first thought it was a shoot.

But it was definitely a work.

WWE.com already posted some of Matt's comments that he posted on his own message board.

It was executed very well though. Kudos to Vince and Matt for pulling that one off.

rustoffa
07-12-2005, 10:35 PM

After Piper interrupting the "Highlight Reel" last night, you gotta like the aspect of Jericho taking a coconut to the noggin @ Summerslam!

monkeythe
07-13-2005, 01:15 AM
Hogan Knows Best was the highest rated premier episode of any program in VH1 History.

Full Bug
07-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Hogan Knows Best was the highest rated premier episode of any program in VH1 History.
Yeah well, there is no accounting for taste....:D

bueno bob
07-13-2005, 10:20 AM
yeah there were a few wrestlers up close and live that really scared me. Andre as a heel fucking terrified me. Same with Abby and Brusier Brody. Some wrestlers just give off that "Im gonna fucking kill you" look. I ALMOST met Jake Roberts and Luna once at a KFC. She needed to go pee, and they wouldn't let her use the bathroom as it was for employees only and Jake was ordering chicken and gave off a vibe he wanted to be left alone. Thats why its an ALMOST situation. I just backed off.

You probably did the right thing. I met Jake Roberts and...well, he's a very scary person...got an autograph out of him, but I wasn't sure whether he was going to bust my fuckin' head open in the process or not...and I don't think he said more than two words to me during the whole meeting, but he did maintain some seriously nasty eye contact. Kinda scary...

Soul Reaper
07-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
You probably did the right thing. I met Jake Roberts and...well, he's a very scary person...got an autograph out of him, but I wasn't sure whether he was going to bust my fuckin' head open in the process or not...and I don't think he said more than two words to me during the whole meeting, but he did maintain some seriously nasty eye contact. Kinda scary...

you met jake roberts??!!

have you met any other wrestlers?

Full Bug
07-13-2005, 12:52 PM
If he had whipped out a crack pipe I bet Jake would have been alot nicer to him, lol....

Big Troubles
07-13-2005, 01:26 PM
If he had whipped out a crack pipe I bet Jake would have been alot nicer to him, lol....

Big Troubles
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM

Im not putting Hoagn down, but VH1 doesn't really have a large audience to begin with. I think they are only in like 1 million homes.
Putting "Hogan Knows Best" on Spike Tv, USA, NBC, ABC, or CBS would have spawned off a failure of a rating.

Dave's Bitch
07-13-2005, 03:33 PM
ive met........JOE X LEGEND
i shook his hand

bueno bob
07-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
you met jake roberts??!!

have you met any other wrestlers?

Jake Roberts, Hercules Hernandez, Bret Hart, Koko B. Ware, Brutus Beefcake, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Lanny Poffo, Hillbilly Jim, Don Muraco, Roddy Piper (used to work with his daughter, in fact), Tito Santana, Jim Duggan, Lex Lugar...one or two others, I forget who...it's been a lot of years, as you can tell by my list...

bueno bob
07-13-2005, 05:48 PM

Odds are, lmao... :)

Seriously, though, of all the guys I met, Roberts was the one where you couldn't decide where Jake Roberts began and The Snake ended...I think Vince said almost exactly the same thing in one documentary or another, maybe it was Beyond the Mat?

bueno bob
07-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Oh yes! And these three: Owen Hart (as the Blue Blazer), and Shawn and Marty when they were The Rockers.

Fairwrning
07-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Jake Roberts, Hercules Hernandez, Bret Hart, Koko B. Ware, Brutus Beefcake, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Lanny Poffo, Hillbilly Jim, Don Muraco, Roddy Piper (used to work with his daughter, in fact), Tito Santana, Jim Duggan, Lex Lugar...one or two others, I forget who...it's been a lot of years, as you can tell by my list...

damn..nice list..I met a few when i worked at a Marriott hotel..Flair..Lugar..Arn Anderson..Nikita Koloff..hmm..maybe that was all..
Flair is a class act....or was a long time ago..hell, this was late 80's...

bobbybrady
07-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I first thought it was a shoot.
But it was definitely a work.
WWE.com already posted some of Matt's comments that he posted on his own message board.
It was executed very well though. Kudos to Vince and Matt for pulling that one off.

Matt's run-in on RAW...
http://rapidshare.de/files/2987761/v1.mpg.html
and tonight BYTE THIS! Matt phone-in on Lita...

Lita and Matt audio from today's BYTE THIS!! show...
Length 11:52
File Size 10.87Mb
http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WHT7JA1VDK5O02ZLECDFGCA9E

VonHalen
07-13-2005, 10:31 PM
cool

Full Bug
07-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by bobbybrady

Lita and Matt audio from today's BYTE THIS!! show...
Length 11:52
File Size 10.87Mb
http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WHT7JA1VDK5O02ZLECDFGCA9E
Now that was, ummm, interesting, hard to tell with Matt whats a shoot and what isnt, Lita sure didnt have much to say...

Dave's Bitch
07-14-2005, 11:45 AM

you've MET BRET HART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
omg im so jealous of you bob,he is my all time fav wrestler,the pink and black attack,the exelence of execution,the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be.omg your so lucky

bueno bob
07-14-2005, 01:18 PM
you've MET BRET HART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg im so jealous of you bob,he is my all time fav wrestler,the pink and black attack,the excellence of execution, the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be. omg your so lucky

Yeah, he was an alright guy - chatted with him for about 15 minutes or so before his match...he was up against...um...Honky Tonk Man that night (after Honky lost the I-C title to Warrior). Bret won, as I recall.

VonHalen
07-14-2005, 06:35 PM
ricky steamboat, great wrestler

Big Troubles
07-15-2005, 09:04 AM
ugh.... Ricky Steamboat was a great wrestler, but unfortunatley he was also overrated. The best matches of his entire 30 plus year career happened in 1989 w/Flair. Id put others higher up.

In fact: (For entertainment and wrestling ability)

Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
Ric Flair
Hulk Hogan
Kurt Angle
Eddie Guerrero
RVD
Ricky Steamboat
Ric Rude (First reported guy to pic up a mic in mid ring and cut a promo before his matches on a regular basis)
Undertaker

monkeythe
07-15-2005, 04:00 PM
It was exciting seeing Animal last night until he took his spiked vest off. I am very afraid of seeing him in the ring for a whole match, and to make it worse with Heidenreich as his partner.

As far as Steamboat goes, you should check out his stuff from his first WWF run. His matches against Savage, Muraco & Jake the Snake are classics and avaiable on different tapes. Tougher to find is his NWA matches from before entering the WWF but it is well worth tracking down. The easiest to find are his Starrcade matches (83 w/Jay Younblood vs The Briscoes & 84 vs Tully Blanchard) By the way, I woudn't knock Steamboat for having those incredible matches with Flair. They are the best matches of Flair's 30 plus year career also.

VonHalen
07-15-2005, 04:16 PM
tully blanchard was good also

VonHalen
07-15-2005, 04:16 PM
hell the original 4 Horsemen

bueno bob
07-15-2005, 04:43 PM
It was exciting seeing Animal last night until he took his spiked vest off. I am very afraid of seeing him in the ring for a whole match, and to make it worse with Heidenreich as his partner.

As far as Steamboat goes, you should check out his stuff from his first WWF run. His matches against Savage, Muraco & Jake the Snake are classics and avaiable on different tapes. Tougher to find is his NWA matches from before entering the WWF but it is well worth tracking down. The easiest to find are his Starrcade matches (83 w/Jay Younblood vs The Briscoes & 84 vs Tully Blanchard) By the way, I woudn't knock Steamboat for having those incredible matches with Flair. They are the best matches of Flair's 30 plus year career also.

Agreed. Ricky's first WWF run was outstanding...bringing him back as "The Dragon" and having him up against jobbers was stupid...the matches against Flair were outstanding, without a doubt...

VonHalen
07-15-2005, 06:26 PM
what ever happened to the Von Erichs, I think theres one or two left that are still alive

Dave's Bitch
07-15-2005, 08:22 PM
a always thought fritz was the odd one out in the von erichs.he was the least talented and kinda flabby

monkeythe
07-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by VonHalen
what ever happened to the Von Erichs, I think theres one or two left that are still alive

In regards to the last post, Fritz was the dad.
Jack VE died was electrocuted as a child
David VE died in Japan of an "intestinal" problem though others think drugs were involved
Kerry VE committed suicide when he was sentenced to jail time on a drug charge
Mike VE killed himself shortly after battling medical problems resukting from a shoulder surgery infection
Chris VE killed himself because he wasn't going to be a superstar like his brothers due to a medicine he was taking that made his bones brittle
Fritz died a few years ago.
Kevin is still alive & recently released a DVD called Best of the Von Erichs.
Lance VE was not really a cousin of the family & lives in South Africa

EbDawson
07-16-2005, 02:52 AM

Kerry VE committed suicide when he was sentenced to jail time on a drug charge

I threw the discus against Kerry in High School. Well sort of, he was a senior and I was a freshmen, he was throwing 180 feet and I was throwing 110. He won state his senior year and had a good freshman year at the Univ. of Houston. I always thought he could have made a good run at the 84 Olympics but he went into wrestling full time. He had been throwing 180, 190 as a freshman in college.

VHdamaco
07-16-2005, 03:15 AM
i've met nikolai volkoff and the patriot... both at the show of promotion kyda pro...

my best buddy was actually the tag partner of volkoff for a few months...

monkeythe
07-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
I threw the discus against Kerry in High School. Well sort of, he was a senior and I was a freshmen, he was throwing 180 feet and I was throwing 110. He won state his senior year and had a good freshman year at the Univ. of Houston. I always thought he could have made a good run at the 84 Olympics but he went into wrestling full time. He had been throwing 180, 190 as a freshman in college.

He supposedly was to go to the Olympics in 1980 until Carter backed the US out of them

rustoffa
07-16-2005, 10:03 PM
James J. Dillon, the manager of the famed Four Horsemen, will take the stage at 7 p.m. to discuss his new book "Wrestlers Are Like Seagulls".

LMFAO!!!!

Rarely do we have an opportunity to meet our childhood heroes, to
come face to face with legends and icons. Soon, we will again have
that chance.

The NWA Wrestling Legends Fanfest, with more than three dozen former NWA wrestling heroes and villains, takes place August 19-21 at the Hilton University Place Hotel in Charlotte, North Carolina. Some of the greatest names associated with the National Wrestling Alliance and Jim Crockett Promotions in the 1970s and 1980s will be here, not only to renew old friendships (and rivalries), but to meet and greet and talk over old times with their fans.

Many of you are already familiar with what "Fanfest" is all about. Recent fanfests have attracted fans from 44 states, Canada and Japan. But, some may be hearing and reading about fanfest for the very first time. For fans and enthusiasts, it will be a wonderful and special opportunity to celebrate a great era in wrestling history.

The NWA Wrestling Legends Fanfest is a three-day weekend of fun; a "dream come true" for any old-school wrestling enthusiast. The weekend affords us an opportunity to meet, chat with and get autographs from the legendary performers from our childhood. There will be autograph signings with each of the wrestling legends, chances to get your photo taken with the wrestling greats, memorabilia displays and, basically, "everything under the sun" that a wrestling fan could want. Bob Caudle, the legendary TV voice of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, will emcee the weekend's festivities. And this year, for the first time ever, fanfest will include live wrestling matches that will showcase some of today's brightest young stars and "future legends."

VIP ticketholders will have special access to the event, including FOUR exclusive "Question & Answer" sessions. Friday night will feature three Q&As. James J. Dillon, the manager of the famed Four Horsemen, will take the stage at 7 p.m. to discuss his new book "Wrestlers Are Like Seagulls". Former NWA world champion Terry Funk will follow at 9 p.m. and, for nearly two hours, will take questions from fans, share tales from the road, and who knows what else will happen in this no-holds-barred exchange. Lastly, Jim Cornette returns with a late-night "Louisville Slugger" that is sure to stir controversy in the wrestling business. (Cornette's last fanfest Q&A appearance drew rave reviews and was highlighted by a shouting match and confrontation with members of the rap group Insane Clown Posse.)

Plus, we are happy to have the incomparable Bret Hart as a very special guest. Widely considered by his peers to be the most technically proficient wrestler of this generation, "The Hitman" will be with us on Sunday, August 21. Bret will be signing autographs as one of our featured guests, posing for photos with fans, and taking part in our first-ever Sunday afternoon VIP Q&A session.

Advance tickets are on sale now! There are three ticket options, including our VIP "All Access" Pass which gets you early access to each day's activities, priority seating at the Autograph Stage, exclusive admission to our Friday night and Sunday afternoon "Question-and-Answer Sessions," ringside seats for the Saturday night wrestling matches, and much, much more. New this time around, VIP ticketholders will have guaranteed priority for all activities, with the placement being determined by the date of ticket purchase. (So the moral of the story is: the sooner you buy your ticket, the better spot you'll have in line.)

These website pages contain most, if not all the information you will need
about this huge event. As we get questions, we will answer them here: Frequently Asked Questions.

As we get closer to the event, more details will be made available and more legendary participants will be announced. The NWA wrestling legends confirmed thus far include Harley Race, Dory Funk Jr., Terry Funk, Jack Brisco, Barry Windham, Bobby Heenan, Ole Anderson, James J. Dillon, Stan Hansen, Dick Slater, Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, Jim Cornette, Dennis Condrey, Bobby Eaton, Paul Jones, Baron Von Raschke, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, Masked Superstar, The Barbarian, Ken Patera, Tony Atlas, Mr. Wrestling II, Greg Valentine, Brad Armstrong, "Playboy" Gary Hart, Denny Brown, Ox Baker, Sir Oliver Humperdink, Tracy Smothers, Bob Caudle, Penny Banner, George South, Bill White, Ron Rossi, and The Mulkeys.

Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a truly special weekend in the heart of the greatest wrestling territory ever.

Get Your Fanfest Tickets Now!

Once you're into fanfest, there is NO EXTRA CHARGE for autographs from any of our featured guests.

You have three ticket options to choose from:

Single-Day Ticket: $39.00
3-Day Weekend Pass: $69.00
VIP All Access Pass: $99.00

NWALEGENDS.COM

EbDawson
07-17-2005, 01:29 AM
He supposedly was to go to the Olympics in 1980 until Carter backed the US out of them

Well he must have only been 20 in 1980. Carter decided to boycott the 1980 games which was one of the stupidest things he did. This must have been before the track and field US trials but Kerry would have had a good shot and getting a spot. He had had the top throw in the world for a 19 year old I believe. I guess he didn't want to wait around for 4 more years for the 84 games, damn shame. He left college after his soph. year.

Soul Reaper
07-17-2005, 06:47 AM

Oh yes! And these three: Owen Hart (as the Blue Blazer), and Shawn and Marty when they were The Rockers.

nice, bueno bob!

wrestlers hardly ever go anywhere near Huddersfield!

Soul Reaper
07-17-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by VHdamaco

what was his name?

monkeythe
07-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Cool hanging out with wrestlers story. When ECW debuted in Queens, the original place they held events (Lost BAtallion Hall) was next door to Goldfingers (an upscale gentlemans club). After the show my freinds & I went to Goldfingers and a while later many on the ECW roster showed up at the club. The wrestlers were very friendly and I got to shoot pool with some of them and we were buying each other drinks and dances. I'd prefer not to mention any specific names because of the adult nature of the evening.

Big Troubles
07-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by VHdamaco
i've met nikolai volkoff and the patriot... both at the show of promotion kyda pro...

you are 18 and your "best buddy" was Nicolai Volkoff's( a 60+ yr old vet) tag team partner for a few months? :confused:

Maybe you meant to say your Uncle or Grandfather? ;)

monkeythe
07-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Raw looks really bad next week. So far it looks like this:
1 - Battle of the Bands: Fozzy vs Cena & The Chain Gang
2 - Another Diva installment
3 - Stretcher match: Edge vs Kane (& some fan will probably run in as he did this week - Apparantly JR forgot who Matt HArdy is)
4 - Another Carlito vs Shelton "I Keep missing all my high risk moves" Benjamin
5 - Big SHow in the Masterlock challange

Soul Reaper
07-19-2005, 12:41 PM
you are 18 and your "best buddy" was Nicolai Volkoff's( a 60+ yr old vet) tag team partner for a few months? :confused:

Maybe you meant to say your Uncle or Grandfather? ;)

i wonder if he got mized up with him and Nikita Koloff.

anyway, what was your best buddy's wrestling name?!

Full Bug
07-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Earl Hebner fired by WWE

by Dave Meltzer

dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Earl Hebner, the most well known referee in U.S. pro wrestling, was fired earlier today by WWE, allegedly for selling merchandise without authorization.

Reports that Dave Hebner was fired are said to be incorrect at the moment, although he was alleged to be involved and has been disciplined.

Earl Hebner has been with the company since 1988 when he played the role of heel Dave Hebner in the Andre the Giant title win over Hulk Hogan in Indianapolis. He's easily the most famous referee in pro wrestling history, stemming from his officiating the 1997 Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels match in Montreal where he ordered the bell rung on Hart. He was belived to have been the highest paid referee in the history of pro wrestling since that time as a reward for choosing to do what the company asked of him after promising not to do so to Hart, one of his best friends in the company.

He had refereed most main events on PPV for the past decade.
----------------------
Somewhere Bret Hart must be smiling....

Full Bug
07-19-2005, 02:06 PM

4 - Another Carlito vs Shelton "I Keep missing all my high risk moves" Benjamin
5 - Big Show in the Masterlock challange
Thats funny, he did miss alot of spots last night didnt he....
I cant believe they keep a talentless piece of shit like Masters and let guys like the Dudleys go to save money, never mind the money spent on the Diva garbage, was great to see the crowd chant boring during that thing last night, of course Vince wont listen.....:rolleyes:

Vinnie Velvet
07-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Earl Hebner fired by WWE

by Dave Meltzer

Earl Hebner, the most well known referee in U.S. pro wrestling, was fired earlier today by WWE, allegedly for selling merchandise without authorization.

Reports that Dave Hebner was fired are said to be incorrect at the moment, although he was alleged to be involved and has been disciplined.

Earl Hebner has been with the company since 1988 when he played the role of heel Dave Hebner in the Andre the Giant title win over Hulk Hogan in Indianapolis. He's easily the most famous referee in pro wrestling history, stemming from his officiating the 1997 Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels match in Montreal where he ordered the bell rung on Hart. He was belived to have been the highest paid referee in the history of pro wrestling since that time as a reward for choosing to do what the company asked of him after promising not to do so to Hart, one of his best friends in the company.

----------------------

Kinda stupid of him to do that.

He was liked by many wrestlers (well, can't fault him on '97 -- just following Vince's orders).

Big Troubles
07-19-2005, 05:09 PM
i wonder if he got mized up with him and Nikita Koloff.

anyway, what was your best buddy's wrestling name?!

Even Nikita is in his 50's... Isn't he? Oh well. :( My best friends buddy is the Grand Wizard of Wrestling. :D

Big Troubles
My younger sister is Moolah.

Big Troubles
Ok I'll stop now. FAK!

monkeythe
07-20-2005, 08:07 PM
In honor of the upcoming Great American Bash, it's Bash trivia time:

1 - At the first GAB in 1985, one of the highlights was Ric Flair's entrance to the ring. What vehicle was used to get Flair to his match?

2 - The 1986 Bash featured the best of 7 series for the US title between these cold war enemies. WHo fought for the title & as a bonus what was the outcome of the series

3 - The 1987 tour featured a steel cage match for the title beween Ric Flair & Jimmy Garvin. What was it that Flair won by winning this match?

4 - The 1988 Bash was the first truely unopposed PPV by the NWA & features the lamest ending to a title match. Why was the Flair vs Luger title match stopped?

5 - The 1989 Bash (& my favorite PPV of all time) featured Ric Flair against Terry Funk in Flair's first match since winning the title at Wrestlewar. Why didn't Flair defend the title since that incredible match against STeamboat?

6 - The 1990 Bash featured Sting winning his first title from Flair. He had several people at ringside watching his back to stop the interference of the Horsemen. What was the name of FLair's do-gooder brigade?

7 - The 91 Bash is considered one of the worst PPV's ever. This match is most known for the chants the fans were making, which ironically when the first letter of each word is put together spells W.W.F. What was this chant that was heard for the next several months?

8 - The 92 Bash featured the last few rounds of the tag title tournament that started during the previous Clash of Champions. FOr some stupid reason, the first quarterfinal match (which everyone thought was going to be the final match of the tournament) was held at the Clash. Name the tag team that lost that match & thus wasn't at the BAsh.

9 - The 96 Bash is known for what person turning on his tag team partner and joining the illustrious 4 Horsemen (hint: he started his WCW career as an announcer)

10 - The 2000 BAsh featured a pure wrestlecrap match between STing and Vampiro. What type of match (thankfully never seen since) did they have?

Big Troubles
07-20-2005, 08:26 PM

1 - At the first GAB in 1985, one of the highlights was Ric Flair's entrance to the ring. What vehicle was used to get Flair to his match?

2 - The 1986 Bash featured the best of 7 series for the US title between these cold war enemies. WHo fought for the title & as a bonus what was the outcome of the series

3 - The 1987 tour featured a steel cage match for the title beween Ric Flair & Jimmy Garvin. What was it that Flair won by winning this match?

4 - The 1988 Bash was the first truely unopposed PPV by the NWA & features the lamest ending to a title match. Why was the Flair vs Luger title match stopped?

5 - The 1989 Bash (& my favorite PPV of all time) featured Ric Flair against Terry Funk in Flair's first match since winning the title at Wrestlewar. Why didn't Flair defend the title since that incredible match against STeamboat?

6 - The 1990 Bash featured Sting winning his first title from Flair. He had several people at ringside watching his back to stop the interference of the Horsemen. What was the name of FLair's do-gooder brigade?

7 - The 91 Bash is considered one of the worst PPV's ever. This match is most known for the chants the fans were making, which ironically when the first letter of each word is put together spells W.W.F. What was this chant that was heard for the next several months?

8 - The 92 Bash featured the last few rounds of the tag title tournament that started during the previous Clash of Champions. FOr some stupid reason, the first quarterfinal match (which everyone thought was going to be the final match of the tournament) was held at the Clash. Name the tag team that lost that match & thus wasn't at the BAsh.

9 - The 96 Bash is known for what person turning on his tag team partner and joining the illustrious 4 Horsemen (hint: he started his WCW career as an announcer)

10 - The 2000 BAsh featured a pure wrestlecrap match between STing and Vampiro. What type of match (thankfully never seen since) did they have?

1 Caddilac
2 Nikita Koloff and Dusty Rhodes? ended in a draw
3 the championship belt? crooked referee?
4 ref stopped fight due to blood
5 after winning the title from steamboat, he went to Atlantic City and partied his ass off. Woke up few months later and it was title defense time? :D
6 The do-gooder brigade. :lol:
7 we want flair
8 Hmmm. I remember a Gordy/Williams vs Freebirds? Douglas and Steamer?
9 Mongo? heenan? why dont I remember this...? *takes another toke*
0 something about burning and burying the person? Christ I did shitty. Guess I was too busy watching WWF.

I litteraly missed alot of stuff. I started watching WcW in 92/93. Even then, I missed shit along the way.

Hey remember the Minotaur- Steve Disalvo? :D

Big Troubles
07-20-2005, 08:28 PM
I was fucking hooked on him. scary and ugly as shit.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://bodyslamming.com/other/pics/stevedisalvo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://bodyslamming.com/other/stevedisalvo.html&h=240&w=320&sz=24&tbnid=Nx0xmc-BWmMJ:&tbnh=84&tbnw=113&hl=en&start=2&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsteve%2Bdisalvo%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3De n%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26rls%3DDVXA,DVXA:2005-22,DVXA:en

Big Troubles
07-20-2005, 08:28 PM
so monkeythe, am I closeon any of those answers? :)

monkeythe
07-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Answers either correct or close:
#4 - Flair vs Luger stopped due to blood
#7 - We Want Flair (btw, I was at a card in the Meadowlands a few days before the PPV and when they announced what happened to Flair at about the midway point of the show, the rest of the time the crowd chanted We Want Flair & threw so much stuff in the ring they stopped one of the matches (I think Austin vs Eaton) and threatened to stop the rest of the card if the garbage throwing didn't stop)
#9 - One of your answers is right
#10 - Very close

I'm going to be off the boards till Tuesday so everyone keep guessing

Soul Reaper
07-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Earl Hebner fired by WWE

by Dave Meltzer

----------------------

oh well, i think that teh referees are the worst actors in the WWE anyway. but i thought Earl was good.

Full Bug
07-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Lord Al Hayes dead at 77

Remembering Lord Alfred Hayes -- who died Wednesday at age 77 -- as just the buffoon second-banana on the WWF Tuesday Night Titans is to do a huge injustice to one of the greatest wrestlers ever to come out of the United Kingdom.

Beginning to wrestle in the early 1950s in Britain, the 5-foot-9, 238-pound "Judo" Al Hayes was a top-notch heel wherever he wrestled in the 1960s and 1970s, including Florida, the Central States territory and Texas. He was usually billed as being from Windermere, England.

Then, in 1982, he joined the expanding WWF under Vince McMahon Jr., and upped the Britishness of his act. He was in countless skits on Tuesday Night Titans, The Bobby Heenan Show and the various WWF programs, as well as serving as commentator on matches on those shows.

He recalled the skits in a 2000 interview with the Wrestling Perspective newsletter. "Yeah, I didn't mind doing those at all. They were good. One or two of them I didn't because I didn't want to and that was okay. Vince [McMahon] said, 'Okay, we'll get somebody else to do that.'"

Besides his work as a wrestler and announcer, Hayes served as a heel manager in the American Wrestling Association as well.

"I did some managing that I didn't really want to do, but I did it up in Minneapolis. Verne Gagne persuaded me to," Hayes said in Wrestling Perspective. "I said to him, 'No, I don't want to be a manager because when you?re a manager, you go in and you do the main event and the wrestler gets the money and you who do all the work and all the talking get nothing.' So he said, 'I'll pay you what the main event gets.' So that's how much he wanted me to manage."

Some of the names he managed included Billy Robinson and the Super Destroyer (Bob Remus, aka Sgt. Slaughter).

After his time in the WWF came to an end in 1995, he faced a number of health challenges. At the 2001 Cauliflower Alley Club reunion, he was in a wheelchair.

For the last number of years, Hayes lived on his own in Dallas, Texas. When a stubbed toe led to an infection, which led to gangrene, he had to have part of a leg amputated.

Full Bug
07-21-2005, 04:23 PM
I always thought he was kind of an idiot.....But funny at times...

Soul Reaper
07-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Lord Al Hayes dead at 77

Remembering Lord Alfred Hayes -- who died Wednesday at age 77 -- as just the buffoon second-banana on the WWF Tuesday Night Titans is to do a huge injustice to one of the greatest wrestlers ever to come out of the United Kingdom.

Beginning to wrestle in the early 1950s in Britain, the 5-foot-9, 238-pound "Judo" Al Hayes was a top-notch heel wherever he wrestled in the 1960s and 1970s, including Florida, the Central States territory and Texas. He was usually billed as being from Windermere, England.

Then, in 1982, he joined the expanding WWF under Vince McMahon Jr., and upped the Britishness of his act. He was in countless skits on Tuesday Night Titans, The Bobby Heenan Show and the various WWF programs, as well as serving as commentator on matches on those shows.

He recalled the skits in a 2000 interview with the Wrestling Perspective newsletter. "Yeah, I didn't mind doing those at all. They were good. One or two of them I didn't because I didn't want to and that was okay. Vince [McMahon] said, 'Okay, we'll get somebody else to do that.'"

Besides his work as a wrestler and announcer, Hayes served as a heel manager in the American Wrestling Association as well.

"I did some managing that I didn't really want to do, but I did it up in Minneapolis. Verne Gagne persuaded me to," Hayes said in Wrestling Perspective. "I said to him, 'No, I don't want to be a manager because when you?re a manager, you go in and you do the main event and the wrestler gets the money and you who do all the work and all the talking get nothing.' So he said, 'I'll pay you what the main event gets.' So that's how much he wanted me to manage."

Some of the names he managed included Billy Robinson and the Super Destroyer (Bob Remus, aka Sgt. Slaughter).

After his time in the WWF came to an end in 1995, he faced a number of health challenges. At the 2001 Cauliflower Alley Club reunion, he was in a wheelchair.

For the last number of years, Hayes lived on his own in Dallas, Texas. When a stubbed toe led to an infection, which led to gangrene, he had to have part of a leg amputated.

who's this guy?!

i'll have a look on Obsessed With Wrestling

Soul Reaper
07-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Wrestler: Lord Alfred Hayes
Birthday: August 1928
Hometown: Originally Great Britian
Currently resides in Dallas, Texas
Marital Status:
Height & Weight:
Trained by:
Debut: 1950
Previous Gimmicks: "Judo" Al Hayes
Finishing Move:
Favorite Moves:
Notable Feuds: Johnny Weaver

Big Troubles
07-21-2005, 05:02 PM
meh.... he never really did anything for me. Kept fucking up the moves and seemingly botched most wrestling matches with his horrible OVER-acting/commentating. Remember when he turned heel announcer? Jesus, that was horrible. He did a bunch of Coliseum videos for WWF along with Sean Mooney and Mooney played the straigth guy. Blah....

but.... RIP. :)

PumpedUpMidget
07-21-2005, 05:04 PM
How come there is no midget wrestling televised anymore???

Full Bug
07-21-2005, 05:40 PM
He did a bunch of Coliseum videos for WWF along with Sean Mooney and Mooney played the straigth guy. Blah....

Yeah, thats what I remember about him more then anything, always on those old videos, I remember he pushed the Bushwackers big time on commentary, lame...

Full Bug
07-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Looks like the Muhammad Hassan character may be on the way out....

Regarding the 1wrestling.com story about UPN wanting Muhammad Hassan permanently off Smackdown, we've been able to confirm that is the case. I would presume he would have to go back to Raw and complain about unfair persecution (as opposed to corporate unbelievably bad foresight/borderline outright stupidity, I guess). Who knows if Spike will or won't care. The other alternative is to do away with the character this weekend. At this point that's the smart move, because moving him to Spike would be dangerous if the New York Times and other New York media follows up, because it's just more bad pub and Spike would react the same way, and WWE would look even worse, and at this point any follow-up negative pub would cause advertiser issues which they can't afford at this time. I would presume the scheduled Batista vs. Hassan Smackdown title match plans for SummerSlam is not happening and they'll have to at least consider re-booking finishes for one, and perhaps two matches for Sunday.

Full Bug
07-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
Do we really have to answer that? You cant figure out why?

VonHalen
07-21-2005, 06:12 PM
nobody cares, shame though, i thought it was funny, same for the old womens G.L.O.W. - i think that was the name of it

tjvhou812
07-21-2005, 06:18 PM
its all about the game

Fairwrning
07-21-2005, 06:26 PM
there should be midget ultimate fighting...that would be interesting

tjvhou812
07-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by fairwrning

now that would make for interesting tv

Big Troubles
07-22-2005, 12:17 AM

there is, they are just wrestling on the Jerry Springer show instead. ;)

Big Troubles
07-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by fairwrning

Id train to get in there and beat the shit out of them. Its always been a fantasy of mine. Beat the living pulp out of someone half my size. :D After watching last season's Sureal Life Id fall asleep at night wanting to kill Mini Me. Still do in fact. Hmmm.... No offense to any 'idgets reading this, but you guys really freak me out. :D Some people dont like clowns... :D

StarJammer
07-22-2005, 12:21 AM
I miss the J.Y.D.!!!:(

Soul Reaper
07-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Looks like the Muhammad Hassan character may be on the way out....

Regarding the 1wrestling.com story about UPN wanting Muhammad Hassan permanently off Smackdown, we've been able to confirm that is the case. I would presume he would have to go back to Raw and complain about unfair persecution (as opposed to corporate unbelievably bad foresight/borderline outright stupidity, I guess). Who knows if Spike will or won't care. The other alternative is to do away with the character this weekend. At this point that's the smart move, because moving him to Spike would be dangerous if the New York Times and other New York media follows up, because it's just more bad pub and Spike would react the same way, and WWE would look even worse, and at this point any follow-up negative pub would cause advertiser issues which they can't afford at this time. I would presume the scheduled Batista vs. Hassan Smackdown title match plans for SummerSlam is not happening and they'll have to at least consider re-booking finishes for one, and perhaps two matches for Sunday.

i wonder if this is because of that 'terroist' storyline.

I don't think much of Muhammed Hussan. His gimmick sucks and is stereotypical.

bueno bob
07-22-2005, 02:35 PM
It's old...just Iron Sheik revisited...

Full Bug
07-22-2005, 04:29 PM
i wonder if this is because of that 'terroist' storyline.

Thats exactly the reason, or at least the final straw, thats where all the negative publicity came from....

Dave's Bitch
07-22-2005, 04:36 PM
[B]i wonder if this is because of that 'terroist' storyline.

i think its sick really that whole gimmick

Full Bug
07-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Good read on some bad and tasteless wrestling angles....
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=dursin/050720

Soul Reaper
07-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks for that FUll Bug!

5 stars!

Soul Reaper
07-23-2005, 12:01 PM
It's old...just Iron Sheik revisited...

except Iron Sheik was better

superdave
07-23-2005, 12:03 PM
I had forgotten about Lesnar pushing that one legged dude down those stairs

Soul Reaper
07-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by superdave
I had forgotten about Lesnar pushing that one legged dude down those stairs

he did that?!!

tastelessness at it's highest.

superdave
07-23-2005, 12:15 PM
yeah--it was almost funny

Another thing that I had saw was back in the mid 80's, Skandor Akbar came to the ring and threw a 'fireball' at Iceman Parsons. I had never seen that in wrestling before

rustoffa
07-24-2005, 08:42 PM

Another thing that I had saw was back in the mid 80's, Skandor Akbar came to the ring and threw a 'fireball' at Iceman Parsons. I had never seen that in wrestling before

January, 1975

Big Troubles
07-25-2005, 12:03 AM

why do I remember this happening to Duggan as well? That right? See thats a good chunck of wrestling I didn't watch. That was 1988?

Toni Montana
07-25-2005, 02:14 AM
rasslin' itself and itz stoopid fanz are the embarassment. putoz like with names like bad bill and blue avenger. blue avenger wears blue underwear and a blue mask and has orange skin thanx to the tanning machine. this queerbait rolls around with in his blue speedos with corporal punishment, who looks like a drogas addicion in camoflauge.

all there interviews go like this,"lemme tell you brother! I'm gonna blah blah blah!!!" then they go to the ring and have a fake fight where the punches dont look real at all. and estupidos like you stand and cheer when the bad guy wrestler gets beat and you boo when he cheats. it is so obviously fake. anyone who watches it has the brain of a retardo and dont know his dick from his ass.

if toni montana wants to watch real athletes fight. toni montana will watch ufc or boxing and not some gay circus clowns in underwear.

Big Troubles
07-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Toni Montana
rasslin' itself and itz stoopid fanz are the embarassment. putoz like with names like bad bill and blue avenger. blue avenger wears blue underwear and a blue mask and has orange skin thanx to the tanning machine. this queerbait rolls around with in his blue speedos with corporal punishment, who looks like a drogas addicion in camoflauge.

all there interviews go like this,"lemme tell you brother! I'm gonna blah blah blah!!!" then they go to the ring and have a fake fight where the punches dont look real at all. and estupidos like you stand and cheer when the bad guy wrestler gets beat and you boo when he cheats. it is so obviously fake. anyone who watches it has the brain of a retardo and dont know his dick from his ass.

if toni montana wants to watch real athletes fight. toni montana will watch ufc or boxing and not some gay circus clowns in underwear.

all I know is that "Hooked on Phonics" didn't work for you! So like is there a question in there somewhere, or were you just pickin' the chicken from between your tooth?

BTW, if you are going to keep up with your marvelous attitude, you may want to strap yourself in for a really fucking bumpy ride Jim-Bob. Nobody; who is anybody around here, pulls punches. FW. ;)

Dave's Bitch
07-25-2005, 10:42 AM
i liked what happend to hassan lastnight at the ppv.we wont be seeing him for a while

Soul Reaper
07-25-2005, 11:28 AM

*sighs*

this is just a copy of what you wrote in my Shockmaster thread

Full Bug
07-25-2005, 12:23 PM
i liked what happend to hassan lastnight at the ppv.we wont be seeing him for a while
I bet he will be back in a few months once the story dies down....

Dave's Bitch
07-25-2005, 02:02 PM
I bet he will be back in a few months once the story dies down....

i wouldn't be surprised if vince try's out hassan gets brain damage from the last ride and forgets his arab american thing then claims to love america.i really wouldn't be surprised by that

monkeythe
07-25-2005, 08:46 PM

Helicopter
Nikita Koloff 4 MAgnum TA 3
A date with Precious
A tiny cut on Luger's head
Neck injury suffered when Terry Funk attacked Flair after his final 89 classic with Steamboat
Dudes with Attitudes
We Want Flair
The Steiner Brothers
Steve McMichael
Human Torch MAtch

rustoffa
07-25-2005, 09:03 PM
the brain of a retardo and dont know his dick from his ass.

You sell chicklets© with a mouth like that?
:confused:

monkeythe
07-25-2005, 10:45 PM

I hope you were watching Raw tonight

Big Troubles
07-25-2005, 11:12 PM
worst Raw ever. when the divas are the highlight of the show, there is something wrong. Michaels prmo was gold and everything else blew dog nuts.

Dave's Bitch
07-25-2005, 11:16 PM
the HBK interview MUST have been a shoot interview because everything he said was soooo true.

HBK IS BACK

rustoffa
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Recap of Bubba Ray Dudley on Between the Ropes
by Richard Trionfo

This week Bubba Ray Dudley appeared in studio with Fritz, Dickerman, and Vito DeNucci on Between the Ropes to go into further detail about the issues that were discussed on The Buckethead show on Real Rock 101.1 as well as some new subjects. Bubba talks about the current situation with the WWE, what might be happening with the Dudley Boys in the future, the recent WWE releases, and other matters in the world of wrestling.

Bubba said that negotiations with the WWE came to an end. They were close on the number, but the Dudleys wanted a little raise after six years of loyal employment. The WWE wanted them to take a pay cut based on the current landscape. They would have to pay big money to keep the Dudleys, but who would they wrestle right now. Why invest in a million dollar sports car when you can only drive it once a year.

The announcement was surprising because they were close to a deal. They were ready to take the WWE deal. They were willing to be team players and try to get a few side things to make it better like pay per views or overseas tour. Then the deal was gone. Maybe they are thinking that once the tag team division improves, they can bring the Dudleys back.

When they knew they were going on hiatus, Vince asked them what they thought about ECW. They talked for about an hour to get some ideas. Bubba said that they aren’t talking about WCW. People want ECW to come back. Bubba said the ECW DVD would be a best seller, but Vince did not seem too confident that it would do so well. The pay per view was Rob Van Dam’s idea. He went to Vince and planted the seed in Vince’s head to do the ECW pay per view. He would think that if they did another show, it could be done in Philadelphia.

The contract expires on August 26, 2005, so they are still under contract with the WWE. They left the WWE on good terms. They have no hard feelings towards the WWE. They have talked to Vince by e-mail. In their six years, they had the greatest run of any tag team. They did more than Demolition or the Hart Foundation. They were not happy with the way the situation was handled, but it is water under the bridge. Bubba said that they volunteered to go down to OVW to work with MNM. Bubba is a big fan of Joey Matthews. They will be a good tag team even though they have a wannabe 3-D finish. Bubba is optimistic about the situation and does not think that you have seen the last of the Dudleys in the WWE. It will mean something when they come back.

If you are going to come back and make a mark, you do it right and that happened at the ECW pay per view. Bubba thought it was a great pay per view. It was not the most technically sound pay per view, but it was one of the most emotional pay per views. 3,000 screaming fans in New York would outdo 70,000 screaming fans in Houston any day. When they went on the air until they went off the air, everyone was on their feet and having the time of their lives. After they came to the ring for their match, the camera did not shoot Bubba during Sandman’s entrance because he was singing along with Enter Sandman. He wanted to be in the center of the ring with Sandman’s music playing because he knew what was going to happen. Steve Austin coming out was the icing on the cake because he was a part of ECW.

Television did the pay per view no justice. It was so much more incredible live because of all of the energy. There was a different feeling in the locker room, but he was able to be in the locker room with. He is more of a WWE guy because he has been in the WWE for 6 years while he spent 4 years in the WWE. It was like oil and water with the WWE guys in the locker room with the ECW guys.

Paul Heyman was foaming at the mouth during the pay per view. He wanted to get out there so badly to get things off his chest. It was like Paul sticking out his finger to the world telling everyone that this style would not be around if not for him. Bubba said that Van Dam took a lot of liberties when he got to speak at the pay per view.

ECW is Vince’s ‘whore’ and whenever he wants to ‘send his whore back on the street he will’. The pay per view made him a lot of money. It is a money maker. If you put it out there every week, it will never be the same. It needs to be special, maybe once a year. It will leave a good taste in everyone’s throat to have the experience.

Bubba was asked about what it was like to not have Shane Douglas, Raven, and Jerry Lynn. Whatever you want to say about Raven, he is a smart guy and he has one of the most over characters in wrestling. You can melt into his promos. Shane was a great champion, a great talker, and a great worker. Terry Funk is the godfather of ECW. Jerry Lynn is a great worker. Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn would have torn the house down if they could have worked the show. Hardcore Homecoming might have wanted some WWE guys. He heard that it did well and was a lot of fun.

Bubba does not know if any TNA guys were going to be used on the show because he was not involved in that part. He had an idea what was going on at the show. They went out and gave everyone the icing on the cake and the violence that they wanted to see. Bubba joked that Sandman cannot wrestle and wrestling Dreamer is like rolling a walrus up a hill in molasses.

The ECW pay per view light a fire under the WWE. He knows what the boys can do when they want to. They did not want to be outdone by an ECW product and they worked their asses off. Every time you watch Smackdown and Raw, you see the increased work rate.

Bubba talked about the Mike Awesome/Masato Tanaka match and it was a great match because of their chemistry. It was probably the most exciting match of the night. However, did they get a job with the WWE after the match? Bubba laughed harder after every table broke during that match. Everyone who saw that match before knew what to expect, but many of the WWE wrestlers were shocked at what they were doing in the ring.
Bradshaw is a good friend of his. People came up to him and asked him about using tables. He had no problem because they were not the first and will not be the last. It wouldn’t be hard to top the lighter fluid. Dreamer smelled like charred walrus flesh.

They were contacted by a writer and said that they were ready to fire them up after the ECW pay per view. They discussed who they were going to work with. It seemed like they realized that they did not have the right teams to work with the Dudleys at the money they are going to pay them. He expects to see a spark in the tag team scene because the teams are on the same level. There are no teams for the Dudleys to draw real money with right now. Every time a new team was put together, they would have to be put in with the Dudleys. Either they would have to wrestle at a lower level to their opponents or they would need to destroy the team.

Tag team wrestling has never been a priority of the WWE. When Vince came across the Hardys and Edge and Christian and got lucky. When the Dudleys came in, Vince ‘stepped in crap’ because he had three teams that worked well together. He had an opportunity to make money and did it for two and a half years. Teams that start in the business today don’t appear to want to swallow their pride and be part of a tag team.

On September 10, 2005, The Dudleys will face The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey and Bobby Eaton) in Davie, Florida for the first time. They might get outwrestled by the Midnight Express, but they will out brawl them. He talked about working at Wrestle Reunion 2 and is really excited to meet a lot of the wrestlers. Bruno Sammartino is a wrestling god and Bubba is looking forward to meeting him for the first time. They will be working Matt Hardy and Rhino at Wrestle Reunion and looks forward to giving Rhino a 3-D. There are a lot of dream matches out there for the Dudleys if they are not in the WWE. It is a nice bubble in the WWE, but there is an entire world out there.

He does not understand why there is a problem. He always wanted to be in a tag team. He does not want to be the world champion; he wanted to be the most successful tag team ever. He thinks they are near the top, but not the best. They have done what it takes to get up there. Tag team wrestling is more fun than singles matches. One of the last great matches they had was with Rob Van Dam and Booker T before they went to Smackdown. He talks about how Booker T said that if they wanted to do a final match as Harlem Heat, he wanted to face the Dudleys.

He noticed the shift with the tag team division when they had the draft when Vince told them that they wanted to split the Dudleys. There are teams that you don’t want to see split up. They pay to see the Dudleys as a team, not Bubba and D-Von in singles matches. Bubba asked if that is what they wanted. Vince said that if it didn’t work, he could always put them back together. When they got back together, Madison Square Garden exploded from the reunion.

It was Bubba and D-Von’s idea to go to Ohio Valley Wrestling. Vince asked them when they wanted to come back. Bubba said that they did not want to go on vacation, it was Vince’s idea. They wanted to come back when Vince is able to develop tag teams to help make the division better. They wanted to help develop tag teams. They went down to work with MNM. Cornette was helping to get them over, and they had a match with the Dudleys. The next week, MNM were on Smackdown after the tape was sent to the WWE.

TNA appears to be investing in tag teams. Tag team wrestling has always been exciting. He was a huge fan of the Road Warriors. Even though you see one match, you have seen them all, but it was so exciting to watch them. Bubba talks about the British Bulldogs and other great tag teams of the 1980s and 1990s.

They are nine time WWE, eight time ECW, and one time WCW tag team champions. They wanted to wrestle the Road Warriors, but they wrestled Rob Van Dam and Kane instead. The Dudleys versus the Road Warriors might not have been a great match, but the build up would have been better than the match. The greatest tag team versus the most decorated tag team. Unfortunately Hawk passed away. They were the most over tag team in the world. He takes his hat off to the person who decided to bring back Animal. When asked if he wanted to see the Dudleys face Heidenreich and Animal and Bubba was speechless. Bubba says that Heidenreich is a nice guy.

They talked about the transition from ECW to the WWE and mentioned the situation when The Public Enemy left ECW and came to the WWE because they gave people a bad taste in their mouth. Ron Simmons and Bradshaw are the first people you are fed to first when you come into the company. If you pass that test, you get to Taker. They had to hit the APA with 2x4s. They could be safe and suffer in the future or take it out on them and live with what happens next. Ron Simmons screamed things in Ebonics that neither he nor D-Von could understand. They were being interviewed in the back with Simmons and Bradshaw waiting to pounce. The entire locker room was surrounding the set, waiting to see what happened when Simmons and Bradshaw returned the favor and they took it from both men as soon as the red light went on. That is how they got over on their first night.

The WWE thought the Dudleys would become monster heels by putting women through tables. Bubba told them that it would make them the biggest baby faces. The first time they did it was in Philadelphia. Bubba said that Mae Young was the ‘toughest man he knows’. After Bubba power bombed Mae in the ring through a table. She slammed Mae gingerly in the ring. She grabbed his wrist harder than Lou Thesz ever could and she told Bubba if he is going to slam her, slam her like one of the boys. She took a powerbomb off a 15 foot stage through tables as well. Mae went to Vince and wanted to be power bombed off the top of the cage. Mae and Moolah are great women and great to work with.

Trish Stratus is a trooper because when the feud with T&A was blown off, she had to go through a table. Bubba was bleeding and she kissed him, not caring about the blood. Trish is a tough person. She has come a long way from fitness model to a good women’s wrestler. She gets bruised up and takes a lot of bumps on her face.

A TLC match is the most difficult match to put together because you had six to eight men in the match. Everyone needs to know the entire match backwards and forward because if someone forgets what to do or gets hurt, the match will get screwed up. You cannot change things around on the fly. He got bulldogged off a ten foot ladder by Jericho in Las Vegas. He landed on his head and was out cold. He didn’t remember a thing, but Jericho got him through the match. Jericho told Bubba to give Christian a BubbaBomb, and Bubba asked how. Then he was told to take the Van Daminator, and he didn’t know who Van Dam was. He was told to back drop Jeff Hardy, and did not know who Jeff was. When he watched the match again, he did not remember the match, but he hit every spot. It is a testament to anyone who has been in a TLC match. Jeff has been the star of so many TLC matches and Jeff had the least amount of input. They would plan Jeff’s stuff first and then book everything around Jeff. Nobody can ever take away what the Dudleys, the Hardys, and Edge and Christian have done. Every TLC match has been topped. Everyone knew what the final fall would be for each team. He thought it would be great if someone hung up there with Jeff. They told D-Von to do it, and he was afraid of heights. He pointed out how they usually had a women’s match follow the TLC matches.

Bubba was in the hospital after a concussion and he did not know that his mother had died. He was told almost 40 times and cried every time he was told that. He only knew his address and kept repeating it. He didn’t even know that he was engaged at the time.

They wanted to lower the bar a little because ECW blew it away. Vince let the guys go crazy as a result and there was great wrestling for a while. However, guys were getting their necks broken. They needed to take it easy and work smarter and tell a good story. When it does not happen as much, it means more. The Hell in a Cell match between Hunter and Batista worked because they made the weapons mean something. Psychology is the most important thing in wrestling. Bubba mentions that Taz and Sabu was built for a year and never touched. If done right, stories can be drawn out.

When you come out of a time with people like the Rock, Steve Austin, Taker, Mick Foley who are so over and you have fewer around with that reaction, you are begging for the next superstar. They are doing a good job with Cena and Batista now. They might be able to do a better job, but you have television twice a week. Randy Orton was discussed and said that the spot that people expected for Orton and Hunter at Wrestlemania was supposed to be for Batista. Orton is better suited for a heel. They have the best intentions to get guys over, but things could be missed. They look at a bad rating when someone is trying to get over and might drop things. It is a combination of ratings and audience reaction. If the WWE went to an old school mentality for drawing out storylines, things could be better.

Talk moved on to working for TNA and becoming NWA tag team champions. TNA is the best possible thing for pro wrestling. They are competition. They are getting better every week. It is growing like ECW. ECW used to be on Sunshine Network at 2:00 a.m. If they play their cards right, they will get better. They have a good tag team scene. He has heard from a lot of people who want to see the Dudleys in TNA. If the people at TNA are interested in talking to the Dudleys they live around the corner from where TNA tapes their shows. If you want the rainbow, you have to deal with the rain. They need to overcome any hurdles that a start up company needs to do.

They have gotten calls from all over the world to work for them, and Bubba and D-Von are looking for the best opportunity to become the best performers. It does not have to be the most money. The slightest bit of competition is good for the industry. Vince is at his best when his back is up against the wall. Nobody comes out swinging like Vince. He wishes TNA the best for the wrestling industry and wrestling fans. Bubba does not know if Vince is concerned about TNA right now. He will have to take notice if they get a Monday night at 9:00 p.m. time slot.

Bubba looks forward to wrestling for 20 to 30 minutes every night. They have become stale in the ring because they have not had experienced people to wrestling in the ring. They want to be in the ring with people who will push them. He looks forward to working with the Midnight Express because he will learn that night. He wants to face teams where they do things they have never done again. Bubba wants to get in the ring with the Funks. Let D-Von get stretched by Dory and then see himself getting beaten up by Terry. He does not thing you will ever see a ‘Dudleys’ promo because there are kids in the audience. ‘Hardcore and Extreme’ are the ‘mother and father’ of Attitude. The hosts talked about a show in Orlando where it got a little wild at an ECW show in Orlando. There is no bad heat. When people are sitting in the parking lot at 2:00 a.m. to spit on your car or try to stab you, you are doing something right. That is what the Dudleys did the best. He has done promos that made people’s skin crawl. ECW was the most real pro wrestling you will see.

Creative tries very hard and they are under a lot of pressure to have compelling wrestling every week. If Bubba made the decision about booking and gave them the ‘pencil’, he would put in Arn Anderson, Michael Hayes, and Pat Patterson’s hands. Pat Patterson is one of the smartest minds in wrestling. He would have people who know wrestling in creative. You need a wrestling mind to put together pro wrestling. There are people who want to be Paul Heyman, but they hang from Paul Heyman’s jock. Paul Heyman is an evil genius. Paul and Vince are the two smartest men in wrestling history. Paul created the monster and Vince made a lot of money with it. Paul and Vince are like two magnets that can only get as close as science will let them. They probably have a mutual respect, but Paul is a difficult man to deal with because of his passion. He will fight to the death over the smallest aspect of a match while Vince will let it go if it is too small.

Bubba was asked about what could be in store for Paul Heyman, but he does not know. If TNA asked Paul Heyman to take things and run with it with money behind him. Jeff Jarrett has a good creative mind, as well as Shane Douglas and Scott D’Amore. Paul Heyman is a different animal. Shane knows what Paul can do. Nobody has taken chicken crap and turned it into chicken salad quicker than Paul Heyman. The Dudleys were a comedy routine, but then he saw more than a comedy routine. It became something special. Paul would need complete creative control and Bubba does not know if anyone would give it to him. Paul would need to create something different if he was going to start a new company, not another ECW. Bubba would love to see Paul with Quest Wrestling. He can accentuate the positives and hide the weaknesses.

Johnny Ace has been put in one of the toughest positions because he only answers to Vince McMahon. Johnny was a good wrestling mind and a good finish guy. They could come up with a finish in about five minutes. They have gone head-to-head and clashed at times, but they have also agreed about some things.

Bubba suggested that despite what a lot of people like to say on the internet that maybe Hunter and Stephanie love each other, not a situation where Hunter is doing this for power. It will roll off Hunter’s back. Bubba never had a problem with Hunter. His second year in the WWE, Hunter pulled Bubba to the side to talk to him about an incident. Bubba does not know if Hunter ever said anything behind his back or said anything about him. He cannot say anything bad about Hunter. Hunter has been the champion because he puts asses in the seats. He does something to get people to talk about him. Bubba brought up the question of whether the WWE will ever let someone not created by the WWE get over a WWE talent. There are plenty of people that Bubba does not like in the business, but unless they are brought up, he is not going to talk about them.

They talked about ‘Black Wednesday’. That annoyed Bubba and D-Von because they were lumped in with everyone who got released. It is not that they are better than those people. The WWE could have waited until the end of their contract time because they were not fired. They have tried to done right by the company and expected to be held in higher regard. He did not feel that being called at 9:30 p.m. on a Tuesday night was the right thing, instead of during business hours. What if D-Von was with his family when he got the call?

He was not shocked by any of the releases because they were probably viewed as dead weight by the company or they were not going to be used properly if they stayed. Being released might be the best thing that could happen to them. Charlie Haas is a phenomenal wrestler and with some personality, he will be a competent pro wrestler. The best entertainer in that group to be released was Jimmy Yang.

Bubba is not a big internet guy, but he said that it appears to be growing. It looks like WWE.com is trying to get scoops before other sites do. D-Von didn’t want to talk to WWE.com because it was so soon after the announcement. Bubba called back right away, but they did not follow up the call. It is business and it happens every day in all businesses.

Bubba restated that he likes what they are doing with Cena and Batista because they are bringing them along slowly every week. The Diva Search is on television because people stop to watch it. Vince is not putting 't & a' on television for any other reason that people will watch it. Wrestling does not have to be a cycle. It comes along when every performer comes along. If there is a Rock, Hunter, Cactus Jack, Steve Austin type wrestler it will come back. Cena’s charisma and persona outshines his in ring work. However, Hulk Hogan and Warrior were the same. Perception is reality. People perceive Cena as a superstar.

Promoters who want to book the Dudleys for shows can e-mail requests to dudleyboyzecw@aol.com. It is not to contact Bubba or D-Von. Instead of contacting Bubba or D-Von, you will be telling their agent. He assures his fans that they are going to 3-D more people and put more women through tables. If you are a promoter, feel free to contact that address. The Dudleys will not come cheap and they will work for the reputable companies and people who will do the right thing. They appreciate the offers and would love to do every show.

Bubba says that independent wrestling is getting big, and Bubba talks about the talent in ROH. Bubba brings up Quest Pro Wrestling (www.questprowrestling.com) and says to look out for this promotion. They will be mixing a lot of talent and have the best independent talent along with the people who have been recently released from the WWE.

He was asked about morale in the locker room. Bubba mentions that he has not been in a locker room in nine months. He never had any problems because he never let anything get him down. If he or D-Von had a problem, he would confront them instead of saying things behind their back. He will say what he wants and figures that it is better than talking about someone behind their backs. There are politics everywhere, even at Dunkin’ Donuts. Bubba joked that Tommy Dreamer loves Dunkin’ Donuts.

Bubba talked about an ECW show in Kissimmee when Dreamer sat down in the ring and the chair broke. Bubba joked that Dreamer was at the top of the list for floatation devices with Delta Airlines.

Between the Ropes airs every Wednesday from 10:00 p.m. until Midnight on 740 The Team in Orlando, Florida with hosts Brian Fritz, Dickerman, and Vito DeNucci.

zeronumber
07-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Was I the only one dissapointed with the GAB?
I thought we'd finally see an end to that boring ass fued with guerrero and mysterio, instead we got another win for mysterio. I was sort of dissapointed with the whole Heidenreich and animal winning the tag belts as well. It's good for heidenreich to get some sort of push, but seriously, hasn't the wwe learned that it's stupid to make someone a champion, just to promote dvd sales? (*Cough*David Arquete being wcw champion*cough*)

That just goes to show you how sad the wwe is nowadays, when they're basically turning into wcw.

Anyway, is jbl going to rematch batista at summerslam? or something?
Anybody know the results to smackdown yesterday?

Full Bug
07-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by zeronumber

Anybody know the results to smackdown yesterday?
The Smackdown tapings are tonite....

zeronumber
07-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Sorry, I had too much to drink last night....I keep thinking its wensday.

redfire
07-28-2005, 01:19 AM
worst Raw ever. when the divas are the highlight of the show, there is something wrong. Michaels prmo was gold and everything else blew dog nuts.

Exactly.

Dave's Bitch
07-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by redfire
Exactly.

Exactly what???

monkeythe
07-29-2005, 02:26 AM

At least none of the Raw Divas have a mole on their face as a storyline. That thing reminds me of the South Park where the lady had a fetus on her face.

And Michaels promo was much better than Eddie's Darth Vader promo :"Dominick, I am your father"

BTW, what the hell was the point of the GAB PPV. The UT/Hassan match winner was supposed to get the Summerslam title match yet JBL has it & Ray beat Eddie in a match where the stip was that Eddie couldn't spill the secret if he lost but still did so anyway.

Mr Badguy
07-29-2005, 12:55 PM
And Michaels promo was much better than Eddie's Darth Vader promo :"Dominick, I am your father"

BTW, what the hell was the point of the GAB PPV. The UT/Hassan match winner was supposed to get the Summerslam title match yet JBL has it & Ray beat Eddie in a match where the stip was that Eddie couldn't spill the secret if he lost but still did so anyway.

Yeah, it makes no sense.

The Eddie/Rey storyline is like one of Russo`s.

How much do you get paid to say that your son isn`t really your son and that your wife has been knocked up by another wrestler?

Full Bug
07-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Want to know part of the reason why things are getting worse?

- WWE's latest batch of writers is said to continue in the trend of having absolutely no wrestling experience. One of the new female writers, who has a history with Nickelodeon, actually asked John Bradshaw Layfield how the wrestlers keep the fake blood flowing from their heads. What's even worse is that WWE has Court Bauer, one of the few writers with extensive knowledge, writing WWE Velocity.

Sources blame Stephanie McMahon for moving WWE as far away from "pure wrestling" as possible. She was said to have loved this week's RAW as it had a large quotient of off-beat entertainment.

Full Bug
07-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Add this to the long list of the many reasons I despise Hulk Hogan......

In the July/August edition of Sly Magazine, Hulk Hogan offered some candid words on fellow wrestlers The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin:

When asked about the public's perception that his movies bombed, he said: "Compared to the success that Brad Pitt or Arnold Schwarzenegger have had, people probably thought I had a run of B movies that sucked. But those movies were cheap to make and they generated a lot of revenue. If you watch what my movies made against what The Rock's movies are doing now, taking into account changing ticket prices and how many more theaters his movies were shown in, I still generated more revenue than he did."

Regarding Steve Austin, he said: "Austin has been in the business about 18 years and he was on top for four. I wrestled main events for 25 years. I could pull my dick out and I might be on top for four years - it's called 'cheap heat.' Somebody who stays on top 25 years has to have more than that. It has to be in your spirit."

When asked if there is anybody left he'd like to wrestle, he said: "Steve Austin's the only one left, but his neck is injured. And we don't really click, so I don't know if he and I could do business. But it would be a huge moneymaker if we did. All I care about now is how secure I can leave my family. There's a difference between having $40 million in the bank and $400 million."

Full Bug
07-29-2005, 08:05 PM
I predict right now an Hogan/Stone Cold match at Wrestlemainia....
Thats being said, I predict Hogan wins clean over HBK at Summerslam this year, to keep him strong for Austin later....
Remember you heard it here first.....

Full Bug
07-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Regarding Steve Austin, he said: "Austin has been in the business about 18 years and he was on top for four. I wrestled main events for 25 years. I could pull my dick out and I might be on top for four years - it's called 'cheap heat.' Somebody who stays on top 25 years has to have more than that. It has to be in your spirit."

Thats the biggest crock I have heard from him in awhile, but no surprise....

monkeythe
07-29-2005, 10:14 PM
I hate to say this, but I actually agree with Hogan about Austin. The numbers add up although I disagree with the cheap heat part of his point. His comparison to the Rock's movie career are ridiculous

Dave's Bitch
07-29-2005, 10:43 PM
I predict right now an Hogan/Stone Cold match at Wrestlemainia....
Thats being said, I predict Hogan wins clean over HBK at Summerslam this year, to keep him strong for Austin later....
Remember you heard it here first.....

i think it would be completely unbelievable if they had hogan beat shawn cleanly.i mean unbelievable in a bad way btw

Soul Reaper
07-30-2005, 07:44 AM
Muhammed Hassan Colums

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/columns/fanjam/072005-hassan.html

I get all of my wrestling facts from this website

Soul Reaper
07-30-2005, 07:45 AM
RAW Results (I think this is the one that Big Troubles was talking about)

HEAT TAPINGS:
Matt Cappotelli & Mike Mizanin (Tough Enough III) defeated The Highlanders (Rob & Rory McAllister) -dark match-..
Rob Conway defeated Rosey w/Super Stacy..
C.M. Punk w/Vicki Adams defeated Rob Begley (Vik Delicious of OVW)..
Johnny Parisi (Johnny Swinger with an Italian gimmick, named after local legend Tony Parisi) defeated Matt McChesney..
Rene Dupree defeated The Hurricane w/Super Stacy..

KURT ANGLE INVITATIONAL: Kurt Angle vs Eugene Dinsmore w/Christy Hemme..
Kurt Angle cut to the chase and called out this week's hometown hero and Christy Hemme came out!
Christy Hemme says that she came out to introduce a friend of hers.. Cleveland's own.... EUGENE!!!!
Kurt Angle said Eugene wasn't from Cleveland. Eugene then revealed that he was wearing a Browns Jersey!
Eugene countered the anklelock with 10 seconds left and time ran out so Eugene won the Olympic Gold medel!
Eugene put the Gold medel around his neck and celebrated with Christy Hemme (lucky guy!)
Editor's Note: Pennsylvania-based indy wrestler Mickey Gambino was one of the Gold Medel guards..

BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & John Cena (Cena taunts Bischoff, Bischoff yells back)..

MIXED TAG MATCH: Viscera & Cloacus vs Heart Throb Antonio & Pocket Rocket..
Cloacus (who kinda looks like Mo from Men on a Mission) and The Pocket Rocket are midgets..
Viscera & Cloacus win..

TRIBUTE: They played a tribute to the recently deseased WWF legend Lord Alfred Hayes..

BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & Shelton Benjamin..
Shelton Benjamin complains about Carlito getting himself DQ'd and Counted Out in recent title defenses..
Shelton Benjamin asked Eric Bischoff to get a rematch with No-DQ and No-CO stipulations..
Eric Bischoff instead books Shelton Benjamin in a handicap match against Snitsky & Masters..

INTERVIEW: Maria Kanellis & Chris Jericho..
Maria says that she loves Fozzy and asks Jericho if any of the other muppets were going to be there..
Chris Jericho takes offense and says he's going to embarass John Cena in the Battle of the Bands tonight!

BATTLE OF THE BANDS: John Cena vs Chris Jericho and Fozzy..
John Cena and his boys came out and played "Bad, Bad Man" for the fans..
Chris Jericho came out and refused to play because the fans were biased against him..
Chris Jericho says he will be WWE Champion at Summerslam because he is the True Bad Bad Man..

BACKSTAGE: Eric Bischoff & Carlito Cool..
Eric Bischoff says if Carlito Cool can beat John Cena tonight he will get a WWE title shot next week!
Eric Bischoff says if Carlito Cool wins the WWE title, then he'll defend against Jericho at Summerslam..
Eric Bischoff says he will assign Chris Jericho to be the special referee -- That is cool!

IN THE RING: Shawn Michaels..
Shawn Michaels says Hulk Hogan won't be on RAW because he's out promoting his show Hogan Knows Best..
Shawn Michaels says Hulk Hogan is living off a reputation he created 20 years ago..
Shawn Michaels says he makes a living going out every night and recreating himself..
Shawn Michaels says Hulk Hogan lives in a million dollar home paid for by each and every WWE fan..
Shawn Michaels says there's people backstage running around because HBK is saying things he shouldn't..
Shawn Michaels says they're not supposed to hurt the "Hulkster" and dares them to fire him..
Shawn Michaels says people wanted the old HBK and now they have it!
Shawn Michaels says years from now when people look back, they'll say he is the ICON..

HANDICAP MATCH: Shelton Benjamin vs Gene Snitsky & Chris Masters..
Shelton Benjamin eventually submitted to the Masterlock submission and Masters wouldn't release it!
Gene Snitsky encouraged Chris Masters to sinch it in until The Big Show made the save and kicked Snitsky!
Chris Masters bailed out of the ring and escaped..

DIVA SEARCH: The Coach & Diva Search Contestants..
The Coach immediately announces the elimination of Cameron from the DivaSearch competition..
This week's leftovers: Ashley, Leyla, Summer, Kristal and Elisabeth..
The Coach says the Divas will have 1-minute to eat as many hot dogs as they can for immunity..
Leyla won the contest after an overtime round against Summer to win immunity from elimination..

STRETCHER MATCH: Edge w/Lita vs Kane..
Kane tried to chokeslam Lita off the stage but Edge saved her..
Edge & Lita got Kane on the stretcher and dragged him up the ramp and over the line to win the match..
Kane got up and attacked Lita (Idiotic TSN cut to commercial so I don't know exactly what happened)...
When commercial came back, Lita was in an ambulance and Kane hit a police officer and drove off in the ambulance..
Editor's Note: I found out from watching the replay that Kane tombstoned Lita on the stage!
Editor's Note: I also found out from a friend that Matt Hardy showed up and attacked Edge..

NON TITLE MATCH: John Cena (WWE Champion) vs Carlito Cool (Intercontinental Champion)..
Chris Jericho was the special guest referee for this Champion vs Champion match..
Chris Jericho eventually turned and low-blowed John Cena and hit him with a Lionsault..
Carlito Cool covered John Cena and got the victory!

BONUS MATCH: John Cena & Batista defeated Kurt Angle & John Bradshaw Layfield..

And that's a wrap folks..

Soul Reaper
07-30-2005, 07:47 AM
The Kurt Angle Invitational again???!!

tell me about the WWE running out of ideas???!! this sucks!

Soul Reaper
07-30-2005, 07:47 AM
SMACKDOWN results

VELOCITY TAPINGS:

IN THE RING: GM Theodore Long + John Bradshaw Layfield..
Theodore Long welcomes everyone to Smackdown! and says anyone who missed Great American Bash missed a good one!
Theodore Long was about to announce the main event for Summerslam when John Layfield interrupted..
John Bradshaw Layfield says that he beat Batista by DQ at Great American Bash and deserves a rematch..
John Bradshaw Layfield says he had it in his contract that if he won by DQ or CO he would get a rematch..
John Bradshaw Layfield threatens to sue Theodore Long for breach of contract if he doesn't get it..
Theodore Long changes his mind and books The Undertaker vs John Layfield in a #1 Contenders match tonight!

TAG MATCH: Christian & Orlando Jordan vs Chris Benoit & Booker T w/Sharmell..
Orlando Jordan had his shoulder wrapped from chairshots received during the Batista vs JBL match at GAB..
Chris Benoit made Orlando Jordan tap out to the Crippler Crossface to win the match for his team!
Christian entered the ring, but slide back out, opting not to break up the submission..

BACKSTAGE: John Heidenreich & Road Warrior Animal..
John Heidenreich was having second thoughts about "replacing" Hawk in the Road Warriors team..
Road Warrior Animal said Heidenreich had heart just like Hawk and convinced Heidenreich to cut his hair!

NON (TAG) TITLE MATCH: Road Warrior Animal & John Heidenreich destroyed Chris Hamrick & Scott Szili..

BACKSTAGE: MNM (Mercury & Nitro w/Melina) + Jillian Hall..
Melina says they need some damage control so she's bringing it Hollywood's biggest publicist..
Melina introduced her boys to their new publicist Jillian Hall (who looks totally different than when I saw her)..
Jillian Hall's character is that she is very hot but she has some weird deformation on her face..

BACKSTAGE: Rey Mysterio & Dominic..
Dominic asked his dad what the secret was and Rey said when he gets older he will tell him..

IN THE RING: Rey Mysterio & Dominic + Eddie Guerrero..
Rey Mysterio thanks the fans for their support on behalf of himself and his son Dominic..
Eddie Guerrero, who had been missing since the PPV, showed up unexpectedly on the stage with a mic..
Eddie Guerrero says even though Rey won at Great American Bash, he (Eddie) always wins in the end!
Eddie Guerrero says he promised to keep his mouth shut if he lost, but guess what...... HE LIED!!
Eddie Guerrero starts to finish his bedtime story, and Rey goes after him to try to stop him..
Eddie Guerrero blurts out that Rey is not Dominics real father... He (Eddie) is!
Rey Mysterio runs back to the ring to hug Dominic, who asked if it was true, and Rey hung his head..
Dominic backed away from Rey, and jumped out of the ring and ran away as Rey ran after him..
Eddie Guerrero says he didn't get to finish the story, turning the lights down and reading...
Eddie Guerrero says one time he and his wife were seperated and he started sleeping with other mamacitas!
Eddie Guerrero says one of them came to him and said he was pregnant and he had a lot of babies..
Eddie Guerrero says Rey and his wife were having trouble getting pregnant so he donated his baby to them..
Eddie Guerrero says there were no adoption papers he just handed the baby over to them and they were happy.
Eddie Guerrero says he'll read Chapter 2 next week (the crowd was absolutely dead for this segment)..
Editor's Notes: If anybody at UPN is reading this, why don't you ban THIS crap..

REMATCH: Melina Perez w/Jillian Hall vs Torrie Wilson w/Candice Michelle..
Tazz spent half the match talking about the growth on the side of Jillian Hall's face..
Melina Perez (who stands out as a huge talent) pinned Torrie Wilson with her feet on the ropes..
Jillian Hall pulled Candice Michelle by the ankles off the ring apron after the match..

BACKSTAGE: The Mexicools..
A concessions assistant came by and told the Mexicools to get back to work..
The Mexicool laughed and decided to have a little fun and take some food out to the crowd..

MATCH: William Regal vs Scotty Too Hotty..
The Mexicools came out before the match could get started and gave some food and drink to the fans..
Referee Jim Corderis tried to tell them to leave, so the Mexicools beat him up as well as Regal & Scotty..

#1 CONTENDERS MATCH: John Bradshaw Layfield w/Orlando Jordan vs The Undertaker..
John Bradshaw Layfield had his ribs taped from his war with Batista several nights prior..
Orlando Jordan jumped in the ring but Undertaker punched him and Orlando fell into the referee..
The Undertaker hit a chokeslam and had the pin with no referee to make the count..
Randy Orton showed up and RKO'd the Undertaker and JBL covered him for the win!

And that's a wrap folks...

Soul Reaper
07-30-2005, 07:48 AM
the WWE is getting more and more predictable...

referee gets knocked out, heel wins... blah blah blah

Dave's Bitch
07-30-2005, 08:14 AM
hogan hulks up

hogan fucking wins... blah blah

Full Bug
07-30-2005, 12:05 PM
i think it would be completely unbelievable if they had hogan beat shawn cleanly.i mean unbelievable in a bad way btw
Of course, so you know its gonna happen.....
On the bright side, if anyone call pull a good match out of Hogan its HBK....

Tom Vu
07-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi Dlrarmy wrestling club. Remembering that I'm have this question:

Originally posted by Tom Vu
Did you see what Batista did at Wrestingmania 21? He made a tribute to the Ultimate Warrior he did the Warrior's shakes ropes thing right before he won the fight.

If the new world champion acknowledge the Ultimate Warrior, the World's Wrestling (Foundation) Entertaiment should make him in the Hall of Fame. They should because Ultimate Warrior was a dominant champion and pinned Undertaker so, so many times in casket matches around the country. He also pinned Andre the Giant in 20 seconds all over the country too! The Warrior was a great champion and was a trendsetter to today's power wrestlers.

Well, Batista answers it for me. See:

IGN Sports: One thing you've been doing since Wrestlemania is the old school Warrior rope shake. Were you a Warrior fan growing up?

Batista: That's a total Warrior rip-off. That's my homage to the Warrior. Of course I loved to watch him growing up, I didn't know anyone who didn't. He was always so intense, so full of energy, so full of excitement…he was awesome. So yeah, it's a total Warrior rip-off.

I knowed it already. You could tell Batista is Ultimate Warrior fan.They are the most strongest and are two of the buffest ever.

Full Bug
07-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior was one of the worst wrestlers EVER....
I hated him then and I hate him now....
As far as the Hall Of Fame goes, it will never happen, he has slammed the WWE way to often for that to ever go down.....

Tom Vu
07-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior was one of the worst wrestlers EVER....
I hated him then and I hate him now....
As far as the Hall Of Fame goes, it will never happen, he has slammed the WWE way to often for that to ever go down.....
I'm don't care if he slam the WWE. He could slam Hulk Hogan and so many other big wrestlers. Ultimate Warrior is the strongest and have the more buff muscles than any champion until Batista. Warrior deserve to be in the Halls of fame because he was so popularity as a wrestler then champion. A lot of people like him too much. He was so great and even today's strongest wrestler champion, Batista copies him.

You know, not even today's wrestler have more of the strong muscles like Ultimate Warrior. Wrestlers like Warrior and Batista are the best because they haved the buffest muscles. That means they work the hardest. You could acquisition them about steroids and that doesn't prove anything. If they take the steroids, then most other wrestlers are too also. And nobody in the history of the pro's wrestling is have the rock upped body like them. They work the hardest and they are the strongest. That is why they could win anybody.

How could out of the shaped fat guys that have too wear shirts to wrestling or so skinny guys with no muscle win Warrior and Batista who have the strongest muscles? Warrior was the greatest when in his day. Batista is the greatest in today.

Plus, Ultimate Warrior is a Republican!

bueno bob
07-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Interesting Ultimate Warrior story I have.

Jake Roberts had just finished up his feud with Rick Rude on Saturday Nights Main Event when Andre interfered in the match - and we all discovered that Andre was petrified of snakes, blah blah blah...you all remember this. Thus began the big Andre/Jake feud, which spilled over into my neck of the woods.

Jake and Andre were up against each other that night - also on the bill was Beefcake (I think) against Rick Rude in a non-related match. Rick won either way, so...

Main event starts up, and it's (obviously) going badly for Jake, who goes to the little bag and Andre nearly passes out - Heenan distracts the ref, when all of a sudden up from behind Jake comes Rick Rude and clobbers Jake - ref turns at the last second, sees Rick with the bell in his hand and orders a disqualification. Andre, Rick and Bobby use the opportunity to beat up on Jake until they get kicked out of the ring, etc etc.

Anyway, Jake comes back around, grabs the mic and challenges both Andre and Rick to a tag team match, same arena, next month - so of course we all love it, but Jake declines to announce who he's going to ask to tag with him, and it's apparently to be announced at a later date.

About a week before the match, they're going over the local wrestling card for the upcoming match and that doofy guy with the black hair that announced the local cards during the breaks (forgot what his name was now, too many years gone by) makes the announcement that it's to be none other than - The Ultimate Warrior teaming with Jake.

So the logical deduction everybody comes to is...Warrior vs. Andre. We're gonna see it at some point during that match.

Of course, I went - and man, let me tell you, the tension in that arena waiting for that to happen was so fucking thick you could cut it with a knife.

Finally, the main event started, and Rick started out against Jake, who tagged out to Warrior, who tagged out to Jake while Rick tagged out to Andre...you get the idea...went on like this for almost TEN FULL MINUTES before finally Rick and Jake were locking it up, smacked each other with a double clothesline...Jake's down, Rick tags Andre in. Andre's about to cream Jake when suddenly Jake rolls over really quick and makes what everybody's been waiting ALL DAMN NIGHT for - the tag to the Warrior.

Warrior jumps in the ring and stops. Andre is advancing and just stops. The staredown commences and the crowd goes FUCKING BALLISTIC.

(Keep in mind the 3000 matches were Warrior beat Andre in 20 odd seconds hadn't occured yet - Warrior and Andre had NEVER squared off before, and the only person to have ever cleanly pinned Andre at this point was still Hogan exclusively)

Anyway, Andre and the Warrior locked it up, Rick cheats, Jake saves the day, blah blah blah...Jake and Rick roll out of the ring, Heenan's out cold, and Andre's doubled over and Warrior's pressing his arms in the air like he's going to BODY SLAM him.

Did he do it? ;)

First try! Didn't even break a sweat doing it, either! I was rather amazed, myself, I didn't think Warrior (at 6'4") had the height to pull it off, but damn if he didn't do it hardcore!

Anyway, the match rolled on and eventually Warrior got the pin over Rick and that was that.

But man...WWE/Vince McMahon...God, I miss those days. You just can't generate excitement like that anymore :(

Tom Vu
07-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Interesting Ultimate Warrior story I have....

Did he do it? ;)

First try! Didn't even break a sweat doing it, either! I was rather amazed, myself, I didn't think Warrior (at 6'4") had the height to pull it off, but damn if he didn't do it hardcore!

Anyway, the match rolled on and eventually Warrior got the pin over Rick and that was that.

But man...WWE/Vince McMahon...God, I miss those days. You just can't generate excitement like that anymore :(
Hi Bob! I know you are disagreement with me about Van Halen but as far as Ultimate Warrior and his intensetivity really have fans going banana.

You are lucky to witness that Warrior bodyslam to Andre. Did Warrior pick up Andre easier than Hulk Hogan at WrestlingMania 3?

What is the excitement that Warrior make that they can't do today? What do you mean? And, who do think is better, Warrior or Batista?

Full Bug
07-31-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm don't care if he slam the WWE. He could slam Hulk Hogan and so many other big wrestlers. Ultimate Warrior is the strongest and have the more buff muscles than any champion until Batista. Warrior deserve to be in the Halls of fame because he was so popularity as a wrestler then champion. A lot of people like him too much. He was so great and even today's strongest wrestler champion, Batista copies him.

You know, not even today's wrestler have more of the strong muscles like Ultimate Warrior. Wrestlers like Warrior and Batista are the best because they haved the buffest muscles. That means they work the hardest. You could acquisition them about steroids and that doesn't prove anything. If they take the steroids, then most other wrestlers are too also. And nobody in the history of the pro's wrestling is have the rock upped body like them. They work the hardest and they are the strongest. That is why they could win anybody.

How could out of the shaped fat guys that have too wear shirts to wrestling or so skinny guys with no muscle win Warrior and Batista who have the strongest muscles? Warrior was the greatest when in his day. Batista is the greatest in today.

Plus, Ultimate Warrior is a Republican!
Are you gay or just 13? Sounds like it.....
If all you like about wrestlers is their bodys, maybe you should follow bodybuilding...

Mr Badguy
07-31-2005, 05:25 PM

Thats the biggest crock I have heard from him in awhile, but no surprise....

Hogan probably believes all his shit.

If McMahon still had a fit Austin and Brock Lesnar along with Foley and Rock wrestling full time, he would have left Hogan where he dumped him 12 years ago.

If Hogan hadn`t held so many guys down during his WCW run, maybe there would be more "superstars" these days.

Nobody should forget Hogan`s "Total creative control" clause in his WCW contract, which meant between 1994-2001 the only guy that put Hogan in main events was Hogan.

You never hear him admit that he stole his gimmick wholesale from Superstar Graham.

rustoffa
07-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
You never hear him admit that he stole his gimmick wholesale from Superstar Graham.

True that.....pythons and all.

bueno bob
07-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi Bob! I know you are disagreement with me about Van Halen but as far as Ultimate Warrior and his intensetivity really have fans going banana.

Agreed. Back in the day, nobody in the WWF could generate excitement like the Ultimate Warrior, save for Hogan himself. He had a great run in the business for a few years, no doubt.

You are lucky to witness that Warrior bodyslam to Andre. Did Warrior pick up Andre easier than Hulk Hogan at WrestlingMania 3?

Yes, actually. Got Andre up the first time and put him right back down, didn't look like he even strained himself doing it...

What is the excitement that Warrior make that they can't do today?

The whole vibe of getting excited about the upcoming matches...the tension when something like that happens...it just doesn't exist anymore, it seems...

And, who do think is better, Warrior or Batista?

I couldn't pick you a "better", honestly...I don't really watch all that much wrestling anymore and am not totally familiar with Batista...I might watch once every three of four months but that's it.

Dave's Bitch
07-31-2005, 09:47 PM

He did???

Big Troubles
08-01-2005, 08:30 AM
I think he thanked him at the HAF ceremony. Not positive though.
Wrestling right now is the shits. Best thing going is the cruisers and thank god Knoble and Spanky are headed back. I love Kazarian and Swinger looked good in his debut.

Batista is great and am looking forward to a feud with former Evulotionist Randy Orton. Also Batista vs Brock looks good too. JBL should be regulated to doing comedy spots now. Not serious main eventing. He's boring to watch, but fun to listen to.

On the Raw side; Divas are garbage. Cena is a total queer. Jericho is not the same as he used to be. Eugene is a stupid gimmick, especially having him win the gold medals from Kurt. Id rather see Stryker on the full roster taking the medals from Kurt. The tag champs are a joke. Hurricane should heel and get rid of the stupid costume so people can take his wrestling ability seriously. Michaels vs Hogan I like, (partially because I predicted it when Hogan first made his cameo at Wrestlemania) Masters is a waste but is paid very slim. Same with Tyson Tomko. Carlito Cool is and will be huge in this business. Shelton is being lost in the shuffle and thats a shame because they could have had him feuding with a recently released Charlie Haas instead. The womens champonship, I guess is all but buried? What happened to Trish returning? Wheres Victoria?
The HeartThrobs are not ready for full time active roster duty. SEND THEM BACK. Vis was "ok" until they brought out his turd last week and made him wrestle. Where the fuck is the Nature Boy? Wrestling, right now sucks, and its not the wrestlers fault. Its all the bullshit stories and campy wrestling soap opera junk that these pimple faced writers are jotting down on toilet paper in between matches.

Christ, Id hate to say it, but Id rather watch WcW mid 90's than this crap.

Soul Reaper
08-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Cena is a total queer.

that's putting it lightly

Soul Reaper
08-01-2005, 08:45 AM
beyond queer

Soul Reaper
08-01-2005, 08:45 AM
DELETED

DAMN DOUBLE POST

zeronumber
08-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Marky Mark.

Seriously, ever see a press release picture of Mark Wilburg? Mark wears a throwback celtic jersey, and looks EXACTLY like John Cena.

Plus, both being from "newbury Massachussets" =/

Rapper gimmick?

Seriously, there are times I wonder if he will ever just start singing "Feel the Vibration"

Anyway, I can't stand cena anymore. two years ago, I thought he was pretty cool with the raping, and the whole take brock down gimmick.

But seriously, he sucks now, they should have never put him over. He's too boring.

He doesn't even do any build up, or do his routine as well anymore.

He used to do that whole thing with the "pumping of the nikies" before he did the fu, and he went down. Now, he just picks somebody up, and thows them over like a standing fireman carry, and all of his matches are short.

It's like he's letting the fame getting to his head, and he does things half ass, just to shit on his fans.

Hell, he doesn't even cleanly job anymore. Either he wins, or somebody supposedly "Screws him over" for a loss.

Big Troubles
08-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by zeronumber
Marky Mark.

Seriously, ever see a press release picture of Mark Wilburg? Mark wears a throwback celtic jersey, and looks EXACTLY like John Cena.

Plus, both being from "newbury Massachussets" =/

Rapper gimmick?

Seriously, there are times I wonder if he will ever just start singing "Feel the Vibration"

Anyway, I can't stand cena anymore. two years ago, I thought he was pretty cool with the raping, and the whole take brock down gimmick.

But seriously, he sucks now, they should have never put him over. He's too boring.

He doesn't even do any build up, or do his routine as well anymore.

He used to do that whole thing with the "pumping of the nikies" before he did the fu, and he went down. Now, he just picks somebody up, and thows them over like a standing fireman carry, and all of his matches are short.

It's like he's letting the fame getting to his head, and he does things half ass, just to shit on his fans.

Hell, he doesn't even cleanly job anymore. Either he wins, or somebody supposedly "Screws him over" for a loss.

for me, he just reminds me of the 14 year old bitch boys that walk around with skateboards, pants hanging down acting like they are "da bomb". Fucking sad state of affairs. Plus he's a shitty wrestler. He over acts and mouths all of his moves. He's worse than Jericho and Sid for that.

Full Bug
08-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Cue up Curt Henning singing "Rap Is Crap"....
That was some funny shit....

VonHalen
08-01-2005, 04:20 PM
i think i have that on cd that was funny, thought the original nWo music was cool

Full Bug
08-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Damm, that promo HBK did tonite acting as the Hulkster was fucking awesome....

Fairwrning
08-01-2005, 10:35 PM
yeah..that was as good as DX doin the 4 horsemen..brother..:hogan:

Fairwrning
08-01-2005, 10:38 PM
what the fuck..rob schneider is pimpin his movie on raw

Vinnie Velvet
08-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Damm, that promo HBK did tonite acting as the Hulkster was fucking awesome....

Yeah, it was funny.

Classic HBK to make fun of his opponents -- almost DX-like.

I loved it when DX brought out the midget dressed up as Bret Hart and Micheals putting the Sharpshooter on the little 'Hart' was hilarious.

The 'Face-to-face' between Hogan and HBK next week should be great.

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 01:49 PM
I agree Bug, Michaels promo was very well done, minus the wig flying off and the crappy side kick to Larry Kings head. It was hard to take Shawn seriously when he kept the mustache on to end the promo. :D

Shawn goes over Hogan at SS. (or a draw with outside interference) No way Shawn loses clean.

Vinnie Velvet
08-02-2005, 01:55 PM
I agree Bug, Michaels promo was very well done, minus the wig flying off and the crappy side kick to Larry Kings head. It was hard to take Shawn seriously when he kept the mustache on to end the promo. :D

Shawn goes over Hogan at SS. (or a draw with outside interference) No way Shawn loses clean.

I don't think the match will end with a clean win or a clean loss.

I'm hoping for some outside interference.

Kevin Nash was recently interviewed by WWE.com on the match. Now, we all know Nash has both had a history with HBK and Hogan, but he's not under contract with the WWE but with TNA -- its possible he could come in and interfere, not knowing which side he's on -- he looks as though he's there to knock Micheals out than proceeds to give Hogan a powerbomb.

That could be a neat finish.

Maybe they are looking for a clear winner. much like Hogan vs Rock at WM18.

Full Bug
08-02-2005, 02:31 PM

I disagree, I think Hogan goes over clean, they need to build him up for a Hogan vs Austin match at Wrestlemania....
You can already figure a Angle vs Michaels match at Wrestlemania, 3rd in the series.....
You could be right about the interference thing though, that wouldnt hurt Hogan at all, although the fans will be pissed....

Mr. Vengeance
08-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Best thing that could happen to the WWE and wrestling in general would be for a second major company to come along to challenge Vince. It's been said a thousand times, but there's no competition, and it's made the story writing lame. The WWE has gone from good wrestlers who could work the mic, to a bunch of Roid freaks who are big but can't talk. Give me the days when Randy Savage was battling Ricky Steamboat anyday....

hollywood5150
08-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Let's think about this for a minute guys.

WHAT IF, and I mean a very BIG what if,

hogan gets screwed like bret did against shawn in '97??

interesting huh?

hey FAIR WARNNG, nWo imitated the 4 horsemen, not DX.

NASH, X-PAC, HENNIG, and HALL. back in '97 Mon NITRO.

hollywood5150
08-02-2005, 03:15 PM
HOGAN is/was to wrestling as CVH was to ROCK and ROLL

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 03:42 PM
I disagree, I think Hogan goes over clean, they need to build him up for a Hogan vs Austin match at Wrestlemania....
You can already figure a Angle vs Michaels match at Wrestlemania, 3rd in the series.....
You could be right about the interference thing though, that wouldnt hurt Hogan at all, although the fans will be pissed....

the fans would be pissed if the outside interference wasn't someone worth seeing. ala Steve Austin. Michaels had a great match with him at WME 14 and Hogan is slated to wrestle him at 22. Could be interesting.

The latest bullshit coming out of WWE is that Brock has broke off all negotiating for a return. :rolleyes: Either he's coming back or he's not. Personally Id like to see him come back, but jesus christ, it better be worth laying off 14 wrestlers- and if they dont bring him back, maybe its time to create a new monster heel. I like Kazarian and Swinger and Striker. I just dont like their chances of making it big.

Full Bug
08-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Give me the days when Randy Savage was battling Ricky Steamboat anyday....
I hear you on that one....

hollywood5150
08-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Mr badguy, you stated that if vince had a heathy AUSTIN, B LESNAR, FOLEY AND ROCK. he would've or should've dumped hogan 12 years earlier?

is that correct? If so. what your saying is basically it took 4 top wrestlers to be as "marketable" as Hogan was.

Hogan is still around, and for good reason. AND so is Flair, but look at the difference between the audience reaction between Hogan and Flair. (Flair does not get the reaction that Hogan gets)

And any other wrestler for that matter.

HOGAN is the DLR of wrestling. do a little history check. Their carreers parallel eachother.

they both set the standard for those that came after. AND many years later they are still the best at what they do. Furthermore the fans still want to tsee them.

And remember it's the fans that make these people what they are. These guys weren't products of some reality show contest who got a contract to be a wrestler or to sing for a rock band.

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 05:28 PM
C'mon hardcore Wrestling fans. Put together a Wrestlemania 22 card. (Living wrestlers only)

Here's mine:

Main Event: WWE world Championship:

John Cena w/Eminem vs The Rock w/Moby :D

World Heavyweight Championship:

Batista vs Brock Lesnar

Hulk Hogan vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat

Sting vs Undertaker

TLC (5?) Dudley Boyz vs Hardy Boyz vs Edge & Christian

Shelton benjamin vs Charlie Haas

HBK vs Kurt Angle (The ending could have the one night only reformation of the clique- Nash, Hall, X Pac & HHH)

HHH vs Mick Foley (special revenge match)

Stan Hansen vs JBL

Chris Benoit vs William Regal (submission rules)

Eddie Guerrero vs RVD vs Chris Jericho vs Carlito Cool ( 4 way for IC)

Vince mcMahon vs Bret Hart in an impromptu match!!!

and maybe a 20 man battle royal for US Title (Big Show, Kane (with a mask), Kerwin White, Matt Hardy OJ etc....)

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 05:29 PM
throw in some sexy whore divas a few more celeb's and you've got yourself a ppv worth buying. ;)

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 05:29 PM
could make that JBL vs Stan Hansen into a 3 way if you add Big Van Vader!

Mr Badguy
08-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Mr badguy, you stated that if vince had a heathy AUSTIN, B LESNAR, FOLEY AND ROCK. he would've or should've dumped hogan 12 years earlier?

is that correct? If so. what your saying is basically it took 4 top wrestlers to be as "marketable" as Hogan was.

Hogan is still around, and for good reason. AND so is Flair, but look at the difference between the audience reaction between Hogan and Flair. (Flair does not get the reaction that Hogan gets)

HOGAN is the DLR of wrestling. do a little history check. Their carreers parallel eachother.

they both set the standard for those that came after. AND many years later they are still the best at what they do. Furthermore the fans still want to tsee them.

And remember it's the fans that make these people what they are. These guys weren't products of some reality show contest who got a contract to be a wrestler or to sing for a rock band.

Wait a minute.

You can`t compare wrestling and music.

Musicians make it big by writing good songs (albeit with a record company marketing machine).

When the songs dry up they disappear (ala VH).

Wrestling is run by bookers like Vince McMahon.

When McMahon took over the WWF he needed an easily marketable cartoon character like...uh...Hulk Hogan.

How does he get him over?

He makes him what everybody wants to see: a musclebound "Real American" who kicks bad guys asses.

Granted Hogan had all the charisma to do it.

Big box office.

However, (to cut a long story short) later McMahon wanted newer, younger guys to be main eventers so he got rid of Hogan.

Hogan signed for WCW and got control of his own matches in his contract.

What does he do?

Keeps himself in main events long past his sell by date, keeps the under card guys down and hardly ever loses clean to anyone.

End result: no new stars.

I didn`t say it took 4 guys to be as marketable as Hogan.

It would just be a stronger roster with no need to bring back old guys like Hogan to fill the gaps.

If Austin never broke his neck I think he would now be bigger than Hogan because even if he is on the card "to talk" he still sells a shit load of tickets.

And Flair does get a good reaction but not out of nostalgia or goofy posing, but by still working good matches.

Mr Badguy
08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
could make that JBL vs Stan Hansen into a 3 way if you add Big Van Vader!

How about Nailz Vs Vince in a street fight?

I`m sure there would be plenty of juice.

Mr Badguy
08-02-2005, 06:06 PM
And remember it's the fans that make these people what they are.

Yeah!

Tell that to Hogan.

I`m sure he`ll agree with you.

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 09:19 PM
How about Nailz Vs Vince in a street fight?

I`m sure there would be plenty of juice.

Katie Vick vs Jerry Lawler. Prob lots of juice there too. :D Ok, that was gross.

Cornette vs Paul Heyman

Jim Ross vs Ed Ferarra & Vince Russo in a handi cap match! (Guess who the handicap is?)

rustoffa
08-02-2005, 10:07 PM

There's no disputing the mass appeal of Hogan. IMO, building the heat for WMI set the table. Hats off to Roddy Piper....

I wonder if the cross-promotional success of the Lauper/MTV campaign pissed Andy Kauffman off? He was probably like, "I fucking went with no script @ breakfast with Freddie Blassie! Are you kidding me?"

Anyways, Hogan's mass appeal is exactly that. It's for marks. Eat your vitamins and have a legdrop. Flair spent the majority of his career in the monster heel demographic. Stylin', profilin'......pissing the general public off. He decimated faces in the prime of his career....arguably laying the anti-hero groundwork.

WOOOOO!!!! That shit reverberates from audiences around the globe everytime a knife-edge chop is delivered.

Ask ANY top 30 guy/gal in the business who the greatest professional wrestler of all times is....

There you have it.

The most popular professional wrestler of all times is one thing.

Then you cue the intro to 2001: A Space Mountain Odyssey.

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa

Ask ANY top 30 guy/gal in the business who the greatest professional wrestler of all times is....

Bastion Booger! :D

Big Troubles

Big Troubles

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 11:30 PM
double post

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 11:30 PM
any guesses on these guys?

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 11:31 PM

Big Troubles
08-02-2005, 11:32 PM

Dave's Bitch
08-03-2005, 09:04 AM

i never understood why abdullah the butcher would bleed so much in every match he had

Dave's Bitch
08-03-2005, 09:06 AM
quite the career he's had though

World tag champion (Vancouver), with Dr. Jerry Graham, 1967
Canadian tag champion (Vancouver), with Dr. Jerry Graham, 1967
4-time Montreal International champion, 1969-71, 1987
5-time Stampede North American champion, 1970-73
NWF World champion, 1972
Commonwealth champion (New Zealand), 1974
NWA World tag champion (Detroit), with Killer Brooks, 1974
NWA U.S. champion (Detroit), 1975
NWA Georgia champion, 1975
Columbus champion (Georgia), 1975
PWF champion (All Japan), 1978-79
NWA International tag champion (All Japan), with Ray Candy, 1979
United National champion (All Japan), 1980
3-time WWC Universal champion (Puerto Rico), 1982, 1990, 1996
WWC North American champion (Puerto Rico), 1988

i found this pic where he is kinda in shape

Dave's Bitch
08-03-2005, 09:06 AM
ive found a picture where abdullah is kinda in shape

Big Troubles
08-03-2005, 09:11 AM
I always wanted Vince to pick him up. Damn... There was one time where Vince was getting ready to announce a new member of Nation of Domination... He was going through a few names... He mentioned, ONE TIME ONLY Abdullah the Butcher...? No not him... Cant remember who it was though. Prob Mark Henry. :rolleyes:

Abby bled so much because of all those gashes in his forehead. Christ that man scared the shit out of me. Still does truth be told. :D

Big Troubles
08-03-2005, 09:12 AM
In that above pic he looks like the "Butcher" from Porky's. That prank that was pulled on the boys, where the husband came in with the big blade. LMAO!

Dave's Bitch
08-03-2005, 09:14 AM
one guy i've always hated is sting.he would have matches with guys like cactus jack and just no sell then kick his ass.he really pisses me off

Big Troubles
08-03-2005, 09:16 AM
I liked his look and I think Vince and Sting could have made a lot more money together, if Sting would've jumped ship in 91.

Big Troubles
08-03-2005, 09:17 AM
wasn't a good worker, but look who he was working against. They pair him with big, methodical workers. Luger, Nash, Hall, Sid, Hogan, Giant, Vader....Loch Ness. ;)

Big Troubles
08-03-2005, 09:18 AM
HHH would've broght the best out of him. Same with Michaels and Undertaker. IMO.

Dave's Bitch
08-03-2005, 09:30 AM
i dont get why everyone thinks that sting Vs the undertaker would be great.it wouldnt.sting is a sloppy worker and his in ring skills leave alot of room for improvment.the undertaker is one of the best in the buisness no questions asked.he would smoke sting's ass

Soul Reaper
08-03-2005, 09:50 AM

LOL!! :D

Big Troubles
08-03-2005, 05:15 PM
i dont get why everyone thinks that sting Vs the undertaker would be great.it wouldnt.sting is a sloppy worker and his in ring skills leave alot of room for improvment.the undertaker is one of the best in the buisness no questions asked.he would smoke sting's ass

well there are only a few "dream matches" left in pro wrestling and they all involve Sting. Sting vs HHH, Michaels, Kane, Undertaker, Shelton, Jericho, Batista, JBL and possibly Cena.

Big Troubles
08-03-2005, 05:16 PM
as sloppy as Sting is, he would HAVE to step it up a few notches to get in the ring with any of the above wrestlers.

Dave's Bitch
08-03-2005, 05:22 PM
well there are only a few "dream matches" left in pro wrestling and they all involve Sting. Sting vs HHH, Michaels, Kane, Undertaker, Shelton, Jericho, Batista, JBL and possibly Cena.

Sting Vs JBL???

Are You Serious????

a match that features sloppy mr no sell sting against a big fucking bully boy,flabby,potato shotting asshole,who is also sloppy in the ring.come on that match would totally suck

Big Troubles
08-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Sting Vs JBL???

Are You Serious????

a match that features sloppy mr no sell sting against a big fucking bully boy,flabby,potato shotting asshole,who is also sloppy in the ring.come on that match would totally suck

Oh I dunno. I wouldn't go as far as to call Sting a potato shotting asshole. Ouch. :D

Yeah I was kidding on the JBL match. The only match I would PAY to see JBL in, would be against someone that would kick his ass. Stan Hansen.

Dave's Bitch
08-03-2005, 07:07 PM
sting Vs batista would kinda suck aswell i think,he has got alot better than he was but i dont think him and sting would be to good a match,and the less said about him and Cena the better.now there is a guy who cant wrestle,his matches consist of weak looking punches,a shoulder block or 5,the stupid 5 knuckle shuffle and then the FU, yet he is so over with the fans WTF!?!?!?!?

sting Vs Jericho would be ok,Jericho would win though i think,and i woulda said sting Vs HBK rather than HHH.Triple H's ego wouldnt let sting touch him in that match and we would see the usual helmsley squash match

Mr Badguy
08-03-2005, 07:37 PM
sting Vs batista would kinda suck aswell i think,he has got alot better than he was but i dont think him and sting would be to good a match,and the less said about him and Cena the better.now there is a guy who cant wrestle,his matches consist of weak looking punches,a shoulder block or 5,the stupid 5 knuckle shuffle and then the FU, yet he is so over with the fans WTF!?!?!?!?

sting Vs Jericho would be ok,Jericho would win though i think,and i woulda said sting Vs HBK rather than HHH.Triple H's ego wouldnt let sting touch him in that match and we would see the usual helmsley squash match

I think Vince would job Sting out.

Look at what he did with all the other WCW guys he signed.

DDP, Steiner, Goldberg, Nash and Hall: all of them used to make the WWE guys look better.

Only Booker T was spared although he now a mid-carder.

I don`t think McMahon would do much with him, maybe only to shift a few "Best of Sting" DVDs.

Dave's Bitch
08-03-2005, 08:29 PM
sting would end up jobbing to vince on a ppv if he was hired

monkeythe
08-03-2005, 09:32 PM
WHat's with all the Sting hatred on the board. He was the top man in WCW for years despite some of the worst booking ever (Black Scorpion?).
Once Hogan & his cronies took over Sting was never given a fair shot at being a top guy. The best they were able to do with him was have him sit in the rafters for a year & when he finally came down he was the victim of some of the worst politics ever. I'm willing to argue that from 97 on, Sting was booked even worse than Bret.
I have never heard of a case where Sting injured an opponent or no-selled his opponents moves as some of the posters have suggested. In addition, he was able to work with wrestlers of all styles (brawlers, technicians,etc) and have great matches with them all.
I also agree that Vince would job STing out

monkeythe
08-03-2005, 09:33 PM
News item: Dusty Rhodes & Bret Hart were at WWE headquaters today

Big Troubles
08-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Vince would only job Stinger to someone that's more worthy to Vince. Like HHH or an up and comer. Someone that will be around for the long haul. Thats why Vince had Goldberg, Steiner and Nash all job out. His money was made off of big pay off ppv's and those "jobs" were investments in his loyal workers. Like HHH. Hell, I wouldn't put Goldberg, Steiner or Nash over any WWE wrestler. Same with Stin. Its bad financially. But hiring Sting would pop a few PPV buyrates and spike the rating s a bit. Might even put a dazzle in the house show attendance. I would simply hire Sting for a short term deal. say 6 months. 2 Raw shows a month, maybe half dozen house shows and one PPV match a month for 6 months.

Big Troubles
08-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Id like to see Rhodes and Bret hired on as creative team members or writers.

Dave's Bitch
08-03-2005, 10:13 PM
ive heard Bret and vince get along now,is that true???

Full Bug
08-03-2005, 11:49 PM
ive heard Bret and vince get along now,is that true???
I wouldnt go that far, the only reason Bret is talking to Vince has to do with putting out a Bret DVD, that and getting Bret in the Hall Of Fame next year...

hollywood5150
08-03-2005, 11:59 PM
POST #1723

would mr randy pofo..............son of angelo pofo brother lanny pofo

A.K.A. The macho man randy savage