PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against The Machine

Soul Reaper
02-09-2005, 01:33 PM
I really like RATM, they had a unique sound in a time when grunge ruled the world. Their first album was awesome.

DLR7884
02-09-2005, 02:06 PM
I would say that their first album was one of the best debut albums ever.

DLR7884
Sounds like a new thread is gonna be put up....

CVHfan
02-09-2005, 02:16 PM
They were awesome. Even though people on this forum don't like
rap-rock, RATM did it really well. The debut was great and "The Battle for Los Angeles" excellent.

smaz
02-09-2005, 03:28 PM
RATM are fantastic. One of my fave bands of all time, their build-ups in their songs are great, their style was unique, everything about them is fantastic. Their debut album was fantastic, as is Battle of Los Angeles.

Such a shame about Audioslave though....

DLR7884
02-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by smaz
Such a shame about Audioslave though....

Meaning?

DLR7884
?

Golden AWe
02-09-2005, 03:36 PM
...and "Sleep now in the fire" is one of the tighest songs and coolest videos ever.

I'm not sharing many of their views, but my opinion is that rock and rollers can discuss politics too, if they want to and are intelligent enough. It's not necessarily my kind of rock, the political stuff, but hey, we're not all alike.

smaz
02-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Audioslave are 3 members of Rage. You would have thought that the music side of things would still be fantastic. But Audioslave are nothing compared to RATM.

Then again, I suppose it can happen. Van Hagar is 3 members of Van Halen, but they suck balls.

Also, as for their political side of things, I don't really think about that, or like it because of that. I just see them as one very talented band, with great tunes.

DLR7884
02-09-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm glad Audioslave doesn't sound like RATM, personally. It's not the same band.

I think it's a crime that you just compared them to VH3.

DLR7884
I can't name too many rock albums from this millenium that are as good as Audioslave's first album....can you?

smaz
02-09-2005, 06:04 PM
You have got a point actually, it is good that they don't sound the same. But still, I saw a video on T.V. or Audioslave live, and I thought it was awful. Cochise isn't bad, but got a bit overplayed, and Show Me How to Live is alright, but their other song I've heard, Like a Stone or whatever, was bollocks, I didn't like it.

DLR7884
02-09-2005, 06:13 PM
You have got a point actually, it is good that they don't sound the same. But still, I saw a video on T.V. or Audioslave live, and I thought it was awful. Cochise isn't bad, but got a bit overplayed, and Show Me How to Live is alright, but their other song I've heard, Like a Stone or whatever, was bollocks, I didn't like it.

That song was way overplayed....

Do you own the album?

DLR7884
For Christ's sake, you better before you state your opinion about the band.

smaz
02-09-2005, 06:31 PM
I don't wasn't impressed enough to get a copy. That song was on the music channels constantly when it came out, and got a bit boring after a while.

CVHfan
02-09-2005, 07:27 PM
At least Audioslave had the decency to not sell us the idea that it was just Rage with a different singer, unlike some band we all know. Thus, they preserved the legacy of RATM.

rustoffa
02-09-2005, 08:18 PM
The crazed singer would wear and tear, but some of it was pretty bombastic.

loss of fools
02-09-2005, 08:26 PM
ratm are good but i cant say i like audioslave i just plain dont like the singer

Island Boy
02-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
That song was way overplayed....

Do you own the album?

DLR7884
For Christ's sake, you better before you state your opinion about the band.

I totally agree with DLR7884 on all his statements about RATM and Audioslave.

If you havnt got there last DVD they put out you have to get it.

The Scatologist
02-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
I'm glad Audioslave doesn't sound like RATM, personally. It's not the same band.

I think it's a crime that you just compared them to VH3.

DLR7884
I can't name too many rock albums from this millenium that are as good as Audioslave's first album....can you?

I can't stand Audioslave. But i'm picky because I don't like bands unless I think they're like really good. Can't stand listening to moderation.

Velvet Revolver was like that too sadly. People compare fall to pieces to sweet child o mine but it's nothing at that level.

Also, Atreyu fucking suck, Good Charlotte fucking sucks, Nickelback fucking sucks, The new Motley Crue and their new song written by Simple Plan fucking sucks, Simple Plan fucking sucks,

Yellowcard and their gay ass violin player fucking sucks (Hey I can play violin too, BETTER then that guy obviously, and I can actually make it look good, unlike that fucking dork, so don't go around saying he's talented because I heard people saying he's talented cause he can play a fucking violin)

The B'z had like 4 great albums out since 2005. All of them were like really great in the same league as like Screaming for Vengeance and Vh1 and stuff.

The new Judas Priest album coming out next month sounds sorta promising

The Darkness are supposedly coming out with a new album soon. I think it's sorta promising because although their first album had some fillers, they can solo with feel.

Also, coming out in the NEXT millenium, Chinese Democracy
:D

DLR7884
02-10-2005, 09:28 AM
I don't wasn't impressed enough to get a copy. That song was on the music channels constantly when it came out, and got a bit boring after a while.

No offense, but if you are basing your opinion of the band on the singles they released you are ignorant.

The album as a whole fucking rocks from top to bottom.

Go buy the album and listen to it a few times before posting an uneducated and unresearched opinion.

If you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't talk about it.

DLR&884
Do yourself a favor, don't be such a cheap ass and buy the fucking album.....then state your opinion.

DlocRoth
02-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
The crazed singer would wear and tear, but some of it was pretty bombastic.

Man, Cornell used to be the shit.

Some of that old Soundgarden was sweet.

"Jesus Christ Pose." period.:rockit2:

hard rock
03-10-2005, 11:40 AM
i agree with DLR 7884 , you got to listen to the whole album. it rocks. Why would they want to sound like RATM or soundgarden, that would have been the easy sell. They wanted their own sound. There are little hints of RATM and Soundgarden just enough to acknowledge their past and legacy but not ride on the coat tails you know!!!

Soul Reaper
03-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
The new Motley Crue and their new song written by Simple Plan fucking sucks, Simple Plan fucking sucks

I had no idea! How could Motley Crue degrade themselves like this?!