PDA

View Full Version : Liberals Have Lost Touch With Reality

John Ashcroft
02-10-2005, 07:55 AM
You guys will love this one :D

General George S. Patton once said, "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."

Those on the left seem to be cynical about everything to do with the war on terrorism. I think if Patton were alive today, he would say liberals lack the courage to fight the enemy, and he would slap a few of them around.

Liberals are also cynical about the way the military handles terrorist prisoners. I am sure Patton would tell liberals they lack the basic understanding of warfare and prisoner handling, and he would challenge them to spend a few days on the front line to see how things are really done. Then he would slap a few of them around once again.

A soldier's job is to kill the enemy, or, as Patton also said, "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." The sooner liberals understand the true meaning of war, the sooner we can make the "other bastard" die for his country.

To prove how out of touch with reality liberals are these days, look at the uproar that occurred because of comments made by Lieutenant General James Mattis. General Mattis, who has commanded troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, was recently speaking at a forum in San Diego about strategies for the war on terror.

Mattis said: "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. ... It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up front with you, I like brawling."

General Mattis is the kind of general I want leading our troops into battle. Marines are there to kill the enemy, not coddle them. They need a leader like General Mattis.

But of course there was an uproar by liberals. Jeff McCausland, director of the Leadership in Conflict Initiative at Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pa., countered, "Clearly, for an officer from any service to say that publicly is unprofessional and inappropriate and sends a terrible message to subordinates."

I disagree. I think the general's troops loved the message sent and probably feel the same way.

What do liberals think Marines are doing in Iraq, handing out condoms to AIDS patients? Would liberals rather General Mattis had said: "I hate to fight. I think war is much too bloody. I think we should stay home and polish our nails and listen to show tunes."

Somehow, I think liberals would.

Liberals, especially young liberals, seem to forget that war is a very nasty thing. It is not a panty raid on a women's dormitory at a local college or a beer-chugging contest at an off-campus bar. In battle, the enemy has one thing in mind: He wants to kill. War is a contest of kill or be killed, and it is not nice.

The closest most leftists have come to battle is fighting police at various protests in the United States and around the world. Their idea of warfare is yelling obscenities at local police and hurling the occasional rock or bottle. A liberal's badge of honor is spending a few hours in jail after being arrested at a protest in Seattle or Washington, D.C., and getting his or her mug shots taken.

Yet even with their lack of experience in real warfare, liberals seem to think they have all the answers about how the military should treat captured terrorists and how best to fight the war on terrorism. Some liberals even claim that the U.S. Constitution protects terrorists.

I think they have a lot to learn.

First, prisoners captured in Iraq are not leftist protesters staging a sit-in on the steps of a federal building, singing "Give Peace a Chance." Prisoners in Iraq have not studied "Activism 101" and have never heard of Martin Sheen, Janeane Garofalo or Al Franken.

They are terrorist thugs who behead captured men and women, showing no remorse over the act. They are murderers trained by al-Qaida or other terrorist organizations. They want to kill American men, women and children. They have no rights.

Prisoners captured in Iraq are not handled with kid gloves and gently placed in a paddy wagon the way liberal protesters arrested in Seattle are. They are trying to kill Americans when captured and would love nothing better than to kill their captors and escape to fight another day. Captured terrorists should be treated like a rabid dog waiting to bite its handler and thrown in a cage.

I really do not care how inhumanely we treat the captured terrorists being held at Guantanamo Bay or Abu Ghraib Prison. They are murderers and thugs. I think terrorists should lose all human rights once they take the path of terrorism. A tough approach is the only deterrent these killers will understand.

If making a terrorist wear a pair of women's panties on his head will help save one innocent life by gaining information on future terrorist acts, it is worth the effort. Victoria's Secret and Fredrick's of Hollywood should contribute panties to the war effort. Maybe we would get a few more confessions.

I think General Mattis would agree. I know General Patton would.

Link: here (http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/2/9/185239.shtml)

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 09:06 AM
...And Conservatives have the courage to fight to the very last of someone else's kid.

Which "enemy" are we talking about here?

And after all John, didn't the guy you presumably voted for take the chicken (Nat'l Guard) way out of 'Nam? Didn't the guy you voted against kill VC and save American lives in that same war?

Neo Cons only know how to talk tough and be hypocritical cheerleaders, but when it comes to their own service, well they're just chicken hawks and 'sunshine patriots.'

BigBadBrian
02-10-2005, 09:17 AM
So much for Nickdfresh being a Republican. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
So much for Nickdfresh being a stupid, mindless, shit lapping Republican. :gulp:

Steve Darnell of NewsMaxs(ipad) also writes for Pravda (http://english.pravda.ru/mailbox/22/98/396/14904_.html), are you sure the tough guy general he feloniously cites shouldn't be Gen. Patton, but Marshall Zukov? LOL

BigBadBrian
02-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Steve Darnell of NewsMaxs(ipad) also writes for Pravda (http://english.pravda.ru/mailbox/22/98/396/14904_.html), are you sure the tough guy general he feloniously cites shouldn't be Gen. Patton, but Marshall Zukov? LOL

I'm just trying to piss you off, Nick. It's working. :)

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 09:22 AM
So much for Nickdfresh being a Republican. :gulp:

By the way Blunder, make sure you attack my Republican or Veteran status "creds" and completely avoid any of my points...Oh, you just did, congrats!

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 09:23 AM
I'm just trying to piss you off, Nick. It's working. :)

You got me there:D

"Anger is a gift!" --Rage Against the Machine

FORD
02-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Would liberals rather General Mattis had said: "I hate to fight. I think war is much too bloody. I think we should stay home and polish our nails and listen to show tunes."

Considering the ever growing number of closet queens associated with the BCE, it probably would have been a more realistic response. :D

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 09:42 AM

From an ambiguoulsy gay Newsmax article by Steve Darnell:

Liberals are also cynical about the way the military handles terrorist prisoners...the sooner liberals understand the true meaning of war...What do liberals think Marines are doing in Iraq, handing out condoms to AIDS patients?

This macho little CONSERVATIVE soldier/'journalist' wants to "slap around" liberals and terrorists as much as possible, as long as they are well-hung men that enjoy water (boarding) sports! LMAO
http://members.aol.com/jdg17/myhomepage/usmc-07.jpg

blueturk
02-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Ever notice that Democratic presidents get blow jobs in the office from females and Republican presidents obsess about guys giving blow jobs? Hmmmmmm...

ODShowtime
02-10-2005, 10:50 AM

Liberals, especially young liberals, seem to forget that war is a very nasty thing. It is not a panty raid on a women's dormitory at a local college or a beer-chugging contest at an off-campus bar. In battle, the enemy has one thing in mind: He wants to kill. War is a contest of kill or be killed, and it is not nice.

No, actually young liberals in Western Society (liberals in this article meaning everyone who's not in lockstep with gw&friends) know more about warfare than any other non-veteran citizens in the history of the world. Many of us have watched countless movies and read countless books on the subject and are able to see through the mindless jingoistic call to arms that has characterized propaganda recruitment drives for the last century and a half.

We don't buy into the glory of warfare bullshit. Sorry about that. Anyone who doesn't like it is certainly welcome to line up behind me and kiss my fucking ass. :)

ELVIS
02-10-2005, 11:37 AM
You claim to know something about warfasre because you watched "countless movies" ???

Give us a break!

Liberals lack the ability to identify the enemy...

You are 100% with the terrorists with your disdain for Christians...

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
You claim to know something about warfasre because you watched "countless movies" ???

Give us a break!

And what do you know about war you evangelical grease-monkey?

LoungeMachine
02-10-2005, 11:42 AM

2 of the Lamest, most ridiculous claims you've ever spewed.

Yeah, you and your ilk really "identified" the enemy this time, eh?

And fuck you and your Christian Bullshit.

My disadain for you means I have disdain for you, not that I support terrorists.

Way to misdirect the truth again:rolleyes:

You're a moron

ELVIS
02-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Just as much as you...

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 11:50 AM

General George S. Patton once said, "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
I do love it.

1) We don't have freedom.

2) We don't have safety, security, and peace.

3) We don't have prosperity.

4) We don't have leadership in high places that is doing what it needs to do to have the above.

Thanks.

I do love Patton's common sense.

It's time f4or you t2o wake up.

It's later than you think.

:spank:

IT'S A HUMAN RIGHT TO REVOLUTION
Announced In The Declaration Of Independence And Secured For In The 2nd Amendment

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 11:55 AM
...And Conservatives have the courage to fight to the very last of someone else's kid.
oh Nicky, dat's very good.

I've already voted f4or you o1nce. If I could vote f4or you again I would.

uh uh uh CAN YOU SAY DRAFT? uh uh uh

I would.

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 11:58 AM

Are you on a "Crusade," ELVIS?

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Just as much as you...

No you don't. You post some good articles, I'll give you that. But you're wrapped up in your (self-fulfilling)prophecy of Rapture stuff.

I keep hearing Revelations re-interpreted to fit the political situation of the day. Why I once read that the armies' of "Gog" was the Red Army, getting ready to launch it's tank divisions against Israel.

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
oh Nicky, dat's very good.

I've already voted f4or you o1nce. If I could vote f4or you again I would.

uh uh uh CAN YOU SAY DRAFT? uh uh uh

I would.

Thank's Phil!

ODShowtime
02-10-2005, 12:29 PM

Give us a break!

You know really are stupid. I judge you ELVIS, as a stupid person. You like that?

Answer me this oh wise one. How the fuck else can you know about warfare without either:

a) being there

b) asking people about it

c) reading books on it

d) watching movies about it? (I knew your stupid knee-jerk conservatism would force you to comment in this, you simple-minded fool)

Tell me how else you could know.

Then, when you're done with that, tell what other group of people in the history of humanity have had as much access to words and images about warfare than late twentieth century western man.

There is no glory. We don't buy that shit. That's how leaders get their sheep to que up for war. By lying about the enemy and lying about the glory of warfare.

Read a fucking book or watch a fucking movie about it sometime. Tell me Saving Private Ryan didn't open your eyes to the real deal. The real fucking deal about warfare. It did mine.

And to finish replying to your nonsense, I have nothing wrong with Christians in general. I've said here that I believe if everyone followed the teaching of Jesus, there would be heaven on Earth. That's what the bible's talking about. Now you know. I just told you the truth.

It doesn't mean that we as humans should enact policies to help bring about the end of the fucking world. I have much disdain for that. Naturally I don't want my fucking planet wasted! :eek:

LoungeMachine
02-10-2005, 12:30 PM
ELVIS = KATYDID = JOE THUNDER

ODShowtime
02-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Now there's no reason to belittle Katydid here :)

ELVIS
02-10-2005, 12:35 PM
LoungeMachine = FOOL

LoungeMachine
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Now there's no reason to belittle Katydid here :)

All 3 of them are one family reuinion away from the shallow end of their own gene pool:D

LoungeMachine
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
LoungeMachine = FOOL

Ouch:rolleyes:

I shall never recover......

ELVIS
02-10-2005, 12:37 PM
But you're wrapped up in your (self-fulfilling)prophecy of Rapture stuff.

No I'm not. That maybe what you're reading into it...

I keep hearing Revelations re-interpreted to fit the political situation of the day.

Maybe from FORD, not me...

ELVIS
02-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Ouch:rolleyes:

I shall never recover......

I'm beginning to think not...

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 12:47 PM
When I was in the Army, I knew an old Warrant Officer that was drafted during Vietnam and served as an infantryman (and was wounded to the point of partial disability) and finished out his tour as a door gunner on a Huey.

I asked him what combat was like, and I remember him getting a little upset and saying if you ever find yourself in it, and are about to kill somebody, "don't look into their eyes...because you'll see them in your dreams forever."

That shook me up a bit.

John Ashcroft
02-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Heh heh heh...

Mission accomplished.

LoungeMachine
02-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Heh heh heh...

Mission accomplished.

Same thing I said to your wife last night;)

Yes, JA, you know how to stir the shit in here, I'll hand it to you.

ODShowtime
02-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Heh heh heh...

Mission accomplished.

yeah. The article was pretty stupid, but it took Elvis to really ratchet up the idiocy.

What's your take there JA?

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Heh heh heh...

Mission accomplished.

Are you one of the pilots that kicks back about four or five martinis in the airport lounge before the flight to Dallas?

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

Read a fucking book or watch a fucking movie about it sometime. Tell me Saving Private Ryan didn't open your eyes to the real deal. The real fucking deal about warfare. It did mine.

[/SIZE]
There is a scene in The Thin Red Line worth mentioning.

The Army has arrived and landed on Guadalcanal. My dad was already there and when my dad got his first hot coffee he knew the army arrived as their reinforcements and that meant they would be shipping out... to do it again. Hot coffee was "bad news" to my dad, The Old Breed, it wasn't good news.

In the scene it's quiet. The wind is blowing over the tall island grass making it ripple like silent waves upon the ocean.

No words. The army company featured in the movie is on a ridge. Nothing is moving. No enemy in sight. Silence. A finger is pointed. Two GI's are picked by an officer. He points for them to go forward in advance over the quiet waving grass.

No words. No sounds. The two GI's eye the officer, then they eye each other, and nod their heads to each other to say to each other silently, "Go."

They advance forward and just the split second as they both stand taller than the beautifully waving tropical island paradise grass BANG, BANG... two shots from nowhere, they fell dead, the officer and his company all saw it... and that's just the movie portrail of what the beginning of hell looks like -- if you'd like to look and never go there.

You should pray you don't go there. But it's coming to the U.S., and it's "gonna be bad."

If you've never seen this movie you can rent it t2onight.

Then, buy a defensive weapon. I recommend a M-14 .308, about 5,000 rounds to be mobile and bury the rest, and of course your water, food, and shelter needs.

The government will not take care of you.

P

John Ashcroft
02-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Heh heh heh...

Not a pilot. But still kick back a few when I can.

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Heh heh heh...

Sorry, I meant lose people's baggage.

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Heh heh heh...

How old are you, Johnny?

BigBadBrian
02-10-2005, 01:08 PM

Then, buy a defensive weapon. I recommend a M-14 .308, about 5,000 rounds to be mobile and bury the rest, and of course your water, food, and shelter needs.

I qualified expert on the M-14. It's a damned good weapon.

The reason the Army discontinued it is it kicks like a sonofabitch and is a bit heavy and is a bit TOO MUCH weapon for most men.

Women? Forget it. They couldn't hang with it.

The Army said no more and went with the M-16.

It's a shame. The M-14 Rocks man. :)

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 01:10 PM

The reason the Army discontinued it is it kicks like a sonofabitch and is a bit heavy and is a bit TOO MUCH weapon for most men.

Common ground, BBB.

When are you going to wake up to the rest of what I'm correct about, brother?

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 01:11 PM

That, and they were losing early small unit fire-fights with the North Vietnamese; because the AK-47 has more close range fire-power that the semi-auto M-14.

BTW: The Marines still use small numbers of modernized M-14's/M-21's as medium range sniper rifles.

The Army uses a version of the 7.62mm AR-10, which is similiar to the M-14 for the same purpose.
http://www.shooterready.com/rifle2.jpg

BigBadBrian
02-10-2005, 01:13 PM
That, and they were losing early small unit fire-fights with the North Vietnamese; because the AK-47 has more close range fire-power that the semi-auto M-14.

Yep. That is true.

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 01:13 PM
I don't plan to be close, Nick.

BigBadBrian
02-10-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't plan to be close, Nick.

Me either. I got some killer SNIPER books if anyone wants some links on AMAZON. :D

:gun:

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 01:23 PM

And the wiz kids, along with Gen. Strangelove, loved the futuristic M-16.
http://www.nndb.com/people/387/000022321/robert-mcnamara.jpg
http://www.ont.com/users/kolya/AR15/M16A1_M16A2.jpg

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 01:47 PM
The Army uses a version of the 7.62mm AR-10, which is similiar to the M-14 for the same purpose.
My ammo is lighter and it gets the job done whereas .223 doesn't do well. That's why I've invested in mine.

You should also factor in the knowledge that there was no ammo available for hunters in the U.S. during WW II. How do you shoot a deer with no ammo? Do you catch him with your bare hands? I'm saying get your ammo now.

Ammo.

It's not just for deer anymore.

P

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 01:52 PM
My ammo is lighter and it gets the job done whereas .223 doesn't do well. That's why I've invested in mine.

You should also factor in the knowledge that there was no ammo available for hunters in the U.S. during WW II. How do you shoot a deer with no ammo? Do you catch him with your bare hands? I'm saying get your ammo now.

Ammo.

P

AR-10 & the M-14 fire the same round: 7.62mm X 51mm NATO.

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
AR-10 & the M-14 fire the same round: 7.62mm X 51mm NATO.
I still say, buy the lighter ammo.

If you really need to you can always get ammo off of the dead bodies of foreign assets who break into your house.

P

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I still say, buy the lighter ammo.

If you really need to you can always get ammo off of the dead bodies of foreign assets who break into your house.

P

Phil, you don't really believe U.N. Communist-Globalists are going to occupy us do you?

Although, I don't blame you for have a weapon just in case. I think it might be time for me to get a Mini-14 (for self-defensive purposes & fun only).

Don't think I can swing the $800 though.

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes, only they will be "socialist" globlists assets although the Red Chinese troops will be full blown commies.

Try lay-away, 10% down at the gun shop.

My dad was a Cleveland cop and a WWII Pacific vet and every gun shop owner in the city was my "uncle" somebody. haha

And "Uncle Norby" to me was the police chief of Kelley's Island to everybody else when I was growing up.:)

John Ashcroft
02-10-2005, 02:51 PM
How old are you, Johnny?

Older than I wish I was...

But still young at heart.

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Older than I wish I was...

But still young at heart.
I know what you mean, brother.

If I'd have known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.

Life is long.

Life is short.

FORD
02-10-2005, 03:36 PM

Are you back on the drugs again? Because there's no way in Hell you were sober when you wrote that!

A "Liberal" won World War II - you know, the REAL war, with a REAL enemy that was a REAL threat to the United States.

A "Liberal" pulled this country out of the Great Depression. And it will be a "Liberal" who pulls it out of the next one, caused by BCE economic policy.

A "Liberal" stared down the Soviet Union 90 miles off our own shores and avoided a nuclear holocaust. If a neocon had been in the White House then - especially Half Assed Monkey Boy - none of us would be here right now to argue about how stupid your post was..

And that same "Liberal" tried to stop Vietnam before it really started. Which is among the reasons the CIA put a bullet in his head before he could follow through with that plan.

That "liberal" also said ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country".

The simian neocon currently occupying the White House says ask not why you need to die for someone else's country to make my friends richer.

Think I'll trust the "Liberals". To do otherwise is to ensure the very destruction of this nation.

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by FORD A "Liberal" stared down the Soviet Union 90 miles off our own shores and avoided a nuclear holocaust. If a neocon had been in the White House then - especially Half Assed Monkey Boy - none of us would be here right now to argue about how stupid your post was..
GW as President during the Cuban Missle Crisis?!

Wot da fak are you trying t2o do mmake mme spit up mmy space Pepsi?

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by FORD To do otherwise is to ensure the very destruction of this nation.
It's an issue.

ELVIS
02-10-2005, 04:38 PM
The M-14 Rocks man. :)

You cannot possibly be suggesting tha you enjoyed handling a weapon that is made for taking human lives !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh noooooo!!!

Phil theStalker
02-10-2005, 06:46 PM
You cannot possibly be suggesting tha you enjoyed handling a weapon that is made for taking human lives !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh noooooo!!!
ELVIS, ask about a free sample.

Ammo.

For the most dangerous preditor.

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 08:39 PM

Oh noooooo!!!

Yes Elvis. you catch on quick!

BTW: The Marines still use small numbers of modernized M-14's/M-21's as medium range sniper rifles.

http://www.shooterready.com/rifle2.jpg

ODShowtime
02-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Yes Elvis. you catch on quick!

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there Nick.

LoungeMachine
02-11-2005, 08:52 AM

Oh noooooo!!!

wow. sarcasm. funny stuff E.

Learned any other new tricks?

BigBadBrian
02-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Learned any other new tricks?

I learned how to make your old lady turn over and beg. :sex:

LoungeMachine
02-11-2005, 05:13 PM
I learned how to make your old lady turn over and beg. :sex:

Finally got that AM EX Platinum, huh?

good for you.:D

Seshmeister
02-14-2005, 08:42 AM
GW as President during the Cuban Missle Crisis?!

Wot da fak are you trying t2o do mmake mme spit up mmy space Pepsi?

http://images.hollywood.com/images/large/l_2401356.jpg

We already know exactly how W would have coped...