PDA

View Full Version : Iran promises Burning Hell for US

LoungeMachine
02-11-2005, 11:53 PM
TEHRAN, Iran (Reuters) -- Iran, facing mounting U.S. pressure over its nuclear program, promised on Thursday a "burning hell" for any aggressor as tens of thousands marched to mark the 26th anniversary of its Islamic revolution.

"The Iranian nation does not seek war, does not seek violence and dispute. But the world must know that this nation will not tolerate any invasion," President Mohammad Khatami said in a fiery speech to the crowd in central Tehran.

"The whole Iranian nation is united against any threat or attack. If the invaders reach Iran, the country will turn into a burning hell for them," he added, as the crowd, braving heavy snow, chanted "Death to America!" and "Death to Israel!."

Senior officials had called for a big turnout at the revolution anniversary parades to send a message to Washington which has toughened its stance on Iran in recent weeks.

U.S. President George W. Bush said on Wednesday a nuclear-armed Iran would be "a very destabilizing force" and urged the West to work together to stop this happening.

"The Iranians just need to know that the free world is working together to send a very clear message: Don't develop a nuclear weapon," Bush said.

Unlike North Korea, which on Thursday openly declared it has made nuclear arms, Iran denies U.S. accusations it is building bombs under cover of a civilian nuclear energy program.

But Iran, too, has hardened its language in recent days, refusing to contemplate scrapping sensitive activities like uranium enrichment -- which can be used to make bomb-grade material -- and vowing to accelerate work on its program if the United States or Israel attacked its atomic plants.

Diplomats said while the chances of a U.S. or Israeli attack were slim, Iran appeared to be on a collision course with the U.N. Security Council, which could impose sanctions.

"It's hard to see how they can avoid going to the Council, unless they substantially change their position," said a Western diplomat in Tehran.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Wednesday Tehran must accept a deal being offered by the European Union -- to scrap potentially weapons-related work like enrichment in return for trade deals and other incentives -- or be referred to the Security Council.

But Iran's top nuclear negotiator Hassan Rohani told Reuters in an interview this week there was nothing the West could offer Iran that would tempt it to give up its atomic fuel cycle.

Defence Minister Ali Shamkhani accused the EU and United States of colluding in an effort to force Iran to compromise.

"One side is playing a good cop role, while the other side is playing the bad cop in order to put Iran in the throes of the good cop from fear of the bad cop," the official IRNA news agency quoted him as saying.

There are also mixed voices coming from Iran. While most rhetoric this week has been hardline, a top nuclear negotiator on Thursday signalled an opening for a deal at EU talks, which continue on Friday, because of a perceived change in the European position.

"The chance of striking an agreement is not small because Iran is quite flexible in this regard," Hossein Mousavian, a senior official at Iran's Supreme National Security Council, told state television.

One European diplomat in Tehran said it was typical for Iran to turn up the heat of its rhetoric in the run-up to a round of talks with the EU and then soften its stance afterwards.

"It's typical posturing. At the end of the day they don't want to go to the Security Council so they need to continue the EU talks," the diplomat said.

Those at Thursday's annual demonstration, which tends to draw the hardcore supporters of Iran's clerical establishment, said Iran would not back down in the face of U.S. threats.

"The U.S. is after an excuse. If we stop atomic technology, they will find another excuse," said Habibollah Hosseini, a 68-year-old cleric.

"They invaded Iraq although there were no weapons (of mass destruction). The best response to intimidation is unity and power. We are here to show this," he said.

Several carried effigies of Bush, one of which, carrying a banner which read "I love war" was burned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2005 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

ELVIS
02-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Gee LostMachine, I thought you didn't like Iran threads...

Originally posted by LostMachine
-- and vowing to accelerate work on its program if the United States or Israel attacked its atomic plants.

They won't have a program to accelerate work on...

It will be rubble...

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Whatever happens will be " God's Will " I guess.........

blueturk
02-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

You got that right! God and Dubya are TIGHT.

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Gee LostMachine, I thought you didn't like Iran threads...

Just not your's:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 12:50 AM
LMFAO turk

God wrote the Axis of Evil line after all......

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 12:53 AM
I read ELVIS drivel, and can't help but wonder just WHICH religious fundamentalist wack jobs are more dangerous....

they're getting harder to tell apart...

FORD
02-12-2005, 10:01 AM

Well, eventually it will be.....

Ezekiel 38

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Meshech was a descendant of Noah who eventually settled in the far north. In English, his name translates to Moscow.

Persia, of course, is today known as Iran.

And it's no secret to anyone with a functional brain that the Likud party of Israel is behind the PNAC agenda, with Perle, Wolfowitz, and Feith being literal double agents (and dual citizens) who began this agenda with a manifesto called "Securing the Realm" which they wrote in collaboration with the Likud Netanyahu regime in 1995.

So when Iran is invaded and the Russians feel that this agenda has hit a little too close to home, the former "Evil Empire" will strike back.

The theme of Ezekiel 38-39 is that Israel's arrogance has grown to the point where God feels that a good ass kicking is the only thing that will get their attention. Of course, at the 2 minute warning (so to speak) God himself will suit up and score the winning touchdown, laying the Russian/Muslim coalition army to waste, but not before some serious devastation.

Too bad it's gonna take all of that to put a stop to this fascist agenda :(

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks Ford.

I'm now going to go buy canned goods....

Little_Skittles
02-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Gotta do whatcha gotta do to.

ELVIS
02-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks Ford.

I'm now going to go buy canned goods....

I thought you said the Bible was a fairy tale ??

ELVIS
02-12-2005, 12:30 PM
BTW, canned goods won't help you...

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 12:46 PM

you're a little slow, aren't you?

" buying canned goods" is a joke. a euphamism [sp?] for thinking the end is near.

again I ask, why do you bother?

And the Bible is 90% bullshit. But the idiots in power have the ability to create a self-fulfilling prophesy

:rolleyes:

ELVIS
02-12-2005, 12:47 PM
90% bullshit ??

You really are a fool...

How much of it have you read ??

FORD
02-12-2005, 01:36 PM
If it's "bullshit" then it turned out to be pretty accurate "bullshit".

How could Ezekiel have possibly known, 4,000 years ago, that Meshech's descendants would form a nation large enough to be capable of leading this eventual invasion of Israel. And why would Ezekiel - if he just made the whole thing up - have the Persians, the Libyans and the Ethiopians as partners in the invasion. At the time, there was no Islam, so these three countries, nowhere near each other, had absolutely nothing in common with each other, let alone a reason for any of them to team up with Russia.

In fact I can't think of any circumstance throughout all of history which would bring this type of coalition together. Muslim nations teaming up against Israel? Sure, but what's in it for Russia? The Soviet Union certainly had the military hardware to do it, but never did.

On the other hand, the current situation, with Likud clearly pulling the strings of PNAC easily allows for Muslim nations to team up against them, and an invasion of Iran in particular, might be a little too close to home for Pooty-Poot or whomever else might be running Russia at the time.

So if Ezekiel was just a fiction writer, I'd say he did a damn good job.

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 01:38 PM
again I say.....

self fulfilling prophesies abound

ELVIS
02-12-2005, 01:56 PM
No way...

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 02:00 PM
way.....

lms2
02-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Okay, but if God has always known the end of the story... what has been the purpose of allowing it all to play out?

God creates man with free will... but even at the time of creation, God knows what man will do with it... has this been like a 4,000 (give or take :D ) year experiment just so God can say, "yep... pretty much what I expected..."?

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by lms2
Okay, but if God has always known the end of the story... what has been the purpose of allowing it all to play out?

God creates man with free will... but even at the time of creation, God knows what man will do with it... has this been like a 4,000 (give or take :D ) year experiment just so God can say, "yep... pretty much what I expected..."?

Exactly.

If there's been some "biblical roadmap" all this time, and we as a race have no control over it, then what's the point?

You mean to tell me we're just pawns in God's video game?

so much for free will.

Sorry, I create my own destiny.

ELVIS and his ilk FEAR free will, because they have no self control. Which explains why when given feedom, they drink/drug too much, crash cars, etc.

SOME of us use God's free will to our advantage.

Your jealousy of us free people is funny, ELVIS

ELVIS
02-12-2005, 02:11 PM
I still have free will...

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 02:19 PM

no, you don't.

Little_Skittles
02-12-2005, 02:21 PM
this should be interesting. Actually lounge machine we do have free will very much so we don't have to with god we can turn against him and burn eternally in hell or we can follow the shepeard in to paradise.

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 02:24 PM
so much for "question everything, accept nuttn"

Why not just say, "I'll follow the sheep"

lms2
02-12-2005, 02:30 PM

Okay... but sometimes it gets confusing as to how we are supposed to use our free will.

If this is God's ultimate plan... which it must be, or he would not have made it to be so... then our free will should not be used to try and prevent its happening. Am I right? Wouldn't that be to go against God?

If it is God's will that these events occur, what is the purpose to them happening? Why not just make it be so to begin with?

I know a good christian accepts God's will without question... but sometimes I think God has a purpose for me, and I just don't know what that is. Yeah, yeah... I know, God will let me know in good time... but I find myself wondering alot... is this what God wants... or is this Satan tempting me... Has God already offered me the closest thing to paradise this side of heaven, and I turned my back on it... or did the devil tempt me, and I was strong...

Little_Skittles
02-12-2005, 02:33 PM
so much for "question everything, accept nuttn"

Why not just say, "I'll follow the sheep"

Lounge machine DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!!! Read the bible and you will see clearly that it say he is our shepeard we are his flock. But no where in my previous post did i say i accept this as the truth, nor did i say i didn't question it.

Little_Skittles
02-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by lms2
Okay... but sometimes it gets confusing as to how we are supposed to use our free will.

If this is God's ultimate plan... which it must be, or he would not have made it to be so... then our free will should not be used to try and prevent its happening. Am I right? Wouldn't that be to go against God?

If it is God's will that these events occur, what is the purpose to them happening? Why not just make it be so to begin with?

I know a good christian accepts God's will without question... but sometimes I think God has a purpose for me, and I just don't know what that is. Yeah, yeah... I know, God will let me know in good time... but I find myself wondering alot... is this what God wants... or is this Satan tempting me... Has God already offered me the closest thing to paradise this side of heaven, and I turned my back on it... or did the devil tempt me, and I was strong...

Memwa you are like me sitting on the fence and confused. Come to church some sunday and you will find it does help.

GAR
02-12-2005, 02:42 PM
90% bullshit ??

You really are a fool...

How much of it have you read ??

- the 10% is what I'm guessing ..

Little_Skittles
02-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Lounge machine come on you made your bed now lie in it. Come out and play lounge machine!

Nickdfresh
02-12-2005, 03:24 PM

I'm going to make a down payment on that Mini-14 then.:elvis:

lms2
02-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
Memwa you are like me sitting on the fence and confused. Come to church some sunday and you will find it does help.

Ah Skittles, be careful what you wish for... you may get it!

You were probably too young to remember the jehovah's witnesses that used to come calling... what it boils down to is that they came offering to share the good word with me, but after several question and answer session, they refused to come back...

Little_Skittles
02-12-2005, 04:04 PM
no not true mama.... i remember that after the first day of my freshman year these really cute guys came and asked if they could talk to us about god. I looked at you like well it's up to you. Then you politely said no i don't think so or something like that. Bottom line was no. How come they never came back?

LoungeMachine
02-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Lounge machine DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!!!

I didnt put words in your mouth, cupcake.

I quoted the tag line below YOUR avatar:rolleyes:

No more sugar today, kitten

lms2
02-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Not THEM! The ones that used to actually come, sit and visit...

The lady used to tell me everytime I would ask her something that she was not qualified to answer that question. I would tell her that God gave her an opinion, and the she did not have to be "qualified" to tell me what SHE thought... but she would always say you need to come and ask pastor that... She eventually told me that although she enjoyed our visits... that they left her feeling uneasy and made her doubt her own faith, so she would be unable to continue them!

Now about those boys... if you wanted to talk to them, you should have said so.

FORD
02-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Hell I got harrassed by a JW on my way to work the other day. Since when did they start peddling Watchtowers at 8:00 AM??

ELVIS
02-12-2005, 07:01 PM
this should be interesting. Actually lounge machine we do have free will very much so we don't have to with god we can turn against him and burn eternally in hell or we can follow the shepeard in to paradise.

Nicely put...;)

Little_Skittles
02-12-2005, 07:59 PM
thank you :)

twonabomber
02-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Hell I got harrassed by a JW on my way to work the other day. Since when did they start peddling Watchtowers at 8:00 AM??

i'm putting a gate at the end of my driveway to keep 'em out.

Jerry Falwell
02-13-2005, 12:54 AM
I would like to impose a question. If the Bible is only 10% accurate, why hasn't current day science proven ANY of it wrong? Just an observation. :D

Nickdfresh
02-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Falwell
I would like to impose a question. If the Bible is only 10% accurate, why hasn't current day science proven ANY of it wrong? Just an observation. :D

Scholars have "proven it" inaccurate and biased since it was written and EDITED by men.

BigBadBrian
02-13-2005, 09:20 AM

so much for free will.

Sorry, I create my own destiny.

You have NOTHING to say about it. :gulp:

LoungeMachine
02-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You have NOTHING to say about it. :gulp:

As usual, Brie.... you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
02-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Falwell

Because scientific evidence is needed to prove things scientifically you dolt. That's a little lacking after about 2,000+ years.

LoungeMachine
02-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Because scientific evidence is needed to prove things scientifically you dolt. That's a little lacking after about 2,000+ years.

How would one even go about proving burning bushes, 1,000 year old men, and immaculate conceptions?

Well done as usual OD:D

Jerry Falwell
02-13-2005, 04:27 PM
For instance, there was a scientific team of atheists from sweden that set out to disprove the book of Exodus and its contents. Turns out, they believe that they found the crossing in the Red Sea that the israelites used as well as horse bones and Chariot wheels at the bottom of the crossing. They can tell that the chariots are from that time due to the make of them and the # of spokes on the wheels. Turns out, they have not been able to extract any of the evidence due to political red tape, but they do have a book and tape of their findings which includes pic's and such. Needless to say, they are not so atheistic anymore.